Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/12/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Twatty can just MISS ME with her attempts at comparing why historically people of color mistrusting the vaccine because of how they were experimented on with her new bullhorn of increasing Republican friends who are "scared" of the vaccine. Just SHUT UP.

And what the hell does she mean "the messaging"? The CDC and the scientists have been very clear. She just wants that vaccine soooooo bad so she can go out and partay and get drunk.

I'm curious too. What does messaging mean? I don't have a clue, what Meghan means.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

And yesterday, with their CZJ interview they kept gushing over her marriage to Michael Douglas, yet never brought up the fact that he once claimed he got throat cancer for performing a sexual act on her (which embarrassed her to no end when he said this). How can you gush all over them and ignore what he said ?

I thought she was upset because he said he got the throat cancer from acts pre CZJ!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I remember Kelly, Clay, and Rosie. But Kelly has gay male friends. Anderson Cooper, Matthew Bomer, Andy Cohen, Neil Patrick Harris. You'd think she'd be gay friendly.

Yeah, I never thought it was because he was gay, I assumed she just didn't care for him and it bothered her that he stuck his hand over her mouth 🤷🏾‍♀️

Clay isn't everyone's cup of tea.

• Love 7

McCain railed against the critics shaming people who aren’t getting the vaccine. “I don’t really understand, there’s a lot of different demographics of people that have vaccine hesitancy, but the specific anger and aggression towards Republicans who have vaccine hesitancy, I just don’t find it productive,” she said.

While she was quick to insist that she wants her immunity just as much as anyone else, she added, “The strategy going forward has just got to be more effective towards conservatives and Republicans, and unfortunately this is getting politicized and I think it’s very dangerous.”

https://decider.com/2021/04/14/meghan-mccain-claims-bad-messaging-keeps-people-from-vaccines/

It's very bizarre that she says this is getting politicized when she and her tribe are the ones politicizing it. The Doc even pointed out that the vaccines were developed under the Trump admin.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Yeah, I never thought it was because he was gay, I assumed she just didn't care for him and it bothered her that he stuck his hand over her mouth 🤷🏾‍♀️

That's what I thought too.  I don't want anyone to clamp their hands over my mouth or touch me without my permission (though I can understand why Clay would want to shut her up).  He was trying to seem friendly & playful, but that works only with very close friends. Then Rosie stepped in where she should have kept her mouth shut.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15

MeAgain keeps talking about the % of Repubs. not taking the vaccine. Today there was a poll that it is 43%. But  apparently only 30% of Americans identify as Repub. So 43% of 30% which is something like 13% of Americans. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I remember Kelly, Clay, and Rosie. But Kelly has gay male friends. Anderson Cooper, Matthew Bomer, Andy Cohen, Neil Patrick Harris. You'd think she'd be gay friendly.

Well, a person can have female friends or friends who aren't White and still manage to do or say something misogynist or racist. Those kinds of reactions are (often) unconscious.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, bannana said:

https://decider.com/2021/04/14/meghan-mccain-claims-bad-messaging-keeps-people-from-vaccines/

It's very bizarre that she says this is getting politicized when she and her tribe are the ones politicizing it. The Doc even pointed out that the vaccines were developed under the Trump admin.

It may have developed under him, but Pfizer didn't take any government funds under WARP whatever. It was a coincidence that Pfizer had the vaccine in December.

And I think I know what she means about messaging. She thinks once someone is vaccinated, there should be no need for masks or social distancing. It should be like life before the pandemic. Twat isn't listening. The way the vaccine and the variants spread, maintaining the masks until the country reaches herd immunity is the only way to "kill" the virus (that's what I read). There is no quick fix to this, you miserable, narcissistic, lying, disinformation spreading NIMRODIC MAROON.

• Love 18

I have questions:

1. Why is MeAgain wearing the Kyrsten Sinema "dangerous creature" shirt today?
  2. What is wrong with MeAgain's face today? Not just her overdrawn lips but her whole face appeared to be very puffy and a weird colour!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Why would they bring up those comments?? She's still married to him and it was a joke... If she doesn't have a problem with what her husband said, what is there to talk about?

I know LOL. Why on Earth would they bring that up to a guest if they ever wanted that guest to come back. She is not a politician. She does not need to be fileted. It is nice to have a non-combative interview every once in a while. If I was her and they asked me about that, they would need to bring out the long beeps because I would use all the long curse words to respond to this ice cold extremely personal topic. 

Edited by GiveMeSpace
ETAS misspelling
  • Love 11

Maybe Meg wants the message to be, “ok, you Reps are right. The vaccine is useless, so go ahead, go out drinking, gambling, and shooting guns. You’ll be safe.  And btw, we did steal the election.”

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Ashish K. Jha, MD, MPH on Twitter: "Really fun talking to @MeghanMcCain on @TheView about vaccine confidence, politicization of vaccinations We need to better understand people's concerns and address them These are great vaccines. Once you get fully vaccinated, it absolutely changes what you can do safely" / Twitter

MeAgain's reply:

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "@ashishkjha @TheView Wonderful speaking with you as well! Thank you for all your invaluable insight! 🙏🏻" / Twitter

But of course we know that she didn't hear a thing he said and that she will continue spouting the same nonsense she has been since the beginning.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

And yesterday, with their CZJ interview they kept gushing over her marriage to Michael Douglas, yet never brought up the fact that he once claimed he got throat cancer for performing a sexual act on her (which embarrassed her to no end when he said this). How can you gush all over them and ignore what he said ?

They apparently have a good marriage for 20 years...something not always seen with Hollywood couples. I assume that’s why the panel “gushed” so why would any interviewer bring  that up? I thought it was a nice interview.  

• Love 3

Earlier in the show, McCain railed against the critics shaming people who aren’t getting the vaccine. “I don’t really understand, there’s a lot of different demographics of people that have vaccine hesitancy, but the specific anger and aggression towards Republicans who have vaccine hesitancy, I just don’t find it productive,” she said.

Always the fucking victims. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, bannana said:

She has a voice and a place to use it.  Meghan this is your chance to do something for someone!  Be the voice for pro vaccine.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Twatty can just MISS ME with her attempts at comparing why historically people of color mistrusting the vaccine because of how they were experimented on with her new bullhorn of increasing Republican friends who are "scared" of the vaccine. Just SHUT UP.

And what the hell does she mean "the messaging"? The CDC and the scientists have been very clear. She just wants that vaccine soooooo bad so she can go out and partay and get drunk.

And who is stopping her from endless drunken festivities? She was pregnant and/or breastfeeding for the majority of Covid!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

So MeAgain still has not figured out that the Israeli get a shot, take a shot, is not a campaign that says once you are vaccinated you can go clubbing.

https://www.israeltoday.co.il/read/tel-aviv-vaccine-bar-offers-a-shot-for-a-shot/

I thought the same thing.  She is just so ill-informed.  Does she ever do any research?  Or, do her producers/show handlers ever try to enlighten her to her ignorance?  

I really, really wish she was on last week when Joy asked the panel about their vaccines.  Anna wore her "I'm vaccinated" hat, Joy said she's done, I think Sunny said she had one shot, and Sara said she's scheduled.  

Call me crazy, but I think she is one of those Republicans who doesn't really WANT to get one, and she's throwing everyone lip service.  As much as Meghan bitches and moans about wanting to get a vaccine, she should be able to schedule an appointment at this point.  You would think someone with her ego would be shouting it from the rooftops and posting it all over social media that she has an appointment!  

The sooner Meghan gets a vaccine, the sooner everyone can get back into the studio (assuming the rest of the show's behind-the-scenes crew members are also vaccinated).  I'm really getting tired of the remote format.  I don't know why other shows are doing in-studio broadcasts but The View is not.

• Love 14

I hope this isn’t completely off topic, and I apologize if it is, but, Meghan posted a picture on Instagram of Liberty with an uncle and said, “fully vaccinated.”  Don’t know if she was just referring to the uncle, though.  Again, sorry if too OT.

7 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Always the fucking victims. 🙄

Seriously! I got vaccinated myself, but I understand the hesitancy and believe it's a personal decision. Meghan has to be annoying about it per usual though. Forgive my little rant, but Meghan reminds me so much of a woman I know. She talks a lot of crap about "angry black people with a victim mentality," but this woman has tons of anger and is a perpetual victim in her mind. But don't dare call her a Karen, because that's a serious slur against white people! Apparently, the n word is not a big deal if black people say it. Yes, that's how stupid this person is. I live in a red, Bible Belt state. This lady complains a lot about how hard she has it as a white Christian conservative. Uhh, you are the majority and there's a church on every corner. What are you talking about? You're safer with police, no one will tell you to go back to your country, no one's trying to stop your vote, no one's trying to prevent you from getting married. Give me a break. You're not a victim because you can't be a bigot. 

10 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Well, a person can have female friends or friends who aren't White and still manage to do or say something misogynist or racist. Those kinds of reactions are (often) unconscious.

100% Are you less likely to be a bigot when you have friends who are different from you? I think so, but it is no guarantee. Meghan has a sister of color, and I still think she's racist. 

Meghan is being too extreme with her attitude toward the vaccine. You don't need to go wild and act like we're not still in a pandemic, but there's such a relief once you're vaccinated. My little bubble feels so much safer now that we're vaccinated. We no longer wear masks when it's just us. We're not as fearful when we're around anti-maskers. We feel more comfortable going out to eat and are seeing movies again. Just because we're not throwing all caution to the wind doesn't mean the vaccine hasn't been worth it. It absolutely has for us. Life is slowly getting back to normal, and it's a beautiful thing. 

• Love 18

Joy actually said the same thing. She and Steve have four friends who have all been double vaccinated and get together. What about this doesn't MeAgain get? We are all living in the same world.

• Love 12

Joy actually said the same thing. She and Steve have four friends who have all been double vaccinated and get together. What about this doesn't MeAgain get? We are all living in the same world.

Meghan gets it but it doesn't fit the narrative she is pushing. 

• Love 22
19 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Why would they bring up those comments?? She's still married to him and it was a joke... If she doesn't have a problem with what her husband said, what is there to talk about? And Meghan McCain didn't say anything about Rosie O'Donnell, she merely talked about how comedians made fun of Aiken back in the day when he was still closeted.

That was a joke ? I never heard that it was a 'joke' - what a horrible joke at the expense of his wife who has a history of mental health issues.

As for Meganutz and Clay Aiken, read my post again. She was comparing Colton's story of coming out with Clay Aiken's story and saying how 'similar' they were. Not true at all.

Colton was never publicly 'outed' by a host on 'The View' like Aiken was, back in January, 2007. Meganutz said that Aiken was 30 years old before he came out as gay. (Aiken was born at the end of 1978, so that would put him at December, 2008 at the earliest of when he came out). Rosie outed him nearly 2 years earlier.  Colton and Clay's coming out stories couldn't be more further apart.

17 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

They apparently have a good marriage for 20 years...something not always seen with Hollywood couples. I assume that’s why the panel “gushed” so why would any interviewer bring  that up? I thought it was a nice interview.  

It's part of their marital history. Douglas made that very public a few years ago.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

As for Meganutz and Clay Aiken, read my post again. She was comparing Colton's story of coming out with Clay Aiken's story and saying how 'similar' they were. Not true at all.

I read your post fine, I just considered it inaccurate. McCain only talked about how comics made fun of Clay Aiken back when and compared it to how many people mocked Underwood when he was on The Bachelor. I don't know how exactly that connects to Kelly Ripa and Rosie O'Donnell though.

• Love 7

Uncle Lindsey is a hypocrite. He loved when trump wanted to withdraw by 5/1.

Gee, Meg, if you think it’s so important to stay why don’t you volunteer instead of sending everyone’s loved ones into peril?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 24

I agreed with Joy, we have enough problems at home these days without worrying about having our military abroad. These past five years are the first time since I've been alive that I'd say that is the case.

Yeah, I'm sure Meghan McCain is really interested in what Hillary Clinton has to say when she's still so triggered she's attacking her on Twitter five years after she's left the national stage at this point. Pfff!

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agreed with Joy, we have enough problem at home these days to worry about having our military abroad. These past five years are the first time since I've been alive that I'd say that is the case.

Yeah, I'm sure Meghan McCain is really interested in what Hillary Clinton has to say. Pfff!

Maybe she can ask Chelsea if she ever heard the joke the sainted John McCain told about her. 

• Love 19

Meganutz keeps reminding us how she's pro-military and comes from a staunch military family. Has anyone else noticed of all the friends and family members she refers to, not one is female ? Can it be no women in her very large military family ever joined the military ?

As for the discussion on Idris Elba not being 'black enough' on the show Luther (and if you haven't watched Luther yet, I encourage you to do so!), Whitney Houston went through the same accusations 35 years ago with her first two albums. She was criticized by many, and then changed her image and her direction in music. So this has been going on for a while, unfortunately.

• Love 3

Chelsea is a lot smarter and more articulate than Meg.  Oops did she call Boehner “boner?”

Meg is so concerned about the women and children of Afghanistan but has little sympathy for Central American women and children immigrants at the border. 

• Love 23
12 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I hope they stay remote for a while still. Apparently it isn't hurting them in the "almighty" ratings either, so they're probably in no rush to change.  

Remote is fine for me too.  It also makes it a less hostile work environment for the other hosts.  Much easier to avoid her.  But what the hell is Meghan always looking at?  She is always looking to her left.  Is she looking at herself?  Is someone giving her talking points? It is distracting. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Remote is fine for me too.  It also makes it a less hostile work environment for the other hosts.  Much easier to avoid her.  But what the hell is Meghan always looking at?  She is always looking to her left.  Is she looking at herself?  Is someone giving her talking points? It is distracting. 

I am watching the show right now and you are so right. She looks like a creepy painting in a Gothic tale and she cannot stop doing it. I suspect she is watching herself on a moniter because like Narcissus, she is obsessed with her own image.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I read your post fine, I just considered it inaccurate. McCain only talked about how comics made fun of Clay Aiken back when and compared it to how many people mocked Underwood when he was on The Bachelor. I don't know how exactly that connects to Kelly Ripa and Rosie O'Donnell though.

Yes, Clay Aiken was the punchline of many gay jokes by all late night shows.  It was nasty, with insinuations about being a child molester.   The difference is that Clay got famous for being on a singing competition - which has nothing to do with sexual orientation, and he had every right to not disclose it, it's irrelevant.  subsequent competitors have said that American Idol discouraged gay contestants from disclosing their orientation in the early seasons of the show.  They didn't want it to interfere with viewers voting. 

Colton Underwood got famous for being on a dating show where the premise is that he was looking for a wife.   His sexual orientation was certainly relevant to the show he was on, because it's dishonest. 

(yeah, I know, I'm a day behind.  I never watch The View in real time) 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Does anyone else think that Meghan didn't want to talk about this Dear Prudence letter because it hit too close to home? 

My TV froze just at that point (thank you, Comcast!!), and came back when Joy was saying something about the Dalai Lama?  Meghan looked pissed....can someone fill me in?  

50 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Meganutz keeps reminding us how she's pro-military and comes from a staunch military family. Has anyone else noticed of all the friends and family members she refers to, not one is female ? Can it be no women in her very large military family ever joined the military ?

As for the discussion on Idris Elba not being 'black enough' on the show Luther (and if you haven't watched Luther yet, I encourage you to do so!), Whitney Houston went through the same accusations 35 years ago with her first two albums. She was criticized by many, and then changed her image and her direction in music. So this has been going on for a while, unfortunately.

The critique is not that Idris Elba is "black" enough.   The critique was that the character on the show did not appear to be authentically "black".     Whether that was a fair critique or not was pretty much what the ladies discussed.    I've only watched the first season of the show, but I don't think his race was ever mentioned acknowledged, but that didn't bother me either as it was a British show with similar but different racial issues/expectations than America. 

I was a huge Whitney fan growing up.   I don't recall Black America ever feeling she wasn't black enough.  She was played on Black radio, her videos played non stop on BET, and she was on the cover of every Black focused magazines, etc.   

10 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

My TV froze just at that point (thank you, Comcast!!), and came back when Joy was saying something about the Dalai Lama?  Meghan looked pissed....can someone fill me in? 

The letter writer was asking for advice because her husband said he rated her an 8.5 and that their sex life was just so so.   Joy's rant was about looks-ism and how women are expected to look good while men aren't.  The Dalai Lama when asked whether there could ever be a female Dalai Lama reportedly said that she would have to be pretty.      

• Love 7

I don't know why they discussed the Dear Prudie letter at all.  One, it's a stupid topic and two, the letter is old.  It's from 2016 and Slate just recently ran it again because on Sundays they (lazily) just reuse letters from their archives.  Surely there was something more interesting they could have discussed than a five year old letter from a lady with low self-esteem.

• Love 10

Someone please stop Megan's lectures.  She is so full of hot air.  She’s mentioned the younger brother deployed at 17. Why I ask? Was he drafted ?  ( sarcasm) 

Love Joy’s observation on British programming. I’ve probably been watching as many years as she has and noticed the same thing. I had an English friend years ago whose husband was here for work and remained here .  She said in their newspapers no mention of color is mentioned in reference to someone.  She was shocked American papers did. This was 25 years ago.
British television also also included film stars something that American film stars would consider career ending. 

• Love 7

Noticed that, as usual, mm used most of her segment on Afghanistan to talk about herself, her family of vets, her military friends and on and on before even attempting to answer the actual question.  I guess proximity to veterans is enough for her tribe and makes her an expert on vets?  

Edited by Rainyhawk
Correct spellings
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

How long ago was this Colton guy on The Bachelor? Things are way, way, way different than they were in 2003-2008ish when Clay was desperately trying to stay closeted. 

So tired of Meghan hauling out My Gay Friend Clay to try to illustrate how very enlightened she is. I don't think she and Clay even knew each other when he came out, so it's not like she was there helping him through that journey.

Edited by huggybear
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I know nothing about the show Luther so I cannot comment but I think that Sunny got what that diversity lady was saying.  Diversity means nothing if the person is that is being presented is not an authentic person in his or her fullness.  

Whitney got blowback from the Black community rightly or wrongly because some felt that she was pandering to the Dominant society and abandoning her people.  There was some truth to that because whenever Whitney sang a song that the White executives deemed to be too "Black" they would tell her to tone it down or they would scrap the song altogether because they wanted her to go mainstream.  This would stress Whitney out because she often felt she was not being her authentic self, she used always say to her close friends, why can't I just be me? Pop what she sang is mainstream while R&B and Gospel where she came from is more Black. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1