Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17: Spoilers and Speculation

dom16
  • Start Topic

On 2/9/2021 at 12:09 PM, alexa said:

Personally I think if they choose Katie they are missing out on the possibility of someone better.  She is okay, but really kind of bland, imo.  I don't see anything that strikes me as--she should be the next bachelorette. 

Who do you think would be a better choice? Peter's season was terrible, and Matt's group of women is giving it a run for its money. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Who do you think would be a better choice? Peter's season was terrible, and Matt's group of women is giving it a run for its money. 

I don’t know yet as they never give us much time to meet half the women....they are too into adding random drama.  Guessing some of the remaining women might be a better option.  I think he has a few good ones in there.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

They could always go with someone new, like they did for this season. I kind of hope they do, actually. I've always started out liking the picks for Bachelor/Bachelorette, based on what I saw of them when they were competing. Then, when they get the lead, I wind up really not liking them.

They were always famewhores, but now it seems like everyone is angling for a social media career. Not that there's anything wrong with being an influencer, but it's like they're not even pretending to be there "for the right reasons" anymore...not even the leads.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I don’t mind Katie as the pick.  However I think Magi would’ve been an interesting choice.  Her backstory is fascinating, she’s intelligent, and she is absolutely gorgeous.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, alexa said:

I don’t know yet as they never give us much time to meet half the women....they are too into adding random drama.  Guessing some of the remaining women might be a better option.  I think he has a few good ones in there.  

The same may be true of Katie.  What we learned about Katie is "doesn't like bullies, has a vibrator."  If you think the rest of the women have more depth than what we've seen (and I agree), isn't this also the case with Katie?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

The same may be true of Katie.  What we learned about Katie is "doesn't like bullies, has a vibrator."  If you think the rest of the women have more depth than what we've seen (and I agree), isn't this also the case with Katie?

I am just saying what I personally feel.  I feel we have seen enough of Katie to get a better idea of her as she is part of a main storyline.  Some of the others have not been, and in my opinion, it would help to see some of the other more often to get a better idea.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, alexa said:

I am just saying what I personally feel.  I feel we have seen enough of Katie to get a better idea of her as she is part of a main storyline.  Some of the others have not been, and in my opinion, it would help to see some of the other more often to get a better idea.  

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was coming at you 🙂 I think you're right that we don't get enough about these folks, so it's hard for us to judge who would be a good lead. I think Katie might be great, but there are a few others still in there who might be great.  Serena P, Michelle, Abigail, Bri -- I'd be all in on any of them.

But no -- we need to see Victoria/Anna/MJ showing their asses the whole time. It's exhausting, watching these people blithely ruin their own brands forever.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, phlebas said:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was coming at you 🙂 I think you're right that we don't get enough about these folks, so it's hard for us to judge who would be a good lead. I think Katie might be great, but there are a few others still in there who might be great.  Serena P, Michelle, Abigail, Bri -- I'd be all in on any of them.

But no -- we need to see Victoria/Anna/MJ showing their asses the whole time. It's exhausting, watching these people blithely ruin their own brands forever.

Exactly, that is my issue...so much time wasted on those that don't really matter to the end goal anyway.  Ugh.

• Love 5

There's something about Bri I really like, she just seems smarter or more poised than most of the other women. I'm not sure what it is, but at this point  I like her better than Katie who seemed to alternate between laughing hysterically at anything that had to do with sex, and repeating guidance counselor lectures about bullies.  

• Love 8

Here's a little update about Baby the cat, who wouldn't watch The Bachelor. He likes to watch videos of birds and squirrels. He likes Star Wars movies because he tries to capture the aircraft and the light sabers. He even will watch a church service. But he won't watch The Bachelor. Hmmm... I'll ask my sister if she'll give it another try tomorrow night. The thing is Baby would have liked the farm animals, bowling and the boxing matches. Maybe it's when there's rose ceremonies at the beginning of the show . . . 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Here's a little update about Baby the cat, who wouldn't watch The Bachelor. He likes to watch videos of birds and squirrels. He likes Star Wars movies because he tries to capture the aircraft and the light sabers. He even will watch a church service. But he won't watch The Bachelor. Hmmm... I'll ask my sister if she'll give it another try tomorrow night. The thing is Baby would have liked the farm animals, bowling and the boxing matches. Maybe it's when there's rose ceremonies at the beginning of the show . . . 

Do you think he is upset with Chris Harrison?

• LOL 4
On 2/15/2021 at 12:07 PM, call me ishmael said:

Do you think he is upset with Chris Harrison?

Baby the cat is sitting on the small sofa in the living room, all smug because he accomplished his master plan: the ouster of Chris Harrison from the Bachelor franchise. Now Baby is the new host!! If you see a slinky gray cat on the set, that's Baby!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

Info from Reality Steve:

That's quite a change from Canada and what TPTB seemingly wanted before, though New Mexico in the spring makes sense. But what in the Hunger Games is that swimming pool? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Dejana said:

But what in the Hunger Games is that swimming pool? 

I’d pay good money for a Hunger Games/Bachelorette hybrid.   Instead of group dates, they would have to compete against each other for Instagram followers and Coachella tickets.  At the end of the night, the ones with lame sponsorships would be sacrificed and their profile picture would be flashed to the sky in a rose shaped beam.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
(edited)

So Reality Steve just tweeted that it will be Katie.  I think it might be true.  She stopped posting on IG over the weekend and she usually posted something every day.  I’m not mad.  I’m just disappointed.  At myself for knowing Katie’s posting habits.  COVID quarantine boredom is a real thing!  

ETA: I think she’ll be a fine bachelorette but I do wish Serena P or Bri were in the running still.  Although I wouldn’t be surprised if they were asked and just said no. I wouldn’t trust production or ‘bachelor nation’ fans after the mess this season.

Edited by LBS
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I would have been all in on Serena if she were older.  As it is, I am happy with any of Katie/Abigail/Michelle.

If it really is Katie, I'm stunned, given the topics dominating the latter half of the season. But maybe they asked others who turned them down.

• Love 3

I  forget that Serena P is young because she’s a heck of a lot more mature than the rest of the women on this show. I think she’s mature enough to know she doesn’t want to be the bachelorette. Katie is a poor choice but they didn’t have much to choose from I guess. I can just see her working in the dildo when she meets the guys outside the mansion. What else she got though. I couldn’t tell you a thing about her. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I  forget that Serena P is young because she’s a heck of a lot more mature than the rest of the women on this show. I think she’s mature enough to know she doesn’t want to be the bachelorette. Katie is a poor choice but they didn’t have much to choose from I guess. I can just see her working in the dildo when she meets the guys outside the mansion. What else she got though. I couldn’t tell you a thing about her. 

Personally, I like that all her unemployed dudebros will know they're also competing against a 10-inch vibrator. 

And Mr. Buzzy there doesn't have anger management problems. Should be refreshing.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Katie is a poor choice but they didn’t have much to choose from I guess. I can just see her working in the dildo when she meets the guys outside the mansion.

I see the vibrator as a cue for her guys to display all sorts of sex toys when they meet her for the first time.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I think they chose Katie because everyone in Bachelor production realizes they don’t know how to be decent human beings by “2021 standards.” Katie will set them straight so they don’t screw this up again.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
43 minutes ago, phlebas said:

I'm happy they didn't pick someone under 25.   Maybe Michele and Abigail said no.

Same although I think Serena P is pretty mature for her age.  Honestly I bet Michelle, Bri, and Abigail said no.  Who would want to be the next lead after all the controversial issues from this season?  People are still heated, everything is being scrutinized (rightfully so in most cases), any host they choose will be picked apart, and there is still no travel which is arguably the best part/only reason* to be on the show.  The cost benefit of being the lead for this upcoming season is null.  Speaking comfortably from my couch in my astronaut cat leggings and a Women’s March hoodie, I would absolutely turn down the offer if asked (I mean, who wouldn’t want to find love with a girl who dresses like me).  The potential of making a lot of money would not override the bigger risk of getting vilified all over social media.

*besides finding ‘your person’ of course🙄

Edited by LBS
  • Love 7

From RS:

ATFR host Emmanuel Acho also informs us that Michelle Young will have her OWN season of the “Bachelorette” to be filmed later this summer.

So the schedule going forward as of now is that:

-Katie will get her own full season of the “Bachelorette” that begins taping at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya in New Mexico in a few weeks.

-“Bachelor in Paradise” will film per usual in June at a location that hasn’t been announced yet and will begin airing after Katie’s season is done airing, per usual.

-Michelle’s “Bachelorette” season will film sometime after BIP films (most likely all of July) and air later on in the fall.

I’m sure some are asking, “If they wanted Michelle, why didn’t they just give her the season about to be filmed? Why have Katie as the Bachelorette up first?”

The reason is that Michelle did not want to leave her class again to start filming in a few weeks (meaning she’d miss most of the remainder of her school year), hence the reason she is getting her own season this summer when she’s out of school. That’s the “twist” or “curveball” you’ll see announced on the ATFR on Monday.

I'm shocked that they actually made a good decision. Katie and Michelle are both excellent choices.

• Love 9

Yay Michelle! Although I'm also conflicted because she's so sweet and I don't want this franchise to overtake her in the way it has done to so many other contestants/leads. But I hope her journey works out for her because she deserves happiness and a great love. 

• Love 5

Glad to see Michelle get her own season, she's one of the only ones I liked this whole season and seems like one of the few decent people in a sea of mean girls. I will definitely watch her, not too excited about watching Katie's season. It will feel kind of underwhelming knowing Michelle is coming soon after! 

The good news is that they are both late 20s/early 30s so hopefully we can have some more mature human beings after the mean girl sorority catfight that was Matt's season. 

• Love 3

Katie is cute, but I look at her and see the "brunette second lead" on all the old sit-coms.  Janet to Chrissy on "Three's Company," or Mary Ann to Ginger on "Gilligan's Island."  So far, she's shown two sides to her personality, serious lecturer and bawdy comedian, and neither type was appealing to me.  Oh well, she might change completely once she has 30 men fawning over her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

One can only hope Katie leaves the sex toys at home.  Sorry, but it annoyed me no end that they made that a “thing.”  I’d much rather have seen a season for Bri, but, there you go.  

Super happy we’ll see Michelle again and I couldn’t be more impressed that she chose her students over The Bachelorette.  I really like her.  With any luck she might get a season where travel i possible. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Katie is cute, but I look at her and see the "brunette second lead" on all the old sit-coms.  Janet to Chrissy on "Three's Company," or Mary Ann to Ginger on "Gilligan's Island."  So far, she's shown two sides to her personality, serious lecturer and bawdy comedian, and neither type was appealing to me.  Oh well, she might change completely once she has 30 men fawning over her.

Of course the debate between Mary Ann and Ginger still goes on till this day.  Which is more than we can say about the Bachelorettes!

• LOL 4

I think this is the perfect opportunity to have a female host for The Bachelorette. Whether or not Chris stays with the franchise (and I'm sure he will), he can continue hosting duties on The Bachelor and BIP. But I think it would be beneficial for a female host for Bachelorette so the lead can have another woman there as a confidant in finding her love match. YMMV

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I’m excited now!  It’ll be nice to have female hosts who have had the experience.  I find Kaitlyn to be very engaging on her podcasts. I loved Tayshia as the bachelorette and I think she’ll really be able to connect to Katie.  This will be a nice change from Chris who is hardly on screen anyways.

Edited by LBS
  • Love 4