Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Love Me Or Leave Me


  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, RealReality said:

 Also, Tamara makes my short list of people who can fuck right off this episode.  Natalie is begging her BEGGING her to leave and Tamara is just sitting there, trapping Natalie in her car.  It was really ugly to watch.  No one will fuck over a woman quite like another woman.  And then for her to start taking up for him?  "He just wanted to hug you...."  dismissive and minimizing.  Why would Natalie want to hug him.  I don't care how fucking bananas she is, that was all just gross.  

I agree - I was like "DRIVE AWAY!!!!!"  Tell Mike to back away as we are DRIVING away.  Bolding:  It is 2021 and this will always be true!  So sad.

6 hours ago, RealReality said:

I am fully confused about the hotel room in Sequim.  I've paid for hotels online before, and thought they only wanted a CC on file for incidentals.  I worked at a hotel way back when, but this was before you could pre-pay a hotel, so I'm just going off memory.  Why didn't Mike put Natalie's name on the room? 

I said this earlier, but I went through this with my then fiance, I think I was able to reserve a room at another hotel over the phone.  Perhaps each hotel has a different policy?

  • Love 2
Link to comment

8 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree - I was like "DRIVE AWAY!!!!!"  Tell Mike to back away as we are DRIVING away.  Bolding:  It is 2021 and this will always be true!  So sad.

I said this earlier, but I went through this with my then fiance, I think I was able to reserve a room at another hotel over the phone.  Perhaps each hotel has a different policy?

I suppose they could. I just thought that once the room was prepaid the transaction had already happened and went through.  You just need a card in case you go all axel rose in the room.  LOL 

  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
19 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I shop at Goodwill and bought my wedding dress there. No shame in secondhand clothes, they're cheap and it's a good way to recycle. The Goodwill clothes originally came from regular stores. 

The objective, though, is to buy things that don't LOOK "used." Rebecca could use some help in that...

Rebecca appears on Reddit and Twitter a lot. She's funny, self deprecating, and warm. None of those things are making the cut on the show. 

I have been surprised to find that my goodwill is pretty expensive.  

I went to buy some "work clothes" ie old sweatpants and a tee shirt since I am working from home.  I think I ended up spending close to $20.  I could have gone to Marshall's.  LOL 

But I like my sweats broken in, LOL 

  • LOL 6
Link to comment

I had to watch the first 30 seconds of that wedding-trip car ride through my fingers with my hands over my face. It was like a horror movie. Here's Yara's romantic wedding trip, just her & her loving groom, stuffed in the backseat with Jovi's dickhead friend driving to Vegas, with another two assholes sitting up front. 

In Yara's talking heads it looks like she's wearing a bad wig & it looked like she started wearing it in Vegas, too. I wonder if pregnancy came with serious hair loss for her. Another reason to feel like hell & not want to hang out with Non Jovi's obnoxious friends.

Another week, another Andrew lie. Last week he told us that, mysteriously, she just didn't get on the plane, leaving out the small detail of the abusive texts. He has no redeeming qualities -- even though we only know this tiny aspect of his life, I feel confident in saying that. 

I can't believe Zied & Tarik are the season's most eligible bachelors but they really are looking mighty good in comparison to their cast mates.  

Edited by TakeAPinotGrigio
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
Link to comment

I think Jovi could be a good guy.  I like that he tries.  Versus Brandon who just sits there smirking. 

I truly get the impression that Jovi doesn't know any better.  And Yara is forward enough to tell him exactly what she expects and exactly what to do.

 

I think that while it may seem naggy, he seems to respond well to it and he may prefer having very clear rules and expectations.  

 

Against ALL odds, I am rooting for them. 

 

Nature gave Brandon a punchable face and his smirk does not help.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
Link to comment

I can understand Yara not liking where she is regardless of how we see NOLA. Yara wanted to be in a place where wandering around, lunching, brunching, nightclubbing with fashionistas on boulevards was the general atmosphere... NY, Beverly Hills, L.A.  But it is a me, me, me thing with her. She never reaches out to Jov, just tries to nag and whine him into doing what she wants. Even if it is a producer thing, it is so annoying her conversation doesn't vary. And the sad thing is NOONE MAKES ME WATCH IT...

  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
Link to comment

On 3/20/2021 at 7:09 AM, Maximadc said:

Stephanie - Look at her neck! She is not 52, but rather 62 or 72... or She should never advertise her clinic this way....

That's what I am saying, I am going on 50, and I am no oil painting with a hardbody BUT, she HAS, she HAS to be at least pushing 60.  And watching her is getting so disturbing to me that I may not watch anymore. 

  • Love 7
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, evansmom10 said:

That's what I am saying, I am going on 50, and I am no oil painting with a hardbody BUT, she HAS, she HAS to be at least pushing 60.  And watching her is getting so disturbing to me that I may not watch anymore. 

It's like that Seinfeld episode, sometimes she looks great, other times frightening. It's not her looks that are frightening, though it's her desperation.  

  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

It's like that Seinfeld episode, sometimes she looks great, other times frightening. It's not her looks that are frightening, though it's her desperation.  

When she’s dressed up and hair done for the talking heads she doesn’t look too bad. Any of the stuff on the beach or in her room her hair looks stringy and fake, she just looks terrible. 

  • Love 7
Link to comment
1 hour ago, evansmom10 said:

That's what I am saying, I am going on 50, and I am no oil painting with a hardbody BUT, she HAS, she HAS to be at least pushing 60.  And watching her is getting so disturbing to me that I may not watch anymore. 

Its that walk.  My parents are in the 70s and neither walk so stiffly.  

 

She either had some sort of hip replacement or there is some kind of arthritis.  Its just so jarring on someone who is clearly trying hard to be "young"

  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think Jovi could be a good guy.  I like that he tries.  Versus Brandon who just sits there smirking. 

I truly get the impression that Jovi doesn't know any better.  And Yara is forward enough to tell him exactly what she expects and exactly what to do.

 

I think that while it may seem naggy, he seems to respond well to it and he may prefer having very clear rules and expectations.  

 

Against ALL odds, I am rooting for them. 

 

Nature gave Brandon a punchable face and his smirk does not help.  

I would never have believed that I would end the season liking Jovi more than Brandon.  But I do!  I thought Brandon's parents would be the hateables in that group.  Not so fast.  Betty taught that little brat all of her passive aggressive tricks.  Jovi is not the best for sure.  But I agree that he seems pretty clueless but does respond a little when she wants something.  They won't go anywhere if he doesn't curtail the drinking a bit though.

  • Love 6
Link to comment

I can't feel sorry for Natalie.  She clearly doesn't love him, never did.  Her tears are about another sperm donor going by the wayside.  Not to mention, Mike did Natalie a solid by breaking up with her.   She wasn't happy there, she'd never be happy there.  He's too fat, too low class for her.  There's no way either would've been happy in a marriage --  they weren't even happy before the wedding when you're supposed to be in love and naive. 

She will parlay her 90 day fame, find some rich older man who finds her crazy sexy and she'll be just fine.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
Link to comment
On 3/22/2021 at 4:23 PM, steff13 said:

But Hazel also doesn't seem to want him to be involved with anyone else, which hardly seems fair.  

Is it with anyone else or just Thai women?  

 

Link to comment

 

Zied - he is a keeper. His loving parents and older sister raised him right. Of course, he is spoiled and lazy, but I feel like he has a good heart and can't hurt anyone.


Mike - no, no, and no! If somebody sends me away in the middle of a pandemic knowing that my country has closed its borders - he is dead to me. I still think this drama is fake because I can't see how you can forgive a person after that. It means he doesn't care if she lives or dies, period.


Tarik - who cares...If you want to have a very possessive wife with a girlfriend, go ahead and get married; make sure your daughter is in good hands. I would have installed cameras all over his townhouse because I can't trust Hazel at all with his daughter. Sorry, but I don't like her.


Jovi - he is OK but needs about 10 more years to mature... He can be an excellent father when he is in his late 30s... I don't see any evil in Jovi, just a very 'spring break' mentality.


Andrew - dangerous, very dangerous! Forget about the girl - she will get over it, but if I'm a parent - my child will not be even close to this private daycare. 


Brandon will never leave his parents' house. He will always blame Julia to avoid any responsibility. It will never be Brandon and Julia against his parents, but rather Brandon and his parents against Julia.

 

 

  • Love 17
Link to comment
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

Its that walk.  My parents are in the 70s and neither walk so stiffly.  

 

She either had some sort of hip replacement or there is some kind of arthritis.  Its just so jarring on someone who is clearly trying hard to be "young"

I simply think she is high/impaired all of the time and that's why her walk is so awkward.

  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
Link to comment

On 3/22/2021 at 10:02 AM, Cini said:

@mamadrama Thank you for mentioning Natalie's Ukrainian friend, I had completely forgotten about her. Isn't she married to a friend of Mike and also lives in Sequim and was the one who introduced Natalie to Mike? 

IIRC, Mike and Natalie met online after they were asked to be godparents for the  baby of Mike’s friend and Natalie’s Ukrainian friend who were married and living in the US, but I don’t think we were ever told that they also lived in Sequim. Still, it’s odd they were never mentioned again. 

I think Natalie has addressed this on the couple’s page. 

  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 3/22/2021 at 10:45 AM, seacliffsal said:

When she was looking at the ring I was all 'that's so not real as that many diamonds and the large blue sapphire would be way more expensive than what he could afford working at a daycare.' 

I thought it looked like one of those Princess Diana/Kate Middleton knockoff rings. $24.99 at Walmart 

image.jpeg.b78684c02df269c6747c20bfd6125859.jpeg

 I would love it if Rebecca’s best frenemy lets it slip at the wedding that she’s wearing the same dress she wore the last time, like she did with Rebecca and Zied living in the same apartment complex as Rebecca did with her ex.   

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Andrew has been watching too much Sesame Street

image.jpeg.43f27de53026890a0ecb40f4c9af1434.jpeg

I think maybe Andrew needs to watch a little more Sesame Street, some Mr. Rogers, Daniel Tiger and whatever other programming exists to help toddlers handle their emotions, remember to tell the truth, and have empathy.......I doubt it will help...but maybe taking him back to his emotional level and re-educating from there would help.  He’s a mean two or three year old emotionally....give him a sippy cup, sit him down several hours a day and see if he learns anything...at least it will keep him away from other women and hopefully do it where he cannot be around the daycare kids.....I would NEVER let him near my little one...never.

Edited by Medsed
  • Love 8
Link to comment

Before I comment on the train wreck, I mean show....

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO ALREADY KNOW YOU WANT TO MARRY THIS PERSON BEFORE YOU USE THE K1 PROCESS TO BRING THEM HERE!!!!!

yes, I am shouting.  These dolts need to stop with this well we have 90 days to decide what we are going to do..we don’t have a date, etc.  the US citizen partner should have done some preliminary planning and this should be a done deal. I’ve known a few people who have used this process. They married rather quickly after their foreign fiancé arrived. That’s NORMAL.

So....

Jovi and Yara  vacation Jovi, the guy who isn’t around his enabling friends who enjoy laughing at his behavior and push for him to be a drunken fool is clearly the guy Yara wants...not this turd.  She’s right to want to move away from there..not because NOLA is a bad place but because Jovi is not that guy away from there, she seems like a gal who would have said bye bye a long time ago if he was...

Mike and Natalie  who even knows what really happened. Did she do something crazy and he blew up?  Did he get cold feet?  Maybe he said he wouldn’t want a kid for a couple of years?  She never should have come here and even if things somehow work out they aren’t a match made in hell let alone heaven.....

Brandon and Julia  His mom certainly seems to like playing them off of each other...she is getting her kicks for sure.  He is a gaslighting jerk and needs to grow up a lot, like a whole lot!!  Julia seems to genuinely like him and I was rooting for her from the get go....mostly hoping she’d come to her senses and realize that she is definitely marrying the whole family....the whole odd, bossy, judgmental, passive aggressive, down right scary when mad father family.......

Tariq  and Hazel.  If this is the kind of marriage they both really want and the sweet little girl will be protected always..then go for it.  Kind of hard to believe these two are one of the least innocuous couples this season.  I feel for Hazel and really hope she finds a girl for them, and that they are happy  I also hope she really can bring her son here someday. When he was sick and Tariq said get him orange juice and she said that his family couldn’t afford it I was so sad..he was with the dad because Hazel was so poor...the kid isn’t much better off there either.....

Stephanie and ????  It doesn’t matter who she is with, they are all just pawns for her to play with   If Big Egg had said ok Rose doesn’t want me, let me grab her sister or her cousin five hours later can you imagine the outrage...Stephanie is worse than Big Egg, she is worse than most of the sex tourists we have seen thus far....very disgusting...Very

Rebecca and Zied  I like Zied.  I do not think he was being overbearing or wrong or whatever with wanting to marry sooner.  I think he thought he’d get here, they’d get married and he’d get his paperwork started. He didn’t go to HVAC school to come here and not work. She needs to stop comparing him to her ex...it’s her fault that everyone does it  so she needs to put down her big foot and tell those around her to stop it too...it is also her fault that they do that. It’s her family..she needs to set the boundaries, period.  She is childish and immature and as everyone else has stated  four marriages...she’s the common denominator.  That dress is not a flattering style and it is not appropriate Zied said he’d marry her if they wore jeans..he just wants to be married to her...if she was mature she’d realize how very sweet that is...what a dumb twelve year old

 

 

  • Love 15
Link to comment
20 hours ago, RealReality said:

I have been surprised to find that my goodwill is pretty expensive.  

I went to buy some "work clothes" ie old sweatpants and a tee shirt since I am working from home.  I think I ended up spending close to $20.  I could have gone to Marshall's.  LOL 

But I like my sweats broken in, LOL 

I like my jeans broken in! Ours is still cheap, but other area secondhand stores are definitely cheaper. Our Methodist Opportunity store still has $.25 Wednesday. 

Tamara can definitely kiss my ass. 

  • LOL 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

IIRC, Mike and Natalie met online after they were asked to be godparents for the  baby of Mike’s friend and Natalie’s Ukrainian friend who were married and living in the US, but I don’t think we were ever told that they also lived in Sequim. Still, it’s odd they were never mentioned again. 

I think Natalie has addressed this on the couple’s page. 

They met at the ceremony. I don't think they wanted to be filmed so in the 90 Day universe they don't exist. 

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Medsed said:

.I would NEVER let him near my little one...never.

Same here, and as I said before, I would not send my kids to a daycare where the mom has a speech impediment.  Makes me glad I was able to be a SAHM, as with DL one student's mom runs a daycare and.....just no.  Lots of yelling, lots of fighting, lots of crying.  I know this is probably an isolated case but no thanks.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 3/22/2021 at 5:05 AM, Cini said:

My guess is that the Mike/Natalie scripted drama will end with: Mike wants the ring back so he can propose to Natalie.

Why would Natalie want to keep the ring that, according to her, will remind her of the pain Mike inflicted on her? Why would Tamara and Natalie have to turn back to get the credit card? Mike could reserve and pay for the hotel room by phone, there is no need for a physical card. None of it makes sense, it's all just scripted to create drama and interest.

I miss the early days when the show seemed somewhat real.

Mike's assertion that "you'll just sell the ring" is exactly what I would do.  Screw him, asking for "one more hug," and "hey, can I have that ring?"  He broke it off.  Technically it's hers and whatever she does with it is her damn business.

  • Love 8
Link to comment

Finally able to finish watching and ....

I really, really felt for Natalie as she was held hostage in that car and Mike wouldn't STFU and back away. At the end credits I was half watching adn I think he made a comment about how fast she packed up and left and he can't find stuff. Cry me a river.

I think between time she first left and they came back he realized, OH SHIT THE RING! and was trying to find it. Once he asked if she had it, he was going to hug her and rip it off her hand, seriously. WTF is it with these assholes (Mike and Andrew) demanding their rings back after they treat the women like garbage. And doing so right after they inflict the wound while they are still crying?? Damn right I would sell that ring...shit, maybe she NEEDS to sell it to get onward tickets home to Ukraine once she gets TF out of dodge. Or you know, rebuild a life back home since I am guessing she quite whatever job she had, sold most of her stuff, etc. 

I think Amira was saying that she still would have maybe gone on a later flight, once her panic attack subsided....and he immediately was like, oh, ok that is how it is fine, let's talk logistics of getting the ring back to me. Asshole. His behavior is extra scary and erratic because these two talked to a lawyer before they left France and she said they had a good case to ask for an extension of her visa----the world shut down for a pandemic and travel is very, very restricted. Hopefully she is truly done with that mess.....and I agree with others who said his next fiance will be from a very impoverished place and very desperate. Oh, and that ring is fake. 

Edited by Stuckathome
add details
  • Love 8
Link to comment

4 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

.and I agree with others who said his next fiance will be from a very impoverished place and very desperate. Oh, and that ring is fake. 

Yep, Philippines, line 1.

 

29 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Mike's assertion that "you'll just sell the ring" is exactly what I would do.  Screw him, asking for "one more hug," and "hey, can I have that ring?"  He broke it off.  Technically it's hers and whatever she does with it is her damn business.

I am firmly in the camp that if it is a store bought ring, one keeps it, but a family heirloom should go back as it is has sentiment.  This case?  Keep it and sell it Natalie!  Go to a pawn shop. pawn it and text Mike "If you want it back so bad it is at Southside Pawn." Then block him.

  • Love 7
Link to comment

So, in the couples thread: 

Spoiler

It is repeated that Natalie and Mike are married, but separated. They married April 15. Now....this is so disappointing. However, if true, I imagine 1 of 2 scenarios: 

1. She can't get any flights and he actually feels a little guilt about the situation adn doesn't want to jam her up, so he marries her to keep her legal. But they as a couple are done and separate. How she is affording a place in Seattle, no idea. Cause I thought he has money issues, this show doesn't pay all THAT much, and Seattle is wicked expensive. 

2. Mike admits he is an alcoholic and begs forgiveness. Says he didn't mean to break it off, promises to get help. I throw this out there because....well, my BF of a year has a drinking problem. And sometimes, not every time, when he drinks, he gets super, super insecure and picks fights over the dumbest shit. Sometimes nothing has even happened, once he just walked in and said ok,  you need to leave. I have been told to pack my shit and leave more than once adn then when I start to actually do it, he is sobbing that he didn't mean it and I just need to ignore his dumb drunk ass. WE broke it off once and after a few days I got sucked back in by promises to cut back on the fireball. Why do I stay? I ask myself that too, but when he isn't drinking, he is the sweetest, smartest man and my complete other half. Sorry for the tangent....just my example that these two have a history, Mike may have a bigger problem than we realize and he could use it as an excuse to get her back. 

 

  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

So, in the couples thread: 

  Reveal spoiler

It is repeated that Natalie and Mike are married, but separated. They married April 15. Now....this is so disappointing. However, if true, I imagine 1 of 2 scenarios: 

1. She can't get any flights and he actually feels a little guilt about the situation adn doesn't want to jam her up, so he marries her to keep her legal. But they as a couple are done and separate. How she is affording a place in Seattle, no idea. Cause I thought he has money issues, this show doesn't pay all THAT much, and Seattle is wicked expensive. 

2. Mike admits he is an alcoholic and begs forgiveness. Says he didn't mean to break it off, promises to get help. I throw this out there because....well, my BF of a year has a drinking problem. And sometimes, not every time, when he drinks, he gets super, super insecure and picks fights over the dumbest shit. Sometimes nothing has even happened, once he just walked in and said ok,  you need to leave. I have been told to pack my shit and leave more than once adn then when I start to actually do it, he is sobbing that he didn't mean it and I just need to ignore his dumb drunk ass. WE broke it off once and after a few days I got sucked back in by promises to cut back on the fireball. Why do I stay? I ask myself that too, but when he isn't drinking, he is the sweetest, smartest man and my complete other half. Sorry for the tangent....just my example that these two have a history, Mike may have a bigger problem than we realize and he could use it as an excuse to get her back. 

 

I am going with #1

Link to comment
18 hours ago, RealReality said:

Its that walk.  My parents are in the 70s and neither walk so stiffly.  

She either had some sort of hip replacement or there is some kind of arthritis.  Its just so jarring on someone who is clearly trying hard to be "young"

She has been practicing for the hula hooping Olympics for too long.

  • LOL 9
Link to comment

I think Mike is too cheap to subsidize Natalie with an apartment, car, incidentals and face fillers.  It has to be coming from TLC so she can be on Single Life or whatever it’s called.  When she tells guys her story, their eyes will immediately glaze over and once they come to, they will change their last name, phone number, email address and car registration so she can’t hunt them down.  

Edited by Colfrmb
  • LOL 4
Link to comment

23 hours ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

I had to watch the first 30 seconds of that wedding-trip car ride through my fingers with my hands over my face. It was like a horror movie. Here's Yara's romantic wedding trip, just her & her loving groom, stuffed in the backseat with Jovi's dickhead friend driving to Vegas, with another two assholes sitting up front. 

In Yara's talking heads it looks like she's wearing a bad wig & it looked like she started wearing it in Vegas, too. I wonder if pregnancy came with serious hair loss for her. Another reason to feel like hell & not want to hang out with Non Jovi's obnoxious friends.

Another week, another Andrew lie. Last week he told us that, mysteriously, she just didn't get on the plane, leaving out the small detail of the abusive texts. He has no redeeming qualities -- even though we only know this tiny aspect of his life, I feel confident in saying that. 

I can't believe Zied & Tarik are the season's most eligible bachelors but they really are looking mighty good in comparison to their cast mates.  

I agree with your whole post, but especially about Andrew. Sadly, if (as Dr. Phil says, "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior,") then Andrew will be with us at least 3 more seasons with TLC! (A la Coltee).

  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

I agree with your whole post, but especially about Andrew. Sadly, if (as Dr. Phil says, "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior,") then Andrew will be with us at least 3 more seasons with TLC! (A la Coltee).

Maybe he and Coltee should hook up on "The Single Life."  It would save the rest of humanity from having to deal with either of them.

  • LOL 7
Link to comment
Quote

Andrew will be with us at least 3 more seasons with TLC! (A la Coltee).

NO...., PLEASE no. 

And yes, isn't it convenient how Andrew forgot to mention they had a huge blow up fight the night before where he issued an ultimatum and compared her to the kids in the daycare? Jackass. 

 

As for Rebecca & Zied.....yes, I thought it was sweet that he said that about marrying her in jeans if he needed to, it didn't matter to him. I suspect that Rebecca has never had the big fantasy wedding. And now she has some TLC money to make it happen. I have been married once and yes, did the whole big thing with the poofy dress, hundreds of guests in a cathedral ceremony. If I ever tie the knot again, I am super happy to do a small JP ceremony and nice dinner with close friends and family after. My BF is twice divorced. Both were JP ceremonies.....I was shocked when he said if we ever get married, he wants the big fancy ordeal because he hasn't ever had it and in his mind it means I am truly the one. Maybe REbecca's Moroccan ex (did you guys know that her last husband was from Morocco? And younger? lol) insisted on a quick JP ceremony and that is why Zied's wanting the same triggered her. However, in Zied's case, I think he just truly really loves the old girl and wants to be on his way to his HVAC career. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
Link to comment

Emotionally, I agree that whoever ends the engagement, the other person should get to keep the ring. However, I think the law, in most states, is that an engagement ring is given in anticipation of marriage (which is a contract.) If the marriage doesn't take place, the contract is not fulfilled and the ring returns to the person who purchased it. I don't have a degree in law, but I do watch the Peoples Court when I walk on my treadmill and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a couple of times!!

A bigger question is, why did Mike, after waiting almost 90 days and still not being sure if he wanted to marry her, give the ring back to her??

  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

They met at the ceremony. I don't think they wanted to be filmed so in the 90 Day universe they don't exist. 

I figured Natalie must have been godmother “by proxy” since she had never been to the US until now. I distinctly remember Mike explaining that they met online then he traveled to the Ukraine to meet her in person.  
But I admit the stories we are told and the reality are often two widely different things 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Medsed said:

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO ALREADY KNOW YOU WANT TO MARRY THIS PERSON BEFORE YOU USE THE K1 PROCESS TO BRING THEM HERE!!!!!

yes, I am shouting.  These dolts need to stop with this well we have 90 days to decide what we are going to do..we don’t have a date, etc.  the US citizen partner should have done some preliminary planning and this should be a done deal. I’ve known a few people who have used this process. They married rather quickly after their foreign fiancé arrived. That’s NORMAL.

 

Yes, this bugs me so much about this show. Is there not even one immigration official who watches this show and sees how the couples freely admit every week to abusing the K1 process? They must have had to swear they were getting married to obtain the visa, then they say every week on the show that they're just thinking about it. 

I'm sure the government has bigger fish to fry, but it would be really satisfying to hear that an ICE officer knocked on the door of one of these yahoos and said, "Umm, my boss watches a lot of reality tv, so......"

  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
Link to comment

23 minutes ago, Tango64 said:

Yes, this bugs me so much about this show. Is there not even one immigration official who watches this show and sees how the couples freely admit every week to abusing the K1 process? They must have had to swear they were getting married to obtain the visa, then they say every week on the show that they're just thinking about it. 

I'm sure the government has bigger fish to fry, but it would be really satisfying to hear that an ICE officer knocked on the door of one of these yahoos and said, "Umm, my boss watches a lot of reality tv, so......"

SO MUCH THIS! There's a couple on Seeking Sister Wife that's divorcing so they can apply for a K-1 for their Brazilian sister-wife, and they explain this act of immigration fraud ON CAMERA!  Instead of deporting hardworking people who've lived here for years, why can't they deport Coltee & Andrew?

  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, lilysmom said:

I do watch the Peoples Court when I walk on my treadmill and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a couple of times!!

And that makes you our resident legal expert!

1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

If I ever tie the knot again, I am super happy to do a small JP ceremony and nice dinner with close friends and family after. My BF is twice divorced. Both were JP ceremonies.....I was shocked when he said if we ever get married, he wants the big fancy ordeal because he hasn't ever had it and in his mind it means I am truly the one.

When I got remarried my 52 year groom had never been married and I was wishing and hoping he wanted small as I was NOT going to go big again, lol.  He wanted 50 people, max, no dance and a lunch afterwards.  SOLD!!!

 

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe he and Coltee should hook up on "The Single Life."  It would save the rest of humanity from having to deal with either of them.

We can only dare to dream but what about Mother Debbie?

  • Love 3
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

SO MUCH THIS! There's a couple on Seeking Sister Wife that's divorcing so they can apply for a K-1 for their Brazilian sister-wife, and they explain this act of immigration fraud ON CAMERA!  Instead of deporting hardworking people who've lived here for years, why can't they deport Coltee & Andrew?

Wait......I thought that SSW never aired?

Link to comment
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I figured Natalie must have been godmother “by proxy” since she had never been to the US until now. I distinctly remember Mike explaining that they met online then he traveled to the Ukraine to meet her in person.  
But I admit the stories we are told and the reality are often two widely different things 

Yeah, there's quite a bit they've left out of this one. It's hard to remember what they said on the show vs reality. Some of the pictures they showed on Natalie in their first season were clearly taken on Mike's property, yet they continue to try to make us believe that Natalie had never been to the US until this season. 

In their in initial episode Mike said that the start of their romance was when he started texting her. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

So, in the couples thread: 

  Hide contents

It is repeated that Natalie and Mike are married, but separated. They married April 15. Now....this is so disappointing. However, if true, I imagine 1 of 2 scenarios: 

1. She can't get any flights and he actually feels a little guilt about the situation adn doesn't want to jam her up, so he marries her to keep her legal. But they as a couple are done and separate. How she is affording a place in Seattle, no idea. Cause I thought he has money issues, this show doesn't pay all THAT much, and Seattle is wicked expensive. 

2. Mike admits he is an alcoholic and begs forgiveness. Says he didn't mean to break it off, promises to get help. I throw this out there because....well, my BF of a year has a drinking problem. And sometimes, not every time, when he drinks, he gets super, super insecure and picks fights over the dumbest shit. Sometimes nothing has even happened, once he just walked in and said ok,  you need to leave. I have been told to pack my shit and leave more than once adn then when I start to actually do it, he is sobbing that he didn't mean it and I just need to ignore his dumb drunk ass. WE broke it off once and after a few days I got sucked back in by promises to cut back on the fireball. Why do I stay? I ask myself that too, but when he isn't drinking, he is the sweetest, smartest man and my complete other half. Sorry for the tangent....just my example that these two have a history, Mike may have a bigger problem than we realize and he could use it as an excuse to get her back. 

 

Yara?

  • LOL 3
Link to comment

Rebecca and Zied: I think Rebecca is so pathetic. Seriously, this is your fourth wedding and you're wearing a white gown. That ship has sailed and hit a iceberg and sunk. Just pick up a justice of the peace and head to your nearby drive through for a happy meal. Zied, go home before it's too late. And during the scene where they were shopping for clothes for the wedding, I was in tears laughing.

Mike and Natalie: I think Natalie should not return the engagement ring to Mike. That was given to her, so it’s HERS now! That was so rude of Mike to even ask while she was clearly hurting so badly! And then to have the nerve to ask for a hug? I would flush that ring down the toilet!

Mike wasted her time from the BEGINNING! He knew he didn’t want to marry her but yet let her come with her hoping things would go well. Now, I did dog her earlier this season, but he legit wasted all of her time. Mind you, he definitely had a little something in his system the night before. Now that liquid courage is gone and he’s back to his jerk self.

Andrew and Amira: I’ve said it before, and I will say it again: Andrew is an abusive person. He has a strong victim mindset. He’s all confused why she didn’t come to the US when the messages show how much of a jerk he is. He pressures her but for the simple fact she wasn’t ready for kids at the very moment he has a tantrum. And after seeing the messages he sent Amira this episode, I can confirm he is a massive textbook abuser. Amira dodged a major bullet. 

 

  • Love 4
Link to comment
11 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Mike's assertion that "you'll just sell the ring" is exactly what I would do.  Screw him, asking for "one more hug," and "hey, can I have that ring?"  He broke it off.  Technically it's hers and whatever she does with it is her damn business.

You know we are some petty betties because I thought the exact same thing.  

I'm probably pettier (word?) though because I'd email him a screenshot of the listing on ebay. 

  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...