Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: I Got This Rat

• Start Topic

Sorry for double creating this topic! I didn't see it down here at the bottom 🙃

It feels weird to me that there are still a few of new episodes of this show in late May, but here we are. Hopefully OC continuing after SVU is hopefully going to have a regular finale means that the crossovers will stop? Or is SVU continuing in parallel for the next few weeks?

• Love 3

I knew that Gina was going to get made, but not that quickly. It’s been real I guess. 

Meanwhile Angela “ordered the hit” on the grounds that Richard brought up Stabler’s name during his illegal activities, claimed that he killed her son and she wanted him to make him suffer?  And she just believed him? Giiiiiiirl. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I'm really enjoying this show.  But I'm done with the old Benson/Stabler crap crossovers.  Hope those are over!  They need to let it sink or swim on it's own.

I didn't think Richie would actually kill Gina.  She was a good character and I'm bummed that her run is over.

Dylan McDermott is a good villain and nice to see Steve Harris from The Practice show up! 

• Love 14
(edited)
Spoiler

Ah , was really hoping for a twist with Gina and that she was not going to die which was telegraphed from the moment she was introduced. I knew she would die even if she was just a girlfriend and not a cop.  Is there any hope that the supposed "rat" saved her while he was "cleaning up the mess?"  

I thought that he would be involved with the ex wife, but maybe he is sleeping with Richard's daughter.  I find it interesting that they thought to sweep the Faraday room after Stabler asked him to place a mic down there.  I mean, he didn't do it before when he found one in the office.  To me that just telegraphed there was a mic.  I agree, surely if they have that much intel on Wheatley they know he is paranoid and would have camera's everywhere...which begs the question why her same camera did not pick up on them planting the one in the office.  I hate it when shows are sloppy like that. 

I dislike the stories where the bad guy is always one step ahead.  Maybe this is how Stabler becomes the leader....because if they have 3 failed busts in a row then the boss is looking bad without her family lawsuit....

Interesting that the whole family is corrupt without a decent one amongst them.  I wonder if Angela knows that he not only has her children making shady deals, but has turned them into actual murderers? 

Although I know realistically you have to plan and corroborate with other departments, but knowing how "powerful" Wheatley is you would have to think that someone in the police or DA's office is an informant for him. When you plan the bust the day before that gives someone plenty of time to give him a heads up.  Since two other times he was prepared for them you would think this would be a real fear.  That or you hold one key piece of info until the last minute....like the buyer is working with you. They could have planned that same bust without revealing that until the last minute on the comms which would give someone very little time to tip Wheatley off.  

I am trying to understand why telling someone that you want someone else to suffer is considering "ordering a hit."  But I missed the first 10 minutes so I don't know what she actually did.  It just seemed in her later conversation with Stabler she and Richard had a conversation and he said Stabler killed her son and did she want him dead, and she said "no I want him to suffer."  What are they holding her on? For wishing someone was dead? 

Love Steve Harris...so good to see him.  Will he have any episodes with Dylan McDermott???!!

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 8

I’m confused about this whole plot - so who exactly ordered the hit on Kathy, did Angela really do it or did Richard do it? Angela said she wanted Stabler to suffer but she didn’t say that she ordered the hit, so that implies her ex husband is the one who did, but why did the informant say that Angela did? This plot is just an overly complicated mess. 

I could see Gina’s death coming a mile away, it was obvious she was going to bite the dust all the way from the beginning of the season.

I like the squad and seeing them investigate, I just wish we got a lot more of them and a lot less of super villain Wheatley and his family. I’m ready for the whole Wheatley family to be put away for good, I’m glad there are just 2 more episodes left of this. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, catrice2 said:

Ah , was really hoping for a twist with Gina and that she was not going to die which was telegraphed from the moment she was introduced. I knew she would die even if she was just a girlfriend and not a cop.  Is there any hope that the supposed "rat" saved her while he was "cleaning up the mess?"  

I thought the same thing. He was trying to get rid of Richie before he shot her and then told him to leave and he'd clean up, so I immediately thought he's in on making her look dead.

I seem to be in the minority but I really can't stand Angela and hope she gets locked up for good and stays far away from Elliot. No way would the Elliot Stabler I watched for 12 seasons have anything to do with a person who was even remotely involved in his wife getting killed.

• Love 12

Nothing to see here.  Gina's offing was obvious from the start.  Why it took so long (because Wheatley is paranoid and the idea that he wouldn't have cameras even in his most secure room that he'd have scrubbed every day made no sense).  I also figured he'd send his enforcer to check that the son did what he'd been told.

What exactly is Angela being held for?  Is there any proof beside the informant?  But I went, "A Practice reunion...sort of," when I saw Steve Harris' name in the credits.  Angela may want to take down Richard because of her kids (especially since they're criminals and all) but she also doesn't want to get her hands dirty.  She can't have it both ways.

Wheatley obviously has moles in the police department so I pretty much expect for whatever operation they're gearing up for will totally go sideways.

I'll be glad when this storyline is resolved and Richard and his whole family can go ride off into the sunset never to return...preferably in jail.

• Love 2

Damn Gina...

Well, I will miss Charlotte Sullivan on this show as she's the only one who didn't suck. I was hoping that perhaps they could turn Richie or that the fixer guy would pretend to kill her, but then, yeah... Wonder how long it takes Bell to notice that she's missing? I wonder if she'll feel any remorse about how suggesting the fixer suggest looking for bugs in the wine cellar when they knew they had a bug in the wine cellar got Gina made.

The rest was meh. I just want Meloni and Dylan McDermott to make out already. I'm tired of the tough guy chat in a coffee shop nonsense (also I guess we've somehow moved forward in time to where having maskless in-person church and coffee inside is just a thing? Were there any masks in this episode?) I was also thinking that Wheatley was calling Elliot to tell him that he knew about the whole weird circle thing (I don't remember what it's called) and that meant he knew about Angela. It actually felt like restraint for him to not be Lex Luthor about that. But as mentioned by @catrice2 it seems like Wheatley would have moles in the NYPD (and wasn't Elliot suspecting that one of their own team members was one? But Bell said he was fine?), so it seems odd that he doesn't know they "have" her.

I did enjoy Elliot having to take down the naked guy in the bath house, though I did NOT believe that everyone outside of the treatment room was wandering around in towels (though I suppose that was to save NBC's blurcle budget).

Hanging a lampshade on the fact that the whole ESU team seemed to be beefy white male cops who don't want to take orders from a Black lady cop doesn't really do what they think it's doing, but I guess they are being realistic there. There's no way this bust does what they want it to do, but there's only two more Dylan McDermott episodes, so I'm very curious to see how they wrap this up somehow.

• Love 4
(edited)

I knew Gina would die but I didn't think Richie would do it. I'm still liking the show and it's much better without the SVU crossovers. It would be awesome if the enforcer was undercover or something and helped Gina but I doubt it.

So Richard told a lie to Angela that she didn't even check up on. Was Stabler even in the country when her son died? That wasn't the best excuse to make it Angel who ordered the hit. But also the dialog was kinda messy. Was the hit really just her yelling to one of Wheatley's men "I want him to lose someone" and Wheatley/the minion ran with it to hurt Stabler and have it be on Angela?

So the daughter who was so offended by her grandfather, actively is fine with ordering hits. But hey, she's not a racist so she's so morally superior. Racists and non-racists who are in organized crime and order people to die with ease are all scum with no ranking in my book. I'm waiting for the Wheatley kids to learn their beloved father killed their half brother, or maybe they won't care. 

Staber's "Jesus" after the fight with the naked Russians made me laugh. More of that please.  

I'm looking forward to see how this ends and Stabler and Bell finding out about Gina which will no doubt kick things into high gear. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Hanging a lampshade on the fact that the whole ESU team seemed to be beefy white male cops who don't want to take orders from a Black lady cop doesn't really do what they think it's doing, but I guess they are being realistic there. There's no way this bust does what they want it to do, but there's only two more Dylan McDermott episodes, so I'm very curious to see how they wrap this up somehow.

Especially since he was identified as 

a Captain, rank inflation maybe, and even if they were support for her operation she is still a mere Sergeant. With his demanding the informant's identity and the pause from the detectives it made me think Captain you were not trusted as a possible leak.

I guess daddy Wheatley wanted Richie to "make his bones" otherwise you could have played the undercover cop just like they left the bug in the wine cellar.  I like to think that since he is working both side Bekher has a chance to save Gina. Ritchie's first shot made me think of the westerns and the gut shot leaving the victim suffering for a while. And even his coup de grace may have been off target to tear through her heart. I did cringe that she had been a honey trap undercover since she was 21. Captain Benson should be investigating the NYPD for what they did to her.

7 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

The rest was meh. I just want Meloni and Dylan McDermott to make out already. I'm tired of the tough guy chat in a coffee shop nonsense (also I guess we've somehow moved forward in time to where having maskless in-person church and coffee inside is just a thing? Were there any masks in this episode?)

I think somebody had recently reached De Niro and Pacino in Heat. I understand that many places are more lax on shutdowns and masking but I have noticed the same on LA based shows. In places were masking and other countermeasures had a higher public acceptance the producers gave up on the concept. Some had already time jumped over to an optimistic future but their plot still had people in line waiting for their priority group to get vaccines

• Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, catrice2 said:
  Reveal spoiler

I am trying to understand why telling someone that you want someone else to suffer is considering "ordering a hit."  But I missed the first 10 minutes so I don't know what she actually did.  It just seemed in her later conversation with Stabler she and Richard had a conversation and he said Stabler killed her son and did she want him dead, and she said "no I want him to suffer."  What are they holding her on? For wishing someone was dead? 

Love Steve Harris...so good to see him.  Will he have any episodes with Dylan McDermott???!!

I wonder if it's like when you kill someone in the commission of another crime, like a robbery, it's felony murder?  She wanted him to suffer so even if she didn't want him to die, she knew there would be an illegal act committed?  But I agree, it seems weak.

I hope we get to see Dylan and Steve together!!  I always though SH was so talented.  LOVED Eugene! I got such a 90's flashback when I saw him.  Maybe other Practice cast members will show up!

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Damn Gina...

Well, I will miss Charlotte Sullivan on this show as she's the only one who didn't suck. I was hoping that perhaps they could turn Richie or that the fixer guy would pretend to kill her, but then, yeah... Wonder how long it takes Bell to notice that she's missing? I wonder if she'll feel any remorse about how suggesting the fixer suggest looking for bugs in the wine cellar when they knew they had a bug in the wine cellar got Gina made.

The rest was meh. I just want Meloni and Dylan McDermott to make out already. I'm tired of the tough guy chat in a coffee shop nonsense (also I guess we've somehow moved forward in time to where having maskless in-person church and coffee inside is just a thing? Were there any masks in this episode?) I was also thinking that Wheatley was calling Elliot to tell him that he knew about the whole weird circle thing (I don't remember what it's called) and that meant he knew about Angela. It actually felt like restraint for him to not be Lex Luthor about that. But as mentioned by @catrice2 it seems like Wheatley would have moles in the NYPD (and wasn't Elliot suspecting that one of their own team members was one? But Bell said he was fine?), so it seems odd that he doesn't know they "have" her.

I did enjoy Elliot having to take down the naked guy in the bath house, though I did NOT believe that everyone outside of the treatment room was wandering around in towels (though I suppose that was to save NBC's blurcle budget).

Not to mention they both know he is watching one or both of them since he knew they had been together at her apartment.  No way he doesn't know where she is and they should know that, and I don't see her not being aware of his "eye in the sky," which is why it is comical that it would not have picked up Gina talking to the team leader.   

Again, who in that position who has security cameras does not check them daily?? 

• Love 1
(edited)

It really sucks that Gina is dead, I liked her a lot and many of her scenes were the best on the show. I thought she could maybe make it out, that the bodyguard who the cops turned would only pretend to kill her, but I guess she really is dead. Unless of course he gets her to a hospital, and yeah in real life two bullets to the gut would probably kill you easily but this is television so there is always a chance. Angela might might want to keep her kids out of the criminal life, but they both seem up to their necks in it, just like her deceased son. 

I find the whole series of events leading up to Angela ordering the hit that killed Kathy to be really confusing, and pretty disappointingly lame as the answer to the mystery that started the whole show. It wasn't even really Angela I don't think. Why exactly did Richard give her Elliot's name as her sons killer in particular? He was trying to blame the cops to keep her from realizing she killed her son (who was also apparently a real idiot to skim from his scary mob boss stepdad) but why some random guy who was doing work abroad at the time who he apparently had no real connection to besides just working on the organized crime beat? In fact, wasn't Elliot still abroad at the time her son was killed? If he wanted to set a cop up, why not a cop who was on this continent? So Richard gave her the name of some random cop, and she just bought it without checking up on any details, despite her knowing how sketchy her ex is, she was all "kill his family!" so the hitman conveniently placed in the same room just went out and did it? Or did Richard specifically tell his hitmen that this was all Angela's idea? I guess she was grief stricken, but come on she just bought that? Everything he said even when it could easily be checked on and shown as a lie? This just seems like such a weird convoluted answer to the mystery, it feels like they wanted to have the big shock at the end of last weeks episode of them dropping Angela as the killer, but they didn't really want her to be the bad guy, so they tried to majorly lighten up what she actually did and lay just about all the blame on Richard. I am also disappointed that it really was just someone trying to mess with Elliot, Kathy has never gotten a whole lot in terms of characterization so I was actually interested in her maybe having her own past or some of her own agency in her backstory that got her killed, but no she was just stuffed into a fridge as collateral damage for Elliot, for something he didn't even do. 

Going forward can we stop with the constant crossovers now? Its just annoying, I do not care about the Benson/Stabler drama. They are also apparently turning the thing with Bell's nephew into a subplot, which is fine but I would really like to get to know some of the rest of their team, no one but Bell has really gotten any real characterization besides their jobs. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

It really sucks that Gina is dead, I liked her a lot and many of her scenes were the best on the show. I thought she could maybe make it out, that the bodyguard who the cops turned would only pretend to kill her, but I guess she really is dead. Unless of course he gets her to a hospital, and yeah in real life two bullets to the gut would probably kill you easily but this is television so there is always a chance. Angela might might want to keep her kids out of the criminal life, but they both seem up to their necks in it, just like her deceased son. 

I find the whole series of events leading up to Angela ordering the hit that killed Kathy to be really confusing, and pretty disappointingly lame as the answer to the mystery that started the whole show. It wasn't even really Angela I don't think. Why exactly did Richard give her Elliot's name as her sons killer in particular? He was trying to blame the cops to keep her from realizing she killed her son (who was also apparently a real idiot to skim from his scary mob boss stepdad) but why some random guy who was doing work abroad at the time who he apparently had no real connection to besides just working on the organized crime beat? In fact, wasn't Elliot still abroad at the time her son was killed? If he wanted to set a cop up, why not a cop who was on this continent? So Richard gave her the name of some random cop, and she just bought it without checking up on any details, despite her knowing how sketchy her ex is, she was all "kill his family!" so the hitman conveniently placed in the same room just went out and did it? Or did Richard specifically tell his hitmen that this was all Angela's idea? I guess she was grief stricken, but come on she just bought that? Everything he said even when it could easily be checked on and shown as a lie? This just seems like such a weird convoluted answer to the mystery, it feels like they wanted to have the big shock at the end of last weeks episode of them dropping Angela as the killer, but they didn't really want her to be the bad guy, so they tried to majorly lighten up what she actually did and lay just about all the blame on Richard. I am also disappointed that it really was just someone trying to mess with Elliot, Kathy has never gotten a whole lot in terms of characterization so I was actually interested in her maybe having her own past or some of her own agency in her backstory that got her killed, but no she was just stuffed into a fridge as collateral damage for Elliot, for something he didn't even do. 

Going forward can we stop with the constant crossovers now? Its just annoying, I do not care about the Benson/Stabler drama. They are also apparently turning the thing with Bell's nephew into a subplot, which is fine but I would really like to get to know some of the rest of their team, no one but Bell has really gotten any real characterization besides their jobs. 

They gave the explanation for the hit on Stabler but not his wife in the promo for the finale 

• Useful 2
53 minutes ago, mommalib said:

I'm I the only one that thinks Gina is still alive? I'm thinking maybe the enforcer helped her since he's working with Stabler, Bell and company.

Not just you. I thought it was at least a possibility. I missed who Wheatley said would set the son up with a clean gun, but assumed it was the enforcer guy, so he'd be tipped off to what was happening. She may be dead, but I immediately thought the enforcer might have given Gina the heads up and she'd come prepared with a vest and dye packets. Especially with the enforcer offering to handle it for Richie. Although still risky as Richie could've shot her in the head. But he did try and get Richie to leave first.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, catrice2 said:
Spoiler

Is there any hope that the supposed "rat" saved her while he was "cleaning up the mess?"  

Spoiler

I can't help but wonder about this: I thought the focus on Gina's hand (holding something?) above the pooling blood makes me think there might have been a squib involved. Longest of longshots, I know.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mommalib said:

I'm I the only one that thinks Gina is still alive? I'm thinking maybe the enforcer helped her since he's working with Stabler, Bell and company.

I really want to believe that as she's still my favorite part of the show until Stabler takes his shirt off, but I thought the way they panned to the copious amount of blood pooling on the pavement meant she was dunzo. Her outfit didn't seem to lend itself to wearing a vest IMO, but his shots were in the stomach and in the "armpit chest" for lack of a better term, so I supposed the fixer could get her patched up if Richie left quickly. Since he didn't fire a headshot, anything's possible, but it seemed to me that she's dead.

• LOL 3
(edited)

Wheatley is either an idiot or they wanted to show his ego is out of control. It doesn't matter if they find a body or not, an undercover cop goes missing after being at his house, he can still be arrested for her murder.

As for Gina, first shot was in the gut, second upper chest, if that one missed the heart or major arteries, she would have to get to a hospital very quickly. But it is TV so she could still be alive. In reality, she would probably bleed out in 5 minutes.

Edited by edhopper
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, edhopper said:

Wheatley is either an idiot or they wanted to show his ego is out of control. It doesn't matter if they find a body or not, an undercover cop goes missing after being at his house, he can still be arrested for her murder.

As for Gina, first shot was in the gut, second upper chest, if that one missed the heart or major arteries, she would have to get to a hospital very quickly. But it is TV so she could still be alive. In reality, she would probably bleed out in 5 minutes.

Bekher has IDF combat training if I recall his bio correctly so I would guess her ultimate survival depends upon the actress's Q rating. For the show she can't go back undercover, unless she can like Vinnie Terranova, but the NYPD would owe her something.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, mommalib said:

Nope. I think & hope Gina is still alive too. When Izak volunteers to clean up the mess, I take it as he is rescuing her. I only like 2 characters in this show - Elliot & Gina.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, mommalib said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Also when her and Ritchie were firing the gun she had possession of it and the light bulbs when off in her head as soon as they had a conversation without her present. Either she subsituted somekind of dummy or fake round or she did indeed where a vest. It was a safe bet someone she knew wouldn't shoot her in the face so fake rounds or vest. But to me as soon as I saw the enforcer I'd say it was a staged death. 

Could be wrong, when they showed the pooling 'blood' at the end it could've been a faked fake death. Eh, will see.

• Love 1

As usual, the plot leaves me with questions in terms of how real life works- at least in my mind:

1. How did Angela get arrested for the murder of Kathy?  If it was soley on the word on an UC,  then that UC would have to be openly identified, or her civil rights would be violated.  And if the rat hitman was identified, then what is he doing out and about in public and participating on a hit?    Why does Angela want to rot in a cell instead of being free?  Even if she couldn't afford the bail, Wheatley would take care of her.

2.    There's no case against Angela that a jury would convict her on.  She didn't order the hit.  Why is she spilling her guts to Elliott,  saying how she wanted him to suffer, like she suffered?  She's supposed to be highly intelligent but she never even consulted with an attorney. 

3.  Richie is not mob material.  He doesn't have the brains, street smarts, nor ability to be the muscle (due to his aversion to murder).   The daughter- has she been involved in murders before because Wheatley mentioned something about her potentially cleaning up Richie's mess again?  The mob is sexist (and racist) and women cannot be inducted as made members, unless something changed recently.

4.  The crime family is the Guardo crime family.  I'm assuming that Chazz P was the boss.  Still don't know what Wheatley's role is.  He doesn't meet with capos or underlings.  He spends more time with his blood family over his crime family.  He barely spoke to his father and was disrespectful when he did.  But he works together with other mobsters with his data center.  So, if he's in the mob, I'm still curious about his role and title.

5.  Stabler was emotionally distraught to learn it was Angela who wanted Kathy to suffer.  When Stabler goes through hell, it makes the show worth it for me- I consider it karma.  These mobsters are tougher than the pedophiles, pimps, and college kids that Stabler used to bully and smack around without repurcussions.  So far, he's been beaten up, shot at (twice), watched his wife die over his job, had an intervention, and was betrayed by his potential new girlfriend.   Not bad for a season.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, melon said:

Stabler was emotionally distraught to learn it was Angela who wanted Kathy to suffer.  When Stabler goes through hell, it makes the show worth it for me- I consider it karma.

Angela wanted Stabler to suffer the loss of someone he loved, like she was going through. If her story is true, she didn't actually break the law, even knowing what her husband she can claim she was just venting her grief and not entering into a conspiracy.

However, of her story is true, none of it makes sense. I can't tell if there are massive plot holes or if there's a surprise/twist coming up. I still think Angela is more involved, I'm holding out that she might even be the brains behind Wheatley's business.

I thought Gina was totally dead but reading these posts I hope they're right and there's a last minute save.

I liekt he show, I love Stabler and I'm a fan of Meloni, he's pretty entertaining in every show I've seen him in. I also like the team and, the Mom/Dad scenario with Stabler and Bell.  

I'm not sure I like this format for a full or even half season but, I'm OK with not going to crime of the week/standard L&O format. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I really want to believe that as she's still my favorite part of the show until Stabler takes his shirt off, but I thought the way they panned to the copious amount of blood pooling on the pavement meant she was dunzo. Her outfit didn't seem to lend itself to wearing a vest IMO, but his shots were in the stomach and in the "armpit chest" for lack of a better term, so I supposed the fixer could get her patched up if Richie left quickly. Since he didn't fire a headshot, anything's possible, but it seemed to me that she's dead.

Well, one of the shows stars had a picture on Instagram saying goodbye and IMBD only had the character up until this episode. I guess they could be holding back or maybe even after fan reaction there will be a "plot twist" and the character  will be brought back next year......but highly  unlikely. 

Would be fun though! 

• Useful 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, edhopper said:

Wheatley is either an idiot or they wanted to show his ego is out of control.

Part of me would say that these things aren't mutually exclusive, but I think they really are trying to show that Wheatley's ego is completely out of control -- and maybe even that he's losing his grip entirely. Stabler's righteous nothing-left-to-lose fury and Wheatley's evil crazypantsness are on a collision course, no doubt.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

That is when most people make their biggest mistakes, when they lose control of their emotions.

They're banking on it with Angela's plan, with Wheatley's weakest point being his ego, according to her. Killing any more of Angela's children might prove counterproductive.

• Love 2

Bekhar provided the gun and bullets, right?  That means, in theory, the bullets could have been doctored.  Gina couldn't have been wearing a protective vest, you would have seen it through her outfit.  I did notice that Gina wasn't in pain, the way I believed a person shot in the stomach would have been.

• Love 2
On 5/20/2021 at 11:05 PM, SuzieQ said:

I'm really enjoying this show.  But I'm done with the old Benson/Stabler crap crossovers.  Hope those are over!  They need to let it sink or swim on its own.

I didn't think Richie would actually kill Gina.  She was a good character and I'm bummed that her run is over.

Dylan McDermott is a good villain and nice to see Steve Harris from The Practice show up! 

Yea, I think the crossover adds more to the mix that the audience doesn't need. The crossovers make it seem like you need to watch SVU but I watched SVU for a really long time until I got tired of it and I have no desire to return. There are so many characters in OC who don't know Stabler's backstory that he can tell it to them and new viewers get just enough information without the crossovers. 

I really liked Gina, too. I was impressed with her skills and the way she switched up so well. It was so sad when she said (and I think it was true) that she had been undercover since she was 21. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I can’t believe so many people are/were fans of Gina. I thought the actress was okay but the character was blah and the whole honeypot storyline was silly. And I hate to be mean but if Richie had half of brain, he would have suspected something was up with her from the get-go. I pegged her as a plant/cop from the jump. It’s too bad the Dylan is one arc and done - he has chemistry with everyone and I wish the show had more time to explore the relationship between him and the daughter. The son is a total total waste of space and screen time. 

And her death scene was silly. I may be the only one but I hope she really is dead. 

Edited by ShellsandCheese
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Wizardpatch said:

Has killing an undercover cop ever saved someone from arrest on a tv show? 

Especially in this case when the daughter had already shown understanding of the concept of feeding false information to her enemy by letting the bug stay active. Maybe Gina would have figured out that she was blown anyway but her primary mission of gathering information was over, alive as well  dead only without  having the son carry a capital crime charge as he waited for the state to find out about and exploit..

I'm having trouble following the timeline.  When did Angela's son die?  Stabler has been in Italy for what, 10 years?  And how does 1 detective lead a 'task force' that ends up with her son dead? Isn't that like above his pay grade?  Where did Wheatley pull Eliot's name from, was it just random?  Sorry, just really confused  here.

And yeah, the 'clean up on Aisle 5' guy is going to get Gina out of there just fine.  She definitely did something fishy with her hands.  And she's too savvy not to know something was up with Richie.

• Love 1

I'm not sure Angela is telling the whole truth now; she may have been a lot more active in ordering the hit than she's making it seem to Elliot. She's always seemed like she has more brains than her ex, and she may have contingency plans for getting caught. That said, I did get the impression she may have genuinely been in hardcore denial about Wheatley killing her son (and I liked Elliot steamrolling right over her protests about not wanting to know the details - even if she's telling the truth, she knew what she was doing when she said she wanted him to lose the person he loves the most and as such, she has lost the right to ask anything of him). I guess that still leaves the question of why did Wheatley choose Elliot to frame and why was Elliot's information in Rafiq's office to begin with.

I knew Gina was doomed, but man, she really got Adrianna-ed. 

• Love 3
On 5/21/2021 at 3:16 PM, mommalib said:

not alone at all.  I have a feeling that enforcer guy switched out some bullets or something.  Isn't he like a guns guru or something?  and he did send the kid away so he can clean up the mess.  

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Cristofle said:

I knew Gina was doomed, but man, she really got Adrianna-ed. 

That was my thought, exactly, in a good way.  From the beginning, I was hoping that the show would have been SVU meets the Sopranos.  But the OC side of the seris has been missing a great number of details.  One accurate depiction of OC is  that when you're verified to be a rat, then that's the end of you.  It reminded me very much of when Silvio had to bring Adrianna to the hospital to see a grief stricken Chris.  And stone cold killer Chris couldn't kill his fiance.  But Gina was way too cool staring down the barrel of a gun, compared to a frantic Adrianna, which makes a case of her death being faked.

I know that many posters want Gina to be alive, but if it turns out that they used blanks/ketchup to fake her death, I'll be disappointed because it will deviate from real life.  It's a struggle to believe Bekhar hasn't had his secret leaked out.

Edited by melon
  • Love 2
(edited)

I am not so sure Gina is dead.  Wheatley told Bekher to give Richie a "clean' gun.  It was not Richie's personal weapon.  He could have given Richie a trick movie gun with blood spatter bullets.  Now Bekher has Richie on his side and witnessed Richie making "his bones".  And Richie vouches for Bekher.  

Edited by Arthur Jury
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I watched the murder again on youtube (I hope it's ok that I post this).  The gun didn't have blanks.  And Gina couldn't have been wearing a protective vest.  I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by melon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/20/2021 at 11:03 PM, mtlchick said:

Meanwhile Angela “ordered the hit” on the grounds that Richard brought up Stabler’s name during his illegal activities, claimed that he killed her son and she wanted him to make him suffer?  And she just believed him? Giiiiiiirl. 

If that’s true, she’s dumber than Marcia Gay Harden in Mystic River. She knew what Richard was, and yet she buys his story.