Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/12/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Carjacking by two teens with a stungun doesn't happen every day.

Eh...armed carjacking by teens does happen relatively often.   Likely everyday.  This story was newsworthy because the  criminals were 13 and 15 year old girls, not even old enough to drive.   If we start seeing numerous stories about 13 year old girls committing violent felonies, it likely will make hot topics.      

Catherine Zeta Jones was a nice break from the heavy topics today.    

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Eh...armed carjacking by teens does happen relatively often.   Likely everyday.  This story was newsworthy because the  criminals were 13 and 15 year old girls, not even old enough to drive.   If we start seeing numerous stories about 13 year old girls committing violent felonies, it likely will make hot topics.      

Also because it was filmed.

9 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Catherine Zeta Jones was a nice break from the heavy topics today. 

And we were spared hearing Barbara Walters telling us she shared a birthday with her as she always did whenever Catherine visited the show.

• Love 8

42 minutes ago, Axie said:

I really don't mean to insult anyone who has been enjoying this week's shows and I realize it's The View, a show that has always covered current events, but, I just can't handle this week.  I watch to at least have a little escapism, a little lightness. It's way too dark for me this week.

You're not alone Axie.  There are times when the world is just too much to bear.  There's just so much hate in the world and you don't know how to fix it.  Its no wonder mental health is at an all time high.  People feel the despair.  We are in need of a shot of good news that's for sure.  Heard any good knock knock jokes?  😉  j/k dumb

8 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

And we were spared hearing Barbara Walters telling us she shared a birthday with her as she always did whenever Catherine visited the show.

Six degrees of CZJ

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Axie said:

I really don't mean to insult anyone who has been enjoying this week's shows and I realize it's The View, a show that has always covered current events, but, I just can't handle this week.  I watch to at least have a little escapism, a little lightness. It's way too dark for me this week.

I hear you. Hugs. 

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I was watching the CBS morning show with Gayle King and she kept saying how bad the news was this week and so did her co-hosts. I don't think it is The View that is so dark and negative this week-it is America.

I was watching CBS This Morning also, horrific recent events have taken their toll on Gayle, as well as the rest of us.

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2021 at 12:12 PM, GiveMeSpace said:

With all due respect, getting fired for what he did to the lieutenant and not getting arrested, is exactly getting off the hook, in my opinion. He will be working in another department in another town by the end of the month. Meanwhile, the black man will live with this trauma for the rest of his life and he has no guarantee he won't be targeted again.

Yep. And this is exactly why Sunny is right to worry about her son and I'm glad for her honesty every time they discuss yet another case of never-ending police brutality. Any mother would feel that way. It's just a shame that not everyone is born with the empathy to see beyond race and understand that kind of natural born fear.

• Love 24

I’m just glad Meghan admits there’s a problem with police brutality towards black men in this country. Not too long ago, her attitude was basically “How dare you say my America is racist?” 

Remember her take on Colin K? The flag sounded more precious to her than black life. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I think it's Michael Douglas' birthday, too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Also, random car jackers are not charged with protecting and serving the public. Perhaps ABC could block about 5 hours per day to report on every crime that occurs in the country? Maybe that would satisfy those who feel slighted by all the coverage of police brutatlity and murders by them of unarmed black people.

The driver was not just car-jacked, he was murdered. Murder is murder - it should indeed be covered, and Sunny should be worried about it.

ALSO - Did everyone hear Joy refer to the middle-aged female police officer as 'Darling' ?  Can you imagine if a male talk show host referred to a female cop as 'Darling' in their coverage of the incident ? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yep. And this is exactly why Sunny is right to worry about her son and I'm glad for her honesty every time they discuss yet another case of never-ending police brutality. Any mother would feel that way. It's just a shame that not everyone is born with the empathy to see beyond race and understand that kind of natural born fear.

After the murder of Trayvon Martin, I remember Jonathan Capehart talking about the rules his mother raised him with. One of them was never to run outdoors, because people will assume he’s running from a crime. He broke my heart and it really pointed out how differently I was raised. How privileged I was. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

The driver was not just car-jacked, he was murdered. Murder is murder - it should indeed be covered, and Sunny should be worried about it.

ALSO - Did everyone hear Joy refer to the middle-aged female police officer as 'Darling' ?  Can you imagine if a male talk show host referred to a female cop as 'Darling' in their coverage of the incident ? 

That's a term, like skinny bitches, that Joy and other women of her age (which is my age) use instead of, well, other, more colorful words. Most of us realize that.  Just me?

Edited by KayVeeTeeVee
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

That's a term, like skinny bitches, that Joy and other women of her age (which is my age) use instead of, well, other, more colorful words. Most of us realize that.  Just me?

Me too. If I want to put someone in their place I will say "Listen here honey".

• Love 13
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I always admired CZJ’s beauty. She’s gorgeous and doesn’t look like anyone else in Hollywood. She’s so lucky she has so much going for her. She can sing, dance, act, beautiful accent and charming personality. 

I was at an online workshop this weekend on mental health. The presenter opened showing pictures of famous people who have had mental health challenges, Churchill, Lincoln ... and Catherine Zeta Jones. She's been very open about her struggles with depression and bipolar affective disorder.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I was at an online workshop this weekend on mental health. The presenter opened showing pictures of famous people who have had mental health challenges, Churchill, Lincoln ... and Catherine Zeta Jones. She's been very open about her struggles.

Aww yes, I’m glad you mentioned that. I think it’s great she’s been open too. It’s good for people to know even CZJ has her struggles. Less people will feel ashamed getting help. I hope she is doing okay. I know even people who look like they have it all can be in the worst pain. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Sadly though there are murders every single day.  The View isn't really there to cover every news event.  I am seeing a lot of adverts for a special that is going to air about someone they describe as America's most prolific serial killer.  I had never heard of him.  If I saw any coverage of this before I don't remember it.  My point being there are murders every single day.  Even chilling serial killer murders get lost in the neverending news cycle.  

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

I take no offense to the words Joy uses, and I’m a skinny bitch millennial! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

I think it's Michael Douglas' birthday, too.

It is.  They share the same birthday

6 hours ago, deirdra said:

I didn't even recognize CZJ in that clip from the show she's on.  She had someone else's eyes and face.

She's lost some weight, you can see it in her face.  She used to have more cherubic apple cheeks, now her face is more thin.  She's just as beautiful, that shines from the inside. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

I believe men her age (78-79) grew up using the word 'darling' and 'honey' as well (it's a generational thing)  - but doesn't that make it degrading to use those terms in 2021 ?  Again, if it was a male her age on TV using this term to refer to a professional woman, I don't think he would be employed by the network much longer. I think if a man her age called a woman a 'skinny bitch' on television, he'd be fired for that, too.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Sadly though there are murders every single day.  The View isn't really there to cover every news event.  I am seeing a lot of adverts for a special that is going to air about someone they describe as America's most prolific serial killer.  I had never heard of him.  If I saw any coverage of this before I don't remember it.  My point being there are murders every single day.  Even chilling serial killer murders get lost in the neverending news cycle.  

Again, yes - there are murders every day.

But I'm focused on what Sunny said - she's afraid every time her son Gabe grabs the car keys, because there's a chance he will become one of these statistics shot by the cops. What I'm saying is whenever he grabs the car keys, he can also be a victim of a carjacking by two teenage girls with a 'stun gun' and also have a fatal ending. Yet she's not talking about that (and yes, carjackings happen every day - so she should be worried for Gabe).

I am a white woman who has a 28 yr old son of color.  I worry about him every single day. Last summer he was pulled over for what the officer said was an illegal lane change.  He handed her his license, insurance card and registration. She ran them and handed them back to him and said he could go and didn't give him a ticket. He says he didn't illegally change lanes and his wife backs him up.  Did that cop pull him over simply because he is of color?  Maybe.  I understand Sunny's fear.  

• Love 7

Meg, the “bad messaging” about the vaccine is coming from your tribe.  So how can she talk to friends who don’t like being talked down to because they refuse the vaccine?  Again, it has to come from people they trust, obviously not the government. The facts are there. Use them. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21

How did I know Sara was going to bring up her brother during the Colton Underwood segment, and how did I know Meganutz would bring up her BFF Clay Aiken, as well ?

And a note to Meganutz - Uncle Clay did not come out on his own at the age of 30.

Rosie O'Donnell outed him (intentionally or not) on 'The View' when she was the moderator in 2007, when she decided to start a feud with Kelly Ripa.

For Meganutz who needs a reminder:  Clay was cohosting Kelly's show with her, and at one point he covered her mouth with his hand so he could talk to a guest. She was furious and told Clay don't ever do that again, because she has no idea where his hands had been (she's a notorious germ-a-phobic).  The next day Rosie said on 'The View' that what Kelly did was 'homophobic' to Clay, and she said Kelly never would've acted that way with a straight man. 

And that was the end of any questions anyone still had over Uncle Clay's sexuality. Way before he came out on his own.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Of course Meghan mentioned that Mayor Pete was called out as not being "gay" enough. She's good. She finds a way to blame anyone but her team. The absolute horrible things still being put forth in states like Arkansas are far worse than some idiot saying someone isn't "gay enough ". It's ridiculous but it's not laws that effect lives.

And why is it the Dems fault the white Republican men dont want the vaccine.  She complains about getting pushback on that but if she'd be honest she would admit it is ridiculous and no ones fault but those white Republican men.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Rosie O'Donnell outed him (intentionally or not) on 'The View' when she was the moderator in 2007, when she decided to start a feud with Kelly Ripa.

Yes, jaws dropped all over the country, it was shocking news!

13 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

The next day Rosie said on 'The View' that what Kelly did was 'homophobic' to Clay, and she said Kelly never would've acted that way with a straight man. 

You're leaving out the best part.  Kelly called in to the RO'D show to deny her (Rosie's) allegations.  It was great TV.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Yes, jaws dropped all over the country, it was shocking news!

You're leaving out the best part.  Kelly called in to the RO'D show to deny her (Rosie's) allegations.  It was great TV.

It was The View,  Kelly called into. I'm pretty sure it was.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 9

I loved Sara getting to speak first on the Bachelor topic, because she’s the kind of person you’d want to have to turn to as an ally rather than someone who simply cites you as a way to make themselves seem like less of a monster considering their history on every other topic.

I hope Home Economics ends up working out for Grace. It’s difficult for me to watch half-hour shows on a weekly basis. Those kinds of shows usually work better for me in marathon re-runs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

For Meganutz who needs a reminder:  Clay was cohosting Kelly's show with her, and at one point he covered her mouth with his hand so he could talk to a guest. She was furious and told Clay don't ever do that again, because she has no idea where his hands had been (she's a notorious germ-a-phobic).  The next day Rosie said on 'The View' that what Kelly did was 'homophobic' to Clay, and she said Kelly never would've acted that way with a straight man. 

actually, just after the incident, someone put together a video of Kelly Ripa Licking regis Philbin's shoe, and a bunch of other things proving she is no germaphobe.  

The background story was that Clay was being tried out as a possible co-host, and Kelly R did NOT want him (she wanted her husband to get the job)  so she made it clear by interrupting him, and taking over parts of interviews that he was supposed to do. she knew if they had bad "chemistry" he wouldn't get the job. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I take no offense to the words Joy uses, and I’m a skinny bitch millennial! 

Same. And considering this policewoman is a murderer, being called "darling" by a fellow woman is much kinder than she deserves, lol.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

actually, just after the incident, someone put together a video of Kelly Ripa Licking regis Philbin's shoe, and a bunch of other things proving she is no germaphobe.  

The background story was that Clay was being tried out as a possible co-host, and Kelly R did NOT want him (she wanted her husband to get the job)  so she made it clear by interrupting him, and taking over parts of interviews that he was supposed to do. she knew if they had bad "chemistry" he wouldn't get the job. 

Kelly Ripa is a diva in general, so I'm not surprised at all. I never could stand her.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I saw the Kelly/Clay thing live and honestly I interpreted it the same way Rosie did.

Meghan thinks because she is good friends with Clay who is gay that it means something.  To me it means nothing.  If she wanted her friendship with a gay man to mean something she could start by not supporting people who aren't friendly to LGTBQ.

• Love 24
12 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I saw the Kelly/Clay thing live and honestly I interpreted it the same way Rosie did.

Meghan thinks because she is good friends with Clay who is gay that it means something.  To me it means nothing.  If she wanted her friendship with a gay man to mean something she could start by not supporting people who aren't friendly to LGTBQ.

yeah, but she lives with one of these people, so .....

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I always admired CZJ’s beauty. She’s gorgeous and doesn’t look like anyone else in Hollywood. She’s so lucky she has so much going for her. She can sing, dance, act, beautiful accent and charming personality. 

I resent her because I heard my husband describe her as devastatingly beautiful.  ( very out of character for him)  I don’t think I’ve seen her on a chat show in  a long time but she seemed really happy. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I was pretty disappointed that the show's coverage of Colton coming out didn't mention that his ex from the show, Cassie, put out a restraining order against him because he stalked her after their breakup (including putting a tracking device on her car!). It's really great that Colton has reached a point where he can be honest about his sexuality, but it's irresponsible to gloss over what he did to Cassie. I worry that it will be regarded by the general public as just a mistake that stemmed from his own discomfort with himself, instead of what it really is: a crime. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

This was early 2007. It was Ripa and Regis' show. They would stay together on the show for another 5 years. Clay was a guest host because Regis was out that day - no one was trying to 'get the job' as co-host; not Aiken nor her husband since the job wasn't open.

But back to Meganutz - THIS is when Clay Aiken was officially outed as a gay man, thanks to Rosie. So his story is quite different from Colton's 14 years later. Stop trying to compare the two - there is no correlation.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I was pretty disappointed that the show's coverage of Colton coming out didn't mention that his ex from the show, Cassie, put out a restraining order against him because he stalked her after their breakup (including putting a tracking device on her car!). It's really great that Colton has reached a point where he can be honest about his sexuality, but it's irresponsible to gloss over what he did to Cassie. I worry that it will be regarded by the general public as just a mistake that stemmed from his own discomfort with himself, instead of what it really is: a crime. 

And yesterday, with their CZJ interview they kept gushing over her marriage to Michael Douglas, yet never brought up the fact that he once claimed he got throat cancer for performing a sexual act on her (which embarrassed her to no end when he said this). How can you gush all over them and ignore what he said ?

36 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

And yesterday, with their CZJ interview they kept gushing over her marriage to Michael Douglas, yet never brought up the fact that he once claimed he got throat cancer for performing a sexual act on her (which embarrassed her to no end when he said this). How can you gush all over them and ignore what he said ?

Because it was a joke!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Why would they bring up those comments?? She's still married to him and it was a joke... If she doesn't have a problem with what her husband said, what is there to talk about? And Meghan McCain didn't say anything about Rosie O'Donnell, she merely talked about how comedians made fun of Aiken back in the day when he was still closeted.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

Meg, the “bad messaging” is specifically coming from you. You are the voice of your party!  You’re the only conservative woman on TV!  Do your job.

But she is doing what she perceives her job is, which is casting more doubt on scientists and the vaccine, then blaming projecting blame onto Democrats for "her people" having that doubt she's encouraged. Her commentary is always like this, deliberately stoking fear and misinformation in a hope to increase harm.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

But she is doing what she perceives her job is, which is casting more doubt on scientists and the vaccine, then blaming projecting blame onto Democrats for "her people" having that doubt she's encouraged. Her commentary is always like this, deliberately stoking fear and misinformation in a hope to increase harm.

Yes Meghan thinks her job is to help her team win. Anyone hurt or offended is just collateral damage to her.

• Love 10

Twatty can just MISS ME with her attempts at comparing why historically people of color mistrusting the vaccine because of how they were experimented on with her new bullhorn of increasing Republican friends who are "scared" of the vaccine. Just SHUT UP.

And what the hell does she mean "the messaging"? The CDC and the scientists have been very clear. She just wants that vaccine soooooo bad so she can go out and partay and get drunk.

• Love 12