Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/17/2021

• Start Topic

(edited)

The last thing Meghan wants to do is get into a verbal battle with Rachel Maddow.

Good God, why is Meg going ballistic?  Joy asked her a simple question and Meg went into Tasmanian devil mode. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16

Whoopi thinks there isn't a problem because one older actress (Helen Mirren) gets work... There obviously is and has been a problem for older women in film. She should know considering she's been confined to The View the past decade.

• Love 18
Just now, Sharper2002 said:

We would not be sending them our best.

The only good that could come out it would be if they thought that all the humans were like her, they would never return to Earth again.  The End. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, geekburger said:

Whoopi...listen to “your own” Science??

16 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Strum and drum. Whoopi?  You mean strum und drang?

I don't know if Whoopi's problem is she's smoking too much weed or not enough.  I can't tell anymore.  I do know that's she too close to her stash when she's working from home. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Whoopi thinks there isn't a problem because one older actress (Helen Mirren) gets work... There obviously is and has been a problem for older women in film. She should know considering she's been confined to The View the past decade.

A few years ago I read a book by two casting agents.  They said any part for a woman over the age of 50 goes to Meryl Streep first. If she declines then other women get considered.  There are not a lot of good parts for women over the age of 40 in Hollywood unless they themselves produce a project.  Reese Witherspoon does this a lot.

I think Whoopi is someone who works when she wants to.  I wonder when was the last time she actually sought out a part.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

The only good that could come out it would be if they thought that all the humans were like her, they would never return to Earth again.  The End. 

No way. If McCain was their first impression of humanity, they'd vaporize us ASAP.

• LOL 13
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Oh crap, you are so right!  ABORT THE PLAN.  ABORT THE PLAN!

LOL These alien jokes have been fun to think about. I can totally imagine what she’d be caterwauling, Karen that she is. “Do you know who my father was? I demand to speak to your managerleader!!”

• LOL 16
46 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

A few years ago I read a book by two casting agents.  They said any part for a woman over the age of 50 goes to Meryl Streep first. If she declines then other women get considered.  There are not a lot of good parts for women over the age of 40 in Hollywood unless they themselves produce a project.  Reese Witherspoon does this a lot.

I think Whoopi is someone who works when she wants to.  I wonder when was the last time she actually sought out a part.

Not sure if she sought this part out, but I think she was in a movie either last year or the year before that. It was when she had white dreads instead of her usual hair color. I also saw her in an ad for migraine medication a couple of weeks ago, which surprised me.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Not sure if she sought this part out, but I think she was in a movie either last year or the year before that. It was when she had white dreads instead of her usual hair color. I also saw her in an ad for migraine medication a couple of weeks ago, which surprised me.

If you are talking about the Stand I think the creators offered her the part.  And to be fair I do think she was right for the part.

I'm inclined to believe Whoopi thinks she shouldn't have to read or audition for a part.  She is an EGOT winner and people who have no awards but have reached a certain level of their career no longer have to read or audition.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I rarely listen to what Meghan says when she starts in on her "who I know" speeches but when she said she was concerned about Gaetz's lawyer looking like Jeff Goldblum in The Big Labowski all I could think of was if it HAD been Jeff Goldblum instead of Jeff Bridges that would have been a very different movie. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

She was so snobby and rude, lording her "many family and friends" who work on Capitol Hill. "I think I know more about this than you, Joy!" Good on Joy for finally pushing back on MM and calling out her hypocrisy. 

So Meghan says she knows lots of Republicans on Capitol Hill who are embarrassed about Gaetz. Ok. Then why aren't they speaking out?  That was the point Joy was making. Meghan's party continues to look the other way when their members do bad things.  

8 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Disagree, sure, but MeAgain doesn't argue, she goes ballistic. 

Because Meghan can't have a rational debate with anyone because the garbage she spews is so easily countered with facts and logic.  Two things she likes to discard if they don't fit her narrative. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Axie said:

Ironically, Meghan thinks people forget she has a baby.  I think you forget too, Meghan.

Yes, I keep going back to that.   Kids can contract Covid.  Meghan yelling about masks when she has a baby at home is idiotic.  

Yes, the CHANCE of a baby getting very ill is small, and the chance of her dying is even smaller.  But I look at it this way - the CHANCE of your baby dying in a car accident is also very small - and we still strap babies into carseats.   We protect our kids.  And wearing a mask is a way to protect your kid from you bringing home a virus. 

I'm stuck at work until this evening.  A Joy vs. Meghan fight?  Good thing I have it on DVR!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

I don't know if i remember this right but they had a guest, don't remember who.  He was somehow associated with the production.  Whoopi was very enthusiastic, a big King fan.  Then i think it was Joy who spoke up to put the bug in his ear about hiring Whoopi.  And the rest they say is Herstory!

2 hours ago, cslustig said:

So, let's talk about that five-alarm screaming match between Meghan and Joy. Relive the drama in today's View recap!

https://www.primetimer.com/theview/the-view-chaos-meghan-mccain-joy-behar-screaming

Bitch!  Shut Up Already!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

After seeing the clip, it's interesting how Meghan doesn't think the Republican party has to answer for Gaetz's behavior.  On Twitter yesterday, she said that EVERY SINGLE democrat in Congress needs to answer as to whether or not they agree with AOC on Israel.  

• Love 17

Brava Joy! finally somebody called Nutmeg out on the carpet for her hypocrisy. I have had enough of her to last me a lifetime.  What a hateful unhinged nasty vile disgusting bitch!

• Love 22
12 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

After seeing the clip, it's interesting how Meghan doesn't think the Republican party has to answer for Gaetz's behavior.  On Twitter yesterday, she said that EVERY SINGLE democrat in Congress needs to answer as to whether or not they agree with AOC on Israel.  

Hypocrisy thy name is Meghan McCain.

• Love 18
(edited)
47 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I really wish Meghan would STFU about foreign affairs. She barely understands issues we have HERE. We've heard her show support to Israel over and over and over. Got it Meghan! Do you care at all about Palestinian babies being killed???

It really disgusted me how rude she was to Joy too. Ugh. 

Honestly guys, I'm cool with swapping Meghan for an alien. 

Meghan, if you consider quitting The View every year, perhaps you should. I'm sure you can find work on Fox or with Ben Shabibo or something. Joy, NOT YOU! Please don't quit, and if you do, I hope it's not over the brat. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 14
54 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yup, she is 

Marilyn Monroe Dipshit GIF

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

You know, MeAgain said that her SIL is Kevin McCarthy's advisor and that she has a lot of friends and relatives on Capitol Hill, and she has better sourcing than Joy does. Hmmm...I wonder how her SIL is going to feel being outed for providing intel to MeAgain?

Joe Biden Smile GIF by GIPHY News

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan says she keeps getting pitched tough things. I'm going to need to see those receipts.  What is being offered to Meghan and who is offering it?

This. Who's stupid enough to think Meghan is smart enough for tough work?

• Love 14
56 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan says she keeps getting pitched tough things. I'm going to need to see those receipts.  What is being offered to Meghan and who is offering it?

Yes, this made no sense. As usual. Sara was basically talking about doing physical things, like she has been known to do on various shows. When has MeAgain done anything physical. The most movement she makes is when she jerks her head back and forth like the valley girl she is. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

So Joy asked Che about Elon Musk being on SNL and she said he was kind of different. Che responded to that and then Joy interrupted Sunny I think to tell Che he hadn't answered the question she asked, which she said was: why were you opposed to him being on.  But Joy never asked him that question! Che then answered that he wasn't opposed to him being on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4