Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Politano was just mouthing off.  Pleas can be withdrawn if the Defendant truly didn't understand what they were doing but it is very rare.  Those motions to withdraw pleas are almost always done the defense and almost always denied by the judge unless the transcript of the plea proceedings shows that the judge did not adequately question them about their plea or the defendant expressed some sort of confusion at the time.  

There is no way the judge would call the case back on her own.  The prosecution could file a motion to set aside the plea and sentencing and set the case for trial again but they would never in a million years do that because, the fact of the matter is, the prosecution (and the judge for that matter) does not want to go to trial on 41 counts.  (Hence, the plea agreement on both sides.)   They presently have convictions and prison time for both defendants.  They would clearly quit while they are ahead and be happy with the result.

Do we finally have a real lawyer on this board?!!

(Thanks for the info. I guessed as much. Stupid Twitter).

• Love 1

Teresa has had one since she pled guilty-Wendy Feldman. You can see her walking into the court-long blonde hair. She served time for ripping people, including her family for over 4 million.

Thanks for identifying the blonde. Since she's been in most of the pictures, I thought she was a security person. It's so nice she has personal experience to give out.
  • Love 1

I don't see how this is true since Double Jeopardy would attach. You cannot retry someone for the same offense and once a verdict is rendered either by judge or jury and a sentence is pronounced it's a done deal. A judge cannot go back and give a new sentence even if a murderer found innocent says after the verdict, "Ha ha suckers! I did it!" Since I wasn't certain I looked it up and found that "In a trial before a judge, jeopordy attaches after the first witness takes the oath and begins to testify."

Double jeopardy means you can't be tried again for the same crime after you have been found not guilty. It has nothing to do with this situation. This case never went to trial because they plead guilty.

But as others have said it is pretty unlikely that the judge would call her back into court to cancel the plea deal. Although technically she could.

Edited by Katjoy26
  • Love 1

If you're suicidal your drinking game could be whenever Tre disavows total responsibility for her actions.

Or whenever Tre blinked. Was she blinking so much so she wouldn't cry or was it because the false eyelashes were too heavy?

Joe is not going to be taking care of the daughters alone. His mother will likely be there. And I remember one reunion where Melissa stated that Tre's parents are always at her house so I'm sure they will be helping too.

• Love 1

I thought it was incredibly sad and telling when Joe said staying at home with the girls will be hard work, rather than saying he's relieved he'll be there for them.

I touched on this earlier. Not a word from Joe about stepping up. Nothing about any kind of emotional support, or spending quality time with them. Almost similar to Joe Gorga's "babysitting" sentiment. Except this Joe is probably in his own room in a drunken stupor all day. Teresa totally threw him under the bus as a father, and he just stayed down there.

• Love 2

I cannot believe that these two assholes sent their kids to school without explaining what has happened to them. Why would you want for your kids to hear on the playground that their parents are going to jail? How terrifying would that be? Why wouldn't you want to prepare them as best as possible for the things that they will hear. Except Teresa doesn't think they will hear anything. Just like she didn't think she would go to jail.

This sums up how dumb these two are.  

After watching them last night, I don't think Teresa understood her plea agreement to the extent that I think she equated "Plea = Everything will be okay." She knew she was pleading guilty, but I think she really thought she wasn't going to get time.  She lives in denial and when they were explaining the exact details, her brain was probably going, "lalalalalalalala."  Taking the plea was way before the sentencing.  So she had plenty of time in between the two to forget what was really said to her by the lawyers to explain the details of the plea agreement before she took the plea.

Last night convinced me that Teresa did just sign everything that was placed in front of her, including every piece of paper that they filed with the bankruptcy.  I think she is lazy and stupid and just took for granted that the bankruptcy filings and the pre sentence report were accurate.

I think her blinking is a sign of auditory processing issues, not necessarily lying.  She is dumb as a bag of rocks.  How can they not believe that their kids don't know what is going on?  Why wouldn't their kids be wondering, "Why are there a ton of family and friends in their home crying and waiting for them to get home from court?"  As noted above, they will be visiting her in prison, so why would they thing she is at "camp" as they are going through medical detectors and have guards watching over them each week? Do they not think those girls will be looking on those iPhones that they got for xmas? Do they forget that the internet exists?  Or that there are commercials for the news on tv?  Or that the grocery store has tabloids in the checkout line?  It's like Teresa and Joe live in a cave in the old country as far as news dissemination.

And please, I do believe "someone" gave/showed Joe G the papers to have Teresa sign and bring down to the bank.  Now he knew it wasn't kosher, but Juicy doesn't have enough brain cells to figure out what a w-2 is much less figure out how to forge one. Who at the bank was giving loans to Teresa without her being present to sign for them? Why are those banks even entitled to recover the money they gave to her without her even being there when there are other creditors of theirs who weren't so careless.

Their stupidity doesn't excuse their fraud/criminality. 

• Love 5

I touched on this earlier. Not a word from Joe about stepping up. Nothing about any kind of emotional support, or spending quality time with them. Almost similar to Joe Gorga's "babysitting" sentiment. Except this Joe is probably in his own room in a drunken stupor all day. Teresa totally threw him under the bus as a father, and he just stayed down there.

Teresa threw him under the bus period.  I was laughing my ass off when she started with the whole deal about not just signing anything that was put in front of her. About how she is so "trustworthy" (vs. being "trusting").  Since I will assume it was Juicy who was putting stuff in front of her to sign, I will assume he is the guy she shouldn't be trusting.  Too bad he is the same guy who will be raising her daughters while she goes away to college.  

Honestly, I think we are going to have to start submitting our best guesses on how long this marriage will last.  I will go first and say I think she will start divorce proceedings within 3 months of graduating. 

• Love 4

Clearly if they thought this interview was going to help them in any way they were, once again, sadly mistaken. The public sentiment seems even worse than before. Just watching the two lying, self absorbled, delusional, liars has only made it worse. 

• Love 8

SInce they're white collar criminals and will be housed as such is this even an issue? I thought they'd be in a minimum security where they won't be housed with violent felons and have to worry about stabbings, beatings, rapes, just living amongst other financial scammers and non tax payers.

There is a picture of a very nice looking building on the Camp Cupcake (the Womens prison camp in WV)website. It reminded me of Williamsburg or something on a college campus. I figured it was the entrance building but it is actually a dorm. I'm sure there's no onxyx in the bathroom but if you have to "go away", it doesn't look or sound bad (by what's described in their handbook.) I still wish she was heading to the San Quentin Big House.

I checked the handbook for Camp Fed (Darien CT) for the phone,email, & visiting rules & they are same as I posted for Camp Cupcake. It did explain that inmates aren't allowed access to Internet (God I hope not) & computers are used for emails & Camp business (checking commissary account, schedules, etc)

• Love 1

Well who knew that Andy had it in him? He really did ask some hard questions last night and didn't let the blank stares and blinking deter him. I do understand Theresa's concern about Joe keeping up with the girls. My husband is a wonderful father but he really has no idea about the day to day goings on with our 13 year old. She has cheerleading, gymnastics, volleyball, beta club, tutoring just to name a few activities . Poor Gia she doesn't deserve to be a mini mom at this young age. The real punishment for these two isn't prison it's the trail of devastation that they are leaving for their children that will last a lifetime. As for Theresa discussing that Gia is going to be seeing the guidance counselor one a week, way to protect Gia's privacy you idiot! Haven't you done enough to ruin this girl's life already? the younger kids may not know the specifics but they are well aware something awful is happening. And the plan to lie to them is just all sort of ridiculous.

Well, Joe has about three months to get up to speed.   I mean, they are his damn kids.  He can't take care of them for a  year?  Why would you have four children with a man that you don't trust to take care of them alone?   

Edited by shoegal

Why did these dumbasses even agree to the WWHL interview?

Or did I just answer my own question.

Teresa and Joe Giudice scored a HUGE payday before shipping off to prison ... a deal so sweet the restitution they owe to the government has almost been whittled down to nothing.

The two "Real Housewives of New Jersey" stars snagged $325,000 for a two-on-one interview with Bravo head honcho Andy Cohen ... sources close to the deal tell us.

We're told the network offered $275K for Teresa alone, but kicked in another $50K to have her less interesting husband onboard.

The Giudices owe around $400K in restitution -- which means all of the money they made will go directly towards paying off their debt ... but days after the sentencing they can now see the light at the end of the financial tunnel.

Let's hope they remember to pay taxes on the $325K.

UPDATE:  Bravo disputes the amount.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/06/joe-teresa-giudice-bravo-paid-money-interview-andy-cohen-bravo-restitution/#ixzz3FTF0ahXA

• Love 1

I think she'll start the divorce proceedings sooner than her graduation from college.  Assuming there are any assets left, I can see her trying to freeze their accounts so Joe doesn't blow through them while she's incarcerated.  I mean, studying for exams.

Also, the sooner she gets the ball rolling to protect her future earnings from Joe's grubby fingers, the better. 

• Love 1

Honestly, I think we are going to have to start submitting our best guesses on how long this marriage will last.  I will go first and say I think she will start divorce proceedings within 3 months of graduating.

I agree - this marriage is over. LabLover wrote earlier how the interview showed that they don't even talk to each other ("Milania said this to me...," "Gia's counselor called from school..."). They were sharing husband and wife type of talk during a live interview. I don't see any scenario where Teresa would up and move the family to Italy if Joe is deported. But I don't even see her waiting the 3 1/2 years while he's in prison, either.

I think your divorce prediction is a good one, so I'll just add a few months. 4-5 months after college graduation.

• Love 1

Teresa seems to lack any sense of curiosity or inquisitiveness...it's hard to wrap my head around this as I think most people would be proactive about having a Plan A, B, C... and base the plans on all potential outcomes.

Also, I think Joe is the one who set up Tre's original website/company...and handled all the bk paperwork.  Does she even know what an "asset" is?  I think she said in the interview that she attended one closing.  If true, how did they get all those loans?  Everything is so shady.

• Love 1

Granted, my knowledge of federal prison is limited to watching the first two seasons of Orange is The New Black, so in order to satisfy my curiosity about visitation I hopped over to the Visiting regulations at Alderson Federal Prison. If Teresa had trouble filling out, and understanding the plea bargain documents, and the pre-sentencing documents, chances are she's gonna have trouble filling out the forms for visitation. Maybe her bunk mate will help her in exchange for beauty tips. And one of the requirements for children visitation is they must be with a responsible adult. Guess that lets Joe off the hook.

• Love 6

SInce they're white collar criminals and will be housed as such is this even an issue? I thought they'd be in a minimum security where they won't be housed with violent felons and have to worry about stabbings, beatings, rapes, just living amongst other financial scammers and non tax payers.

Actually, federal prisons house inmates with all types of convictions.  When I worked for the BOP, I had on my caseload inmates who had robbed banks, were child molesters and rapists, who had been drug dealers, and also an inmate who was the head of an Italian family who you have all heard of.  

That being said, Teresa will not likely have problems from fellow inmates.  She will be like a celebrity inside and the inmates, especially the younger ones, will treat her like the homecoming queen and line up to do her bidding.  The true punishment will be being separated from her family, seeing the pain she is causing her children, missing important events.  If someone dies while she is in it is not likely she will be granted a furlough to go to the funeral.  There has been a lot of talk about feeling sorry for the girls.  That is the true tragedy here.  And prisons are full of people who left behind family members in pain.

When she does her intake at whichever prison she is designated, her release date will be calculated with the maximum amount of good conduct time allowed by law.  If she is sanctioned for any offense by the Discipline Hearing Officer she will lose days from her good conduct time, and her sentence will be recalculated.

• Love 5

The public sentiment seems even worse than before. Just watching the two lying, self absorbled, delusional, liars has only made it worse. 

I don't believe for a minute that either of them thought this would boost their public image, I do believe that they legally committed themselves to Bravo by doing this exclusive interview with Andy Cohen for the money Bravo paid them. I'm sure Teresa read every word of that contract very carefully. Bravo needed the ratings boost because the ratings for RHONJ had been at an all-time low. They got the ratings boost they wanted, no doubt about that. It's rumored that Bravo paid them $325,000 which would nearly eliminate the $400,000 restitution they have to make. Truthfully, I feel that Bravo scored that interview for peanuts and I think they could have signed a deal for a lot more money than what Bravo coughed up. They have made a lot of dumb moves, but they’re hoping that there will be a job for Teresa down the line. They are also begging that Joe be part of the next season while Teresa is in jail. They need the money. They arrived at 2 p.m. and finished at 4:30 so everyone could “run to temple” for Yom Kippur. But we’re told Cohen went to celebrate landing the interview instead.

But it all backfired on Bravo and on Andy Cohen in many ways. There's been a backlash of people accusing Bravo of exploitation of the Giudices for profit.  In the teaser for the second part of the interview that airs this coming Thursday, Andy Cohen cleverly deflects sworn testimony made by Teresa during the court procedures in which she stated that Real Housewives is scripted. "In court papers you claim that the Real Housewives of New Jersey is scripted. Were you told to flip the table?"  (save Bravos ass and your own at any cost Andy)

Here we go, Andy Cohen and Bravo is going to insist to their last breath that the Real Housewives franchises are not scripted only because there are some moments that aren't.

• Love 4

Can you visit someone in federal prison once a week? And for how long? And how many people at once? I think there are tons of restrictions. And everyone has to be strip-searched (children, too?).

I'm assuming Teresa will go to Danbury's FPC. So, with that in mind, here's the visitor info for there: http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/dan/DAN_visit_hours.pdf

If you scroll down a bit on this page there's general visiting info: http://www.bop.gov/inmates/visiting.jsp

Edited by ginger90

I don't believe for a minute that either of them thought this would boost their public image, I do believe that they legally committed themselves to Bravo by doing this exclusive interview with Andy Cohen for the money Bravo paid them. I'm sure Teresa read every word of that contract very carefully. Bravo needed the ratings boost because the ratings for RHONJ had been at an all-time low. They got the ratings boost they wanted, no doubt about that. It's rumored that Bravo paid them $325,000 which would nearly eliminate the $400,000 restitution they have to make. Truthfully, I feel that Bravo scored that interview for peanuts and I think they could have signed a deal for a lot more money than what Bravo coughed up. They have made a lot of dumb moves, but they’re hoping that there will be a job for Teresa down the line. They are also begging that Joe be part of the next season while Teresa is in jail. They need the money. They arrived at 2 p.m. and finished at 4:30 so everyone could “run to temple” for Yom Kippur. But we’re told Cohen went to celebrate landing the interview instead.

But it all backfired on Bravo and on Andy Cohen in many ways. There's been a backlash of people accusing Bravo of exploitation of the Giudices for profit.  In the teaser for the second part of the interview that airs this coming Thursday, Andy Cohen cleverly deflects sworn testimony made by Teresa during the court procedures in which she stated that Real Housewives is scripted. "In court papers you claim that the Real Housewives of New Jersey is scripted. Were you told to flip the table?"  (save Bravos ass and your own at any cost Andy)

Here we go, Andy Cohen and Bravo is going to insist to their last breath that the Real Housewives franchises are not scripted only because there are some moments that aren't.

Andy Cohen and Bravo are no doubt irritated with Teresa and her jackass husband. Of course they have been good for the network and made them money, but I am good for my company and make them money too. That doesn't mean that everything that I might do would sit well with them. I have always assumed that there were legal folks at Bravo who kept an eye on the G's legal battle. More than likely each season when it was time to get ready for filming they would ask them how things were going, if there were any issues they should be aware of, etc. I would imagine that any company would do the same. Bravo is relying on Teresa to the extent that she is one of only 5 or 6 gals on a show that has been in the past highly rated. She is bank to them and they would want some assurance as to what might happen to them in the future that would impact their show.  To some extent what happens to Teresa significantly impacts this show. 

I would also assume that Teresa answered any query with rapid fire blinking and denials similar to those she fed to Jac. What legal case? Jail? What? How? What in the world are you talking about? This is interesting to me because after they were charged and they came on Bravo to do their WWHL interview with Andy, Juicy admitted that they had known they were being investigated for about 2 years. I would imagine they had never before shared this little nugget with Bravo.

At the end, I get why Bravo would be pissed about Teresa or anyone else running around talking about the show being scripted or having their home furnished on Bravo's dime. They sign up for a Reality Show. They understand what is going on, and they understand what Bravo is trying to portray. They merrily go along with it all until they find themselves in trouble, and then they want to tell everyone how the sausage is made to take the heat off of them. They work for Bravo. All the money and things they bought legitimately are because of Bravo. Whether they like it or not, they owe Bravo big time. 

• Love 6

I'm assuming Teresa will go to Danbury's FPC. So, with that in mind, here's the visitor info for there: http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/dan/DAN_visit_hours.pdf

If you scroll down a bit on this page there's general visiting info: http://www.bop.gov/inmates/visiting.jsp

I posted earlier that the Danbury FPC is converting to all-men.  She most likely will be going to Camp Cupcake in WV.

It was announced in the summer of 2013 that FCI Danbury would transition from housing women to housing men with the female inmates transferring out between August and December 2013 and the male inmates arriving in early 2014. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Correctional_Institution,_Danbury

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 1

Radar Online reports that her prison sentence might be served in Alderson Federal Prison Camp in W. Virginia, aka "Camp Cupcake".

The story is here.  http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/10/teresa-joe-giudice-rhonj-real-housewives-new-jersey-3/

Photos of the prison

http://radaronline.com/photos/teresa-giudice-joe-giudice-rhonj-real-housewives-new-jersey-prison/photo/799021/

Sorry for this Jersey Girl, our messages crossed paths.

Edited by HumblePi

While there is no barbed wire on the fence surrounding the camp, the prisoners have schedules and each one must work. Inmates get holidays off except those who work in the powerhouse and kitchen.  From its beginning, Alderson's staff members have maintained a focus on vocational training and personal growth experiences, with craft-shop activities an integral part of vocational training.  Free time is spent walking around the sidewalk that is set between the two dorms as this is within bounds for the inmates. Since 2004 inmates are no longer free to roam the entire campus and are restricted in areas of the prison. They also play recreational activities such as volleyball.

Most of the inmates at FPC Alderson have been convicted of non-violent or white-collar crime. Many are in the drug program and have come from other prisons to attend the program at Alderson. They sleep in bunk beds in two large dormitories. The dormitories hold 500 plus inmates a piece. Each inmate sleeps in a 5 by 9 feet (1.5 m × 2.7 m) cinderblock cube inside of this open dormitory.

As of 2004, most prisoners at Alderson were convicted of recreational drug-related offenses. Throughout history the inmates included "relatives of famous mobsters and grandmotherly women who embezzled money from banks. You've had a real mixture." Hefferman added that in Alderson, which was a "not undesirable" place to be confined, the isolation from urban life could be stressful for inmates. She said that the inmates, "Coming from the streets of New York and D.C.," were awakened at night by crickets and frogs.  Prisoners are not permitted to patronize Alderson, West Virginia area businesses.

The facility allows weekend visits, but special hours are available for holidays.  In prior years the families of inmates were allowed past visiting rooms only on Thanksgiving Day when they could also share in a holiday feast for $1.75.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Prison_Camp,_Alderson

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 1

The way I see it, Tre can still lead a decent life after all this. 

To lead a decent life she has to first and foremost:  divorce Joe.  Sever all ties.  (as much as possible.)

Once she gets out of prison, she can then begin to piece her life back together with "her daughters".... She will still have some notoriety in the Bravo world and will be asked to interviews/gigs, etc.   She can then promote her "new found awareness" and "new image" and milk the hell out of that.    I can see it !

Of course, this would take a certain amount of self awareness and culpability on her part.     Maybe that's just asking too much from this idiot.   

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 2

While there is no barbed wire on the fence surrounding the camp, the prisoners have schedules and each one must work. Inmates get holidays off except those who work in the powerhouse and kitchen.  From its beginning, Alderson's staff members have maintained a focus on vocational training and personal growth experiences, with craft-shop activities an integral part of vocational training.  Free time is spent walking around the sidewalk that is set between the two dorms as this is within bounds for the inmates. Since 2004 inmates are no longer free to roam the entire campus and are restricted in areas of the prison. They also play recreational activities such as volleyball.

I have some unemployed friends who are really struggling.  I guess I should tell them about this place … you forgot to add that they get free health care too!

As for GIA, she has an agency:  Xist Talent, so I'm sure she's thinking of how she can turn this into a media opportunity. And there are plenty of female relatives who will be running the house so Joe can be doing whatever he does all day.  I suspect he may be busting some heads … Albert Manzo's father doesn't end up in the trunk of his car because he was examining the back fender and fell in … 

• Love 3

Andy Cohen and Bravo are no doubt irritated with Teresa and her jackass husband. Of course they have been good for the network and made them money, but I am good for my company and make them money too. That doesn't mean that everything that I might do would sit well with them. I have always assumed that there were legal folks at Bravo who kept an eye on the G's legal battle. More than likely each season when it was time to get ready for filming they would ask them how things were going, if there were any issues they should be aware of, etc. I would imagine that any company would do the same. Bravo is relying on Teresa to the extent that she is one of only 5 or 6 gals on a show that has been in the past highly rated. She is bank to them and they would want some assurance as to what might happen to them in the future that would impact their show.  To some extent what happens to Teresa significantly impacts this show. 

I would also assume that Teresa answered any query with rapid fire blinking and denials similar to those she fed to Jac. What legal case? Jail? What? How? What in the world are you talking about? This is interesting to me because after they were charged and they came on Bravo to do their WWHL interview with Andy, Juicy admitted that they had known they were being investigated for about 2 years. I would imagine they had never before shared this little nugget with Bravo.

At the end, I get why Bravo would be pissed about Teresa or anyone else running around talking about the show being scripted or having their home furnished on Bravo's dime. They sign up for a Reality Show. They understand what is going on, and they understand what Bravo is trying to portray. They merrily go along with it all until they find themselves in trouble, and then they want to tell everyone how the sausage is made to take the heat off of them. They work for Bravo. All the money and things they bought legitimately are because of Bravo. Whether they like it or not, they owe Bravo big time. 

If I figured out back in September of 2010, when the trustee filed an objection to discharge that Teresa and Joe had some serious legal trouble I would think from June 2010 forward when their BK was revealed that Bravo had their legal team all over it.  Teresa was famous for saying -ask my attorney.  By 2011, Bravo was again tied to the Bravo legal department with their 2011 Punta Canta lawsuit.  Since almost the inception of the show Joe has had one legal squirmish after another.  The wreck, the DUI arrest, the sentencing, the appeal, the violation of probation, jail time (or when he went fishing), the  identity fraud count, the stories about nearly asphyxiating tenants.  I think what prompted Bravo to capitalize on their legal woes is when Teresa started selling stories to the media about being alone while Joe went to prison.   If she were going to make money of their legal woes Bravo would too.

Teresa only became bank when she started breaking laws-the table flip in and of itself is illegal.  She assaulted those around her and even went after one of the Manzo boys when he was trying to detain her from ripping Danielle's head off.  If you re-watch that scene, the argument is between Caroline, Dina, Jacqueline, Chris and Danielle.  All of sudden Teresa inserts herself-it was go big or go home at that point.  She knew she had to set herself apart from being the dingy girlfriend of Dina and the Manzo-Lauritas.

After watching last night's interview I am curious who would really ever want to trust Teresa again that has ever filmed with her?  She garnered sympathy from some devoted fans over being picked on but to me the reality has always been Teresa treats most people pretty shitty.  Danielle, Caroline, Jacqueline, Kim G, Melissa, Kathy, Rosie, her dead uncle, her aunt, the Manzo boys and Lauren.  Deep down I am thinking there are several people that are happy she won't be a part of the show for awhile.

• Love 5

Alderson is where Martha served right? I know she requested Danbury but was denied that. As far as prisons go, it doesn't seem horrible. It's still prison, it's still being away from her girls, but I am actually finding myself interested in the person Teresa will be when she leaves prison. It does change people, sometimes.

• Love 2

I don't think Teresa and Joe agreed to this interview on its own, I think it was in their contract regardless I do believe they both really thought they'd skate and this would more or less be a slight apology and "moving on interview" or Joe's farewell for now. For what it's worth, and its very little, I do not believe they got the verdict and called up Andy to make the deal. Wasn't Teresa suppose to appear on regular WWHL back when the season started but Andy had someone else on last minute? I wonder if that was because the contract was for WWHL when Andy asks and he realized that they could try to get out of a future one when the verdict came in.

I don't find it an accident Andy set the Manzo show to premiere the weekend following the court date, with Caroline on WWHL "for the premier of the show." Unfortunately for Andy Caroline to her credit really did not want to seem to go there and I thought gave an appropriate response. Of course she also went on to say her children work hard, so clearly the CDC needs to investigate what hallucinogenics are floating around the water supply of Franklin Lakes.

Any word on if Joe Gorga was at the reunion? I wouldn't be shocked if he's asked to do a special interview. I wonder if that would be the first time they're seeing each other. I took notice that Andy did not ask if Joe was one of the family members at the house. This is going to be one hell of a depressing reunion if it's gonna go as I see it. But Andy does seem to have a weird crush on Joe Gorga so maybe he'll be granted some kind of space for the time being.

• Love 4

I think that Teresa in a courtroom sitting in the hot seat being questioned about her flagrant and excessive spending on jewelry, clothes and extravagant parties that she was between a rock and a hard place here. Sort of damned if she did, damned if she didn't kind of thing.  If she allowed the court to believe that she is nothing more than a shallow, materialistic bitch as she was shown on the show,  then it wouldn't bear well on her image in their eyes. That negative image of her might sway the judge's decision one way or another. Teresa had to be self-defensive by claiming that RHONJ is all scripted and she was only being paid for 'acting' a role that Bravo had specifically designed and provided to her. So she went the "not my fault" route and deflected her blame back to Bravo.

Teresa seems to lack any sense of curiosity or inquisitiveness...it's hard to wrap my head around this as I think most people would be proactive about having a Plan A, B, C... and base the plans on all potential outcomes.

Also, I think Joe is the one who set up Tre's original website/company...and handled all the bk paperwork.  Does she even know what an "asset" is?  I think she said in the interview that she attended one closing.  If true, how did they get all those loans?  Everything is so shady.

Joe claims that Teresa was at 1 signing, mortgage/loan, and that was for the house they lived in. In the next breath he said that Teresa was the one with "good credit" when they married so he used her. Teresa would have had to be at whoever's office to sign any papers where she was the principal borrower, she would have seen fake W2's and tax returns with HER name on it claiming she made x amount of dollars at a job she never had or that she owned a business she never had! She went along with because she wanted the money that scam/lie got them. She knew enough to know what THEY did was illegal, she is as guilty as Joe.

At least she is consistent as always, lie (blink), deny (blink), cry (blink) and blame everyone else (blink, blink, blink). That has been her same MO on the HW show.

JMO

• Love 3

I have a hard time believing after all of Teresa's comments about not understanding the written or spoken word she could follow a script.

I get what you're saying. ;-)

All joking aside, I've heard people on reality shows like Big Brother, Real World, Super Nanny, etc., say that they've got producers on the side of the "set" "blocking out scenes" -- or in other words, talking to them on the side coaching them in how they want the scene to go down. The only thing that isn't scripted is that the producers aren't telling them verbatim what to say, which is how they get around calling it unscripted. More or less the housewives's dialogue is organic with a producer directing them on the sidelines.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 1

Granted, my knowledge of federal prison is limited to watching the first two seasons of Orange is The New Black, so in order to satisfy my curiosity about visitation I hopped over to the Visiting regulations at Alderson Federal Prison. If Teresa had trouble filling out, and understanding the plea bargain documents, and the pre-sentencing documents, chances are she's gonna have trouble filling out the forms for visitation. Maybe her bunk mate will help her in exchange for beauty tips. And one of the requirements for children visitation is they must be with a responsible adult. Guess that lets Joe off the hook.

Juicy has a suspended license. He'd either have to cab it to the airport and fly to WV with the girls, take a charter bus/railroad or be at the mercy of a family member to drive him. I don't foresee very many family visitations in Teresa's future if she really is headed to Camp Cupcake. She's in for a very rude awakening.

I get what you're saying. ;-)

All joking aside, I've heard people on reality shows like Big Brother, Real World, Super Nanny, etc., say that they've got producers on the side of the "set" "blocking out scenes" -- or in other words, talking to them on the side coaching them in how they want the scene to go down. The only thing that isn't scripted is that the producers aren't telling them verbatim what to say, which is how they get around calling it unscripted. More or less the housewives's dialogue is organic with a producer directing them on the sidelines.

Actually if you watch Teresa's confessionals it is pretty obvious she is often reading from cue cards.  Most recently she said she was "keeping her family on a float."  She then goes back and re-reads it to, "keeping them afloat."  So I do think there are some suggestions of dialogue in her case.  Jacqueline and Dina and Lisa Vanderpump tend to come up with lines, that sound to me, as if they are rehearsed and they are waiting for an opportunity to work them in.  Tamra Barney had several this year and most sounded scripted and most fell flat. 

Andy's question about things being scripted he of course goes to the table flip.  I don't believe that was scripted I do believe the Victoria Gotti exchange had a heavy production hand all over it.  There are times I think Teresa has more help than other RHONJ.

• Love 1

Regarding the alleged $325,000 paid to Teresa and Joe to appear on WWHL, wouldn't that be subjected to federal and NJ state income taxes, which must be close to 50%, given Teresa's income bracket based on her salary from the show alone?  If that's the case, and I can't imagine why they wouldn't have to pay taxes on it (although, obviously, a new thing for them), plus FICA, etc., they'd walk away with less than half of that amount, I'm calculating in the $140,000s.  Enough to make a dent in the $400,000 restitution due, but they'd still owe more than they earned from their WWHL gig.

Juicy has a suspended license. He'd either have to cab it to the airport and fly to WV with the girls, take a charter bus/railroad or be at the mercy of a family member to drive him. I don't foresee very many family visitations in Teresa's future if she really is headed to Camp Cupcake. She's in for a very rude awakening.

Joe got his DL back after it was suspended for however long the state mandated, he completed what he need to get it back a while ago. They did not keep it suspended because of the DL Fraud charge though.

• Love 1

I may be in the minority, but I actually could see Teresa not understanding what was going on, including the original crimes. She strikes me as very old school, as in "the wife takes care of the house and the kids," and "business matters are up to the men." I could easily see a situation where Joe provided her with papers to sign, even handled things with their attorneys, and Teresa assumed that he was acting her their best interest. That doesn't mean that I don't think that she should be punished (because you have to do the time even if you're not fully cognizant of doing the crime), but just that I actually don't think that she's lying when she says that she "didn't know" or "didn't understand." As for the clip from the view, I absolutely believe that she was trying to remember her lines, but not because she was lying. Rather, I think that Teresa honestly has no clue about what's going on, why it's happening, or what it all means, but has been trying to cover up her ignorance by parroting whatever her husband, their business associates, and their legal team tells her.

I'm not so sure about Teresa being the blank-minded 'what-the-heck-just-happened' woman that we might assume she is. How many cookbooks does she currently have in publication, four? I'm sure Teresa had many documents to sign as she processe through the editing and co-writing and contracts of every one of them. If she, as she says, just takes a pen and signs on the dotted line then I'd say yes, her brain is about the size of a turtle and just as wise. Remember what Teresa said on an episode of RHONJ, "It's like, you gotta lie [in court!]"  If Teresa thinks ''you gotta lie' before a Federal judge, I don't think she'd have any problem lying to Andy Cohen.

• Love 2

I think that Teresa in a courtroom sitting in the hot seat being questioned about her flagrant and excessive spending on jewelry, clothes and extravagant parties that she was between a rock and a hard place here. Sort of damned if she did, damned if she didn't kind of thing.  If she allowed the court to believe that she is nothing more than a shallow, materialistic bitch as she was shown on the show,  then it wouldn't bear well on her image in their eyes. That negative image of her might sway the judge's decision one way or another. Teresa had to be self-defensive by claiming that RHONJ is all scripted and she was only being paid for 'acting' a role that Bravo had specifically designed and provided to her. So she went the "not my fault" route and deflected her blame back to Bravo.

Or she could, you know, tell the fucking truth, take responsibility for her actions and let the chips fall where they may....but we know that's not Teresa's style.  "You gotta lie!". 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 5
sure Teresa had many documents to sign as she processe through the editing and co-writing and contracts of every one of them.

Yeah but the difference is that the typical publishing contract usually weighs heavily toward the publishing house's interests. Teresa probably signed one contract that gave her publisher the rights to the next three cook books. Remember this would be before there was any guarantee the books would hit it big, so there probably was not a ton of money offered upfront. Those contracts will be written with an eye toward paying the publishing houses first, Teresa second, and unless she had an entertainment lawyer or someone savvy looking out for her rights, I'm sure she didn't read those either but was "trustworthy" and signed off.  So my point is, Milania could have signed those publishing contracts, it didn't make Teresa any smarter. 

• Love 1

Came across Camp cupcakes visiting schedule:

Monday: 8:15 am to 3:15 pm

Friday: 11:15 am to 6:30 pm

Saturday: 8:15 am to 3:15 pm

Sunday: 8:15 am to 3:15 pm

Holidays: 8:15 am to. 3:15 pm

Handbook says visits begin & end in Visiting Room. There is also an outside fenced visiting area behind the visiting room. Kissing, embracing & hand shaking are allowed only on arrival & departure. Only physical contact allowed is hand holding. Says displays of affection must be within bounds of good taste.

Is it certain that Tre is being sent to WV? She could also be sent to CT -- which would be much closer and easier for her family to visit weekly. http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/dan/

Joe got his DL back after it was suspended for however long the state mandated, he completed what he need to get it back a while ago. They did not keep it suspended because of the DL Fraud charge though.

Ahh, okay. I thought it was still revoked. Still, I'm skeptical that Joe will make a concerted effort to visit as often as she'd like.

• Love 1

The way I see it, Tre can still lead a decent life after all this. 

To lead a decent life she has to first and foremost:  divorce Joe.  Sever all ties.  (as much as possible.)

Once she gets out of prison, she can then begin to piece her life back together with "her daughters".... She will still have some notoriety in the Bravo world and will be asked to interviews/gigs, etc.   She can then promote her "new found awareness" and "new image" and milk the hell out of that.    I can see it !

Of course, this would take a certain amount of self awareness and culpability on her part.     Maybe that's just asking too much from this idiot.

She will most likely need acting lessons to pull that off! Not from Heather or Ambah, not from Heather or Ambah, not from...

• Love 1

FWIW, I believe the advance for the first cookbook was $250,000. This was mentioned in the bankruptcy fraud as it was structured to be paid out a few days after filing. Bad faith obviously since the petition was obviously filed to avoid having the book deal counted.

And I realize I am probably a Mary Jane but how in the world do you compartmentalize your economic life so that you have stiffed creditors of $13,000,000 with no attempt to pay it back out of several years of high earnings and yet pretend that you are living within your "means".

I don't know who is giving Teresa Valentino handbags. As I recall Gucci wanted to pay Snookie NOT to wear their bags so I don't understand why the brand would think Teresa would have promotional value for the brand. And I know that she has also carried two Hermes Garden Party Totes to court (one is white and the other is black). While these aren't as expensive as a Birkin, they are still about $3450. Of course, Teresa could be carrying replica bags and so you isn't paying retail because I know that Hermes does not gift their bags to ANY celebrity let alone a housewife.

• Love 1

Actually if you watch Teresa's confessionals it is pretty obvious she is often reading from cue cards.  Most recently she said she was "keeping her family on a float."  She then goes back and re-reads it to, "keeping them afloat."  So I do think there are some suggestions of dialogue in her case.  Jacqueline and Dina and Lisa Vanderpump tend to come up with lines, that sound to me, as if they are rehearsed and they are waiting for an opportunity to work them in.  Tamra Barney had several this year and most sounded scripted and most fell flat. 

Andy's question about things being scripted he of course goes to the table flip.  I don't believe that was scripted I do believe the Victoria Gotti exchange had a heavy production hand all over it.  There are times I think Teresa has more help than other RHONJ.

I agree that the confessionals use cue cards in many cases. And yes, I saw that TH with Teresa misreading "afloat" -- she probably has no idea what that means and has never used that term up until now.

Yeah, AC is full of shiz.

Andy, we know there's a certain amount of improvisation going on, ie; Tre's table flip. Moron.

• Love 1
I'm a self-admitted marshmallow and felt very bad for Teresa when she was talking about Gabriella instinctively knowing she needed a kiss, and Gia vowing to take care of the girls. She glows when she talks about her kids and judging by the conversation about the guidance counselor, seems invested in their education. I sense true remorse from Teresa about her crimes hurting the kids (but not in any other area).

I came away with a very different reaction.  Everything Theresa said about the children was actually about herself.  How they comforted HER (see what an amazing mom I am?)  How she was the most important person in their world (see what an amazing mom I am?), how she does everything for them (see what an amazing mom I am?).  Not “she was trying to comfort me, when we were the ones who let HER down.”  Not “their worlds are about to turn upside down and that’s what matters, not what happens to me” but “I want him to bring them to see me once a week.”  And the complete blindness to reality that Milania and Gabriella haven’t already heard an earful from classmates about this!   it’s one thing to tune out what others say about you – how dare you send these kids out into the world with zero armor to face the collateral damage they’re going to face?  Even if it’s a “Mommy and Daddy made some mistakes paying their taxes and they were very bad mistakes and the govt is mad so we have to go away but we love you very much and we’re always going to be a family” level of explanation.  Followed by Juicy advising them if kids bring it up to tell them to fuck off and die. 

As rotten a creature as Joe is, I think he DOES see that he screwed his kids’ lives over for short term gain.  I think he thinks he gambled and lost, but the realization that the kids will suffer most has been sinking in hard.  The interview showed me, however, that Theresa still thinks all of this happened to her.

On a lighter note, aside from missing the kids, I think Joe G will have a fine time in Club Fed.  He seems like he makes friends easily and he can take care of himself physically to the extent that might come up (doubtful).  He’ll pride himself on being a man’s man and doing his time.  I don’t expect him to have a hangup about whatever prison chores he’ll be assigned to do, so long as he can shoot the bull with people as he goes about his day.

Theresa, on the other hand... I don’t know what her social circle will consist of.  And it’s not like she’s going to spend a lot of time reading.

• Love 17

I have no doubt that the Juicy's were paid handsomely for their interview with AC. Although they may have been contractually bound, if they didn't want to do the interview, they would not have shown up. The only legal consequence would be Bravo suing for breach of contract. Considering that they are unemployed, broke and convicted, the chances of Bravo recovering anything from them is probably less than zero,  so why would they bother? I think Tre (and Joe) are desperate to get any money out of Bravo that they can. Plus, I think that Tre at least sees Bravo as her path out of this mess. I bet she is hoping for a redemption season after her sentence and the paycheck that goes with it. She will need a paycheck, as her house will probably be gone and he husband will be in prison. She she is giving them what they want in hopes that she stays on their radar for the future. 

• Love 2

Ahh, okay. I thought it was still revoked. Still, I'm skeptical that Joe will make a concerted effort to visit as often as she'd like.

If Tre's sent to Camp Cupcake in WV, that's an 8 hr drive one way if traffic isn't an issue. The prison in Danbury, CT is less than 2 hours each way. The farther away she is the less likely Juicy'll be to visit regularly. And after a few months, I think he'll lessen the frequency regardless of where she's placed.

ETA: Thanks, JerseyGirl and HumblePi, I read your posts about the likelihood of Tre being placed in WV due to the female inmate population transitions taking place in Danbury, CT. However, the CT facility for women is being re-organized and it's not 100% cut and dried certain at this point that she's headed for WV. But chances are, based on the the current upheaval in Danbury, she's not likely to end up close to home.

Edited by msblossom