Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by ProfCrash

I appreciate that the SAHM/Working Mom has been very civil and a good exchange of ideas but it is time to move. Please and thank you.

• Start Topic

Brandi's birthday trip to Grapevine continues as D'Andra and Kary spar over their fractured friendship, while Kary accuses Tiffany of being a hypocrite. "Pickle shots" flow at a local bar where Brandi teaches the ladies some signature dance moves, and a souvenir store inspires Stephanie to go on a spanking spree.

Original air date 2021.02.02

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Tiffany is just way too pretentious and joyless for me and her attempts to come across as someone you can sympathize with are pathetic. 
Her husband must have money because unless I’m missing something, there are well, regarded, published anesthesiologists in my neighborhood and I don’t live anywhere special. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Tiffany is just way too pretentious and joyless for me and her attempts to come across as someone you can sympathize with are pathetic. 
Her husband must have money because unless I’m missing something, there are well, regarded, published anesthesiologists in my neighborhood and I don’t live anywhere special. 

Not a fan of Tiffany.  Her husband’s family owns a chain of accessory/costume jewelry stores in TX amongst other businesses, they do very well. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 6

I'm wondering if Tiffany learned English right when the valley vocal fry became a thing?  

Kary and Leeanne were 2 peas in a pod.  I'm wondering if Covid derailed her escape plan from her hubby (i.e. her jewelry business stalling).

And I'm not surprised Kam is friends with Kary..she was friends with Leeanne.  I'm not sure if she's the Gretchen or Karen (mean girls) to Kary/leeanne's Regina.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

This was so boring to me.

D’andra’s face at that last restaurant looked insane. Like way too much plastic surgery and her face was melting or something when she was trying to cry.

Kary is the worst. Just shut the fuck up.

Brandi was not bad this episode. I FF the bath scene tho because who cares lol.

I do not care about Tiffany’s mommy issues. Get a better SL pls.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 12

So.... There aren't too many of us who complain about time without our kiddos because we're physicians. Seriously.  I think we've seen it through Married to Medicine and it's not that great.  I think women physicians are really AWESOME!!

My actual PCP is a woman and she's very thorough, easy to talk with, understanding and SMART.

Maybe the Howives of Big "D" isn't the best fit for Tiffany??

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Tiffany’s transition from serious, workaholic doc to drunk and silly Bravolebrity is an interesting life decision. So now, at least until she trims her hospital hours, she’s with her kids even less.

• Love 21

You're right Nexxie.  Interesting transition.  Wonder where she's headed?? Ideas?

Is it just to be on teevee?? No matter how you look?? I can't imagine after all the work she's done to be a physician that has a good reputation, she'd twist off onto THIS?

There's something up. For sure. DOCTOR KARDASHIAN??

Edited by goofygirl
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Tiffany’s husband’s face looks like wax. He is expressionless. 
If Tiffany hated having a Tiger mother, yet she admits to being one. Whatever. 

2 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

You're right Nexxie.  Interesting transition.  Wonder where she's headed?? Ideas?

Not sure what Tiffany is thinking, but one thing is for sure - her Tiger mom is not going to be happy about how she’s being described. Watch out for those claws!

1k25h1oe6eh01.png

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

There's this PhD lady on RHOP who got all wanky about being referred to as DOCTOR a few times.  It seemed like with HER Tiger Mom, she felt like she'd "Been there, done that", actually DID what her Mom wanted her to do, accomplished the things her MOM wanted, and now it was HER time to decide what to do with her own life. 

She seemed to want something different. Hence, Howives of Potomac.  Is Tiffany at that same place?  Like, you do everything your Tiger Mom wants you to do and then you want something different.  I wonder if they'd think the same way if the TM were gone.  Just a question.  

I know that MY Tiger Mom wanted me to go to Julliard and be some big ass piano player.  My parents sat me down on my 5th birthday and told me I could do anything I wanted to do OUTSIDE of school but I HAD to do something until I graduated from high school.  Curiously, my Mother was a big ass piano player.  

So I chose... piano.  I had to practice every day for longer and longer periods of time as I got older.  I wanted to be on the swimming team.  I had to practice  piano BEFORE I could go to swim team practice.

Then, at 14, I was practicing piano 1.5 hours a day and one day... BOOM! Aneurysm for Mom. Gone.

I still ended up taking piano lessons until I graduated but I was also in the drill team.  I changed piano teachers and got to play something besides Beethoven, Brahms and Chopin.  I got to play Carole King. Dave Brubeck.

And NO. Julliard. University of Houston. Business.

Sitting RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE, 3 feet from MY piano.  Last time I played it was Christmas carols.  But this dang piano looks great with all the framed pictures on it.

Tiger Mom??

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 23

I actually am liking Tiffany better and better with every episode.  I wasn't all that infatuated with her at the beginning because she seemed kind of abrasive, but when she was talking about being a lonely child, I felt sorry for her.  It must be hard having to be so perfect when you are a little kid, and carrying that kind of baggage all your life.  I hope she goes part time and stays home with her kids more.  

I don't know what to think about a person that can eat while standing over a cadaver.  It's something I can't quite comprehend...like eating a chicken foot if you weren't starving.🤢  But that's just me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I see Kary’s jewelry Line as more of a “jobby”. I haven’t heard anything about it but when it’s mentioned on the show. I think she’s insecure because she doesn’t come from wealth and doesn’t have education or skills to fall back on. I don’t want to buy jewelry that’s cobbled together from a disinterested teen in her mom’s workshop. 

Is Sam moon like Alibaba or something? I’ve never heard of it. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 6

Brandi should have reached across the table and stuffed every pair of those panties in Kary's mouth. I am bothered by her blaming her atrocious behaviour on her daughter's mental health issues. I have lost a family member to suicide and i can't even imagine acting the fool on a reality show while dealing with a loved one going through something like this. A new low, even for her. And maybe she should get a clue and see that Sofia doesn't want to talk about her parents divorce - on camera. ETA - I think being on this show is Kary's job so she is willing to air anything for a storyline to keep her employed. She is socking it away in case Eduardo boots her out the door. 

Tiffany with the mom guilt. She has made choices to work shifts in a hospital and be on a reality show. Luckily she has a husband to pick up the slack. And she has an assistant. Has it ever been disclosed what he does for a living? He seems like a pretty good therapist. 

D'andra needs to get over herself altogether, and maybe back off the booze a little. She's already been in rehab for cocaine and it's a slippery slope. 

And not once did I want to smack Brandi this episode - baby steps! That little Bruin is so adorable. 

Edited by lizajane
More Kary thoghts
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Kary is so obnoxious this season. I think she was last season but without Leanne to one up the obnoxious, it really stands out. Her daughter looked so uncomfortable on camera. The other daughter must have okayed the suicide contemplation on camera but Kary used it at such a terrible time it just makes Kary look like an ass. 
I was liking Tiffany until that awful fake crying bit at the end. I miss the days when the Real Housewives loved their lives or at least acted like they did.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, princelina said:

If I were the purple haired one I'd be pissed when I watched tonight's episode.

So we see the purple haired daughter sitting on a bench in the yard and Kary comes out and says "Your hair is still purple," wouldn't she know what color her hair is, the girl lives in her house.  Kary truly has no story line and is putting all the responsibility of her having anything to talk about on the purple haired daughter...the fragile one.  Way to mother, Kary...blurt it out on TV so her friends, family and strangers will know.  

D'Andra talking about her rehab might actually be helpful to someone watching but all Kary did was tell something private about her daughter for air time.

That dinner (geeze that was a long day those women had) table looked terrible, those old catering hall chairs looked sad and dated, why wouldn't they have had dinner at the winery outside, that looked way nicer.

For me, Brandi is either the most annoying person in the room or she is barely there, this episode had just enough of Brandi until she had to put that fake beard on and run around in traffic.

Tiffany should learn how to cry with tears.  Her "woe is me" act was lost on me while she sat in her zillion dollar house wearing designer clothes, maids and nannies, education, etc...I just cannot muster up the sympathy she was going for.

Kam, dim sum, insane asylum...her command of the English language is sad.  I do not think she is intelligent, her husband knows this.

Stephanie, the panty game was news to me, it looked try hard for TV.  

• Love 14

Random thoughts:

Did Kary say she made like $100k in just a few months pre-covid?  

Tiffany's husband (according to google) LOL Daniel Moon is VP and General Counsel at Sam Moon, He is also a big show real estate investor/developer.  I remember a while back, my daughter saw searching who is it and she told me that he's somehow affiliated the the JW marriott brand too.  

I thought it was cute that Brandi got in the tub w her kids with her clothes on. 

That Jen chick might as well be a real life Captain Brandi....both serve no purpose whatsoever.

I hate myself for this:  But I felt sad for Tiffany when she was crying in her room.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Is Sam moon like Alibaba or something? I’ve never heard of it. 

Sam Moon is THE place to go.  When I was a poor college student at Oklahoma State (same as Stephanie - and we overlapped two years) we would go to Dallas for football games, parties, spring break, etc. and ALWAYS make it a point to go to Sam Moon.  They had cheap jewelry, bags, hats, etc. that worked with my budget, and the store was massive.  Everyone went there, everyone talked about it, and everyone shopped there.  It was great.  I still make it a point to go from time to time when I'm in the DFW area, but it's not the priority it was when I was in college.

I was going back and forth on Tiffany while watching the last few episodes, but after seeing her on WWHL, I have a new found respect for her.  She is the first housewife to acutally "own" her shit, and it was refreshing!  

Kary... go away.

DeeAndra... go away.

Wish the red headed new girl was actually a cast member instead of lurking in the shadows.  I want to know why she doesn't drink.  (And what was she drinking at AJ's on main?  Straight pickle juice?!) I want to know what she does.  She's there, but she's not.  It's weird.  Speaking of AJ's on main, Stephanie... every Oklahoma girl knowns it's not supposed to be pickle juice and vodka - it's pickle juice and WHISKEY - girl, order a Wickle!

I was enjoying Brandie for once on this show, and then she had to take that man's mask and sling it around her crotch in the middle of the street.  Yikes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Tiffany's husband (according to google) LOL Daniel Moon is VP and General Counsel at Sam Moon, He is also a big show real estate investor/developer.  I remember a while back, my daughter saw searching who is it and she told me that he's somehow affiliated the the JW marriott brand too.  

I don't know if I like Tiffany more or less with the Sam Moon information.

1 hour ago, Slider said:

Sam Moon is THE place to go.  When I was a poor college student at Oklahoma State (same as Stephanie - and we overlapped two years) we would go to Dallas for football games, parties, spring break, etc. and ALWAYS make it a point to go to Sam Moon.  They had cheap jewelry, bags, hats, etc. that worked with my budget, and the store was massive.  Everyone went there, everyone talked about it, and everyone shopped there.  It was great.  I still make it a point to go from time to time when I'm in the DFW area, but it's not the priority it was when I was in college.

At one of my prior fun jobs, we would go to Sam Moon and get cheap ass tiaras for people's big birthdays and make them wear them at happy hours.

For non DFW'ians (or is it all of TX?): https://sammoon.com/  Nice knockoff Burberry purse on the front page, Sam Moon.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I don't know if I like Tiffany more or less with the Sam Moon information.

At one of prior fun jobs, we would go to Sam Moon and get cheap ass tiaras for people's big birthdays and make them wear them at happy hours.

For non DFW'ians (or is it all of TX?): https://sammoon.com/  Nice knockoff Burberry page on the front page, Sam Moon.

Is it like a Claire's? tell me more tell me more.....if its just in TX how big can it be (no snark)

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Is it like a Claire's? tell me more tell me more.....if its just in TX how big can it be (no snark)

Started a Tiffany thread and responded over there.  We're veering a little too off topic, I think!

Kary's use of her daughter's depression and suicidal ideation to one-up Tiff's stress is the grossest thing I have ever seen on a HW show.  I sincerely hope she is getting that child the help she needs.  She didn't  mention it to a group of friends looking for support, she just want to prove that her life is stressful too.  Did she stop to think for one minute if her daughter wanted that shared on National TV or the impact it might have on her?  Kary looks a lot like my sister in law so I liked her initially but she's lost on me.  But of course, true to form and Kary's criticism, D/Andra immediately launches in to her father's suicide and her estrangement with her brother.

• Love 24

I do not believe Kary cleared $100K on her jewelry.  I think she used her husband's money to buy the stuff to make it.  Then she sold a few pieces and claims she is making all this money.  She probably spent a lot more buying the tools and supplies than she ever made back.  She wanted to leave Eduardo last season.  Covid hit and she stayed where it is safe.  I still think he has a mistress on the side.  I don't know how he can listen to her.  Her voice is so grating and loud.  Kary Go Away. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

Kary. Get a clue. Your older daughters do not want to talk about your divorce or anything personal on camera! They are not fun to watch and I will go out on a limb and say they don't like Kary. She must have been a real doosey when they were growing up and needed her. Isn't she constantly saying she wasn't there for them? 

3 hours ago, Slider said:

I was going back and forth on Tiffany while watching the last few episodes, but after seeing her on WWHL, I have a new found respect for her.  She is the first housewife to acutally "own" her shit, and it was refreshing!  

Yes!! She was fantastic. Not pretentious at all and owned every thing she did wrong during the season and apparently apologized (off camera, no less) to some of the women she felt she wronged.  She doesn't hold grudges. I love her! She also talked a little but about some of the surgeries she is involved in. Wowza, I have mad respect for her and I think Andy Cohen was impressed with her, too.  

I can't imagine living with parents that make you feel like nothing you do is ever good enough. I wonder if the parents put the same pressures on her brother and how he turned out. Sometimes with parents like that the kids go the opposite way. Drugs, alcohol, etc......

• Love 19
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Lol, have you been to Texas?  But they do have other businesses other than the Sam Moon retail locations.

• LOL 2
15 hours ago, nexxie said:

Tiffany’s transition from serious, workaholic doc to drunk and silly Bravolebrity is an interesting life decision. So now, at least until she trims her hospital hours, she’s with her kids even less.

I am surprised that she would want to quit working in a hospital to be on this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, oakville said:

I am surprised that she would want to quit working in a hospital to be on this show.

I don't think she is quitting to be on this show .. I think the thought of cutting back has been going through her head before this show  ... I understand her reasoning. they don't NEED the money and she is missing out on her daughters growing up and the quality time she never got to spend with her own mother... even when she was away on this trip she kept talking about her kids and how she should be with them and how guilty she felt for not being there....

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

I don't know what to think about a person that can eat while standing over a cadaver.  It's something I can't quite comprehend...like eating a chicken foot if you weren't starving.🤢  But that's just me.

Sometimes I wonder how I can have a sandwich while watching “Hoarders”. 🥴

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

I remember seeing Kary’s jewelry and thinking it looked like something you’d get from Claire’s. Maybe she needs to reevaluate her design aesthetic and its actual value and have a chat with Mr. Sam Moon.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Lol, have you been to Texas?  But they do have other businesses other than the Sam Moon retail locations.

Yes. I have been to Texas - I seem to be missing your point here.  Its pretty clear by the comments that the folks in TX are the only ones that have heard about Sam Moon - which is why I asked what I asked.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5