Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17: Spoilers and Speculation

dom16
  • Start Topic

(edited)

From Naughty Nick to Humping Hannah B, I'd say 99.9% of the Bachelor franchise contestants were "sex positive."  I guess we needed a new term for the current season to give a positive spin to the explicitly gross and constantly horny.

Edited by Recyclorette
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

From Naughty Nick to Humping Hannah B, I'd say 99.9% of the Bachelor franchise contestants were "sex positive."  I guess we needed a new term for the current season to give a positive spin to the explicitly gross and constantly horny.

Seriously. Sex positive is thrown around too much for my taste. People use it like the majority of folks think being sexual is wrong. There's so much talk about Americans being prudes and purity culture. I'm not saying that doesn't exist. I've experienced it in my own family. I still think sex negative folks are the minority. We're actually in a very sex obsessed culture. What shocks people more, the virgins and late bloomers or those with high numbers? 

I have a liberal attitude toward sex. I don't think you need to be married. I don't think you need to be in love. I basically think consenting adults can do whatever they want. If a friend of mine wants to sleep with someone on the first date, her business. If a couple wants to have an open marriage, more power to them. That said, do I think it's charming to introduce yourself with a vibrator? No. Would I want to kiss someone who just kissed tens of other women? No. Do I personally think the fantasy suites are a great idea? Hell no. You can be sex positive and still appreciate civility and have limits.

• Love 13
(edited)

Sex positivity as a concept goes beyond the idea that people have sex, like sex or talk about sex as a general concept. 

It's about being able to advocate for one's sexual health and pleasure without being shamed.  Even though orgasms aren't the be all and end all, the fact that the orgasm gap is a thing likely means a lot of people are having sex but accepting bad to mediocre sex.

I know Hannah had sex 3 times in a windmill with Peter even though I never saw her season but she's usually mocked/shamed for it instead of getting kudos for being sex positive.

Katie said stuff happened in the FS with her guys so it will be interesting to see what the reaction is to her if she has sex with more than one of the guys.

I don't know what Blake's take on sex positivity is. It's clear he's open talking about it.  And, as a couple, they might put more of that communication on display than most of us but such is the show.

As for who will be the new bachelor.  I thought they were pushing Greg hard in the first or second episode.  But now with Michael's story, I could see it being him. Rumor has it they both self-eliminate.  How the show edits it will likely tell us who TPTB want to choose.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Sex positivity as a concept goes beyond the idea that people have sex, like sex or talk about sex as a general concept. 

It's about being able to advocate for one's sexual health and pleasure without being shamed.  Even though orgasms aren't the be all and end all, the fact that the orgasm gap is a thing likely means a lot of people are having sex but accepting bad to mediocre sex.

I know Hannah had sex 3 times in a windmill with Peter even though I never saw her season but she's usually mocked/shamed for it instead of getting kudos for being sex positive.

I think you mean that being sex positive means not FEELING shame for your sexuality.  One can't control the attempts of others to shame.

That being said, just because someone is sex positive doesn't mean that all their behavior is in good taste.  I thought Katie's dildo act was an ice breaker with the other women night one, but many others found it went too far.  As for Blake, I felt his behavior went beyond positivity and into the cringey zone.  It also felt disingenuous to me, like it was all an act for attention and to win.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Also, Nick revealed Matt was onset when he was there.  

That's interesting. I guess it was filmed before Matt's season finished airing, but after TPTB saw how unpopular he was as Bachelor they decided not to air his appearance on Katie's season. Though they keep shoving Ick down our throats, and most viewers don't like him either, so go figure.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, chocolatine said:

That's interesting. I guess it was filmed before Matt's season finished airing, but after TPTB saw how unpopular he was as Bachelor they decided not to air his appearance on Katie's season. Though they keep shoving Ick down our throats, and most viewers don't like him either, so go figure.

My bad. I’ve edited my comment.  I meant Blake not Matt.  

• Useful 2

Agh, knowing she chooses Blake makes me not even want to finish the season. He actually kind of grosses me out, I'm not even sure what it is but I feel bad even saying that. I find him hard to look at and then his personality (at least what they've shown in previous seasons) doesn't make up for it.

They'll have to give him a much better edit this season to get people on board, I think. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Given the fact that he was so in to Claire, Tayshia and now Katie apparently, he belongs on BIP and I don’t see them working out long term after the thrill of sex dies down. Maybe I’ll be surprised, but he’s just icky to me and thinks he’s such a catch. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 9

The fact that Blake was “in love” with all three leads that they put in front of him seems extremely Wrong Reasons and fake to the Bachelor Nation viewing audience, but somehow within the Bachelor Family contestant/production realm does this make him Right Reasons—the Rightest of Reasons??—because he literally was ready to marry whatever woman they put in front of him??? I don’t like this letting former rejects come back and compete on the main show. This is what Paradise is for! If Blake and Katie had a thing for each other after seeing each other on TV, then they should have gone to Paradise…or Stagecoach…to meet. This is a second-string reject Paradise couple, not a “main event” love story. Blake is now worse to me than Nick Viall. I can’t imagine he’s going to be able to win me over to their “love story.” Right now, she has great connections with Greg, Connor, and Michael. Granted, this is exactly what she became “famous” for—ensuring the new people had a decent shot and weren’t targeted by the OCs(original contestants), but Blake is not “new,” so all bets are off there. Get ‘em, boys!

• Love 9

So it seems pretty clear at this point that Katie and Blake were in touch with each other before the Bachelorette began filming.  If that's the case and Katie and Blake are now together, I feel like we've all been played so that these two could get their 15 min. of TV fame.  Anyone else?

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
53 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

So it seems pretty clear at this point that Katie and Blake were in touch with each other before the Bachelorette began filming.  If that's the case and Katie and Blake are now together, I feel like we've all been played so that these two could get their 15 min. of TV fame.  Anyone else?

I bet Kaitlyn and Nick will bring up their preshow texting in her season where he comes in later in the season. I doubt the guys are going to be happy about it either. They’ll probably wish Karl came back instead!

• LOL 3

In one of the articles, Katie  or maybe it was Blake, admit he reached out after Matt let her go, but that she only sent a polite reply snd it didn’t go further.   

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, DEL901 said:

In one of the articles, Katie  or maybe it was Blake, admit he reached out after Matt let her go, but that she only sent a polite reply snd it didn’t go further.   

Yeah right.  I don't believe either one of them.

• Love 9
On 6/26/2021 at 7:34 PM, Recyclorette said:

Yes, I believe that it was the plot from the start to "surprise" Katie with Blake asking to join the show. 

And didn't Tayshia and Kaitlyn caution katie to not fall for anyone too quickly? Gee, I wonder why.

This is as fake as when Demi went on Bachelor in Paradise to "fall in love" with the woman who was already her girlfriend. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 6/23/2021 at 8:21 AM, ApprenticeFan said:

Gross. And didn't he and Katie "meet" before the season? A head start on their relationship, no doubt. 🙄 Katie can spare me with her faux-shock when he shows up out of nowhere. You'd think he'd be a red flag since in less than a year he was ten toes down in vying for both Clare and Tayshia. Oh well. 

Andrew, Justin, and Greg are all cute and lovely and deserve better anyway. 

Here's to Michelle's season - where I hope there's as much genuine and as little producer manipulation as a "reality" show like this can muster. I'm rooting for her happy ending and a season without gimmicks. 

• Love 5

I’m not as fussed if they met before the show than I thought.  I’m a wrong reason watcher but I’d also like to see an actual romance come out if it.  Especially after the last seasons (minus Tayisha and Zac’s season)

• Love 5

thanks, everyone, for posting spoilers here. 

I have a terrible time with Reality Steve's website.  with all the ads, popping up all over the site, I can't scroll to read it without inadvertently going to other sites, and I get warnings about non-secure sites putting cookies on my computer.  So I depend on this forum for spoilers.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

ve a terrible time with Reality Steve's website.  with all the ads, popping up all over the site, I can't scroll to read it without inadvertently going to other sites, and I get warnings about non-secure sites putting cookies on my computer.  So I depend on this forum for spoilers.  

Same.  I muddle through it but it’s so time consuming and I worry about viruses.  He never acknowledges it either and gets defensive when people bring it up in his reader’s email section too. 🤨

• Love 3

Reality Steve has a talent for putting a lot of words out there, and saying nothing. I won't go on his site because I just want him to get to the damn point! His writing style drives me crazy.

• Love 10
On 6/26/2021 at 7:34 PM, Recyclorette said:

Personally?  Nah.  We all know that this show is a massive ball of manipulation.  Producers manipulating the leads and contestants.  Finalists working the media for follows.  Relationships lasting the required two years for rings and then the breakup. 

At least Katie plays the season out as opposed to Clare who quit after four days.  But it also sounds like some real contenders self-eliminate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 6/27/2021 at 11:11 PM, tinkerbell said:

Yes, I believe that it was the plot from the start to "surprise" Katie with Blake asking to join the show. 

And didn't Tayshia and Kaitlyn caution katie to not fall for anyone too quickly? Gee, I wonder why.

This is as fake as when Demi went on Bachelor in Paradise to "fall in love" with the woman who was already her girlfriend. 

ugh. Demi. I just cant with her. 

13 hours ago, LBS said:

Same.  I muddle through it but it’s so time consuming and I worry about viruses.  He never acknowledges it either and gets defensive when people bring it up in his reader’s email section too. 🤨

reality steves column is awful, the pop ups are unbearable. done with it.

On 6/26/2021 at 9:29 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I bet Kaitlyn and Nick will bring up their preshow texting in her season where he comes in later in the season. I doubt the guys are going to be happy about it either. They’ll probably wish Karl came back instead!

I remember the episode so clearly when Nick showed up and Kaitlyn was so fascinated with him.....but at least she looked normal then.

• Love 2
(edited)

I haven't paid much attention to this season in general, including the spoilers. However, I did read about Blake being Final 1 on Instagram. However, what I came to ask about is the supposed drama I skimmed on The Bachelor Reddit thread regarding Greg. 

Now admittedly that Reddit crowd lives for drama and faux outrage, so I wholeheartedly acknowledge that this could all be completely nothing. But it seems Katie liked a few IG posts that were shady about Greg and the consensus seems to be that some think he was "wrong reasons" because he's either taken acting classes or is a full on struggling actor. 

Apparently his sister even made some IG post defending him. So my question is, did Reality Steve give any details on what happens with Greg during the season? How he's eliminated or when? Was there some saga that went down between him and Katie? I know I could check for myself but like others, navigating RS's website is torture. I can't understand why after all this time and his popularity, he hasn't hired some web designer to clean that up. 

Also, I'd just add that if the criticism about Greg is purely because he's taken some acting classes, I remember how Vanessa (Nick's season) was labeled fake by many who insisted she was no special needs teacher and really just a wannabe actress because she'd done some television stuff years prior. Well since Nick's season, Vanessa has focused on her special needs charity and is engaged to a man who works in the nonprofit industry. So just saying that sometimes BN is a bit too quick to label people "wrong reasons". 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Ireland77 said:

There is zero chance that Blake and Katie weren't already together before taping began.  Nothing about this show is real.

I hope at the MTA the group of original contestants calls Katie out for being there for the wrong reasons.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

This is the first time I’ve ever spoiled a season for myself but I got fed up when Blake popped up on this week’s episode and a lot of the rest of the episode was focused on the other contestants tattle-taling and whining endlessly about Thomas to the point where I wanted to scream. Almost nobody looked good that episode.

Now, reading the spoilers here where Katie ends up with Blake and likely knew him in advance a lot of the editing starts to make sense.  I was asking why in the world the producers wanted to spend so much footage making so many of the contestants look like obnoxious, petty little snitches, but if they’re trying to puff Blake up for a pre-ordained storyline that edit suddenly clicks.  You make nearly everybody look bad and then the godawful returnee you bring in is supposed to look good by comparison.

Yeah, no thanks.   This isn’t even good hate watching material.  JenE4 sums it up perfectly:

This is a second-string reject Paradise couple, not a “main event” love story. Blake is now worse to me than Nick Viall. I can’t imagine he’s going to be able to win me over to their “love story.” 

I think I’m out until next season.  Michelle’s season better be a whole lot better because this season is a trainwreck and the train was full of garbage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

The thing about Blake's returning is that it would not have been so bad if he didn't supposedly have these amazing feelings for both Clare and Taysia. I mean to be fair, being on two Bachelorette seasons was through no fault of his own, when Clare decided to run off with Dale.

But it's the fact that he was so all in with Clare, then quickly pivoted in seconds once Taysia replaced her and now apparently he's so into Katie. Yeah it's just odd. It makes it seem like he's wrong reasons in the vein of "I just want to win and prove a Bachelorette can pick me". 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9

I don't want to post it here, because it's not exactly a Bachelorette spoiler and I don't want to get dinged for breaking rules.   But, there is a spoiler about Thomas on Bachelor in Paradise that is kind of interesting.  It also makes me suspect about him leaving Bachelorette.  Was this all set up, that he has to be a "villain" so he can then redeem himself (or not)  on Paradise?

I have always been skeptical of this show and producer interference, but this season, for me, is THE WORST  - I don't trust most of what I see, though a few of the guys seem pretty sincere. 

(I put it in the B in P spoiler thread.)

• Love 6
17 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I hope at the MTA the group of original contestants calls Katie out for being there for the wrong reasons.

That would be very interesting.  I think the producer manipulation was turned on its head this season.  I think it's Katie and Blake doing the manipulating!  The whole premise of this franchise now has a new twist with all these "Bachelor Family" members interacting outside the shows.

• Love 4
On 6/29/2021 at 10:08 AM, truthaboutluv said:

Now admittedly that Reddit crowd lives for drama and faux outrage, so I wholeheartedly acknowledge that this could all be completely nothing. But it seems Katie liked a few IG posts that were shady about Greg and the consensus seems to be that some think he was "wrong reasons" because he's either taken acting classes or is a full on struggling actor.

I don't really know why Katie is liking shady posts about Greg on Instagram but I think I can sum up what some of the online rumors/tea about him are.

Apparently, he was part of the original, pre-COVID, cast for Clare last season and one of his family members talked about amazing career opportunities on social media before he was supposed to leave.  As you know in Bachelor Nation "amazing career opportunities" is "wrong reasons" thinking.

Greg took quite a few acting classes and is an aspiring actor but he erased all social media references to that fact before joining the show.  Actor/model wannabes tend to receive shade (even that's what most of them are) but trying to hide it makes a contestant look even more suspect.

But I think the big thing is that he is rumored to go as far as the fantasy suites but self-eliminates on that date.  Kind of like Brendan did with Tayshia.  I believe an "insider" claims he says it's because he's just too "jealous" and can't deal or something stupid like that but Katie, knowing what she has probably learned since leaving the bubble, probably looks back and doubts his sincerity now.

That's why it was so funny to watch the episode thread and see how people reacted to Greg's tears over Michael's wife.  Knowing that he's an actor made me go hmmm....especially since he was crying harder than Michael. 

On 6/30/2021 at 11:03 AM, truthaboutluv said:

The thing about Blake's returning is that it would not have been so bad if he didn't supposedly have these amazing feelings for both Clare and Taysia. I mean to be fair, being on two Bachelorette seasons was through no fault of his own, when Clare decided to run off with Dale.

But it's the fact that he was so all in with Clare, then quickly pivoted in seconds once Taysia replaced her and now apparently he's so into Katie. Yeah it's just odd. It makes it seem like he's wrong reasons in the vein of "I just want to win and prove a Bachelorette can pick me". 

I can see why Blake and Katie would be a good match but I have to admit that I had to roll my eyes when Blake said something about not feeling something like this in a long time. I don't know if it was part of the episode or part of the preview but it's so hard to buy when we'd seen him do the same thing with both Clare and Tayshia and in rapid succession.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm glad Katie picks him because I don't want him to be the next Bachelor. ABC seems hell-bent on getting Blake a girlfriend.

I guess the next option was introducing him to Heather Martin. At least Hannah is off the market.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Apparently, he was part of the original, pre-COVID, cast for Clare last season and one of his family members talked about amazing career opportunities on social media before he was supposed to leave.  As you know in Bachelor Nation "amazing career opportunities" is "wrong reasons" thinking.

Greg took quite a few acting classes and is an aspiring actor but he erased all social media references to that fact before joining the show.  Actor/model wannabes tend to receive shade (even that's what most of them are) but trying to hide it makes a contestant look even more suspect.

But I think the big thing is that he is rumored to go as far as the fantasy suites but self-eliminates on that date.  Kind of like Brendan did with Tayshia.  I believe an "insider" claims he says it's because he's just too "jealous" and can't deal or something stupid like that but Katie, knowing what she has probably learned since leaving the bubble, probably looks back and doubts his sincerity now.

That's why it was so funny to watch the episode thread and see how people reacted to Greg's tears over Michael's wife.  Knowing that he's an actor made me go hmmm....especially since he was crying harder than Michael. 

Thanks for the explanation. While trying to hide the acting past is suspicious, it also is kind of not because as we've noted, Bachelor Nation is quick with the "wrong reasons" and so it may have just been a case of not wanting to deal with it.

As I said, many were certain Vanessa was a fake, pretend special needs teacher because she'd done some entertainment stuff prior. But yeah, dumb of him to try and hide it when we all know nothing stays hidden on the internet. 

The self-eliminating is interesting. Will be interested to see how that plays out. As for his tears over learning about Michael's wife, to be fair, Katie went as far as saying that Greg has resting sad face. And he really does have this hang dog look that makes it seem like he's always five minutes away from bursting into tears. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I can see why Blake and Katie would be a good match but I have to admit that I had to roll my eyes when Blake said something about not feeling something like this in a long time

Well, "long time"  differs from person to person.  WHen Blake says he hasn't felt like this in a "long time"  he means - not since the last season of the Bachelorette.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Well, "long time"  differs from person to person.  WHen Blake says he hasn't felt like this in a "long time"  he means - not since the last season of the Bachelorette.  

I mean there was an entire Bachelor season in between, so of course it's been a long time since Blake has appeared on TV felt that way.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

That preview!! Right on the heels of Michael self-eliminating, things aren’t looking too good with Greg, either. Granted, it may just be the editing, but they made it seem like he also self-eliminates or at least tells her he’s not in love with her, and she tries to quit the show! No wonder why in TMTA, she’s all sadly saying, “My ending happened for a reason.” I know the rumors are she ends up with Blake, but that sure as hell seems like a consolation prize. And now we know why she “picked” him over the likes of Greg and Michael…because she really didn’t! It’s just Blake and Justin left—who I barely recall her ever talking to!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

That preview!! Right on the heels of Michael self-eliminating, things aren’t looking too good with Greg, either. Granted, it may just be the editing, but they made it seem like he also self-eliminates or at least tells her he’s not in love with her, and she tries to quit the show! No wonder why in TMTA, she’s all sadly saying, “My ending happened for a reason.” I know the rumors are she ends up with Blake, but that sure as hell seems like a consolation prize. And now we know why she “picked” him over the likes of Greg and Michael…because she really didn’t! It’s just Blake and Justin left—who I barely recall her ever talking to!

I didn't see the preview, but this does make me feel a little better that she didn't choose Blake over everyone else.  I mean, it is Blake, ick!  lol.  The spoilers made it sound like she chose him and now perhaps not in the true sense of the word.  

• Love 3

Katie said in an interview recently that she did something that had never been done before.  It has also been reported that the season ended early.  Maybe the skipped the Fantasy Suites week since she was running out of guys?

• Useful 3