Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/24/2021

• Start Topic

Monday, May 24 – Climate activist Greta Thunberg (“#ForNature”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, May 25 – Joel McHale (ABC’s “Card Sharks”; “Crime Scene Kitchen”)

Wednesday, May 26 — Brain Tumor Awareness Month with the inspiring story of Molly Oldam from Akron, OH

Thursday, May 27 — Dennis Quaid (“Blue Miracle”; exclusive first look at “Reagan”)

Friday, May 28 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 5/11/2021) — Stacey Abrams (Author, “While Justice Sleeps”)

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh boy. Greta's literally half Meghan's age. I hope Meghan isn't bitchy to her. 

I am pretty sure I remember her being really bitchy to her on her social media when Gretawas only 16!

Edited by bannana
(edited)
27 minutes ago, bannana said:

It'll be fun to see MeAgain attempt to filet Greta Thunberg.

Is she going to yell at a little girl?  We shall see. 

Edit - okay, time passes. The super intense slightly bugged eyed little girl is 18 now. 

Edited by Kromm
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Greta will be hosting VYD (2 GRETAS...Get it?) and waxing orgasmic.

And Wednesday's "National Brain Tumor Awareness Month" segment has me slightly more than concerned!

Edited by pachebo
to add "brain tumor" month
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh boy. Greta's literally half Meghan's age. I hope Meghan isn't bitchy to her. 

Greta is half Meghan's age, with twice her IQ.  

She's a great example of how autism can be a strength, keeping someone so focused on a topic that they affect real change.

• Love 23

Why in the world would they wait until the very end of the month to bring awareness to National Brain Tumor Awareness Month ? Shouldn't they have done this the first few days of the month, to make people aware  ? Are they aiming for 'unawareness month' ?

And I bet you Meganutz will do a tribute to her father. Maybe bring in the Long Island Psychic and see if she can communicate with him on the show.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

And I bet you Meganutz will do a tribute to her father. 

And again pooh pooh people dealing with other types of brain tumours, since the one MyFather had is the worst and most important one.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I don't think they do the monthly causes so well even though, of course, they are important.

Here are a (very) few causes just May - AAPI, ALS, Brain tumors, Celiac Awareness, Haitian Heritage, International Masturbation Month (lol), Bike month etc. See Wiki.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

And again pooh pooh people dealing with other types of brain tumours, since the one MyFather had is the worst and most important one.

My dad died from the same type of cancer as MyFather. But I do NOT want to hear anything that MeAgain has to say about it.  I would like to hear from a real medical professional if there is has been any advances in treatment because I know there had been even from the time my dad died and MyFather was diagnosed.  Before MeAgain starts talking about worrying about developing this, I asked the doctor if this was something I needed to worry about in the future (is this a sinus headache, lack of sleep headache, or a brain tumor headache) and it is not hereditary.  

• Love 12

Meg: “I can’t stand MTG but...”. As Dr Phil says, ignore everything she said before the “but,” then she says what she really means and resorts to whataboutism, dismissing MTG’s words.

Oops, Whoopi lost patience with Meghan and snapped at her. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20
(edited)

Oh for frogs legs Meganutz!  Why is Whoopi cutting you off ? Because she's the conductor of this train and she has every right to throw passengers off the train and onto the tracks. Especially when they go off on a crazy tangent like you did!

Anyone else notice that Meganutz is wearing a blouse which matches the flower arrangement behind her, so it looks like the flowers are going off on a crazy rant. I guess she pissed off her wardrobe assistant today.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
Just now, JayD83 said:

Joy: I've been here for 25 years 

MM: And I've been here for 4!

Joy: And you should respect that

MM: ::Rolls her eyes::

MM is a disrespectful you-know-what

I think the word you are looking for is bitch.

• Love 21

Oh Sheesh!  MeAgain is Ranting more than ever today!  Whoopi is truly P.O'ed with her!  Now Joy says she resents Megan calling people "Anti Semitic", she has been on the show for 25 years!  MeAgain gets huffy & tries to cut off Joy who continues to say she is insulted by Meg's comments!  MeAgain loves to bring up Ilhan Omar & "The Squad": she hates them!

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The thing is, I already expected there would be more craziness today. The ratings are down and McCain needs those ratings *up* to justify her presence. Still, I lived for Joy finally telling her to have some respect. Should’ve been said years ago at this point.

Where are you getting information that their ratings are down ? Can you please share your source ?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I’m glad Sunny pointed out that no one on the panel (coughmeghancough) is equipped to discuss the complexities of the Israel/Palestine conflict and that maybe they should have an expert as a guest. Meghan only sees it through right wing colored glasses. 

Sunny was really calm throughout it all and just refuted everything Nutmeg said.  Nutmeg's job was to protect Marjorie Taylor Greene and put the anti-Semitic label on the left.  She only cares about anti-Semitism when it comes from the left.

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

What the hell just happened?  If any of us had acted like she did today in our jobs we would have gotten fired.  She showed so much disdain and disrespect for her co-hosts ABC and I was taken aback by her viciousness. Megan is out of control and needs to see somebody.  She has so much hate anger and resentment in her.. 

'Our jobs' are quite different from the jobs of the five hosts on the show. Each of them is doing what is required of them - to discuss, share their views, get emotional, become passionate, etc. Can't compare anyone's job in the private sector to their jobs on a television talk show called 'The View'. The only comparison I can see to today's show was Sharon Osbourne on 'The Talk' back on March 10. Again Osbourne and her cohosts were doing their job.

10 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Where are you getting information that their ratings are down ? Can you please share your source ?

Compared to this time last year, The View is down in every major Nielsen ratings daytime category:

Women ages 18-49 (-0.04)

Women ages 25-54 (-0.11)

Total Viewers (-509,000)

Households (-0.52)

Source Nielsen, via https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2021/05/daytime-broadcast-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-10-14-2021

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, General Days said:

Compared to this time last year, The View is down in every major Nielsen ratings daytime category:

Women ages 18-49 (-0.04)

Women ages 25-54 (-0.11)

Total Viewers (-509,000)

Households (-0.52)

Source Nielsen, via https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2021/05/daytime-broadcast-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-10-14-2021

The ratings that Nielsen has presented here has more to do with where America was in May, 2020 (in lockdown at their homes, during a deadly pandemic) as to where they are now ('back to normal' and out and about, once again). It has little to do with each show's popularity, and a drop in demo ratings is more than expected for this year.

In total viewership, 'The View' is still the #1 talk show in daytime television. 'Ellen' has lost a third of her audience blamed on the behind-the-scenes controversy from last summer, and has decided to leave after next season (she know she won't ever recoup that 33% loss). And as for 'The Talk', they are still embedded in last place - just where they began in September, and are struggling on 'life support'.

• Useful 2
31 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I was talking about Megan disrespecting her co-hosts, interrupting them, shouting at them and she implied that they did not care about Anti-Semitism and it is why Joy got offended and called her out on that lie.  She acts like she is the only one who cares about marginalized groups in our country.  Last week she dismissed anti-Blackness by bringing up Anti-Semitism as a a way to attack the left and deflect from her team looking bad.  She is a vile human being.  

Here is the sentence which I was addressing from your original post:

If any of us had acted like she did today in our jobs we would have gotten fired. 

That's why I explained there is no comparison to our jobs and their jobs, and what they are contracted to do each day.

If any of us acted the way she did today (especially to her cohorts), yes we would be fired. But that's because it's not expected of us to act that way to our coworkers, as it's expected of her.