Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/17/2021

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, After7Only said:

Sunny throws some pretty direct shade towards MM more often than Sarah and Ana but doesn't get the MM wrath like Sara/Ana/Joy.   Makes me wonder if they have some type of agreement.  

MM may be too dumb to understand that "her friend" Sunny's shade is directed at her because Sunny does not include a sneering "..., Meghan" at the end of her sentence like MM does when she disrespects Joy.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I'm afraid that at some point it might get so bad that she might actually physically go after someone - either on the panel or in the audience. She's never going to change, and I really wish the producers and ABC would own this.

Yes, the hatred she spews and her manner of expressing it is that deep--how she could pretend to be surprised on the show earlier this week that a supporter of hers participated in the insurrection after the kind of rage she deliberately helps to foster with her platform on this show is amazing--but I'd love for her to even try being physical with the other ladies. Except for Sara (because of her personality) and maybe Joy (because of her age), I have no doubt any one of the others would hand her her ass on a platter; big mouths like her are usually the weakest people in a fight, all talk and no action. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Sunny and Ana actually enjoyed kicking her ass. She might start it, but I have no doubt they'd be the ones to finish it. lmao

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, deirdra said:

MM may be too dumb to understand that "her friend" Sunny's shade is directed at her because Sunny does not include a sneering "..., Meghan" at the end of her sentence like MM does when she disrespects Joy.

Or - "...,Sara".

• Love 8
2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

MM reminds me of a woman I once shared an office with. I always had to walk on eggshells around her because she had a terrible temper and one never knew what would set her off. She scared me, and all these years later I get a visceral reaction watching MM rant and rave. I wonder if the other ladies are keeping quiet because they are still remote, but it could be a major problem when they all get back together in the studio.

It's called a personality disorder.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan thinks the large age difference between Scott and Amelia is great because she wouldn't be here if it weren't for a large age gap? As if I didn't have enough reason to be against that relationship!!!

Seriously, it's creepy for man approaching 40 to be with someone who's still a teenager. As Joy said, when you're older, the years don't matter so much. They kinda matter when someone is barely out of high school and her brain isn't fully formed. 

OK - my son told me that the rule of thumb for if someone is too young for you is -  

Half your age + 7.  that is the youngest age you can date someone, and it not be  creepy.  SO, you start from a small age difference, but as you get older the age difference that's acceptable is wider.  

I think it works fairly well across the lifespan. examples -   if your're 18, half your age + 7 is 16, so dating a 15 year old is creepy.   IF you're 70, it's 42 - anyone younger than that seems creepy.  Scott Disick is 37, so his number is 25.5.  dating a 19 year old seems creepy.    but in 20 years, it would be fine.  

of COURSE, it doesn't work for every case, there are always exceptions, and the "rule"  means a "creepy"  relationship gets less creepy as a couple ages. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Kromm said:

Is she buddies with the disgusting Jenny McCarthy? 

I wouldn't call Jenny McCarthy either highly intelligent or highly educated.

I'm a native Angeleno (and still live here), and I know a crap ton of highly intelligent people.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

OK - my son told me that the rule of thumb for if someone is too young for you is -  

Half your age + 7.  that is the youngest age you can date someone, and it not be  creepy.  SO, you start from a small age difference, but as you get older the age difference that's acceptable is wider.  

I think it works fairly well across the lifespan. examples -   if your're 18, half your age + 7 is 16, so dating a 15 year old is creepy.   IF you're 70, it's 42 - anyone younger than that seems creepy.  Scott Disick is 37, so his number is 25.5.  dating a 19 year old seems creepy.    but in 20 years, it would be fine.  

of COURSE, it doesn't work for every case, there are always exceptions, and the "rule"  means a "creepy"  relationship gets less creepy as a couple ages. 

Aside from the age difference, I just think that Scott Disick is a creepy, weird guy, based on what minimal gossip I've read, standing in line at the grocery store, or heard from some TV shows.  I have never, ever watched or followed anything "Kardashian", so I don't have a first hand opinion.   But, I do watch the RH of Beverly Hills, and Amelia Hamlin has her own serious issues, including battling an eating disorder.  From what I've seen of her, she is also pretty much a spoiled brat.  I think that this relationship of hers is going to be a problem for her.  She is a model, so I don't know how much financial support she is getting from her parents (to answer Sunny's question).

And, I found it pretty bizarre that Meghan didn't have more to offer on the subject (maybe they chose the opinion order on purpose, for that reason), except to say that her parents had a big age gap, especially since she is the "RH authority" on the show.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Aside from the age difference, I just think that Scott Disick is a creepy, weird guy, based on what minimal gossip I've read, standing in line at the grocery store, or heard from some TV shows.  I have never, ever watched or followed anything "Kardashian", so I don't have a first hand opinion.   But, I do watch the RH of Beverly Hills, and Amelia Hamlin has her own serious issues, including battling an eating disorder.  From what I've seen of her, she is also pretty much a spoiled brat.  I think that this relationship of hers is going to be a problem for her.  She is a model, so I don't know how much financial support she is getting from her parents (to answer Sunny's question).

And, I found it pretty bizarre that Meghan didn't have more to offer on the subject (maybe they chose the opinion order on purpose, for that reason), except to say that her parents had a big age gap, especially since she is the "RH authority" on the show.

I also don't watch The Kardashians but I do watch BH Housewives.  And I completely agree  Disick  comes off creepy even to someone that dosen't follow that families gossip. Rina's daughters are indeed insufferable spoiled brats, Lisa Rina can't control her 19 year old who makes her own money( sorry Sunny) she hardlyhad control of them before. Hopefully Scott moves on quickly and leave the young girl alone. But that whole group is sketchy, so I'm sure the Hamlin girl will find another shady character to date. Yes Meghan didnt add much but she did seem to be happy about the discussion,  not boring to her 😁

• Love 5

A few take-aways from the show on Friday...

1. The "Cuomo" incident is one of the biggest non-incidents the media has covered in a long time. What Andrew and his brother Chris do in their private time, off-air, is no one's business. Who cares if Chris is advising his brother ? 

As for Meganutz pretending that she would openly discuss any trouble her family was in on "The View" because that is her job, let me remind her of the national trouble her mother was in two years ago, for accusing a woman at an airport for 'child trafficking'. Not a word of it was mentioned on the show, even though the media covered it.

2. As for the non-issue of the D-list celebrity child dating another D-list celebrity 17 years her senior ? Who cares ? And for the record, her mother and father have 12 years between them, and no one ever cared.

Friday's show was careening into no-man's land until Greta stopped by and sold more crap from her garage. That killed the last ten minutes of airtime, since nothing seemed planned.

• Love 8
On 5/21/2021 at 11:37 AM, choclatechip45 said:

Chris Cuomo should not be on strategy calls with his brother team. I don't like the fact Ana and Sunny defended him. CNN should have made a strict rule that Chris Cuomo cannot cover his brother. Yes I get people are hired because they have connections, including Meghan. However, I would never describe Meghan as a journalist and I don't think she has either. She is a political commentator.  

Yes totally agree.  CNN dropped the ball big time. Total conflict of interest.   PC at best hah!  Seriously, Im not even sure about that.  It changes by day and by segment.  Whatever fits the narrative.  Hmm where have i read that heh.  Too many places to list! 

28 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Yes totally agree.  CNN dropped the ball big time. Total conflict of interest.   PC at best hah!  Seriously, Im not even sure about that.  It changes by day and by segment.  Whatever fits the narrative.  Hmm where have i read that heh.  Too many places to list! 

Fair. I am being generous about Meghan!