Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I thought that too, she retired after only 2 seasons which was surprising to me, especially after she tried for 3 years to get to TC.

That’s still 5 years though of focusing on DCC.  She may have been tired and ready to move on

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, kalibean said:

think men work on other teams because they tend to have variable costumes.

I may be wrong here, but the only NFL teams with men that I know of (the Eagles and the Rams but there may be more) had pretty basic and boring men's uniforms. They mostly seem to wear track pants/ shorts with a t-shirt in colours that match the female cheerleaders. They could have done an awful lot better than this if you ask me.

If this is the standard, the DCC could simply provide a man with white track pants and a blue shirt. (Not that they will, of course)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

I may be wrong here, but the only NFL teams with men that I know of (the Eagles and the Rams but there may be more) had pretty basic and boring men's uniforms. They mostly seem to wear track pants/ shorts with a t-shirt in colours that match the female cheerleaders. They could have done an awful lot better than this if you ask me.

If this is the standard, the DCC could simply provide a man with white track pants and a blue shirt. (Not that they will, of course)

Also patriots, Titans and Buccs

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

I may be wrong here, but the only NFL teams with men that I know of (the Eagles and the Rams but there may be more) had pretty basic and boring men's uniforms.

Yeah, that Eagles guy in his totally different outfit sticks out like a sore thumb.

8 hours ago, perrie97 said:

didn’t realise Rachel had done 4 seasons. Makes sense to retire after that long. 

I also assume she's sick of having to watch out to not get too "stocky" for the uniform 🙄

• Love 7
10 hours ago, perrie97 said:

But when I thought about it, and maybe they just love dance and are not ready to give it up. After DCC if they  aren’t able to get a job in dance (Lexie wouldn’t anyway she’s got another career) the most dancing they’ll ever do are casual classes. As a lover of my own sport, I would hate to have to play casually in only my mid 20s. It’s made me rethink wishing anyone would retire. 

I have a friend that danced on a lower tier team just for the fitness aspect - said it kept her motivated at the gym. Being an all star would probably help that too! Still have to be uniform ready, but lots easier on the joints. Brianna probably wouldn’t volunteer to sub in for Thunder, for example, but happy to do appearances. 

6 hours ago, LilyD said:

I was thinking more about how other cheer teams have several costumes for their female cheerleaders, so it’s not a jarring change to add in track suits and more masculine dance wear. Imagine a man’s shirt in that blue polyester and slacks in the white polyester from the shorts...a total 70’s nightmare. I mean, amazing in an awful way but I can’t get this image out of my head. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Noah Jaide posted his DCC rejection letter on his IG Stories a couple of days ago.  But they thanked him for his interest 🤓

3 minutes ago, Duffer said:

Saw on Reddit a reliable insider is saying another retirement announcement.

They’re guessing Judy among others. 

I'm going with Jalyn or Kristin.... or possibly Judy.  None would surprise me. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, Duffer said:

This was posted here yesterday by one of the reliable insiders.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

I’m with you. It’s ok to leave something just for women. We won’t ever play on the football team and I am ok with that. 

Isn’t that part of why they have R&B dancers? Guys dance on that squad. And they worked to uniforms to fit both guys & ladies. Not seeing a workaround for the guys to fit in DCC uniforms and not seeing them changing the iconic DCC uniform. Should I duck now?? 😳

• Love 5
17 hours ago, kalibean said:

I’m trying to picture how men could fit into Thunder seamlessly - back corners if there were two? That could look nice. I think on the outer edges, as balanced as possible.  Five could work too, do the corners and the venter outer edges on the three sides of the larger triangle. 

I think men work on other teams because they tend to have variable costumes. The DCC have done their same costume forever, and any of the things I picture to butch it up look off to me.  And I don’t think Jerryworld is ready for the fabulousness of a man in the current DCC costume. That would be Drag Race levels of awesome tho! 

That said...when they’ve had men in halftime shows, or work with Rhythm and Blues, it does look great. Maybe there’s a way to have the squads interact more, maximize the potential and get R&B more press. Would love to see some interaction on Making the Team. 

I would love to see more of a mixed squad! Having the DCC and then the R&B just feels so blah to me. Like "oh you're great but not THAT great so here's our lesser known, lesser talked about second string squad."

If the two squads were merged and dancers swapped out for different games/numbers I think that would be fun. It would add some variety to the DCC rather than just having them be power pom. they could do stunting, harder hitting numbers, etc. 

But that's just my 2 cents 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'm glad that the ones that want to continue can, and in a lower stress way than jump splits, and possibly irritating past injuries.     

I'm wishing all of the retirees, and future All Stars the best, and I'll miss them. 

I also hate it when someone has repeated, severe injuries, but comes back.   Too few think about their future problems that can come from repeated injuries, and what that will eventually do to your body.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

I can’t wait until the first trans female auditions for DCC. Someone who is a great dancer and really looks soft and feminine. What if they didn’t reveal they were male genotype? Watching Kelli come up with excuses not to take her without breaking any laws would make for good watching but unfortunately I think the trans person would end up getting exploited for ratings only and not as a serious contender.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kate2006 said:

I can’t wait until the first trans female auditions for DCC. Someone who is a great dancer and really looks soft and feminine. What if they didn’t reveal they were male genotype? Watching Kelli come up with excuses not to take her without breaking any laws would make for good watching but unfortunately I think the trans person would end up getting exploited for ratings only and not as a serious contender.

But how do you know they haven't already. If they decided to keep it quiet and not tell anyone then it's possible there has already been a cheerleader in the past that wasn't cisgender

• Love 8
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

and I'll miss them. 

Some more than others.   But all in all, being a DCC is a nice thing to have on a resume I imagine.  I wish them the best even though I was a little snarky at times.

I thought I read the Redditors didn't care for Primetimer.

8 hours ago, Duffer said:

They’re guessing Judy among others. 

8 hours ago, go4luca said:

This was posted here yesterday by one of the reliable insiders.

17 hours ago, LilyD said:

The teams with male dancers are:
1. Atlanta Falcons
2. Kansas City Chiefs
3. Los Angeles Rams
4. New England Patriots
5. New Orleans Saints
6. Philadelphia Eagles
7. Seattle Seahawks
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
9. Tennessee Titans
10. Washington Football Team

The Seahawks are the only fully coed team that has more than 1-4 guys. (Aside from R&B). I believe the Washington team will follow suit, but this is their first year with the new co-ed squad, so we haven't seen what that will look like.

Most of the guys do have the basic track pants/logo shirt combo, but the Bucs and Saints have gone out of their way to create matching men's costumes for each of the ladies' costumes and rehearsal outfits.

From what I have seen, all of the teams that have opened their doors to men have tweaked their choreo to dial down some of the traditional "sexy girl" moves and dial up the more athletic and hip hop influenced style. I think the challenge for the DCC would be more than just the uniform, it would also be the kind of dancing they do, the poms, and even the boots. For a team as tradition-proud as the DCC, I feel like the combination of all of those things would be a bridge too far. I mean, they won't even fix those shorts, even though ultra-low-rise pants are 20 years out of style.

Also, forgive my ignorance, but can men do jump splits safely? I know you don't slam right down directly on your crotch, but the very idea of a guy landing a jump split makes me wince a little, and I'm a woman. Anyway, that could be another "iconic" thing that might have to change to accommodate a coed team.

As someone said upthread, I agree that the DCC will always point to the R&B as the option for male dancers. Even though it is obvious that the two opportunities are not equivalent.

BucsMen.thumb.jpg.110e33b1b2464775bcbfb0250cdf8543.jpgSaintsMen2.thumb.jpg.ac20f7980418c4ce13aa2eeb98eead0d.jpg

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, sleepyjean said:
6 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Also, forgive my ignorance, but can men do jump splits safely? I know you don't slam right down directly on your crotch, but the very idea of a guy landing a jump split makes me wince a little, and I'm a woman. Anyway, that could be another "iconic" thing that might have to change to accommodate a coed team.

Guess I'll take a stab at this, from the male perspective, since I'm unsure how many of us are even a part of this forum LOL.

I suppose it can be done, although, size probably matters in this case, and the more endowed a man is, the more liable to experience...extreme pain...should he attempt one. If you think you wince at the thought of it, imagine how I feel LOL.

Edited by ShutterbugCAM
too many details
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 16
(edited)
12 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Does anyone have a list of confirmed/likely confirmed finalists? I saw Katelyn Pittman but she's the only one I know of. 

I’m not sure if she made finals? I know she posted she was trying out for another team

Edited by Rut14
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, Rut14 said:

Kaitlynn Pitmans didn’t make finals

Really? Her story looked pretty positive... but maybe I'm reading into things. And reading back, I think I saw Kennedy Stanley?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

The teams with male dancers are:

I knew there were more but when I was writing I could only come up with two... My brain is currently A.W.O.L🙃

My post was mainly about the lack of effort to design a proper uniform for the guys: they led them in but could not be bothered to fix that. Glad some of them now have.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Does anyone have a list of confirmed/likely confirmed finalists? I saw Katelyn Pittman but she's the only one I know of. 

The candidates have been told not to post anything on social media and because none of the candidates want to jeopardize their chances to be on the team we have zip, zilch, nada, diddly-squat, jack, niente, zero (0) confirmed finalists, let alone a list. How can we laugh tomorrow when we can't even smile today?!?
The only ones that could hook us DCC-junkies up are the insiders.

I HATE this information blackout.

Computer.thumb.png.a223c069825134b7ff8440f088ada6b0.png

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

The candidates have been told not to post anything on social media and because none of the candidates want to jeopardize their chances to be on the team we have zip, zilch, nada, diddly-squat, jack, niente, zero (0) confirmed finalists, let alone a list. How can we laugh tomorrow when we can't even smile today?!?

Well that's a bummer! Do we have that fact confirmed or is that just what we're assuming since it's been such radio silence?

• Love 2

I'm hitting my speculation spreadsheet hard today - anyone have guesses for veteran cuts? My guesses are Alora-Rose and Kristin but that's not really based on anything except the vibe I'm getting on socials. I think Kristin's damage is done and she's doing everything she can to make up for it, and I feel like Alora-Rose has her head stuck in NY and not in the audition game. 

What about which 2GLs will move into the vacant GL slots? I def think Caroline has it, but any of the other three seem a tossup for me. I want it to be Ashlee but idk

• Love 7

Read between the lines on this one, swear the sign in the corner says Future Dallas ... 

It’s a celebration for Kennedy Jo. Who I believe tried out last year. 
Again, could be totally wrong. Lol

7C19BD09-51DA-4F83-819F-B368F43643AE.png

4797ED42-0F3C-42CB-AB16-AD9564E5BC53.png

• Useful 2
19 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

Read between the lines on this one, swear the sign in the corner says Future Dallas ... 

It’s a celebration for Kennedy Jo. Who I believe tried out last year. 
Again, could be totally wrong. Lol

7C19BD09-51DA-4F83-819F-B368F43643AE.png

4797ED42-0F3C-42CB-AB16-AD9564E5BC53.png

If you look at her next story it says “future conways” I think it is someone else’s bridal shower!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PepperM said:

I'm hitting my speculation spreadsheet hard today - anyone have guesses for veteran cuts? My guesses are Alora-Rose and Kristin but that's not really based on anything except the vibe I'm getting on socials. I think Kristin's damage is done and she's doing everything she can to make up for it, and I feel like Alora-Rose has her head stuck in NY and not in the audition game. 

What about which 2GLs will move into the vacant GL slots? I def think Caroline has it, but any of the other three seem a tossup for me. I want it to be Ashlee but idk

Speculation - Any rookie from last year that was tardy, had weight gain, or deemed mediocre in performance will get cut. I don’t think TPTB will be big on second chances with this group. I feel like Dani and Ellie are safe but really not sure about the rest of them.

Kristin may be safe as there was so much backlash last season how they edited her solo for a tv show and embarrassed her. Combined with the huge amount of backlash of cutting Hannah, they may go a bit easier on the vets, but who knows? It all depends on the new candidates and how many Kelli adores and wants to keep, and what kind of storylines they wish to spin for TV.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Speculation - Any rookie from last year that was tardy, had weight gain, or deemed mediocre in performance will get cut. I don’t think TPTB will be big on second chances with this group. I feel like Dani and Ellie are safe but really not sure about the rest of them.

Kristin may be safe as there was so much backlash last season how they edited her solo for a tv show and embarrassed her. Combined with the huge amount of backlash of cutting Hannah, they may go a bit easier on the vets, but who knows? It all depends on the new candidates and how many Kelli adores and wants to keep, and what kind of storylines they wish to spin for TV.

I would say Claire is probably safe as well, but I totally agree, I don't think they're going to be very forgiving with these rookies. Jessica was originally on my speculative cut list too, but I've seen some significant improvement in her dancing from TC to now, so I'm giving her a pass for the moment. 

I think that they'll go easier on the vet cuts this year in general, but I don't think public outcry about one specific dancer and the way she was treated is going to mean much to K&J, especially bc they can pass off the editing to CMT rather than taking the blame themselves. But I could be totally wrong 🤷‍♀️

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

IKR!!!  It's like they want us super fans to just go away and come back at the beginning of the next season.  IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!!!!  If you don't keep us involved all year we will eventually move on.  And if we move on, all your left with is the kinda fans.  The ones that watch it if they happen to turn on the TV and it's on.  I cannot believe the complete ignorance of their marketing folks.  They may be worse than their social media dept!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Opine said:

IKR!!!  It's like they want us super fans to just go away and come back at the beginning of the next season.  IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!!!!  If you don't keep us involved all year we will eventually move on.  And if we move on, all your left with is the kinda fans.  The ones that watch it if they happen to turn on the TV and it's on.  I cannot believe the complete ignorance of their marketing folks.  They may be worse than their social media dept!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't Kelli supposed so be some sort of marketing genius when it comes to the DCC according to some people?  It's almost if she gets credit when things go right and the rest of the marketing department, which may or may not have any control over things DCC related, gets credit when things go wrong.  I'm not bashing you specifically, Opine, that's just the general feeling I get regarding certain things.  People can't have it both ways.  Either the marketing department handles all DCC things related and gets some of the kudos when things go right (instead of giving them all to Kelli) or Kelli gets some of the rap when things go bad (instead of blaming the marketing department and excluding her when things go bad).  If she's not responsible for ANY of the marketing for DCC, then she gets neither the praise nor the blame.  

• Love 2
On 5/19/2021 at 11:10 AM, DCC-UK said:

I didn't mean to offend anyone, it's just the way the NFL comes across over in the UK! I didn't realise that 70% of NFL players were African-American. I suppose over here, we see the same couple of black players and everyone else seems to be white on the sports news channels. You'd think the NFL would want to push these diverse figures more, hence why I knew nothing about it!

I also know nothing about the schools system so didn't know how playing football as a kid worked (if they played at school or if they did it outside of school).

Hence the term "Friday Night Lights" in re: playing football as a kid.  The term was represented into a movie with Billy Bob Thornton and spinned off into a series for several seasons - it wasn't an exaggeration!!   Just Texas alone, it epitomized the attitude and obsession how the whole community supports their high school football team/coaching staff and all that that implies! Very serious business.       I'm the daughter of a high school football coach and the mother of a high school/college quarterback~in both communities that I lived in, the whole town was present in the stands on Friday night and it was electric, the stands were packed !!   My adrenaline still flows just from the amazing memories, esp. watching my son play with his team, my daughter on her cheer/dance team, the parents who were more like family, the crowds......all this still doesn't really describe it.   I'm absolutely not singling out Texas, I know it's important in every state in the US, but only living in Texas, I know it's HUGE. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, PepperM said:

I would say Claire is probably safe as well, but I totally agree, I don't think they're going to be very forgiving with these rookies. Jessica was originally on my speculative cut list too, but I've seen some significant improvement in her dancing from TC to now, so I'm giving her a pass for the moment. 

I think that they'll go easier on the vet cuts this year in general, but I don't think public outcry about one specific dancer and the way she was treated is going to mean much to K&J, especially bc they can pass off the editing to CMT rather than taking the blame themselves. But I could be totally wrong 🤷‍♀️

I completely forget about Jessica, to be honest I forget about a few of last years rookies purely because of how the show was handled and it being shorter and a delayed showing. The ones I’ve not forgotten are Dani & Elli because they’re in Alanna’s stories as they live with her and are seem genuine and good dancers, Alora because she was focused on so much and Marissa because her annoying faced popped up EVERYWHERE and in the end I couldn’t stomach her. I also only remembered Sydney so that’s 5? The rest I forget 😕😳

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Isn't Kelli supposed so be some sort of marketing genius when it comes to the DCC according to some people?  It's almost if she gets credit when things go right and the rest of the marketing department, which may or may not have any control over things DCC related, gets credit when things go wrong.  I'm not bashing you specifically, Opine, that's just the general feeling I get regarding certain things.  People can't have it both ways.  Either the marketing department handles all DCC things related and gets some of the kudos when things go right (instead of giving them all to Kelli) or Kelli gets some of the rap when things go bad (instead of blaming the marketing department and excluding her when things go bad).  If she's not responsible for ANY of the marketing for DCC, then she gets neither the praise nor the blame.  

If I remember correctly Kelli’s degree was in marketing 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/2/2021 at 9:19 PM, Kitkatkitty said:

Woo! Finally finished up my MA thesis and I back just in time for auditions baby.

Here is a list of girls that have been going to Jen's prep classes and some went to the stadium intensive. I have also combined with the girls mentioned previously (thanks @PepperM for your list!). They may or may not be auditioning:

By the way Jaycie (made training camp last year but deferred) announced she will NOT be auditioning this year 

Tori Skillings (@toriskillings) - TCC 2020

Cassie Schroeder (@cassieschroeder) - TCC 2020 (confirmed audition)

Ashlinn Maze (@ashlinnmaze) - TCC 2020 (confirmed audition)

Claire Doolin (@whoop_claire_it_is) - TCC 2020 (confirmed audition)

Shannan Slattery (@shannanslattery) - TCC 2020

Gina Marie Campagna (ginamariecampagna) - TCC 2019

Madeline Salter (mmadeline.grace) -TCC 2019

Kennedy Jo Wright (@kennedyyjo) - Semifinalist 2020

Kelsie Kunkel (@kels.renae)

Lindsay Barnes (@lindsaymbarnes)

Abby Stockton (@abby_stockton_)

Sarah Parton (@sarahraquel1_)

Elaney Dominguez (@laney_christine)

Crystal Rose (@crystalssglamour)

Alexa May (@alexamay13)

Madison Renee (@madisonreneeee_) - Finalist 2020 but then dropped because she got into law school (I think?) so not sure if she is re-auditioning 

Ali Floyd (@alifloyd)

Megan Erickson (@ohmymegann_) 

Bre Sweeny Harker (@breharker)

Megan (@dolanmeganm)

Lauren Brummett (@lauren_brummett)

Anna Kate Sundvold (@annakatesundvold) (Caroline's sister- she's still in college)

Madisyn Daniel (@madisyn_daniel)

Lindsay Marie (@lindsaymbarnes)

Amanda Howard (@amanda__howard)

Aria Celine (@ariaceline)

Natalie Hillman (@nataliehillman23)

Kennedy Stanley (@kennedyystanleyy)

Bailey Riley (@_baileyryley)

Shawnee Weatherley (@shawnee.weatherley)

Darian Tisdale (@itsdariandarling)

Brittany Elle (@thebrittanyelle)

Katelyn Pittman (@_katelynpittman_) - Finalist (or semifinalist?) 2020

Kristn Theriot (@krystn_theriot)

Hallie Reggio (@reggiohallie)

Shelby Ranley (@shelbytyler_)

Aysia Watson (@asiachanelle)

Kylie (@ksnydz2711)

Brooke Marvel @brookemarvel

Trinity Tyson (@ttmiles19)

Amber Laiche (@amberlaiche)

Florence Quick (@florencequickly)

Jourdan Blight (@jourdan_blight)

Hannah Kalchthaler (@hannahlizkal)

Melanie Parker (@Melpark111)

Annellyse Munroe (@annellysemunroe)

Macey Jordan (@maceytjordan)

Riley Berger (@riley.berger)

Tanner Fant (@_tanfan_)

Erin Erxleben  (@erinerxleben)

Kristyn Theriot (@krystn_theriot)

Haygan Haynes (@haygan.haynes)

Shelbey Ranly (@shelbytyler_)

Soooo you're my hero for compiling this! I haven't been able to find anyone else I think is likely auditioning that isn't on here. Using this list, here's my take on likely auditionees and how I think things will go for them. 

Tori Skillings (@toriskillings) - maybe confirmed - liked an Insta comment about her reauditioning, barring disaster should make it

Cassie Schroeder (@cassieschroeder) - confirmed, might make TCC again but she's still not as clean or picking things up as quickly as I think K&J will want

Ashlinn Maze (@ashlinnmaze) - confirmed, barring disaster should make it - she's made STRIDES

Claire Doolin (@whoop_claire_it_is) - confirmed, but I'm VERY on the fence - some days she's good, some days she's still a bit of a mess, but she's upped her game for sure

Shannan Slattery (@shannanslattery) - likely, can't see why she would've stayed in Dallas if not to audition again, but I'm not convinced she'll make it

Lindsay Barnes (@lindsaymbarnes) - likely, doesn't have the power yet imo but I could see her making TCC

Crystal Rose (@crystalssglamour) - almost certainly auditioning, can't see her making TC - needs more time and cleaning

Alexa May (@alexamay13) - likely, and I think this could be her year! She's looked great at Jenn's classes

Bre Sweeny Harker (@breharker) - likely, could be a TCC contender but I don't think she'll make it this year

Anna Kate Sundvold (@annakatesundvold) - idk why but I just have this sneaking suspicion that she is ready to put the boots on and rock the stars with her sister this year. Caroline helped her and some of her teammates with filming auditions around the time that DCC auditions were opening - could have been for TCU but the timing was sussss

Madisyn Daniel (@madisyn_daniel) - I think she'll audition? But I don't see it yet, not enough power

Amanda Howard (@amanda__howard) - I think confirmed? I like her a lot, and she's got a great public personality, I think she'd be a good ambassador. Dance might be a little too rigid right now but I think she has potential

Aria Celine (@ariaceline) - confirmed in a previous Insta post from a Jenn class, I think she could make TCC but her rib tattoo may be problematic for her

Natalie Hillman (@nataliehillman23) - likely, could see TCC but doesn't stand out to me as a winner yet

Kennedy Stanley (@kennedyystanleyy) - confirmed in comments on Maddie's retirement post that she is auditioning, could see her making TCC but I think K&J will want her to go to college and come back - she's headed to UNT

Shawnee Weatherley (@shawnee.weatherley) - was counting down the days til she could tryout as of late 2019, so I think she's pretty confirmed lol. Can't see her making the team though, definitely needs some time. 

Darian Tisdale (@itsdariandarling) - possible, but nothing exceptionally convincing to say either way, could see her in finals (she was rivaling Ashlee's power in the Deja Vu class!) but think her body type will turn K&J off. pity, she's a powerhouse

Brittany Elle (@thebrittanyelle) - 99% sure she's confirmed, saw a post with her and a few other confirmeds recording auditions, she's the assistant director for AAIA and also did DMD so she def has the training, but she looked a lil rusty in the one Jenn class video I found with her

Katelyn Pittman (@_katelynpittman_) - confirmed, think she could make TCC this year but idk about actual team

Shelby Ranley (@shelbytyler_) - pretty certain considering her caption for her post about the Intensive, but can't find any videos so no idea about her chances

Aysia Watson (@aysiachanelle) - confirmed in comments on her Intensive post, can't find any videos of her dancing but idk how K&J will feel about a Hooters girl - could be in her favor, could very much not be

Kylie Snyder (@ksnydz2711) - pretty confirmed based on comments in her Intensive post, but I don't think DCC is really her style. (also funny story, she's dating the brother of a college friend of mine!)

Brooke Marvel (@brookemarvel) - she was in the photo with Caroline and Anna Kate where they were filming auditions so I think she's auditioning this year despite only being a freshman iirc, she def has the style but idk if she has the power this year

Amber Laiche (@amberlaiche) - almost definitely, she's been in a Jenn class at least weekly for the last four months, and I could see her having a real shot - her kicks are great, her style is there, the power is def there

Hannah Kalchthaler (@hannahlizkal) - pretty likely, think she might end up on one of the smaller Dallas teams first (AAIA? she's apparently close with Stockton) but has a decent shot

Melanie Parker (@Melpark111) - thought she was done but she's been in prep classes recently, might have a shot at TCC this year but her style still isn't where I think K&J would like it to be

Erin Erxleben  (@erinerxleben) - definitely confirmed in an Instagram post, style leaves something to be desired... but also posted in her story today that she's moving? and that her situation is temporary? does that sound like finals to y'all?? cuz it sounds like finals to me

Carlye Zeringue (@carlye_zeringue) - apparently confirmed as a semifinalist, Insta is private so can't find videos to see her chances

Maybes: Kennedy Jo Wright, Abby Stockton, Sarah Parton, Elaney Dominguez (all AAIAs who auditioned last year but haven't been spotted at any DCC classes this year to my knowledge)

Madeline Salter (thought she was done but then went to Intensive??)

Bailey Riley (don't know enough, private acct)

Kristyn Theriot, Hallie Reggio (both auditioned for TAMU dance this week so maybe were using DCC classes to prep for that?)

Trinity Tyson, Abbi (Florence) Quick (both still focused on school imo)

Jourdan Blight (won't return for a 2nd year on Baylor Songleaders, unclear if she was cut or just didn't audition... very confused)

Annellyse Munroe (cannot figure her out! She's all over the place - taking Jenn's class in person, taking class in Miami, dancing for the Knicks in the playoffs - where are you and what are you doingggggg)

Riley Berger (went to Intensive but super young and can't find any evidence she took class)

Edited by PepperM
additions
  • Useful 6
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I completely forget about Jessica, to be honest I forget about a few of last years rookies purely because of how the show was handled and it being shorter and a delayed showing. The ones I’ve not forgotten are Dani & Elli because they’re in Alanna’s stories as they live with her and are seem genuine and good dancers, Alora because she was focused on so much and Marissa because her annoying faced popped up EVERYWHERE and in the end I couldn’t stomach her. I also only remembered Sydney so that’s 5? The rest I forget 😕😳

If I remember correctly Kelli’s degree was in marketing 

Jessica was v forgettable during season but in classes recently, she's stepped up. Claire is my personal fave because of her power and the diversity of her training. Dani and Elli are up there for me too. Alora seems very sweet but I think she's getting homesick for NYC, and Marissa... I can't decide if I like her or not 😂 and Sydney's retiring, so I think it's okay if you don't remember her anymore lol

The others you're missing are Armani, Darian, Jada, and McKenzie. Imo Armani is the best of that group with McKenzie close behind, and McKenzie apparently won ROTY so she's got to be at least semi well-liked within the team

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Soooo you're my hero for compiling this! I haven't been able to find anyone else I think is likely auditioning that isn't on here. Using this list, here's my take on likely auditionees and how I think things will go for them. 

Tori Skillings (@toriskillings) - maybe confirmed - liked an Insta comment about her reauditioning, barring disaster should make it

Cassie Schroeder (@cassieschroeder) - confirmed, might make TCC again but she's still not as clean or picking things up as quickly as I think K&J will want

Ashlinn Maze (@ashlinnmaze) - confirmed, barring disaster should make it - she's made STRIDES

Claire Doolin (@whoop_claire_it_is) - confirmed, but I'm VERY on the fence - some days she's good, some days she's still a bit of a mess, but she's upped her game for sure

Shannan Slattery (@shannanslattery) - likely, can't see why she would've stayed in Dallas if not to audition again, but I'm not convinced she'll make it

Lindsay Barnes (@lindsaymbarnes) - likely, doesn't have the power yet imo but I could see her making TCC

Crystal Rose (@crystalssglamour) - almost certainly auditioning, can't see her making TC - needs more time and cleaning

Alexa May (@alexamay13) - likely, and I think this could be her year! She's looked great at Jenn's classes

Bre Sweeny Harker (@breharker) - likely, could be a TCC contender but I don't think she'll make it this year

Anna Kate Sundvold (@annakatesundvold) - idk why but I just have this sneaking suspicion that she is ready to put the boots on and rock the stars with her sister this year. Caroline helped her and some of her teammates with filming auditions around the time that DCC auditions were opening - could have been for TCU but the timing was sussss

Madisyn Daniel (@madisyn_daniel) - I think she'll audition? But I don't see it yet, not enough power

Amanda Howard (@amanda__howard) - I think confirmed? I like her a lot, and she's got a great public personality, I think she'd be a good ambassador. Dance might be a little too rigid right now but I think she has potential

Aria Celine (@ariaceline) - confirmed in a previous Insta post from a Jenn class, I think she could make TCC but her rib tattoo may be problematic for her

Natalie Hillman (@nataliehillman23) - likely, could see TCC but doesn't stand out to me as a winner yet

Kennedy Stanley (@kennedyystanleyy) - confirmed in comments on Maddie's retirement post that she is auditioning, could see her making TCC but I think K&J will want her to go to college and come back - she's headed to UNT

Shawnee Weatherley (@shawnee.weatherley) - was counting down the days til she could tryout as of late 2019, so I think she's pretty confirmed lol. Can't see her making the team though, definitely needs some time. 

Darian Tisdale (@itsdariandarling) - possible, but nothing exceptionally convincing to say either way, could see her in finals (she was rivaling Ashlee's power in the Deja Vu class!) but think her body type will turn K&J off. pity, she's a powerhouse

Brittany Elle (@thebrittanyelle) - 99% sure she's confirmed, saw a post with her and a few other confirmeds recording auditions, she's the assistant director for AAIA and also did DMD so she def has the training, but she looked a lil rusty in the one Jenn class video I found with her

Katelyn Pittman (@_katelynpittman_) - confirmed, think she could make TCC this year but idk about actual team

Shelby Ranley (@shelbytyler_) - pretty certain considering her caption for her post about the Intensive, but can't find any videos so no idea about her chances

Aysia Watson (@aysiachanelle) - confirmed in comments on her Intensive post, can't find any videos of her dancing but idk how K&J will feel about a Hooters girl - could be in her favor, could very much not be

Kylie Snyder (@ksnydz2711) - pretty confirmed based on comments in her Intensive post, but I don't think DCC is really her style. (also funny story, she's dating the brother of a college friend of mine!)

Brooke Marvel (@brookemarvel) - she was in the photo with Caroline and Anna Kate where they were filming auditions so I think she's auditioning this year despite only being a freshman iirc, she def has the style but idk if she has the power this year

Amber Laiche (@amberlaiche) - almost definitely, she's been in a Jenn class at least weekly for the last four months, and I could see her having a real shot - her kicks are great, her style is there, the power is def there

Hannah Kalchthaler (@hannahlizkal) - pretty likely, think she might end up on one of the smaller Dallas teams first (AAIA? she's apparently close with Stockton) but has a decent shot

Melanie Parker (@Melpark111) - thought she was done but she's been in prep classes recently, might have a shot at TCC this year but her style still isn't where I think K&J would like it to be

Erin Erxleben  (@erinerxleben) - definitely confirmed in an Instagram post, style leaves something to be desired... but also posted in her story today that she's moving? and that her situation is temporary? does that sound like finals to y'all?? cuz it sounds like finals to me

Maybes: Kennedy Jo Wright, Abby Stockton, Sarah Parton, Elaney Dominguez (all AAIAs who auditioned last year but haven't been spotted at any DCC classes this year to my knowledge)

Kristyn Theriot, Hallie Reggio (both auditioned for TAMU dance this week so maybe were using DCC classes to prep for that?)

Jourdan Blight (won't return for a 2nd year on Baylor Songleaders, unclear if she was cut or just didn't audition... very confused)

Annellyse Munroe (cannot figure her out! She's all over the place - taking Jenn's class in person, taking class in Miami, dancing for the Knicks in the playoffs - where are you and what are you doingggggg)

Riley Berger (went to Intensive but super young and can't find any evidence she took class)

I thought Erin Erxleben didn’t make it??

Do you have @carlye_zeringue on your list?  Supposedly in the second round.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I totally agree.  I was including Kelli as part of/the only part of the marketing dept.

Just now, scorpio1031 said:

I thought Erin Erxleben didn’t make it??

Do you have @carlye_zeringue on your list?  Supposedly in the second round.

I thought I read that too, but then her story today talked about a temporary move and now I don't know 😂 she said today was a bad day though so maybe she's referring to something else making her move

I don't! Lemme take a look... her Insta is private 😝 but Erin follows her along with lots of other hopefuls on this list, plus Stephanie DiBiase and NxtLvl Prep so it wouldn't surprise me 

2 minutes ago, PepperM said:

I thought I read that too, but then her story today talked about a temporary move and now I don't know 😂 she said today was a bad day though so maybe she's referring to something else making her move

I don't! Lemme take a look... her Insta is private 😝 but Erin follows her along with lots of other hopefuls on this list, plus Stephanie DiBiase and NxtLvl Prep so it wouldn't surprise me 

image.thumb.jpeg.21db186f0b638d106b9b0689bf2e1081.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Any word if Kelly Long will be back for auditions?

Edited by bernie2018
  • Love 3
Just now, bernie2018 said:

Any word if Kelly Long, will be back for auditions?

I wish! I loved her. No, her stories have been reeeeally focused on moving forward, brushing off setbacks, people being two-faced, etc. Don't know if that's to do with the DCC process or just whatever's happening in her personal life, but she's back in Kansas and hasn't been taking any pom classes since getting home. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, PepperM said:

LOL after last year's emotionless cut i'm surprised she even wants to come back. it seemed like she couldn't possibly care less. and i'd be shocked if kelli lets her back in, since she didn't grovel or cry or talk about how she's wanted to be a DCC since she was conceived. hell, didn't she say this was a backup plan because she couldn't dance on a ship? lmao

• Love 7
Just now, vanillagum said:

LOL after last year's emotionless cut i'm surprised she even wants to come back. it seemed like she couldn't possibly care less. and i'd be shocked if kelli lets her back in, since she didn't grovel or cry or talk about how she's wanted to be a DCC since she was conceived. hell, didn't she say this was a backup plan because she couldn't dance on a ship? lmao

100% with you on that one - confused the hell out of me when I started seeing her in classes. She's not on my list for TCC this year. 

7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.21db186f0b638d106b9b0689bf2e1081.jpeg

Follow requested! Will add to my list :)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PepperM said:

Carlye Zeringue (@carlye_zeringue) - apparently confirmed as a semifinalist, Insta is private so can't find videos to see her chances

Brittany Elle was not a Dallas Mavericks dancers she tried out for them but never made it !! 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

Any word if Kelly Long will be back for auditions?

I don’t think she is. She was called out on YouTube for speeding up her audition video to make herself look more powerful, and it not being real time. She has an IG story up about dance classes this summer which would conflict with TC. Also her last IG post is topless, TPTB would have a field day with that. Seems like to me she has moved on.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJezuRZgUg-/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Brittany Elle was not a Dallas Mavericks dancers she tried out for them but never made it !! 

She was this past season when the team was in the bubble and dancers were doing performances at home! Maybe they have a different name now that they're coed, my b

Edited by PepperM
clarification