Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17: Spoilers and Speculation

dom16
  • Start Topic

Should we get a Season 17 thread? Filming location has been revealed - in Canada! They're slowly easing their way into international bubbles by the looks of it.

The mystery surrounding a 65-day booking at an iconic hotel in Jasper, Alta., has been solved — and the Rocky Mountain resort will need to stock up on some lush, long-stemmed roses.

The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge will serve as a romantic backdrop for the upcoming season of The Bachelorette, a source familiar with the production, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed with CBC News.

The cast and crew of the American reality series, which is entering its 17th season, will be on location at the resort between Feb. 23 and April 29.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/bachelorette-japser-park-lodge-1.5890288

• Useful 2

They must already know the one or two women they want for season 17.  I have no inkling who it would be amongst these women.  Perhaps they are going with a retread?  A few former Bachelors seem to be upping their media presence, so who knows?

1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m not ruling out Becca K at this point. 

I really hope not. She was dull the first time around, and if I never hear "let's do the damn thing!" again, it will be too soon.

1 hour ago, nickp1991 said:

So does this mean the Bachelorette could be a Canadian?

Serena P. is Canadian. But she's only 22, so that would be a hard sell for me.

• Love 4

Jillian and Kaitlyn are Canadian and they were the Bachelorette, and Jesse Palmer was a Canadian Bachelor.  

3 hours ago, nickp1991 said:

So does this mean the Bachelorette could be a Canadian?

And re non Canucks, Kelly was was recently dating Peter is hinting about the gig

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 2

I have the sinking feeling that we'll end up with an unpopular Bachelorette. There hasn't been anyone from the three most recent Bachelor seasons (including the current one) who I think would make a good Bachelorette, and I don't want to see a retread of any of the former Bachelorettes who are currently single (except maybe Ashley Hebert, but I doubt she'd do it so soon after her separation from JP).

• Love 3

Maybe JP could be The Bachelor too! I don’t think either one would but I wouldn’t put it past Fleiss to ask. I honestly can’t think of anyone I’d want as the Bachelorette but the season is still early. Maybe Abi, so they can tout her as the first hearing impaired bachelorette. 

I think it's going to be Abigail. She hasn't gotten a lot of airtime recently but from this preview it looks like they're ramping up her edit:

https://www.etonline.com/the-bachelor-sneak-peek-abigail-makes-a-heartbreaking-reveal-to-matt-james-exclusive-159726

She's got the most followers of all the girls from Matt's season so she would be a popular choice. And ABC would love the positive press they'd get for having the first hearing impaired Bachelorette.

• Love 1

Season 17 of The Bachelorette will be a better season and I will watch since Hannah Brown's season in 2019. I think the lead will be Katie from this season of The Bachelor. She is 29 and a Tiktoker with 250K followers.

As for Becca K that I don't think she could get the lead once more.

• Love 1

Though Katie is coming across as a sympathetic character and is reasonably attractive, I don’t think the guys would go crazy over her, but since finding a partner is secondary to this show now, I’m sure guys would sign up just for the exposure.  I can see her handling the show well and I like that she looks like a regular person. Hopefully her dildo won’t be a running theme if she’s selected. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Hopefully her dildo won’t be a running theme if she’s selected. 

If she is the next Bachelorette, I bet at least three of the men will bring her a sex toy as their out-of-the-limo gift. With a comment like "this is for you until I'm the last man standing, and then you won't need it anymore."

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

At least we don't have to worry about Carly being the Bachelorette.

From PEOPLE:

"Lots of people are asking me if I would do another Bachelor show," said Waddell, 35, who was originally a contestant on Chris Soules' season of The Bachelor, and appeared on two seasons of BiP, where she met Bass. 

"When I think about that I just start laughing," the mom of two added. "I can't even imagine walking up to Chris Harrison and being like, here I am again. I'd be so embarrassed." 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

From PEOPLE:

"Lots of people are asking me if I would do another Bachelor show," said Waddell, 35, who was originally a contestant on Chris Soules' season of The Bachelor, and appeared on two seasons of BiP, where she met Bass. 

"When I think about that I just start laughing," the mom of two added. "I can't even imagine walking up to Chris Harrison and being like, here I am again. I'd be so embarrassed." 

Now you’re embarrassed? Asking for a friend

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, LakeGal said:

From PEOPLE:

Asking her?    If so, not in the way she is implying.  More like, “you aren’t going to do it, right?   Please no!”   

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, LakeGal said:

From PEOPLE:

I don't watch The Bachelorette if Carly is on the lead. Time to pass.

• Love 1

My parents' cat, Baby, is going to pick the next Bachelorette. He likes to watch  TV and tap on things he sees. So, the first woman he taps with his paw will be the next Bachelorette.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

In my opinion, Carly is trying to "start" talk about herself to get producers' attention.  She would jump at the chance in a heartbeat (IMO).  I think many former participants are trying to ramp up the "talk" about themselves.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

My parents' cat, Baby, is going to pick the next Bachelorette. He likes to watch  TV and tap on things he sees. So, the first woman he taps with his paw will be the next Bachelorette.

That is a much better selection process than whatever it is the show does. Come on Baby, pick us a good one!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 1/31/2021 at 4:30 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Though Katie is coming across as a sympathetic character and is reasonably attractive, I don’t think the guys would go crazy over her, but since finding a partner is secondary to this show now, I’m sure guys would sign up just for the exposure.  I can see her handling the show well and I like that she looks like a regular person. Hopefully her dildo won’t be a running theme if she’s selected. 

Maybe she'd be another Jillian - not the most glamorous, but a ton of fun and someone who the guys enjoyed being around, whether romantically or as friends.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

That is a much better selection process than whatever it is the show does. Come on Baby, pick us a good one!

Well, my sister turned on The Bachelor and watched it for a while, but Baby never came into the room to watch TV. So that shows 1) he's a cat with good taste and 2) none of these women are going to be the next Bachelorette.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Well, my sister turned on The Bachelor and watched it for a while, but Baby never came into the room to watch TV. So that shows 1) he's a cat with good taste and 2) none of these women are going to be the next Bachelorette.

Baby is a wise kitty. Probably a lot smarter than the rest of us. LOL 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Baby is a wise kitty. Probably a lot smarter than the rest of us. LOL 

Animated GIF
your cat trying to pick out a bachelorette from this crop of contestants ‘Nope. Nope. Nope. Hell no.’

• LOL 10

The resort they are at now is beautiful, but I am surprised they missed the opportunity to film where Dirty Dancing was filmed.  They could have have all sorts of DD themed dates like watermelon carrying and trying on wigs.   And when she was harassed, Matt could have stated “no one puts Brittany in a corner” and they could have had a big dance party afterwards.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Where is that resort/hotel from the Shining? They could do a horror themed season. They've had plenty of contestants over the years who qualify as pretty forking scary. 

Haha! It’s in Estes Park, Colorado. The Stanley Hotel. 

• Love 1

I'm...torn. i really like her, so I want her to run from this franchise. She has a great edit, and I think she'd do great at whatever post-Bachelor opportunities that could come her way. 

Rarely do well-liked leads seem to emerge unscathed from being the lead. But I think she's going to handle the show well and may not be easily bossed around.

Bonus points if we get to see Victoria's reaction, lol.

• Love 4

Interesting.   The won who told on the trouble makers was rewarded this time.   Wonder how that will impact upcoming seasons....

I am pretty torn on her.   Sometimes she is the voice of reason and sometimes it seems like she starts fires and then watches them burn.   One thing I do know, ABC had better not have a dildo theme, LOL.   

• Love 3

Very disappointed 

I would have loved to have Clare back or anyone else that we could have repeated 

I feel sorry for the other girls, they never stood a chance to audition 

Katie is very average.

Nothing wrong with that but I would have loved the men fighting over a beauty like Emily again 

• Love 3

It seems too early to even pick a bachelorette. I don’t feel like I know anything about her beyond the dildo. Yes, I think she’ll be like Jillian but Jillian had a great personality and after she did her season she got plastic surgery because people were calling her hot dog nose so it affects her a lot. I liked her old nose better. I wish Ed never would have come back.
She is also similar to Ashley because a lot of guys were disappointed it was her. 
I think she had a tendency to get friend zoned a lot but I can see her being a decent bachelorette out of the current cast members. 

• Love 3

Besides DildoGate, I never saw enough personality from Katie to warrant her becoming the Bachelorette.  Plus, while I think she's somewhat attractive, I just don't see guys falling over her.  She's definitely no knockout.   I didn't think Becca was either.

Just like the Bachelor, I think the show has run out of leads with any kind of "sizzle."  

Edited by Crashcourse
was, not wasn't
  • Love 5

I think she might work.  She is attractive and clearly has a sense of humor.  Also, if you think about how the best thing about Tayshia’s season was when they had actually conversations the fact that she is capable,of having them is a plus.  She also showed how to shut down Victoria without being rude.  None of the others have shown that capacity.

• Love 10

I guess Katie is the best choice out of the current Bachelor season's contestant pool, and I'm glad that TPTB didn't pick a 24-year-old Bachelorette, but I just don't see anything special about her, and I agree she might end up like Ashley H. where the men are disappointed that she's the Bachelorette. I absolutely hated TPTB playing into Ashley's insecurities with the "roast" date and the Bentley situation, and have no interest in watching anything like that ever again.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 3

I like that Katie will be 30.  She seems to have a personality.  She will get the big wardrobe and stylists.  Katie could be a great Bachelorette.  We just have to hope that she has a good picker.  I want mature handsome men.  OK I am thinking more of myself than Katie.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Personally I think if they choose Katie they are missing out on the possibility of someone better.  She is okay, but really kind of bland, imo.  I don't see anything that strikes me as--she should be the next bachelorette. 

Edited by alexa
  • Love 5