Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Love Me Or Leave Me

• Start Topic

On 3/20/2021 at 5:50 AM, greekmom said:

My initial thoughts from the sneak peek episode:

Jovi and Yara: Not sure if it's the fact they are drinking that she is in a bad mood or the pregnancy.  But seriously of course you are not home. This is Vegas, not Ukraine. Yeah the diner is run down (actually I wonder if it's some landmark?). Stop your bitching lady.  Why didn't you all just go to the bloody courthouse in New Orleans?

I have to visit this place one day, I am a big fan of desert kitsch and have been to many such places in the southwest.  Yermo is midway between L.A. and Vegas, so why did they fly to L.A. and road trip to Vegas when they could have just flown straight to Vegas and met his friends there?  I assume it's because TLC wanted lots of awkward road trip footage, but I can't imagine why a pregnant woman would tolerate being made to go on an hours long car drive after flying for hours.

Peggy's Sue's.jpg

• Love 9
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Rebecca is so very, very selfish.  Her wedding, her tiredness, etc.  If she's tired of working over 60 hours a week to support them (or to pay back all of her debts), then the sooner you and Zied get married, the sooner he'll be able to work.  Let Zied wear what he wants to the wedding as it's his first.  Oh, and don't get all entitled and snotty to the Target employee who is just trying to work and earn money.  As Zied stated, once she gets "so much angry" there is nothing he can do.  And, she seems to be so much angry a lot.  What a beautiful location they have for a wedding-she should just enjoy it instead of looking for problems.  But then, she wouldn't be able to play the "poor pitiful me-nobody understands how much I suffer" role.

She should go back to being a P.I. Her dress looks like something she got at Goodwill. I would like to ask Zied what is so lovable about Rebecca.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Natalie/Mike---her pain seems, very, very real. I cheered when she said that to Uncle Beau because it was very, very appropriate and set boundaries without being rude. Kudos to him too, he was polite and seemed sad to see her go. The friend Tamara as well just seemed so caught in the middle and uncomfortable, but the fact that she was willing to help Natalie tells me that Nats is probably a good person. Maybe a little looney, but if she was a total beeyotch, no one would have lifted a finger and Uncle Beau would have been flipping her off with one hand, chugging a beer with teh other. Cheered when she told Mike she would block him and at the same time wished him luck in finding an American girl to make him happy. As someone else mentioned, early days of Covid lockdown, people were in a total state of panic and I can't imagine holding it together that well if I was dumped basically at the alter and had to deal with all that she did. Now, in the couples thread: 

Hide contents

someone posted that they know Uncle Beau and he said they are married, but separated. She lives in Seattle. If this is true...maybe they married just so she wasn't here illegally until she could get a flight directly home? or until the season aired? If it was just a paperwork marriage for those reasons, I would think once immigration sees this episode, it will be clear that this isn't a real marriage and she would not get her green card. Also, if true I am disappointed she would go back to him.....

I'm wondering if Natalie's scenes were aired our of order. 

At this point I'm rooting for Ry-ariss. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Angel pie said:

She should go back to being a P.I. Her dress looks like something she got at Goodwill. I would like to ask Zied what is so lovable about Rebecca.

I shop at Goodwill and bought my wedding dress there. No shame in secondhand clothes, they're cheap and it's a good way to recycle. The Goodwill clothes originally came from regular stores. 

The objective, though, is to buy things that don't LOOK "used." Rebecca could use some help in that...

Rebecca appears on Reddit and Twitter a lot. She's funny, self deprecating, and warm. None of those things are making the cut on the show. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Drogo said:

And we as the audience need both. 

I agree. I hit rock bottom on Friday when for reasons I cannot figure out I binged watched Mama June. I thought this show(s) and 600 lb. Life were my rock bottoms, but I had further to fall.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

but I can't imagine why a pregnant woman

Yara is pregnant?  You sure?

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

. But not our perpetually 14 year old Becky! "Wah! It has to be perfect!" She is exhausting and tiresome in the extreme.

No wedding is perfect, nor should they be.  Talk about setting yourself up to fail.  I have a hard time with all this last minute stuff as I am such a planner (it is the teacher in me) plus most of us are....I don't know.....SANE?  I mean, we are planning a trip (hopefully) in March 2022 and we are already looking at flights!   So her last minute stuff, blaming others, not knowing when Ramadan is.....all on her.

@mamadrama - my son works part time at the goodwill while going to college.  I LOVE thrift stores.

I, too, did not understand the long drive to Vegas.  The airport is right there on the edge, not a long drive out.  Nice friends, there, Jovi, and you are a jerk:  "She is probably not sleeping, she is probably faking."

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 4

Stephanie is an old woman with a drug and alcohol problem going to Belize to buy young men she probably thinks of as "exotic." And how dare she search his phone for evidence that he was with someone else three and half weeks ago, when three and half days ago she was with his cousin!

The way she was prompting him about how to pack and tucking a snack in his shorts was so mom-like and gross. And drop the $3,000 watch story. Nobody beleives it, not even your boy toys.

Who travels with just $100 bills? She clearly brought them so she could whip one out in hopes of impressing whatever poor local man she woke up with that morning. 

Rebecca is a different kind of pathetic. It's your fourth wedding. You're 50 something. Stop trying to be the giddy teenage bride who wants a princess wedding. 

I never liked Natalie, but she came off as the dignified one in this episode. Her attitude on her departure was very mature: "We can't be in touch anymore but I wish you the very best. Goodbye." Then dickhead Mike has to come and try to make it dramatic and awkward and even more emotional. What an ass.

• Love 23
21 minutes ago, Tango64 said:

Stephanie is an old woman with a drug and alcohol problem going to Belize to buy young men she probably thinks of as "exotic." And how dare she search his phone for evidence that he was with someone else three and half weeks ago, when three and half days ago she was with his cousin!

The way she was prompting him about how to pack and tucking a snack in his shorts was so mom-like and gross. And drop the $3,000 watch story. Nobody beleives it, not even your boy toys.

Who travels with just $100 bills? She clearly brought them so she could whip one out in hopes of impressing whatever poor local man she woke up with that morning. 

Rebecca is a different kind of pathetic. It's your fourth wedding. You're 50 something. Stop trying to be the giddy teenage bride who wants a princess wedding. 

I never liked Natalie, but she came off as the dignified one in this episode. Her attitude on her departure was very mature: "We can't be in touch anymore but I wish you the very best. Goodbye." Then dickhead Mike has to come and try to make it dramatic and awkward and even more emotional. What an ass.

We cast our phones to the tv to stream, and I don't like touching or handling my husband's phone to change the channel.  I once asked him if I could use his phone to call mine as I lost it in my own home and even that felt odd.  Then again I trust my hubby.

Second bolding: Sex tourists do.  Most people travel with ones and fives for tipping.

• Love 7

According to my Google research:

In Washington State, an engagement ring is normally considered a conditional gift. The ring is given on the condition that the couple weds; without a wedding, the condition is not fulfilled and the receiver is obligated to return the ring to the giver.

However, there is an exception to this rule. According to a Washington Court of Appeals case decided in 1990, the person who received the ring is not obligated to return it if the person who gave the ring unjustifiably broke the engagement.

====

We don't know what he did when he called it off, and whether it was justified.  Having seen Natalie call Mike a "stupid drunk man" and criticize everything he did makes me wonder what happened the night before to cause the wedding to be cancelled.

IMO, because it was Mike's mother's ring to begin with, the classy thing to do would be to give it back.  If Natalie was going to keep it, why didn't she go to a pawn shop and hope to get enough money to fly back home or get a hotel?

Regarding sleeping at Tamara's house.  This is a woman who had to clean out the car to have enough space for Natalie's luggage on the way to the airport.  Folks who have that much stuff in their car usually start to fill up the car when there's no more room in the house.  I am just SURMISING, but it may be one reason why Tamara didn't offer Natalie a place to stay.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

So....curious now about Mike's first marriage. Why didn't he use his momma's ring with wife #1?? Or did he and insist on it back in the divorce?? 

Jovi/Yara---I don't blame her for being in a pissy mood. His friends seem like giant d-bags and acted like it was just another weekend drunken blowout in Vegas, not a wedding. I think they come off as seeing Yara as this object----the comments before at the BBQ about "how long do y'all need to be married for the green card? Oh ok, that is how long this will last" and then at the kitschy roadside thing making the comment about Jovi being the guy dangling.....If he was any kind of a man he would have shut that shit down super fast. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Why didn't he use his momma's ring with wife #1?? Or did he and insist on it back in the divorce?? 

He probably used it, then post-divorce laid down under her tires until she returned it. Like a gentleman. 

4 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Jovi/Yara---I don't blame her for being in a pissy mood. His friends seem like giant d-bags

Particularly "Caz"(?) who's strangely possessive over Gatormouth Jovi. Imagine being such a tool you let your friend shit talk your pregnant almost-wife while she's sleeping in your lap right next to him.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Dobian said:

I have to visit this place one day, I am a big fan of desert kitsch and have been to many such places in the southwest.  Yermo is midway between L.A. and Vegas, so why did they fly to L.A. and road trip to Vegas when they could have just flown straight to Vegas and met his friends there?  I assume it's because TLC wanted lots of awkward road trip footage, but I can't imagine why a pregnant woman would tolerate being made to go on an hours long car drive after flying for hours.

Peggy's Sue's.jpg

Yeah, and that back seat looked a bit crowded.  Did anyone notice Jovi's manspreading?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I just watched this episode today.  You guys have been spot on about everything.  I fast forward thru Stephanie's and Rebecca's scenes because they annoy me to no end but am glad to read and enjoy the snark you all provide. 

I want to add that when Brandon's parents got thru talking to Julia and Brandon about fast forwarding their wedding day, the parents probably, high-fived each other that they finally got that wedding date off of Mother's Day weekend.  good job! lol

Edited by lasandi
added "probably" cuz it was a figment of my imagination
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 13
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I agree. I hit rock bottom on Friday when for reasons I cannot figure out I binged watched Mama June. I thought this show(s) and 600 lb. Life were my rock bottoms, but I had further to fall.

Right there with you. I watch Fiance live to get the live snark, but record Dr. Now, Tammy and Amy and Sister Wives. Draw the line at Mama June. On fiance, there is some authenticity, Natalie and Amira were truly upset this week. Wish I could root for more of these people....

• Love 3
5 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Natalie having to go back to Mike's house again and again reminded me of a horror movie where the victim gets brought back to the serial killer's house after thinking she escaped.

If I could find a truck or bus long enough, I would've run over Mike's big ass for daring to ask for the ring back after all his fuckery! Nat is a nut, but he knew that and still had her come over via fiance visa.

I bet Tamara regrets answering her phone and agreeing to drive Nat to Seattle. 

If I had any doubts that Hazel was indeed bisexual, I sure as hell don't now. She was eying that stripper like a snack cake. Biting her lip and everything.  I had no idea Hazel could be so animated and lively. Tarik should be a bit concerned because she looks at him like he's a bowl of lumpy oatmeal. 

I hate to be that bitch, but after 3 marriages/weddings, I'm side eyeing the hell outta Rebecca for pulling a white Cinderella ballgown dress out of her suitcase and rolling down the aisle in a horse drawn carriage. 

When Zied said he was wearing a red jacket and blue shoes, I just thought he was celebrating his US visa by dressing in the colors of the American flag!

I'd bet money she's not bisexual, but a lesbian.  And frankly, I wouldn't speculate or comment on her sexuality, except that it's been part of her storyline.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

All along we have seen Rebecca use items with Zied's face on them, where are those items now? We are not seeing any mugs or blankets, or tee shirts at all.

Becky was trying to make a wedding happen in a few days and the same daughter that called her in the middle of the night could not be bothered to help her mother.

I really want someone to dig up photos of all the previous weddings Becky had, I bet that wedding dress was used in one of them.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I'd bet money she's not bisexual, but a lesbian.  And frankly, I wouldn't speculate or comment on her sexuality, except that it's been part of her storyline.

I agree - she needs to just announce she is full on gay and be done with it.  She looks so flat when she is with Tarik.

I know we all know stuff now that we did not know last March, but seeing Rebecca whine over her big day getting streamlined due to Covid made me hurl.  Lady, people HAVE DIED and this is your fourth bite at the apple.  A good friend had to postpone twice and finally got hitched on Thanksgiving night, party this July.  No one is targeting you, Rebecca, we are all in this together.  I will say she did not mention her ex from Morocco once!

• Love 8

Maybe Tarik wants a wife like Hazel. Just a companion and each can do what they want. He invested a lot in her and maybe they work better as married friends. He's been very kind with her, at least so far.

Andrew can claim he got a bad edit, that the texts he sent were emotional, whatever. The next lady he attracts may think he's great at first, at least til the same behavior happens again.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe Tarik wants a wife like Hazel. Just a companion and each can do what they want. He invested a lot in her and maybe they work better as married friends. He's been very kind with her, at least so far.

Andrew can claim he got a bad edit, that the texts he sent were emotional, whatever. The next lady he attracts may think he's great at first, at least til the same behavior happens again.

But Hazel also doesn't seem to want him to be involved with anyone else, which hardly seems fair.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I want to know if we can make a drink called "Her Ex From Morocco." 

What would be in that?

Bartenders, start your engines.

I am not a bartender, but I found this:

"The country is home to gardens of apple, avocado, almonds, bananas, kiwi, plums, persimmons, nuts, grape, pomegranate, and orange trees. In Morocco, oranges and clementines account for more than eight percent of the fruit grown in Morocco."

So let's start with some fruits and add adult beverages later!

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

"The country is home to gardens of apple, avocado, almonds, bananas, kiwi, plums, persimmons, nuts, grape, pomegranate, and orange trees. In Morocco, oranges and clementines account for more than eight percent of the fruit grown in Morocco."

Moroccan mint tea is a thing. Seems appropriate somehow. Add some alcohol.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I see a fruity Moroccan Martini in my future!

• Love 5
On 3/22/2021 at 1:29 PM, Tango64 said:

Zied’s sister had a point. This is Rebecca’s fourth marriage. It’s hard to believe that all three men were at fault when there is a common denominator. 

Say what you want about Harris, but when Stephanie gave him the $100 US, he immediately surmised that it would go a long way in helping his kids. 

If someone were to put a gun to my head and tell me I had to choose one of the following: Mike, Andrew, Brandon or Jovi, I would tell them to pull the trigger. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • LOL 10
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Adeejay said:If someone were to put a gun to my head and told me I had to choose one of the following: Mike, Andrew, Brandon or Jovi.  I would tell them to pull the trigger. 

Of the four, I’d say Jovi could be a good match for the right person. The others are straight up assholes.

• Love 6

I liked Mike at first, but not now.  I don't blame Natalie for not giving back the ring.  I know different states have different guidelines, but I am firmly in the "whoever breaks of the engagement forfeits the right to the ring" camp.  

I like Zied.  Rebecca strikes me as a woman who wants a wedding not a marriage.  

• Love 15

I'm ready for these people to get off my TV. When does this season end?

I will say it was interesting to see Hazel finally get it up in episode 15.

Glad to see Amira finally have her come-to-Jesus moment. Mexico should have been that, but it took Serbia to finally happen. When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. Andrew is so not the one...for anybody, really.

Yara seems to have had a come-to-Jesus moment in Vegas, but unfortunately for her, there's the zygote to think about. Jovi's friends were rude. Isn't that the same Sara who told Yara about Jovi's love of strip clubs?

Mike is a dick for not sending Natalie home sooner. He's an even bigger dick for asking for the ring back. I don't care if it's his mother's. He should have held on to it, admitted that he didn't want to marry Natalie, and sent her on home. I can't stand Natalie but nobody deserves that kind of treatment.

Rebecca, get over yourself. Seriously. You are too old, and have been married too many times, to be acting like some teenager who isn't getting her sweet-16 party. Melanie needed to slap her upside the head.

I have no words for how gross Stephanie is.

Brandon and Julia: yawn...

Edited by ExMathMajor
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Mike'n'Nat... I'd bet if there was a normal "tell all/nothing", Shawn would ask him, "So Michael... tell us... what HAPPENED?!?!" And Michael would sit there, slouched down in his chair, head resting on his hand, staring at the floor, shaking his head, and shrugging his shoulders.  Not a single word.  Shawn might ask a second time, but would still get the same radio silence and then stare at the camera and say "Okay, I guess Michael doesn't want to talk about it, so....let's go to Brandon and Julia! So... can you guys tell us why your wedding plans seemed so rushed?"

Nailed it!

• Love 1

Jovi wants his cake and wants to eat it tii!  Doesn't happen that way.  Yara is pretty and pouty.  Both appeal to Jovi!  He's more used to prostitutes.  Pay and go!

It will be interesting to see if she sticks around til the birth.

Is that the lovely Rebecca in the white horse drawn carriage???  Meeting up with her Prince in Red Blazer and Blue Shoes and hopefully some kind of pants?  You go girl let the good times roll!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I want to know if we can make a drink called "Her Ex From Morocco." 

What would be in that?

Bartenders, start your engines.

Perhaps a mocktail would be most appropriate.

BF925E12-C15D-4A1C-8DE3-8F08E28BA367.jpeg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Zied’s sister had a point. This is Rebecca’s fourth marriage. It’s hard to believe that all three men were at fault when there is a common denominator. 

Say what you want about Harris, but when Stephanie gave him the $100 US, he immediately surmised that it would go a long way in helping his kids. 

If someone were to put a gun to my head and told me I had to choose one of the following: Mike, Andrew, Brandon or Jovi.  I would tell them to pull the trigger. 

Sadly, I think every one on this board would pick Zied over any of them.  And he's not that great of a catch!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I’m hoping Zied wears that red jacket and blue SUEDE shoes and styles his hair like Elvis!  
I now side with Yara and say that Jovi is nit focusing on the marriage but on the constant partying that goes along with the wedding and the buddy trip.  
Brandon needs a dose of real life but I figure he will squeak by as he always has, being helped/rescued by his parents.  
I still don’t care about Tarik and Hazel but I worry about Auri in the middle of all this. That makes the two of them so selfish, to jeopardize that little girl.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Opine said:

Sadly, I think every one on this board would pick Zied over any of them.  And he's not that great of a catch!

Of the American men only, I’d choose Tarik of all people. At least he is kind to Hazel, for the most part.  I could not tolerate Jovi or Michael for more than a day or two, and I wouldn’t go near Andrew or Brandon for any reason.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Cini said:

My guess is that the Mike/Natalie scripted drama will end with: Mike wants the ring back so he can propose to Natalie.

Why would Natalie want to keep the ring that, according to her, will remind her of the pain Mike inflicted on her? Why would Tamara and Natalie have to turn back to get the credit card? Mike could reserve and pay for the hotel room by phone, there is no need for a physical card. None of it makes sense, it's all just scripted to create drama and interest.

I miss the early days when the show seemed somewhat real.

I wouldn’t give his ring back and I would send a video to him of me flushing it down the toilet.  
It is true hotels won’t take a credit card unless the person named is present.  The woman friend could have paid it and get the money from Mike later.  But yeah, the drama. 

They all are made to appear to have second thoughts so the audience can have a cliffhanger.  Will they?  Won’t they?  Annoying 

• Love 6

I don’t like most of these people but it seems like each and every one of them comes up with a phrase that I can use, at least among other 90 day fans.

Cake eater 🤣. Yara, you have been redeemed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I never, ever, ever, ever thought I'd say it, but I felt for Natalie at the end.  

She is 100% cuckoo banana nutcakes, but those tears felt real. 

Mike isn't a coward for not marrying Natalie.  He is a coward for not manning up and telling her he didn't want to marry her before the day of the wedding.  

I hope the money really helped Mike because his "good guy" edit has been substantially tarnished.

• Love 8
On 3/20/2021 at 6:37 AM, AZChristian said:

Yes, Peggy Sue's Diner is a landmark.  Did they not even go IN?????

Also . . . why on earth - in the middle of a pandemic and in a hurry - did they fly to LA and drive to LV?  It's cheaper to fly directly to LV from NO, and faster, and doesn't involve a drive of several hundred miles in a car where one of the five people can't stand the other four.

Everyone knows that you stop at the alien beef jerky place to stretch your legs and stateline at Whiskey Petes to stretch your legs again.  

Everything is a gamble at Whiskey Petes, the roulette, the slots, the 99 cent shrimp cocktail in the middle of the desert. 

Peggys is probably a drug front.  I'm just saying.  

There is an ugly part of my soul that felt every single thing Yara was feeling.  Jovi's friends seem like perfectly pleasant people I couldn't spend more than 20 minutes with.   

If they want this to succeed, I totally think that they should move.  Not because Jovi's friends are bad, but I think that Jovi having built in friendships is going to build some resentment.  Go someplace new and meet new people together or apart.  

ETA: just kidding about the diner, I've never heard of it, but everything on the way to Vegas that has survived is a landmark.  I do love alien jerky though.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, lasandi said:

I just watched this episode today.  You guys have been spot on about everything.  I fast forward thru Stephanie's and Rebecca's scenes because they annoy me to no end but am glad to read and enjoy the snark you all provide. 

I want to add that when Brandon's parents got thru talking to Julia and Brandon about fast forwarding their wedding day, the parents probably, high-fived each other that they finally got that wedding date off of Mother's Day weekend.  good job! lol

I completely stopped caring about Brandon and Julia.  They both suck.    Him more than her, but the whole family are just kinda full of duds.  She was really going to spend all day in her room sleeping and blowing bubbles?Though I will say that I like that Betty and Ron seem to really get a kick out of each other.  I know everyone hates them, and I kinda do, but they both just seem to enjoy the company of the other.  Relationship goals. 

9 hours ago, Dobian said:

Andrew is an abusive, manipulating, gaslighting turd.  Anyone who dates him in the future should watch this season and this episode as required viewing.  You really want to have kids with this LARPing asshole?  Think again.

Hell yes to this.  Amira has dodged a bullet.  And not just metaphorically.  Sometimes he would get a super angry and dark look in his eyes and it was freaky.  

I betcha 1 million internet dollars that Andrew learns his lesson and buys his next wife from a third world country.  She is going to be Thai, Ukranian or Vietnamese.  

He is disgusting.  Amira is an idiot for ever considering Andrew at all, but thank goodness she made the right decision in the end.  You just know production was happy with that ending too.  

Andrew gives me low key Indle King vibes.  He belongs exactly where he is, in Danville, with his mommy.  

• Love 15

A few other notes

1.  Normally the coconut guy has a machete so you can get to that amazing coconut water.  You have not LIVED until you had fresh coconut water out of a Belizean coconut.  

2. Drunk mommy Stephanie wants to make sure you have snacks for the trip.  $100 worth of snacks....in exchange for services rendered.  

3. Mike really asking for his ring back.  Dude, fuck that guy.  I'm so glad she kept that ring.  If the ring was that important to him, he shouldn't have given it to Natalie knowing full well he didn't want to marry her.  Now he is trying to guilt her into giving him back the ring?  Its okay not to want to marry her, its not okay to tell her the night before the wedding.  And to really bring it up the day before she leaves?  

4. Also, Tamara makes my short list of people who can fuck right off this episode.  Natalie is begging her BEGGING her to leave and Tamara is just sitting there, trapping Natalie in her car.  It was really ugly to watch.  No one will fuck over a woman quite like another woman.  And then for her to start taking up for him?  "He just wanted to hug you...."  dismissive and minimizing.  Why would Natalie want to hug him.  I don't care how fucking bananas she is, that was all just gross.  

5. Also, Matt Sharp and all the producers can fuck off, for forcing me on Natalies side.  But right is right and wrong is wrong.  And that was ugly and wrong. Maybe Mike will explain himself and there will be a logical explanation, but I cannot imagine what it could possibly be. 

6. Natalie is either preggers, or she will need to either buy new clothes or start working out immediately because those jeans were looking ready to pop.  

7. Its amusing to me that Stephanie wants to talk to Harris's ex-gf/wife.  I don't think she understands poverty.  There is a good chance that Ella would be happy for Harris to move to the US even if it means that he is banging old drunk Stephanie.  They are poor, this is a golden opportunity Harris never thought he'd get.  Its a come up for the entire family and it will help feed, clothe and educate her children.  Good chance she will make the sacrifice.  

8.  Listen, I get it, you're a tourist and you wanna have fun.  But maybe don't be a rich, old, drunken white lady tottering around with a purse that has a picture of a $100 on it....and literally store $100 bills in it.  

9. Stephanie calling Belize paradise.  It is, but she just doesn't get it.  As beautiful as belize is, as balmy the weather and as delicious the coconut water, its not a "paradise" if you're poor in a third world country and working for a pittance.  

10. Maybe Jovi is really the worst, but I'm starting to develop a soft spot for him.  He really does seem to listen to Yara and I think he tries, but at the end of the day, he is 27, so in man years, that means he is like 13, right?  Just kidding.  I really like the way he listens and seems to think about what she is saying.  He looks like he is processing, not just waiting for his turn to talk and defend himself.  If they want to make it work, I think they have to move or they should move.  Heck, maybe they can move to Vegas, the housing out there is fairly inexpensive or they could get a fantastic condo.  I really don't think he has a well developed sense of sympathy, to help him even consider how Yara might feel until she sits him down and tells him.  She should have put her foot down about the friends.  Yara may be the best thing for Jovi.  She makes her expectations clear, she doesn't back down and she knows her worth.  

11.  I am fully confused about the hotel room in Sequim.  I've paid for hotels online before, and thought they only wanted a CC on file for incidentals.  I worked at a hotel way back when, but this was before you could pre-pay a hotel, so I'm just going off memory.  Why didn't Mike put Natalie's name on the room?  Why didn't he just call to make sure it would be set?  Did Michael really pre-pay this room or did he just book a reservation?  Does Tamara not have a credit card?  Also, why cant Natalie spend the night at Tamara's house?  Like JFC, is Tamara getting paid extra for putting Natalie into these awful situations?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I felt just terrible for Natalie, and a lot of it because of Covid.  It was the early days of the pandemic and we saw what it was doing to the Italians and knew what was coming.  I can't imagine getting on a plane at that time.  How could Mike do that to her.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Bluesky said:

They all are made to appear to have second thoughts so the audience can have a cliffhanger.  Will they?  Won’t they?  Annoying 

Maybe Mike and Natalie thought they would be the Sam and Diane of this show?

Nothing was handled right, Mike waits until the 11th hour to break things off, Tamara could not think of how to remedy the hotel situation, etc...Natalie had to fly to France then figure out a way to get back to the Ukraine does not make sense, why would Mike only get her to France and not all the way home. Natalie is thinking about taking a bus or train from France to the Ukraine, (has she ever seen an atlas or is it me who has not seen an atlas? Can someone actually take a bus to the Ukraine, probably not, right?).

Why wouldn't she have stayed with the friends that she is a godmother to that baby?

The dollar value of that ring is not that much, Mike says to Natalie that she would pawn it, $50 won't even pay for a hotel by SeaTac.  There used to be billboards everywhere for a strip club in Seattle, the slogan was 49 Beautiful Girls and One Ugly one, it always made me giggle but I digress, Mike is like Rebecca (Zied), he really enjoys the hunt, the getting married part is not what they really want.

Not sure why these people use the 90 days as a dating time, why would you propose if you were unsure about a person then do the wait and see thing?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Natalie is thinking about taking a bus or train from France to the Ukraine, (has she ever seen an atlas or is it me who has not seen an atlas? Can someone actually take a bus to the Ukraine, probably not, right?).

Of course you can, it'll just take a while to get there. However I think she was only thinking about doing that if there were no flights due to covid.

Edited by Takitaki
  • Love 2