Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father

• Start Topic

On 5/4/2023 at 8:00 PM, Kellyee said:

And it still creeps me out that she got into a plural marriage with her ex-sister in law's (Meri's) husband. 

Absolutely! And her mom “married” Kody’s dad…. So technically, she “was married” to her step brother which is perhaps even more awkward than marrying your ex brother in law/or alternatively marrying your ex sister-in law’s husband.  Ok, no blood ties of course but messy…. Definitely! And confusing!

• Like 9
(edited)
On 4/22/2023 at 1:32 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

I think the rag source is Robyn. For at least 8 years, I've thought Robyn's job in the family businesses is social media policing/trolling. She's the junkyard dog since they fell out with Kendra. Jmo. 

I really really really want Christine to tell Robyn that she "gets it now" - she's realized she should have saved her cookie for David.

On 4/21/2023 at 5:30 PM, BnJJ said:

They would have to be monumentally stupid to store guns and amo in boxes, whether in the house or in the garage. 

There was a large gun safe in Christine's garage and I had assumed that was their personal "collection".

Christine using the Vegas shooting as one of her main reasons for wanting to move away always rubbed me the wrong way, considering how they earn family money.

If they were keeping a substantial gun/ammo inventory IN THEIR HOME WHERE THEIR CHILDREN SLEEP in an unprotected cul de sac, I can see wanting to get out of a high crime city. They'd be a huge soft target, and I wouldn't put it past Kody to broadcast all the cool stuff he has at home.

Edited by kassa
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, kassa said:

If they were keeping a substantial gun/ammo inventory IN THEIR HOME WHERE THEIR CHILDREN SLEEP in an unprotected cul de sac, I can see wanting to get out of a high crime city. They'd be a huge soft target, and I wouldn't put it past Kody to broadcast all the cool stuff he has at home.

Over the years people have seen large gun safes in the background on the show. Most likely everything is locked and secured.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Over the years people have seen large gun safes in the background on the show. Most likely everything is locked and secured.

Yes, hopefully all is safe and locked away. I wouldn’t put my money on it though…We’re talking about one of the biggest idiots on earth after all! 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

You can lock things away nicely, but when a group of men with guns show up and tell you to open the gun safe, you open the gun safe.

I am having flashbacks to years ago when a friend's husband who was a very minor (basically recreational) drug dealer got drunk and bragged at some bar about how much he had and they had a home invasion as a result.  She escaped safely, but her dogs were killed and her idiot husband (now ex) wasn't even home. 

They lived in a nice suburb in a nice neighborhood - he just ran his mouth off in the wrong place at the wrong time, which I can totally see Kody doing.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, kassa said:

I really really really want Christine to tell Robyn that she "gets it now" - she's realized she should have saved her cookie for David.

And that yes, Robyn can now consider her divorced😜

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
22 hours ago, kassa said:

You can lock things away nicely, but when a group of men with guns show up and tell you to open the gun safe, you open the gun safe.

I am having flashbacks to years ago when a friend's husband who was a very minor (basically recreational) drug dealer got drunk and bragged at some bar about how much he had and they had a home invasion as a result.  She escaped safely, but her dogs were killed and her idiot husband (now ex) wasn't even home. 

They lived in a nice suburb in a nice neighborhood - he just ran his mouth off in the wrong place at the wrong time, which I can totally see Kody doing.

This. Keep that kind of stuff quiet. Same goes for supplies and stores of food and medicine. 

• Like 11

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but here goes. I found some photos of Winn Brown's family, with a pic of young K. Then I looked at Winn's obit, googled his dad's name, found a pic if young Winn (Gabe looks just like Winn). Winn's dad Alma Brown's obit lists two wives. 

Iirc, Kody said he was raised Mainstream, his parents commited to living The Principle when he was on his LDS mission. And that may very well be true, but obviously he wasn't unfamiliar with it. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but here goes. I found some photos of Winn Brown's family, with a pic of young K. Then I looked at Winn's obit, googled his dad's name, found a pic if young Winn (Gabe looks just like Winn). Winn's dad Alma Brown's obit lists two wives. 

Iirc, Kody said he was raised Mainstream, his parents commited to living The Principle when he was on his LDS mission. And that may very well be true, but obviously he wasn't unfamiliar with it. 

I’m shocked!  Shocked I say they kootie would go into something with studying and understanding.  And thinking ….

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
11 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

He wasn’t married to them at the same time. They married 30 years apart. His first wife died in 1959, he remarried a few years after that.

• Like 4
  • Useful 7

Crystal Ball is alleging that the Coyote Pass property has been paid off and those last two pieces are now out of Robyn's name and in Janelle's and Kody's names.  She apparently also thinks she's a lawyer interpreting Arizona property law.  

• Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Crystal Ball is alleging that the Coyote Pass property has been paid off and those last two pieces are now out of Robyn's name and in Janelle's and Kody's names.  She apparently also thinks she's a lawyer interpreting Arizona property law.  

Some of the comments stated that probably Janelle was the only one who had enough credit to either get a loan to finish paying off the land or used her own money to pay off the land.  And probably the stipulation being that Robyn was removed from the property deed.

• Like 9
  • Useful 6
On 4/22/2023 at 12:32 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

I think the rag source is Robyn. For at least 8 years, I've thought Robyn's job in the family businesses is social media policing/trolling. She's the junkyard dog since they fell out with Kendra. Jmo. 

Ooo! Junkyard Dog! Somebody’s got herself a new nickname!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
On 6/21/2023 at 7:32 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Some of the comments stated that probably Janelle was the only one who had enough credit to either get a loan to finish paying off the land or used her own money to pay off the land.  And probably the stipulation being that Robyn was removed from the property deed.

If there’s any truth in the posts about her Plexus earnings, this could be entirely plausible. But for Janelle’s sake, I hope it’s not true. We know CP is her dream property. But some experienced posters out here pointed out that the land would need a lot of time-consuming and costly work (like applications, electricity, water amenities etc) before she can even start building. If Kody and Robyn have no plans to start building soon (which is likely) then it will all come down to just her, which makes it even harder and more costly.

I’d love to know the real story about Kody having taken Robyn off the deed (assuming the story is true). If so, it would be a devastating blow to their egos, with Janelle calling the shots now and side-lining Robyn! It also shows how sour the relationships have become. (Why is Janelle even taking the chance of moving there with R&K as potential neighbours?)

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, LilyD said:

If there’s any truth in the posts about her Plexus earnings, this could be entirely plausible. But for Janelle’s sake, I hope it’s not true. We know CP is her dream property. But some experienced posters out here pointed out that the land would need a lot of time-consuming and costly work (like applications, electricity, water amenities etc) before she can even start building. If Kody and Robyn have no plans to start building soon (which is likely) then it will all come down to just her, which makes it even harder and more costly.

I’d love to know the real story about Kody having taken Robyn off the deed (assuming the story is true). If so, it would be a devastating blow to their egos, with Janelle calling the shots now and side-lining Robyn! It also shows how sour the relationships have become. (Why is Janelle even taking the chance of moving there with R&K as potential neighbours?)

I also hope she isn’t moving on this. Kody and Robyn could just sit back and watch Janelle do all the work. Although, it would be fun for Janelle to have power over those two — “You two OWE ME”.

Several weeks ago I read a blurb that Kody was looking for somewhere “cheaper” to live and that another move was on the horizon for him. Why would he want to stay in expensive flagstaff with Janelle now (possibly) being able to lord over him and Robyn?

That said however, I could see Janelle contently co-existing, minding her own business and keeping her distance if they did build out there. She’s been standing up to Kody and now she may just have the power in her hands. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, LilyD said:

But some experienced posters out here pointed out that the land would need a lot of time-consuming and costly work (like applications, electricity, water amenities etc) before she can even start building. If Kody and Robyn have no plans to start building soon (which is likely) then it will all come down to just her, which makes it even harder and more cost

If Janelle still entertains the vision of herself as the Farmer in the Dell, she would be well advised to seek greener pastures in a more fertile landscape.

As you say, the cost of running utilities would be staggering plus building greenhouses and hauling tons of topsoil (who would eat anything grown in contaminated dirt?).

The end result would be her sitting out there on the lonely Prairie with the possibility of Kody and crew as neighbors without even a few oxygen and privacy producing trees on her land.

No thanks.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Janelle comes across as very stubborn. Once she sets her mind to something she will not waver. She sunk a reported $80,000 into an RV that uses infrequently. Now she thinks she can build on that land and grow vegtables. Good luck with that Janelle. She doesn't give off the impression that she a lot of energy or the ability to plant and tend to crops. She has thrown away her inheritance and retirement money on helping to finance the Brown family home in Utah and the Robyn Brown house in Flagstaff. Now she is going to blow money on Prairie dog Plague property?  Maybe she should take a page from Christine and Meri's book and cut her loses and go somewhere more affordable. Then she could buy or build a nice new house with little maintenance.

• Like 14
29 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Janelle comes across as very stubborn. Once she sets her mind to something she will not waver.

If I hadn’t seen her do a reversal in moving to Flagstaff, and all Gabe went through, I might have agreed at some point.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I’ve always thought that Janelle wasn’t particularly happy in Vegas. Too hot, too urban. She always seemed to prefer the more quieter and rural areas, so maybe that’s why she changed her mind after giving it some consideration?

I also suspect that Janelle felt that she and Kody still stood a fair chance as a couple back then. She was always easily influenced by Kody; anything to keep him happy, even moving again. It all changed in Flagstaff where he abandoned them all.  In my opinion, the trailer thing was a final desperate attempt to force her hand. It didn’t work, but it did make her realise that that’s where she wanted to be. Stupid? Yes, but like so many have pointed out, a typical Janelle thing.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Has anyone else been seeing the rumors about Kody and Robyn possibly being separated? Articles are saying he is living in an RV amid a possible feud with Robyn.

I know it’s gossip, but all those gossip about the demise of Brangelina turned out to be true so, ya never know. Here’s one article on it: 

https://www.tvseasonspoilers.com/news/sister-wives-kody-brown-kicked-out-of-robyns-house-living-in-an-rv-with-dayton/amp/

• Applause 1
  • Useful 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Has anyone else been seeing the rumors about Kody and Robyn possibly being separated? Articles are saying he is living in an RV amid a possible feud with Robyn.

I know it’s gossip, but all those gossip about the demise of Brangelina turned out to be true so, ya never know. Here’s one article on it: 

https://www.tvseasonspoilers.com/news/sister-wives-kody-brown-kicked-out-of-robyns-house-living-in-an-rv-with-dayton/amp/

The article seems to be pure speculation, but I'm here for it!  Interesting that it mentioned his apparent rejection by two "potential" wives, and I'm sure a search for new wives would certainly set Robyn off.  I guess he needs some new material for the series to survive. 

Edited by suzeecat
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Yeah, sounds more like sound bites to get people to watch the next, hopefully last season. 

Although if true, I'll be there to watch the collapse, couldn't happen to a "better" pair. I figured Robyn would bail as soon as the big $$ disappeared, but if this is true she is probably already "getting her scent" out there. 

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Yeah, sounds more like sound bites to get people to watch the next, hopefully last season. 

Although if true, I'll be there to watch the collapse, couldn't happen to a "better" pair. I figured Robyn would bail as soon as the big $$ disappeared, but if this is true she is probably already "getting her scent" out there. 

I kinda want it to be true. I’ll be there for it (oh c’mon let’s face it I’ll be there anyways but this would be bonus). 

Robyn perhaps moaning about the end of the money train when the show ends, Kody not being able to afford her lavish lifestyle and Robyn unwilling to work- but she needs those VS clothes ya know (and I get it, they’re nice).  They argue, he moves out to the dog house.

Please let it be true. Robyn the Destructor, ruiner of the whole family. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I kinda want it to be true. I’ll be there for it (oh c’mon let’s face it I’ll be there anyways but this would be bonus). 

Robyn perhaps moaning about the end of the money train when the show ends, Kody not being able to afford her lavish lifestyle and Robyn unwilling to work- but she needs those VS clothes ya know (and I get it, they’re nice).  They argue, he moves out to the dog house.

Please let it be true. Robyn the Destructor, ruiner of the whole family. 

Oh she is done with VS, she is now shopping at Marge's House of Polyester and Aging Looks.  

I know I have said this as have many others.  That woman is aging worse than dog years.  Looking back a scant 10 years, she went from looking exactly like Brianna does now to a bitter, scowl-y, doughy faced, toothbrush shaped eyebrow hag.  WHAT THE FUCK DOES KODY TO TO THEIR FACES???!!!!!  Christine leaves and looks a decade younger.  From her clothes to her face and how she carries herself.  Not looking good Robyn!  Insides matches her outside I 'spose

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

We couldn’t actually believe what most of them were saying on the show, so I believe none of the rags and their “sources”.

True, but it is fun to pretend that it is true. LOL!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

WHAT THE FUCK DOES KODY TO TO THEIR FACES???!!!!!  Christine leaves and looks a decade younger. 

I think it's stress. Stress tends to do these things to your body and once the source of all tension is removed your body can start recovering. Robyn is carrying the entire burden now and is obviously struggling. Both Janelle and Christine have escaped and both look visibly younger, happier, and more relaxed.

I also suspect Kody literally drains people of (positive) energy and wears them out, simply by being in their presence.  It's hard to explain, but I'm sure some of you will recognize the following;  a certain friend or relative comes to visit, feeling exhausted and depressed but when they leave, they're feeling a lot better whilst you're exhausted or having a major headache... And it always happens when you're around the same people. Kody is like that too....

• Like 16
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, LilyD said:

I think it's stress. Stress tends to do these things to your body and once the source of all tension is removed your body can start recovering. Robyn is carrying the entire burden now and is obviously struggling. Both Janelle and Christine have escaped and both look visibly younger, happier, and more relaxed.

I also suspect Kody literally drains people of (positive) energy and wears them out, simply by being in their presence.  It's hard to explain, but I'm sure some of you will recognize the following;  a certain friend or relative comes to visit, feeling exhausted and depressed but when they leave, they're feeling a lot better whilst you're exhausted or having a major headache... And it always happens when you're around the same people. Kody is like that too....

Yep. An energy vampire.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Yep. An energy vampire.

My mother used to say certain people “suck all of the air out of the room.” I think someone like Kody is very draining because he thinks he’s the main character and everyone else is just supporting players or props.

• Like 9
  • Applause 5

The reason I am looking forward to the next season is watching Kody slowly realize he is only the main character to Robyn and the children that live in his house.
Three women he wanted to control have left him and most of his other children are doing whatever they want without asking for permission or advice.

At this point even Robyn must be sick of hearing his instructions and general bullshit.

Should make for a fun season to watch.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don’t know if I believe any of that somebody posted a picture online recently of Robyn and Kody together recently at a festival.  Robyn managed to look somehow even frumpier than normal and Kody looked short (no long-legged VS jeEns for him).  Kody and Robyn might push a “fighting” angle at some point because what else do they have?  They don’t allow them to film at Robyn’s, nobody but maybe mykelti likes them, what’s left?  We can only have so many bus stop heart-to-heart talks with little Amtrak talking about which first grader lost “her man” 😂

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, dariafan said:

We are coming to ari reaching the age Kody starts losing interest .   I wonder how this will play out ?

I wonder if Kody sees Robyn’s kids as their actual age.  She seemingly has infantilize all of them.  I don’t remember how old the tender-aged children are but Robyn treats them like they’re 2.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Kody no longer has true "tender aged" children.  That may also be part of his disenchantment with life.  There will no more daddy idolizers being born.  Most places it's before school age.  The US Border Patrol uses age 5 and under.  Many police departments are four and under.  Although a few places might possibly go up to 10 so Arabelliola could possibly sneak in under the broadest interpretation.  Although if that child is tender, I'll be astounded.  She seems to have inherited or mimics every manipulative trait Robyn has plus inventing a few of her own.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, General Days said:

Kody and Robyn were together at Gwendlyn's wedding over the week.

And? They were two hours late. Two. Hours. Late.

Way to show your daughter just how much you care!

• Like 9
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, General Days said:

Kody was probably in a snit because he wasn't asked to walk Gwen down the aisle. Probably Christine or Logan were asked if Gwen even stuck to the tradition of being escorted.

Kody's solution to his embarrassment was to avoid the situation entirely.

Or maybe it took him the extra 2 hours to squeeze himself into his sexy slacks.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
9 hours ago, General Days said:

Not surprising, but who said this?

• Like 3

Gwen said on a patreon live that K&R were late, but did not say how late. She also said she walked down the aisle alone, because if she had asked anyone other than her dad to walk her, it would have made unpleasant waves (paraphrasing).

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
On 7/20/2023 at 11:42 PM, Gramto6 said:

Big surprise! NOT!

Making their "entrance"? Or Robyn doing her usual "do it slowly"...like the packing up episode?

I have a few friends who seem to have no concept of time, or the need to get any specific place on time.  They have this idea that everything will wait for them to get there.  I rarely ever meet up with them anymore.

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1