Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E08: Beach, Please!

• Start Topic

The ladies arrive in Isle of Palms, South Carolina, and are immediately faced with an unexpected mystery. Tensions flare between Drew and Latoya. As the trip gets fully underway, the women realize they have to confront Kenya for proving to be a less-than-fabulous hostess.

Airdate 01.31.2021

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The Sprinter took 8 hours for a 6 hour drive tops? They may want to rethink their name.

Of course we don’t know the number of pit stops involved, but still.

Porsha upset about not being able to bring PJ? Not the first the time she left her baby for a few days.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Two things that will cause Kandi to lose her shit:  money and food.  

She can forgive many things, but not being deprived of food.

Kenya is unreal not only ordering food without them, but then eating it in front of them.  What?!  Why couldn’t she eat it in the room with her nanny and baby?

• Love 17

I always get a kick out of how much Kandi loves to eat.  If she was in the middle of an earthquake, she’d finish eating before she took cover.  And, I haven’t watched this franchise from the beginning so I don’t know her history, but, I like Marlo.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

Was that Porsha who went sailing over the back of the couch? I need more hilarious ATL Housewives antics like that. 

I'm no fan of Drew ("Chicago" is not a personality trait.), but I dislike Latoya more. Where did Kenya get the murder mystery people? I'm sure she could have found a better troupe on Craigslist. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Kenya is unreal not only ordering food without them, but then eating it in front of them.  What?!  Why couldn’t she eat it in the room with her nanny and baby?

That was super tacky.  I was taught to never eat in front of someone unless they were eating too, or to offer them food.  Bad taste, Kenya.

Bad game and bad manners, she really is being a crappy hostess.

• Love 15

Marlo turning the living room into her bedroom and the bedroom Ken assigned to her into her dressing room cracked me up. Give her a peach already!!

Ken is a terrible hostess. And person. LaToya is beyond irritating. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 21

I thought NOT Martha Stewart Kenya said something like she was PMS-ing and THAT was why she ordered ONE CRABCAKE.  But that there was FOOD in the refrigerator that everyone could eat?  However she put it, I'da been pissed off!

She's a horrible person and shitty hostess.  If they learn anything from this trip, it's that they would be better off at a hotel with room service, than let Kenya plan anything that involved sleeping, eating, driving or FLYING anywhere!

• Love 18

Cynthia looks so beautiful in her TH in the blue dress. Wow....Mike is a lucky guy. Kandi is everyone's spirit animal. Deep down we all love to eat. I would rather see a person have that attitude towards food than someone say like Bethenny Frankel and Jules from RHONY. Marlo was being very immature when she was saying what she had done on Kenya's bed smh. So childish. The new girls are very pretty and fit. 

Edited by ErikaLovesNihad
  • Love 5

Why is Falynn not a housewife!  I'm hoping she offers to fly the Titis home on her private plane!

I don't think Kandi liked being put in the Auntie category......

Marlo. Don't hand out an olive branch.  It is Ken for goodness sake.  KEN!  Just ignore her.  And? Be nice to Falynn.  She's right next door.  And probably has a ocean view suite to spare.

Drew!  Drew handed the wig shade perfectly.  She shut that down in the best way possible. 

Ken.  Is just the worst.  Such a hateful person.  Her misery oozes out of her.  

Best moment? Porsha flying over the couch!

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 20

I was laughing at the murder mystery and the lack of participation because there was booze to be had, seriously there could have been a real dead body on the floor and they would have ignored it for a good drink, lol.

Everyone is pissed at Kenya because she ordered one crab cake but those same women could have all gotten Grubhub delivered, it seems that they wanted to bitch about it rather than have resolution.

Cynthia and her lowcut tops are doing her no favors, her boobs looked sloppy, she has gained a lot of weight and needs a wardrobe that would be more flattering.  Marlo and her heels and bathingsuit, ugh, was that her attempt to look young and youthful for the ladies that put her in the Auntie category?  I did not work.

Lucky for Porsha, Hennessey is vegan friendly, I do not think she could give up her brandy, pork yes, brandy, never.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

It really does!  And I'm starting to wonder what's wrong with her socially?  I mean ordering food in without giving everyone the opportunity to order was intentionally rude because you know she knows better but then I remember she thought it was okay to crash Marlo's wig event with a marching band like it would be funny or something.   So yeah, she's just trying way too hard to be a 'love to hate villain' and just doing shitty rude things that I don't really enjoy on any level.   

The thing with the bedrooms is a super tired thing on every HW show I watch.   Seriously, why would these ridiculous women care? 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11

Ok. Porsha was straight up mad at the bbq guy, with that delicious looking whole roast pig on the grill. Talmbout she vegan. Meanwhile, she been all on WWHL talmbout how she had whole hams delivered during quarantine! Lol, & would get mad if anybody tried to take a piece of her ham! Porsha kills me! 🤣🤣🤣

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Gracie123 said:

Really Marlo?  Crying at the dinner table because you didn't like your room?  I'm no Kenya fan, but come on.

Yes I thought that was beyond ridiculous. Sure it wasn't the fanciest of the bedrooms, but it had a double bed and its own bathroom, so what more did she need? And if the room wasn't given to her who should Kenya have given that room to? For Marlo to be all shocked and crying? Just overdramatics for the sake of it. Poor, poor Marlo. 

And though I think LaToya is trying a bit too hard, I thought Drew's reaction to their interaction was also amped up to ridiculous levels. She wanted to have beef with LaToya and was determined to get it in some way or other. Certainly everyone has their own space boundaries and Drew can tell someone to back off, which she did. But it was made far too big a deal and was clearly just something for Drew to hang her hat on as a reason to get attention, storyline, and all that.

I was kind of astounded by Kenya's lack of hostessing efforts during the day, but also amused? Kenya just didn't care and yes, that's rude, but also kind of refreshing? I know that generally these HW trips are all arranged and planned, but this felt more like what my own group of friends might do on a getaway. Some meals/events planned for the group, rest of the time you're on your own to figure it out. There's food in the fridge, order something, etc. Marlo made breakfast so clearly there was food there. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I was kind of astounded by Kenya's lack of hostessing efforts during the day, but also amused? Kenya just didn't care and yes, that's rude, but also kind of refreshing? I know that generally these HW trips are all arranged and planned, but this felt more like what my own group of friends might do on a getaway.

The big difference for me is when my group of friends would do a getaway (back in the Before Times btw) there isn't a designated hostess who is generally in charge of everything and dictates things like transportation, bedroom selection, and itinerary.  Kenya made this "her" trip and then failed to communicate that really this was just a trip for her, Brooklyn, and LaToya.  

• Love 12

The thing with the bedrooms is a super tired thing on every HW show I watch.   Seriously, why would these ridiculous women care? 

It's so annoying, but par for the course for these shows. You're there for a week, suck it up. As long as it's clean, that should be good. Bonus points if you have your own bathroom. But crying about it was too much, Marlo. It's always wild to me when ladies across HW franchises complain about their accommodations on vacation. They're hardly in their rooms during the day! 

I would rather Falynn get a peach than Latoya. I can't stand Latoya. She's a try hard. She really thought that wig she bought was going to go over well? 

The dinner looked great, and I'm assuming that the reason why Kenya had nothing planned for them to do during the day was due to covid restrictions, but not ordering food for your guests and eating your sandwich in front of them was tacky AF. 

• Love 14
16 hours ago, nexxie said:

Did Porsha really ask the bbq guy those questions?!

Heh.  She should witness what goes into making those Hot Dogs Dennis sells!  That would probably make a whole roasting pig look awesome in comparison.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Heh.  She should witness what goes into making those Hot Dogs Dennis sells!  That would probably make a whole roasting pig look awesome in comparison.  

Such a good, important point - yes, hotdogs are full of all kinds of stuff.

Wish I could go to a pig roast 🐷 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Such a good, important point - yes, hotdogs are full of all kinds of stuff.

Wish I could go to a pig roast 🐷 

I have been to two, my first husband had a client that called himself, the crazy Cuban, it was hours of waiting and when it was done they paraded the head around, good pig.  The second one was at a friends house who's Philipino girlfriend invited every Philipino in York, PA and I have to say it was amazing food, the pig was delicious and the other dishes were so good I am dreaming of food I do not know what I ate but yummmy.

Porsha missed out for sure.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I almost loved Kandi’s muttered “There’s a wig in that bag” as much as the couch jump.

Both were awesome. Also awesome was the producers when all of them were drinking, showing a big arrow pointing to Kandi’s glass that said Water. 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Porsha for the WIN AGAIN.  WTF?? I'm rewatching old seasons just to get to her debut because I honestly can't comprehend that this is the same person.  "I don't understand what is happening!!  I just came to dance and drink!"  I'm with you, Porsha, I'm with you.

OK, I'll admit it, well played, Drew.  She was the perfect amount of salty without being a complete asshole.  It was a good moment...but, is that it??  It that her peach moment??  I'm still not seeing how she is holding a peach.

Especially when Marlo isn't.  Look, I understand why they have been hesitant to had her a peach, she has some pretty serious violence in her past (and I believe her victim ended up dying by suicide?), and she dropped a major F bomb (not fuck, the other one) in an early season. But enough with straddling the fence, Bravo!  You won't give her her peach because of her problematic past, but you are having your cake and eating it too by still having her prominently featured every season.  Plus, I think she turned over a new leaf with her nephews.  She's reality gold, and she is giving me life as the Covid Police, so give her her peach already.  If she's so problematic you can't, cut her loose. But don't do that - give her her peach!

• Love 15
On 1/31/2021 at 8:31 PM, Vanderboom said:

Was that Porsha who went sailing over the back of the couch? I need more hilarious ATL Housewives antics like that.

That was the best part of the show. I laughed my non-inflated, totally natural, ass off.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

We had to see dickhead Ralph on a facetime call. Why?

Now that I have no answer for.  One well played moment does not make up for him.  Take her peach.  You know who to give it to.

Is this the most amount of "friends of" they have ever had on a vacation??  I know it was close by, not the same cost as Rome, but damn there are people everywhere!

Oh, and Kenya!  If there was so much wonderful food in the fridge, why did you need to order out??  Because you* bought food even you** don't want to eat!  Just make a group order and move on.

*You, being production.

**You, being Kenya.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

^^^^That right above me!

I don't think it would ever occur to me, in a household full of people, if I'm ordering food, to NOT yell out:

HEY!  I'm ordering crabcakes!  Anyone want to order something?

I mean......its no wonder Kenya doesn't have a village.  Where does Aunt Lori live?

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
On 1/31/2021 at 8:22 PM, Shannah Banana said:

Look, Kenya's game was stupid.  Who in the hell would want to travel eight hours and have to play some dumb game that made you actually think, with all the booze flowing.  Bad idea.

On 1/31/2021 at 8:59 PM, TexasGal said:

On 1/31/2021 at 9:24 PM, Shannah Banana said:

I don't believe that is Kenya's real ass.  One season they showed her on film mounting a horse, and the way her ass cheek squished to one side, could not happen with a natural ass.  Implants.  Fake ass.

On 2/1/2021 at 7:50 AM, dosodog said:

Why is Falynn not a housewife!  I'm hoping she offers to fly the Titis home on her private plane!

I don't think Kandi liked being put in the Auntie category......

Marlo. Don't hand out an olive branch.  It is Ken for goodness sake.  KEN!  Just ignore her.  And? Be nice to Falynn.  She's right next door.  And probably has a ocean view suite to spare.

Drew!  Drew handed the wig shade perfectly.  She shut that down in the best way possible. 

Best moment? Porsha flying over the couch!

Okay, the good news is that this is the first episode that did not bore me to death.

I was thinking about doing a murder mystery sometime after the Corona is gone....thank you Ken for saving me some money.

I just about died when people where horrified that the fake police guys might be strippers.

I follow a youtuber who has has a lot of work done. The difference is that she is honest about her procedures. and takes everyone along on all her plastic surgery journeys. She got her butt done and my first thought...her butt is square just like Kenya's. If Kenya's butt was real than Marlow's comments would not get to her so badly

Kenya talks about gaining so much weight but Toya is about the same size.

I wish Ken had this personality to stand up to her wretched ex husband but her nastiness only comes out when she want the villain role on this reality show and she really is not that great of an actress.

Falynn is so pretty...she is just a deep chocolate Barbie doll....she should have a peach instead of Toya.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 2/2/2021 at 11:26 AM, lasu said:

Porsha for the WIN AGAIN.  WTF?? I'm rewatching old seasons just to get to her debut because I honestly can't comprehend that this is the same person.  "I don't understand what is happening!!  I just came to dance and drink!"  I'm with you, Porsha, I'm with you.

And then randomly threw in some Ebony from Player's Club quote:  "I just came to dance, Junior."  LOL.  I love Porsha.

Love Porsha as much as I loathe Kenya.  I don't even want any of her funky crab cake sandwich but she's a triflin' bitch for not telling everyone that she was ordering out.

Kandi and that BBQ was everything.  She had a true appreciation for that pig.

Drew shut that try-hard LaToya all the way down and I live for it.  

Marlo keeping her foot on Kenya's fake ass.  Hilarious.

• Love 10
On 1/31/2021 at 9:24 PM, Shannah Banana said:

I don't believe that is Kenya's real ass.  One season they showed her on film mounting a horse, and the way her ass cheek squished to one side, could not happen with a natural ass.  Implants.  Fake ass.

The episode I remember was the Bye Ashy incident. When Kenya stood up, one butt cheek was completely misshapen. I think I even posted a picture.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Kenya has been playing this character on this show since the beginning. Nothing about her is real, including her ass. Ironically, the most real thing that has happened to her is her ex husband dumping her pretty publicly and he was the one part of her life that was not filmed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6