Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17: Spoilers and Speculation

dom16
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, MissPriss said:

First DWTS boots Tom, and now no Chris! Stop fixing what ain’t broken. 

I don't see these as similar.  Tom was the ultimate professional at the top of his game.  Chris stepped in it majorly.  As I posted in The Bachelor thread, I think they were waiting to see how his interview with Michael Strahan was received. 

Part of me wanted to see what it would have been like to have two Bachelorettes going through the process at the same time.  It might be nice to see them support one another but I guess it could be tricky if they both liked the same guys.

What I really want to know is who is going to host Michelle's season. 

• Love 14

Good luck to both Katie & Michelle--I hope it works out for both of them.

They should binge watch the  last season of the Bachelorette New Zealand to see how to be a great lead.  Not only does Lexie's season have great New Zealand locations, it has a happy ending with not a unrealistic proposal but just a promise to date in the real world and 5 months later, they are still happily together.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 3/13/2021 at 8:43 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I'm assuming they'll probably wait and see how Kaitlyn & Tayshia do/are received.

They might also enter into a rotation since everyone needs to quarantine. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

We have not one, but two Bachelorette seasons in one calendar year. This 17th season to air in the summer and the subsequent 18th season later in the fall.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMdrsXbKChA/

Depending when in the fall it airs, we might have three seasons in 12 months.  Or four, depending how you count Clare/Tayshia.  And it sounds like they are going to try a BiP in there too.

• Love 1

I really hope Kaitlyn's gotten used to her veneers.  The constant teeth-sucking she was doing on DWTS was so distracting.  

But since I don't care for either her on Tayshia, I'll just do my usual TV muting when they're on screen.  

I'm only there for the eye candy!

• Love 5
On 5/20/2021 at 9:31 AM, Crashcourse said:

What happened to the hot Asian guy Bao?  He was the only reason I was going to watch the first episode, to see him step out of the limo.

23 hours ago, deSchenke said:

The last two seasons, they had a handful of contestants arrive a couple of episodes into the season - to add drama, of course. Hopefully, Bao will be in that group.

There's also a slot for a "surprise" contestant on the cast page, so maybe that's him.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Blake again? Is he some sort of fan favorite? He’s just so creepy and grosses me out. 

It's not Stagecoach Blake, is it? Sounds like it's horny Blake who simulated the loudest orgasm over the hotel intercom last season. He wasn't my favorite, but I can see how he would be a good match for Katie - they're both very sex-positive.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

It's not Stagecoach Blake, is it? Sounds like it's horny Blake who simulated the loudest orgasm over the hotel intercom last season. He wasn't my favorite, but I can see how he would be a good match for Katie - they're both very sex-positive.

Yep! That one. Lol

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Sounds like it's horny Blake who simulated the loudest orgasm

Yes.  It's Canadian Blake. 

2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm hoping he's the next Bachelor.

He's good looking but we don't know why he was dropped.  Maybe they found some racist, sexist or homophobic things deep in his internet profile.  (i. e. they dove deep after the Rachael disaster.)

Maybe they decided to hold Bao for Michelle. 

I do not anticipate that they'll make him directly The Bachelor after what happened with Matt last season. They're going to want to make sure the lead can at least appear invested and is camera ready. 

I wouldn't be shocked if they are trying to find an Asian lead for The Bachelor. I believe John from Katie's season is also Asian. 

On Bachelor In Paradise,

Spoiler

Dr. Joe from Tayshia and Clare's season is allegedly part of the cast. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3

On Katie’s promos, she looks like they are trying to make her at least 10 years older.  Not that she looks old, but her hairstyle doesn’t match her age.  I just think she doesn’t really look like a Bachelorette and they were trying too hard, lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Ugh, Reality Steve released Katie's top 4 and I already forget the names except one of them is Blake Moynes from Tayshia/Clare's season. Did not know he would be on this season, much less stay that long. I'm a mean person but I find him gross. 

In addition to his looks, I also did not like how he acted like taking the time to research Clare a little bit meant he was entitled to her affection. Maybe he just expressed himself badly at the time but it was off putting. 

• Love 6

After reading about this and hearing that Harrison won’t be on Paradise, to be replaced by rotating hosts, including Davis Spade, I think this franchise has finally jumped the shark.  It is a real shame.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/7/2021 at 7:19 PM, b2H said:

After reading about this and hearing that Harrison won’t be on Paradise, to be replaced by rotating hosts, including Davis Spade, I think this franchise has finally jumped the shark.  It is a real shame.

Yeah, I bypassed last night and have finally decided my days of watching any of the iterations, even just casually, are over.  

And once Reality Steve switched over to mostly podcasts and fewer written columns, I decided to break up with him too.  

It was a hell of a ride since Season 1, but I think bowing out now is for the right reasons.  *LOL*

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 5/22/2021 at 11:25 AM, Kiss my mutt said:

Blake again? Is he some sort of fan favorite? He’s just so creepy and grosses me out. 

So, Blake who came on last season because he was SO IN LOVE with Claire, then when CLaire was gone, he was sure that he really was meant to be with Taiysha, now sees Katie on TV and says NO, the one I REALLY want is Katie!  

Maybe he REALLY truly, just wants to be famous and on the cover of PEOPLE magazine? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 3/12/2021 at 10:59 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I think they’ll make a good team though I’m not looking forward to looking at what kaitlyn did to her face. 

OMG I was shocked last nite. she looks like a different species. Horrifying.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'll definitely miss posting, but I'm sure there will be other shows I can snark on in the future!

And I think Chris Harrison actually just got out in time!  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 6
On 6/8/2021 at 4:51 PM, tinkerbell said:

So, Blake who came on last season because he was SO IN LOVE with Claire, then when CLaire was gone, he was sure that he really was meant to be with Taiysha, now sees Katie on TV and says NO, the one I REALLY want is Katie!  

Maybe he REALLY truly, just wants to be famous and on the cover of PEOPLE magazine? 

the new nick viall--will keep going on until he gets the main gig

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

I don't remember any of those guys except I think Andrew S is the football player from Vienna. 

That's right, and Greg is the guy who got the first impression rose and first 1:1 date, and Blake is the contestant from Clare's/Tayshia's season who apparently joins Katie's season at some point. I'm drawing a blank on Justin.

• Love 2

I just saw Nick V on Daily Pop.  They had him on to promote tonight's show where he talks to Katie and the guys.  He said he told Katie to really listen to what the guys say.  He said Katie seemed to be falling for Thomas' face.  She needed to listen exactly to what he says.  They also showed photos of Nick with his girlfriend and dog.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, funnygirl said:
On 6/20/2021 at 7:24 PM, LBS said:

So widowed single-dad Michael A. for Bachelor, then? 

100%  love that!  But I want him protected at all times from the shenanigans of Bachelor Nation.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, funnygirl said:

So widowed single-dad Michael A. for Bachelor, then? 

I think that's too much...if he's as kind and sincere as he appears.  He needs to go back home and conntinue life as normal as possible. What 5-year-old mothrless kid should hear about his father's antics on a show like "The Bachelor."  And he WOULD hear about it.

• Love 6

Reddit has been saying he was F1 for about a week.

I've heard a few interviews with him on various podcasts.  He seems pretty normal compared to how he was edited.  I remember when Tayshia let him go, she was more upset with letting both him and Riley go than she was with letting any of her Final 4 go who weren't the Final Choice which made me suspect there was more there that we didn't see. I just don't think she was overly attracted to him so it felt awkward. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Reddit has been saying he was F1 for about a week.

I've heard a few interviews with him on various podcasts.  He seems pretty normal compared to how he was edited.  I remember when Tayshia let him go, she was more upset with letting both him and Riley go than she was with letting any of her Final 4 go who weren't the Final Choice which made me suspect there was more there that we didn't see. I just don't think she was overly attracted to him so it felt awkward. 

Yes, I'm sure there's tons of footage left on the cutting room floor.  The problem is that once a  contestant decides to adopt a cringey gimmick or persona, we can't unsee or hear it.  Personally, at some point, Blake made me queasy whenever he appeared on camera.  

• Love 7