Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Maybe the kids needed to be reminded of the $40,000 a month she provides them. 🤷‍♀️

She's their mother. It's her job to provide for them financially. They are both underage CHILDREN.

In general, children aren't "grateful" for parents' financial assistance because they feel (rightly) that it's due to them. WHen they're grown up that's another story. But right now both are minors. 

I find it very troubling that Britney continues to put their business out there when they've asked her to stop. I can understand her racy IG photos, quick marriage, and partying as normal ways she's acting out after the conservatorship was dissolved. But putting her kids' business out there is on another level.

• Applause 7
  • Love 9

I think the kids have been dealing with their mother's craziness for years and have had enough. No need for conspiracy theories or accusations her children have been brainwashed. There are people in my family I loved, but didn't like and tried to see as little as possible. They've been forced to realize that at a young age.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

She's their mother. It's her job to provide for them financially. They are both underage CHILDREN.

In general, children aren't "grateful" for parents' financial assistance because they feel (rightly) that it's due to them. WHen they're grown up that's another story. But right now both are minors. 

I find it very troubling that Britney continues to put their business out there when they've asked her to stop. I can understand her racy IG photos, quick marriage, and partying as normal ways she's acting out after the conservatorship was dissolved. But putting her kids' business out there is on another level.

They’re only minors for a couple more years. They may still want her help. And most kids don’t get $40,000 a MONTH.

6 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I think the kids have been dealing with their mother's craziness for years and have had enough. No need for conspiracy theories or accusations her children have been brainwashed. There are people in my family I loved, but didn't like and tried to see as little as possible. They've been forced to realize that at a young age.

She has a disease, like any other. She’s not “crazy.” Someone needs explain that to them. Mental illness isn’t a moral or personal failing, it’s a disease like any other. Bipolar disease is a chronic, serious  disease that can be extremely difficult to manage. Would they be refusing to see her if she had cancer? 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, AstridM said:

They’re only minors for a couple more years. They may still want her help. And most kids don’t get $40,000 a MONTH.

But that's been their reality so why should they expect different? It's not as if they grew up dirt poor and Britney was scraping to put together child support. She's always had money and so that's what the kids know.

And again, the parental relationship usually does not revolve around financial support.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

She’s their parent. That’s her responsibility.  When your teenage kids seem more mature than you then you have a serious problem. My sympathy only goes so far and in my opinion she comes across as a spoiled, selfish, narcissist. She lost me when her free Britney army began sending messages to Jamie Lynn hoping her daughter would be raped and she said not boo about it. Her fans have been bad mouthing her sons all over social media for a while now but she doesn’t care because they praise her and that’s all she cares about.  

Hard to be spoiled when you’ve been controlled by someone else throughout most of your adult life. She’s the one who earned her own money. She’s not responsible for what any fans say on SM. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, AstridM said:

She has a disease, like any other. She’s not “crazy.” Someone needs explain that to them. Mental illness isn’t a moral or personal failing, it’s a disease like any other. Bipolar disease is a chronic, serious  disease that can be extremely difficult to manage.

Knowing that it is a disease doesn’t protect kids from the very real trauma and pain. They have every right to distance themselves if it is what they need. Of course being cut off financially once they are adults may be the consequences of their actions. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Maybe the kids needed to be reminded of the $40,000 a month she provides them. 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, WhitneyWhit said:

She’s their parent. That’s her responsibility.  When your teenage kids seem more mature than you then you have a serious problem. My sympathy only goes so far and in my opinion she comes across as a spoiled, selfish, narcissist. She lost me when her free Britney army began sending messages to Jamie Lynn hoping her daughter would be raped and she said not boo about it. Her fans have been bad mouthing her sons all over social media for a while now but she doesn’t care because they praise her and that’s all she cares about.  

1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I'm not a parent, but it seems to me if the barometer of what you're judging your skills as a mother is how much money you spend on your kids, then you're a bad mother.

• Like 1
  • Love 15
37 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Hard to be spoiled when you’ve been controlled by someone else throughout most of your adult life. She’s the one who earned her own money. She’s not responsible for what any fans say on SM. 

She's earned her money, but she also has a responsibility to her kids. Honestly, I find the way Britney unleashes her huge SM following against the people who are on her shit list in her personal life gross. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 10

Just catching up on the car crash that is the don’t worry darling press tour and question, is Chris Pine transitioning?

He’s always been a very unisex dresser but in recent years I feel he’s gone towards a more feminine look and at the DWD press tour he looks like he reminds me a bit of Caitlin Jenner before it was all official but we were speculating. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, AstridM said:

She has a disease, like any other. She’s not “crazy.” Someone needs explain that to them. Mental illness isn’t a moral or personal failing, it’s a disease like any other. Bipolar disease is a chronic, serious  disease that can be extremely difficult to manage. Would they be refusing to see her if she had cancer? 

If their mother had cancer and was speaking out against them on social media, then, yes, I think it is their choice not to see her.  Yes, Brittney has an illness, a chronic disease like high blood pressure or diabetes or MS; but it seems pretty obvious that, at this point, she is choosing not to treat it or choosing inadequate treatment.  Yes, it is complex because the disease itself can cause the patient to not realize they need treatment; but it is what it is and Britney's kids are allowed to avoid contact with her when her illness causes her to act out against them.  

I hope her sons, at least, are getting counselling.  It's tough to think that your mother is going to continue to air your grievances publicly and sic her followers on you for years to come.

I say this as someone with a bipolar relative who didn't get sick until I was already an adult in my mid 20's.  He's said and done some things while sick that are pretty hard to forget.  I don't think it is wrong for Britney's kids to avoid her when she is so willing to hurt them again and again. 

Her complaint about her younger son was that he slept all the time during their visits?  Ask most mothers of teens and they'll tell you their kids are not all that interested in warm and fuzzy fun times with mom and dad and that they sleep a lot.  It seems like Britney is angry that this kid didn't do what she wanted to do during his visit.  

• Like 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Just catching up on the car crash that is the don’t worry darling press tour and question, is Chris Pine transitioning?

He’s always been a very unisex dresser but in recent years I feel he’s gone towards a more feminine look and at the DWD press tour he looks like he reminds me a bit of Caitlin Jenner before it was all official but we were speculating. 

Not sure about that. I have been keeping with all the other drama. The fact that Florence Pugh completely avoided eye contact with Olivia Wilde during the standing ovation at the end of the movie. They way they had them lined up for pics on the red carpet with several people in between them. I also saw a video were it looked like someone on the carpet tried to get Harry Styles to stand next to Olivia and he refused to move. Poor Chris Pine and Gemma Chan were the buffers in between them. I also saw several videos/pics of Chris where he seemed completely tuned out to the interviews around him. Oh and apparently Nick Kroll (who I had no idea was in this movie) and Harry kissed during the standing ovation. Olivia made a face when he did this which is causing people to speculate she and Harry broke up.

At this point I want a movie about all the behind the scenes drama of this movie. Someone on Twitter said Ryan Murphy is already working on a Feud: Don't Worry Darling season 😂

• Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I say this as someone with a bipolar relative who didn't get sick until I was already an adult in my mid 20's.  He's said and done some things while sick that are pretty hard to forget.  I don't think it is wrong for Britney's kids to avoid her when she is so willing to hurt them again and again. 

I wonder if the way different people feel about the situation depends upon whether or not they can put themselves in Britney's kids shoes. I grew up with a mentally ill mother. She's been fine for years now. I don't know if it was finally getting on the right medication or what, but it was part of my childhood trauma. Even if some stuff is beyond their control, doesn't make it any easier to be their child. It's especially hurtful when you're really young, and you don't know your mother has a problem. You just think your mother hates you. 

I feel for Britney because she's been used and abused by the people who were supposed to love and protect her. It is disgusting. It is heartbreaking. I don't know how her family can sleep at night using her as a show pony and not seeing her as a human. 

I still feel bad for her kids because they are still just kids. Even things like the fact she likes to take her clothes off on IG. For adult Britney fans, it's no big deal. But I can understand if you're a boy in high school and she's your mom, it's not as easy to dismiss. 

I wish Kevin would stop being so public with all this. I hope Sam is a good guy and someone Britney can finally trust with her life. I used to think, well at least she has her boys if her parents and siblings aren't there for her. It's sad those relationships are strained, but hopefully they will get it together. Teens and their parents often butt heads. It's not specific to having a superstar mom or someone with Britney's struggles. 

• Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

Welp, the Don't Worry Darling drama continues to deliver at the Venice Film Festival.  Twitter was in fine form this weekend, between all the Chris Pine memes, Miss Flo looking spectacular and her unceremoniously leaving mid-clap during the standing O after the movie was over without seeming to even speak to Olivia at all, Nick Kroll and Jemma Chan looking like they are just there for the free food, and maybe Harry Styles spit on Chris Pine  (people are watching the footage of the supposed loogie like it is the Zapruder film).  Apparently Florence did not attend the press conference (where it seemed most of the questions were about the BTS stuff) and Chris Pine was giving some completely 'over it' energy. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Makai said:

Knowing that it is a disease doesn’t protect kids from the very real trauma and pain. They have every right to distance themselves if it is what they need.

100%.  Britney being mentally ill doesn't mean she isn't hurting people with her actions.  When my son was using drugs he would say and do some pretty hurtful things.  Once he got clean he apologized for his behavior.  One hopes if Britney does what is necessary to help her mental illness she can have a healthy relationship with her sons.  Mental illness can explain hurtful actions but I don't think they excuse them.  

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Anduin said:

Yes, all good points. People seem to want her to be perfect now she's free. People in general aren't perfect, especially when they've spent most of their lives being mistreated and exploited. My whole thing is, let her be herself. Let her screw up and learn from the experience. Don't keep undermining her.

I don't want her to be perfect.  I do, however, want to her show some common sense and stop talking about her kids on social media AFTER they've asked her to stop.

14 hours ago, AstridM said:

Maybe the kids needed to be reminded of the $40,000 a month she provides them.

Maybe she needs to be reminded that she's the adult and they're the children.

14 hours ago, Enero said:

Her speaking on her kids is unfortunate, and wrong,  I feel terrible for them, but their father is the one who opened Pandora’s Box with the interview he did then followed up by the video he posted on SM of her arguing with them.  His actions has essentially turned this situation into a public mess for all involved. 

And they both have the choice of not continuing to make it a public mess.

13 hours ago, AstridM said:

Bipolar disease is a chronic, serious  disease that can be extremely difficult to manage. Would they be refusing to see her if she had cancer? 

If she was posting about them on social media after they'd asked her not to do so, I imagine they'd be pretty reluctant to see her no matter what disease she had.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11

I haven't weighed in on the Florence Pugh/Olivia Wilde thing because I don't really care, but things have gotten so crazy over the past 24 hours that I finally read a timeline on what happened and who said what.  Basically, Shia left and whether he was fired or quit is a he said/she said thing, except for the fact that he aired a video of Olivia asking him to come back and suggesting that there was tension between him and Florence.  And somehow, that turned into "Olivia and Flo hate each other!"  AYFKM?  What am I missing?  Did the explanation I read get it wrong?  Did it leave something out? It all sounds crazy to me.

• Love 1

I wish I had the ability to ignore the very presence of co-workers I can’t stand. Instead, I just go full Chris Pine. 

I really don’t care about Olivia, or Harry, or Florence. I’ve not seen Florence or Olivia in any films. I wouldn’t know a Harry Styles song if I heard it. I’m interested in the film for Chris Pine and Gemma Chan and because it’s visually appealing. However, I’m kind of hoping it gets Oscar buzz so this promotional trainwreck can keep wrecking. 

• LOL 12
27 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I haven't weighed in on the Florence Pugh/Olivia Wilde thing because I don't really care, but things have gotten so crazy over the past 24 hours that I finally read a timeline on what happened and who said what.  Basically, Shia left and whether he was fired or quit is a he said/she said thing, except for the fact that he aired a video of Olivia asking him to come back and suggesting that there was tension between him and Florence.  And somehow, that turned into "Olivia and Flo hate each other!"  AYFKM?  What am I missing?  Did the explanation I read get it wrong?  Did it leave something out? It all sounds crazy to me.

The Olivia and Florence thing happened before the video was released. For months Florence has been avoiding promoting the movie and when she does she praises everything but Olivia. 
There are a lot of reasons for the drama being thrown around. Like Olivia pressured Florence into rehearsing to placate Shia during the height of covid and then tried to frame it as her firing him to protect Florence. That Harry was paid substantially more than Florence to come in as the replacement even though he has very little acting experience and she is the lead. That Olivia’s relationship with Harry caused her to drop the ball as director and Florence had to shoulder the burden. And Olivia is in the press playing up the movie has a celebration of female sexuality while Florence in trying to downplay the sex scenes. I suspect the truth is a combination of all of the above. 

7 minutes ago, Dani said:

The Olivia and Florence thing happened before the video was leaked. For months Florence has been avoiding promoting the movie and when she does she praises everything but Olivia. 
There are a lot of reasons for the drama being thrown around. Like Olivia pressured Florence into rehearsing to placate Shia during the height of covid and then tried to frame it her firing him to protect Florence. That Harry was paid substantially more than Florence to come in as the replacement even though he has very little acting experience and she is the lead. That Olivia’s relationship with Harry caused her to drop the ball as director and Florence had to shoulder the burden. And Olivia is in the press playing up the movie has a celebration of female sexuality while Florence in trying to downplay the sex scenes. I suspect the truth is a combination of all of the above. 

There's also a contingent of people with nothing else to do who analyze everything Florence and Olivia do on Instagram and can determine Florence's mindset  based off what Flo is and is not posting who she follows or doesn't follow, etc.  I saw some tweet to the effect of "well Florence shared Gemma's post on her Instagram stories but she did not share Olivia's therefore Florence has some beef with Olivia."  I really do not understand the leaps of logic here, but apparently a celebrity must follow all of his/her/their co-stars and directors for every project and repost a very specific list of posts from these individuals.  If he/she/they does not, then it means there's a feud going on behind the scenes.  Of course this line of reasoning only works if you believe that every celebrity on Instagram is the one posting and not an assistant or other paid team member; also that celebrities have some special Instagram algorithm that shows them every relevant post for them to respond.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

If he/she/they does not, then it means there's a feud going on behind the scenes.

Oh honey that isn't just celebrities.  I have seen people I know have family drama over someone not getting tagged or someone not liking a post. Social media has turned grown ass adults into children.

• Applause 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Apparently Florence did not attend the press conference (where it seemed most of the questions were about the BTS stuff)

She was filming Dune in Budapest so that was her reason for an impeccably timed entrance that got her there for contractual premiere promotion but gently avoided the press conference. 

Another crazy part of this is the stylists for Pugh and Wilde getting in on the action.  Pugh's posted a pic of part of her outfit and titled the post Miss Flo while Wilde's made a vague post about there's more to the story.

6 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

I wish I had the ability to ignore the very presence of co-workers I can’t stand. Instead, I just go full Chris Pine. 

In spite of the spitting incident,  I don't think there's any animosity between these two.  That said, one thing that completely surprised me is what a dolt Harry has sounded like in interviews about this movie.  I don't particularly follow him but I had gotten the impression he was cool and had a sly sense of humor.

But oof some of his responses were just gibberish and I no longer hold that opinion.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, bluegirl147 said:

Social media has turned grown ass adults into children.

In the past 7 days, my mother (80) had discovered tiktok. She texts me things like, "Did you see that tiktok video of that girl wearing that pink thing?" And then gets pissed at me when I tell her I have no idea what she's talking about. JamMom still has all of her mental faculties, drives, lives alone, etc, but I should have watched every tiktok video so we can discuss or I'm some how not interested in her life. Yeah...I want to smack the stb-nephew-in-law for loading that app on her phone.

I thought the Wilde/Pugh thing had to do with Wilde's custody fight with her ex who is a friend of Pugh's? I dunno, but if it's truly Shia LaGetTheFuckOffMyScreen based or has to do with pay inequity, I might actually care. I mean, not enough to have skin in that game, but enough to like one side more than the other. 

Do female directors actually get to make the call on pay scale? I'm sure if you're Spielberg...or hell, even Ben Affleck, you probably have pull along those lines. But female directors seen to have to scrape and claw for every bit of authority and power they can get in a film. 

• LOL 8

A lot of what's being said is based on rumors and conjecture because none of the people involved have actually come out and said "this is what happened and why I have a problem." I do think there is definitely an issue between Florence and Olivia because if there wasn't and they were all good, they would have happily smiled and posed together on the red carpet and none if this would be happening. Florence also isn't shy about calling people out on her Instagram so if all truly was kosher with Olivia, I think Florence would have addressed it and said "these rumors are silly, I love Olivia." The fact that she hasn't and she completely avoided her speaks volumes to me.

For what it's worth, Olivia said that the pay disparity rumors were not true. But who knows. I don't believe any director would have a say in what an actor gets paid. That would be between the actor, the studio and their agent. Unless the director really wants a specific actor for a role and they tell the studio to "pay them what they want" but ultimately it would be up to the studio and their agent to come to a deal and the actor to agree to it. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I thought the Wilde/Pugh thing had to do with Wilde's custody fight with her ex who is a friend of Pugh's? I dunno, but if it's truly Shia LaGetTheFuckOffMyScreen based or has to do with pay inequity, I might actually care. I mean, not enough to have skin in that game, but enough to like one side more than the other. 

I only know what I read here because like you I'm not invested in this story but I guess Olivia made it a point to say she fired Shia and made it look like she was concerned with his behavior on set but then Shia has a video of her asking him to stay on the project.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I only know what I read here because like you I'm not invested in this story but I guess Olivia made it a point to say she fired Shia and made it look like she was concerned with his behavior on set but then Shia has a video of her asking him to stay on the project.

Well, I don't trust anything Shia says or presents. As an employer that pretty much fired someone a couple weeks ago and yet she submitted a resignation, and she thinks I wanted her to stay, that's not enough to convince me that Wilde is in the wrong. Convincing people that you want to fire that they are actually quitting is a skill most employers have learned. 

But you know, she hired Shia in the first place, so she has some pretty terrible judgment.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Welp, the Don't Worry Darling drama continues to deliver at the Venice Film Festival.  Twitter was in fine form this weekend, between all the Chris Pine memes, Miss Flo looking spectacular and her unceremoniously leaving mid-clap during the standing O after the movie was over without seeming to even speak to Olivia at all, Nick Kroll and Jemma Chan looking like they are just there for the free food, and maybe Harry Styles spit on Chris Pine  (people are watching the footage of the supposed loogie like it is the Zapruder film).  Apparently Florence did not attend the press conference (where it seemed most of the questions were about the BTS stuff) and Chris Pine was giving some completely 'over it' energy. 

Twitter has been so much fun the last couple of days and it’s all due to the BTS drama. The Zapruder stuff about Harry spitting on Chris is particularly hilarious.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

Well, I don't trust anything Shia says or presents. As an employer that pretty much fired someone a couple weeks ago and yet she submitted a resignation, and she thinks I wanted her to stay, that's not enough to convince me that Wilde is in the wrong. Convincing people that you want to fire that they are actually quitting is a skill most employers have learned. 

But you know, she hired Shia in the first place, so she has some pretty terrible judgment.

I don’t trust Shia either or care about that whole situation. The reason I think video reflects so badly on Olivia is that she is pretty dismissive of Florence saying it will be a wake up call for “Miss Flo”. It also wasn’t a conversation but a video she recorded of herself and sent to him. 

1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

Yeah, I don't care about the movie only I am getting huge entertainment out of all of the conspiracy theories and 'body language' experts who are sussing out all the beefs* between the cast members.

It’s very entertaining. 

I think another wrinkle is that Olivia Wilde kind of played up animosity between Shia and Flo.  Then Shia released a bunch of texts between Shia and Flo that show them being nothing but friendly, constantly wanting to meet up and talk, but Flo not being able to only because she had to attend a funeral.  I don't even know if they ever met in person.

I understand that Shia is an abuser and not trustworthy, but............ he's releasing the receipts because he's not happy with how Olivia is framing things.

Superficially (or, even more so) both Chris Pine and Florence look so beautiful at that premiere!  I love their style.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I find it very troubling that Britney continues to put their business out there when they've asked her to stop.

Same. Yes, she has every right to make horrible choices, she has every right to make horrible choices that harm her children, but they have every right to never speak to her again and I wouldn't blame them for it. 

I remember her from way back in her Mickey Mouse days and it is so hard to see what she became. Sadly, I'm starting to think it's too late for her to change. If her own children can't get through to her, I can't really see anyone else being able to. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Yeah the racy photos made me cringe, but nothing shocking. The whole family going back and forth publicly is sad and can't be healthy for any one of them. I don't think it's fair that some fans expect more maturity from Britney's kids than Britney herself because they're presumably healthy. They're kids. For some reason, despite her adult image, 17-year-old Britney was always seen as somewhat of a little girl despite being only one year shy of being a legal adult when her career exploded. I get it to a degree because it was still extremely young, and her brain had several more years to fully form. But how come her 15 and 16-year-olds boys are somehow old enough to perfectly handle their crazy lives? Jayden isn't even old enough to drive. It's great to give grace to Britney because of all her trauma, but the same grace should be given to her minor kids imo. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

For some reason, despite her adult image, 17-year-old Britney was always seen as somewhat of a little girl

As a little girl, yes, but also as an extremely sexualized one. Anyone remember her first video? Then when she turned 18, there was a lot of truly disgusting talk from men about her “turning legal.” She was also then barraged with questions about her virginity in interviews. She was exploited and received so many mixed messages. I always thought it was disgusting. 

• Sad 14
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

But how come her 15 and 16-year-olds boys are somehow old enough to perfectly handle their crazy lives? Jayden isn't even old enough to drive. It's great to give grace to Britney because of all her trauma, but the same grace should be given to her minor kids imo. 

My heart breaks for those boys. None of this is their fault because, as you say, they're still kids. Their parents should be protecting them and it really doesn't feel like they are. 

In some ways they seem more mature than their mum, probably because they've had to grow up really fast and she really hasn't had to grow up until now.

I hope that they get whatever outcome they need from this mess. If that is a relationship with their mother, if that is never seeing her again, if that is just cashing her checks while they are still minors, hopefully they can escape from this whole nightmare. And it really must be a nightmare for them. I can't even imagine.

• Sad 2
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, AstridM said:

As a little girl, yes, but also as an extremely sexualized one. Anyone remember her first video? Then when she turned 18, there was a lot of truly disgusting talk from men about her “turning legal.” She was also then barraged with questions about her virginity in interviews. She was exploited and received so many mixed messages. I always thought it was disgusting. 

I remember all the "turning legal" talk about the Olsen twins too. I was a kid then myself, so I didn't realize just how creepy it all was. Besides the virginity questions, grown men also asked Britney about her breasts. How the hell was that considered okay not too long ago? 

• Like 4
  • Sad 9
4 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

My heart breaks for those boys. None of this is their fault because, as you say, they're still kids. Their parents should be protecting them and it really doesn't feel like they are. 

In some ways they seem more mature than their mum, probably because they've had to grow up really fast and she really hasn't had to grow up until now.

I hope that they get whatever outcome they need from this mess. If that is a relationship with their mother, if that is never seeing her again, if that is just cashing her checks while they are still minors, hopefully they can escape from this whole nightmare. And it really must be a nightmare for them. I can't even imagine.

I truly hope they’ve been encouraged by both of their parents to attend college. I can see Britney being willing to pay for it, and ideally they would go to a school outside of California and get some distance from it all ( Hollywood, both parents) and develop independently. Who knows if Kevin has put any focus on the importance of education.

• Like 2
Just now, RealHousewife said:

I remember all the "turning legal" talk about the Olsen twins too. I was a kid then myself, so I didn't realize just how creepy it all was. Besides the virginity questions, grown men also asked Britney about her breasts. How the hell was that considered okay not too long ago? 

Oh yes, the “countdown” to the Olsen twins 18th birthday was truly sickening as well. That was an especially cruel and toxic era for young women. The tabloids were merciless. The Olsens were at least smart enough to stay out of the spotlight to some degree, unlike famewhores like Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan (who was imo ruined by it all, as was Britney). Both male and female interviewers asked Britney inappropriate questions about her body and her sex life. She learned that focusing on that was a great way to get attention, sadly. That may explain some of her recent behavior. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
8 hours ago, AheadofStraight said:

People are also analyzing a clip of Harry possibly spitting on Chris Pine (while Harry's half tucked collar is triggering some of our OCD tendencies).... 

At what point does the alleged spitting occur? I watched it multiple times and didn't see anything that looked even slightly like a spit?

Also, my first thought when I watched the above was "Who's that guy next to Olivia Wilde?" It took me a few seconds to recognize Chris Pine. He's starting to look like someone else as he gets older, but I can't think of who. Peter Gallagher?

4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

A lot of what's being said is based on rumors and conjecture because none of the people involved have actually come out and said "this is what happened and why I have a problem."

Well Shia did, at least about his part in the shenanigans, in his email to Olivia Wilde that was shared with Variety. ("You and I both know the reasons for my exit. I quit your film because your actors & I couldn’t find time to rehearse.") No one has refuted his version of events, but then again, no one refuted what Wilde said about firing him, either.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, janie jones said:

At what point does the alleged spitting occur? I watched it multiple times and didn't see anything that looked even slightly like a spit?

I think I spotted the moment it's supposed to be. When Harry is bent over, in the process of sitting, Chris stopps clapping and looks down at his own lap and makes a face like "I can't believe that happened" implying that Harry spit on him. I am not sure he acutally did, or if it was Chris being funny. Oddly, I don't really care. I just love trying to solve mysteries. lol

Also, not a fan of Chris' hair. He's slipping in the Chris List for me. lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, janie jones said:

I watched it multiple times, too, and I didn't see any spitting.

Oh, I see what you mean. To me, it looks like Harry said something that amused Chris, especially since then Olivia looks at Chris. I feel like if he had been spit on, there would have been a bigger reaction, plus he'd have wiped it away or something.

Maybe he told him is zipper was open. 😄

I guess I'm Team No Spit.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Oh yes, the “countdown” to the Olsen twins 18th birthday was truly sickening as well. That was an especially cruel and toxic era for young women. The tabloids were merciless. The Olsens were at least smart enough to stay out of the spotlight to some degree, unlike famewhores like Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan (who was imo ruined by it all, as was Britney). Both male and female interviewers asked Britney inappropriate questions about her body and her sex life. She learned that focusing on that was a great way to get attention, sadly. That may explain some of her recent behavior. 

And the same media that got super invasive and personal in asking those kinds of questions then turned around and chastised these women for not being "good role models" for their teenage fans, as though such a thing was their responsibility and not that of, y'know, the teenage fans' parents,. They want these teens to look sexy and then scold them for doing so (and then go after them for still being "bad role models" even when they're in their 20s and thus more than old enough to dress and act however they want, as though they expect them to stay and act like teenagers forever). They can't have it both ways. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

And the same media that got super invasive and personal in asking those kinds of questions then turned around and chastised these women for not being "good role models" for their teenage fans, as though such a thing was their responsibility and not that of, y'know, the teenage fans' parents,. They want these teens to look sexy and then scold them for doing so (and then go after them for still being "bad role models" even when they're in their 20s and thus more than old enough to dress and act however they want, as though they expect them to stay and act like teenagers forever). They can't have it both ways. 

Who can forget that Rolling Stones cover when she was only 17? On the cover in her underwear and the article with the headline “Inside the mind and bedroom of a teen superstar”. I was only 13 at the time so I didn’t get the implications, it was just Britney and of course I bought it. I remember my mom being shocked she was 17 and the first thing she asked was where are her parents. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Who can forget that Rolling Stones cover when she was only 17? On the cover in her underwear and the article with the headline “Inside the mind and bedroom of a teen superstar”. I was only 13 at the time so I didn’t get the implications, it was just Britney and of course I bought it. I remember my mom being shocked she was 17 and the first thing she asked was where are her parents. 

I remember it well. My BF at the time had it sitting next to his bed once when I was there. So gross!