Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by ProfCrash

I appreciate that the SAHM/Working Mom has been very civil and a good exchange of ideas but it is time to move. Please and thank you.

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, goofygirl said:

You're right Nexxie.  Interesting transition.  Wonder where she's headed?? Ideas?

Is it just to be on teevee?? No matter how you look?? I can't imagine after all the work she's done to be a physician that has a good reputation, she'd twist off onto THIS?

There's something up. For sure. DOCTOR KARDASHIAN??

1 hour ago, oakville said:

I am surprised that she would want to quit working in a hospital to be on this show.

The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that Dr. Moon might be happy with a TV spin-off that offers more control over her work-life balance.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

For me, Brandi is either the most annoying person in the room or she is barely there, this episode had just enough of Brandi until she had to put that fake beard on and run around in traffic.

This is exactly how I feel about her. I don't share her sense of humour and find most of her antics trashy and tasteless. I really disliked Stephanie on her first season due to her shenanigans with Brandi and now she is one of my favourites - when she is doing her own thing. I don't really mind Brandi when she tones it down and when we don't have to see those bratty daughters of hers.

• Love 18
Just now, GussieK said:

I like Tiffany, and she is probably one of the most intelligent housewives in any franchise. She was very real and honest on WWHL last night.  But she has to lose the vocal fry!  

I really like Tiffany too (except for her voice!). And I know a lot of people think she is a show off, but I really don't mind that either about her. She seems to work hard really hard and is able to reward herself with all these fancy things. I'm still in love with her house too, it's gorgeous!

• Love 10

Last night’s fight was exacerbated by Kary. Maybe she was drunk, which made her more unbalanced. Her lashing out at Tiffany and D’Andra was awful. Brandi, who was the putative guest of honor, just sat there with her head in her hands—until she finally had had enough. Please get Kary off our screens. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I really like Tiffany too (except for her voice!). And I know a lot of people think she is a show off, but I really don't mind that either about her. She seems to work hard really hard and is able to reward herself with all these fancy things. I'm still in love with her house too, it's gorgeous!

She has the best wine cave !

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

I was once doing a convention where the dentists were taking a class to work on cadaver heads.  Each dentist was to get 1/2 of one head, sliced vertically.  But the shipment of heads got lost in the building.  That was fun to try and locate.

Ohmigah!  🥺

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 2/2/2021 at 8:15 PM, Legalbeagle421 said:

Yikes! I feel like Kary is the one who wants everyone to think she has it the worst. 

On 2/2/2021 at 8:15 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Kary has become the new Leanne with the one up thing ....

On 2/2/2021 at 8:30 PM, Stats Queen said:

Kary is definitely the worst, no question. 
The one upmanship of everything is exhausting.

Kary and LeeAnne have even more in common than I thought. At least LeeAnne's cray was entertaining, and I think she was genuinely a hurt little girl inside. I have no idea if Kary feels the same, but she comes across as a lot more combative to me. I saw a vulnerability in LeeAnne I do not see in Kary. 

Another issue with Kary-I find people who throw constant digs really annoying. There's a difference between playful teasing among friends and that passive aggressive bs. 

Also, I don't blame D'Andra for bringing up that Tiffany is a doctor. One of my pet peeves is when SAHMs, particularly those of older children, think they have it harder than working mothers. I know SAHMs work harder than SOME people give credit for. But most of us know taking care of children (especially small ones), cooking, cleaning, etc., do not magically get themselves done. But having the grind of a full-time job on top of motherhood is obviously much more difficult, and there are women who do shame career women like Tiffany. It's true her career is particularly demanding. She has to be sharp because people's lives truly are in her hands. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Kary and LeeAnne have even more in common than I thought. At least LeeAnne's cray was entertaining, and I think she was a genuinely a hurt little girl inside. I have no idea if Kary feels the same, but she comes across as a lot more combative to me. I saw a vulnerability in LeeAnne I do not see in Kary. 

I agree with you on the the fact that LeeAnne is a little hurt girl inside. That has to be awful. But at some point in your 30-50’s you can make a decision to let your past always define you or you can get some introspection and professional help to chart a new path for your life. Sadly, that is not the path LeeAnne chose. While I feel bad for the trauma she endured as a child, she made a conscious choice to blame her childhood on all her inappropriate behavior instead of rising above and being a positive influence on the people around her.

Kary, on the other hand, just sucks. And I totally agree with you that LeeAnne has a vulnerability that Kary doesn’t have. Kary is just generally awful and beyond annoying.

I don’t want LeeAnne back, but at least she was real and Kary is just so fake.

So, I would be happy to not see either of them on my TV anytime soon.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

Loving Tiffany as well. I have gotten used to the voice now and it’s not bothering me as much. I mean I get it. I used to have the valley girl accent in my teens as well. And English isn’t my 1st language so it makes sense. Enunciation is really emphasized when learning English and valley girl speak is the easiest accent to master. I have worked extremely hard to get rid of it though and when I am tipsy, I have a British accent for some reason. 
I cried as well when she said her childhood was lonely. At least she has adorable kids ( I normally hate the RH kids but hers are perfect) and supportive husband! He could give some pointers to Ralph in Atlanta.

Kary can gtfo. What a hateful, annoying bully.  Ugh. 

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
Misspelled stupid Kary’s name
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

Loving Tiffany as well. I have gotten used to the voice now and it’s not bothering me as much. I mean I get it. I used to have the valley girl accent in my teens as well. And English isn’t my 1st language so it makes sense. Enunciation is really emphasized when learning English and valley girl speak is the easiest accent to master. 

Thank you, that was really helpful and informative.

Ralph on RHOA is a controlling, manipulative ahole, and I really hope Drew gets surrounded with the right friends and professionals that she learns that she doesn’t deserve that.

• Love 3

Hey Tiffany,

If you are so overburdened and feeling guilty, why the "f" did you sign up to do a Housewives show on top of everything else in your very, very, very, extremely stressful life?  I'm sorry, but doctors are not the only ones who are busy, mentally stressed, and have children.  Guess what?  We don't take on another project in order to make myself a martyr every week.  Please, make her go away.

P.S.  You and your mom need therapy.

• Love 8

I lived in Texas (Austin) for about 10 years. I have never heard of Sam Moon.  Claire's...yes.  The point is that he does not appear to be a big deal outside of his current market, whatever that is.

I cannot stand Tiffany.  So worry about your kids?  Give up your Ho-wife gig.  Easy-peasy.  It appears that you make enough money.

• Love 5

I wouldn't be surprised if Tiffany decides to work part-time. She seems like she's unhappy and needs to make a change but isn't sure what to do. She probably wants to keep her parents happy, be there for her kids, and possibly also finds the idea of being a reality star appealing. 

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Tiffany decides to work part-time. She seems like she's unhappy and needs to make a change but isn't sure what to do. She probably wants to keep her parents happy, be there for her kids, and possibly also finds the idea of being a reality star appealing. 

Just like the original and better Cary! 😄 

• Love 5

Sam Moon is kinda like a GINORMOUS Claire's with a whole bunch of other stuff that they doesn't have.  All pretty much really inexpensive but CUTE.  Even my  66 year old ass can find things that accessorize my "look" and make it better!

You know, I'm pretty old but I still want to look nice and not like old Granny.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh yes! Cary >>> Kary

Original Cary would have lots in common with Tiffany too with both being in the medical field. Her hubby was creepy tho with the jealousy of his own daughter. Still, I wish they would replace Kary with her.

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

Original Cary would have lots in common with Tiffany too with both being in the medical field. Her hubby was creepy tho with the jealousy of his own daughter. Still, I wish they would replace Kary with her.

Yeah I thought it was strange Mark was against Cary working less hours. You're a well-to-do man and your wife wants more time with your child, you should be all for it imo. It's so sad when people are jealous of their own kids.

I wish we could replace Kary with Cary. 

• Love 11

Wow, Kary really was the worst tonight. Tiffany owned that argument and Kary knew it, which is why she tried to throw out the "I'm Mexican, English isn't my first language" bs argument. Which won't work with Tiffany, who's also an immigrant and English wasn't her first language either. Then as a last ditch effort, she threw out the suicidal daughter. Which was horrible on her part and she only did it so people would feel sorry for her. It reminded me a lot of Leanne last season saying she may kill herself in Mexico. This past year hasn't been easy for anyone and I know it's been even tougher for people suffering from mental health, so I feel for Kary's daughter and hope she is getting help. She did not deserve to have her business thrown out by her mother just because her mother wanted attention. Oh and then she called Tiffany "covid-girl" 🤦‍♀️

I thought Tiffany's tears were real. When she talked about climbing the mountain, it made sense to me. 

• Love 21

Kary is the most horrible person! How dare she bring up her daughter's suicidal attempts on camera? As if her daughter doesn't already have issues with her I'm sure she really has them now. If that is not bad enough she has to do it at a party for someone else. She can not stand the focus to be on anybody else. She sucks the life out of every room she enters. Hate her with a passion. 

• Love 15

I would just like to point out that Kam took a sip of the pickle juice shot, rejected it and declared that it was "gross", and made an accompanying "gross face". 

So far no reports on people saying they were offended at her rejection of their Texas-pickle-juice-shot-drinking sub-culture, but it's still early.

(Gentle reminder that not liking a food, not wanting to eat it, right up to being grossed out by it is not, at least on its own, sufficient evidence of xenophobia.)

Kary and her sad song about how she doesn't have any of her own money. Jeepers, is your Bravo cheque made out to your husband?

JMO, but I think her jewelry line enjoyed some success from people who thought they were doing something right by supporting her against LeeAnne. Now that people see what Kary is actually like, and how very quickly she plays the victim card, they will be less inclined to support her business from that perspective.  Loved Tiffany calling her out on that. I like Tiffany and can look past her freshman season extra-ness; the ones that don't do that just fade away and aren't asked back. Tiffany is no fool, she wants more and knows how to get it, but I agree with those who wonder about how this is going to lighten her load. Best of luck to her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I agree with you on the the fact that LeeAnne is a little hurt girl inside. That has to be awful. But at some point in your 30-50’s you can make a decision to let your past always define you or you can get some introspection and professional help to chart a new path for your life. Sadly, that is not the path LeeAnne chose. While I feel bad for the trauma she endured as a child, she made a conscious choice to blame her childhood on all her inappropriate behavior instead of rising above and being a positive influence on the people around her.

Kary, on the other hand, just sucks. And I totally agree with you that LeeAnne has a vulnerability that Kary doesn’t have. Kary is just generally awful and beyond annoying.

I don’t want LeeAnne back, but at least she was real and Kary is just so fake.

So, I would be happy to not see either of them on my TV anytime soon.

Yeah I felt sorry for LeeAnne the first couple times she mentioned it, after that it was like geez get over it.  I have had horrible things happen, I feel you can choose to be a victim or rise above it.  Learn and grow, etc. 

I loved Kary last season, I really don't know what has gotten in to her.  Her children need to be left out of it.  This show will do those girls no favors.  

• Love 5
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Also, I don't blame D'Andra for bringing up that Tiffany is a doctor. One of my pet peeves is when SAHMs, particularly those of older children, think they have it harder than working mothers. I know SAHMs work harder than SOME people give credit for. But most of us know taking care of children (especially small ones), cooking, cleaning, etc., do not magically get themselves done. But having the grind of a full-time job on top of motherhood is obviously much more difficult, and there are women who do shame career women like Tiffany. It's true her career is particularly demanding. She has to be sharp because people's lives truly are in her hands. 

I have always been a full time working mother and I started over.  I have a 28,26 and 10 year old.  I have been judged.  I bawled my eyes out when having to take my youngest to daycare and go back to work.  My oldest son said Mom, we never minded going to daycare and admired how hard you worked - don't feel bad.  I live in Rockwall/Heath where it seems everyone has a Housekeeper, even the SAHMs.  My husband and I do everything around the house ourselves and work full time.  I see posts online whining about not having time and I'm thinking... man you need to manage things better, lol.   It is a balancing act but it can be done, but the guilt is still there at times.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I'm a feminist, so I have always supported a woman's right to work or be a stay at home mom. I don't think one is better than the other, just what is right for each individual family, however that is comprised. I was able to stay home, which was the best choice for our family, but it also meant we went without a second pay cheque.  We SAHMs are not all wealthy or even UMC. 

Sometimes I felt judged by a different brand of feminist for the choice I made. And when school drivers or field trip monitors or fund raisers were required, it was always me and other SAHMs who were expected to volunteer because, as I often heard from working outside the home moms, sort of half incredulously, "I have to go to work". I can't count the number of field trips, school fairs, class mom assignments, special projects, PTA meetings, play dates I did to help out the working moms who, please remember, were getting paid to go to work. No one ever thought to so much as buy a coffee for us SAHMs, who were doing most of the heavy lifting for all of those school and after school things. We hear a lot about how hard it is for working moms, how guilty they feel, and I don't doubt that it is hard, but please know it's not all sofa lounging and bonbons for the SAHMs either.  Some of us had to make real life sacrifices for our choice to stay home as well.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Jel said:

I'm a feminist, so I have always supported a woman's right to work or be a stay at home mom. I don't think one is better than the other, just what is right for each individual family, however that is comprised. I was able to stay home, which was the best choice for our family, but it also meant we went without a second pay cheque.  We SAHMs are not all wealthy or even UMC. 

Sometimes I felt judged by a different brand of feminist for the choice I made. And when school drivers or field trip monitors or fund raisers were required, it was always me and other SAHMs who were expected to volunteer because, as I often heard from working outside the home moms, sort of half incredulously, "I have to go to work". I can't count the number of field trips, school fairs, class mom assignments, special projects, PTA meetings, play dates I did to help out the working moms who, please remember, were getting paid to go to work. No one ever thought to so much as buy a coffee for us SAHMs, who were doing most of the heavy lifting for all of those school and after school things. We hear a lot about how hard it is for working moms, how guilty they feel, and I don't doubt that it is hard, but please know it's not all sofa lounging and bonbons for the SAHMs either.  Some of us had to make real life sacrifices for our choice to stay home as well.

I have always taken off work to be a chaperone for field trips, it is important to me.  It goes both ways, when I see all the SAHMs complain about the long school car pick up line, I'm thinking I wish I could be in that line.   I would love to be able to volunteer for some of those things you were able to.  I had some help when my daughter was a HS cheerleader, I was a single mom after losing my 1st husband.  Always took my "friends" to lunch to thank them.  To be fair, schools schedule a lot of things that don't even remotely work for working parents, I understand they can't please everyone but some are ridiculous.  They would schedule my daughter to cheer at an elementary school DARE gathering in the middle of the day and expect me to get her to there/from there back to the HS.  Long story short, most want what the other has.  Both can be difficult for different reasons, not really a contest....like you said to start, it is what works best for each individual family.  

Either way, I don't think any of these Ladies are a fair reflection of the Real World struggles most of us face..lol

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Jel said:

I'm a feminist and also think it's a choice. I don't even judge childless homemakers as long as they don't act superior and know they're fortunate. So long as you're not hurting anyone, you do you. If a woman is happy spending her days cooking, cleaning, running errands, paying bills, volunteering, working out, helping other family members, spending time on hobbies and dreams she wouldn't have time for if she had a full-time job, I totally support it.

I definitely do not condone the feminists who think all women need to be in the workplace. I totally understand that for some women, it's the best and most practical for them to be at home. It could be due to the number of kids, age of kids, issues with the kids, circumstances regarding the husband's work, cost of daycare, etc. I'd be a SAHM myself depending on the circumstances. 

I'm so sorry that you were judged and that people expected more out of you just because you were a SAHM. That's totally unfair. 

My pet peeve is just those SAHM moms who wanted kids, wanted to stay home with them, are fortunate to have a husband who makes enough to pull that off, and then they say they all have it so much harder than women who juggle that extra 40+ hours in an office. I've even heard this from mothers of older kids. They literally have several hours child-free and office-free every day and still act like they're slaves who want awards for doing basic adult chores and taking care of their own kids. People with jobs don't exactly get medals either. 

48 minutes ago, klh25 said:

I have always taken off work to be a chaperone for field trips, it is important to me.  It goes both ways, when I see all the SAHMs complain about the long school car pick up line, I'm thinking I wish I could be in that line.   I would love to be able to volunteer for some of those things you were able to.  I had some help when my daughter was a HS cheerleader, I was a single mom after losing my 1st husband.  Always took my "friends" to lunch to thank them.  To be fair, schools schedule a lot of things that don't even remotely work for working parents, I understand they can't please everyone but some are ridiculous.  They would schedule my daughter to cheer at an elementary school DARE gathering in the middle of the day and expect me to get her to there/from there back to the HS.  Long story short, most want what the other has.  Both can be difficult for different reasons, not really a contest....like you said to start, it is what works best for each individual family.  

Either way, I don't think any of these Ladies are a fair reflection of the Real World struggles most of us face..lol

Yeah I know many working moms who'd gladly trade places with the SAHM ones. They're the ones most sensitive about being judged for not being there for their kids enough, because they go to work out of necessity. 

True that! lol

I know having a job dealing lots of details and numbers requires a certain amount of rest for me, and I feel so bad for my family and friends who are doctors and still have their own friends not understand when they have to call it a night. 

• Love 6

My mother & husband are both MDs & have heard med school, residency, etc stories all my life. And when they &/or their MD friends are together....oy!  They're both pediatricians so their work is relatively un-squeamish. I have been tuned off of so many foods because an off-hand comment by Mother or hubby about what the look, texture, color, etc reminds them of. I do admit to being a bit squeamish, and there are just some comments you cannot unhear.

Mom of 3 here (14-year old & 11-year old twins).  I've been a working mom, SAHM, and now a working-from-home mom. All have their rewards, hardships, & mixed feelings, but if you are privileged enough to financially do what is the best for your family & your own soul and mental health at any given time, I'm all for it. (my mother did the same)

Sofia is a lovely young woman. Her face is just beautiful. 

• Love 5
On 2/3/2021 at 6:17 PM, RealHousewife said:

It's kind of like Lilly who was on Shahs of Sunset. She's a licensed attorney and successful business woman, but she also gave Kardashian vibes. 

Wasn’t she also from Dallas? Definitely TX but I think Dallas...

• Love 2

Not to ever defend LeeAnn, but hearing Kary say "I'm sorry I'm Mexican!" made me wonder if she did that a lot last season, which is why LeeAnn latched onto it and kept spouting hate and nonsense about being Mexican. This certainly doesn't absolve LeeAnn by any means, but I'm just curious. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Not to ever defend LeeAnn, but hearing Kary say "I'm sorry I'm Mexican!" made me wonder if she did that a lot last season, which is why LeeAnn latched onto it and kept spouting hate and nonsense about being Mexican. This certainly doesn't absolve LeeAnn by any means, but I'm just curious. 

She did, a lot. As you said, it doesn’t absolve LeeAnn of anything she said and did, but Kary said it All. The. Time.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Yes!  That's all she did, even when being Mexican had nothing to do with an issue, and that's exactly why Leeann ranted about it!  She also heckled Leeann from the get go (asking a 50 year old woman in front of everyone why she doesn't have kids!  and when Leeann answered graciously Kary told her that her reasons were wrong! 😡 ), and I'm sure she was thrilled to be the cause of getting her fired.  That's why she made me so angry at the reunion, acting "so hurt" and trying to squeeze out the perfect single tear like Rinna.  That's why I was thrilled when she tried it with a Chinese woman for whom English was also a second language 😄. And when that didn't work she exploited her daughter's mental health issues.  For the record, I think Leeann was mean, crazy, and usually at fault for everything she was blamed for, but not this issue and the unfairness and untruth of it bugs me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22

There is an old saying that two suns cannot hold in the same sphere. Lee Anne and Kary are  so similar that they could not be together as part of RHOD. If LeeAnne had not been meaner than a junkyard dog to everyone, she would have stayed and Kary would have had to leave because LeeAnne is witty and funny while Kary is just boring. LeeAnne was her own worst enemy.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

There is an old saying that two suns cannot hold in the same sphere. Lee Anne and Kary are  so similar that they could not be together as part of RHOD. If LeeAnne had not been meaner than a junkyard dog to everyone, she would have stayed and Kary would have had to leave because LeeAnne is witty and funny while Kary is just boring. LeeAnne was her own worst enemy.

This saying is new to me, but I've always thought it! I've noticed I can get along with most people, and I think that's because even when I find another person rude, I am pretty good about keeping my cool and don't need a ton of attention. When you have two people who are strong personalities, short-tempered, perhaps both enjoy being the center of attention, they usually can't stand each other. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 2/2/2021 at 9:26 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

I'm wondering if Tiffany learned English right when the valley vocal fry became a thing?  

Kary and Leeanne were 2 peas in a pod.  I'm wondering if Covid derailed her escape plan from her hubby (i.e. her jewelry business stalling).

And I'm not surprised Kam is friends with Kary..she was friends with Leeanne.  I'm not sure if she's the Gretchen or Karen (mean girls) to Kary/leeanne's Regina.

I don't know why Tiffany talks that way but it is hard to hear. Super slow, over-enunciating. Ugh. I don't like her and fast-forward through most of her scenes. I expect we're supposed to sympathize with her for the pressure she got from her mother, but I don't. I am just not interested. 

I kind of miss LeAnne. I know she was a piece of work but she could be good TV. 

Not many people I like on this show. Probably just Stephanie. 

• Love 7
On 2/3/2021 at 9:37 PM, Gracie123 said:

Hey Tiffany,

If you are so overburdened and feeling guilty, why the "f" did you sign up to do a Housewives show on top of everything else in your very, very, very, extremely stressful life?  I'm sorry, but doctors are not the only ones who are busy, mentally stressed, and have children.  Guess what?  We don't take on another project in order to make myself a martyr every week.  Please, make her go away.

P.S.  You and your mom need therapy.

I agree.  She walked away from her daughters to go cry about how she couldn’t spend time with them.  I don’t like her, her voice or her hand gestures.  I am shocked that she spoke about her parents the way she did.  It was shameful.

Go away Kary.

• Love 5

Oh man!  Awkward.  That's how I felt watching Kary talking to Sofia.  During their conversation when Kary approaches the subject of her divorce, Sofia shuts it down with such finality I get the feeling that Kary has beat the dead horse of her divorce to her kids ad nauseum.  I noticed that both her daughters seem tentative, reserved and decidedly unemotional around Kary, as if they can barely tolerate her.  I sense an undercurrent that her daughters aren't impressed by her attentive mother routine.

• Love 7
On 2/2/2021 at 7:15 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Tiffany’s husband’s face looks like wax. He is expressionless. 
If Tiffany hated having a Tiger mother, yet she admits to being one. Whatever. 

I noticed Tiffany was pretty stingy with the praise of her children's academic achievements (a ho-hum "that's pretty good") while not actually being up to speed about the level they were performing at.  A Tiger Mom would be doing the teaching herself.  Where are the ballet lessons, where are the piano or violin lessons?  I'm sure the girls will be pushed into that soon enough if Tiffany is to keep her Tiger Mom pride intact.

Tiffany knows why she can't stop -- she's beholden to her mother and father who expect her to work her hardest her whole life to make as much money as she can because they see it as her duty to support them when they decide to retire.  It won't matter that they have their own house, their own money and live comfortably.  They expect her bend to their every demand because she owes them for giving her life.  I noticed how she said it was "because they brought me here and gave up a good life in China".  Baloney.  If they had the world by the ass living in China, they'd have stayed there.  I will never understand parents who expect repayment from their children in the form of obeying all parental demands their whole lives for simply having brought them into the world.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Oh man!  Awkward.  That's how I felt watching Kary talking to Sofia.  During their conversation when Kary approaches the subject of her divorce, Sofia shuts it down with such finality I get the feeling that Kary has beat the dead horse of her divorce to her kids ad nauseum.  I noticed that both her daughters seem tentative, reserved and decidedly unemotional around Kary, as if they can barely tolerate her.  I sense an undercurrent that her daughters aren't impressed by her attentive mother routine.

If Kary is a brute with her friends in a social setting, I can only imagine how she must’ve been as a mother and/or partner in a hostile marriage or divorce situation. They must’ve witnessed a lot. I’m sure some of that eye rolling and annoyance has to do with seeing  that side. Kary also made acknowledged that she didn’t give her kids a lot of attention during the divorce. For her to acknowledge that means she must’ve really been neglectful of their feelings and didn’t really try. 

• Love 13