Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

On 7/7/2022 at 8:56 PM, aradia22 said:

Also, let's be honest, the height and the gym bodies are doing a lot of work for Hollywood handsomeness. 

I actually prefer Chris Hemsworth when he's a bit less buff.  More surfer build, less Thor muscles.

• Like 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I couldn't stand her on Yellowstone, mainly because of that horrible dark lipstick.

What part did she play? Don' t remember her.

17 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

That's HORRIBLE! I hope that he's been able to re-establish contact with his destitute family who appear to have been left in the dark about what became of him as a child (and I hope the ones who exploited him can get the book thrown at them) ! Sadly, I know that his story is by no means unique!

• Sad 15
12 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I remember her as the live action Pocohantas where she was quite good. I want to feel bad for her, but wow, what a stupid con to pull.

I only really know her from The Alienist, and I really liked her and her character in the show, but yeah, that was a really foolish thing to do. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/8/2022 at 9:14 AM, Zella said:

I have a hard time telling Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds apart. I, ahem, may have once complained about how meh I found Ryan Reynolds in The Notebook before being strongly and swiftly (and justly) corrected by the internet. LOL I've since discovered Reynolds has a pretty good sense of humor, but I still don't particularly find him attractive. 

Speaking of The Notebook, which I find a pretty shit movie, when it comes to sexy old-school Hollywood stars, I don't think it gets any better than James Garner. I used to deliver movies and books to our local nursing home, and one time the little old ladies who were always asking for movies told me they didn't want to see any more Doris Day but that more James Garner was very welcome. And I was like "He's very handsome, isn't he?" And they started giggling like teenaged girls. So, I hooked them up with The Rockford Files, and that was all they watched for weeks. 😂

James Garner was filming a commercial in a small town in the San Bernadino  mountains where my best friend lived and she had a business close to where he was and said he was so very nice. I’ve always like him too.   If I’m not mistaken it was for beef and shortly after had a heart attack. We saw Paul Newmans brother in a favorite restaurant  and he looked exactly like him except he was bald. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I only really know her from The Alienist, and I really liked her and her character in the show, but yeah, that was a really foolish thing to do. 

I'm just baffled at how she thought she could get away with it. It's not like Kilcher worked some under the table job a few times to supplement her disability income. She appeared on what is currently the highest rated drama on T.V. 

I was excited to see her again in the Dora movie and I'm guessing she did indeed get injured on it, but probably not to the extent that she's claimed if  she was still able to work.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

"Love Is Blind" contestant files lawsuit against show.

I haven't even heard of this show but isn't all of this standard practice for reality shows? No sleep, no outside entertainment, plying contestants with booze?

It's pretty well known that they ply contestants with booze but I do think it reveals two interesting things I hadn't heard before--that they had limited access to water.  That seems kind of strange because they weren't forced to drink alcohol (soda was provided) unless all the soft drinks had caffeine. 

But so often the comeback is "well why didn't they leave then?" and it sounds like there was a large fiscal punishment for deciding not to continue in those conditions. 

There was a contestant who had an absolute meltdown on the show last season and she alluded to the filming conditions as a reason why. 

And people wondered why some contestants didn't walk away when they realized things wouldn't work out.--basically, how do they get all of the contestants to go through the wedding?  There has been some hinting that they'd face financial consequences by leaving.  This is the first place I've seen that laid out exactly why people don't walk away.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

It's pretty well known that they ply contestants with booze but I do think it reveals two interesting things I hadn't heard before--that they had limited access to water.  That seems kind of strange because they weren't forced to drink alcohol (soda was provided) unless all the soft drinks had caffeine. 

But so often the comeback is "well why didn't they leave then?" and it sounds like there was a large fiscal punishment for deciding not to continue in those conditions. 

The drink/booze scenario would screw me. I don't even drink soda, lol. Those Bachelor mansions look pretty massive, surely the kitchen has to have a sink and thereby tap water.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It seems the surrogacy was already in progress when it came out he cheated. So she didn't up and decide to have another kid after learning what he was really like and ignoring it. They're already tied for life with the first one anyway.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Yeah, it happened to me once.*  Is this supposed to be another ridiculous story about a poor decision that, because it was made by Britney Spears, somehow indicates insanity rather than stupidity?

No, it's about stupidity, I have NEVER heard of someone running out of gas driving down the highway. And them having to have the cops come to rescue them.

• Like 1

With today's current gas prices, I say it's possible that even a well-heeled celeb like Miss Spears wanted to avoid the sticker shock as long as possible but wound up postponing the inevitable until too late. At least she had sense enough to call the authorities to get her out of there once she was stuck instead of just hoping the 'gas fairy' would fill her tank!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

It seems the surrogacy was already in progress when it came out he cheated. So she didn't up and decide to have another kid after learning what he was really like and ignoring it. They're already tied for life with the first one anyway.

I saw that headline that she made the decision before she found out he cheated where her and it made laugh. The only time I see a news story involving Khloe it’s because he cheated either with her or on her. I don’t even follow they Kardashian’s a knew she was having a kid with a cheater both times so she definitely knew. 

8 hours ago, Bastet said:

That Spears let it go until the empty tank meant she abandoned her non-moving car in a traffic lane rather than pulling it to the shoulder is dumb, but it's not an indication she's not "okay" -- plenty of other morons do the same thing, prompting CHP response, they just don't get called out for it in the media.

In LA I don’t even think it is all that dumb. I usually don’t get anywhere near running out of gas but the closest I have come was in LA. If you are on a freeway at the wrong time of day you can get stuck where you can’t get over or exit for quite awhile. Plus Britney wasn’t even allowed to drive for years. 

ETA- just saw it happened a 10 pm so less understandable but LA is still a horrible place to drive. 

(edited)

She was probably on her way home from her Procrastinators Anonymous meeting. 

Not that she's crazy, just ignorant.  She really thinks she smarter than her car?  They TELL YOU WHAT TO DO these days!  

And every Kardashian parent has plenty of money for their kid's eventual therapy, so they can breed themselves stupid.  They will have to hold their family reunions in Dodger Stadium though. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • LOL 2
55 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Not that she's crazy, just ignorant.  She really thinks she smarter than her car?  They TELL YOU WHAT TO DO these days!  

I have no clue what happen with her but if I run out of gas it will be because I’m not ignorant about my car. There was no chance of it happening when I was ignorant. Mine (and many others) have a cushion built into to the fuel mileage left information. My car can go over 20 miles after is says there are 0 miles left. I’ve only driven it like that once but at that point there is no way to gauge how close you are to actually running out of gas. 

5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Those who see the gas gauge on E and think they can make it 10 more miles and those who see the gas gauge on 1/2 full and start freaking out and looking for a gas station.

I'm a 1/2 full refuel person myself although in the months following Katrina, it was 3/4 just in case an evacuation was ordered even though I lived nowhere near New Orleans. 

• Like 5
  • Love 8

@Dani and @MissAlmond  are you married to each other?

Look, the little warning light goes on, it doesn't magically teleport you to a gas station (I wish it did, I'm a eh, there's 10 miles kinda person and I've prayed my way to the gas station more than once).   

It was also 10 p.m.    I am not sure how Ms. Spears felt, but I know after dark I am a lot more careful about where I will exit to get gas.   No dark areas, only well lighted areas.   I prefer to find where the truckers are.   Now running out on the freeway is not safer than going to a dark area gas station but things happen.   This not inherently an "Oh Britney what did you do THIS TIME" moment.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Those who see the gas gauge on E and think they can make it 10 more miles and those who see the gas gauge on 1/2 full and start freaking out and looking for a gas station.   They are usually married to each other.

Or one of them is a parent to the other. My dad has always religiously filled up when he is half full, as do his parents. I am much more of the first variety. But the recent surge in gas prices and them talking about the 70s gas shortages has made me realize their gas-buying habits were really shaped by that. Speaking of which, I am creaking along on near empty and really need to fill up. LOL 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

It was also 10 p.m.    I am not sure how Ms. Spears felt, but I know after dark I am a lot more careful about where I will exit to get gas.   No dark areas, only well lighted areas.   I prefer to find where the truckers are.   Now running out on the freeway is not safer than going to a dark area gas station but things happen.   This not inherently an "Oh Britney what did you do THIS TIME" moment.

While I do not know where on the highway Britney was when she ran out of gas and how many gas stations she passed by while driving, I do know that there are many areas in America where finding gas stations is difficult.  I also know there is no guarantee that a densely populated area will have a readily seen gas station.  Not all exits have multiple choices for gas due to zoning laws and classism.  Add in LA's notorious traffic, and I am not surprised someone as sheltered as Britney was these last 13 years ran out of gas on the highway.  

I live in an area where I travel to other counties in my state all the time for different reasons.  I know where all the gas stations are on the different routes because there are stretches between 10 and 30 miles where there literally are no gas stations right off the highway.  And when I'm traveling to Raleigh or Durham, there are many exits without a gas station (or one station tucked away from the highway 1 to 2 miles in) due to what I'm guessing is aesthetics and a general desire to keep certain types of people away.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

I’ve driven in and around LA many times and there are stretches where gas stations aren’t advertised along the freeway. I’ve learned which unadvertised stretches have them so I can plan accordingly but the period before that was the only time I ever came close to running out. Britney experienced something that makes sense to the area. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Was she by herself?  When do celebs ever go anyplace at that time of night alone?  Where was her new husband?  And her kids?  Don't they all have posse's that go everywhere with them? 

At least she wasn't driving with one of her boys on her lap this time.  That would be too freaky.  And difficult, as they're teens.  

Something just not right about that story. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, SnapHappy said:

Something just not right about that story. 

I'm guessing it was released/leaked by someone that still has intel somehow on Britney, due to it being the same day Britney and her lawyer were back in court and won their case to force Jamie Spears to sit for a deposition re: the conservatorship.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Look, the little warning light goes on, it doesn't magically teleport you to a gas station (I wish it did, I'm a eh, there's 10 miles kinda person and I've prayed my way to the gas station more than once).   

I’m definitely not a wait to the last minute person. I’m afraid too of running out of gas. The light coming on at all gives me anxiety.

It’s also not wishful thinking that a car can go 10 more miles. It’s by design because car companies realized it is beneficial for their reputation to make people believe they are out of gas before they are. 

37 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

While I do not know where on the highway Britney was when she ran out of gas and how many gas stations she passed by while driving, I do know that there are many areas in America where finding gas stations is difficult.  I also know there is no guarantee that a densely populated area will have a readily seen gas station.  Not all exits have multiple choices for gas due to zoning laws and classism.  Add in LA's notorious traffic, and I am not surprised someone as sheltered as Britney was these last 13 years ran out of gas on the highway.  

She was on the 101 and it can be very difficult to find a gas station particularly if your not familiar with the area. I’ve never run out of gas but if I do it will be in LA or San Francisco because both are nightmares to find a quick place to stop unless you are familiar with the area. 

My concern about the Brit gas situation is that her car was left in a lane which is incredibly dangerous on any road, but also she was sitting in the car with a Good Samaritan.  Thank goodness the people who stopped  weren’t criminals. And, they called the police to assist her.  Where was Brit’s phone?  And, after police arrived they called her husband. Why didn’t she call her husband?  Idk…it sounded odd to me.  I hope all is well.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

My concern about the Brit gas situation is that her car was left in a lane which is incredibly dangerous on any road, but also she was sitting in the car with a Good Samaritan.  Thank goodness the people who stopped  weren’t criminals. And, they called the police to assist her.  Where was Brit’s phone?  And, after police arrived they called her husband. Why didn’t she call her husband?  Idk…it sounded odd to me.  I hope all is well.  

If I didn't use my phone as my source of music while driving, I would be leaving it at home all the time.  I can't count the number of times I have left the house with my phone sitting on the counter/bedside table/couch arm/etc. and realize it before I've finished pulling out of the driveway.  I've also left my phone at places, and so has my mom.  I don't find it odd that Britney did something I've done myself many times before.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

And, they called the police to assist her.  Where was Brit’s phone?  And, after police arrived they called her husband. Why didn’t she call her husband?  Idk…it sounded odd to me.  I hope all is well.  

None of the reports say that she didn’t make the calls. Just that the police were called, that when they got there she was waiting with a good samaritan and they waited with her until her husband showed up. 

Constance Wu Attempted Suicide After ‘Fresh Off the Boat’ Tweet Backlash

Constance Wu returned to Twitter for the first time in nearly three years to announce her new book, “Making a Scene,” and to reveal she attempted suicide following the backlash that erupted against her in 2019. Social media was outraged at Wu after she expressed frustration over her ABC sitcom “Fresh Off the Boat” being renewed.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 9
8 minutes ago, Dani said:

None of the reports say that she didn’t make the calls. Just that the police were called, that when they got there she was waiting with a good samaritan and they waited with her until her husband showed up. 

The article I read seemed to say that someone else called police to say a car was blocking the roadway, not that she called and said help me I’m out of gas.  The later part about who called her husband was ambiguous, to me, after a second read.  I suppose it’s possible she made the call to her husband.  

2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The article I read seemed to say that someone else called police to say a car was blocking the roadway, not that she called and said help me I’m out of gas.  The later part about who called her husband was ambiguous, to me, after a second read.  I suppose it’s possible she made the call to her husband.  

It wouldn’t be surprising to me if someone else made the call to the police even if she had her phone. In busy traffic someone watching can respond and call for help faster than the person dealing with the car, hazard lights and getting to safety. 

26 minutes ago, Dani said:

It wouldn’t be surprising to me if someone else made the call to the police even if she had her phone. In busy traffic someone watching can respond and call for help faster than the person dealing with the car, hazard lights and getting to safety. 

It’s a nightmare, imo. I can’t image how scary it would be. In my area, several people have been hit by another car, as they waited by a stalled or wrecked vehicle.  Even police officers. Tragic.  Glad she’s ok.  

• Like 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, Dani said:

Mine (and many others) have a cushion built into to the fuel mileage left information. My car can go over 20 miles after is says there are 0 miles left. I’ve only driven it like that once but at that point there is no way to gauge how close you are to actually running out of gas. 

Oh man.  There are days the internet is very dangerous.  I just learned this and now I'm curious about my car.  Hmm.

Britney comes off as spacey.  It absolutely does not surprise me that she didn't pay attention to her gas gauge.  That said, I see people on the side of the road all the time pouring gas into a car.  I doubt this is Britney's case but I once drove a car I had to rely on mileage to know when to refill because the gauge just stopped at a quarter of a tank.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7