Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Um, yea, WHAT??

Can we get someone on this STAT? Zoeysmom, you got any time to investigate this? I've never heard of Juicy slamming a woman's head into a mailbox before. I also read on another site that one of this priors involved impersonating an Officer.  It sounds like his list of prior issues with the law might be longer than a lot of people knew. Maybe they have a real reason to be scared of Deportation. I honestly never thought it would happen. 

It is from this article. www.northjersey.com/news/despite-tearful-pleas-real-housewives-stars-joe-teresa-giudice-sentenced-to-prison-1.1101133  It is an "alleged" assault, the writer gives no other information. BUT........In Joes BK petition he listed a potential, not filed as of then, lawsuit by a woman, I forget her name, that was a "personal injury" lawsuit! I wonder if it is her! How did this pig/thug stay out of prison for so long? There have to be some questionable "connections" with him, his family (father/brother) that helped to keep this thug free for so long! JMO

• Love 3

A couple of things at this point in time regarding fines, liens, foreclosure and thee like:

Giudices have already violated the $200,000.00 bond they were suppose to post.  They will be given days to correct the deficiency or probation will have them back in court. The IRS has at least a $200,000.00 payment agreement in place with Joe as part of the pleas.  Probably several others in place with regards to Teresa, plus the State of New Jersey.  When they collectively begin to default on these agreements levies and liens will follow.  As to Teresa her stuff may be stayed-except that $200,000.00, she has agreed to pay at time of sentencing, while she is incarcerated.

My theory- they will default on most everything. The mansion will be in foreclosure probably by the time Teresa reports (I am thinking the bank should not hold their breath for the October payment) by the time the mansion goes through foreclosure Teresa won't give a damn-because she will have 3 squares and a cot.   Trust me by then the IRS will have placed a lien on it, if their isn't one already in place.  I see Joe and some of his buddies removing a lot of the onyx and marble and anything else they can strip from the house. 

I don't know what the court will have as a security to not place Joe in custody.  The attorneys fees just got a lot higher.

On that note I want to add my two cents worth regarding the attorneys.  Their last great job they did was getting the plea agreement.  It was a great deal.  The rest of the representation-I felt for the attorneys because their clients are the old lying liars who lie.  I feel that a large part of their case was probably chasing fees.  Unless there is a huge book advance coming in Teresa's near future-which I am certain she will announce after the check is cashed and spent, the Gravy Train pulled by the little engine Bravo built, is running out of steam.  All in all their arguments to the judge were largely offensive and stretching the truth until it was almost unrecognizable.

I see in the near future the attorneys withdrawing from the case seeing nothing but endless unpaid work ahead of them.  Ethically they are no longer bound to the Giudices, as I am sure the retainer agreement only covered them through sentencing.

• Love 11

I'm not at all sure that I agree with the sentence.  I think the judge was afraid that some rabid fan would set fire to her house and went a little easy on them.  If they hadn't been on a popular TV show, would they have been sentenced more harshly?  I have to wonder.

I'm with you. I don't agree at all with this sentence. Teresa and Joe Giudice did everything wrong from the day the trial began. They went in direct opposition to court orders by lying about income and not divulging certain assets. To me, that's clearly contempt of court and they should have been given harsher sentences or extended sentences just for this alone. I truly believe that their high profile status worked in their behalf. A judge would have slammed any common man with the maximum sentence allowed by law. The fact that the alcoholic and philanderer Joe Giudice will be sole parent that will be responsible for 4 minor children is worrisome to say the least. Perhaps Child Protective Services will step in to assure that these kids have a responsible adult caring for them. Joe Giudice has been doing dirty business most of his life, Teresa was the Italian princess that wanted the glamorous life and didn't care how she got that. They're both dirty people. Anyone in New Jersey that owns a concrete business, major road construction business, or garbage business has mob connections. Everyone knows this, it doesn't only happen in the Sopranos.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on which side of the prison fence you're looking out from, any Federal prison is a country club compared to most State or local prisons. The level of violence in the maximum security places in the State system is higher than in the Federal prisons. My guess is that both Joe and Teresa will be sent to a low or medium security prison where they'll share quarters with Wall Street executives, Corporate CEO's and white collar crime types. (no they won't meet up with any Manson-like guys with a homemade shiv made of dog bone).

Martha Stewart did five months in a Federal Prison for felony charges of conspiracy, obstruction of an agency proceeding, and making false statements to federal investigators. She was sentenced in July 2004 to serve a five-month term in a federal correctional facility and a two-year period of supervised release (to include five months of electronic monitoring). While in prison, Martha made the best of it. While in confinement, she took a job and became an informal liaison between the administration and her fellow inmates. Martha Stewart took her lemons of her sentence and made lemonade out of them. She emerged no worse for wear and her Federal crimes never made any negative impact in her 'stardomship'. I anticipate the same will happen with Teresa. I'm sure she'll petition to be sent to a prison that will be close to her New Jersey home and NOT out of State. She might even be allowed to give personal interviews for money while in prison. Heck, she might be on the cover of People or modeling her orange jumpsuit for Vogue, who knows?

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 5

By the time Tre gets out of prison, Joe, his mother, and the girls will be living in Patterson in a rented place.  With his mother's houses already in foreclosure, his brother declaring personal bankruptcy a few years ago and who knows what the financial status is of G and G Stucco, the Giudice empire is quickly crumbling.

• Love 2

Um, yea, WHAT??

Can we get someone on this STAT? Zoeysmom, you got any time to investigate this? I've never heard of Juicy slamming a woman's head into a mailbox before. I also read on another site that one of this priors involved impersonating an Officer.  It sounds like his list of prior issues with the law might be longer than a lot of people knew. Maybe they have a real reason to be scared of Deportation. I honestly never thought it would happen. 

Joe seems disposed to impersonations.  He is headed for trial for impersonating his brother, and we saw how drawn he was to the badge at the first responders party.

I am watching first season of RHONJ.  It is almost a shame on Bravo moment since the entire first segment about Teresa is about her "money" and irresponsible nature with it.  Oh and Dina is a surly bitch.

• Love 2

Trust me by then the IRS will have placed a lien on it, if their isn't one already in place.

This can probably be checked online by searching the Registry of Deeds in whatever county their house is.  These are public documents.  Trust me, you can find out a shitload of information at the registries; I've been following my ex's travails for years.  Before it went online, I spent hours in the stacks and I found a lot of documents that helped support my side of the divorce.  Now I have it bookmarked on my computer.  So what if I'm obsessed?

• Love 5

After Juicy called Teresa a C U Next Tuesday didnt he buy her a ridiculously expensive piece of jewelry to get back in her good graces?   Didnt they talk about it at the reunion or in a Talking Head??  If so, where is it and why would you not list it on your asset sheet?   

• Love 4

After Juicy called Teresa a C U Next Tuesday didnt he buy her a ridiculously expensive piece of jewelry to get back in her good graces?   Didnt they talk about it at the reunion or in a Talking Head??  If so, where is it and why would you not list it on your asset sheet?   

I mentioned that yesterday that I was watching a 2012 reunion in which Jacqueline spilled the beans about Teresa finding Joe banging a woman on his desk in his office. Joe laughed about it of course saying that it cost him a bundle because as he said "usually I buy her something nice and she takes it and it's over, but that one cost me plenty I had to keep going back to the jewelry store to exchange it until she was happy with it". Teresa laughed and pointed to her long diamond earrings and diamond bracelet. So, yes, I would think that every piece of expensive jewelry would have to be listed on their asset sheet.

• Love 1

Hey legal minds - I have a question. Will the Giudice family get an allowance of sorts? Is there a set cost of living provided or excused from liens, etc.? Obviously there standard of living is going to change pretty rapidly.

"Boards on Boards" loosely means that TWOP Howard grew up feeling powerless, and when given some control over Internet forums discussing television went a little crazy and power hungry!

I think the mistake there, and what's great here, is we can have multiple threads under one topic, so if you want to talk about the episode, you can do it there...if you want to talk about a 'character', you can go to their thread, and of course....this legal thread. lol. It was too constricting the other way. 

• Love 1

Danielle weighs in http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/10/02/danielle-staub-disses-teresa-giudice-after-prison-sentence-twitter/  I agree wither assertion about making Teresa's legal trouble the base of the show.  I guess the ratings the last two years have proven it out. 

I got a board on board warning one time for saying something about "people seem to be surprised at Lisa smoking."   So I never got the true meaning of board on boards.

I got the warning for saying "I didn't get the Lisa hate."

I used the word procure because I am not exactly sure in what manner they have these vehicles.  The article I read just said that the judge was unhappy that they didn't claim them on their financial filings.  

Not questioning your use of the word, I just thought the court used it and wondered if the court had specified how they got the cars.  

Weird moment... Just turned on the TV - RHONJ Season 1 is playing. It's a scene where Teresa shows up at Dina's house to talk about their upcoming trip to Atlantic City. Teresa said (paraphrasing), "I've only ever been away from my girls for one night." It was surreal watching that scene from years ago, and realizing Teresa must be reeling today because she is soon going to be away from her girls for months.

• Love 2

I'm with you. I don't agree at all with this sentence. Teresa and Joe Giudice did everything wrong from the day the trial began. They went in direct opposition to court orders by lying about income and not divulging certain assets. To me, that's clearly contempt of court and they should have been given harsher sentences or extended sentences just for this alone. I truly believe that their high profile status worked in their behalf. A judge would have slammed any common man with the maximum sentence allowed by law. The fact that the alcoholic and philanderer Joe Giudice will be sole parent that will be responsible for 4 minor children is worrisome to say the least. Perhaps Child Protective Services will step in to assure that these kids have a responsible adult caring for them. Joe Giudice has been doing dirty business most of his life, Teresa was the Italian princess that wanted the glamorous life and didn't care how she got that. They're both dirty people. Anyone in New Jersey that owns a concrete business, major road construction business, or garbage business has mob connections. Everyone knows this, it doesn't only happen in the Sopranos.

I feel similarly disappointed in the judge for making those statements to Joe directly that he is a good father and has a lot to live for. He is so the opposite of a good father it is ridiculous. We have seen him call Gia ugly to her face, insult their mother, be drunk, be violent. He drives drunk, commits fraud, thumbs his nose at the courts, etc. His own lawyer said he shows up with alcohol on his breath. With this prison sentence hanging over his head and a very dire future ahead he is probably subject to becoming very depressed and drinking even more. No way should he be in charge of the kids full time, they will need a mother figure at the same time. 

I do wonder if the judge was protecting herself because of Juicy's connections by saying all those obviously untrue things about him; as a NJ judge she would know about the connections, etc. and hedge her bets.

One was for allegedly slamming a woman’s head into a mailbox and kicking her on the ground.

Yeah, see what I mean about not being a good dad? Maybe this woman was one of his side women and she hasn't decided to charge him yet because they have plans to hang out while Teresa's in the slammer.

Question - What if Tre and Juicy (one or both) decide to blow this popsicle stand? Will the Courts have any type of devices to keep that from happening?

Well, let's see. Joe tried to get a driver's license using his brother's license as ID. I hope the feds took his brother's passports too, because if anyone would be dumb enough to try it's Juicy.

Ha--I wondered if they would show season 1 today.

Another day down the tubes...

I tivoed all the episodes too but feel a little Guidice overload today after yesterday's marathon twitter refreshing day. I'll keep them and maybe watch them soon though. I really enjoy the old time Teresa and Joe scenes. 

Also, if I learned anything yesterday it was that Headline News is such a sham; all they do is quote from people's twitters. I can't believe that was the station where Anderson Cooper used to hold court. Oh, and it's nice to not have to watch the constant EBOLA IS GOING TO KILL US ALL news reports of yesterday either.

Edited by Lisin
  • Love 2

I kind of see the whole S1 Marathon over on Bravo as a big fat "fuck you" to Teresa.  I could be wrong, but it is interesting timing to be running this right after her sentencing. Showing her back in the day when she was out spending like a crazy person, back before a lot of people realized that it was all completely smoke and mirrors.  I am loving it. 

• Love 8

I've been thinking about this mess (more than I should actually).  So Teresa is gone 15 months, with Joe taking care of the girls.  I've never seen him be real hands on with the girls.  Now, that's only what has been shown on tv, but still.  He's had some nice moments with them, but nothing indicating that he helped them with homework, or got/helped them get ready for school in the morning, took them to cheerleading/dance, whatever.  He actually cannot drive, correct?  

Maybe Joe's mother will move in to help, but I thought I read that she's not in great health.  Maybe other family members will move in, but if not, then I can see that Gia is going to have to step in to help the younger girls.  I really feel for Gia.  She is old enough to grasp what is going on here.

I also cannot fathom how they are going to dig their way out of that 13 million dollar debt.  From reading various articles, the homes they own have little if no equity.  Even if you sold every article of clothing, jewelry, or every stick of furniture, I don't think it'd add up to 13 million.  Where did all the money go?  If Teresa can't even cough up the 200k right now, they have no hope in reducing the 13 million.  Do the creditors start placing liens against the properties and the properties go into foreclosure?  I don't even know how they'd have anyone lease them an apartment at this point.  Their credit is shot, they are both convicted felons.  Someone said Teresa could go and be a cashier or get some sort of job.  I honestly don't know anyone who would hire either one.  Maybe Teresa writes a tell all later, but I can't see that bringing in 13 million.

• Love 1

I watched WWHL last night, hoping that Teresa would be the jackhole of the day, but alas, Andy did not say one word about the sentence. Par for the course I suppose. It is almost as if Bravo thinks that the viewer are just going to let this slide. I doubt the felonious Giudices will say anything significant on the WWHL special, I mean really, what could they possibly say at this point...we are so sorry...whatever, you people are convicted criminals. Bravo stop giving them a platform to spew their idiotic excuses. Get these assholes off my tv!

Watching season 1 today just solidifies my contempt for these two! Seeing them spend all of that illegally obtained money is infuriating! Goddamn criminals!

• Love 1

Yeah, re: Juicy as FT dad. I mean, he does have nice moments with the girls. On camera he doesn't seem to bug them as much as Teresa. With Milania, she turns into a different kid...  I would hope his sister would step in and I assume Joe Go and Melissa will pitch in, as well as Filomena, as much as she's capable. Tre's mom too I suppose.  As someone upthread mentioned, I can't see Joe carting the girls to their various activities and such. 

I've been thinking about this mess (more than I should actually).  So Teresa is gone 15 months, with Joe taking care of the girls.  I've never seen him be real hands on with the girls.  Now, that's only what has been shown on tv, but still.  He's had some nice moments with them, but nothing indicating that he helped them with homework, or got/helped them get ready for school in the morning, took them to cheerleading/dance, whatever.  He actually cannot drive, correct?  

Maybe Joe's mother will move in to help, but I thought I read that she's not in great health.  Maybe other family members will move in, but if not, then I can see that Gia is going to have to step in to help the younger girls.  I really feel for Gia.  She is old enough to grasp what is going on here.

I don't think anyone will move in with Juicy and the girls - at least not for very long.  I think Juicy and the girls will be the ones doing the moving.  I just cannot see how they can keep the house, and assume the bank will foreclose ASAP, as someone mentioned above. Up to this point, they have been making the $12K monthly payment, but surely that would be impossible now? 

• Love 1

I hope, if they sent the kids to school today, that it isn't too hard on them (the kids).  I worry about Milania - already an aggressive little girl and what she might turn into if she feels like she has to defend her family's name once the kids, and some adults, start being cruel.  And they will.  If they haven't already. 

I would bet the parents of most of the kids in their school(s) were glued to the proceedings yesterday and it was a big topic of conversation at dinner.  Imagine the side eye Tre got in the drop-off zone this a.m.  She deserves the side eye.  The kids don't.

I'd like to know that, too.  You'd think the IRS would have put a lien on everything the minute they plead guilty.  Locked that shit down.  But we kept seeing the Guidice's spend more. 

Yes, I am trying to figure this out as well.How are they driving around in new vehicles. I have perfect credit and make a decent living, but am driving a 10 year old car because the thought of a car payment just feels too risky in todays economy. Yet they are driving newer luxry cars. How does that work?

I guess when you actually pay your bills the thought of another payment is far more daunting. IT still really ticks me off.

• Love 8

I kind of see the whole S1 Marathon over on Bravo as a big fat "fuck you" to Teresa.  I could be wrong, but it is interesting timing to be running this right after her sentencing. Showing her back in the day when she was out spending like a crazy person, back before a lot of people realized that it was all completely smoke and mirrors.  I am loving it. 

You know what came to mind for me-Gia training as an actress.  I had forgotten she was trying out for movie roles.  I had remembered the modeling but not the acting.  After Teresa's attorney declaring the show was scripted and crafted I honestly believe that made Gia's scenes are a little tainted from her acting roles.

Clearly, Teresa knew what was going on in the building of the house-she was dealing directly with the sub-contractors.

Of next episode Teresa talking about Danielle's mug shot.  Be careful what you say.   

• Love 3

Exactly! Has any of them come out with their stories?

Board on Boards totally turned me off to that joint & I'm a forum junkie. Unless it's a clear violation, insult, threat to another member etc. let's not tell adults how to behave. Going OT, once in awhile, especially when it pertains to the subject (not "Hey my neighbors dog turned 8 today!") adds to the discussion IMO. It

ALWAYS goes back to the original topic. 

Don't her parents live with them? Other than one of them being gone & maybe a new abode, I don't see much changing in terms of child care. Maybe they can all move to the guest house out back....which is larger than most of the homes in the nation anyway.

There was/is NO apartment over the garage for the Gorga parents. That was a lie/storyline told by Teresa just to make Joey/Melissa look bad and as an excuse why they were spending big bucks once again after trying/failing to declare BK!

The way I see it, Andy was pushing Teresa to tell everybody how she handled this very delicate subject and she gave her backed into a corner answer. But frankly I feel there's an equal chance of that statement being false. We know Teresa easily lies yet I hated Andy badgering her about an horribly embarrassing side comment put on air.

• Love 1

I for one would pay good money to see a reality show based on Joe taking care of the 4 girls while Tre is "away".  And I don't think he will deported after his sentence is done- he needs to be here to earn money to pay the restitution. The government rather have the money than deport someone IMO.

• Love 2

I watched WWHL last night, hoping that Teresa would be the jackhole of the day, but alas, Andy did not say one word about the sentence. Par for the course I suppose. It is almost as if Bravo thinks that the viewer are just going to let this slide. I doubt the felonious Giudices will say anything significant on the WWHL special, I mean really, what could they possibly say at this point...we are so sorry...whatever, you people are convicted criminals. Bravo stop giving them a platform to spew their idiotic excuses. Get these assholes off my tv!

Watching season 1 today just solidifies my contempt for these two! Seeing them spend all of that illegally obtained money is infuriating! Goddamn criminals!

Everyone needs to stop watching. I think I made it through 2 or 3 episodes this season before bowing out. Last season I made it  about 1/2 way through the season. New Jersey as become, IMO, the most offensive of all primarily because of  these two. but then add The Gorga's, Amber and pee wee and the twins, Dumb and Dumber, and really there is nothing worth watching. My personal favorites are Dina's dog and cat, but their parts are just too small.

• Love 3

I know some people feel because Joe and Teresa didn't care about their kids before doing what they did why should we

What I said in my post, should this response refer to me, is that I give the kids the same consideration (by which I meant and mean zero) as their parents did...and I stand by that.  However, I never said that anyone else 'should' view it in the same manner as I do, nor would I. I hope this clarifies things.

My daughter told me today that she didn't think the sentence was nearly long enough for either Joe or Tre.  Her husband used to be in real estate and they have watched entirely too many foreclosures go down in his market for these two to get away with as much as they did.  There's no sympathy at all.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 4

I put the marathon on this morning and caught a scene of Teresa and little Gia laughing in the car about the GPS was confusing Teresa, and that was it, I had to shut it off because I just felt creepy watching that knowing that little girl in the car right now has her life in shambles, thanks to said mother (and father.) Bad things in life happen to a lot of people, in all different forms, but considering this was something that could have been prevented, would make me feel worse if I were in Gia's shoes. Sometimes things just happen and nothing can done by your family to fix it but you can take comfort in your family supporting you through it. Knowing your parents caused it and continued to make it worse, has got to be pretty hard to deal with on its own. 

I did take Intro to Law 101 in college but that's as far as my official education of the law goes, can someone tell how exactly a lawyer is paid in these kinds of cases? Up front  or installments throughout? This case has so many instances of dumb decisions during the trail part that I would think go beyond the Giudices. Shouldn't the lawyers have been able to make sure the new companies were listed, realized what a stupid risk it is (unless I'm wrong about it being a stupid risk) to argue Joe is an alcoholic right after the judge gives him credit for being a good father?  It's one thing to lose a case, especially when you have clearly guilty clients, someone has to represent the guilty after all, however, I would think the missteps along the way with the lawyers about be something they'd fight hard to avoid for their own reputations. I'm asking about payment, because I'm seriously wondering if at some point they realized they're gonna be ripped off too, or that they were in a losing battle and these clients got in the situation because of stupidity so perhaps they could skate by on them getting most of the blame? Or is it just a "takes idiots to hire idiots" situation. Had they won it would still be a crapshoot as to if the lawyers would be paid in full since this is the Giudice's we're talking about, if they haven't been paid in full yet but they lost and Joe and Tre definitely are the kinds of people who would think that losing the case means they outright do not deserve full payment regardless of actually having the money or not. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1

I realize it's not the popular opinion on this forum...but I just don't understand the joy over someone else's misery.

As for my "happy, happy, joy, joy"  comment...that was specifically referring to justice being served.. Two people who committed over a decade of deceit and fraud and theft by means of deceit and fraud, have admitted their guilt and been sentenced (albeit far too leniently IMNSHO) and for that and their inability to weasel their way out of paying for their crimes, well, HELL YES I do rejoice!

However...I have NEVER said or indicated that I take pleasure in anyone's genuine misery.

As a matter of fact, I have no idea at all whether Teresa and Juicy are experiencing ANY misery at all.  I am certain they are mightily pissed off and perhaps even in a state of disbelief/denial over their failure to scam/weasel their way out of paying for their crimes, but in misery? I have no idea.  And inasmuch as I have no knowledge of any state of misery on the part of these felons, I can hardly be rejoicing in a state of mind that may very well not exist. 

It is my opinion, however, based on the behaviors I have seen both on Bravo and other sources as well as articles/interviews, that BOTH of them have such a sense of arrogant entitlement that being miserable in their current circumstances is not what's happening.  I think they go immediately into spin/squirm/evade/survival (in their lavish lifestyle, of course) mode - in short, anything - to get them out of the current difficulty and on to 'putting it behind' them and going on to the next great scheme.  I'd love to know what any of their victims think of my take on the joodeechay's current frame of mind.

But, rejoicing in someone's misery? - nope - not what's happening in my heart or mind.

• Love 7

There was/is NO apartment over the garage for the Gorga parents. That was a lie/storyline told by Teresa just to make Joey/Melissa look bad and as an excuse why they were spending big bucks once again after trying/failing to declare BK!

There is a house out in the back of their property...was wondering if that's where they lived. 

Edited by BostonBlonde

Can we talk deportation? My understanding is if Joe is deported, he won't be able to return to the US. Teresa as a convicted felon will likely be denied entry to most countries, including Italy. So there may be truth to the lawyer's statement that they will be permanently separated.

• Love 2

Hey gang, I just deleted a bunch of posts bitching about TWoP and mods there. It isn't against the rules to mention TWoP but please refrain from complaining about it, and the mods there. No one is being warned this time but we don't want to have to keep saying this (this isn't the first time we've had to say this). Please keep the talk to snarking the show.

In other news, also please snark the show not your fellow posters. Posts making fun of other posters will be deleted and will get you a warning. Thanks. 

• Love 2

Okay Teresa's attorney may have crossed the line of credulity in this portion of his argument for leniency.  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/joe-giudice-tried-everything-to-exonerate-teresa-lawyers-argued-2014310#ixzz3F6lOzJRL

I would sure hope someone pays for a transcript and publishes it.

I get it is disruptive to these girls lives when their parents go to jail and quite honestly-way back in 2010 they probably could have cut a deal did six months and paid some money to the BK Trustee and moved on.  Granted the mansion would be gone and the beach house but this acting as if Joe is getting the death penalty  is ridiculous.  Why don't they move to Italy and have their own reality show "Vera casalinga esilaito in italia, con il coglione marito e bambini monelli /  (Real Housewife Exiled to Italy with Her Idiot Husband and Little Urchins)

• Love 6

There is a house out in the back of their property...was wondering if that's where they lived. 

If you listen to the episode right before they go to Napa, Joe Gorga and Teresa are leaving counseling-Joe comments on the purse and mentions it would be nice if Teresa chipped in to pay for the parents rent.  Supposedly what happened is Joe bought his parents a house.  He needed money sold it and is now renting it from the buyer for his parents.  Teresa was mad because her brother suggested and revealed her parents needed help-not that she was called out for not helping them..  I will say this for all Teresa claims to have gotten in her childhood-they did well as a bus driver and a cobbler.  I believe Teresa's mom got to retire from her school bus driving job after the show started filming.

• Love 2

After Juicy called Teresa a C U Next Tuesday didnt he buy her a ridiculously expensive piece of jewelry to get back in her good graces? Didnt they talk about it at the reunion or in a Talking Head?? If so, where is it and why would you not list it on your asset sheet?

Tre probably hid the jewelry in Gia's jewelry box for safe keeping.

Can we talk deportation? My understanding is if Joe is deported, he won't be able to return to the US. Teresa as a convicted felon will likely be denied entry to most countries, including Italy. So there may be truth to the lawyer's statement that they will be permanently separated.

You like this

Interesting.

I hadn't considered the whole thing in context. 

I really don't care where the entire familia Giudice ends up....as long as if they are on these shores, they are on a very tight financial/credit/business leash...I guess if they end up in the USA, anyone who is interested would have an easier time getting more, and more in depth, information about their current state of being, But other than that I see no benefit to keeping them on these shores.

I also wonder if they (either of them, but specifically Teresa since she is American born) have considered the ramifications on post-prison life for a convicted felon. There are, last I knew - and I will certainly google this as soon as I post this - quite a few restrictions on felons regarding the usual liberties Americans enjoy.  Since Juicy is not American born and never bothered to become a citizen (and I absolutely do  NOT believe any bullshit about him not knowing he was NOT a US citizen) I am sure he could give a rat's ass about those same restrictions.

As usual, it is the kids who will probably have the worst circumstances to deal with.  Sucks, but there it is.

ETA: voting (no longer across the board, but depending on which State you live in), ability to serve on a jury (now THAT would be a kick in the face) and ability to possess firearms are the most I came across....but it occurs to me that we have some very good legal minds on this board who could come up with the exact stuff in a heartbeat.....

Edited by becauseIsaidso

If Joe is deported, Teresa could eventually make a claim that she and her family suffer severe mental anguish and would need to prove this via psychologist's notes and that he would be the main bread-winner in hopes of having his re-entry approved. I know this because an acquaintance of mine's (then)future (now) husband was deported for being Syrian and supposedly lying to immigration (long story, off topic), and now they are on the long road back to having him possibly "ok'd" to return. A long process.

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 1

The way I see it, Andy was pushing Teresa to tell everybody how she handled this very delicate subject and she gave her backed into a corner answer. But frankly I feel there's an equal chance of that statement being false. We know Teresa easily lies yet I hated Andy badgering her about an horribly embarrassing side comment put on air.

If Teresa was just making up the story about Juicy buying her jewelry to make up for his public infidelity, she is even dumber than I think, which simply isn't plausible. They both came out looking so bad with this admission. Juicy said she sent him back to the jewelry store several times because it took quite a lot more jewelry than usual to satisfy her. Saying something about usually when Teresa is pissed it just takes one trip to make her happy, but on this occasion that wouldn't do. Considering everyone knew at that point that these two were bankrupt, I cannot imagine that they would say this if it weren't true. Then again, I just think it is easier to pay my bills then to go to prison, so clearly I don't think like these two people do. 

Interesting.

I hadn't considered the whole thing in context. 

I really don't care where the entire familia Giudice ends up....as long as if they are on these shores, they are on a very tight financial/credit/business leash...I guess if they end up in the USA, anyone who is interested would have an easier time getting more, and more in depth, information about their current state of being, But other than that I see no benefit to keeping them on these shores.

I also wonder if they (either of them, but specifically Teresa since she is American born) have considered the ramifications on post-prison life for a convicted felon. There are, last I knew - and I will certainly google this as soon as I post this - quite a few restrictions on felons regarding the usual liberties Americans enjoy.  Since Juicy is not American born and never bothered to become a citizen (and I absolutely do  NOT believe any bullshit about him not knowing he was NOT a US citizen) I am sure he could give a rat's ass about those same restrictions.

As usual, it is the kids who will probably have the worst circumstances to deal with.  Sucks, but there it is.

ETA: voting (no longer across the board, but depending on which State you live in), ability to serve on a jury (now THAT would be a kick in the face) and ability to possess firearms are the most I came across....but it occurs to me that we have some very good legal minds on this board who could come up with the exact stuff in a heartbeat.....

I would be stunned beyond belief if Teresa has ever actually registered to vote, so I don't think the voting thing will bug her much. 

• Love 1

That is the detached garage and close to it is the dog kennel for their guard dogs. They recently built a chicken coop close by and 1 of the chickens was killed by 1 of the dogs.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1

I've never watched RHONJ but have caught clips here and there as well as seeing the ladies on WWHL. But man, while dying of boredom at work yesterday, I stumbled upon this thread and love it! I couldn't wait to return to work this morning to finish catching up.

I didn't see it posted but I thought this article, "The Rise and Fall of Teresa Giudice" on Buzzfeed was beyond excellent.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/teresa-giudice-15-months-in-prison-next-on-rhonj#2dg80ks

That has to be one of the most comprehensive and to-the-point articles written not only about Teresa and Joe, but also how the Housewife franchise became something different entirely because of the economic crisis of 2008.

I love that this article took great pains to point out that BOTH the Joe and Teresa were guilty and that their acts of fraud and deceit were deliberate.  Their arrogance is simply breathtaking, particularly in light of their ongoing failure and refusal to abide by the law and to provide the court with documents that were complete, non-evasive and TRUTHFUL.  Don't even get me started on the way they repeatedly violated and flouted court orders--something that would land most people in jail for contempt.

• Love 3

Agree Motorcitymom on the voting thing. Other fallout from a felony?

The biggest one I know is the ability to get a job, which is why a lot of felons are self employed. For Teresa she may not be able to volunteer at her kids' schools as many now require background checks. The biggest issue I know is denial entry to many countries, like Canada, Great Britain and of course Italy.

• Love 1

I'll read that article on my way home tonight.

I think the biggest mistake these two made was coming on the show.  Had they not come on TV and bragged about how much they had, how rich they were, no one would have given a rat's ass; they would have been found out, but the story would have been a tiny blurb in a NJ newspaper and most of America wouldn't have given a shit.  But these idiots came on TV with their tacky home and crass selves, during a time when so many people have lost so much, they were like, "our lives are great and yours aren't."

And that's why they fell SO damn hard, it could have been harder; I would have sentenced them to ten years, each, but I'm not a judge.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

I have pointed out that "convicted felon" is rough even without jail time and that a Teresa "on probation" had not "skated" or "gotten away with it."

Those words will be attached to her for a long time. Most of the public have heard of her through this case. She is not Martha Stewart.

"It was the discrepancies between what the prosecutors listed as the couple’s assets and what Teresa and Joe presented to the court that led to the Judge’s decision for Teresa to serve time instead of probation. “If [Teresa] had put something down, anything, I think [probation] would have been fine,” Judge Salas stated. “She put nothing down, nothing.”

Wow.

I wouldn't agree with that approach, but Teresa and Joe are beyond beyond beyond stupid and their attorneys were in the wrong too IMO.  Yes, attorneys know only what their clients tell them, but in this case, all they need to do is watch the show to realize that it is ridiculous for Teresa to claim she has $0 in jewelry/clothes/etc., for example.

• Love 5

Juicy said she sent him back to the jewelry store several times because it took quite a lot more jewelry than usual to satisfy her.

You know, if Mr. Oonemoretime called me such an offensive name in private, never mind that he said it on camera- and then tried to weasel his way out of trouble with jewelry--he'd have to go to a proctologist to remove the baubles that I shoved up his ass.

• Love 21
 New cookbook title:  Fedilicious

Hee. Subtitle: Felonious & Fit

"I don’t care about the TV show or materialistic things."

So she repeatedly lied, cheated and stole, and made her hurting child sing a song about her shitty homelife on camera, just for shits and giggles?

Tre probably hid the jewelry in Gia's jewelry box for safe keeping.

Or in Audriana's bosom.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4