Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Reading these posts about NFT makes me momentarily think I've forgotten English. That is how little sense it all makes to me. I read a sentence three times and I'm still all, nope, that's not a real sentence. It can't be. LOL

Can I please sit at your table?  I still don’t understand when someone owes me money and asks if they can send it through PayPal.  I don’t end up with the twenty in my wallet or see it in my checking account; it just seems to be floating in space somewhere.  

• Love 16

Meanwhile I'm over here like, ooh finally some celebrity news I'm interested in. Here's  a good article explaining NFTs. 

I think I understand it more when applying it to the concept of a metaverse, like OASIS in Ready Player One. Like, I can see how you can purchase something you think might be in great demand someday. I even understand why someone purchases something just to be the only person that actually owns it. The world is full of people like that. To me it seems like this guy bought stolen property that Seth can prove was his. If the guy won't respond to him, I'm interested to see how the legal case goes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Reading these posts about NFT makes me momentarily think I've forgotten English. That is how little sense it all makes to me. I read a sentence three times and I'm still all, nope, that's not a real sentence. It can't be. LOL

I can't believe "fungible" is a word, and yet, we're concerned about the "non-fungible." Makes me think of fungus. 

• LOL 21
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Superclam said:

I can't believe "fungible" is a word, and yet, we're concerned about the "non-fungible." Makes me think of fungus. 

NFT fungus coming to an NFT marketplace near you!

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 8
14 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Hahahahahahahahaha.   NFTs are dumb.   He still has the Bored APe.   What he does NOT have is the token that says he owns it somewhere on the blockchain.   Just go draw another freaking Bored Ape.   Problem solved.

I thought the whole point of cryptocurrency and NFTs is that they are super secure and hard to steal (and that the transactions are somehow anonymous at the same time). Because of the security of the whole blockchain thing, at least that is what I seem to remember from the Last Week Tonight episode. But if they are easy to steal, what is the point?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Thomas Markle Rushed to Hospital with Stroke Symptoms

Markle was admitted after fearing he was suffering a stroke. Thomas couldn't actually speak to paramedics, and had to write down his symptoms on a piece of paper.

Hmm, HE decided he might be having a stroke, & HE wrote he couldn't speak. Remember how he got out of going to the wedding because he had a "heart attack"? Now, he's been saying he's going to England for the Jubilee, but I guess he won't be able to go now either because he had a "stroke". Yeah, more Samantha rants coming up, but hopefully no Thomas interviews because you know, he can't speak. 🤥 🤥 🤥 🤥

EDITED: And Samantha has spoken

'He's been through so much,' she explained. 'Two heart attacks, a pandemic and now a stroke. None of us have heard from Meghan - that's negligence.

'If she can't find it in her heart or have the moral conscience to step forward then shame on her. He doesn't have a lot of time. She's going to have to live with that for the rest of her life'. 

Edited by GaT
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

The thing I don't understand is how the ape was going to star in a show and also how Seth Green no longer has the right to use it. Like, if someone steals the deed to my car, it's still my car.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, janie jones said:

The thing I don't understand is how the ape was going to star in a show and also how Seth Green no longer has the right to use it. Like, if someone steals the deed to my car, it's still my car.

I think this is like stealing the title and keys to your car.  Or maybe actually your car too.  You may still own it but it's hard to drive it. 

He could probably win in court but part of this is supposed to be anonymous.  He'd have to find the person behind the username.

• Useful 4
6 hours ago, GaT said:

Hmm, HE decided he might be having a stroke, & HE wrote he couldn't speak. Remember how he got out of going to the wedding because he had a "heart attack"? Now, he's been saying he's going to England for the Jubilee, but I guess he won't be able to go now either because he had a "stroke". Yeah, more Samantha rants coming up, but hopefully no Thomas interviews because you know, he can't speak. 🤥 🤥 🤥 🤥

Ugh. Trash will always be trash.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, GaT said:

DITED: And Samantha has spoken

And WHY does Meaghan have to step forward?   There is no legal requirement she do anything.   And if someone sold your private letters to them, and generally treated you as existing solely to give them attention, you have every right to not want to be around that person or even give a damn if they have a "stroke."   I agree this is another convenient "illness" that prevents him from actually going to England and being shown up, while garnering mega sympathy.    He can't just say "you know, I changed my mind, I prefer to stay in Mexico than travel to England."   Because then he looks bad.   And we can't have that.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, GaT said:

I wish the media would stop reporting anything she has to say. I don't consider anything that comes out of her mouth newsworthy.

41 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

And WHY does Meaghan have to step forward?   There is no legal requirement she do anything. 

This is just another way for Meghan's detractors to say see she is being a bad person.  And if Meghan did reach out I'm sure there would be people who would say she was only reaching out to make herself look good.  

• Love 22
(edited)
29 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I wish the media would stop reporting anything she has to say. I don't consider anything that comes out of her mouth newsworthy.

Well tabloid media, which is the media reporting on this, is only interested in clicks and hits. The messier, the better. I'm more baffled as to why it's being posted in this thread since neither of these people are celebrities.

And before the inevitable response comes that Meghan is  - well Meghan has made it clear she has no relationship with Samantha, never really did and always considered herself an only child.

And she confirmed in the Oprah interview that her relationship with her father essentially died in the last few years when he decided selling her out and trashing her and her husband to tabloids was more important to him than being a parent. So in conclusion, these are random nobodies, trashing someone they have no relationship with. 

They say nothing new, they add nothing new, because again, they have no relationship with her. It's simply amplifying toxic and hateful assholes who have found that it's easier to make money off publicly abusing someone rather than getting a real job and being a productive member of society. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

I agree this is another convenient "illness" that prevents him from actually going to England and being shown up, while garnering mega sympathy. 

This was my first thought as well.  He must have finally realized that going to England would only give him attention from tabloids - which is what he seems to want I admit - but it wasn't going to get him tea at Buckingham Palace and it certainly wasn't going to get him on the balcony with the family waving at the crowds.  

Well to be fair i guess even the delusional Markles never expected that - but I think they did expect to steal some of the spotlight and honestly that was never going to happen!

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, SusanM said:

This was my first thought as well.  He must have finally realized that going to England would only give him attention from tabloids - which is what he seems to want I admit - but it wasn't going to get him tea at Buckingham Palace and it certainly wasn't going to get him on the balcony with the family waving at the crowds.  

Well to be fair i guess even the delusional Markles never expected that - but I think they did expect to steal some of the spotlight and honestly that was never going to happen!

I remember his excuse for not going to the wddding, and it was he had a heart procedure or a heart attack or both, except the reporters checked with all of the hospitals, and he wasn't there.   There were also pictures of him driving around too. 

There must be a way to ban him, and his despicable children from entering England, or put them on the no fly list.  

This article outlines his financial screw ups.   He actually won $750k in the lottery, but by 2016 he filed for bankruptcy, and only had $30k to his name.     The other daughter Yvonne, goes by Samantha.   

https://www.businessinsider.com/megan-markle-father-won-lottery-spent-winnings-2018-4

His bad finances may be one reason we have been spared his presence in the U.S., maybe a few creditors would be waiting for him. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

A shocker. Ray Liotta, the terrific actor whose career breakout came in the 1990 Martin Scorsese crime classic Goodfellas after co-starring in Field of Dreams, has died. He was 67.

Deadline hears he died in his sleep in the Dominican Republic, where he was shooting the film Dangerous Waters. We will have more details when they become available.

Liotta leaves behind a daughter, Karsen. He was engaged to be married to Jacy Nittolo.

https://deadline.com/2022/05/ray-liotta-dies-67-goodfellas-1235033521/

22 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

WTH?

Like virtual reality. I'm one of the people that does think the future holds some kind of virtual world we'll be spending our time in. Let's just say I hope so anyway. When the kids throw me in the home, I'll want to live in my virtual world.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I remember his excuse for not going to the wddding, and it was he had a heart procedure or a heart attack or both, except the reporters checked with all of the hospitals, and he wasn't there.   There were also pictures of him driving around too. 

There must be a way to ban him, and his despicable children from entering England, or put them on the no fly list.  

I don't think the Queen or the rest of the British government wants to give him the impression that they've spent even a minute thinking about him or his miserable daughter.  They won't give him the satisfaction of banning him.  They'd rather he realized that they do not give a tiny rat's a** about any of them.

• Love 10

Some lawyers online were discussing the BoredApe and legally, he still owns the copyright because NY state and federal law doesn't allow the rights to stolen property to transfer. He can continue with his show and if the current owner objects he just goes to court, shows it's been stolen and the judge will award him the copyright. Not sure why he doesn't seem to understand that. Unless for some reason they can't prove it's stolen?

• Useful 8

I liked him in a lot of things but I think I really started to appreciate him in Shades of Blue.  He and Jennifer Lopez were surprisingly believable as friends/colleagues.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I liked him in a lot of things but I think I really started to appreciate him in Shades of Blue.  He and Jennifer Lopez were surprisingly believable as friends/colleagues.

I loved that show. I miss it.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Some lawyers online were discussing the BoredApe and legally, he still owns the copyright because NY state and federal law doesn't allow the rights to stolen property to transfer. He can continue with his show and if the current owner objects he just goes to court, shows it's been stolen and the judge will award him the copyright. Not sure why he doesn't seem to understand that. Unless for some reason they can't prove it's stolen?

So far there's been nothing to indicate to me that   NFTs are anything more than pyramid schemes with lots of 'Net double-speak- and not remotely worth the trouble of getting into them. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Sad to hear about Ray Liotta.  I loved him in Field of Dreams.

I've loved him ever since I first saw him as Joey Perrini on Another World.  I haven't seen everything he's done, but he never disappointed in any of the things I saw.  He was hilarious as Mee Maw's bookie on Young Sheldon.  He will be greatly missed.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/25/2022 at 11:43 PM, GaT said:

Also, the "EMT" who was assisting him was wearing a cloth mask that didn't cover his nose.  Really.  Medical personnel do not wear cloth masks.  And of course the most important thing during a medical emergency is to get it on camera so the world will know. 

Believe me if I was an EMT and saw that the patient I was transporting was Markle - I would be dressed like this:

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47pcog0o35xbz02h7ir

Edited by Macbeth1966
  • LOL 23
11 hours ago, Macbeth1966 said:

Also, the "EMT" who was assisting him was wearing a cloth mask that didn't cover his nose.  Really.  Medical personnel do not wear cloth masks.  And of course the most important thing during a medical emergency is to get it on camera so the world will know. 

Believe me if I was an EMT and saw that the patient I was transporting was Markle - I would be dressed like this:

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47pcog0o35xbz02h7ir

You forgot to include the 11 foot pole! 

• LOL 16
(edited)

The best part about Markle's heart attack was the pictures of him driving around doing errands right about the day of the wedding, and no reporter could find any record of him being in any hospital.     I'm sure this 'stroke' will turn out to be as serious as the 'heart attack' was.  

My guess about why he came across the border to Chula Vista is that Mexico doesn't have the privacy laws in their hospitals, and that's how his lies were uncovered about his 'heart attack'.   In the hospital at Chula Vista, they can't even admit that he's a patient, or give out any other information. .

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9
(edited)
11 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The best part about Markle's heart attack was the pictures of him driving around doing errands right about the day of the wedding, and no reporter could find any record of him being in any hospital.     I'm sure this 'stroke' will turn out to be as serious as the 'heart attack' was.  

I wonder if, after announcing his intention to go to England for the Jubilee, he was unable to find a tabloid willing to foot the bill.  Both her and Samantha have gotten a lot of supoort from the tabs over the years while providing virtually no verified content.  It's become clear that Meghan is simly ignoring them and not rising to the bait and has no intentions of communicating with them in any way.  If she won't call, give them photos or send a letter that they can sell to the highest bidder; they don't have anything to offer.  

Edited by Notabug
  • Love 15

Just got an alert, "Jada Pinkett Smith hopes Will Smith, Chris Rock have "opportunity to heal" and "reconcile" after Oscars."

Don't want to use the B word but didn't she instigate The Slap?

Heal thyself ...

• Love 1

Hmm, I thought people analyzed the video and initially Will was laughing at the crack, then saw Jada not laughing at all, decided to act in a way that he assumed was expected of him.

Yeah shouldn't place all the blame on the woman but maybe some of it?

• Love 1

But do we know how Jada reacted  to The Slap that night and the days following?

Did she repudiate it then?

Or is she just throwing Will under the bus now?

True but he may have thought he'd get a lot more grief if he didn't do anything vs. the grief he got after doing it.

Maybe he was overcompensating because of the weird situation with their marriage which made him look like a cuckold, p-whipped to the extreme.

But that toxic situation, again none of her fault?

• Mind Blown 2
21 minutes ago, aghst said:

It doesn't matter as far as the slap is concerned.  We all make our own decisions in life and we all have to be held accountable for them.  Otherwise you get chaos and an entitled population always looking for someone else to blame.  

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Katy M said:

It doesn't matter as far as the slap is concerned.  We all make our own decisions in life and we all have to be held accountable for them.  Otherwise you get chaos and an entitled population always looking for someone else to blame.  

Yeah I'm not going to argue that the Smiths don't have a weird relationship. They've changed their story a lot about whether it is an open relationship and their explanation of that one affair Jada has is inconsistent with their narrative about an open relationship. It wouldn't surprise me if their marriage is . . . messy, and if it is, I think they are equally responsible for it. But that is an entirely separate discussion from who is to blame for the slap. That is all on Will.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, aghst said:

True but he may have thought he'd get a lot more grief if he didn't do anything vs. the grief he got after doing it.

Maybe he was overcompensating because of the weird situation with their marriage which made him look like a cuckold, p-whipped to the extreme.

Assuming he'll look bad if he doesn't do anything, or thinking that it's something she'd want him to do, believing overcompensating is the right way to go, that's all stuff that's happening inside his brain. How is anyone else responsible for how he responds to his own thoughts?

Even if at one point they had a conversation and she was like, "You know, if some dude ever insults me in public, I really think you should defend my honor by slapping and yelling at him," it's still on him to either agree that this is the best course of action, or say, "That's messed up, and I will not be doing that."

• Useful 2
  • Love 14