Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/17/2021

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Axie said:

Every single week there's something Meghan won't talk about whether it's sex, marriage, parenthood, whatever.  Today she's all "I talk about everything!  I'm an open book!  My life is so hard because I'm on this show and they make me suffer but I'm so cooperative I talk about everything!"   No you don't.  Shut up.

She didn't talk about her miscarriage.  If her dad was still alive I doubt she would talk about any votes he cast in the Senate that didn't reflect well on him.  As it is there are a lot of things this show hasn't discussed because they are things Meghan doesn't want to deal with.

• Love 14
(edited)

Why did I know Meg would rail against the 1619 Project?  Just goes to show her crocodile tears yesterday were completely fake. I hope Taraji tears her a new one. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

There's a visual from yesterday's show that I can't get out of my head. It was a very sad discussion featuring the son of Andrew Brown Jr. and the family lawyer. The split screen showing this young man with the ladies on the panel - Sunny near tears, for example. Then you get to MM with that hideous, ginormous fake braid and sparkly makeup. She wasn't disrespectful that I could see, but I wish the producers wouldn't have included her in this discussion. I get nervous wondering when the other shoe will drop. Am I making any sense? I don't know how exactly to articulate this.

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 14
(edited)
7 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

There's a visual from yesterday's show that I can't get out of my head. It was a very sad discussion featuring the son of Andrew Brown Jr. and the family lawyer. The split screen showing this young man with the ladies on the panel - Sunny near tears, for example. Then you get to MM with that hideous, ginormous fake braid and sparkly makeup. She wasn't disrespectful that I could see, but I wish the producers wouldn't have included her in this discussion. I get nervous wondering when the other shoe will drop. Am I making any sense? I don't know how exactly to articulate this.

Yes. It is like including a clown at a funeral. 

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • LOL 7
  • Love 15
(edited)
8 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Yes. It is like including a clown at a funeral. 

A little song, a little dance....

Of course Sunny thinks she can control a 19yo.  I bet her kids cannot wait to go to college. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 12

As everyone else has said, there is no way in hell Meghan would ever discuss her family negatively. Didn’t she once say that she would help her father dispose of the body?  She’s “Ride or die”, which is apparently only allowed for her tribe. 

• Love 15
(edited)
6 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

As everyone else has said, there is no way in hell Meghan would ever discuss her family negatively. Didn’t she once say that she would help her father dispose of the body?  She’s “Ride or die”, which is apparently only allowed for her tribe. 

I hope people on Twitter remind her of this. Also every shady thing daddy, mommy,   husband and father inl law have done. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 13
(edited)

Hahahahahaha-Meghan says she would report on The View if her father had been accused of sexual assault. Hahahahahahahahhaha-she lies. She is the biggest snowflake I have ever seen. The slightest amount of criticism and she freaks the fuck out and they have to go to commercial. This has happened how many times? I don't like either of those Cuomos and I think they are both shady but Meghan is so full of shit. She would hold her brother accountable-this dame is delusional.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
misspelling
  • Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Well, long-time viewers know McCain is lying about talking about her family when there's a bad story about them. I remember very well how the show mysteriously avoided talking about the biggest topic at the time back in December 2017, which was that John McCain voted to support Trump's tax plan, because it would've made her daddy look like less of the hero she wanted to use this show to portray him as being. And look at how psychotic she goes when the others are only talking about her party, or her "uncle" Lindsey Graham, etc. etc. SSDD--she's an enormous liar and hypocrite.

Facts! as the young people online like to say..  Nutmeg was being true to form today and she looked terrible as well, that blouse made her look like a linebacker. She looked huge..

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

Meg says that she would address it on the show if a family member is in the news, but she hasn’t addressed what happened to her mom being formally censured by the Republican Party in Arizona. 

I think Chris Cuomo tried to play fair by not advocating for his brother on his show. I’m not sure what more Meg thinks he should have done. Brothers are going to talk to each other. It would be weird if he didn’t. As long as he’s not trying to use his position to sway future juries then he’s playing by the rules. 

I think Chris going through co-vid himself made the two closer than ever.  And i think CNN saw and milked or tried to milk the connection.  But I haven't seen anything by Chris or Andrew when he's been on that I've been offended by.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I think Chris going through co-vid himself made the two closer than ever.  And i think CNN saw and milked or tried to milk the connection.  But I haven't seen anything by Chris or Andrew when he's been on that I've been offended by.

Apparently, Meghan was deeply offended by that giant Q-tip because she keeps bringing it up. Maybe it was just one brother dunking on his older brother's looks. I don't know, I'm not a snowflake like Meghan.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

something is not right with her.  

I am going to agree with you on that.  She says things that can so easily be refuted.  Her saying she never shies away from discussing her family or herself is not even close to being true. Quite a few of us posters here have easily come up with a list of things to prove her wrong.  Is she so self absorbed that she thinks everything she says is true simply because she believes it?

• Love 13

Chris Cuomo should not be on strategy calls with his brother team. I don't like the fact Ana and Sunny defended him. CNN should have made a strict rule that Chris Cuomo cannot cover his brother. Yes I get people are hired because they have connections, including Meghan. However, I would never describe Meghan as a journalist and I don't think she has either. She is a political commentator.  

• Love 3

What I hate is that these strong women, even remotely, have to walk on eggshells due to The Princess. Whenever she's not on, the ladies appear much more relaxed and can have a civil discussion. They don't always agree - I remember a while back when Sara and Sunny had a heated exchange about one topic - but they don't take those differences of opinion personally, and then they move on to the next topic. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is I really want to hear what Whoopi, Joy, Sara, Sunny and Ana have to say about current events without The Princess having a shrieking meltdown and cutting in on their time to talk. She sucks every bit of oxygen out of the room. Ana is a conservative Republican who can at least give her opinions without screaming at her co-hosts and taking offense at every narrative that doesn't align with her own. 

It really bugs me that MM is always given carte blanche on this show at the expense of the other ladies. I cringe whenever certain delicate matters like 1/6, hate crimes and the like are brought up because I know she is about to implode. I'm actually glad they are not in studio because that temper of hers actually makes me nervous. I'm afraid that at some point it might get so bad that she might actually physically go after someone - either on the panel or in the audience. She's never going to change, and I really wish the producers and ABC would own this.

• Love 13
(edited)

I think Meghan often expresses how she thinks / hopes she would react to things because she hasn't yet had to face particular situations herself. That being said, there's a difference between privately offering support as a family member to your relative and participating in an official strategy session while also attempting to cover your relative's actions as a presumably objective reporter. I think that would constitute a clear conflict. How could you objectively report on what happens when you have been involved in it? 

About Lisa Rinna's daughter dating Scott Disick - despite what Sunny says, attempting to control who a young adult dates by reminding them who holds the purse strings is not going to have the instant and compliant response you'd like. People that age already think that everyone older (especially parents) don't understand or know any better. Hammering them with "you live under my roof, do as I say" about their boy/girlfriend is going to harden that opinion. They may cling harder to the "loved one" instead of seeing the kind of flaws that will eventually erode the relationship.

Note: I'm not concentrating on the age difference here - mainly on the character of the boyfriend in question. Not all large age differences are awful. I know a number of relationships between people with big age differences that have been successful. I've also seen relationships where the age difference eventually results in an unequal power difference, or where one partner is frustrated by the other partner's maturity or behavior based on their life stage.

Edited by KittyQ
  • Love 8
(edited)
31 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Chris Cuomo should not be on strategy calls with his brother team. I don't like the fact Ana and Sunny defended him. CNN should have made a strict rule that Chris Cuomo cannot cover his brother. Yes I get people are hired because they have connections, including Meghan. However, I would never describe Meghan as a journalist and I don't think she has either. She is a political commentator.  

I'd be surprised if MM did not talk to her mother or father (or her father's staff)  prior to any of their appearances on the View.  And I know she's not  a journalist.  But those Cuomo brother interviews were just as fluff as most of the interviews on the View.  And they didn't even try to lead the audience to believe they were journalistic discussions.   

I do agree it doesn't pass the sniff test for journalistic integrity for Cuomo to be on those calls.  But since I never expected him to conduct hard hitting journalism towards his brother it doesn't bother me much.   CNN covered Governor Cuomo's flaws in its other programming as they should.  

Sunny throws some pretty direct shade towards MM more often than Sarah and Ana but doesn't get the MM wrath like Sara/Ana/Joy.   Makes me wonder if they have some type of agreement.  

I would love for the View to have Nikole Hannah-Jones on to discuss the 1619 project.   If only to watch MM read badly written talking points from her blue cards, and then look to the side as her attempts to filet her land with a thud.  

6 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

What I hate is that these strong women, even remotely, have to walk on eggshells due to The Princess. Whenever she's not on, the ladies appear much more relaxed and can have a civil discussion.

I agree.  When she's not there, they actually have a conversation with back and forth discussion.   Today they got through 2 1/2 topics in 3 segments?   And it was just a serious of speeches no discussion.

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 7
(edited)

I just started the show, and I'm already annoyed. We've all known Meghan has no self-awareness for some time, but her having no problem calling out her family? Are you kidding me?! She explodes when they merely discuss politicians she isn't even friends with. She isn't okay with MyFather being portrayed as anything short of perfection.

The difference between CNN and you Meghan is despite whatever flaws there are on that network, the hosts are professionals. You are a the biggest baby on TV! I'd feel sorry for you being so delusional, but you're too mean. 

3 hours ago, Axie said:

I think Ana may want to jump through her screen and throttle Meghan.

I have a feeling Ana's not alone in her feelings. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10
(edited)
26 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I'd be surprised if MM did not talk to her mother or father (or her father's staff)  prior to any of their appearances on the View.  And I know she's not  a journalist.  But those Cuomo brother interviews were just as fluff as most of the interviews on the View.  And they didn't even try to lead the audience to believe they were journalistic discussions.   

I do agree it doesn't pass the sniff test for journalistic integrity for Cuomo to be on those calls.  But since I never expected him to conduct hard hitting journalism towards his brother it doesn't bother me much.   CNN covered Governor Cuomo's flaws in its other programming as they should.  

Sunny throws some pretty direct shade towards MM more often than Sarah and Ana but doesn't get the MM wrath like Sara/Ana/Joy.   Makes me wonder if they have some type of agreement.  

I would love for the View to have Nikole Hannah-Jones on to discuss the 1619 project.   If only to watch MM read badly written talking points from her blue cards, and then look to the side as her attempts to filet her land with a thud.  

I agree.  When she's not there, they actually have a conversation with back and forth discussion.   Today they got through 2 1/2 topics in 3 segments?   And it was just a serious of speeches no discussion.

The Chris Cuomo stuff bothers me because we are talking about sexual assault and Chris Cuomo was on those calls. To me that is a huge difference than getting talking points for the tax bill. As much as I hate the tax bill it is sadly not illegal. I think it was wrong that The View didn't cover it. 

I don't like Meghan, but I remember her going on Rachel Maddow/The View and other programs criticizing her father about his stance on Don't Ask Don't Tell. We know she isn't listening to Cindy because Cindy  has been much more anti-Trump and pro-Biden than Meghan has been on this show. Right now if you want to criticize Meghan on family relationships it should be focus on the fact her sister-in-law is an advisor for McCarthy and Meghan keeps bringing it up and no one is questioning her on it or the fact she brings up all her republican connections and none of the co-hosts ask well if you can't convince them who can?

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sharper2002 said:

I see what you did there, Sunny! I wish I could have seen MeAgain’s face while Sunny was reminding princess why she was there in the first place. 

You mean Meghan isn't there because she's a serious pundit who's been in politics all her life? Because she's a professional and doesn't behave like those silly CNN anchors? Because she's a tough chick who can calmly discuss anything? Because she's educated about things that occurred before she was born and places she hasn't been? 

As delusional as Meghan is, I wouldn't be shocked if what Sunny said went over her head. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

@GiveMeSpace gets credit for this photo of MeAgain's lip snarl (it's posted on the MeAgain topic).

I wanted to bring it over here because I have not seen MeAgain's lip get such a workout as it did today. It looked positively painful the way she was hiking up her lip. She's going to need an icepack on that thing.

image.png.e5e5b4c2d4430740720b62047fb464a6.png

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Meghan brings up hate crimes against Jewish people,  because Ana said snowflake? Makes sense?

The question was about the professor and the 1619 project so why being up the anti semitism?  That’s a topic on its own and perhaps should be part of the list next week but it had nothing to do with what they were discussing.  So once again she doesn’t answer the questions and veers off because she wants to make a statement on something else.  I’m Jewish and every time she talks about these issues or how her friends are Jewish I kind of cringe…it just doesn’t seem real.  

• Love 17

MeAgain says she's not a snowflake like Chris Cuomo. Then Ana disses people who call other people snowflakes!

MeAgain goes on a snarly OTT rant about the Cuomos. Then Sunny says this thing is "faux outrage coming from the right"!

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

something is not right with her.  

MM reminds me of a woman I once shared an office with. I always had to walk on eggshells around her because she had a terrible temper and one never knew what would set her off. She scared me, and all these years later I get a visceral reaction watching MM rant and rave. I wonder if the other ladies are keeping quiet because they are still remote, but it could be a major problem when they all get back together in the studio.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

MM reminds me of a woman I once shared an office with. I always had to walk on eggshells around her because she had a terrible temper and one never knew what would set her off. She scared me, and all these years later I get a visceral reaction watching MM rant and rave. I wonder if the other ladies are keeping quiet because they are still remote, but it could be a major problem when they all get back together in the studio.

I worked with someone like this too. She came from a humble background and had opposite politics of Meghan, but her personality was the exact same. It's like she looked for stuff to be ticked off by. A total Karen. 

5 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I wonder if the other ladies are keeping quiet because they are still remote, but it could be a major problem when they all get back together in the studio.

It could be considered a hostile work environment.  If Meghan treats her coworkers this way I can only imagine how she treats the backstage personnel.    Didn't she once say she had a horrible Uber rating?  I doubt she treats people who work for a living with any sort of respect.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

@RealHousewife, in my case, I highly suspect the woman was bipolar. That's my gut feeling, and I am not saying that she or MM have it. It makes for a very uncomfortable working environment, which is why I feel for both the other ladies on the panel and the crew..

@bannana, here's my shout-out to Ana and Sunny:

tenor.gif

• LOL 4
19 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

And why is she so enthralled and captivated About going to Vegas to drink and gamble and mingle?

I'm sure if most of us had her money we'd travel to a variety of places. It just shows how limited she is. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Meghan thinks the large age difference between Scott and Amelia is great because she wouldn't be here if it weren't for a large age gap? As if I didn't have enough reason to be against that relationship!!!

Seriously, it's creepy for man approaching 40 to be with someone who's still a teenager. As Joy said, when you're older, the years don't matter so much. They kinda matter when someone is barely out of high school and her brain isn't fully formed. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 15
(edited)

They say you can tell who a person really is by the way they treat others when nobody else is watching.  Apply that logic to this bitch.    She proudly treats people like absolute shit on live television with cameras pointed at her and hundreds of thousands of eyeballs on her without a care in the world!  So real life off-air Meghan must be a real peach!

Also interesting to note that McCain only ever gets her comeuppance on Fridays when Whoopi isn't there.   Seems as though the ladies feel free enough to get in some rightly deserved digs when the EGOT isn't there to c*ck block them by immediately going to commercial. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Seriously, it's creepy for man approaching 40 to be with someone who's still a teenager. As Joy said, when you're older, the years don't matter so mach. They kinda matter when someone is barely out of high school and her brain isn't fully formed. 

Very true. Ana even brought up the large age difference between her and Al (22 or 23 years, I believe), but she was well into her 40s when she married him. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, catlover79 said:

Very true. Ana even brought up the large age difference between her and Al (22 or 23 years, I believe), but she was well into her 40s when she married him. 

I wonder if Ana just didn't want to sound like a hypocrite. Even though her husband's old enough to be her dad, Ana isn't a kid. Her age gap is still too much for me personally because I'd want to grow old with someone. I'd hate still being so vibrant and my partner not being able to keep up and then the high possibility of being widowed young. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, bannana said:

Just watching the ep now, and MeAgain, when she was talking over Joy, said that the anti-vaxxers she knows are highly educated and from Los Angeles.

Is she buddies with the disgusting Jenny McCarthy? 

Also, dude... L. A. is filled with Scientologists.  It's pretty dumb to argue it's an intellect-heavy town. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2