Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17: Spoilers and Speculation

dom16
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Katie said in an interview recently that she did something that had never been done before.  It has also been reported that the season ended early.  Maybe the skipped the Fantasy Suites week since she was running out of guys?

Tayshia said the season finale will be on August 9th, so there are only two episodes to go. Normally there would three: hometowns, fantasy suites, finale & ATFR. Since Katie only has three men left (and it looks like Greg may be self-eliminating) they're probably going straight to the finale after hometowns.

Katie's original plan with the final four was probably to have Justin as an easy elimination after hometowns, enjoy the fantasy suite with Blake and let him go after that, have a dignified breakup with Michael that *she* initiates before the final rose ceremony, then end up with Greg. Michael's exit unraveled that plan, which is why she was so cold towards him at the MTA.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

When Blake joined the season, there was a lot of speculation on this forum and elsewhere that he and Katie knew each other already.  I  wonder -  was he asked to join the season to play a certain role?  like , a safety net.  If Katie wasn't "in love"  and ready to be engaged to any of the guys - she could choose BLake, and they could (in the words of Jimmy Kimmel)  be contractually obligated to pretend to be engaged for the next 6 months.  That way, Katie doesn't have to be humiliated if nobody that she likes proposes, she could choose him.   It just doesn't make sense that he falls for three bachelorettes in a row, nor does it make sense that he seems to have special privileges - like showing up at her room, having more time with her.  

I think Katie was disappointed that guys she would choose bailed on her, and Blake was the last man standing.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
(edited)

I've watched this show every single season since Trista's (even saw the last episode of the very first season when Trista was eliminated).  I've never wanted to be spoiled, until now.

This Greg business got me searching.  And searching.

And yes, he's an aspiring actor, and no, he cares not one bit about Katie.

In one (now deleted) post, Greg had a picture of his head in his hands, with the caption about "trying to act like I'm upset that someone else (i.e. Thomas) is here for the wrong reasons, when I really could care less".

So, knowing he's truly trying to be an actor, watching the previews for next week makes me realize:  It's all an act.  He's a bad soap opera actor.  

Watch the way he "acts" next week.  He's acting, guys.  He self-eliminates, on the premise that he's so "in love" that he can't stand to see her with any other guy.  

He ends up starting this huge fight, that goes well into the night, and then he leaves.  It's the perfect "reason" for him to leave, but by also saving face:  My love was too strong for Katie, and I couldn't bear to see her with another guy.  Ugh!!  

His ex-girlfriend's friend posted on Reddit that he was an absolute a-hole to her about a short dress she wore once.  It was an enormous fight, they broke up, and she had to Uber home at 1:00 am alone.  He "acts" like he's so in love, then he picks a huge fight, because he's going to be so "jealous" (of guys seeing his girlfriend in a short dress, or guys with Katie....pick a reason for him to be jealous), and then....his "poor widdle heart" can't take it, so he picks a fight, and leaves.

Greg is the worst kind of guy:  the wolf in sheep's clothing.

So, watch next week with a new lens:  Watch it as though he's an actor in a daytime, and you'll see right through him, as I have.

Greg never wanted to be chosen.  He wanted to make it as far as Fantasy Suites, then leave because of his "broken heart", and then.....bring all the footage to other producers to get parts.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

He self-eliminates, on the premise that he's so "in love" that he can't stand to see her with any other guy.  

I largely agree with your post but it sounds like she sends him packing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I largely agree with your post but it sounds like she sends him packing.

According to Reality Steve, it’s the worst fight in Bachelorette history. 

Greg initiates the fight, because he doesn’t really want to marry her. He just wants to have enough footage to show producers he can act.  

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Greg initiates the fight, because he doesn’t really want to marry her. He just wants to have enough footage to show producers he can act.  

Oh I agree. If he wanted her to leave to be with him, he'd be proposing.  But it sounds like it's the worst because she can't let go either.  So I'm not sure who is going to look worse by editing even though I think she's in the right.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3
On 7/28/2021 at 8:55 AM, Starlight925 said:

I've watched this show every single season since Trista's (even saw the last episode of the very first season when Trista was eliminated).  I've never wanted to be spoiled, until now.

This Greg business got me searching.  And searching.

And yes, he's an aspiring actor, and no, he cares not one bit about Katie.

In one (now deleted) post, Greg had a picture of his head in his hands, with the caption about "trying to act like I'm upset that someone else (i.e. Thomas) is here for the wrong reasons, when I really could care less".

So, knowing he's truly trying to be an actor, watching the previews for next week makes me realize:  It's all an act.  He's a bad soap opera actor.  

Watch the way he "acts" next week.  He's acting, guys.  He self-eliminates, on the premise that he's so "in love" that he can't stand to see her with any other guy.  

He ends up starting this huge fight, that goes well into the night, and then he leaves.  It's the perfect "reason" for him to leave, but by also saving face:  My love was too strong for Katie, and I couldn't bear to see her with another guy.  Ugh!!  

His ex-girlfriend's friend posted on Reddit that he was an absolute a-hole to her about a short dress she wore once.  It was an enormous fight, they broke up, and she had to Uber home at 1:00 am alone.  He "acts" like he's so in love, then he picks a huge fight, because he's going to be so "jealous" (of guys seeing his girlfriend in a short dress, or guys with Katie....pick a reason for him to be jealous), and then....his "poor widdle heart" can't take it, so he picks a fight, and leaves.

Greg is the worst kind of guy:  the wolf in sheep's clothing.

So, watch next week with a new lens:  Watch it as though he's an actor in a daytime, and you'll see right through him, as I have.

Greg never wanted to be chosen.  He wanted to make it as far as Fantasy Suites, then leave because of his "broken heart", and then.....bring all the footage to other producers to get parts.

My daughter is friends with a friend of Greg’s ex, who still has a close friendship with him. This is apparently a different ex than the one you’re talking about. Now, don’t go running to Reality Steve because now this is like 4th-hand hearsay, lol, but his ex was telling her friends that she was convinced that he had won because he was head over heels in love with Katie, or if he didn’t win, then he really fell hard for her and was still in love with her. So weeks back my daughter asked me if the spoilers had him winning, and I told her that the spoilers had Blake. So, now it seems like something happened that he really screwed up and regretted whatever happened because he really loved her. Now, this was back at the very start of the season, so maybe he’s “over” her now, but if his ex thought he was really in love with her, she would know. The tweet you’re referring to I thought was something Katie liked and then unliked or something—not something he posted?? I remember when that hit the reality TV blogs. 

• Love 5
On 7/28/2021 at 8:55 AM, Starlight925 said:

Wasn't that a meme created by the fandom that Katie liked? I remember there being another one of him that included some caption of trying to not look guilty when they're calling out wrong reasons guys or guys wanting to be the Bachelor. Something to that effect. 

I only remember this because it was the first time I became aware there was some rumor/tea/gossip regarding  Greg in the fandom. Because apparently Katie liked one or both of these memes and someone made a thread about it on Reddit. I even made a post above asking for details after seeing the thread. 

19 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Oh I agree. If he wanted her to leave to be with him, he'd be proposing.  But it sounds like it's the worst because she can't let go either. 

Huh, interesting. Sounds awful lot like Peter and Rachel's saga on her season. Curious to see if Greg is treated the same and Katie judged as harshly as Rachel was. Something tells me not since judging by comments here and other places, seems the consensus from jump is Greg was wrong reasons. 

• Love 2
On 7/28/2021 at 11:49 PM, Starlight925 said:

According to Reality Steve, it’s the worst fight in Bachelorette history. 

I must admit, I’m ridiculously excited to watch this!  🙂

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Wow! This preview for tonight makes it look like Blake also leaves her at proposal point: “I can’t give you what you came here for.”

https://apple.news/AtHEEj2GHSFem_czhAEBl4g 

Talk about a Bachelor superlative: Most Rejected Lead in Bachelor History.

Wow, that edit is *really* unflattering to Katie. I wonder what happened behind the scenes for them to first tout her as the anti-bullying, "sex-positive" girl next door, then to turn on her like that.

• Love 5
On 7/27/2021 at 11:33 AM, tinkerbell said:

When Blake joined the season, there was a lot of speculation on this forum and elsewhere that he and Katie knew each other already.  I  wonder -  was he asked to join the season to play a certain role?  like , a safety net.  If Katie wasn't "in love"  and ready to be engaged to any of the guys - she could choose BLake, and they could (in the words of Jimmy Kimmel)  be contractually obligated to pretend to be engaged for the next 6 months.  That way, Katie doesn't have to be humiliated if nobody that she likes proposes, she could choose him.   It just doesn't make sense that he falls for three bachelorettes in a row, nor does it make sense that he seems to have special privileges - like showing up at her room, having more time with her.  

Two weeks later and this is STILL EXCELLENT!  Wish I could have given more than a Like:❤️.

• Love 5
On 8/9/2021 at 4:47 PM, Back Atcha said:

Two weeks later and this is STILL EXCELLENT!  Wish I could have given more than a Like:❤️.

Thank you. I suspect this is what happened,  actually. 

I think Blake agreed to play the part. If none of the guys were final rose material,  he would do it, they could have sex (both being "sex positive ") be a couple, go on talk shows, and eventually break up, or not.

When Katie was on the Bachelor,  I always thought she was hired to play a role. She was the one who "tattled" on the girls who were spreading gossip. She came across with an anti-bullying message, very self righteous, and not at all interested in the Bachelor. It was clearly her audition. 

I think that these shows are cast and scripted a lot more than we know. And it gets worse each year. Recall Demi, bringing her own girlfriend on Paradise, then "falling in love" with her.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Thank you. I suspect this is what happened,  actually. 

I think Blake agreed to play the part. If none of the guys were final rose material,  he would do it, they could have sex (both being "sex positive ") be a couple, go on talk shows, and eventually break up, or not.

When Katie was on the Bachelor,  I always thought she was hired to play a role. She was the one who "tattled" on the girls who were spreading gossip. She came across with an anti-bullying message, very self righteous, and not at all interested in the Bachelor. It was clearly her audition. 

I think that these shows are cast and scripted a lot more than we know. And it gets worse each year. Recall Demi, bringing her own girlfriend on Paradise, then "falling in love" with her.

how many of us knew Demi did this all ofr attention/acceotance and it wouldnt last. UGH cannot stand her

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Hate to take up more space with "agreeance,." but here I am again.  I rarely watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette shows.  I got sucked in with Matt and then, of course, HAD to see what Miss Sex Positive (🤢) was going to do.  I've never seen any of the other "franchise" shows...but I've see nvarious "advertising"clips.  I thought I saw some of the "good" bachelors from this season's Bachelorette.  😢Boo Hoo.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:26 AM, chocolatine said:

Wow, that edit is *really* unflattering to Katie. I wonder what happened behind the scenes for them to first tout her as the anti-bullying, "sex-positive" girl next door, then to turn on her like that.

Maybe they filmed her despicable treatment of Greg in time to switch up and give her a taste of her own medicine.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 8/10/2021 at 10:06 PM, tinkerbell said:

Same storyline this year with Brenden and Pieper. They were dating before BIP and came on as a couple.

The cast turn on them and vote them off Survivor style.

• Love 1