Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Shannon's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Where is my favourite snark faced nurse?

Read this quickly and thought it said, "snack-faced" nurse. LOL

2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

If Dr Now's business every goes belly up, he can get a job at a carnival guessing people's weights.

When that plane crashed in North Carolina 20 years ago, they brought in the carnival weight guesser to review the video of people loading to determine the total load.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, CringeWatcher said:

Again, this whiny bitch. I’m a high school teacher. I have 40% more students this year than I had last year. I’ve been teaching virtually and in-person (yes, at the same time) since August. We’ve had many outbreaks in our school but because of privacy concerns, they do not notify us when a student tests positive. Did I mention that our network sucks and the internet only works in short, intermittent spurts? Did I mention that I had to come up with a credit recovery plan for the kids who failed because did absolutely nothing in the first semester, despite the district supplying them with computers and WiFi hot spots? Did I mention that two weeks ago when Siberia loaned us its weather the sprinkler system in my building burst and it *rained* inside my house for 40 minutes before they shut the water off? These buffoons reach the size of an American bison because they have the mentality of children.  She does not know tired. She does not know stress. Covid has stressed HER out? For fuck’s sake. I want to punch her in the throat. 

I’m sorry that is awful

• Love 3

Where is my favourite snark faced nurse?

I really miss her too!! 

Is this a first?  Can't fit on the bariatric surgeons special scale that's literally made for 600+lb patients?  Holy moly.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CringeWatcher said:

These buffoons reach the size of an American bison because they have the mentality of children.  She does not know tired. She does not know stress.

So sorry you had to go through all that.  I am with you, they have zero resilience...  and most of them are still mentally the same 5 year olds they were when they started to overeat like crazy.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

If Dr Now's business every goes belly up, he can get a job at a carnival guessing people's weights.

Pretty sure any one of US could get that job and do fairly well at it!

• LOL 6

Man I really gotta say.. I really love the snark tonight. Each Wednesday, when I think about missing a week, I just always end up here anyway and never regret it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

Again, this whiny bitch. I’m a high school teacher. I have 40% more students this year than I had last year. I’ve been teaching virtually and in-person (yes, at the same time) since August. We’ve had many outbreaks in our school but because of privacy concerns, they do not notify us when a student tests positive. Did I mention that our network sucks and the internet only works in short, intermittent spurts? Did I mention that I had to come up with a credit recovery plan for the kids who failed because did absolutely nothing in the first semester, despite the district supplying them with computers and WiFi hot spots? Did I mention that two weeks ago when Siberia loaned us its weather the sprinkler system in my building burst and it *rained* inside my house for 40 minutes before they shut the water off? These buffoons reach the size of an American bison because they have the mentality of children.  She does not know tired. She does not know stress. Covid has stressed HER out? For fuck’s sake. I want to punch her in the throat. 

Testify!!!!

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

The TagTeam guys look great.  They've aged gracefully and they just seem really happy and fun.

I've finally learned all of the flavors so that I can sing along. 

• LOL 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Did she get weighed?  What was it?

She got a determination "too big for scale," so no weight.

But haven't 800+ lb people been on scale?

Edited by DropTheSoap
  • Love 1
Just now, mk828 said:

Man I really gotta say.. I really love the snark tonight. Each Wednesday, when I think about missing a week, I just always end up here anyway and never regret it. 

It's the only thing making most of this season's episodes tolerable for me.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I can’t get rid of this ad on this site that says best bra for small boobs....why? I’m a triple D!  Lol.  It’s been around for weeks!

I have an ad for Hypersoft walking shoes. 

Walking! On this show!! Ha!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I hate to sound so hard, but why should anyone even care?  SHE doesn't care enough.  Her husband is a slimy dog who has a thing for big fat women and she is just paying lip service.

I am struggling with losing the last thirty pounds this year. I lost thirty last year, and if I can lose thirty more I will be slender.  I wish Doc would take me, and just being answerable to him as a patient would be enough for me.  Don't people believe in keeping their word anymore? I mean, they have no shame. 

I don't care, really.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I am going to break out the watermelon.  Since I have no grapes or oranges in the house today.  

That reminds me, I have oranges in the fridge!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, DropTheSoap said:

But haven't 800+ people been on scale?

Yeah, I don't know what this "too big for the scale" nonsense is tonight but there have certainly been mammoths on that thing before. TLC really sucks at scriptwriting.

2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Me too. The girlfriend got me two bottles of my favorite pinot grigio from Total Wine and More, which is just about the best store ever.

I love Total Wine. And they're on Instacart! Now if only Trader Joe's was on Instacart. I'd be a happy woman.

• Love 1

But she said she is doing better! 

"I just don't want to push myself." That gets said almost every episode. What does that even mean? Most of these people don't do ANYTHING!

• Love 4
Just now, TwoCentsWorth said:

I hate to sound so hard, but why should anyone even care?  SHE doesn't care enough.  Her husband is a slimy dog who has a thing for big fat women and she is just paying lip service.

I am struggling with losing the last thirty pounds this year. I lost thirty last year, and if I can lose thirty more I will be slender.  I wish Doc would take me, and just being answerable to him as a patient would be enough for me.  Don't people believe in keeping their word anymore? I mean, they have no shame. 

I don't care, really.

Congrats on your success so far!

• Love 4

Is it midnight yet?  asking for a friend who is sleepy.

I thought the dad had had WLS, but he looks like he needs it again.  Simon looks so tiny squished between these two.   I did figure she would just regain what was lost at the hospital as she didn't have to work at losing that.  For forced weight loss like that,  it is "easy go,  easy return and probably a little more"

She seems mentally very dense as well as physically.  What a mess.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

Again, this whiny bitch. I’m a high school teacher. I have 40% more students this year than I had last year. I’ve been teaching virtually and in-person (yes, at the same time) since August. We’ve had many outbreaks in our school but because of privacy concerns, they do not notify us when a student tests positive. Did I mention that our network sucks and the internet only works in short, intermittent spurts? Did I mention that I had to come up with a credit recovery plan for the kids who failed because did absolutely nothing in the first semester, despite the district supplying them with computers and WiFi hot spots? Did I mention that two weeks ago when Siberia loaned us its weather the sprinkler system in my building burst and it *rained* inside my house for 40 minutes before they shut the water off? These buffoons reach the size of an American bison because they have the mentality of children.  She does not know tired. Covid has stressed HER out? She does not know stress.  For fuck’s sake. I want to punch her in the throat. 

You said it!! I am a 4th grade teacher. My district is going back to full in person 5 days a week next week. They threw it on us real last minute. Our district barely notifies us with their contact tracing. No more snow days, only remote days when we have snow. Getting vaccinated on Saturday. It's been a hell of a year. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

But haven't 800+ lb people been on scale?

I think's it's not weight, it circumference... it has those metal bars on three sides - she probably can't fit in there

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

Again, this whiny bitch. I’m a high school teacher. I have 40% more students this year than I had last year. I’ve been teaching virtually and in-person (yes, at the same time) since August. We’ve had many outbreaks in our school but because of privacy concerns, they do not notify us when a student tests positive. Did I mention that our network sucks and the internet only works in short, intermittent spurts? Did I mention that I had to come up with a credit recovery plan for the kids who failed because did absolutely nothing in the first semester, despite the district supplying them with computers and WiFi hot spots? Did I mention that two weeks ago when Siberia loaned us its weather the sprinkler system in my building burst and it *rained* inside my house for 40 minutes before they shut the water off? These buffoons reach the size of an American bison because they have the mentality of children.  She does not know tired. Covid has stressed HER out? She does not know stress.  For fuck’s sake. I want to punch her in the throat. 

I hear you.  So sorry--that sucks so much.  

• Love 1

I try not to look at obesity as a moral issue.  I’m no expert but from my reading, it really is a brain and behavioral thing.  Like addiction, resistant to change and prone to relapse.

• Love 2