Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day: The Single Life

• Start Topic

On 10/19/2021 at 12:16 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Why is Fernanda even on this show? She's a vapid, unintelligent bore, however much she thinks of herself as an irresistible temptress who leaves a trail of broken hearts and sighing men in her wake. Her flirting with her new "roommate" was so cringeworthy I had to avert my eyes. 

And who wears a cute, ruffly mini dress to MOVE? 

I cannot stand this stupid, dippy, thirsty ho. 

She could make more cash on Only Fans.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

It's usually best to not really talk about exes during the early dates. That's the time to get to know each other's likes, interests, hobbies, careers, hometown etc. The type of things that help determine whether you want there to be a third date, a fourth etc. Definitely NOT the time to talk about how your ex said you smelled down under!!! That guy is going to be mortified.

Omg, I was yelling at the TV! She should never have to tell him that! Why would he need to know? Her stupid ex said something hurtful and mean to her and she can't freaking get over it. Something seriously wrong with Dinyell. She has the emotional growth of a 5 year old with all the giggling, crying, waving her hands around.  Is she really in nursing school? Maybe she's learning how to clean bedpans but that's all I can see her doing. Surely she's not in an RN or LPN program, right? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Fernanda is going to fuck the roommate and then cry about it for the rest of the season.

Nailed it! Fernanda is positively giddy because she has a storyline and therefore more munificent checks from Sharp productions. Her thirst knows no bounds. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

• Regarding Big Ed: He is even creepier than I initially thought! Someday I'm going to see him on some crime show about how he keeps girls locked in his basement chamber. I hope not, but that's the kind of vibe he gives off.
  • Regarding Danielle: Why in the world would you bring THAT up on a second date??? Robert looked so uncomfortable. She could have just said "I was married briefly and it ended badly and a lot of accusations were flung around and I was badly hurt by the relationship."  I still think she has some mental disability or something. I find it hard to believe she is in nursing school.
Edited by applewood
trying to be more concise
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, applewood said:
  • Regarding Danielle: Why in the world would you bring THAT up on a second date??? Robert looked so uncomfortable. She could have just said "I was married briefly and it ended badly and a lot of accusations were flung around and I was badly hurt by the relationship."  I still think she has some mental disability or something. I find it hard to believe she is in nursing school.

All of this ^^^. Plus, it hurts me just watching her walk a couple of yards inside her house. How on earth is she going to work a job that requires you to be on your feet for an eight-hour shift (or longer) every day? My niece, in her twenties and a former gymnast--so she's tiny and young and very fit--is a nurse, and sometimes she's wiped out at the end of the workday. I can't imagine Danielle pulling that off, seeing how painful it looks as she lumbers around. Isn't this a disqualifying thing in a nursing career?

• Love 6

I'm new to the show, so could somebody help me out with a few questions please?

Colt's girlfriend (Vanessa?), who seems like a very nice, normal person, is a) in love with Colt and b) concerned about not having frequent enough sex with Colt (Lord, give me strength) that he may cheat on her? Have I understood this correctly? There are enough women in the US who are willing to have sex with Colt that this is a concern? 

Is this for real, or is this a manufactured storyline for the show? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Jel said:

I'm new to the show, so could somebody help me out with a few questions please?

Colt's girlfriend (Vanessa?), who seems like a very nice, normal person, is a) in love with Colt and b) concerned about not having frequent enough sex with Colt (Lord, give me strength) that he may cheat on her? Have I understood this correctly? There are enough women in the US who are willing to have sex with Colt that this is a concern? 

Is this for real, or is this a manufactured storyline for the show? 

Colt cheated with Vanessa on both Larissa (I think) and Jessica (definitely), so it is possible.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Colt cheated with Vanessa on both Larissa (I think) and Jessica (definitely), so it is possible.

Wow, thank you, Gobi. But, are you aware of any not-thirsty-to-be on- a-tv- show women?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Jel said:

Wow, thank you, Gobi. But, are you aware of any not-thirsty-to-be on- a-tv- show women?

He may have cheated on earlier girlfriends, but I’m not sure.

• Love 1

Danielle looked really nice on her axe throwing date.  Much better than the awkward extensions and goofy barrettes that her friends did to her.

I'm sure that she was told to talk about the smell issue because she was so upset "having" to do it.  Robert seems like a nice guy, maybe a touch above her league but also down to earth and seeming to be an overall decent human.

• Love 8
On 10/20/2021 at 8:50 PM, bichonblitz said:

Omg, I was yelling at the TV! She should never have to tell him that! Why would he need to know? Her stupid ex said something hurtful and mean to her and she can't freaking get over it. Something seriously wrong with Dinyell. She has the emotional growth of a 5 year old with all the giggling, crying, waving her hands around.  Is she really in nursing school? Maybe she's learning how to clean bedpans but that's all I can see her doing. Surely she's not in an RN or LPN program, right? 

She is in nursing school, which is very unfortunate.

Danielle's date seems like a nice guy. 

I couldn't care less about Brittney. She is so boring. I do love the Pillow Talk with her ex and his interpreter, though!

Ed is the creepiest of the creepy. How does Liz muster the strength to kiss him? She's pretty but has zero personality. 

Coltee and Vanessa. Wow, took Vanessa a long time to say yes to his proposal. Nah, she didn't want to say yes. The camera made her do it. 

Molly and whatshisname- even if she reversed her tubes being tied (is that possible)? Why are they avoiding the elephant in the room which is that she is already 45 and is probably 95% too old to get pregnant naturally? You have to have good eggs for surrogacy if they could even afford that. It ain't happening so say your goodbyes now and move on. 

• Love 4

Why do I feel like I've already seen the Tell Nothing?  Wasn't it already broadcast, maybe in some promotion for Discovery Plus?  I'm sure that Ed and Liz were there and that's when the audio of their phone call was circulating shortly after.

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Chloe Dog said:

Why do I feel like I've already seen the Tell Nothing?  Wasn't it already broadcast, maybe in some promotion for Discovery Plus?  I'm sure that Ed and Liz were there and that's when the audio of their phone call was circulating shortly after.

The Single Life was on Discovery Plus, so I imagine that the Tell Nothing was also.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I am looking forward to the Tell All, but then watching them I am disappointed. I could not look away the morning after where Brittany's weave was coming off her head. Oh Dinyell, so awkward. She is like a kid, I got 2 kisses, not one but two..how did she raise kids with that intellect or lack thereof. Molly just needs to cut ties with the guy, why didn't she spend more time on the phone with him discussing the wants of their futures before they fall in love? Colt is just gross, he and his  man boobs need to go far away. I just want to smack Big Ed, he is just so gross and pushy. I noticed the nice big bald spot on his head, no wonder he is trying to grow his mayonnaise hair to cover it. I wonder what Liz's family thinks of this douche?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

The scene at the beach with Ed and Liz…it was such a gray day, and they said it was cold. Not the day you would choose to go to the beach, but that’s what the script said so…

I was not a fan of Liz’s swimsuit and more so when it got wet. Then when I learned Ed picked it out/bought it for her, I didn’t even feel bad for not liking it.

• LOL 6

I don’t understand Danielle’s compulsion to share her odor issue. Just because Mohamed  claimed he noticed one did not mean it was true. He had zero interest in any intimacy with her - just enough to make the marriage legal.

If there was any kind of odor that was not normal, it could just be a simple fix to take a washcloth with warm soapy water and clean oneself off. If she uses a bath sponge, wash it once a week in the hot wash cycle. And use soap and not gel. Visit the doctor to see if she needs antibiotics. But nope, sabotage any relationship before it starts by mentioning it.

Brittany, you expect that a guy you ghosted 3 times might not be as in to you? Uh yeah.

Vanessa, you were smart to want a year long engagement before marrying Colt.

Ed, you are really hung up on wanting to call yourself someone’s boyfriend. Too bad Liz is overlooking some red flags. Maybe meet her kid before having her live with you.

Molly, if Kelly wants his own kids, let him go. Don’t let your young daughter get too attached to him.  You can love him but you do not have to have a relationship with him where he feels cheated. Find a guy who has kids but doesn’t want more. Or a single guy who doesn’t want kids.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I don’t understand Danielle’s compulsion to share her odor issue.

I don't understand why she had to be so graphic. (Especially on her second date!) All she needed to say was that Mohammed made comments about her "personal hygiene" or something vague like that that undermined her self-confidence. 

I see from the previews that Mohammed will be confronted again at the Tell All. How many apologies does Danielle require? LET IT GO! Move on with Robert and he can form his own opinions about your odor or lack thereof. 

• Love 6

Where to begin with this episode?

Danielle never ceases to amaze me with her sparkling conversation. Body odor!?? Does the woman have any hobbies? Oh yeah, making mix CDs.

Colt, Colt, Colt! Getting engaged after a month? Doesn't he ever learn?

Then there's Ed. Ed should never pick out clothes for anyone. That swimsuit was ugly. And asking her to move in after what two months? I feel sorry for her daughter.

Then there's Molly and Kelly sitting in a tree. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby sitting in a baby carriage. Um, scratch that last part. Why did they never discuss children before it got this serious? And Kelly must realize that her chances of conceiving at 45 are slim. Unless they want to do IVF or adopt. But Molly doesn't even seem to want another kid.

• Love 5

Ugh, I just can't decide who is worse, Coltee or Big Pred.  You've got one of them whining that they get separation anxiety like a damn dog, and the other humping you every 6 hours (also like a damn dog).  Yuck yuck yuck.  Either one of these creeps would put me in a mental institution or prison.

I don't mean to insult dogs, I love dogs...

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

I'm wondering if Hallmark gets a royalty every time Ed delivers one of his poetic platitudes: "You light up my world" or "Am I your forever?" or "Warm get-well wishes to you from all the gang at the office." Bats eyelashes winsomely.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

How does Liz muster the strength to kiss him? She's pretty but has zero personality. 

Someone on PT said that when he's creeping or pushing, she may say something, but she gives in every time. That is so off-putting to me. The new brunette hair is aging, as someone said. I bet PrEd told her to change it. I'm a brunette and go for highlights once or twice a year as a treat. Hers were lovely. But no, "I'll have the Morticia Addams, a level or two lighter."   

I've developed a Pavlovian response of nausea and existential dread every time that Big PrEd walking opener lands on my screen like a heliotrope blimp. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I'm wondering if Hallmark gets a royalty every time Ed delivers one of his poetic platitudes: "You light up my world" or "Am I your forever?" or "Warm get-well wishes to you from all the gang at the office." Bats eyelashes winsomely.

Is there a copyright on the phrase "I'm just kidding."?

• Love 4
On 10/21/2021 at 11:08 AM, applewood said:
  • Regarding Big Ed: He is even creepier than I initially thought! Someday I'm going to see him on some crime show about how he keeps girls locked in his basement chamber. I hope not, but that's the kind of vibe he gives off.

Omg I agree with you about both of them. But I really think Danielle has emotional problems! BIG TIME.  I can't stand to watch ed, gag, GAG!

Danielle may be studying to be a practical nurse. Not much to that. A step above the orderlies. I'm not being disrespectful, just know how hospital's work.  When she was crying, she kept wiping her nose on her hands. ewww

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Not sure if Hallmark gets anything, but my gag reflex responds every time!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 10/26/2021 at 2:38 AM, magemaud said:

Ed with his lame “separation anxiety” excuse sounds like a four year old who got lost at the mall. 

or a puppy.

And can I just say- add me to the club of viewers who see zero ( less than zero actually) chemistry or attraction on her part towards Ed.

Edited by Polliwollidoodle
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Mine were cut, tied AND burnt - no reversal here.  There is a reason it is called permanent.

Which makes it even more ridiculous that they are having a baby conversation. Buddy, you waited till you were 41 to want kids so maybe you should say in your dating profile that you are seeking women in their 30's and that you want kids!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Which makes it even more ridiculous that they are having a baby conversation. Buddy, you waited till you were 41 to want kids so maybe you should say in your dating profile that you are seeking women in their 30's and that you want kids!

And if I were ever on a dating profile, even back in my late 30's - "Yeah....NO MORE KIDS.  EVER."  Make it clear up front, please.

• Love 1

Thoughts:

• Coltee and his revolting filthy glasses at the proposal are a whole mood: apathy.
  • Terence, run for the hills! Brittany and her braces are not at all ready for a commitment!
  • I thought Liz was gonna come to her senses and say no to moving in but she actually said yes. Liz you have a child. Do not rush to move in with some man you started dating 2 months ago.
  • Ed is 125% the type of guy to love any girl he's dating after a month and half of dating. And stalk her.
  • Why is no one telling Danielle she doesn't need to tell a dude on first or second date someone said she had a stinky vagina?!?!?!?! She would do better on this date if she didn’t turn Robert into her personal therapist. Also, she’s told EVERYONE on a regular basis via international television. Man, Robert is too good for TLC life.
  • Kelly should hook up with Ukraine Natalie next season. Natalie wants a baby and she has plenty of eggs and she can tote them!
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Ed is 125% the type of guy to love any girl he's dating after a month and half of dating. And stalk her.

Month and half?  Friend, you are WAAAAY too generous.  I would say after two dates he would be ready for "Your Worst Nightmare" on Investigation Discovery.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Molly, if Kelly wants his own kids, let him go. Don’t let your young daughter get too attached to him.  You can love him but you do not have to have a relationship with him where he feels cheated. Find a guy who has kids but doesn’t want more. Or a single guy who doesn’t want kids.

In Kelly's shoes I would have run, not walked, away once she revealed herself to be a crazy stalker who leaped to conclusions. "Is this your child?" "No" "Are you sure?". What the fuck?  "I just creeped on your Insta and your friends' Instas trying to catch you in a lie". Bitch is scooters. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

And can I just say- add me to the club of viewers who see zero ( less than zero actually) chemistry or attraction on her part towards Ed.

Most of the time she looks like she's on her way to a root canal appointment, or walking past the local dump. She's trying to keep her expression neutral but sometimes the distaste and trepidation sneak in. 

Danielle could just say "I'm still recovering from a bad breakup and my ex said some very hurtful things". But she never does. I think the poor simple minded thing is prodded into full TMI disclosure by those oh so supportive production assistants who are never far away. "Come on Danielle, tell your side! Take control of the narrative! You owe it to your date to come clean about this and not let him find out from someone else!" That's why she's so tearful. She doesn't necessarily want to do it. But they egg her on and talk her into it. 

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

In Kelly's shoes I would have run, not walked, away once she revealed herself to be a crazy stalker who leaped to conclusions. "Is this your child?" "No" "Are you sure?". What the fuck?  "I just creeped on your Insta and your friends' Instas trying to catch you in a lie". Bitch is scooters. 

I love the "Are you sure" part.  Yeah I am sure, bitch, now go away.  Look, my hubs was a first time groom at age 52, never married, no kids.  He had a, how shall we say, active dating life back in the day, lol.  I asked him, once, "Do you think you have a kid out there?"  He said no, it would have been brought to his attention by now.  Subject dropped.  Did I stalk his ex's IG, Twitter and or FB?  No.  

3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

"Are you sure?"

Just because I like to perseverate, my first husband's legal name was a nickname of a more formal name.  I was once booking a trip and when they asked for his legal name, I said it.  She actually asked me "Are you sure?"  I was like......buh bye.  I think I know his legal name.  Business......elsewhere.

On 10/27/2021 at 12:16 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Month and half?  Friend, you are WAAAAY too generous.  I would say after two dates he would be ready for "Your Worst Nightmare" on Investigation Discovery.

Yeah, I think you are more accurate, my friend.

• Love 1
On 10/28/2021 at 3:37 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Just because I like to perseverate, my first husband's legal name was a nickname of a more formal name.  I was once booking a trip and when they asked for his legal name, I said it.  She actually asked me "Are you sure?"  I was like......buh bye.  I think I know his legal name.  Business......elsewhere.

A friend of mine is Ukrainian. Born in Ukraine, lived there till she was 18. Guy comes up to her in a store and asks her if she's Polish. "No" she replies. "Are you sure?" he says. Sheesh. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

A friend of mine is Ukrainian. Born in Ukraine, lived there till she was 18. Guy comes up to her in a store and asks her if she's Polish. "No" she replies. "Are you sure?" he says. Sheesh. 

Many years ago I got a wrong number (land line). The caller was looking for someone with an unusual last name. I told him no one with that named lived here. He then said, “What if I spell it for you?”

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Many years ago I got a wrong number (land line). The caller was looking for someone with an unusual last name. I told him no one with that named lived here. He then said, “What if I spell it for you?”

I have a very common, "color" last name. At one point we were getting lots of calls from debt collectors for someone whose name sounded similar to mine, with the same last name. I kept saying "No, no one here by that name. This has been my number since 1986. No. No one. Ever" and so on. One time someone asked "Well, do you know her?"

• LOL 3