Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/1/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Feb. 1 – Anthony Anderson (ABC’s “Black-ish”)

Tuesday, Feb. 2 – Dr. Ibram X. Kendi (Book, “Four Hundred Souls”)

Wednesday, Feb. 3 — Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, Feb. 4 — Brandy (Album, “B7”)

Friday, Feb. 5 — Van Jones (“The Reunited States”)

• Love 3

I'm going to need the ladies to push back against Meghan's "Criticizing Trump Supporters is Mean to Republicans" nonsense. If Republicans are all one snide comment away from going all MAGA, then they're not going to find middle ground against the Democrats.  Thankfully, NJ Governor Phil Murphy interrupted Meghan mid-whine, so there's that. 

• Love 20

Sweet tribute to Cicely Tyson.  I'm so happy Megaphone didn't say something like Ms. Tyson had such an affection for John McCain.

Ugh.  Anthony Anderson.  In the beginning I loved Blackish but the character of Drew eventually turned me off to it.   Now, the more I see of AA, the less I think he's acting.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Manchin is waffling on the Covid relief bill to protect his job.  He may end up torpedoing the whole thing  

Meg, shut up about unification and bipartisanship. It goes both ways. 

Joy and Meghan are right Manchin unfortunately has some power right now but by no means should Vice President Harris defer to him. Protocol my ass.  VP Harris didn't visit Manchin's state.  She simply gave an interview to a WV TV station.  By Meghan's definition of protocol every politician should have to check with NY senators Schumer and Gillibrand before doing any interviews on any morning show, cable news or NY Times.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 22

I’m not sure how I feel about Meghan advertising one restaurant that needs help when they all do.  I guess she’s just using her platform but it sort of seemed inappropriate.  Of course, I can’t stand the woman, so, maybe that’s why I didn’t think she should be asking for help for one specific restaurant.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

Thankfully, NJ Governor Phil Murphy interrupted Meghan mid-whine, so there's that. 

When was this? Not on today's show, because I was looking for it, as I read this before watching it!

That said, Her SOURPUSS TWATNESS is so FUCKING Disrespectful. It's "Vice President Harris" to you, you TWAT. You don't have history with her; she's not your friend. You don't get to call her "Kamala" like you did. OF course you agreed with Joy (Say, what now, Joy? Really???) because it aligns with your racist/misogynist views--which were revealed, so yeah, I'm saying it. Yes, please provide a list/the number of times previous vice presidents had to "ask permission" to go on television to give interviews.

It doesn't matter how "powerful" Mancin is, according to Joy. What he said was misogynistic, paternalistic, and a DICK MOVE. If Vice President had been a WHITE MAN, no way would he have whined about it, as @ifionlyknew stated above.

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I loved Whoopi calling back to how McCain would tie Democrats to AOC and the Squad daily the past two years. It looked like somebody was talking in Whoopi’s ear just as she started making that point trying to talk her out of saying it, but she continued anyway. And it’s true, if you don’t want your party painted with a broad brush now, maybe you shouldn’t have done the same to the opposing party yourself because now you have no leg to stand on.

I was expecting something more stronger. But at least it was said. And neither Whoopi or Joy let her complete her interrupting of whatever.

That was a lovely tribute to Cicely Tyson. Her SOURPUSS TWATNESS could have just demurred and kept her mouth shut. What the fuck does she know about trailblazers and breaking barriers? And while I loved what Whoopi and Sunny said, I still don't think Ana mentioning her passing was out of line--as it was news that Cicely Tyson had just passed the day before. It didn't take away from what Whoopi said today.

I can't believe that Anthony Anderson doesn't know the difference between South Pacific and South Asian. Does he expect me to believe that he didn't know that Vice President Harris' mother was Indian?

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I can't believe that Anthony Anderson doesn't know the difference between South Pacific and South Asian. Does he expect me to believe that he didn't know that Vice President Harris' mother was Indian?

I heard him say that and thought WTF? Is he that clueless or just didn't care enough to know?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I loved Whoopi calling back to how McCain would tie Democrats to AOC and the Squad daily the past two years. It looked like somebody was talking in Whoopi’s ear just as she started making that point trying to talk her out of saying it, but she continued anyway. And it’s true, if you don’t want your party painted with a broad brush now, maybe you shouldn’t have done the same to the opposing party yourself because now you have no leg to stand on.

And when she was going on about how she’s not like Marjorie Greene, my only reaction was…. Really? You’re not? The silence of the others said it all, lol. They probably remember the way McCain’s acted, the things she’s said, and what she’s defended since she joined this show as well as the viewers do, and they know she does fall in the same group.

AOC and the squad are not extremists at all, Nutmeg's party tried to paint these women of color as people to be feared .  Whereas Marjorie is an extremist...

28 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan doesn’t need a reason to be resentful. She thrives on righteous indignation. 

That also goes for her team, they are always upset 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year..

12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I can't believe that Anthony Anderson doesn't know the difference between South Pacific and South Asian. Does he expect me to believe that he didn't know that Vice President Harris' mother was Indian?

What did Anthony Anderson say that was offensive?  

• Love 10
13 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I’m not a fan of Van Jones for reasons that would be OT to discuss, so no thanks to watching him on Friday. 

I can't stand Van Jones either, he is persona non grata in the Black community and he is so clueless he does not even realize that.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I can't stand Van Jones either, he is persona non grata in the Black community and he is so clueless he does not even realize that.

He also tends to interrupt others in mid-sentence so that they can never finish their point and launch into long diatribes. Like MM.  

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yeah, that was cringeworthy. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

To each their own. I thought Whoopi was right on the mark with her description of them, personally.

Whoopie has believed  the lies that the right and Megan has said about those ladies..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6

DIgesting today...

Within minutes of starting 'Hot Topics', my local ABC station decided to cut in with a 'weather alert' to let us know we're getting a major snow storm (thanks, we all must've missed the past100 alerts on every TV station since Saturday night) and told us the preparations a neighboring state - not our state ! - is taking during the storm. Again, this is what they pre-empted the first ten minutes of the show with (why couldn't they save this for the Anthony Anderson interview, which I FF on my DVR anyway ?).  When they returned to the show, they did the Tyson memorial which kicked off Black History Month, as I called it this weekend.

I skipped the AA interview, since they never ever bring up HIS past (especially with the #MeToo movement, but that's getting off-topic so Google it) and then we came to Kamala Harris and the WV Senator, I have to agree with both McCain and Joy - they're right. It doesn't matter 'who's boss', it's a matter of mutual respect, which goes both ways. He should have at least gotten a heads up from Harris on what she was planning on doing. Courtesy goes a long way - and as Joy and MM said, the dems need him.

So then it was the moment I was waiting for all weekend - Oprah's View Your Deal ! I can buy more readers and fake glasses (because the ones from last week they pedaled are out of style, I guess) and I can buy exotic teas and form-fitting tees!!!

BTW, if Adam Glassman has any more Botox and chemical peels done to his face, he will be all set for the high school prom !

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Sorry Meghan, but until these moderates you say are there stand up and take the party back, I consider  all republicans as part of this mess. Voted for trump....then this is what you voted for and what you wanted.  Sorry.  It’s up to republicans, not democrats or the media.  

Meghan, it is YOUR team. You tell us every day that you're a republican.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

and then we came to Kamala Harris and the WV Senator, I have to agree with both McCain and Joy - they're right. It doesn't matter 'who's boss', it's a matter of mutual respect, which goes both ways. He should have at least gotten a heads up from Harris on what she was planning on doing. Courtesy goes a long way - and as Joy and MM said, the dems need him.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't ever recall a senator complaining about a vice president giving  an interview to a media outlet in their home state without telling them first.   This is a Joe Manchin problem not a Kamala Harris problem.  And frankly I'm disappointed in Joy for not seeing that.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't ever recall a senator complaining about a vice president giving  an interview to a media outlet in their home state without telling them first.   This is a Joe Manchin problem not a Kamala Harris problem.  And frankly I'm disappointed in Joy for not seeing that.

You're not wrong.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This was shocking! Even if it hadn't been stated hundreds of times after the election and especially during the inauguration, how does he think South Pacific is the same as South Asia?

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

She has to at least know people who don't exactly mind her.

Right.  She mentioned talking to her friends that were still Trump supporters, not Trump voters, but supporters.   Hard to understand a scenario where someone would think MTG is crazy but Trump is perfectly sane.   

I do agree with Whoopi's point.  Or at least what I think her point was.   MM said people trying to lump all repubs together makes moderate repubs retreat to their corner and leads to "tribalism".  Where when people tried to lump all dems with AOC, moderate libs did not retreat and had no problems talking about where they agreed or disagreed with her.    I don't think she was trying to say that AOC's positions were dangerous or crazy or anything like MTG's.   She was trying to point out that her comment on why moderate repubs aren't saying anything made absolutely no sense.   

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 12

Meghan is getting slammed on twitter for her comments on The View blaming media for MTG popularity and saying this is how they got Trump (she tweeted out her own comments by retweeting The View's tweet). And her clapbacks are getting clapped back!

MeidasTouch.com on Twitter: "Comments like these prove that @MeghanMcCain is fundamentally not any different than Marjorie Taylor Greene." / Twitter

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "Yes! The entire point is most of the media can’t and won’t differentiate between myself and Marjorie Taylor Green. Congratulations, you played yourself." / Twitter

And here is an article covering her comments:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/meghan-mccain-criticism-of-marjorie-taylor-greene-is-e2-80-98how-we-got-trump-e2-80-99/ar-BB1dic9m

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

When was this? Not on today's show, because I was looking for it, as I read this before watching it!

The interruption was local news.  It was kind of funny; Meghan stopped to take in a breath, and then the television was all "Breaking News With Gov. Murphy!!!"

3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I can't stand Van Jones either

Same here. 

Meghan plans to #notallRepublicans for all eternity, but maybe she should be saying that to Republicans so that they can differentiate themselves from the QAnons and MTGs.  She's nearly forty--old enough to know that "look what you made me do" doesn't work as a political platform.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

We have no idea what has transpired between state senators and VPs in the past when this has occurred. For all we know, there could have been very good communication between the VP and Senator, and this was not an issue.  Who knows ?

All we know for sure is that in this case, there was no communication between the two, and the Senator was upset. I don't blame him. Harris didn't need 'his permission' by any means, but a courtesy call to his office to let them know what was scheduled would've been respectful.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, bannana said:

Meghan is getting slammed on twitter for her comments on The View blaming media for MTG popularity and saying this is how they got Trump (she tweeted out her own comments by retweeting The View's tweet). And her clapbacks are getting clapped back!

MeidasTouch.com on Twitter: "Comments like these prove that @MeghanMcCain is fundamentally not any different than Marjorie Taylor Greene." / Twitter

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "Yes! The entire point is most of the media can’t and won’t differentiate between myself and Marjorie Taylor Green. Congratulations, you played yourself." / Twitter

And here is an article covering her comments:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/meghan-mccain-criticism-of-marjorie-taylor-greene-is-e2-80-98how-we-got-trump-e2-80-99/ar-BB1dic9m

This is the second article that has done a better job of calling her out for her lies/misinformation about Rep. Swalwell. Yet this show and the co-hosts, ESPECIALLY Sunny, remain silent. Shameful.

• Love 12

https://theslot.jezebel.com/meghan-mccain-is-very-upset-that-marjorie-taylor-greene-1846175756

From the article:

But what does Meghan McCain, opinion haver, think of her fellow Republican? On Monday, the ladies of the View discussed whether Greene is now the face of the Republican Party.

Sunny Hostin put it bluntly. “I don’t think she’s the extreme part of the Republican Party, I think she is the Republican Party right now.” Hostin continued, “The Republican Party is the Trump party, the Republican Party party is now the MAGA party, the Republican Party is the QAnon party, the birther party, the Confederate flag party, the Confederate statue party, the insurrection arty, the Big Lie party, the Stop the Steal party.”

Joy Behar agreed with Hostin, telling some incredibly bad jokes along the way. “The only Jew I know who has a laser is my dermatologist,” Behar quipped, inadvertently causing my soul to leave my body. Then Meghan McCain opened her mouth. McCain did share that she believed Greene should be removed from her committee assignments, but she was most upset about the fact that she and Greene are both Republicans. Greene, she moaned, is giving people like her a bad name. Naturally, McCain blamed the “mainstream media.”

“The more that the mainstream media continues to come out and say that all Republicans are birthers and crazy people and we believe in space lasers, then the more it makes traditional Republicans—and there’s still a lot of them in the country—go back into their corners,” McCain said. She added, “And this is becoming very tribal, and I would argue that this is how we got Trump in the first place, is that there’s just no nuance in it.”

Meghan, no one is saying that you personally believe, as Greene apparently does, in the antisemitic conspiracy theory that a space laser owned by the Rothschilds caused the Camp Fire of 2018! What people are saying is that a huge chunk of the Republican base is in fact made up of people whose thinking is very similar to Greene’s, and that by not condemning her or censuring her or giving her the boot, Republican leaders are all but endorsing her and her views.

But McCain did have what appeared to be a breakthrough, if a temporary one. “As all of you have rightly pointed out, if it’s just going to be the Trumpism, the Marjorie Taylors, if that’s where leadership takes us,” she said, “then we really are screwed, so all of you are right.”

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

We have no idea what has transpired between state senators and VPs in the past when this has occurred. For all we know, there could have been very good communication between the VP and Senator, and this was not an issue.  Who knows ?

All we know for sure is that in this case, there was no communication between the two, and the Senator was upset. I don't blame him. Harris didn't need 'his permission' by any means, but a courtesy call to his office to let them know what was scheduled would've been respectful.

I have a hard time believing VP Harris broke some unspoken rule. It is customary when a president or vice president visits a state the congressional delegation is invited but interviews with local media needs a heads up? Like I said earlier Manchin is my senator and he is not well liked by anyone in our state.  His reaction IMO is him trying to appeal to the voters who didn't vote for VP Harris. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Sunny and Joy are correct that the Dems need every Dam vote and thus every Dem has some power here.  However, he could have also done this quietly behind the scenes and contacted her and/or her office directly.  Instead he made a big deal out of it for no particular reason except camera time (or embarrass her), as far as I can tell.  It wasn't breaking news that there was an attempt being made for a bipartisan bill, so he added nothing to the conversation except flexing his power--which is essentially what Joy and Sunny said about him.  i wish they'd mentioned his other alternative.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

That was my interpretation as well.   When Meghan and people like her were insisting AOC and the squad was now the face of the Democratic party there were plenty of Democrats saying no we don't all have the same beliefs.  It is not the media's job to reach out to Meghan or any other Republican  and present them as "the real conservative Republican". Sunny is right.  Unless more Republicans step up and speak out against MTG then yes she does represent their party. 

She appears to believe that we all have to coddle them.  Coax them out of their corners. No, they need to speak up and define themselves.  Isn’t that what she claims her job on this show is?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Sunny and Joy are correct that the Dems need every Dam vote and thus every Dem has some power here.  However, he could have also done this quietly behind the scenes and contacted her and/or her office directly.  Instead he made a big deal out of it for no particular reason except camera time (or embarrass her), as far as I can tell.  It wasn't breaking news that there was an attempt being made for a bipartisan bill, so he added nothing to the conversation except flexing his power--which is essentially what Joy and Sunny said about him.  i wish they'd mentioned his other alternative.

Okay, so, from what I was able to glean from other news sources, the issue isn't that Harris did an interview with a WV television station without telling Manchin first.  The issue is that Manchin has been iffy on the stimulus package and the way this is usually dealt with is via a private phone call where the Pres/VP/whoever tries to gain the senator's support.  Harris doing the interview (where she lays out how the package would benefit the people of WV) without contacting Manchin first is being seen as an attempt to strong-arm him into supporting the relief package.  (Apparently she also did an interview with an Arizona station, where there's also a senator who isn't fully onboard with the package either).  So with that context, it makes more sense why he's angered by the entire situation.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Senator Manchin is my senator and he can STFU.  He never would have said a word if the vice president was a white man.

First thing I thought.  VP Harris is not a member of his he-man woman haters club!  

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Okay, so, from what I was able to glean from other news sources, the issue isn't that Harris did an interview with a WV television station without telling Manchin first.  The issue is that Manchin has been iffy on the stimulus package and the way this is usually dealt with is via a private phone call where the Pres/VP/whoever tries to gain the senator's support.  Harris doing the interview (where she lays out how the package would benefit the people of WV) without contacting Manchin first is being seen as an attempt to strong-arm him into supporting the relief package.  (Apparently she also did an interview with an Arizona station, where there's also a senator who isn't fully onboard with the package either).  So with that context, it makes more sense why he's angered by the entire situation.

Why does the Vice-President have to consult the senators before she does an interview with a particular state? Has that always been the case or is it a problem because Kamala is the one doing it? As Vice-President, she is the President of the Senate, just saying..

• Love 8