Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/1/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

On 2/4/2021 at 11:14 AM, 2JEWELL said:

Oh ok.  Hannity came out hard last night against MTG. That explains why she’s taking such a hard stand against the untouchable GOP

Did he mention #jewishspacelasers?

6 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

You don't remember the episode where she fake-cried about anti-Semitism because Joe Lieberman is a family friend? It was after she pretended that Ilhan Omar's comments about Israel, which the House condemned, were as bad as the racist rally in Charlottesville.

I found it weird that Joy was so (comparatively) nice to Meghan on this broadcast, and then of course Meghan repays it by marching out a rant containing a false equivalence between isolated instances of "the left" being antisemitic and Marjorie Taylor Greene and her ode to Mel Brooks' "Jews In Space" bit.

• Love 2

Van Jones said "We can't get a divorce because that would turn into a Syria or a Rwanda", demonstrating that he has no idea what the issues in those countries are.

8 hours ago, Axie said:

Joy obviously ignored Van Jones’ speech.  She didn’t even know he had stopped talking.

8 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

That was So Funny!  Joy is like "Oh, are you done"? and Van looked p*****

What Brandon Ash-Mohammed calls "white lady shade". Beautifully done.

15 hours ago, bannana said:

I had no idea what the "rose" thing she said was about.

I thought that it was a reference to The Bachelor, who gets the rose and gets to stay in the party.

Edited by statsgirl
getting the name right is important
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Deflection, thy name is Van "I'll take a picture with everybody" Jones. 

He really lost me when he talked about the fear of losing those 73 million, but has been equating doing so to being photo pals with Jared and Ivanka and Candace Owens. As if the only way to reach those millions is to help legitimize outright liars and criminals they believe in. Criticizing Trump at other times is all well and good, but he's not truly talking about a middleground. He's trying to sell the wrong kind of compromise as IF it were a middleground. 

54 minutes ago, Axie said:

The only thing that would have made that better would have been if Joy had been sitting there looking at paint sample swatches when they panned back to her.

Joy is the Queen of sending a message with a mere look. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Axie said:

The only thing that would have made that better would have been if Joy had been sitting there looking at paint sample swatches when they panned back to her.

Or Ana filing her fingernails like she did on CNN once, lol.

Seems to me MM had little to do with this whatever it is except financially. And odd CNN is not promoting it let alone airing it. On the weekends they have quite a few specials.

BTW - giant shoulder pads and puffy sleeves is not a good look.

• Love 13

Ana and Sunny really do deserve kudos for slicing and dicing Van. I just wish Ana could have snuck in a crack about that time on CNN when, following the second (?) State of the Union Address, Van said Trump sounded “presidential” and that seemed to be a signal that maybe he was turning a corner in his presidency. Which we all knew was never gonna happen.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, mtlchick said:

later on, she told him to "go take a nap."  Was it rude? Probably. 

That's exactly why I can't stand Joy sometimes. If she doesn't agree with a guest 100%, she can be a real nasty bitch.

Joy, as the host and/or co-host of a major political show, why can't you be civil to EVERYONE??  Why must you always be so damn rude? And why won't you let your guest finish a sentence without jumping/talking all over them?  For a 70+ yr old woman, you're acting like a spoiled teenager. Do me a favor and grow the fuck up!

I was sad to see the level of hostility directed toward Van Jones, especially by Joy, who has always been a favorite. Jones defended his associations with Trump & company by saying he reaches out halfway when the issue is criminal justice. I don't have the expertise to know how much good he's done, so maybe all the shade directed at him is fair. But he was a guest on the show, and he was there to promote his documentary that is described as an attempt to help unify a badly broken America.

Joy is liberal on just about every topic (as am I) and Sunny is pretty liberal (maybe not so much on reproductive rights?) Ana says she is conservative, but I'm not sure in what areas - maybe fiscal, which I can appreciate. And Meghan - I throw up my hands. Still, these four women have a working relationship, and supposedly can look beyond disagreements toward areas of agreement. So why couldn't Joy, Ana, and Sunny have registered their disagreements with Van Jones but gone on to have a substantive interview?

--Sue in her 60s (awaiting approval to post)

7 hours ago, MsTree said:

That's exactly why I can't stand Joy sometimes. If she doesn't agree with a guest 100%, she can be a real nasty bitch.

Joy, as the host and/or co-host of a major political show, why can't you be civil to EVERYONE??  Why must you always be so damn rude? And why won't you let your guest finish a sentence without jumping/talking all over them?  For a 70+ yr old woman, you're acting like a spoiled teenager. Do me a favor and grow the fuck up!

i think you've got her confused with Meghan - she's the one who is uncivil and pounces in on everyone's conversation.  Joy is just trying for humor.

• Love 21
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

If Joy is a nasty bitch, what about Megan who is rude and disrespectful to people both on the left and on the right..  She is the nastiest person who has ever been on the view..

• Love 18

Oh man, I hope Monday includes Lou Dobbs’ show being cancelled by Fox. Let’s see if MeAgain gets back on her Cancel Culture soapbox and I hope SOMEONE pushes her off it by reminding her that FOX NEWS actually CANCELLED A SHOW.

• Love 8
On 2/5/2021 at 11:35 AM, TheGreenKnight said:

Oh my God, I love Sunny. She just went there with Van Jones. "The Black community do not trust you anymore." Then throws it to him to respond, lmao.

Let's face the truth: Sunny pulled a Trump on Jones. The former federal prosecutor who lives and breathes by facts and proof -  and took on Trump daily for never backing up his claims with any facts or proof  - offered up nothing on her claim that the black community doesn't trust him anymore. Jones saw right through this and answered appropriately, not apologizing and not showing any remorse. Good for him.

Now I'm not saying Hostin was lying - what I am saying is she should have said, 'According to a recent poll by AP...' or something along the lines to make her broad statement have some credibility. First thing I asked myself was "Where is she getting this information?" and I wished Jones asked that in his response.  Just like diligent reporters asked of Trump (including Hostin).

As for Ana, she tripped over the mighty sword she thought she had to take him down. She tried to 'get him' with her questioning about photos he had taken in the White House the past few years and the 'kind words' he said about Trump, and he answered rather honestly : Laws governing black people come first for him, not the politics of who's sitting in the White House. Kudos to him.

Yesterday, Joy kicked off the show by announcing it was 'wear red day to support women's heart health' and...

Joy had red earrings on

Sunny had red lipstick

Sara had a top on with splashes of red in the design

MeAgain wore a red top

Ana had no red on at all. She didn't get the memo, or she doesn't support women's heart health ?

On 2/5/2021 at 12:10 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

But I loved Ana pushing back with Van Jones. I wish that all four faces were on the screen when Ana said how she was accused of being a "RINO" and other things, because Twatty accused her of that on this very show.

Ana was definitely calling out MeAgain, she said several things that MeAgain has said about her, including that she was questioned about her principles.

MeAgain looked so pissed at the end of the ep. Too bad they weren't in studio, there would have been a brawl backstage.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9231611/The-View-hosts-slammed-criticizing-Van-Jones-taking-selfies-Candace-Owens.html

There's a number of articles that say the View hosts were mean to Van Jones. Plus MeAgain tweeted in support of VJ, which led to a lot of commentary.

I thought that Sunny's points were fine, but I am not sure why Ana needed to do a follow up. He just basically repeated everything he said to Sunny. I did enjoy it though because MeAgain was so pissed I thought her head might explode.

I don't understand why VJ would defend his photo with Candace Owens. She is a horrible person and it would not hurt him at all to say: yes, I regret that.

He is a player.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, cinsaysit said:

i think you've got her confused with Meghan - she's the one who is uncivil and pounces in on everyone's conversation.  Joy is just trying for humor.

Agree. 

8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

If Joy is a nasty bitch, what about Megan who is rude and disrespectful to people both on the left and on the right..  She is the nastiest person who has ever been on the view..

Agree with this as well. Joy is an opinionated and passionate woman, but she is not a nasty bitch. She often gets worked up because she cares so much for others, and honestly, she's shown a ton of patience with the true nasty bitch of the show.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Ana was definitely calling out MeAgain, she said several things that MeAgain has said about her, including that she was questioned about her principles.

MeAgain looked so pissed at the end of the ep. Too bad they weren't in studio, there would have been a brawl backstage.

IMAG0814_1.jpg

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, cinsaysit said:

16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Problem here is that Meghan is NOT the moderator. The moderator should treat all guests with respect, whether she agrees with their guest's POV or not. Instead, Joy just cuts people off and/or talks over them. And if she's really hating what the guest says, she'll throw in a snide remark for good measure.

Here's the thing...the show is called the VIEW. Supposedly, they invite guests on the show to express THEIR views...and sometimes that guest has an opposing view. And while the co-hosts may not agree with the opposing view, they really need to respect that View.  And when Joy is the moderator, she needs to learn to turn it down a notch.

7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Joy is an opinionated and passionate woman, but she is not a nasty bitch. She often gets worked up because she cares so much for others, and honestly, she's shown a ton of patience with the true nasty bitch of the show.

I also see Meghan as VERY opinionated and passionate, but somehow Joy gets a pass for her snide comments to guests?? I personally don't care how the co-hosts treat one another...that's between them personally. I just feel that as a moderator, Joy needs to remain civil without going off the deep end and/or cutting people off mid-sentence. Even as passionate as Whoopi is sometimes, I've never heard her cut people off the way Joy does.

5 hours ago, MsTree said:

I personally don't care how the co-hosts treat one another...that's between them personally

To each their own of course but this is exactly why I find I watch The View very rarely right now.  I cannot tolerate the constant interuptions and rudeness from McCain directed towards her fellow hosts.  She doesn't have to agree with them, hell she's being paid to disagree with them, but she can do it courteously.  At least once in awhile.  But that seems to be asking too much from her and that means I either watch the show constantly muting her contributions or I don't watch at all.  Her maternity leave gave me back "my" show.  And now it's gone again.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, bannana said:

I thought that Sunny's points were fine, but I am not sure why Ana needed to do a follow up. He just basically repeated everything he said to Sunny. I did enjoy it though because MeAgain was so pissed I thought her head might explode.

I personally thought Ana's contribution was important, because she pointed out how Trump (or was it Trump, Jr. she said?) had come on CNN and demanded that both she and Van Jones be fired--and how suddenly after that Van Jones' commentary mutated. It was a good way to show exactly how and why he sold out.

More than that, it helped to make the criticism of him the centerpiece of the whole interview since it was a part of both segments. And I know that had to piss off McCain, too. So it was a win all-around, imo. As for Joy, she had to end the interview abruptly because nobody (most of all Van Jones) would stop talking and the show had to go to commercial. It all made me laugh because it pretty much put the kibosh on the self-aggrandizing and hollow sell both Jones and McCain were going for here. They are easily the worst messengers for the unity plea you could ever find.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

They are easily the worst messengers for the unity plea you could ever find.

I agree with your entire post, but this sentence is the cherry on top. The thing about Meghan is that she wants to filet every guest who is not a GOPer. Remember when the guy from Georgia was on celebrating his win, Meghan was hungry for filets that day---now she is pissed that Joy, Ana and Sunny pointed out that Jones's idea of unity is riding the fucking fence to try to molify everyone. That is not unity.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I agree with your entire post, but this sentence is the cherry on top. The thing about Meghan is that she wants to filet every guest who is not a GOPer. Remember when the guy from Georgia was on celebrating his win, Meghan was hungry for filets that day---now she is pissed that Joy, Ana and Sunny pointed out that Jones's idea of unity is riding the fucking fence to try to molify everyone. That is not unity.

Meghan's idea of unity is her side continues to keep doing what they have been doing with no pushback from the other side.

• Love 17
11 hours ago, MsTree said:

I also see Meghan as VERY opinionated and passionate, but somehow Joy gets a pass for her snide comments to guests?? I personally don't care how the co-hosts treat one another...that's between them personally. I just feel that as a moderator, Joy needs to remain civil without going off the deep end and/or cutting people off mid-sentence. Even as passionate as Whoopi is sometimes, I've never heard her cut people off the way Joy does.

I find Meghan to be much more abrasive and find Joy a generally very likable woman, but that's just my opinion. To each his own. 🙂 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I personally thought Ana's contribution was important, because she pointed out how Trump (or was it Trump, Jr. she said?) had come on CNN and demanded that both she and Van Jones be fired--and how suddenly after that Van Jones' commentary mutated. It was a good way to show exactly how and why he sold out.

Oh yes, I forgot about that, that was great. It would be interesting to know what happened behind the scenes.

4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It all made me laugh because it pretty much put the kibosh on the self-aggrandizing and hollow sell both Jones and McCain were going for here. They are easily the worst messengers for the unity plea you could ever find.

I found it gave him a chance to tout his own accomplishments in a ragey sort of way. But it did please me to see MeAGain fuming. Re the unity thing, the fallout from this was that MeAgain and Van wanted to talk about unity and then Van was bashed for trying to work with the other side. I don't believe this at all, but that is what's being said on social media.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3