Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Love Me Or Leave Me

• Start Topic

You know, the White wedding dress didn't originally signify virginity, it signified wealth. Most women only had 2-5 dresses and those were hard to clean. A white wedding dress showed that not only could you afford a new dress JUST for that occasion, but you could even afford to get it cleaned. It's pop culture, mostly film and literature, that's turned the white wedding dress into a purity thing. Queen Victoria originated it and rich women of her time wanted to follow suit.

So if Rebecca wants to wear white (or burgundy or black or neon green) to her 4th wedding then more power to her. I don't care if girlfriend shows up in Shavel's black rainbow disco bodysuit (LAL style). 

But damn it, could she BE any crazier about this? I just want to shake her, and everyone else, and be like "This is a pandemic and you only had 90 days to start with! Just get this shit DONE already!!" 

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

So if Rebecca wants to wear white (or burgundy or black or neon green) to her 4th wedding then more power to her. I don't care if girlfriend shows up in Shavel's black rainbow disco bodysuit (LAL style). 

But damn it, could she BE any crazier about this? I just want to shake her, and everyone else, and be like "This is a pandemic and you only had 90 days to start with! Just get this shit DONE already!!" 

LOL, that disco ball liberache bellbottom cat suit!

I still kinda wonder where she found that.  

So, who do you think is more extra about their wedding...Tania or Rebecca?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL, that disco ball liberache bellbottom cat suit!

I still kinda wonder where she found that.  

So, who do you think is more extra about their wedding...Tania or Rebecca?

Gonna have to go with Rebecca. Tania's was weird, but at least it was her first. Rebecca is all over the place with hers, and I don't like how she's treating Zied . She's basically acting like she's the mom trying to coordinate a Bar Mitzvah for a teen who really just wants to be home playing Call of Duty. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I can't understand Amira and Andrew. is she mentally slow?

he is a loser. not just because he is a man working in a home daycare with his mom, but the hair, the cheap polyester clothes, the unwashed appearance....the body that makes me think of Grimace (if anyone is old enough to remember that reference).

his life seems like a depressing lump of nothing.  she is not moving to a glamorous part of California, his apartment is ugly...everything is ugly about the entire situation.  hell, Coltee is a step up from this guy.

on top of all of this he sounds like an asshole.  now sometimes women or men put up with assholes, maybe for money or lifestyle or looks...but this guy has none of this.

what is wrong with Amira that she can't find a better situation in France? she is beautiful, but has never mentioned a career....is she able to work? why can't she go to school?  was she dropped on her head as a baby? why????

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
On 3/23/2021 at 5:24 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree - I was like "DRIVE AWAY!!!!!"  Tell Mike to back away as we are DRIVING away.  Bolding:  It is 2021 and this will always be true!  So sad.

My repeated comment: "GO! Fucking GO, Tamara! Geez!" She just sat there looking back and forth at them. If I had been driving, I would be all "Leave her alone! You're just making it worse! Driving away NOW." Of course, I wouldn't have gone back there in the first place and Mike could have just reimbursed me. And I never liked Natalie so am annoyed that he made me feel sorry for her!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

My repeated comment: "GO! Fucking GO, Tamara! Geez!" She just sat there looking back and forth at them. If I had been driving, I would be all "Leave her alone! You're just making it worse! Driving away NOW." Of course, I wouldn't have gone back there in the first place and Mike could have just reimbursed me. And I never liked Natalie so am annoyed that he made me feel sorry for her!

And then the whole "we'll have to go back to Mike's" without offering ANY alternative suggestion.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

And then the whole "we'll have to go back to Mike's" without offering ANY alternative suggestion.

I was thinking about this and Tamara has to live near Mile. She might not have wanted to upset him too much because she's a neighbor so she did what she needed to do and she may not have had the funds to pay for the hotel herself. I really can't blame her since she was going out of her way to do them a favor.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Right?  How much are hotel rooms in Sequim, or any other hotel on the way to the airport?  I probably would have just paid for it and let it go.  Not worth my mental health to chase sasquatch mike around the world for $150 for a hotel room.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

1 hour ago, CruiseDiva said:

I was thinking about this and Tamara has to live near Mile. She might not have wanted to upset him too much because she's a neighbor so she did what she needed to do and she may not have had the funds to pay for the hotel herself. I really can't blame her since she was going out of her way to do them a favor.

I kept wondering why Natalie couldn't just crash at Tamara's.

I hate to be bothered too, but I wouldn't have felt so beholden to a neighbor that I would do something that was...just wrong.  That whole scene gave me second hand anxiety.  Natalie is in the middle of nowhere, Mike is ready to pounce with questions, hugs and demands for the ring the minute she leaves the safety of the car and Tamara was just sitting there like a damned fool.  It was a very ugly scene and I wonder if Tamara is getting backlash for it.  

I don't know if they are doing a tell all this year, but if this ring is so important to Mike, why did he risk giving it to Natalie knowing full damn well he wasn't going to marry her?  I really don't get it. 

He gave her the ring like 2 weeks before her visa expired.  He already listened to her call him fat, ugly and stupid, so I don't think she did anything worse than that in the final 2 weeks.   

He has NEVER seemed that into the idea of the marriage.  Like why didn't he take like $100 and go buy some cheapie ring to give her.  Tell Natalie you lost the other one or your mom wanted it back.  

Natalie needed A ring, not THAT ring.  

• Love 10
6 hours ago, christmaslights said:

he is a loser. not just because he is a man working in a home daycare with his mom, but the hair, the cheap polyester clothes, the unwashed appearance....the body that makes me think of Grimace (if anyone is old enough to remember that reference).

his life seems like a depressing lump of nothing.  she is not moving to a glamorous part of California, his apartment is ugly...everything is ugly about the entire situation.  hell, Coltee is a step up from this guy.

on top of all of this he sounds like an asshole.  now sometimes women or men put up with assholes, maybe for money or lifestyle or looks...but this guy has none of this.

what is wrong with Amira that she can't find a better situation in France? she is beautiful, but has never mentioned a career....is she able to work? why can't she go to school?  was she dropped on her head as a baby? why????

Girl, ALL of this, x1000.

Andrew looks like a guy with perpetually dirty and grubby nails.  Gross.

His apartment looks like a budget motel.  

Can you imagine going from living around cute french bistros and literal CASTLES to freaking Danville?  Roseville?  Ugh.  I like the suburbs, but just no.  

She'd be, I guess, kinda close to SF.  

Please stop insulting Grimace, he is a gentleman and a scholar compared to Andrew.*

If we had a game of FMK with Grimace, Andrew and Colt, Andrew would still end up dead, because at least the sex would be over in like 5 seconds with Colt.  

* - just kidding

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, CruiseDiva said:

She wouldn't have had to upset him. All she had to say when Natalie was sobbing and begging to leave was, "Sorry, Mike, but you're both really upset so i think it's best to get on the road. I'll call you in a little bit."

She didn't have to chastise Natalie for refusing to hug him, either. 

Going another 6 hours (hotel-Sequiem-hotel-home) would've had me pausing. There are other options for the hotel room without taking Natalie straight back to Mike's or to her own home. Such as suggesting Natalie stay with her best friend, asking Natalie if SHE had any money she could use to rent a new room on her own...hell, even talking to production. They have interfered and stepped in a time or two. 

• Love 10
On 3/23/2021 at 5:09 PM, Opine said:

I would never have believed that I would end the season liking Jovi more than Brandon.  But I do!  I thought Brandon's parents would be the hateables in that group.  Not so fast.  Betty taught that little brat all of her passive aggressive tricks.  Jovi is not the best for sure.  But I agree that he seems pretty clueless but does respond a little when she wants something.  They won't go anywhere if he doesn't curtail the drinking a bit though.

I wonder if they told Brandon to step it up and cause some angst before the wedding.  They both actually like each other and the show probably thought it was too boring.  They seemed to switch sides where now the mother is the logical one. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

There are other options for the hotel room without taking Natalie straight back to Mike's or to her own home. Such as suggesting Natalie stay with her best friend, asking Natalie if SHE had any money she could use to rent a new room on her own...hell, even talking to production. They have interfered and stepped in a time or two. 

Amira had a beautiful hotel in Amsterdam, I don't think she could have paid for it herself. so I assume production paid for it.  If she could (afford such a nice hotel)  then why would she be with that lower middle class greasy grimy renaissance fair reject?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

There are other options for the hotel room without taking Natalie straight back to Mike's or to her own home. Such as suggesting Natalie stay with her best friend, asking Natalie if SHE had any money she could use to rent a new room on her own...hell, even talking to production. They have interfered and stepped in a time or two. 

Exactly. There were other options that this looks like a production setup.  

We never heard about the parents of Mike's & Natalie's mutual godchild, but they would realistically be one of her first contacts - even for emotional support, since she didn't tell anyone in Ukraine.   They would have been more rational, because they weren't in the middle of the negotiations for hugs or the ring.  If they did not want to appear onscreen, TLC could have used a narrative screen.  I believe that they did that with Danielle and Mohammed and their WalMart friend Tom.  The last scenes would have been Natalie in the airport motel, or Mike, crying at the table, consoled by  the cat, or at the stove, making Uncle Beau pancakes on the following Sunday.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, christmaslights said:

My hubby's take on Amira is that she has led a very sheltered life.  I wonder if her citizenship is not French but Egyptian?  That was suggested and perhaps if she is seen/identifies as Muslim that could be a problem as well.

15 hours ago, christmaslights said:

100% to all this plus his way of speaking, like an unemployed actor:  "Amira....is in Mexico.....and I......can't help her."  

How DARE YOU drag the reputation of the Grimace through the mud!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 3/25/2021 at 2:53 PM, Scout Finch said:

And I never liked Natalie so am annoyed that he made me feel sorry for her!

Think about people like ME...who do like Natalie.  Mike is a spoiled brat who grew up to be the epitome (epi-TOME) of the male chauvinist--except around Mommy.  (Dictionary definition: a male who patronizes, disparages, or otherwise denigrates females in the belief that they are inferior to males and thus deserving of less than equal treatment or benefit.)  He needs a small, subservient female who is happy to cook, clean, wash, clean, be a yes-woman, and clean.  She'd better be damned pretty too!

On 3/25/2021 at 8:51 AM, mamadrama said:

She's basically acting like she's the mom trying to coordinate a Bar Mitzvah for a teen who really just wants to be home playing Call of Duty.

And that, Ladies and Gents, is why there have been so many weddings.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 3/22/2021 at 11:59 AM, jacksgirl said:

record Dr. Now, Tammy and Amy and Sister Wives. Draw the line at Mama June.

Whoa...didn't even consider one moment of  Mama June, but I saw the pilot of Sister Wives--was that 43 years ago?  That husband with his icky hair trying to flow in the breeze driving his sports car was enough for me.  Never watched again.  Sometimes I'll see previews of their show and wonder how/why with so many females in his family--he's allowed to look like THAT.  He sure does enjoy some self-love.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, christmaslights said:

when Brandon showed his special surprise bubble bath....all I focused on was the mold on the tile. 

Omg there's no new ep thread but  I came here to literally say "just when you thought you saw the worst of Ron and Betty's house.... you have not." 

• LOL 7
On 3/24/2021 at 10:22 PM, mamadrama said:

You know, the White wedding dress didn't originally signify virginity, it signified wealth. Most women only had 2-5 dresses and those were hard to clean. A white wedding dress showed that not only could you afford a new dress JUST for that occasion, but you could even afford to get it cleaned. It's pop culture, mostly film and literature, that's turned the white wedding dress into a purity thing. Queen Victoria originated it and rich women of her time wanted to follow suit.

Thank you! Every time I hear people going on about "wearing white" I cringe.  Its like registering. Originally, upper class (and aspiring, I suppose) folks went to the local jeweler/fine porcelain/silver merchant (in Boston it was Shreve, Crump and Low) and registered their china and silver patterns, so that friends and relatives would know what place setting to send as a wedding gift. Even their poor maiden auntie could gift them a silver spoon or a cup and saucer. Gifts were sent to the brides's family home and displayed before the wedding, and people came over to see them. Can you imagine? 

On 3/25/2021 at 5:53 PM, Scout Finch said:

Tamara must be one of those women who watches "Twilight" with tears in her eyes, wishing she had a guy like Edward. Shudder. She is way too into abusive relationships masquerading as true devotion. 

On 3/25/2021 at 11:50 PM, RealReality said:

I kept wondering why Natalie couldn't just crash at Tamara's.

Maybe Tamara has a very small place, or lots of pets who take up all the sofa space, or is a hoarder and doesn't want anyone at her house, or has OCD and can't bear anyone to touch her things or drinks and doesn't want anyone to know. There are lots of reasons. In any case, this whole drama is all made up, with all the "oh my god we have to go back" and this ridiculous unbelievable scenario with the credit card. Is everyone in the writers room at Sharp smoking crack? 

On 3/26/2021 at 8:59 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

My hubby's take on Amira is that she has led a very sheltered life.  I wonder if her citizenship is not French but Egyptian?  That was suggested and perhaps if she is seen/identifies as Muslim that could be a problem as well.

Her accent is French. And you can be both French and Muslim. Didn't she say her mother was French and her father Egyptian? I don't see any reason to think that she's not a French citizen. I mean, WE all can't imagine why she'd want to leave her lovely rural village in France to come to Crapville, California, but village life is not for everyone. Besides, I think this story is all made up too. There are way too many holes in it. If Amira didn't seem like such a dud I'd say she was just doing it for a lark. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Thank you! Every time I hear people going on about "wearing white" I cringe.  Its like registering. Originally, upper class (and aspiring, I suppose) folks went to the local jeweler/fine porcelain/silver merchant (in Boston it was Shreve, Crump and Low) and registered their china and silver patterns, so that friends and relatives would know what place setting to send as a wedding gift. Even their poor maiden auntie could gift them a silver spoon or a cup and saucer. Gifts were sent to the brides's family home and displayed before the wedding, and people came over to see them. Can you imagine? 

Tamara must be one of those women who watches "Twilight" with tears in her eyes, wishing she had a guy like Edward. Shudder. She is way too into abusive relationships masquerading as true devotion. 

Maybe Tamara has a very small place, or lots of pets who take up all the sofa space, or is a hoarder and doesn't want anyone at her house, or has OCD and can't bear anyone to touch her things or drinks and doesn't want anyone to know. There are lots of reasons. In any case, this whole drama is all made up, with all the "oh my god we have to go back" and this ridiculous unbelievable scenario with the credit card. Is everyone in the writers room at Sharp smoking crack? 

Her accent is French. And you can be both French and Muslim. Didn't she say her mother was French and her father Egyptian? I don't see any reason to think that she's not a French citizen. I mean, WE all can't imagine why she'd want to leave her lovely rural village in France to come to Crapville, California, but village life is not for everyone. Besides, I think this story is all made up too. There are way too many holes in it. If Amira didn't seem like such a dud I'd say she was just doing it for a lark. 

In some communitiesin North Dakota this is still done - displaying the gifts at the reception.

I know one can be French and Muslim, I am trying to figure out what seems to be missing from their story.  It is a puzzler!

23 hours ago, christmaslights said:

I think Amira became physically nauseous at the suggestion of birthing Andrew's children and raising them in that ugly apartment and germy home daycare.

I know I would. 

And I could not take listening to mom in law with a lisp.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I did this when I married.  Solitaire by Lenox china and cyrstal and Damask Rose sterling. ( Also I inherited a boatload of various sterling and china) Mother would have fainted dead away at the idea of showing the gifts at the reception, but she did have it on display at the  house if anyone stopped by.  In fact my daughter who married 5 years ago picked out crystal and Lenox Eternal for china.  I had to give her a push to do it, but she is really glad she did now. She sets a gorgeous table and also bakes really great desserts. 

What are the chances that Rebecca can get thru the last episode and her wedding to Zied without mentioning her 27 year old ex from Morocco?

As to Rebecca wearing white.   She said the dress is too small.  Also it is sleeveless.   I know I sound like a prudish, clueless old lady --that is, an old fuddy duddy--but I just can't appreciate looking at her in that dress with her sleeved colorful tattoos.  I am sorry.  I just find that so unattractive and distracting.  

I gave up on Amira and Andrew.  I fast forward thru them now like I do with Tarzel.   Stephani is just a trainwreck so I still watch her.  This just has not been an entertaining "cast" for me.   I had hope that Ma Brandon would lop off one of Pa Brandon's ears the other night, but TLC disappointed me.  Sigh.......

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Omg there's no new ep thread but  I came here to literally say "just when you thought you saw the worst of Ron and Betty's house.... you have not." 

I couldn't set my bare self down in a bathtub with a black mold ring, kind of a romance killer.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Twopper said:

What are the chances that Rebecca can get thru the last episode and her wedding to Zied without mentioning her 27 year old ex from Morocco?

I bet her ex from Morocco is mentioned in her vows, lol. 

Makes me wonder why she fails to mention the other ex husbands and where they are from.

The full sleeve of tattoos are distracting in a wedding dress but to each her own, it's not my thing either and it is hard to look like you are are going to a formal event although we are talking about Rebecca, she is the epitome of casual.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I bet her ex from Morocco is mentioned in her vows, lol. 

Makes me wonder why she fails to mention the other ex husbands and where they are from.

The full sleeve of tattoos are distracting in a wedding dress but to each her own, it's not my thing either and it is hard to look like you are are going to a formal event although we are talking about Rebecca, she is the epitome of casual.

And why is she so shocked that Zied is going to wear his red jacket ("it's not bright red is it?") and blue shoes. You go, Zee! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

I did this when I married.  Solitaire by Lenox china and cyrstal and Damask Rose sterling. ( Also I inherited a boatload of various sterling and china) Mother would have fainted dead away at the idea of showing the gifts at the reception, but she did have it on display at the  house if anyone stopped by.  In fact my daughter who married 5 years ago picked out crystal and Lenox Eternal for china.  I had to give her a push to do it, but she is really glad she did now. She sets a gorgeous table and also bakes really great desserts. 

that is fantastic that your daughter uses her china and crystal. I didn't think the younger ones cared about formal place settings.

I registered for a full set of wedgewood and crystal on the advice of my mom 25 years ago....and I have 4 complete sets of inherited sterling silver from both sides of my family, along with platters and serving pieces. several generations back, from Philadelphia side of my family... have never used any of them. the china is still in original packaging. I was offered both of my grandmother's china as well.  my mom and I joke that we can't remember where we hid all the silver.  it's stashed somewhere. we say that we should have it melted down for cash, but I certainly don't want to be the one to do that. I'll just pass it on to my daughter and pretend that she might someday use it.

Edited by christmaslights
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

And why is she so shocked that Zied is going to wear his red jacket ("it's not bright red is it?") and blue shoes. You go, Zee! 

Meanwhile she is in a sleeveless dress to better display her tattoos. Clutching her pearls over Zied's shoes. I cannot even. 

12 hours ago, christmaslights said:

that is fantastic that your daughter uses her china and crystal. I didn't think the younger ones cared about formal place settings.

I registered for a full set of wedgewood and crystal on the advice of my mom 25 years ago....and I have 4 complete sets of inherited sterling silver from both sides of my family, along with platters and serving pieces. several generations back, from Philadelphia side of my family... have never used any of them. the china is still in original packaging. I was offered both of my grandmother's china as well.  my mom and I joke that we can't remember where we hid all the silver.  it's stashed somewhere. we say that we should have it melted down for cash, but I certainly don't want to be the one to do that. I'll just pass it on to my daughter and pretend that she might someday use it.

I married in 1987 and I'm not a fine china and silver type of person so no registry for me. My friend did register for china, I remember, but she always did appreciate the finer things in life. An older friend of the family gave me a crystal vase which was lovely but very much not me, I think I eventually yard saled it. My husband's godmother gave us a Czeska crystal bowl which she made sure to tell me she got at Nieman Marcus if I wanted to return it. Its on top of my fridge, I used to keep cigarettes in it when I smoked, now its just a catch all for odd things that don't have a home. I'm a blue collar person and not aspirational at all, I don't have a formal dining room or any crystal or silver, it just doesn't suit my lifestyle. My  92 year old mother has a full set of fancy china that she inherited from her aunt, we haven't even used it at Christmas for the last 10 years or so. I certainly don't want it, and I only have a son, so it will be donated or given to anyone who wants it when the time comes!

On 3/23/2021 at 2:00 AM, RealReality said:

A few other notes

1.  Normally the coconut guy has a machete so you can get to that amazing coconut water.  You have not LIVED until you had fresh coconut water out of a Belizean coconut.  

2. Drunk mommy Stephanie wants to make sure you have snacks for the trip.  $100 worth of snacks....in exchange for services rendered.  

3. Mike really asking for his ring back.  Dude, fuck that guy.  I'm so glad she kept that ring.  If the ring was that important to him, he shouldn't have given it to Natalie knowing full well he didn't want to marry her.  Now he is trying to guilt her into giving him back the ring?  Its okay not to want to marry her, its not okay to tell her the night before the wedding.  And to really bring it up the day before she leaves?  

4. Also, Tamara makes my short list of people who can fuck right off this episode.  Natalie is begging her BEGGING her to leave and Tamara is just sitting there, trapping Natalie in her car.  It was really ugly to watch.  No one will fuck over a woman quite like another woman.  And then for her to start taking up for him?  "He just wanted to hug you...."  dismissive and minimizing.  Why would Natalie want to hug him.  I don't care how fucking bananas she is, that was all just gross.  

5. Also, Matt Sharp and all the producers can fuck off, for forcing me on Natalies side.  But right is right and wrong is wrong.  And that was ugly and wrong. Maybe Mike will explain himself and there will be a logical explanation, but I cannot imagine what it could possibly be. 

6. Natalie is either preggers, or she will need to either buy new clothes or start working out immediately because those jeans were looking ready to pop.  

7. Its amusing to me that Stephanie wants to talk to Harris's ex-gf/wife.  I don't think she understands poverty.  There is a good chance that Ella would be happy for Harris to move to the US even if it means that he is banging old drunk Stephanie.  They are poor, this is a golden opportunity Harris never thought he'd get.  Its a come up for the entire family and it will help feed, clothe and educate her children.  Good chance she will make the sacrifice.  

8.  Listen, I get it, you're a tourist and you wanna have fun.  But maybe don't be a rich, old, drunken white lady tottering around with a purse that has a picture of a $100 on it....and literally store $100 bills in it.  

9. Stephanie calling Belize paradise.  It is, but she just doesn't get it.  As beautiful as belize is, as balmy the weather and as delicious the coconut water, its not a "paradise" if you're poor in a third world country and working for a pittance.  

10. Maybe Jovi is really the worst, but I'm starting to develop a soft spot for him.  He really does seem to listen to Yara and I think he tries, but at the end of the day, he is 27, so in man years, that means he is like 13, right?  Just kidding.  I really like the way he listens and seems to think about what she is saying.  He looks like he is processing, not just waiting for his turn to talk and defend himself.  If they want to make it work, I think they have to move or they should move.  Heck, maybe they can move to Vegas, the housing out there is fairly inexpensive or they could get a fantastic condo.  I really don't think he has a well developed sense of sympathy, to help him even consider how Yara might feel until she sits him down and tells him.  She should have put her foot down about the friends.  Yara may be the best thing for Jovi.  She makes her expectations clear, she doesn't back down and she knows her worth.  

11.  I am fully confused about the hotel room in Sequim.  I've paid for hotels online before, and thought they only wanted a CC on file for incidentals.  I worked at a hotel way back when, but this was before you could pre-pay a hotel, so I'm just going off memory.  Why didn't Mike put Natalie's name on the room?  Why didn't he just call to make sure it would be set?  Did Michael really pre-pay this room or did he just book a reservation?  Does Tamara not have a credit card?  Also, why cant Natalie spend the night at Tamara's house?  Like JFC, is Tamara getting paid extra for putting Natalie into these awful situations?  

Best post ever!

Well done and well said. Really made me think!

Lol we really are so smart and so funny here on these forums. 

I wish I could see my own mistakes as clearly as I do for these people!

• Love 3

I wouldn't want to stay at Tamara's house if I were Natalie.

Don't want to be right next door to someone who just did that to me. He'd possibly be bothering her all night to get the ring back. Just go away. 

Poor Mother Natalie. Her daughter that she loves so much is on her third marriage halfway around the world. No seeing possible future grandchildren often. She probably broke her back to work hard for her family. Did Father pass away? Anyway, poor Mother surely taught daughter to cook, clean keep nice house for man, etc. And it's just not happening for Nat. 

I am twice divorced, both times choosing the wrong person because of low self-esteem. So I try not to be too judgy on those with similar situations.Also second divorce fueled by my diagnosis of MS five years into the marriage. Not good for any marriage. But, if someone has  three divorces -  that is my hall pass for judgyness full force! 

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2
On 3/27/2021 at 6:05 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

In some communitiesin North Dakota this is still done - displaying the gifts at the reception.

I know one can be French and Muslim, I am trying to figure out what seems to be missing from their story.  It is a puzzler!

And I could not take listening to mom in law with a lisp.

Like listening to Coltee’s mom.

• Love 1

On what planet do beautiful French women fall for fat, abusive day care workers who live with their Mom? 

Sasquatch Mike had more chemistry with Nutalie’s Mom, than with her.  He ordered the wrong Ukrainian bride. Do they have cougars in Kiev ?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, jnymph said:

Sasquatch Mike had more chemistry with Nutalie’s Mom, than with her.  He ordered the wrong Ukrainian bride. Do they have cougars in Kiev ?

Well, to be fair, Mama treated him nicer and didn't spend every minute criticizing his every move and putting him down for eating meat and being stupid.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Well, to be fair, Mama treated him nicer and didn't spend every minute criticizing his every move and putting him down for eating meat and being stupid.

And drinking.  And thinking root beer has alcohol in it.  She would have flipped her lid at my consuming beer cheese soup for lunch the other day!

• LOL 2
On 3/28/2021 at 1:53 PM, seasons said:

Best post ever!

Well done and well said. Really made me think!

Lol we really are so smart and so funny here on these forums. 

I wish I could see my own mistakes as clearly as I do for these people!

Aww shucks....internet hugs.  I've been feeling stupid all week (and its only Tuesday!) so I needed this, thank you!

On 3/28/2021 at 7:30 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Meanwhile she is in a sleeveless dress to better display her tattoos. Clutching her pearls over Zied's shoes. I cannot even. 

I'm watching the scene now, and I think it would have been absolutely perfect if Rebecca wore one of her creepy sweaters with Zied's face silk screened on it and if Zied had worn one of the creepy sweaters Rebecca made him with her photoshopped and filtered face on it.  

I think that would have just been perfect.  So much better than Rebecca and that dress. 

On 3/27/2021 at 4:15 PM, christmaslights said:

I couldn't set my bare self down in a bathtub with a black mold ring, kind of a romance killer.  

More of a romance killer than Brandon's hairless prepubescent bird chest?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Zied singlehandedly destroying the ozone layer with that hair spray....does he have stock in AquaNet?

Rebecca looks silly in that jerryrigged dress, she is no McGuyver, thats for sure.  

I'm confused about the dress code for this wedding.....is this the best anyone could do?  Are these two heading to a monster truck rally after this?

Also, Rebecca's daughter's "fiance" gives me all sorts of bad vibes.  How many times has he implicitly and casually threatened Zied with some form of physical violence if he "does Rebecca wrong"  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Zied singlehandedly destroying the ozone layer with that hair spray....does he have stock in AquaNet?

I was ALL ABOUT Aquanet back in the 80's!!!  The higher the hair, the closer to God, right?

Mike - you are divorced and hesitant to get married again.  I get it, I have been divorced, and I had to swallow hard and think twice before doing it again.  But you are being a legit asshole over the whole thing.  Sitting there, looking glum, dangling her like a trinket, repeating over and OVER "We got a lot of stuff to work out"  while doing nothing to work towards this goal.  

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

More of a romance killer than Brandon's hairless prepubescent bird chest?

Am I old?  Is the thought of bathing with someone unappealing to anyone else?  We were on a second honeymoon trip and it had a giant whirlpool bathtub and I asked my hubby NOT to join me, lol!  Plus he is six seven so I doubt he would fit.

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I've been feeling stupid all week (and its only Tuesday!) so I needed this, thank you!

Hang in there, @RealReality!!  I have been teaching in three different models for a year and I feel stupid all the time.  I have never been a day counter but I am counting the days till my last duty day.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I was ALL ABOUT Aquanet back in the 80's!!!  The higher the hair, the closer to God, right?

Mike - you are divorced and hesitant to get married again.  I get it, I have been divorced, and I had to swallow hard and think twice before doing it again.  But you are being a legit asshole over the whole thing.  Sitting there, looking glum, dangling her like a trinket, repeating over and OVER "We got a lot of stuff to work out"  while doing nothing to work towards this goal.  

Am I old?  Is the thought of bathing with someone unappealing to anyone else?  We were on a second honeymoon trip and it had a giant whirlpool bathtub and I asked my hubby NOT to join me, lol!  Plus he is six seven so I doubt he would fit.

Hang in there, @RealReality!!  I have been teaching in three different models for a year and I feel stupid all the time.  I have never been a day counter but I am counting the days till my last duty day.

Ahhh, thank you.  You are always so kind.  I think anyone who works with kids is a genius.  

On 3/30/2021 at 4:08 PM, RealReality said:

Ahhh, thank you.  You are always so kind.  I think anyone who works with kids is a genius.  

Thank you.  We started out with a M/W group, a T/Th group, Friday is a flex day to make up work and do Specials.  After Thanksgiving we went to full on DL, we returned to the first model in February, then four days a week in March,  after break we go to five days with Friday being early release.  I have changed my schedule SO MANY TIMES plus I work with all grade levels.  Plus getting new kids added to my caseload.  This week I am just on decompress.  Had a massage today, though!!!! 😊  Again, thank you! 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, christmaslights said:

I say give the guy back his ring, if it was his mother's....I doubt it is a big diamond or very fashionable. I wouldn't want to keep the ring of a former almost mother-in law.  did we ever see this ring?

And thats on him for risking the ring when he knew he didn't want to marry natalie.  

Mike made the ring unimportant by giving it to a batshit crazy woman he never intended to marry.  Next time he wants to string a woman along be shouldn't risk something that is so important to him.  

Had everything been on the up and up and he had an honest intent to marry her id feel differently.  But I really think the door was barely open when she came to Washington, and it completely shut when she called him fat, ugly and stupid.  

If Mike lost that ring its his own fault.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, RealReality said:

And thats on him for risking the ring when he knew he didn't want to marry natalie.  

Mike made the ring unimportant by giving it to a batshit crazy woman he never intended to marry.  Next time he wants to string a woman along be shouldn't risk something that is so important to him.  

Had everything been on the up and up and he had an honest intent to marry her id feel differently.  But I really think the door was barely open when she came to Washington, and it completely shut when she called him fat, ugly and stupid.  

If Mike lost that ring its his own fault.  

100% agree.  Especially the bolded part.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/27/2021 at 9:28 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I registered for fine china/crystal and silver when I got married (early 90's) and so did all my friends/family members etc  It's still a thing - just depends.  I think a lot of people getting married these days are using much more casual table settings, or just not interested.  My sisters and I inherited a lot of items from our grandmothers/extended family...and it just keeps getting passed down. I think it's nice.

When we had a wedding in the family - my mother set up the buffet and side table in her formal dining room, and when the gifts started coming in...they were opened, information logged in a little book for thank you notes, and then the gifts were displayed artfully w candles, fresh flowers etc  During this period of time, when my moms friends would stop by, they would sit in the dining room and have their coffee and look/talk about the gifts.

We registered for "special occasion/holiday" china and then "every day china", as well as crystal, sterling flatware etc  Since a lot of pieces were passed down, we were encouraged to choose colors/patterns that would work with previous patterns.  One of my sisters inherited a set of china w/green tigers...so her wedding china was just simple white with a green trim, so she could use it altogether.  I inherited a set of china with blue flowers, so I chose formal china with a navy blue border (Royal Worcester "Howard Cobalt").  My every day china is Wedgwood "Nantucket Basket".

I definitely use my items, and I don't save it for special occasions only. 

Edited by Kelly
  • Love 1

I mostly get invitations to links for Walmart and/or Target gift registries for babies and weddings.  Don't think I've seen fancy stuff lately.  It could be that I just don't know anyone who would use the pretty china.