Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: No Shirt, No Clue, Big Problems

Message added by TexasGal,

Real time events such as current news about crew members are spoilers in the episode thread.  These can be discussed in the media thread.

• Start Topic

Tired of his crew making simple mistakes, Captain Glenn keeps an unwavering eye on them. A Women’s Empowerment Dinner takes a strange turn when the women involved can’t stop tearing each other down. Sydney and Colin bring the mood back up when they perform an original song for the guests. An evening sail catches Natasha off guard, and she never quite catches back up. Dani and JL get serious about where their relationship is heading but questions still linger. Gary takes a swing and whiffs on an attempt to get Alli back and then doubles down on more bad decisions.

Airdate: 05.31.2021

• Love 1

Obviously these empowered women aren’t friends.... at least some. What exactly is their connection, sorry I don’t recall?  I can say I’m glad to see them depart.  Why was one taking a duvet in her suitcase? I think I miss a lot of the dialogue on this show. 🙈🙉🙊

• Love 6

I usually don't get too worked up about the characters on these shows, but these women guests are the worst!    I don't watch any of the Housewives shows, but I imagine these women would fit that mold.

"Does the boat always lean to one side when we sail?" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, azprimadonna said:

yeah, book a sailing trip and then bitch when you actually sail....

and at the beach lunch, when they were giving "positive comments" about each other-- so much shade. "You have so much potential." Gee thanks.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Late to the party but I'm about ready to rip out my hair listening to how that blonde woman talks. How can anyone stand to listen to that voice constantly? Why does she talk like that? Why does she think it's cute/cool? Why?? I cannot comprehend it!

• Love 17

Ali, if you have time, could you help me pack?

While Ali is CLEARLY working. So you KNOW you are taking her away from whatever she is actually supposed to be doing. God these women were annoying.

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

Alli does what she thinks is the right thing in an effort to spare Sydney's feelings.

Sydney's response is to be deliberately hurtful as "revenge." On Alli. For something Gary did.

Gary response is to be deliberately hurtful for spite. On Alli. Because she wouldn't do what he wanted when he wanted.

Sydney and Gary are horrible, horrible people.

This 100%, this. Run from both of them, Ally. They don't deserve any kindness from you at all. 

• Love 21

These woman are brutal. Almost as bad as the Long Island meatheads from last year.

I think they get a bunch of unrelated people together to fill out a charter. Nobody seems to be friends with that one girl who they kept othering and putting at the end of the table.

It was like “Lord of the Flies” with Botox.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, azprimadonna said:

I usually don't get too worked up about the characters on these shows, but these women guests are the worst!    I don't watch any of the Housewives shows, but I imagine these women would fit that mold.

These women wish they were Real Housewives. Most of the housewives are better than this most of the time.

The most interesting part of this group for me was the way the alliances changed. At first Bianca, aka "Tatas for Trump," seemed to be besties with Erica Rose, the former Bachelor contestant, and the two of them were fighting with that brunette Jessica. Then Erica Rose and Jessica seemed to start shunning Bianca. So weird.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

How hard is it to get meals out on time, Natasha? I mean, come on!

and she seems to have not thought ahead, when signing up to be a chef on a sailing yacht, that heeling was GOING TO BE A THING! She should have had a plan for what she could, and couldn't, do while the boat was under sail. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Feech said:

Excluding Mila she seems the worst chef ever on Below Deck.

She makes Leon look like Julia Child.

Captain Lee or Sandy would have fired her ass a long time ago. Captain Glenn is adorable but needs a little more backbone.

• Love 6
(edited)

Sorry about this post.  After thinking it over, I didn't want to quote the disgusting thing Leah of The Real Housewives of NY had to say-- even though I think she'd fit right in with some of this yacht crew.  So I deleted it.  Sorry again!

Edited by stcroix
After thinking about it, I didnt want to repeat what Leah of The Real Housewives of NY had to say it was so disgusting.
  • Love 1
(edited)

Hurray! Pee-wee Herman and her female empowerment BS is off the boat. 
Sidney needs to learn how to respect herself. She thinks she’s being vindictive against Allie but she’s looking like the biggest dumbass for even flirting with Tarzan. She’s also delusional if she thinks she’s a better catch than Allie.  Allie also respects herself…

Edited by TheCouchPotato
  • Love 15
(edited)

Finally looked up Erica on IMDB because I know I hadn't watched her on the Bachelor etc.  She was apparently on "You're Cut Off" where rich entitled 20-something women had to live without their usual luxuries.  I did watch some of that.  Finally I know why I sadly recognize her.  

ETA:  If all they were getting on the beach was wraps (and some sides), why weren't those ready ahead of time and just sent with them or right afterward?  The sailing was later!  (I am a bit prejudiced as I'm not that fond of wraps, especially since I don't eat most meats).

Edited by Jobiska
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jobiska said:

Finally looked up Erica on IMDB because I know I hadn't watched her on the Bachelor etc.  She was apparently on "You're Cut Off" where rich 20-entitled something women had to live without their usual luxuries.  I did watch some of that.  Finally I know why I sadly recognize her.  

LoL! My childhood BFF was on that show.  I won't say which girl to protect anonymity but she kept trying to get in touch with me for years but I wasn't interested really. I'm happy with the people currently in my life. When I found out she was on that show I wasn't shocked.

• Love 2

Gary is gross. Sydney and he deserve each other.  I will say though, Alli needs to tone down the way she chews her food with those over- inflated lips. I've seen donkeys with more elegance than that.  But good on her for dumping Gar. It shows if you be yourself (whether for good or for bad), it will show what kind of person you are through your actions. Sydney is acting like trash. Sorry to say but at some point, it seems she was probably made to feel worthless or told she is. Or she was made to feel that she's only good for one thing. She needs some counseling. Colin continues being the best. Shocked to hear J.L. say he's "ready to settle down." Honestly I can't wait to see where their storyline goes. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Shocked to hear J.L. say he's "ready to settle down."

Seriously, you've spent a few weeks with this person, you're 23 years old. You're only saying you might be ready to settle down because you know she'll drop you like a hot potato if that isn't in the cards. Which you know it isn't. 

• Love 10

I think these guys had to quarantine together for two weeks before the charter and they started the cruise Sick.Of.Each.Other. right out of the gate.

There were three primaries and I think they were Erica, her mother, and the brunette that’s not Bianca. Everyone else is a (full paying) guest of those three, including “I’m so pretty” “I don’t eat bread” “I don’t eat breakfast” Bianca.

Bianca acted like she was a primary and not-Bianca brunette finally had it and began to insist on her special privileges, like sitting in the middle. Erica and her mom always sat in the middle.

Colin is a good friend. Too bad Gary is stupid, impulsive, and vengeful.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I will say though, Alli needs to tone down the way she chews her food with those over- inflated lips. I've seen donkeys with more elegance than that. 

🤣

(edited)
On 6/1/2021 at 12:54 AM, endure said:

I think I miss a lot of the dialogue on this show.

I'm rewatching and it is really hard to make out.

They need more subtitles.

This whole charter is a mess.

eta:  Throw Sydney over the side.  Please!

Edited by PaperTree
On 6/2/2021 at 2:01 AM, TheCouchPotato said:

Hurray! Pee-wee Herman and her female empowerment BS is off the boat. 
Sidney needs to learn how to respect herself. She thinks she’s being vindictive against Allie but she’s looking like the biggest dumbass for even flirting with Tarzan. She’s also delusional if she thinks she’s a better catch than Allie.  Allie also respects herself…

Are you calling her Pee-Wee Herman because of the weird deep voice that creeps up while she is speaking because I kept thinking I was hearing things, I heard her do that, right?

• Love 4
On 6/1/2021 at 10:42 AM, Lamima said:

Alli does what she thinks is the right thing in an effort to spare Sydney's feelings.

Sydney's response is to be deliberately hurtful as "revenge." On Alli. For something Gary did.

Gary response is to be deliberately hurtful for spite. On Alli. Because she wouldn't do what he wanted when he wanted.

Sydney and Gary are horrible, horrible people.

I couldn't have said it better!  They are both horrible people.  And Gary decides his going to bone Sydney since Alli called him on his BS.

Also, horrible were the women on this charter.  WTH! This is what is wrong with Women's Movement today.  They were all fake smiling while telling each other how great they are.  Do people not realize they are on CAMERA when they are snide talking about others?  

• Love 1
(edited)

The thing that’s particularly galling about Gary’s “broken heart” and “rejection” was that Alli specifically told him that she does have feelings for him. Alli just wants to wait one week and then get together off the boat. The fact that Gary takes this as utter denial and a justification to revenge screw Sydney is outrageous.

Edited by NYCFree
  • Love 13
On 6/3/2021 at 10:16 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Are you calling her Pee-Wee Herman because of the weird deep voice that creeps up while she is speaking because I kept thinking I was hearing things, I heard her do that, right?

Yup. I kept thinking I was hearing things as well or prod was making noises but then it kept happening while she was around. Very, very weird. Hopefully, she’ll watch this and realize that it’s not cute ay all. 

• LOL 1

I'll give JL a teeny tiny (like as tiny as some of Natasha's servings) bit of leeway on the "settle down" talk because I think it was mostly or all in his talking heads and I'm sure there were leading questions.  He does crack up a lot after he says things as if he thinks they're outrageous, or he's embarrassed, or he doesn't believe himself, or whatever.  But he's still as messy as...Natasha's "artistic" dessert spread.

I forgot how the primary brunette was talking about how she didn't shower and then got all anxious because the other two women that were awake were all "we showered!" and I forget, were they smelling armpits at some point?   What a group.

7 hours ago, Jobiska said:

I forgot how the primary brunette was talking about how she didn't shower and then got all anxious because the other two women that were awake were all "we showered!" and I forget, were they smelling armpits at some point?   What a group.

Oddly, that and that they eat things other than salads and diet soda were the only two things I really liked about them. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I just don't get the attractiveness of Gary to these women.

His looks remind me of guys in my high school in the late 70s. BTW that was not known as a high point for style. I guess he has a nice smile :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2