Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: The Lost Sheep

• Start Topic

When Eddie reveals his truth, Katherine suffers the consequences… again. Rome and Regina offer support to Tyrell and his mother, and Maggie and Jamie are forced to address their relationship status.

Airing Wednesday, April 7, 2021.

• Useful 1

I probably won't be watching tomorrow. My ABC affiliate is still down, and while the GM of the affiliate said in response to my email of basically "Hey, what gives? This has been down almost a week!" that technicians are working on it, and it's top priority to repair what's wrong. But there is no estimation on when I'll be watching my ABC channel again.

Seeing it's still down, I'm betting it will likely still be down tomorrow night.

But, I'll be on here, seeing how you guys liked this episode. 

23 hours ago, historylover820 said:

I probably won't be watching tomorrow. My ABC affiliate is still down, and while the GM of the affiliate said in response to my email of basically "Hey, what gives? This has been down almost a week!" that technicians are working on it, and it's top priority to repair what's wrong. But there is no estimation on when I'll be watching my ABC channel again.

Seeing it's still down, I'm betting it will likely still be down tomorrow night.

But, I'll be on here, seeing how you guys liked this episode. 

Don’t know your setup, but have you tried streaming online? 

• Love 1

I didn’t understand the Jamie and Maggie conversation at all, they agreed not to be serious but both care for each other so he has to leave?

As a person with chronic pain I hope they address Eddie’s physical pain while he is in rehab because pain just doesn’t stop when you stop taking pain pills.

• Love 20

I am an avid non-Gary/Maggie shipper, since they broke up.  In fact, if someone else hasn’t already suggested it—it seems so obvious—can we agree to “Gaggy”(as in 🤢) as their couple name?  

I liked them okay, in the beginning of the show, as a couple, but then got over them pretty quickly.  PLUS, I like Darcy and Jamie!  

That being said, I hate to admit that I did enjoy Gaggy’s interaction tonight.  I liked when he got the ring from his drawer, and then jokingly said “Last chance!”.  And then, when she started going on about if that had been the last year of her life, she would have considered it a great year— the scene really worked for me!  It surprised me that I had any enthusiasm left for their relationship at all, honestly.  But I did, for whatever reason.

I’m sure good ole Mags will go back to the bottom of my shit list soon, making her irrelevant podcasts, that nobody could possibly care about, and dancing to “hold music”.  And Gary will make a few more jokes about how short she is, while calling her by her last name.  

For now, I will give the show the tiniest of compliments.

• Love 5
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I didn’t understand the Jamie and Maggie conversation at all, they agreed not to be serious but both care for each other so he has to leave?

As a person with chronic pain I hope they address Eddie’s physical pain while he is in rehab because pain just doesn’t stop when you stop taking pain pills.

Re:  Eddie, I totally agree, and I think that Kath could give him SOMEWHAT of the “benefit of the doubt”.  It sucks that he lied to her AGAIN, but he is in a wheelchair, and should have taken some pain meds responsibly from the beginning!  

I haven’t even finished the episode yet, but I think that Kate’s mother telling her that her father wasn’t perfect either might help her to come to terms with it.  I think that marriage should mean that you don’t give up on someone for some mistakes.  Otherwise, why make it legally binding?  Hopefully Eddy hasn’t run out of chances, what with the prior substance-abuses and love child indiscretions!

Edited by Miss Bones
Forgot something
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Yeah, that was weird. I think basically he was freaked out about how serious they felt and so was running away. I guess things like that happen, but I don't think Maggie was pleased. But now she is back in Boston with everyone else.

So the guy who Sophie was apparently with is that music teacher, right? And the boyfriend.....I know Gary has mentioned her having a boyfriend before, but have we seen him on the show?

53 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I hope so too. They seem to be dropping the fact that he was in pain though, even though the doctors had told him he would need medication. And Darcy when she was his physical therapist. But Eddie didn't mention his pain at all when he confessed to Katherine.

I guess it is realistic for Theo to blame Katherine, but it seemed super bratty. Poor Katherine puts up with a lot. I am glad the preview of her kissing the lawyer friend turned out to be nothing though.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The way I like to read it is that as he has no desire to be pulled into her constant neediness he did the whole "It's not you, it's me," because he knows that will appeal to Maggie's ego and he can escape.

By the way, I'm British and have never seen Mary Poppins either..

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Yeah, the Jamie/Maggie subplot certainly ended on a weird note. I guess the actor's time on the show was up (it sounds like he'll be back later down the road), but it was a weird way to wrap up his storyline so quickly. "I care about you a lot. That's why I have to leave." Uh, ok? And it's a shame, because Jamie has been great and I've loved him with Maggie and now I don't know where Maggie's storyline is going to go. 

I'm getting the sense that this is Eddie's season to really work on his redemption and for him to stop being a selfish ass. I'm not sure the redemption arc will work, but if it allows him to get better storylines down the road, then ok! I did like that he was called out by that other patient at the rehab centre. It seems like he took her advice to heart. But seriously dude, your withdrawal is making you lash out at people. Stop.

I really cannot blame Katherine for being so angry. It's another lie and she deserves to be angry for a bit at him. But I also see what her mother is saying, and I also see why Theo is saying that Eddie needs the both of them. I am also very happy Alan shut that kiss down ASAP. He's a good guy. My hope is that Darcy will return and her and Alan will form their own friend group with Katherine. 

I feel bad for Tyrell. He is really having a rough time with his mother now being detained by ICE and not knowing where she is and if he can help her. Part of me hopes that he can't, just because the Rome/Regina/Tyrell family unit is really cute. That shot of them and Rome's father on the couch really sold it to me. 

Sophie's lying and sneaking out, and going to see her creepy guitar teacher.  I did have a good chuckle at Danny's attempts to giving Gary Sophie's passcode subtly. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Miss Bones said:

Re:  Eddie, I totally agree, and I think that Kath could give him SOMEWHAT of the “benefit of the doubt”.  It sucks that he lied to her AGAIN, but he is in a wheelchair, and should have taken some pain meds responsibly from the beginning!  

I haven’t even finished the episode yet, but I think that Kate’s mother telling her that her father wasn’t perfect either might help her to come to terms with it.  I think that marriage should mean that you don’t give up on someone for some mistakes.  Otherwise, why make it legally binding?  Hopefully Eddy hasn’t run out of chances, what with the prior substance-abuses and love child indiscretions!

The love child indiscretion would have ended it for me. But then, I'm not a particularly forgiving person.

9 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

So the guy who Sophie was apparently with is that music teacher, right? And the boyfriend.....I know Gary has mentioned her having a boyfriend before, but have we seen him on the show?

I believe we have. But I didn't realize at the time he also plays Zoey's brother on Zoey's Incredible Playlist, where he also has an interest in music.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Dear Katherine, 

Okay, Eddie was sexy as a rock star - but was a bad bet from the beginning. As Theo said, you both have to be there for him now, but that doesn’t mean you have to be there as a wife. You deserve better than the cheating liar he has become - let yourself choose happiness.

Big Katherine Fan.

• Love 18

So ... was that the therapist at the rehab that was beating up on Eddie? Or another person in the group? I get that the things she said all needed to be addressed with Eddie, but I'm not sure of her approach with him.  And from the looks of things, she might be helping him to hit bottom. That might be the point, I guess.  Before you can get better, you have to feel you've hit bottom, but Eddie seemed on his last bit of hope there. 

And he is, of course, feeling very sorry for himself, and not thinking about all the pain his actions are causing others, just what it might cost him, so I was glad to see him talking to Theo at the end, until Theo said that he had been the one to call Eddie. 

Part of me thinks the actors are doing a good job with this storyline, but jeez, haven't they been through this already?  Seems recycled a bit. And I did laugh when Eddie said that Jon would have never stabbed a friend (him) in the back the way Gary did, but apparently Eddie doesn't think sleeping with Jon's wife and creating a child is a betrayal of any kind. 😮

Agree with everyone else that Jamie's speech about their relationship was becoming something he didn't think he wanted was strange. I will miss his humor in the episodes, as I quite enjoyed him.

I thought Rome and Regina's storylines were pretty good, especially Rome's with his father and the pennies and Gary telling him to let him have that belief. That whole storyline was nicely done. 

I like Katherine's friend, and he seems pretty cool. Not going to start shipping them yet though. I was pretty hard core for Katherine and Eddie the first two seasons, so let's not throw that all away just yet.  

• Love 11

Gee guys, who is this shows sponsor again? Could it be a store who's logo was waved in front of us for half a whole scene? 

So many of these plots went exactly the way I expected them to. I knew that when they had Katherine start hanging out with her cute lawyer friend Katherine would make a pass at him in her heartbreak over Eddie (I am just glad he stopped it right away) I knew that this story with Eddie was just going to be a miserable retread of stuff we have already done with him, I suspected that something would happen between Sophie and her teacher, although I was hoping it wouldn't, and while I thought that Jamie leaving would have more preamble, I figured he wouldn't last very long.

Which sucks, I like him a lot and he actually made Maggie's scenes a lot more bearable then usual, and him leaving felt really weird. So he likes her a lot, so now he has to go back to England? What? Why? It was all so random. 

I don't know how most rehabs work, but would they stick a person who just checked in and is clearly going through withdrawals right into group therapy? Is that really the time to lecture Eddie on being a selfish ass? He does need to hear that, but cant that wait until he isn't still visibly trembling with withdrawal symptoms? I just hate this plot, I have no idea why they went with "Eddie gets addicted to pain killers and blows up his family again" as the best way to deal with him being in a wheelchair. Is him being possibly disabled for life and going through tough physical therapy in the middle of a pandemic not enough drama? I wanted to see how their family adjusted to having Eddie being in a wheelchair, either permanently or just for awhile, not just watch him fall apart again. It just makes his whole story of trying to make things up with Katherine and them fixing their marriage a big waste of time. I really came to like Katherine and Eddie and their struggle to get back to each other, so I really hate seeing them in such a bad place. Theo blaming Katherine was not what I expected, that was a big ouch. While I think Katherine does have every right to be upset for quite awhile, I think her mom saying that no one is perfect will end up leading them to staying together. Really, Eddie falling back into addiction due to chronic pain and being badly injured is at least a bit more sympathetic than him cheating on her with one of their friends and almost leaving her for that friend and their child. 

Also, if Eddie the guy who should be giving lectures about betraying close friends? Really? 

I was really hoping they wouldn't go there with Sophie and her teacher, but I guess here we are. This show is the rare show where every subplot is a whole afterschool special. This is going to get creepy really fast if its going where I am guessing its going. 

Rome and Regina got a good story and I really like Tyrell. I hope that he can stick around and doesn't disappear like a lot of supporting characters. Gary telling Rome to let his dad have his faith was nice, and possibly his mom approves?   

• Love 10
(edited)

I forgot about the uber-meta scene of Danny bemoaning his favourite show suddenly being switched from Thursdays to Wednesdays. "I guess the weekend starts Wednesday now." LOL, I wish, kid.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3

I was glad the woman patient at rehab gave it to Eddie and that Katherine shut the computer on him.  I laughed when he said Theo and Charlie mean everything to him, at this point, he barely knows Charlie. I would love to see Katherine get together with the Asian lawyer, he is cute, smart, caring and they seem to have a lot in common.  Theo continues to annoy me. Agree with everyone that the Maggie/Jamie breakup was weird.  I really like them together and I like Gary with Darcey.   Unless I missed something, not sure why we got Rome and his Dad at odds again, although I loved the scene at house reading the Bible.  I hope the Tyrell story has a happy ending (with his Mom) because I think Rome and Gina are going to hear from the girl who changed her mind about the baby.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, cardigirl said:

So ... was that the therapist at the rehab that was beating up on Eddie? Or another person in the group? I get that the things she said all needed to be addressed with Eddie, but I'm not sure of her approach with him.  And from the looks of things, she might be helping him to hit bottom. That might be the point, I guess.  Before you can get better, you have to feel you've hit bottom, but Eddie seemed on his last bit of hope there.

I think she was another rehab person, as another person told her to tone it down (as I recall - can't for the life of me remember the other person)

3 hours ago, marceline said:

When Gary mentioned that he was taking care of Delilah's kids, that was the first time I've thought of her in ages. I don't miss her at all or the drama around Charlie.

Sad to say, I don't either. I don't think I like a single one of her story lines, and though I don't hate the actress, I never warmed up to the character.

14 hours ago, Leeds said:

The way I like to read it is that as he has no desire to be pulled into her constant neediness he did the whole "It's not you, it's me," because he knows that will appeal to Maggie's ego and he can escape.

By the way, I'm British and have never seen Mary Poppins either..

I'm not British, but I loathe Mary Poppins.

Gaggy...love it!

And agree with those who don't miss Delilah at all,  I would mind if she never returned. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Can Jackie from rehab stick around? I want her to just follow these characters around (particularly Eddie and Delilah) and tell them whenever they're being selfish assholes.

I just laughed and laughed when Eddie got all self righteous and said that he would never stab someone in the back like Gary did. I guess fucking your best friend's wife isn't considered a back stabbing betrayal in his world.

I can't tell if it's character growth or lack of continuity that Gary couldn't stand Katherine during S1 and is now telling her it's okay if she's had it with Eddie. And despite Eddie's accusation, Gary didn't explicitly tell her she should leave Eddie. He was being empathetic about her extremely stressful situation and telling her that everyone has their limits.

Alan continues to be great. He was very kind and gracious when drunk Katherine made a move on him.

I get Rome's frustration with his dad. I'm not here for people telling me that all of these awful things wouldn't be happening if I just prayed more. I guess that means everyone who's died of cancer just wasn't praying hard enough.

Maggie and Jamie's breakup made no sense to me. "I care about you; therefore I must leave the country." Okay then.

I knew Sophie was going to get involved with married Christopher Pelant as soon as he showed up last year because he was too recognizable an actor to be a glorified extra. I'm just surprised they waited this long to reveal it.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 13
38 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Can Jackie from rehab stick around? I want her to just follow these characters around (particularly Eddie and Delilah) and tell them whenever they're being selfish assholes.

I just laughed and laughed when Eddie got all self righteous and said that he would never stab someone in the back like Gary did. I guess fucking your best friend's wife isn't considered a back stabbing betrayal in his world.

I can't tell if it's character growth or lack of continuity that Gary couldn't stand Katherine during S1 and is now telling her it's okay if she's had it with Eddie. And despite Eddie's accusation, Gary didn't explicitly tell her she should leave Eddie. He was being empathetic about her extremely stressful situation and telling her that everyone has their limits.

Alan continues to be great. He was very kind and gracious when drunk Katherine made a move on him.

I get Rome's frustration with his dad. I'm not here for people telling me that all of these awful things wouldn't be happening if I just prayed more. I guess that means everyone who's died of cancer just wasn't praying hard enough.

Maggie and Jamie's breakup made no sense to me. "I care about you; therefore I must leave the country." Okay then.

I knew Sophie was going to get involved with married Christopher Pelant as soon as he showed up last year because he was too recognizable an actor to be a glorified extra. I'm just surprised they waited this long to reveal it.

I do wonder how many episodes Pelant (I think of that character every time he is on my screen) will be on since he is a star/reoccurring character of Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Don’t know your setup, but have you tried streaming online? 

To answer your question: I've tried.

I don't have cable. I have antenna. And I have a couple of streaming services, but not ABC (do they have a streaming service with Roku?) I do have an internet provider, Spectrum, so I tried signing into to the on demand ABC site using that. And it didn't let me sign in because I need a TV provider.

Which is stupid. 

Our ABC affiliate has now been down for a week. With no end in sight. 

So who knows when I'll be able to watch again.

6 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

To answer your question: I've tried.

I don't have cable. I have antenna. And I have a couple of streaming services, but not ABC (do they have a streaming service with Roku?) I do have an internet provider, Spectrum, so I tried signing into to the on demand ABC site using that. And it didn't let me sign in because I need a TV provider.

Which is stupid. 

Our ABC affiliate has now been down for a week. With no end in sight. 

So who knows when I'll be able to watch again.

Oh, I see.  They do make it tough.  I normally log in with my cable provider at a different location.  Not having that channel must be frustrating.

1 hour ago, Aliconehead said:

I do wonder how many episodes Pelant (I think of that character every time he is on my screen) will be on since he is a star/reoccurring character of Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. 

Good grief, I'd totally forgotten he played Pelant. I must have blocked that character out of my mind (so creepy!), as the only thing I related him to is Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I know, right? I might have said a few things out loud.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Good grief, I'd totally forgotten he played Pelant. I must have blocked that character out of my mind (so creepy!), as the only thing I related him to is Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist.

I know, right? I might have said a few things out loud.

I spent the entire first season of ZEP waiting for David to murder someone.

Heh, I'm glad I wasn't the only one yelling at Eddie about what a hypocrite he was. I'd really like to see the sliding scale of morality he must have where "friend tells your wife it's okay to be fed up" is backstabbing betrayal but "fucking your best friend's wife and asking her to leave said best friend to run away with you" is not.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

I'm going to try to see if I can find an app on my Roku. Will let you know if I can. 🙂

Fantastic! Got it downloaded. Now I won't have to rely on the stupid affiliate!

Off to watch the episode!

Great news!  

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Heh, I'm glad I wasn't the only one yelling at Eddie about what a hypocrite he was. I'd really like to see the sliding scale of morality he must have where "friend tells your wife it's okay to be fed up" is backstabbing betrayal but "fucking your best friend's wife and asking her to leave said best friend to run away with you" is not.

Nope I was too. It was completely an addict response though, totally narcissistic, blame everyone else you their screw up forgetting everything they did in the past.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Alan handles that awkward kissing moment like a true gentleman and I hope they remain friends. Katherine needs someone by her side, she can’t rely on the group because no matter what, they will take Eddie’s side. Katherine should never forget the way they treated her before, the group (except Jon) hated her, saw her as a crazy, controlling wife.

On top of having serious addiction problems, Eddie is a selfish & hypocrite man, a compulsive liar & also a parasite. He doesn’t contribute much to the household, not financially, not emotionally. Does he ever come clean & tell Katherine that he almost run away with that snowflake Delilah because he cannot stand her and her love for Indian foods anymore? He ran back to her arms because Delilah ended their affair out of guilt. Katherine should kick him out again, for good this time and I bet Eddie will be crawling back to Gary’s couch in a minute. Maybe he & Maggie can be friends with benefits. 🤣

I can relate why Theo is upset, his dad will always be #1 in his book but this isn’t the first time Theo being mean to Katherine. Remember his class visit to aquarium? Katherine has addressed that behaviour & Theo has apologised. There’s also a heart-to-heart talk that they had in her office re adapting to Eddie being in a wheelchair. By now Theo must (at least) have some ideas on what Katherine is going thru. It doesn’t make sense to me why Theo suddenly put all the blame on his mom.

Still not interested in Tyrell’s storyline. Re Sophie, it’s hard to believe that she’s romantically involved with her married teacher. She met his wife before. Sophie was so mad at her mom for being “the other woman”, why would she be doing the same thing? 😳

Btw, it’s good to catch a glimpse of Saville family photo on Katherine’s desk. I totally forgot how Charlie looks like! 😬

36E0C9D2-2C1B-4502-AAD1-806F1E4AD1C7.jpeg

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, marceline said:

When Gary mentioned that he was taking care of Delilah's kids, that was the first time I've thought of her in ages. I don't miss her at all or the drama around Charlie.

Gee, thanks for reminding me of her.

Edited by Leeds
  • LOL 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, TVForever said:

I know this has probably been addressed, but is Stephanie Szostak out of the country/ unavailable for filming?

I hope so.

Edited by Leeds
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, TVForever said:

I know this has probably been addressed, but is Stephanie Szostak out of the country/ unavailable for filming?

There's some info in the media thread about her not being in any episodes lately because she was asked to take a pay cut and refused. No idea how accurate that is though.

• Useful 5
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Great news!  

Update:

Gotta pay for cable in order to watch the ABC app on my streaming. Just my internet provider is not enough.

So, still don't have ABC. Still have no clue when our affiliate will be broadcasting again. Only now they are actually posting the notice that they can't broadcast on more websites where it could be found instead of me having to look it up.

56 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

Update:

Gotta pay for cable in order to watch the ABC app on my streaming. Just my internet provider is not enough.

So, still don't have ABC. Still have no clue when our affiliate will be broadcasting again. Only now they are actually posting the notice that they can't broadcast on more websites where it could be found instead of me having to look it up.

If you have Roku you can watch on Hulu. That's what I do . I don't have cable either. Usually you have a period of free trial

Back to the episode:

The story that Eddie is telling is not what really happened, is it? He had a prescription then refused to take the pills, had a moment of confusion, flushed the pills down the toilet, called the doctor for a refill but it was too soon for that. Then he decided to steal the Vicodin. He said that he took a pill and things got out of control. That's what happens when writers are lazy.

Speaking about lazy: apparently the British actor has fulfilled his episode quota so they need a send off but what a unnecessary convoluted story. "Maggie, I think we decided that we wanted to be friends but it looks like we are more than that so instead of acknowledge that we were wrong, I will go back to England and we can both feel miserable for a while, but also feel righteously superior because we are so awesome that we can make a mess of our relationship, not know what to call it, and make the most contradictory decision we can think of. Bye"

Not missing Delilah either and confused about Charlie. Is the forever infant Charlie with Delilah in France? I missed that detail, thought she was in Boston. Either way, I am now wishing that Eddie will finish his program, decide that he needs to connect with his children - because Katherine will finally move on from his mess - then grab Theo and ship them both to Paris to reconnect with Charlie and live happily ever after with Delilah, away from the screen because his plot is boring.

By the way, Eddie should not have been in the therapy group yet. He needed to detox first, then have individual therapy, then group therapy. I don't think you put someone who is in withdrawal in a group that is supposed to be supportive

• Love 8

No, Jamie, don’t go! I was so thoroughly charmed by him. Their goodbye hug was heartbreaking. I’ve never understood the whole, “I can’t progress as a person with someone else” mentality. If you’re with the right person, you most certainly can. I really liked them together.

Shut the hell up, Theo! You’re mom is a freaking angel. I’d be done (I’d be done after Charlie, tbh) and Gary did nothing wrong by validating her incredibly reasonable feelings.

Sophie’s predatory guitar teacher...ew. Can’t wait to see Gary rip him a new one.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, TVForever said:

When TVLine asked Nash about a couple of days ago, he gave a shockingly (not actually shocking) trying too hard to be cute non-answer, “Like many people who are caught between taking care of their kids and their older parents who now need them, Delilah now finds herself in this situation during the worst possible time. She needs to be in France to be near her father, who has dementia, but she also wants to be near her kids, who as we’ll see are going through so much. How this plays out, we will leave it for the fans to see.”

Ooooooooph. Even his interview answers are kinda insufferable. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Agree. 
Of course, the Sophie/creepy teacher situation will spawn yet another PSA. 
We’re supposed to believe, in spite of his supposed changing feelings, Jamie is falling on his sword to allow Maggie sufficient “alone” time to find out who she is beyond the cancer diagnosis. Next, she’ll regret her decision to proceed with her pregnancy because she won’t know who she is beyond “mother”. Life happens, just get on with it. Reminds me of an old show I tried once to watch-“Thirty Something”. Abandoned it pretty quickly due to excessive (hour long) whining. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Daff said:

Agree. 
Of course, the Sophie/creepy teacher situation will spawn yet another PSA. 
We’re supposed to believe, in spite of his supposed changing feelings, Jamie is falling on his sword to allow Maggie sufficient “alone” time to find out who she is beyond the cancer diagnosis. Next, she’ll regret her decision to proceed with her pregnancy because she won’t know who she is beyond “mother”. Life happens, just get on with it. Reminds me of an old show I tried once to watch-“Thirty Something”. Abandoned it pretty quickly due to excessive (hour long) whining. 

Maggie is continuing her pregnancy? Since when? And how did I miss that? 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Cathy Santoni said:

No, Jamie, don’t go! I was so thoroughly charmed by him. Their goodbye hug was heartbreaking. I’ve never understood the whole, “I can’t progress as a person with someone else” mentality. If you’re with the right person, you most certainly can. I really liked them together.

Shut the hell up, Theo! You’re mom is a freaking angel. I’d be done (I’d be done after Charlie, tbh) and Gary did nothing wrong by validating her incredibly reasonable feelings.

Sophie’s predatory guitar teacher...ew. Can’t wait to see Gary rip him a new one.

Well, we didn't see Jamie get on the plane, so I'm thinking maybe they actually cancel that flight and we see him return to Maggie's loving arms in the next episode.

Eddie should sit down with Theo and have a talk about why mommy has to work to so hard to keep the family going, but that will never happen.

Have not been missing Sophie, but, yeah, Gary will likely come to her rescue, like he does with everyone on this show. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

It doesn’t make sense to me why Theo suddenly put all the blame on his mom.

It seems that somehow he's been ingrained with the expectation of a woman being the caretaker - despite his upbringing with his father as the at home parent. What I got from his rant was that it was her fault because she didn't do the things Theo thought a wife and mother should do.

11 hours ago, circumvent said:

Not missing Delilah either and confused about Charlie. Is the forever infant Charlie with Delilah in France? I missed that detail, thought she was in Boston. Either way, I am now wishing that Eddie will finish his program, decide that he needs to connect with his children - because Katherine will finally move on from his mess - then grab Theo and ship them both to Paris to reconnect with Charlie and live happily ever after with Delilah, away from the screen because his plot is boring.

I assume she is.

10 hours ago, Cathy Santoni said:

It wasn't quite shot that way - but it could be a fake-out. Sophie could be going to him to get the guitar lessons she's been whining about for awhile.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

It seems that somehow he's been ingrained with the expectation of a woman being the caretaker - despite his upbringing with his father as the at home parent. What I got from his rant was that it was her fault because she didn't do the things Theo thought a wife and mother should do.

I assume she is.

It wasn't quite shot that way - but it could be a fake-out. Sophie could be going to him to get the guitar lessons she's been whining about for awhile.

thought there was mention of her posing for him in a bikini, not really part of a normal guitar lesson

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

And when his wife called for him in the other room, he hung up awfully fast. If it was just a student that he was talking to, he’d have nothing to hide.

But it was clever of Sophie to hide his actual identity under the ex boyfriend’s name that no one knew was an ex.

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Love 5

In the photo of guitar teacher and wife on his desk, the wife looks just like Darcy. I thought it was Darcy, until I remembered that Sofie met his wife once on the street.

Re: Maggie's pregnancy, remember she didn't wait the prerequisite number of minutes after the post-Plan B pregnancy test (the one she took right in front of Jamie, then threw in the trash)? I've been wondering since then if she is actually still pregnant...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TivoFan said:

Re: Maggie's pregnancy, remember she didn't wait the prerequisite number of minutes after the post-Plan B pregnancy test (the one she took right in front of Jamie, then threw in the trash)? I've been wondering since then if she is actually still pregnant...

I could barely take a pregnancy test in front of myself.  I certainly wouldn't in front of a virtual stranger.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/8/2021 at 6:47 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Maybe not yelling, but there was a powerful lot of eye-rolling "Really, Eddie? REALLY?" in my household (of one, heh). Yes, friendship is a million little things, but none of those things is self-awareness, apparently.

I think Jamie's ... well, not logic, exactly -- was that his marriage was stifling, even though he loved his ex-wife; so any future relationship is bound to be equally limiting? Which is, I guess, technically possible, but seems more like an argument against remarrying the same person, rather than against ever marrying anybody again. Was he married to a British Maggie? Does he have so strong a type?

TL;dr: he's scared. Or he hates Boston.

Or Gary and the Million Little Thangs clusterhug gives him the wig.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, TivoFan said:

In the photo of guitar teacher and wife on his desk, the wife looks just like Darcy. I thought it was Darcy, until I remembered that Sofie met his wife once on the street.

Erin Karpluk plays Anna, I recognize her from some of Hallmark movies, she also guest starred in 9-1-1 Xmas episode. 

Edited by SnazzyDaisy