Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

Her recounting of telling her kids made me cry:

I didn’t want to call Ellie and Carrie until I had a better idea of my prognosis. Finally, four days after I was diagnosed, I FaceTimed each of them. I tried to be as reassuring as Dr. Newman. Their faces froze in disbelief. Then shock. Then they began to cry. “Don’t worry,” I told Carrie then Ellie, “I’m going to be fine,” trying to convince myself as well as them. 

They’d already lost one parent. The idea of losing another was unfathomable. 

But I love that she's another one taking the opportunity to acknowledge how privileged she is when it comes to access to care:

Throughout the process, I kept thinking about two things: How lucky I was to have access to such incredible care, since so many people don’t. And how lucky I was to be the beneficiary of such amazing technology. It made me feel grateful and guilty — and angry that there’s a de facto caste system when it comes to healthcare in America. 

And that she closed with this important information:

Please get your annual mammogram. I was six months late this time. I shudder to think what might have happened if I had put it off longer. But just as importantly, please find out if you need additional screening. 

Forty-five percent of women in this country (yes, nearly half) have dense breasts, which can make it difficult for mammograms alone to detect abnormalities. 

Currently, 38 states require doctors to notify their patients if they have dense breasts. But often that information doesn’t clearly convey the need to have a supplemental screening or this very important fact: The denser your breasts, the higher your risk of cancer. In 2019, the FDA proposed federal legislation that would make the language and guidance more specific, but the agency has been dragging its feet. Let’s get a move on, folks.

Meanwhile, only 14 states and the District of Columbia require insurance companies to fully or partially reimburse patients for the cost of potentially lifesaving breast ultrasounds. That means far too many women are not benefiting from a technology that will allow their breast cancer to be diagnosed early, when it’s most treatable. 

• Like 1
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

My eyes read Try Guys but my mind sees Five Guys and I asked myself: Who was cheating with whom at a hamburger joint? 

Worse yet, there’s a restaurant near my old office called Fry Guys.  I keep wondering why anyone would care that an employee at a fast food place in a tourist area had an affair. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I think it sounds more like she’s trying to defend her choice to relinquish custody by implying there was some manipulation. By the sounds of it she hasn’t had much involvement with her daughter since she signed over full custody. I don’t know much about her but from what I’ve read she’s had issues with drink and drugs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

About the Try Guys mess :

I suppose I'm the only one feeling that way, but I find it a bit disturbing that complete strangers sent videos to Ariel and/or the fiancé about the affair. It's one thing for a friend to tell you your spouse is cheating, but a complete stranger getting involved your life?

And I also don't think these people really cared about the partners. They just want to share their gossip.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

I think it sounds more like she’s trying to defend her choice to relinquish custody by implying there was some manipulation. By the sounds of it she hasn’t had much involvement with her daughter since she signed over full custody. I don’t know much about her but from what I’ve read she’s had issues with drink and drugs.

That is also my take, especially since she apparently is still actually on pretty good terms with that ex otherwise and even admits that she still would have ultimately given up custody even if she had been asked and that it was the right choice for her daughter for her to be a less involved parent. In the past she has made it seem like she had more custody than she apparently does have, so I was a little surprised to see her finally admit he has full custody. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I suppose I'm the only one feeling that way, but I find it a bit disturbing that complete strangers sent videos to Ariel and/or the fiancé about the affair. It's one thing for a friend to tell you your spouse is cheating, but a complete stranger getting involved your life?

And I also don't think these people really cared about the partners. They just want to share their gossip.

Someone had to tell them, right? Isn’t it ultimately for the best? The cheaters in this situation are the most disturbing, imo.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Hayden Panettiere Talks About Relinquishing Custody of Daughter Kaya.

I don't remember the details of the custody situation when it happened but all of a sudden I've seen multiple articles over the last few days where it's like she's insinuating her ex did something to manipulate her and giving up custody wasn't her idea. Does it sound to anyone else like perhaps a new custody battle is brewing?

Not much was known about the custody situation.  She had the baby.  She then had severe PPD and was institutionalized once (or maybe twice) which may have also been for addiction.  Her daughter was basically with the father and went with him when he moved back to the Ukraine.  

I suspect he didn't feel she could take care of the child and so he took full custody.  She probably felt powerless in that because she was dealing with PPD and addiction. 

I suspect she resents that it happened even if she doesn't disagree with it. 

I know she has visited with her daughter but her daughter doesn't live in the US.  She'd be fighting a custody battle in an international court. 

3 hours ago, Avabelle said:

She had severe PPD.  And I think that exacerbated her addiction issues. 

3 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

There are rumors he was a cheater and/or would act inappropriately before.  People who work closely with them probably knew but may not have told the spouses/partners.  Isn't that the advice always given to people? "I know my sister's husband's a cheat, should I tell her?"  And the advice back is to stay out of it or potentially risk the sister cutting off her relationship with you when she decides to either not believe you or to forgive him and doesn't want to be faced with the knowledge that you know she's with a cheater.

A stranger doing it is probably the perfect person because they don't risk any personal relationship and they have video proof.  The only reason it leaked is because allegedly her fiance decided to release it.  The stranger could have made it public from the get go.

Goodness knows Ned and Alex were pretty public about their affair.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

I think the Allegedly Cheating Try Guy should change his tag to Fail Guy!

As for the folks blowing the whistle to his evidently wronged wife? I'd be more inclined to believe the disclosure would have been for her (and her offspring's) best interests had they been actual friends of her instead of strangers.

Sorry, but human nature being what it is, strangers who inflict negative news on others are more often inclined to do it to want to see the perceived victims become upset from the outcome than out of sincere wishes to help out the perceived victims. Self-appointed vigilantes rarely have the most noble motives possible.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Blergh said:

I'd be more inclined to believe the disclosure would have been for her (and her offspring's) best interests had they been actual friends of her instead of strangers.

What if her supposed friends aren’t willing to disclose it?

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

Sorry, but human nature being what it is, strangers who inflict negative news on others are more often inclined to do it to want to see the perceived victims become upset from the outcome than out of sincere wishes to help out the perceived victims. Self-appointed vigilantes rarely have the most noble motives possible.

If they wanted to inflict pain it would far more effective to blast it to social media like what was done to Behati Prinsloo. Maybe their intentions weren’t altruistic but this was coming out either way and it sounds like it was done in a way that  allowed them to process it initially privately and then handle it on their own terms. Which is a more generous way to handle it than any of their friends and loved ones in the know took. Personally I’d rather be told directly regardless of the motivation. 

52 minutes ago, Blergh said:

I think the Allegedly Cheating Try Guy should change his tag to Fail Guy!

As for the folks blowing the whistle to his evidently wronged wife? I'd be more inclined to believe the disclosure would have been for her (and her offspring's) best interests had they been actual friends of her instead of strangers.

Does it matter their motives though? I’m just thinking that it’s good it came out sooner than later. The pain will be there for the duped spouses no matter how the news was broken. But now they know the truth and can move forward from there. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

In sadder news, Marlyne Barrett of Chicago Med has revealed she has been diagnosed with ovarian and uterine cancer. One or the other alone is devastating. Together, well the prognosis is not good.

How horrible!  I'm not familiar with her, but I'm now hoping she beats the odds.  She was diagnosed in July after discovery of a tumor "the size of a football", is about to undergo her third round of chemo, is only 44 years old, and has twins that aren't even a year old.  I can't imagine the terror.  It's touching to read that she, despite normally being quite a private person, decided to share this with the public because she'd received so many appreciative messages from cancer survivors a few years ago for how she played a character with breast cancer and now wants to experience this connection with them in a particular way.

• Sad 13
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I'm not familiar with her, but I'm now hoping she beats the odds. 

Her name wasn't familiar to me and I've never watched the show that is cited. So I just assumed I didn't know her either, but after clicking on the link, I realized she was also Nerese Campbell in The Wire. 

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Not just you, it's very suspect. 

That's unfortunately where our society is these days.  We have the technology to insert ourselves into the  lives of perfect strangers.  And it's a particular type of person that not only feeds off that intrusion, but they feel it gives them status and makes them important. 

To me, it just makes them a scuzzy nobody that needs to get their own life.     

15 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I am in a committed relationship with McDonalds but, full disclosure, I have cheated with Five Guys and I'm planning to have a hot and heavy affair with Wendy's now that prezel bun burger thing is back. It's a seasonal fling. I've told McD's about it,and promised to come back to them when the Shamrock Shake is back. 

I honestly have no clue what a Try Guy is, nor do I care. I just want some Five Guys now, because that's what I kept reading as well. lol

But the biggest question is where do you stand on the McRib?  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Now for some fun celebrity news.  Last week, Carla Hayden, the librarian of congress, invited Lizzo to check out the extensive flute collection at the LOC on Twitter.  Lizzo accepted, and got a personal tour of said flute collection.  The LOC also loaned James Madison's crystal flute to Lizzo for her concert last night.  

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/28/1125564856/lizzo-james-madison-crystal-flute-concert

Thanks for posting; I didn't even know the Library of Congress had an instrument collection!

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

That's unfortunately where our society is these days.  We have the technology to insert ourselves into the  lives of perfect strangers.  And it's a particular type of person that not only feeds off that intrusion, but they feel it gives them status and makes them important. 

Didn't someone record strangers on a plane and posted it a few years ago and it turned into a news story for some reason?

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Didn't someone record strangers on a plane and posted it a few years ago and it turned into a news story for some reason?

Yep, it was THE spoiler for the Bachelorette reality show that season.  The loser for the final rose was recorded complaining to a friend that he lost.  And since it happened weeks before the televised finale, it was a MASSIVE spoiler for the fandom.  And the "winner" was only engaged to the Bachelorette 6 months before breaking up.  

• Useful 2
14 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Would you do it for an adult Happy Meal?

Those things are just bizarre.

13 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Does it matter their motives though?

As a topic of discussion, sure.  As something which affects a person's life, not really, I guess.

3 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Yuck.

19 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Would you do it for an adult Happy Meal?

Sweet! Now I can stop pretending I'm buying a Happy Meal for my imaginary child.

8 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

I am surprisingly neutral on the mcRib. I do get it when it rolls around, but it's not an OMG I have to get one while supplies last! It is better than their McLobster Roll they tried a few years ago. That was the food equivalent of the Kardashians, where you just have to ask... why? Why would anyone want this?!??! (I'm from New England so a McDonald's lobster roll is an abomination to my palate.)

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
10 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I am surprisingly neutral on the mcRib. I do get it when it rolls around, but it's not an OMG I have to get one while supplies last! 

For me, it's more of a nostalgia thing.  The first time I had it was at the drive-in movie theater in San Diego, Ca. and seeing "Jaws 3D".  *LOL*  No lie!  Got BBQ sauce all over my 3D glasses!  

I get one maybe every 5 years or so, but no onions & extra pickles!

• Like 2

AFAIC, Mickey D fans can HAVE all the McRibs they can chomp to their hearts' content!

I have ZERO interest in 'em- especially since I'm lucky enough to live in a good-sized Southeast US city loaded with plenty of mom-and-pop rib joints where they select the best freshest  pork and beef ribs possible THEN smoke, grill, barbecue, marinate and/or season them to the patrons' likings. Moreover, on the rare times I get a rib craving, I can drive just a few miles to them at any time of the year instead of waiting for a certain season for  the chain to unearth the assembly line concoctions.

Edited by Blergh
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

The former coworkers coming forward to say they aren’t surprised by the current scandal with Ned of The Try Guys makes it clear there was something inappropriate ongoing with him for years.  So it seems like an open secret so apparently lots of people knew and no one told his wife.  Or does Ariel know and she and Ned have an understanding?  

So Alex’s fiancé Will saw something on her phone in December 2021 that made him realize she was cheating with Ned.  He confronted her and Ned about it.  He gave Alex a second chance on the condition that the affair ends and he didn’t tell Ned’s wife Ariel.  So recently were recorded making out in a club and at a Harry Styles concert.  So they handled getting caught in 2021 by being even more careless in public.  Someone sent the video to Will and this time he didn’t keep quiet.  He sent the video to Ariel and the story went public.  

• Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Blergh said:

I'm not so sure that that's the wisest name Mr. Cannon and/or the child's co-parent could have picked for the boy- inasmuch as I don't think the Risen Messiah would hesitate in calling out if not  letting the elder Mr.Cannon have it with both barrels!

I suppose there was no concern that the child Rise Messiah might grow up and be embarrassed by such a title or even worse……embrace  it.  🙄. Man, Nick Cannon…..he’s done an excellent job at reducing his fan base.  …….when is his next baby due?  I saw it’s soon.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I suppose there was no concern that the child Rise Messiah might grow up and be embarrassed by such a title or even worse……embrace  it.  🙄. Man, Nick Cannon…..he’s done an excellent job at reducing his fan base.  …….when is his next baby due?  I saw it’s soon.  

I think giving him “Cannon” as his last name is the worst part.

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3

Back when Ilanya Vanzant had a talk show she brought on a man who'd had 34 children by 17 different women. Maybe Nick is gunning for that guy's record. 🙄

Really though, I think what Nick is doing is incredibly sad for those children and wish he would seek professional help. There must be something off with him psychologically for him to keep doing this like there won't eventually be emotional repercussions for the kids. (Such as abandonment issues.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4
  • Love 15

So Johnny Depp is dating a lawyer 20 years his junior, but unlike George Clooney, the lawyer in question is married with two kids. It seems her friends were shocked because he is successful and good looking.  Maybe this a case of this woman being separated before crossing paths with Depp and there was a toxicity to her marriage for the husband's end, but for now, it looks like she pretty much left her husband for him.

Apparently he is still going by his bullshit reasoning that if you love two people, go with the newer because obviously you didn't love the first one enough, or it looks like she bought into it.

This is why I didn't feel that sorry for Johnny when Amber Heard blew up spectacularly in his face: he had a lovely partner in Vanessa Paradis who he built a life with but he threw it away (with two young kids at the time) for the excitement of the new, mistaken it for "better love."

Make no mistaken, I am glad the Amber Heard situation was rectified, and am sure it is true that he is a loving father and can be a genuinely generous man, but if this a case of women merely "moving up" and her husband is a great guy, I feel really bad for him and his kids and Depp is a jerk for his role in breaking up the family. If the husband's biggest crime is that he isn't a good looking movie star, than the woman is trash.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

So Johnny Depp is dating a lawyer 20 years his junior, but unlike George Clooney, the lawyer in question is married with two kids. It seems her friends were shocked because he is successful and good looking.  Maybe this a case of this woman being separated before crossing paths with Depp and there was a toxicity to her marriage for the husband's end, but for now, it looks like she pretty much left her husband for him.

Apparently he is still going by his bullshit reasoning that if you love two people, go with the newer because obviously you didn't love the first one enough, or it looks like she bought into it.

This is why I didn't feel that sorry for Johnny when Amber Heard blew up spectacularly in his face: he had a lovely partner in Vanessa Paradis who he built a life with but he threw it away (with two young kids at the time) for the excitement of the new, mistaken it for "better love."

Make no mistaken, I am glad the Amber Heard situation was rectified, and am sure it is true that he is a loving father and can be a genuinely generous man, but if this a case of women merely "moving up" and her husband is a great guy, I feel really bad for him and his kids and Depp is a jerk for his role in breaking up the family. If the husband's biggest crime is that he isn't a good looking movie star, than the woman is trash.  

SHE broke up her own family. Is this all speculation? Has the woman said anything about thinking the “new” is better and that she’s in love with 2 men at the same time? Maybe the husband is also seeing someone else. Are ANY facts available?

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

SHE broke up her own family. Is this all speculation? Has the woman said anything about thinking the “new” is better and that she’s in love with 2 men at the same time? Maybe the husband is also seeing someone else. Are ANY facts available?

She meet Johnny Depp in 2018 during his libel lawsuit in the UK. They started hooking up discreetly at hotels in the "early parts of their relationship." What isn't speculation is that some of her friends were shocked that she was separating from her husband, even if it was for Johnny Depp. It isn't reported that her husband is seeing someone.  I did write that I didn't know if the relationship was problematic irrespective of Depp or if she stated pulling away once Depp showed interest in her.  I used that stupid quote that Johnny Depp made, but I am speculating that the woman appears to be trading up. And yes, I am well aware that the people responsible for a marriage are people in the marriage, but that doesn't mean a person isn't trash when they get into a relationship with a married person. See also Adam Levine's side chick.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

She meet Johnny Depp in 2018 during his libel lawsuit in the UK. They started hooking up discreetly at hotels in the "early parts of their relationship." What isn't speculation is that some of her friends were shocked that she was separating from her husband, even if it was for Johnny Depp. It isn't reported that her husband is seeing someone.  I did write that I didn't know if the relationship was problematic irrespective of Depp or if she stated pulling away once Depp showed interest in her.  I used that stupid quote that Johnny Depp made, but I am speculating that the woman appears to be trading up. And yes, I am well aware that the people responsible for a marriage are people in the marriage, but that doesn't mean a person isn't trash when they get into a relationship with a married person. See also Adam Levine's side chick.

Without knowing the intimate details about the marriage, I don’t have any idea what transpired, period. Trading up? Again, no idea without details. And most marriages don’t last forever. Maybe she fell in love with someone else? It happens. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Cinnabon
11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Really though, I think what Nick is doing is incredibly sad for those children and wish he would seek professional help. There must be something off with him psychologically for him to keep doing this like there won't eventually be emotional repercussions for the kids. (Such as abandonment issues.)

Yes...he needs to talk to Truely Brown.  Maybe then he'll stop.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

What isn't speculation is that some of her friends were shocked that she was separating from her husband, even if it was for Johnny Depp.

I'd be shocked if my friend were separating from their husband, especially if it were for Johnny Depp.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
41 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Man, Eugene (the guy on the left in all black) looks pissed.

Confession: I watched this video, my first Try Guys content, purely because he looked so angry in the thumbnail and I wanted to see what he said. LOL And he was very measured and professional in his words and tone, but yeah his face the entire time--you could tell he was furious, and I don't blame him. 

• Love 10

I have no reason not to believe their sincerity but the cynic in me is also:

1) More content to keep it going until they're ready to release new content.

2)  All the emotion is firming up their own parasocial relationships.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

See, for me Eugene's face is giving:

1- You messed with my money

2- We have to take time to clean up your mess

They just got on the Food Network and I imagine some content that was slated for release is part of the stuff they won't be able to release. So yeah he is costing them.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, DearEvette said:

See, for me Eugene's face is giving:

1- You messed with my money

2- We have to take time to clean up your mess

They just got on the Food Network and I imagine some content that was slated for release is part of the stuff they won't be able to release. So yeah he is costing them.

But I bet they knew about all of it . . .

Emma Caulfield reveals she has MS in interview with VF. She was diagnosed in 2010 but only a few people knew. She has words for people who think she's faking it.

What are your fears about coming forward?

That people would be like, “Fuck you. Who are you to come out? Are you doing it because Selma Blair came out? Are you just wanting to try to copy somebody?” Anybody who honestly thinks that, I think they have real problems. [Sarcastically] It’s like, “Yes. That’s exactly what I’m doing. I am faking a disease because I’m that messed up in the head” or “Yeah, I’m risking the chance—very decent chance—of not working because I want to be like Selma Blair.”

• Sad 12
12 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

But I bet they knew about all of it . . .

I wouldn't be surprised if they knew or suspected he cheated but given how they got rid of him before news about his relationship with a subordinate went public, I'm guessing this relationship took them by surprise.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they knew or suspected he cheated but given how they got rid of him before news about his relationship with a subordinate went public, I'm guessing this relationship took them by surprise.

Yes I get the impression that the public and his business partners are reacting to two very different things. His fans seem to be reacting along the lines of "Wife guy's not such a wife guy after all--what a phony!" His business partners seem to be reacting much more along the lines of "Oh that dumb fuck of a business partner of mine decided to have an affair with a subordinate." 

I don't know that this would play out the same way if he'd been having an affair with some random person versus someone who worked for the company. I think the public reaction would have been the same either way since him cheating is what is news for most people, but the others in the video I watched talked about it very specifically in terms of HR and internal investigations.

I really doubt they'd have the leeway to dump him just because he was an asshole who cheated on his wife, even if they were appalled by the behavior or were displeased about the negative PR. But the fact he was cheating with someone else working there opens up questions about if favoritism and predatory power dynamics were at work, if other employees were put in an awkward position because of the affair, and if company property or funds were used as a means of conducting an affair. And that is much more in the realm of why you can dump a business partner than just he's a jerk who cheats on his wife. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5