Type keyword(s) to search

Predator and Prey: Assault, harassment, and other aggressions in the entertainment industry

Message added by OtterMommy

The guidelines for this thread are in the first post.  Please familiarize yourself with them and check frequently as any changes or additions will be posted there (as well as in an in-thread post).

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Exactly. Some child stars are intelligent and choose to go to college and further their educations. Ivy League universities.

They're not just intelligent.  They had supportive parents who made sure that they knew that they weren't going to be kids forever and would have to get an education and develop skills to cope in the adult world.  That being a child actor wouldn't necessarily translate into success as an adult.  That they needed accomplishments beyond being cute and able to remember dialog.

Bateman,  BTW, didn't go to college and he did admit to some wild behavior in his early 20's although he never got into any trouble with the law or needed rehab; so I presume he did the kind of dumb stuff a lot of 20 year old guys do.  He did say that, at that point in his life, he had spent a lot of years being very discliplined, going to bed early, getting up early. learning his lines and he thought that that led to him going a bit overboard when he reached adulthood and wasn't getting much acting work.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Not anytime in the past couple years from what I've seen.  The Catholic Church in the US has a program called Virtus which anyone who works in any capacity with children within a Church setting is required to complete which includes extensive education on the history of child exploitation in the church, how to detect signs and symptoms of abuse in children, how to detect abusive behavior in adults and includes detailed instructions on how to report any suspected problems to the police.  Not to the pastor, not to the bishop, to the cops.  Every time.

My nephew got a summer job mowing the lawn at a local Catholic high school and he had to take Virtus even though he had no contact with students simply because he was present on the campus while students attended summer classes and participated in summer sports programs.

The Catholic Church has made improvements. Other types of churches have not, unfortunately. See: Josh Duggar and many others.

8 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I have to wonder if that's because some of them never wanted to act in the first place.

Foster's career began with an appearance in a Coppertone television advertisement in 1965, when she was three years old.[13][25](p 73)[26] Her mother had intended only for Jodie's older brother Buddy to audition, but had taken Jodie with them to the casting call, where she was noticed by the casting agents.[12][13][25](p 73) The television spot led to more advertising work, and in 1968 to a minor appearance in the sitcom Mayberry R.F.D., in which her brother starred.[13][25](p 74) In the following years Foster continued working in advertising and appeared in over 50 television shows; she and her brother became the breadwinners of the family during this time.[12][25](p 73)

I don’t think that’s why they went. They went to further their educations, imo, because universities aren’t job training programs.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I have to wonder if that's because some of them never wanted to act in the first place.

Jodie Foster continued acting, mostly in small films, throughout her college years during breaks and won the Oscar for The Accused, which was filmed only 2 years after she graduated from Yale.  I don't see any evidence that she was trying to escape from acting, it seems she just wanted the college experience and education.

Now, Mayim Bialik, with a PhD in neuroscience and Danica McKellar with a PhD in mathematics may not have been planning to return to show business, but both did, so I don't think they didn't like acting.  Bialik has said she wanted to go to medical school but didn't have the grades, and, then, once she had children, acting provided a lot more time and flexibility for her family than did neuroscience,  so she returned to acting.

Edited by Notabug
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Jodie Foster continued acting, mostly in small films, throughout her college years during breaks and won the Oscar for The Accused, which was filmed only 2 years after she graduated from Yale.  I don't see any evidence that she was trying to escape from acting, it seems she just wanted the college experience and education.

Ditto for Emma Stone and Freddie Highmore, amongst others.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Ok, sorry:

how old was jodie foster in taxi driver

12 years old

Taxi Driver (1976)

At just 12 years old, Jodie Foster delivered one of the defining performances of her career as a child prostitute in Martin Scorsese's grueling portrait of social dysfunction on the streets of 1970s New York.

She played a child prostitute. But Jodie Foster has a productive life and a pretty seamless transition into more mature roles.

I'm a little confused here -- do you think children should NEVER be in ANY movies or TV shows? If so, you might as well just torch the entire movie industry because children are important parts of movies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I think the knee jerk reaction is "That's crazy" rather than just thinking about how things could possibly change, improve or be different.  Just because it's an opinion you may have never heard does not automatically mean that no one should ever think about it.  I think Hollywood is a damaging place for a lot of reasons and this is just one of them.

There are so many - thousands - of stories about how damaging Hollywood was to child actors and so many of them died young or came close for a myriad of things that resulted from working too young.  To pretend Hollywood is not a factor,  and just a coincidence is wilful ignorance in my opinion.

Some were lucky or privileged enough to have the resources to stay alive, many weren't.  

I think there's a lot of stories we still haven't fully heard.  This is the predators thread and more things are coming out because of the Me Too movement.  Jeanette McCurdy's book sparked this discussion about how rough she had it with her mom and the Dan Schneider abuse.  She waited until her mom passed away to reveal this story.  I think there is a lot more of that going on that we will hear about as time goes on.  The stories shared are what have only made the news.  Somebody sees somebody who grew up in Hollywood and says "They must have had it easy" even if they were Drew Barrymore or Jodie Foster who had two of the most tumultuous upbringings in the public eye.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Blergh said:

True, but it seems for every Rance and Jean Howard who diligently looked out for their sons' Ron and Clint's interests, there are at least ten sets of parents who consider their offspring to be nothing more than their means to fame and fortune. And the number of production execs sincerely  looking out for minor performers' welfare could fit on the head of a pin!

How many parents put their kids on social media these days? Those parents aren't any different than parents that put their kids into acting jobs. They are trying to get likes, followers, & fame based on their children. They post their photos & videos of them, but don't care about their right to privacy, they just feel that because they're the parent they have the right to post what they want. I would bet there are even people here posting about how bad putting kids into acting is, but who don't think twice about posting a photo of their kid. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

Now, Mayim Bialik, with a PhD in neuroscience and Danica McKellar with a PhD in mathematics may not have been planning to return to show business, but both did, so I don't think they didn't like acting.  Bialik has said she wanted to go to medical school but didn't have the grades, and, then, once she had children, acting provided a lot more time and flexibility for her family than did neuroscience,  so she returned to acting.

Mayim Bialik has said in at least one interview that she went back into acting because she needed the money. Some university job was ending and she needed a paycheck and health insurance for her children. I wonder if she'd continue acting if she definitively got the permanent Jeopardy hosting job.

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think the knee jerk reaction is "That's crazy" rather than just thinking about how things could possibly change, improve or be different.  Just because it's an opinion you may have never heard does not automatically mean that no one should ever think about it.  I think Hollywood is a damaging place for a lot of reasons and this is just one of them.

I think that it is so unfeasible for there to be absolutely no child actors that I don't think it makes a very useful thought experiment. The only movies/tv shows/commercials featuring children are animated? CGI kids into scenes? Adults playing all the orphans in stage productions of Annie? It would all be either highly impractical or not profitable because of its lack of appeal. I think it is more useful to think outside the box about how children can be protected while remaining in the acting industry.

• Like 2
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

And sometimes child stars do go on very rough journeys, but I have a hunch that their challenges (substance abuse, unemployment, relationship difficulties) aren't that different from the average Joe.

True. We don't know how many of them would still have been fucked up without fame. Yes, the money the fame and the pressure exacerbate things, but I know plenty of people who grew up to be addicts, who blew through all the money they made. There are children not in entertainment who have been exploited, raped, abused, etc. It's just that the light it shown more brightly on Hollywood kids because we, the public, are fascinated by the famous, that's why they are famous, so while we know what kids on television are going through, it is sadly, not that different than what other kids are going through, there's just more media which can make it harder for them to deal with it all. Or it can make it easier for them when they have support from the public to speak out. 

It is so very, very not black and white, and while I do get what Ms Blue Jay is saying, and she is right, Hollywood is a dangerous place for children, I just don't think taking them out of Hollywood is going to make that much of a difference because if there is one thing I have learned about people, they always find a way to harm one another. Unfortunately, these days, you ban kids from working on television they will go to a far worse place, the internet. Tragically, fame has become something a lot of kids (or their parents) want, and they will do almost anything to get it. It's why predators like Weinstein were able to get away with it for so long. Everyone who knew was too afraid to lose their place in Hollywood.

• Like 3
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

The Catholic Church has made improvements. Other types of churches have not, unfortunately. See: Josh Duggar and many others.

I don’t think that’s why they went. They went to further their educations, imo, because universities aren’t job training programs.

Maybe in the US where they're a minority. In Europe, they still act like they are untouchable.

• Sad 6
9 hours ago, janie jones said:

I wonder if she'd continue acting if she definitively got the permanent Jeopardy hosting job.

Probably.  She made quite a lot of money on The Big Bang Theory.  She didn't need to go right into a new sitcom if she didn't want to.  The Jeopardy! thing came about as a bit of a lark after she was already starring in and producing another show.

And looking at her IMDb page, I'm not seeing any noticeable gaps.  It looks like she was doing something acting or voice wise every year.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Yes but would you ban all children from appearing in films, commercials and TV shows? Bc that is what it would be. 

We shouldn't have to ban children in order to keep them safe anymore then ban sports, dance and other activities where children are abused. Kids should be able to act, dance, and other activities if they want without being preyed upon by abusers, exploited or have their money stolen. The problem we've seen time and again adults failing to do so. From parents to producers. There should be ways to make sure it doesn't happen but how? Make more laws protecting kids and actually enforcing them? Putting away abusers and etc. There are people who do a good job raising their kids while they act. Maybe look into that and make rules from it. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

I'm sorry but is someone actually saying it's Jodie Foster's fault that John Hinckley was deranged and shot the president because he thought it would impress her?   Can we victim blame any more here?

Just because someone CHOOSES to do something insane is in no way the other person's fault.   Nor is it the fault of Hollywood for daring to have child actors.  Nor is it Foster's parents for letting her act.   This one is all on John Hinkley.   If it hadn't been Foster he would have found some one else to do it to impress.    In the hospital, he formed an obsessive relationship with another patient.   It's who HE IS.    It has nothing to do with allowing child actors or the exploitation of child actors.   

As somone else noted, you can get a stalker from every situation.    I guess we should ban banks because someone could develop an obsession over a bank teller.   Or close all offices because someone could stalk someone at work.   

By using examples like Hinkley, it doesn't help solve the real problem.   Kids are exploited.  There will always be child actors.   They are kind of necessary unless you want 18 year olds playing elementary school kids in family shows.   So instead of going "oh the horrors, someone could stalk these kids" we should be going -- okay what rules can we set up AND ENFORCE that protect the kids from exploitation.   

Because its really the enforcement that's the problem.   Same with what happens on any set.   This whole section exists because of ALL the predators in Hollywood.   Not just the ones exploiting child actors.   

• Applause 13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Reportedly mayim was offered the permanent jeopardy hosting job and she turned it down because of her .....uh....'sitcom' (I use that word very losely for that show because it is SO bad) that she didn't want to quit. 

Now there have been a thousand rumors and stories about the jeopardy job so who knows how true that is, but seems she is intent on continuing to act

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, patriciahelenkit said:

It's why I'm angry that so many want to cling to a "Wild West" version of the internet whereas unless it is brought to heel, the catastrophe for a vulnerable internet personality such as a young child will be all the more devastating when it comes.

What is the alternative? Internet companies can run their businesses as they wish. 

On 8/11/2022 at 10:03 AM, Notabug said:

Not anytime in the past couple years from what I've seen.  The Catholic Church in the US has a program called Virtus which anyone who works in any capacity with children within a Church setting is required to complete which includes extensive education on the history of child exploitation in the church, how to detect signs and symptoms of abuse in children, how to detect abusive behavior in adults and includes detailed instructions on how to report any suspected problems to the police.  Not to the pastor, not to the bishop, to the cops.  Every time.

Way longer than the past couple of years. I was Director of Religious Education at my last parish and before starting the job (this is now 18 years ago) I had to get fingerprinted and run through both a police and FBI check and then do training about child abuse etc. I was very specifically told that anything suspicious should be immediately reported to the police, every time, and not to my parish priest or any other church person.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, isalicat said:

Way longer than the past couple of years. I was Director of Religious Education at my last parish and before starting the job (this is now 18 years ago) I had to get fingerprinted and run through both a police and FBI check and then do training about child abuse etc. I was very specifically told that anything suspicious should be immediately reported to the police, every time, and not to my parish priest or any other church person.

I taught at a parish school from 2007-2014 and our training specifically told us NOT to call the authorities, but to report to our direct higher up. I remember this vividly because in my head I was responding with "not a chance in hell; do not pass go, go straight to 911."

Mileage likely varies here. 

• Sad 8
  • Useful 3
4 minutes ago, GiuliettaMasina said:

I taught at a parish school from 2007-2014 and our training specifically told us NOT to call the authorities, but to report to our direct higher up. I remember this vividly because in my head I was responding with "not a chance in hell; do not pass go, go straight to 911."

Mileage likely varies here. 

Teachers are mandated reporters by law. IMO they should be making those calls personally right after observing any potential abuse.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Teachers are mandated reporters by law. IMO they should be making those calls personally right after observing any potential abuse.

That's exactly how I felt and exactly what I would have done. But, reporting to your boss was considered reporting where I was--those people did have an obligation to follow up with authorities, but I had zero trust in that process.

• Sad 8
1 minute ago, GiuliettaMasina said:

That's exactly how I felt and exactly what I would have done. But, reporting to your boss was considered reporting where I was--those people did have an obligation to follow up with authorities, but I had zero trust in that process.

That sucks. If you have reason to suspect abuse, call CPS and they will determine if it deems any follow up. It’s so shady when employers make mandated reporters beholden to someone else to make these decisions. 

• Love 9
On 8/11/2022 at 12:02 PM, patriciahelenkit said:

It's not just child actresses that get sent letters/emails and stalked either. That is overlooked a lot, though.

Granted, but  by the mere fact that they are minors, generally speaking, they have less means, resources and emotional armor to deal with stalking than adults who've had this happen. Receiving vile correspondence and stalking is horrible for all concerned but IMO worse for it to happen to minors than adults.

On 8/12/2022 at 7:48 AM, DrSpaceman73 said:

Reportedly mayim was offered the permanent jeopardy hosting job and she turned it down because of her .....uh....'sitcom' (I use that word very losely for that show because it is SO bad) that she didn't want to quit. 

Now there have been a thousand rumors and stories about the jeopardy job so who knows how true that is, but seems she is intent on continuing to act

Bialik's salary in the last season of Big Bang was over $10 million.  That was probably her highest earning season, but she surely made at least that much over the preceding seasons.  Seems to me, that, if she wanted to work in neuroscience or be a stay at home mom, or do anything other than act; she could've saved more than enough while on the show to be able to do that  I think that showbiz is her preferred career.

From what I understand, she makes $4-5 million a year hosting Jeopardy and she likes the gig because she can tape a week's worth of episodes in a single day and the show is based in LA so she doesn't have to travel for the job as she would for many acting gigs which makes it easier since she's a single parent and her kids are 14 and 17. Who wouldn't want to make millions a year working one day a week?

Way longer than the past couple of years. I was Director of Religious Education at my last parish and before starting the job (this is now 18 years ago) I had to get fingerprinted and run through both a police and FBI check and then do training about child abuse etc. 

The current program, Virtus, also includes and FBI background check and fingerprinting.  It isn't perfect, but it is there and it is consistent and specific.  

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Having no kid actors because others are creeps is the equivalent of when we were kids and being bullied on the playground, the yard duty ladies would say "just stay away from them."   So MY activities have to be curtailed because someone -- who is STILL FREE TO BULLY -- can't behave?   Let's take care of the creeps and predators instead of punishing the victims.

I agree. The creeps will just find someone else to victimize. Before he turned his attention to Rebecca Schaeffer, Robert Bardo had stalked a preteen peace activist and was obsessed with Debbie Gibson and Tiffany. Rebecca was actually his oldest obsession and the only one known for acting. His story was going to end the way it did with or without her being an actress. 

Edited by Makai
  • Sad 5
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, isalicat said:
2 hours ago, patriciahelenkit said:

No, i mean that boy child actors are the target of creeps as well. Even if female child actors get most of it. "Ben from Growing Pains" was the subject of a creep duting the show.

The youngest son on :Little People Big World was sexually assaulted by a member of the film crew.  Plenty of boys are abused, too.

• Sad 10
3 hours ago, Blergh said:

Granted, but  by the mere fact that they are minors, generally speaking, they have less means, resources and emotional armor to deal with stalking than adults who've had this happen. Receiving vile correspondence and stalking is horrible for all concerned but IMO worse for it to happen to minors than adults.

I would hope that the children’s parents screen all of their mail so they wouldn’t see any vile correspondence.

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Having no kid actors because others are creeps is the equivalent of when we were kids and being bullied on the playground, the yard duty ladies would say "just stay away from them."   So MY activities have to be curtailed because someone -- who is STILL FREE TO BULLY -- can't behave?   Let's take care of the creeps and predators instead of punishing the victims.

Also see: setting curfews because too many women are being attacked at night. It’s not the women who should have to change their behavior or have their freedoms limited.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/armie-hammer-new-tattoo-alchemy

It feels like there's been a trickle of Armie Hammer stories lately. Not enough to think "this man is about to try and launch a comeback" but enough to make me wonder why the tabloids are poking around. I looked it up and the articles from December 2021 said that charges were unlikely for the rape allegation. Maybe it's just the upcoming documentary.

I'm almost positive it's due to the documentary. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, patriciahelenkit said:

No, i mean that boy child actors are the target of creeps as well. Even if female child actors get most of it. "Ben from Growing Pains" was the subject of a creep duting the show.

Hold it: It was your initial posting that mentioned 'child actresses' that I responded to but, please note that my post said that minors are more vulnerable than adults - and I didn't make any distinction in the genders in my response.

In a statement provided to Variety by a representative of the actor, Miller broke their silence about the troubling behavior that they have exhibited in recent years, which has led to a series of legal issues and assault and abuse allegations. Miller also apologized for their actions.

“Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment,” Miller says. “I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behavior. I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life.”

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ezra-miller-apologizes-the-flash-mental-health-issues-1235341888/

• Useful 1

France: Parliament Adopts Law to Protect Child "Influencers" on Social Media This is from 2020.  I hope the US catches up and also creates these type of protections for children on social media.  I like that the child’s income gets put in a trust if parents are monetizing their videos/pictures.  I also like that the child can demand videos/pictures  including them be removed from online platforms even without their parents consent.   
I found out about the French response to family vlogging for profit from this YouTube video.

Anything for Views Parenting

A family vlogger who got in trouble with the law for the abuse they put their kids through is now back online .  He found a loophole around the ban against him having a family channel.  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

France: Parliament Adopts Law to Protect Child "Influencers" on Social Media This is from 2020.  I hope the US catches up and also creates these type of protections for children on social media.  I like that the child’s income gets put in a trust if parents are monetizing their videos/pictures.  I also like that the child can demand videos/pictures  including them be removed from online platforms even without their parents consent.   
I found out about the French response to family vlogging for profit from this YouTube video.

Anything for Views Parenting

A family vlogger who got in trouble with the law for the abuse they put their kids through is now back online .  He found a loophole around the ban against him having a family channel.  

This needs to happen in this country, but we know it won’t. All of the Z-list “celebrities “ who exploit their kids on SM instead of working to support them are sickening. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Superclam said:

I sincerely hope Ezra Miller actually gets the mental health help they need. 

They probably will, because a major studio has a lot of money relying on them being at least not toxic to the brand.

Otherwise, we'd all just be free to point and laugh while the tabloids had a field day with the stories, like with Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Amanda Bynes, Edward Furlong etc.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1

Plácido Domingo linked to criminal ring in Argentina

Numerous broadcast channels in Latin America have been airing excerpts of audio recordings, obtained by wiretap, that include the voice of a man whom authorities claim is Domingo making plans with members of the alleged criminal ring. The dates of these wiretap recordings have not been made public...

In one excerpt from the wiretap recordings from Argentina, a man whom prosecutors say is Domingo is heard talking to "Mendy," a woman with whom he is allegedly making plans for a sexual encounter. On the tape, the man describes details of his plans to leave a dinner separately from his agents and other representatives, to elude their notice, so that he could meet her. Another excerpt includes "Mendy" calling the alleged leader of the crime ring, Juan Percowicz, to celebrate that she has confirmed plans with the man, whom she refers to as "Plácido."

• Mind Blown 12

So R. Kelly is on trial for his federal charges.  I haven't really been following it closely, but a thread came across my twitter feed.

Two Chicago Tribune reporters are tweeting the trial.  This thread concerns a witness who purchased R. Kelly's house and is testifying about the things he found upon taking residence, and the girl who was the center of the child porn charges he was acquitted on in 2002.  At the time she and her family vociferously denied she was the one on the tape, her aunt, a singer known as Sparkle, though, had positively identified her.  Sparkle's insistence that it was her on the tape and was 13 y.o at the time, estranged her from the family.

Now, the girl is testifying it is her and is giving additional details about how he went about grooming her.

It is al pretty sad -- for the victims and their families.

Anyway here is the piece of the thread I saw

• Sad 14

I’m reading Jeannette McCurdy’s memoir, I’m Glad My Mom Died, and in addition to the stuff about Dan Schneider…her mother insisted on “assisting” her and her brother with showers right up until she was sixteen, in which she’d give her a body exam. The excuse was she was making sure she didn’t have cancer.

Now keep in mind her mother was a neurotic stage mom from hell that had cancer, so the reasoning might have been valid (in her own mind)…but come on. Even though Jeannette doesn’t outright say it, the way she describes it just screams molestation.

The book title was far too kind.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 16
  • Useful 1

She’s lucky to be alive. I never really watched iCarly or Sam and Cat, but never in a million years would I have guessed the smartass Cool Girl character was going through so much pain. Just goes to show you…

If nothing else, Miranda Cosgrove and Ariana Grande were fortunate to have parents that cared more about their well-being compared to Jeannette’s mother. Miranda sounds like a really good friend, despite not being aware of Jeannette’s turmoil until recently.

And good for Jeannette not taking Nickelodeon’s hush money. Mind you, I wouldn’t have necessarily looked down on her if she had because it was a lot of money—even she initially second-guessed that choice—but I respect anyone who chooses the path of integrity. 

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I just read that Busey was photographed today sitting with his pants down in a public park.  Photo is online…..something is not right.  I wonder if he has a legal agent, like POA to intervene.  I’ll find link. ☹️

Link:

https://whatsnew2day.com/gary-busey-spotted-in-a-california-park-with-his-pants-down-smoking-a-cigar-day-being-charged/

He does literally have severe brain damage. This very much reminds me of my grandfather after he had several strokes, his ability to determine what was appropriate rapidly disappeared and I recall multiple uncomfortable interactions with female health care professionals at the end. If he had still been mobile I think it would have been worse. Since Gary's accident he has had a reputation for being very strange and I wouldn't be surprised if more stories come in now in the era of Me Too where people feel somewhat more comfortable being able to come forward. All that to say it sounds like he may be deteriorating more now, but I doubt this was the first time for this behavior.

Edited by bluphoenix451
  • Like 4
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 2

I don’t know what Gary Busey’s situation is, but I recall that many years ago a local, well respected attorney that I personally knew well, was charged with sexually propositioning several female clients who were in his office for consultations and attempting to fondle them.  It was outrageous and shocking.  He was accused of a couple of other incidents of improper conduct.  He was publicly vilified and charged criminally.  I knew something was not right, but he pleaded guilty and turned in his license.  Over the next 2 years, he progressed with dementia to the point that he was totally out of it. He died within 3 years in a facility.  He was only in his 40’s.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Sad 16