Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/24/2021

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Does she really think she's just that much smarter and that much more hard working than everyone else and that's how she got glamorous gigs so young?

Yes. Yes she does.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Or a regular 52 year-old. I am the same age as Sunny and a few weeks ago when she dismissed that extra $300 a week people were receiving with their unemployment as not that much I was stunned. 

In minor defense of Sunny.  She referred to an extra $300/month as not being a big deal.   She later clarified that she was mistaken and it was actually $300/week.   However, for someone making used to making $12 - $15 hour, an extra $300/month is still a big deal.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

This article doesn't really capture the unintelligible word salad that was MeAgain's comment on the anniversary of George Floyd's murder. So I transcribed most of it below.

https://decider.com/2021/05/25/the-view-meghan-mccain-perspective-on-police-brutality-shifted-after-george-floyd-murder/

Whoopi asks MeAgain if anything has changed in the last year tangibly where we can say yes we can continue moving in a forward direction?

MeAgain:

The last year since you know George Floyd's murder has been paradigm shifting in the sense that we are all because of the circumstances of the pandemic we were isolated and alone and able to confront  uh, you know the issues of egregious police brutality and the killing of unarmed black men,  whether you liked it or not, I think sometimes when crimes happen or injustice happens people want to tune out or ignore because it's hard, it's hard to face so this is something that collectively not just as Americans but globally it's been a complete paradigm shift I think in the way people view these issues. Um, I know for me personally, I can't speak for anyone else but I have done A LOT of work since the summer and a lot of reading and processing and speaking to people who know more about these issues than I do and I know that just my personal perspective on it has done an extreme  shift,  if you would have asked me you know is police brutality in America a huge problem, before George Floyd I would have said yes, and now I would say absolutely, yes, there is no doubt in my mind and obviously I come from a different political perspective as everyone else and I want to continue, as Condoleeza Rice says, who is one of my icons, taking my own responsibility and culpability in what I have done to contribute to make America a racist country and to help make it less of a racist country and she has an incredible op-ed that she wrote after George Floyd died that I tell everyone to read because I think for conservatives who don't really understand the issue or don't want to hear the issue as much, she really lays it out in a great way......blah blah blah.....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
18 hours ago, rwlevin said:

I thought that was Ana.

Also, regarding the attack in Canada, I read the original Twitter thread and a girl was sexually assaulted. Essentially, what happened was she tried to intervene with the old guy getting attacked and the attackers grabbed her breasts.

It is Ana but she's only there one day a week.  She would be great if she was full time instead of what's her face.

• Love 9

Did MeAgaini just out her mother for not allowing her to have sex ed in high school, and pulled her out of the class and later just gave her a science book?  Hmmm...

GIF by SVU

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

NO reason?   Sorry, apartment rents are ridiculous, kids graduate in debt and end up with entry level jobs or unpaid internships.   Both my kids graduated college at 22 and lived with us for a few years to find jobs, save money and begin paying back student loans.  They became completely independent, one at 25, one at 26.  

It's not always so simple.  There's no one-size-fits-all answer. 

Same here, youngest daughter lived at home with us for several years after graduating college,  she had student loan debt, she could not find a full time job that paid enough so she worked a series of part-time jobs...I was not about to 'throw her out"...she paid her own bills(car, credit cards, etc) but at least she had a roof over her head(poor Liberty being "thrown out when she is 18). 

• Love 17
On 5/24/2021 at 11:39 AM, Haleth said:

I’m glad Sunny pointed out that no one on the panel (coughmeghancough) is equipped to discuss the complexities of the Israel/Palestine conflict and that maybe they should have an expert as a guest. Meghan only sees it through right wing colored glasses. 

It's a complicated issue, actually a series of issues, that nobody (frankly for a change, on either side of the party lines) is explaining well, or correctly. It's rife for oversimplification attempts, because there are bad actors on both sides of the conflict instead of just one. While modern narrative tries to claim that about a lot of issues, in this case it's actually true.  In other words, almost anyone talking about it probably has an agenda. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

There are people Meghan's age who live at home. I'm sure she'd call it a "failure to launch," but stuff happens.

There are also several cultures where young people are expected to live at home until marriage. There are enough things that second generation kids fight their parents over (like choice of job), this needn't be one of them at 22.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

There are also several cultures where young people are expected to live at home until marriage. There are enough things that second generation kids fight their parents over (like choice of job), this needn't be one of them at 22.

Yes, and I come from one of those cultures.

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Yes, it's extremely common all over the world. I have friends from many different cultural backgrounds. Meghan clearly does not, which doesn't help her America always right on everything attitude. People of other countries think the American emphasis on independence is weird. My parents weren't perfect, but I'm so grateful they didn't kick me out once I graduated high school. 

If I had kids, I'd much rather my adult children live with me and not be stressed out to the point of being miserable, not do questionable jobs because they're desperate for money, and not live in sketchy places to save on rent (especially daughters). You can live at home and not be the least bit spoiled or lazy. I have a lot of older friends who work and juggle school. Are there 18-year-olds who pick a great degree, graduate right on time, and land great jobs at 22? Yes, but that doesn't mean anyone who doesn't is stupid, lazy or spoiled. Most keep busy and pay rent or help out one way or another. You also never know what people have gone through-their childhoods, parenting, costly medical issues, trauma, mental health struggles. We live in a culture that shames shaming, but for some reason it's still okay to shame a 24-year-old for living at home. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 23
(edited)
31 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

We live in a culture that shames shaming, but for some reason it's still okay to shame a 24-year-old for living at home. 

It was interesting that Whoopi pointed out that there could be a number of reasons why a 24 year old would be living at home and then MeAgain actually backtracked and said she shouldn't judge! 

My family is from Europe and I still have all of my relatives there. Their entire society is structured on multi-generational living, to the extent that homes are designed to have two fully contained residences in one home, so that when the parents are older they continue to live with their adult children and their grandchildren.

In the US and Canada, in addition to different cultures, there are also economic issues to consider. There has been an increase in multi-generational living out of necessity.

MeAgain has a very tiny view of the world. She's all red state middle of the country, but she really doesn't have a clue about areas that are financially depressed that people have no choice but to live in one household rather than two or three.

Failure to launch? On twitter today MeAgain posted really scathing comments about someone and 90% of the comments on her tweet are criticizing her for her immaturity and lack of class and grace. She launched all right, but it was into a spiteful, narcissistic, hypocritical realm, where only she can say vile and insulting things, and when someone does it to her, her precious feelings are hurt.

And I also do not think for a second that MeAgain could survive in the wilderness, even with all her guns and whiskey and her piece of string fishing line!

Edited by bannana
don't want to veer off topic
  • Love 22
On 5/24/2021 at 9:40 AM, Axie said:

After today's performance, I sincerely think Meghan is in need of mental health help.  I think she should be taken off the air and given the time to seek it.  I don't think it's an act, I think something is seriously wrong.

Does being a privileged spoiled brat count as a mental health problem?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, bannana said:

This article doesn't really capture the unintelligible word salad that was MeAgain's comment on the anniversary of George Floyd's murder. So I transcribed most of it below.

https://decider.com/2021/05/25/the-view-meghan-mccain-perspective-on-police-brutality-shifted-after-george-floyd-murder/

Whoopi asks MeAgain if anything has changed in the last year tangibly where we can say yes we can continue moving in a forward direction?

MeAgain:

The last year since you know George Floyd's murder has been paradigm shifting in the sense that we are all because of the circumstances of the pandemic we were isolated and alone and able to confront  uh, you know the issues of egregious police brutality and the killing of unarmed black men,  whether you liked it or not, I think sometimes when crimes happen or injustice happens people want to tune out or ignore because it's hard, it's hard to face so this is something that collectively not just as Americans but globally it's been a complete paradigm shift I think in the way people view these issues. Um, I know for me personally, I can't speak for anyone else but I have done A LOT of work since the summer and a lot of reading and processing and speaking to people who know more about these issues than I do and I know that just my personal perspective on it has done an extreme  shift,  if you would have asked me you know is police brutality in America a huge problem, before George Floyd I would have said yes, and now I would say absolutely, yes, there is no doubt in my mind and obviously I come from a different political perspective as everyone else and I want to continue, as Condoleeza Rice says, who is one of my icons, taking my own responsibility and culpability in what I have done to contribute to make America a racist country and to help make it less of a racist country and she has an incredible op-ed that she wrote after George Floyd died that I tell everyone to read because I think for conservatives who don't really understand the issue or don't want to hear the issue as much, she really lays it out in a great way......blah blah blah.....

This is completely unintelligible.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Failure to launch? On twitter today MeAgain posted really scathing comments about someone and 90% of the comments on her tweet are criticizing her for her immaturity and lack of class and grace. She launched all right, but it was into a spiteful, narcissistic, hypocritical realm, where only she can say vile and insulting things, and when someone does it to her, her precious feelings are hurt.

Seriously. I know parents want their kids to be able to take care of themselves, but they also want them to be kind, respectful individuals. 

24 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Tell that to Whoopi's daughter 😏

One thing I find rich, no pun intended, is when people brag about the independence of their kids or themselves when it's all funded by others. I remember a friend of mine was put down in college for living at home by a girl whose parents paid for her tuition, her apartment, her car, EVERYTHING. 

• Love 15
(edited)

Meghan's parents probably bought her a nice condo in a building with a doorman when she was 18 and going to Columbia.  That doesn't count as supporting yourself.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Forgive me if this was already posted.

ET Canada speculates that Meghan might be mentally ill.

They used the words we use here to describe Meghan. Unhinged.  Toxic work environment.   We aren't the only ones that see it.

• Love 21
(edited)

Oh, good God. Meg is going to have yet another opportunity to go after Fauci.  What the heck does she have on her head?

eta: Surprisingly Meg didn’t mention Fauci. Maybe because everyone before her pointed out that her tribe is so dismissive of science?

Oh, that sweet girl. Molly. Heartbreaking.  Meghan should not be doing this interview. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

From the article: It sounds like her message was not well received by MM, though -- we're told she stormed out of the meeting before it ended because she felt like she was being "attacked."

Meghan honey if you think this Zoom call is about you it probably is.

Her behavior in the meeting proves the need for the meeting.

She is the problem. She is the one causing the toxicity we the viewers see.  When she isn't there the whole vibe of the show is different.  

This. And it's curious why Joy is a focus of this article, when really her attacks on Monday were aimed at *Whoopi* and ABC. Naturally I can't help but question if this article is really true or not, but, if so, her acting that way with the president BTS isn't going to fly. I imagine her storm off was an attempt to project blame onto the other ladies, that she's a Conservative Victim constantly being attacked on the show rather than dishing out attacks that she finally got hit back over. In her mind, all sides are "equal." Joy disagreeing with her is equal in her mind to her calling Joy a bitch. One is an opinion disagreement, the other is a personal attack. Not the same. And Joy telling her to give her colleagues respect isn't a personal attack either.

• Love 20

I missed the interview portion of the show, but watched hot topics.  The tone of the entire segment seemed very subdued, as if they were all walking on eggshells around each other.  I guess the emergency meeting mentioned above has something to do with that, but it's disappointing that it had to come to that.

They all seemed very disconnected and very cautious in their discussions.  I hate that today's show felt forced, as if none of them wanted to be there.

Glad that there is only tomorrow's live show left before the holiday weekend.  Hopefully, by next week, they will move past this dark cloud hanging over them (maybe Meghan will be away on vacation for a few extra days).

• Love 11

I know we're never going to get the details, but I'd love to take the Human Resources staff out for drinks. They must have some stories!

I hope the ladies can find a happy medium between Verbal Thunderdome and Awkward Family Funeral. Remember when Sara and Sunny strongly disagreed with each other over something? Neither backed down, but they were both respectful of each other and--dare I say--it was interesting to watch!

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Remember when Sara and Sunny strongly disagreed with each other over something? Neither backed down, but they were both respectful of each other and--dare I say--it was interesting to watch!

I remember the disagreement, but not what they were disagreeing about! They kept it civil and they moved on when they went to the next topic. 

• Love 11

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the young woman who has been battling brain tumors, as a matter of fact, she was quite inspirational, but, all in all, today’s show was pretty depressing. 

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Oh, good God. Meg is going to have yet another opportunity to go after Fauci.  What the heck does she have on her head?

The Princess of Arizona crown?  I've noticed she wears some of the craziest headdresses after one of her toxic meltdowns.  Perhaps she wears them to comfort her miserable sense.

54 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I remember the disagreement, but not what they were disagreeing about! They kept it civil and they moved on when they went to the next topic. 

Yes, that is what adults do.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7

Sunny and I like the same snacks. Funyuns and those peanut butter cookies.

I live alone now but when my family members lived with me I absolutely hid my snacks.  Nothing worse than going to get a peppermint patty and finding them all gone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

This was a very interesting discussion. They picked up on the real issues with MeAgain.

• Her bad behaviour in the workplace and toward her co-workers/producers.
  • She doesn't actually address the topic, she rails against the producers and Whoopi for not letting her talk about the topic, or for having another topic than the one she wants it to be.
  • When Whoopi cut her off she was shrieking about her producer's parents or grandparents remembering the actual Holocaust--and the ET Canada guy pointed out that that doesn't really have anything to do with anything.
  • That she makes the show uncomfortable to watch because she is so personal in her attacks. He likened it to when you have a friend over and your parents argue in front of them...awkward!
  • That if ABC ever does fire her she will make it all about how they are trying to silence the conservative--even if it was really because of her bad behaviour and the fact that no one wants to watch her.
  • And of course they think she has mental health issues!
  • Love 22
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I missed the interview portion of the show, but watched hot topics.  The tone of the entire segment seemed very subdued, as if they were all walking on eggshells around each other.  I guess the emergency meeting mentioned above has something to do with that, but it's disappointing that it had to come to that.

They all seemed very disconnected and very cautious in their discussions.  I hate that today's show felt forced, as if none of them wanted to be there.

Glad that there is only tomorrow's live show left before the holiday weekend.  Hopefully, by next week, they will move past this dark cloud hanging over them (maybe Meghan will be away on vacation for a few extra days).

I'll have to tune in later. My broadcast was interrupted by breaking local news.

3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

The tone of the entire segment seemed very subdued, as if they were all walking on eggshells around each other.  I guess the emergency meeting mentioned above has something to do with that, but it's disappointing that it had to come to that.

There's only one source of conflict.  I mean obviously Joy is the flashpoint on one side, but only Meghan flaunts breaking rules that effect ALL of them, (whereas Joy's attacks are only directed at one person). 

• Love 4

yikes!  I'm sure y'all are talking about the TMZ report.

I'm so giddy i could do a happy dance hahaha.  This maybe our chance.  Someone said they might be looking at numbers of peeps leaving.  Maybe we can get the swine flu and all unsub for a day.  See if they notice that.  Or just hit them with tons of emails.  Addressed to the NEW head of ABC Kim Goodman or something like that, look up the last name

5 hours ago, Haleth said:

eta: Surprisingly Meg didn’t mention Fauci. Maybe because everyone before her pointed out that her tribe is so dismissive of science?

Oh, that sweet girl. Molly. Heartbreaking.  Meghan should not be doing this interview. 

That segment was preempted for another shooting in Cali.  Then it came back immediately after.  Odd.

7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

They pretty much nailed it…she has now gone over the edge and beyond.  I wish ABC would pay attention. Toxic work environment is right.

1 hour ago, Kromm said:

There's only one source of conflict.  I mean obviously Joy is the flashpoint on one side, but only Meghan flaunts breaking rules that effect ALL of them, (whereas Joy's attacks are only directed at one person). 

That is why Whoopi or Whoopi's producer (not Meghan's) needs a mute button. When Meghan goes on an off topic rant, attacks a coworker or guest, or goes over time, just mute her and let the adults speak or go to commercial.  On a day like yesterday she should have been muted for the rest of the show.

• Love 17
23 hours ago, leftlane said:

Does being a privileged spoiled brat count as a mental health problem?

Nope, it doesn't. And this isn't directed at you LEFTLANE, but your comment is a great place for me to start. Meghan has tied her ENTIRE identity into being a Republican and the party has spiralled down so far and fast that it's impossible to defend. Being shrill, overbearing, rude and loud does NOT make her mentally ill and quite frankly it's an insult to those who are. Enough with the armchair psychology, it's actually offensive. Sometimes an asshole is just an asshole.

• Love 16
(edited)
24 minutes ago, thisgirlhere said:

Nope, it doesn't. And this isn't directed at you LEFTLANE, but your comment is a great place for me to start. Meghan has tied her ENTIRE identity into being a Republican and the party has spiralled down so far and fast that it's impossible to defend. Being shrill, overbearing, rude and loud does NOT make her mentally ill and quite frankly it's an insult to those who are. Enough with the armchair psychology, it's actually offensive. Sometimes an asshole is just an asshole.

I respectfully disagree.   While I agree that MEghan is pretty much an asshole all the time, she has recently seemed to be irritable and defensive to the point that I see signs of a mood disorder.  I've seen it often enough, where people snap at others, seem to get angry over nothing, and can't stop themselves from displaying a temper that seems to come out of nowhere.  IT's not an insult to others with mental illness to say that she seems to be in crisis and depressed.   Some people experience depression in a very passive way, others experience depression as lashing out in anger.  

If I knew Meghan, I would urge her to see a psychiatrist for medication.  She seems unwell. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I respectfully disagree.   While I agree that MEghan is pretty much an asshole all the time, she has recently seemed to be irritable and defensive to the point that I see signs of a mood disorder.  I've seen it often enough, where people snap at others, seem to get angry over nothing, and can't stop themselves from displaying a temper that seems to come out of nowhere.  IT's not an insult to others with mental illness to say that she seems to be in crisis and depressed.   Some people experience depression in a very passive way, others experience depression as lashing out in anger.  

If I knew Meghan, I would urge her to see a psychiatrist for medication.  She seems unwell. 

We're in the middle of a pandemic, everyone is stressed out right now, and yet you think you're qualified to diagnose her with a mood disorder because you see her on tv? You have no idea if she's in crisis or depressed because you DON'T know her. The insult to others comes with equating bad behaviour with mental illness and it's done all the time. And there's a big difference between being 'unwell' and 'mentally ill'.

Edited to add: I'm out as I've said my piece. I'm not interested in a back and forth about why people shouldn't armchair diagnose people on tv with mental illnesses.

Edited by thisgirlhere
edited to add
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

I hope it wasn't one of those "both of you need to play nice" lectures. 

You know darn well it was. If Meghan had been singled out, there would have been hell to pay. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, thisgirlhere said:

We're in the middle of a pandemic, everyone is stressed out right now, and yet you think you're qualified to diagnose her with a mood disorder because you see her on tv? You have no idea if she's in crisis or depressed because you DON'T know her. The insult to others comes with equating bad behaviour with mental illness and it's done all the time. And there's a big difference between being 'unwell' and 'mentally ill'.

Edited to add: I'm out as I've said my piece. I'm not interested in a back and forth about why people shouldn't armchair diagnose people on tv with mental illnesses.

I didn't diagnose.  Read my post. I said I see signs. I stand by what I said.

• Love 8

I don't know what is causing Meghan to act the way she is.  All I know is it's uncomfortable to watch and it is ruining the show. 

7 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

I hope it wasn't one of those "both of you need to play nice" lectures. 

This is giving me flashbacks to 2013 when Elisabeth Hasselbeck was fired and ABC not wanting to look like they were picking on a conservative also let Joy go.

• Love 7