Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

And Kevin is not helping his cause by running to The Daily Mail.  If there was some pressing reason why the boys just had to tell their side of the story (which I do not buy for one second), why speak to a tabloids?  

Money of course. They pay for stories.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Uh this is weird. I've never heard anything negative about Lisa Kudrow but according to Spencer Pratt she's awful:

https://pagesix.com/2022/09/02/spencer-pratt-bethenny-frankel-call-lisa-kudrow-the-worst-human/?_ga=2.202003093.545140307.1662081217-972973328.1615308047

2 hours ago, Dani said:

I only know of Spencer Pratt and couldn’t pick him out of a lineup but isn’t his reputation that of being an asshole?

If entitled assholes think you are a horrible human being you are probably doing something right.

I have no personal knowledge of Ms. Kudrow either  positive or negative, but until Spencer or Bethenny cough up some specific example of her terrible behavior, I'll take their collective non-story with a huge grain of salt. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Dani said:

I only know of Spencer Pratt and couldn’t pick him out of a lineup but isn’t his reputation that of being an asshole?

If entitled assholes think you are a horrible human being you are probably doing something right.

Both the people listed in that link are supreme assholes.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 11
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Both the people listed in that link are supreme assholes.  

They really, really are. 
Bethenny says and posts things about other celebrities all the time because she’s an attention seeking jerk.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Bastet said:

Yeah, I'm not going to read a tabloid to see what he said about her, but that's all I've ever vaguely heard of him, either, so I had the same reaction.

All Pratt did was answer the same question someone asked JoJo Siwa a few months back, 'Who was the rudest celeb you've ever met?' and he said Kudrow with no elaboration except that she was the worst human being and 'it was a targeted attack' on him, somehow.  Then Bethenny Frankel chimed in on social media that she had a 'crazy' experience with Kudrow when she guested on Frankel's talk show.  Pratt declined to elaborate, stating that he will only reveal more if he gets a million hits on his instagram video on the subject.  That tells me all I need to know. 'Consider the source' as my mother used to say.

As for Bethanny Frankel, she's recently been ragging on the Kardashians for giving young girls unrealistic ideas of normal appearance for women with resultant body image issues.  This from a woman who named her line of cocktails 'Skinny Girl' and who once posed on instagram bragging that she was so tiny she could fit into her 4 year old daughter's pajamas.  

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 5

Britney clapped back at her kids on Instagram. And made everything worse.

“As for my mental health…mu dear child understand you must learn to pick up a book and read one before you start to even thinking about my intellect sweetheart !!!!” she said. “If you can honestly sit back and say with your sensible brilliant mind what [grandma and grandpa] did to me was fine and call them not bad people…then yes I have failed as a mother and hopefully that’s a chat for you and your father to sit face to face and try to learn WHAT’S GOOD.”

Attacking your minor children on social media is not a good look.

• Sad 9
  • Applause 4
57 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Britney clapped back at her kids on Instagram. And made everything worse.

Attacking your minor children on social media is not a good look.

What really killed me about her "clapback" was after Jayden said all this stuff about how she didn't pay as much attention to Preston & how it bothered his, she posts this:

I say to my son Jayden that I send all the love in the world to you every day for the rest of my life !!!!”

But does not say a damn thing about Preston. Yeah, mother of the year all right.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GaT said:

But does not say a damn thing about Preston. Yeah, mother of the year all right.

It’s more about her and Kevin than Preston but she does address him. 

Preston...I'm aware of your gift….I know you're a teacher in my life and dear child I'm a teacher for you as well!! It's horrible to see your dad be a hypocrite and say the media is horrible yet he has you talking about personal matters to them…I hope you can look in the mirror and remember you are my child and always will be. Since Preston didn't speak, I send my love!

16 minutes ago, GaT said:

But does not say a damn thing about Preston.

Yes, she does, later in the post.  She's addressing Jayden's interview, so starts with him, but later writes, "Since Preston didn’t speak, I send my love."  (At least according to the linked article; I don't have an Instagram account, so I can't read her actual post, so I'm just going on what was quoted in the article.)

Don't get me wrong, everyone needs to shut the hell up in public, just clarifying that one point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 6

Just saw Britney doubled down and made a another post saying she's not sorry.

“It’s kinda scary … he stopped seeing me … I posted something of him, but he got really mad so unfortunately, I haven’t been able to post my loving family… either way I’m so sorry children I continue to do social media … I’m sorry you feel I do it for attention … I’m sorry for the way you feel … but guess what ???? I’ve got news for you … I’m a child of God as well we all are in God’s eyes … so NOPE I’m not sorry … I’ve learned to say SO !!!”

She seems to have no understanding the kids want privacy, or what privacy even is. Also I have no idea what being a child of God has to do with any of this.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

While she’s by no means the villain in the overall story I hope she doesn’t have any more kids. She comes off more immature than the minors in her clapback and I question her sanity on the regular. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11

I'm putting this out on this Subforum because it needs to be said.. .

Re Miss Spears's son Preston evidently siding with his maternal grandfather Mr. Spears who'd been accused of abusing him: It wouldn't be the first time that an alleged victim of abuse would side with their alleged abuser for reasons ranging from possibly considering said abuser to be more stable than their fellow victim/s to wanting to wanting to placate the family dragon to . .. even identifying with the abuser against all logic. Perhaps when Master Federline becomes an adult and is ready to see the whole picture he may change his mind and show actual sympathy towards his mother despite her possibly not having been easy to have dealt with down the years (and confront her evidently exploitative and abusive DNA Donor) but that's not an eventuality one can pin everything on.

All in all, though, IMO,it would have been better for family relations had his own male DNA Donor not greenlighted him Master Federline chiming in his two cents before the latter's 18th birthday.

• Applause 4
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, rcc said:

Money of course. They pay for stories.

As pointed out by @Vermicious Knid, the interview is NOT from the Daily Mail. 

It was done by filmmaker Daphne Barak, for ITV.  That's a British film company doing a documentary on Britney.   It's wasn't used to get money from the Daily Mail.    Nobody "ran to the tabloids"

The Daily Mail USED EXCERPTS from SOMEBODY ELSE'S interview with the kids.  

There's no more clear way to attribute the interview.  

And now with her attacking her minor children on social media, she's used up the last of the sympathy I had for her.  She's Britney Bitch.  No comma anymore.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Useful 4
13 hours ago, Notabug said:

As for Bethanny Frankel, she's recently been ragging on the Kardashians for giving young girls unrealistic ideas of normal appearance for women with resultant body image issues.  This from a woman who named her line of cocktails 'Skinny Girl' and who once posed on instagram bragging that she was so tiny she could fit into her 4 year old daughter's pajamas.  

And posted this image on sm, of her kid (then 6 years old) holding her silicone bags - 

bf.jpg

• Mind Blown 5
3 hours ago, Blergh said:

maternal grandfather Mr. Spears who'd been accused of abusing him:

He was accused of having a altercation with him. Jamie came into a room(in his own house) and shook him after he barred himself into a room. I just can't see this as abuse. 

Those two boys were very young when their mother was put into a conservatorship. It's all they know of their mother on whatever medication she was on. I'm going to assume that since she has said that she didn't like taking it that she is off her meds or whatever those were. They probably see a difference and don't want to deal with that.

Maybe they are speaking out because they are just tired of most people insulting their father and thinking everything he does/says is a money grab. Maybe they want their voice heard about what they are going through but again most people is going to think that it's still their a money grab by their father.

3 hours ago, Blergh said:

Master Federline chiming in his two cents before the latter's 18th birthday.

It doesn't matter because people are still going to think it's a money grab. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Well, Spencer Pratt and Bethenny Frankel spilled on what makes Lisa Kudrow awful.  

https://pagesix.com/2022/09/04/spencer-pratt-explains-why-he-called-lisa-kudrow-the-worst-human/  

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanschocket2/bethenny-frankel-lisa-kudrow-explained?origin=web-hf

If you don't want to click - Basically,

Spoiler

she walked up to Spencer and Heidi and  told Heidi to run (away from him)  for her life, and acted like she didn't want to be on Bethenny's talk show when she was a guest.  But did anyone want to be on that show?  It was like one of the worst ever vanity-type talk shows, IMO. 

Put me on Team Kudrow on both counts.  

Edited by Miss Anne Thrope
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Miss Anne Thrope said:

I never cared one way or the other for Lisa Kudrow but she just won major brownie points for me for both those cases. Pratt and Frankel are pretty bottom of the famewhore barrel. 

11 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

She seems to have no understanding the kids want privacy, or what privacy even is.

Seriously. None of this should be happening in public. They all need to either speak to one another in private or just not speak to each other anymore because this talking to each other on public forums is only going to make things worse. 

I feel bad for people like Britney because I don't think she actually knows how to live her life in private. She's been in the public eye since she was a kid and given her family, I'm pretty sure being famous is the only way she knows how to be loved. But if she truly does want a relationship with her kids I think she's going to have to stop airing all her dirty laundry to the world. 

The whole thing is just so sad.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 12
49 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I feel bad for people like Britney because I don't think she actually knows how to live her life in private. She's been in the public eye since she was a kid and given her family, I'm pretty sure being famous is the only way she knows how to be loved. But if she truly does want a relationship with her kids I think she's going to have to stop airing all her dirty laundry to the world. 

The whole thing is just so sad.

Early and big fame came to also-Mousketeers Justin Timberlake, Ryan Gosling, Keri Russell and Christina Aguilera.  All followed basically the same path.  Early fame, teen fame, young adult fame, etc.  All the while navigating music careers, acting, relationships, children and the media. 

Granted Britney's family seemed to be more needy and was more screwed up than the others. 

But Justin, Keri, Ryan & Christina managed to NOT drag their spouses, children and personal relationships into ridiculous Twitter wars and social media meltdowns.  It seems everyone learned how to cope except Britney. 

Sad? Yes.  Impossible? Nope.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

But Justin, Keri, Ryan & Christina managed to NOT drag their spouses, children and personal relationships into ridiculous Twitter wars and social media meltdowns.  It seems everyone learned how to cope except Britney. 

Because they all had parents/families who taught them that they were worth more than their fame. Throughout the history of film/fame, the children who were raised by parents who didn't use them turned out fairly well adjusted and those who had parents who used them for money/fame have almost all ended up screwed up in some way. It's not just the modern famous kids who fall into these two categories but all the way back to Jackie Coogan/Baby Peggy. 

I agree that Britney could possibly make other choices in her life, but between being a child star, being exploited by her managers and family and having a family who have lived off her like leeches for most of her life, she's fighting a bigger battle than Justin, Keri, Ryan and Christina had to. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, xfuse said:

Jamie came into a room(in his own house) and shook him after he barred himself into a room.

Imo this is physical abuse. 

54 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Early and big fame came to also-Mousketeers Justin Timberlake, Ryan Gosling, Keri Russell and Christina Aguilera.  All followed basically the same path.  Early fame, teen fame, young adult fame, etc.  All the while navigating music careers, acting, relationships, children and the media. 

Granted Britney's family seemed to be more needy and was more screwed up than the others. 

Sad? Yes.  Impossible? Nope.  

AFAIK, none of the others mentioned have serious illnesses like Britney does, so the comparison doesn’t work. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Miss Anne Thrope said:

Well, Spencer Pratt and Bethenny Frankel spilled on what makes Lisa Kudrow awful.  

https://pagesix.com/2022/09/04/spencer-pratt-explains-why-he-called-lisa-kudrow-the-worst-human/  

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanschocket2/bethenny-frankel-lisa-kudrow-explained?origin=web-hf

If you don't want to click - Basically,

Hide contents

she walked up to Spencer and Heidi and  told Heidi to run (away from him)  for her life, and acted like she didn't want to be on Bethenny's talk show when she was a guest.  But did anyone want to be on that show?  It was like one of the worst ever vanity-type talk shows, IMO. 

No one else ever did that to these people? Or worse?

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Here's the thing re: Britney. Kids like stability. The conservatorship provided that -- Britney took her meds, she sang in her shows, the trains were running on time. Her kids probably didn't see the invasive, cruel parts of the conservatorship. 

Britney after the conservatorship dissolved seems to be acting out and trying to recreate the life she couldn't have for so long. It all looks very chaotic on the outside. Her kids probably don't like that.

It's all understandable and it will probably work itself out once the kids are older and understand the conservatorship from Britney's POV.

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8

When your kids say "stop posting about on social media."   The correct response is NOT to clap back on social media.   They want to be LEFT OUT of the current drama.   Maybe KFed is using them to keep the gravy train rolling.   Maybe they have told dad to knock it off to.   But what we do know is one of the kids said "stop posting about us Mom" and Mom said "I'll do what I want and you just have to accept it."   Which is not a great way to ensure a healthy relationship with your kids.

Surely Britney is still receiving therapy as she transitions from a life of total control to one of complete freedom.   It would be better for her to talk about what she needs to feel loved and accepted with a trained therapist rather than to splash it all over social media.   

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

When your kids say "stop posting about on social media."   The correct response is NOT to clap back on social media.   They want to be LEFT OUT of the current drama.   Maybe KFed is using them to keep the gravy train rolling.   Maybe they have told dad to knock it off to.   But what we do know is one of the kids said "stop posting about us Mom" and Mom said "I'll do what I want and you just have to accept it."   Which is not a great way to ensure a healthy relationship with your kids.

Surely Britney is still receiving therapy as she transitions from a life of total control to one of complete freedom.   It would be better for her to talk about what she needs to feel loved and accepted with a trained therapist rather than to splash it all over social media.   

As sympathetic as I am towards Miss Spears for the ordeals she's been going through (and as little as I trust Mr. Federline to not exploit her), I have to agree that it would be FAR better if she honored her offspring's pleas than to keep rubbing their faces in the postings,etc. they evidently have expressly pleaded with  her that they'd rather have not do. It's wrong for ANY adult (Mr. Spears, Miss Spears, Mr. Federline,etc.) to steamroll over their minor offspring's privacy and consider that only THEIR way is the highway. Yes, two or more wrongs against Miss Spears by Mr. Spears and the rest of the Spears family,etc. do NOT make a right for her to be less than fair to her minors.

And I say ALL the above as somehow who has been (and still is) sympathetic towards Miss Spears and has tried my best to understand that she may say do less than ideal things re letting off steam after being freed from that draconian Conservatorship. I'm by NO means saying she needs to return to that or any other exploitation and her original nuclear family needs to REALLY just leave her be. But just as the original nuclear family needs to respect her autonomy and privacy so she needs to respect her offspring's privacy (and at least do her best to co-parent them as much as she can instead of possibly throwing up her hands and reject their needs for her to do so even as their majorities loom in the near future). And, yes, I realize that no one should expect her to be the perfect parent but even her recent de facto incarceration doesn't mean that she's forever above any kind of reproach or criticism when she herself chooses to do the wrong thing!

• Applause 2
  • Love 17

I'm pro Britney doing what she wants to do, no matter how it looks in the public eye. She's spent most of her life under one person's thumb or another, given the wrong kind of help. Now she's free she's going to do what she wants. Even if it doesn't seem like the best choice, it's still her choice.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Anduin said:

I'm pro Britney doing what she wants to do, no matter how it looks in the public eye. She's spent most of her life under one person's thumb or another, given the wrong kind of help. Now she's free she's going to do what she wants. Even if it doesn't seem like the best choice, it's still her choice.

Yes but those choices affect other people -- like her children.   While it would be nice if we could all do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted, being a responsible adult means considering others sometimes.   Especially something as simple as "dont post about your kids on social media."   She is free to post LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE.   So it's not really a heavy burden to just NOT post about her kids online.

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 11
26 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

To quote Alanis Morissett isn't it ironic that Jamie Spears disregarded what his.child wanted and now Britney is disregarding what her children want. 

And the cycle of abuse continues. It is incredibly hard to not fall into the same pattern you grew up with. Some do manage to break the cycle. Sadly Britney doesn't seem to be strong enough, or to have a strong enough support system to break those chains. 

While I don't think conservatorship was the right answer, I do think the Spears' could all benefit from some serious family counselling. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Anduin said:

I’m pro Britney being free to make whatever good and bad decisions she wants to make and having to live with the normal consequences of those decisions. I am disappointed (but not particularly surprised) that her experience hasn’t made her compassionate to or respectful of other people’s wishes and that in responding she is effectively turning the free Britney group on her own children.

I mainly just feel bad for her kids who are caught in the middle and no one seems to have their best interests at heart. What was done to Britney is awful and her children are collateral damage. 

Edited by Makai
  • Like 3
  • Love 15

Wait.. I am so confused by the Britney Spears stuff.

Is this the right timeline...

Kevin Federline goes to a national tabloid to complain that his kids were embarrassed by their mother posting photos of herself on her Instagram.

Britney responds to the tabloid interview via IG.

Kevin then releases audio of her arguing with her kids on social media.

And so she replies on IG responding to that post.

So then the two kids have a sit down with a reporter for the Daily Mail to tell their side.

And then she responds again to that interview.

So now they are mad that this is all happening on SM and is blaming her?

Is that right? 

Now, I agree this shit is absurd.  It is the sort of family back and forth that normally should only be done via lawyers, angry phone calls and nasty texts -- not on IG and via the tabloids. 

But she is not the only one at fault here.  And if I am reading the timeline of events correctly, she isn't even the one that dragged the kids into it.  All she did was post half naked pictures of herself.

If the kids are gonna be angry about stuff being played out in the public then they can't just point the finger at her.  He is as much to blame as she, and moreso, imo because he is the one that went to the press in the first place to complain about her and then blatantly and explicitly dragged the kids into it. Why aren't they yelling at him as well?

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
38 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Kevin Federline goes to a national tabloid to complain that his kids were embarrassed by their mother posting photos of herself on her Instagram.

So then the two kids have a sit down with a reporter for the Daily Mail to tell their side.

Is that right? 

Basically. A couple of small corrections. None of the interviews were done with Daily Mail. They were with ITV and were always supposed to air last week. Daily Mail released parts of Kevin’s interview in early August and part’s of Jayden’s a few days before the interview aired. I don’t know if Jayden’s interview was recorded before or after Britney’s initial response. I haven’t watched the interview but as far as I know only one son spoke at all. 

It appears Jayden was talking about Britney’s behavior before the interview was done. 

Her first response to just what Kevin said was to criticize him which was absolutely fair and to call her son who hadn’t said anything hateful for not being social when at her house. 

38 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

But she is not the only one at fault here.

Absolutely true.

The more that comes out the more I feel bad for her oldest son. 

Edited by Makai
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Is that right? 

Now, I agree this shit is absurd.  It is the sort of family back and forth that normally should only be done via lawyers, angry phone calls and nasty texts -- not on IG and via the tabloids. 

But she is not the only one at fault here.  And if I am reading the timeline of events correctly, she isn't even the one that dragged the kids into it.  All she did was post half naked pictures of herself.

If the kids are gonna be angry about stuff being played out in the public then they can't just point the finger at her.  He is as much to blame as she, and moreso, imo because he is the one that went to the press in the first place to complain about her and then blatantly and explicitly dragged the kids into it. Why aren't they yelling at him as well?

This so much. Britney isn’t a saint, but Kevin isn’t either. He is not helping matters at.all. And he’s supposed to be the more emotionally stable parent. Now I saw he’s done a sit down interview with 60 minutes Australia to complain about Britney, say people were racist towards him call him white trailer park trash when he was dancing with her and saying her father helped her. SMH. I believe  this is interview is in addition to the interview that was published in the Daily Mail several weeks ago. 

I don’t understand what he hopes to accomplish out of this. A reality show? He does need to get a job and soon as the child support will be running out in a couple of years. Like I said a few weeks ago when this mess first started no one is looking good at this point. Everyone needs to get off SM, quit talking to the media and handle this privately.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Enero said:

I don’t understand what he hopes to accomplish out of this. A reality show? He does need to get a job and soon as the child support will be running out in a couple of years. Like I said a few weeks ago when this mess first started no one is looking good at this point. Everyone needs to get off SM, quit talking to the media and handle this privately.

Money. The child support runs out in two years and Kevin has six kids to support, a massive mansion and a wife that also doesn't have a job, and all all of those things and people are subsidized by Britney's money. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

So Britney should be free to live her life, except when she makes bad decisions. No, those are two contradictory points. Freedom includes the right to make mistakes. I don't care that she's airing her dirty laundry in public. She isn't the first, I don't imagine she'll be the last. I support her right to make mistakes.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Anduin said:

So Britney should be free to live her life, except when she makes bad decisions. No, those are two contradictory points. Freedom includes the right to make mistakes. I don't care that she's airing her dirty laundry in public. She isn't the first, I don't imagine she'll be the last. I support her right to make mistakes.

For fourteen years she was silenced while her family of origin was allowed to do interviews and say what they wanted about her and her mental state. Jamie Spears used her children as pawns to force Britney to comply to everything the conservatorship demanded, and now that the conservatorship is over and Britney is allowed to speak freely, her children (have been manipulated and brainwashed to) hate her, too. Airing all of this in public is the only way she can speak to them, probably. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

For fourteen years she was silenced while her family of origin was allowed to do interviews and say what they wanted about her and her mental state. Jamie Spears used her children as pawns to force Britney to comply to everything the conservatorship demanded, and now that the conservatorship is over and Britney is allowed to speak freely, her children (have been manipulated and brainwashed to) hate her, too. Airing all of this in public is the only way she can speak to them, probably. 

Yes, all good points. People seem to want her to be perfect now she's free. People in general aren't perfect, especially when they've spent most of their lives being mistreated and exploited. My whole thing is, let her be herself. Let her screw up and learn from the experience. Don't keep undermining her.

• Like 5
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Yes, all good points. People seem to want her to be perfect now she's free. People in general aren't perfect, especially when they've spent most of their lives being mistreated and exploited. My whole thing is, let her be herself. Let her screw up and learn from the experience. Don't keep undermining her.

I don't see pointing out that it is really bad parenting to diss one's teens on social media as 'unndermining' Brittney.  I don't think any celeb would be able to escape criticism for that.  Part of the maturation process is screwing up.  Part of screwing up in front of millions of people is being called out on it.  If Britney wants to regain the autonomy she lost under the conservatorship, then she is going to have some of her decisions criticized on social media including her decision to slap back at her kids online.

I've got no problem with Britney posting any photos of herself or saying anything she wants about any adult in her life.  It's when the things she posts affect minors, including her kids; that I think she needs to stop doing it.  I doubt there are many kids out there who would be cool with their mom posting topless photos of herself online.  I don't blame Brittney's kids if they wish she'd cut that kind of stuff out. It's her choice whether she does or not and it is my choice to think less of her if she continues to harass her kids publicly.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Anduin said:

So Britney should be free to live her life, except when she makes bad decisions.

No. She is free to live her life and make whatever decision she is going to make. Discussing or even judging her decisions doesn’t take away her freedom to make them. Her sons deciding not to see her doesn’t take away her freedom to make decisions.

Just like Kevin has the freedom to expose himself as a horrible human being time and time again. 

43 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I really, really feel for Britney but I also really feel for her children. They have been raised with the same influences that harmed Britney. They are all continuing to be harmed by it. It’s like you are watching people playing chicken and begging someone to swerve but no one does. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Yes, but they have asked her NOT to do this and they have a right for privacy, just as she does.  By saying what she has on social media and then telling her sons that she doesn’t care what they say, she will do what she wants, she is, inadvertently making the same mistake her father made with her.  While she is free to make such mistakes, she also needs to understand there are consequences to those choices.   

I also highly doubt that talking to them on social media is her only avenue.  If she and KFed or someone in their camp could be a damned grown up they might be able to find a way to reopen communication without completely ruining the relationship they all have.  The problem is, in this situation, the inmates are effectively running the asylum, thus it’s hard to see an opening.  I really feel for the kids most of all in this situation because nobody has THEiR best interests at heart.  

Edited by Sarahsmile416
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, GaT said:

Sorry, but IMO she's crossed the line

Britney Spears Rips Son Jayden, Says He's Mad He Won't Get Anymore Money Soon

She's lost me, I wish someone would talk some sense into her.

All I think is that hurt people hurt people.

I hope she will get some therapy to heal those wounds because right now she can only see people as friend or enemy. Which makes sense because the mentality of captivity doesn’t just go way.

Sadly there is a good chance that those she sees as friends are enablers who are still using her. Although how would anyone who legitimately cares about her even advise her right now? Even sincere advice is going to be perceived as control. 

Edited by Makai
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Anduin said:

And sadly some people are pointing to her imperfections as proof that the conservatorship was warranted and should’ve remained in tact. 

Britney’s situation is very complicated being as she has been abused and silenced for 14 years by her family and medical professionals. I think at this point she trusts no one, except her husband, and maybe her attorneys. Considering what she’s been through I don’t know if she’d trust a therapist to help her work through the issues  or a doctor to prescribe her the medicine she may need to help with her mental illness. It’s very sad. I think the lack of trust in anyone is why she’s likely not doing print or television interviews and is instead posting her story and responses on SM because there she can speak without being edited and filtered. 

Her speaking on her kids is unfortunate, and wrong,  I feel terrible for them, but their father is the one who opened Pandora’s Box with the interview he did then followed up by the video he posted on SM of her arguing with them.  His actions has essentially turned this situation into a public mess for all involved. 

Edited by Enero
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I don't see pointing out that it is really bad parenting to diss one's teens on social media as 'unndermining' Brittney.  I don't think any celeb would be able to escape criticism for that.  Part of the maturation process is screwing up.  Part of screwing up in front of millions of people is being called out on it.  If Britney wants to regain the autonomy she lost under the conservatorship, then she is going to have some of her decisions criticized on social media including her decision to slap back at her kids online.

I think that there should be a rule that everyone who feels the need to comment on Britney Spears should be required to watch/re-watch South Park Britney's New Look.  I watched it forteen years ago.  it made an impact.  This many years later i really have no need to help with the harvest by criticizing her on social media.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Enero said:

Britney’s situation is very complicated being as she has been abused and silenced for 14 years by her family and medical professionals. I think at this point she trusts no one, except her husband, and maybe her attorneys. Considering what she’s been through I don’t know if she’d trust a therapist to help her work through the issues  or a doctor to prescribe her the medicine she may need to help with her mental illness. It’s very sad. I think the lack of trust in anyone is why she’s likely not doing print or television interviews and is instead posting her story and responses on SM because there she can speak without being edited and filtered. 

Her speaking on her kids is unfortunate, and wrong,  I feel terrible for them, but their father is the one who opened Pandora’s Box with the interview he did then followed up by the video he posted on SM of her arguing with them.  His actions has essentially turned this situation into a public mess for all involved. 

Her new husband has said all the right things and defended Britney at every turn but for her sake I hope he does love her and is planning to do right by her. He's really the only person she has that's on her side, besides her lawyer. Rosengart did more for her in a year than anyone ever has, but he's 'on her payroll.' I hope she'd trust her lawyers and her husband to be in her best interest if they brought the name of a therapist or doctor to her, but I understand if she didn't. Therapists and doctors were weaponized against Britney too, during the conservatorship, and selected by Jamie Spears to do what he advised.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Maybe the kids needed to be reminded of the $40,000 a month she provides them. 🤷‍♀️

She’s their parent. That’s her responsibility.  When your teenage kids seem more mature than you then you have a serious problem. My sympathy only goes so far and in my opinion she comes across as a spoiled, selfish, narcissist. She lost me when her free Britney army began sending messages to Jamie Lynn hoping her daughter would be raped and she said not boo about it. Her fans have been bad mouthing her sons all over social media for a while now but she doesn’t care because they praise her and that’s all she cares about.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 17