Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

It's been reported that the prolific performer Ruth Buzzi (of Rowan and Martin's Laugh In, Sesame Street,etc.) has had a 'series of devastating strokes' and the 86-year-old has become bedridden. However, her husband   Kent Perkins  reports that she can still speak and understand others AND has somehow maintained her lifelong sense of humor. Somehow Miss Buzzi recently explained on Twitter: "Some folks have strokes of luck. I had the other kind. . . And although my final arrangements include cremation, I'm not quite ready to make an ash out of myself. xoxoxo"

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ruth-buzzi-recovering-multiple-strokes-150510567.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

• Sad 18
13 hours ago, patriciahelenkit said:

Lennon beat Cynthia among other things. He was no saint. That was the Chaser's point, but they couldn't use what he did to Cynthia as it was and is still largely unknown among the public.

Those of us who are hard core fans (and even those who are not) are well aware of Lennon’s shortcomings and have been for decades. That doesn’t diminish his talent.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 7
On 8/9/2022 at 3:28 PM, Bastet said:

That Anne only caused property damage and emotional distress, with no death or physical harm to others, and was herself severely injured, is a big factor in the differing reactions, of course. 

It was pure luck that she only caused property damage.  She gets very little sympathy from me.

On 8/9/2022 at 4:21 PM, Future Cat Lady said:

I just find the whole thing sad and tragic for everyone involved.

It's tragic for the owner and renter of the house she destroyed.  The renter barely escaped with her life.

20 hours ago, kiddo82 said:

I can't help but think there but for the grace of God go I in regards to either Heche or the young RN.

I don't think that because I don't have Heche's substance abuse problems and so would be exceedingly unlikely to do what she did.  I don't know enough about the other accident to comment on it.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I don't think that because I don't have Heche's substance abuse problems and so would be exceedingly unlikely to do what she did.  I don't know enough about the other accident to comment on it.

I wouldn’t either but I also didn’t have to deal with being sexual abused as a child by my father, an enabling mother, abusive relationships or mental illness. If I went thorough what she went through I can’t say I would be any different. 

No matter what happens she is going to suffer greatly for what she did. If she survives it will be a difficult recovery and will face the legal consequences. 

She gets very little sympathy from me.

Not sympathy but I definitely feel empathy for the life she has led and what lies ahead of her. 

I feel sympathy for the renter and owner of the house destroyed, Anne’s kids, and everyone who had to deal with the horrific results of the crash. 

Edited by Makai
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, Makai said:

I wouldn’t either but I also didn’t have to deal with being sexual abused as a child by my father, an enabling mother, abusive relationships or mental illness. If I went thorough what she went through I can’t say I would be any different. 

No matter what happens she is going to suffer greatly for what she did. If she survives it will be a difficult recovery and will face the legal consequences. 

Not sympathy but I definitely feel empathy for the life she has led and what lies ahead of her. 

I feel sympathy for the rent and owner of the house destroyed, Anne’s kids, and everyone who had to deal with the horrific results of the crash. 

And addiction and mental illness are both diseases, not moral failings. We could all get sick with almost any illness at any time. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

I don't either. But I did, and I don't forget how insidious addiction can be. In my case, surgery pain led me to become dependent on prescription painkillers. I did get into a car accident and thank god no one was hurt.

Unlike Anne, I also didn't have a father who raped me and died of AIDS, a mother who became a gay conversion therapist, a brother who killed himself, and an abusive ex-gf who tanked my career and isolated me from my friends.

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

And addiction and mental illness are both diseases, not moral failings. We could all get sick with almost any illness at any time. 

And we can also choose to get medical help for the addiction & mental illness, instead of going on a podcast & drinking a bottle of Re:Find Vodka & some wine, & then getting in our car to drive. When someone has an addiction & doesn't take steps to get better, & puts other people in danger, then yes, that is a moral failing. Society's needs to be safe override Anne Heche's addiction issues.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, GaT said:

instead of going on a podcast & drinking a bottle of Re:Find Vodka & some wine, & then getting in our car to drive.

The podcast was recorded days before the crash.

Edited by Bastet
I am so old I said "taped" instead of "recorded"
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, GaT said:

And we can also choose to get medical help for the addiction & mental illness, instead of going on a podcast & drinking a bottle of Re:Find Vodka & some wine, & then getting in our car to drive. When someone has an addiction & doesn't take steps to get better, & puts other people in danger, then yes, that is a moral failing. Society's needs to be safe override Anne Heche's addiction issues.

Podcast was taped on Tuesday, accident was on Friday. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Bastet said:

The podcast was recorded days before the crash.

25 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Podcast was taped on Tuesday, accident was on Friday. 

Sorry, I thought they were the same day, this photo was taken the same day

61121517-11086615-A_photo_from_earlier_o

I actually remember Ruth Buzzi best from the Sid & Marty Krofft series The Lost Saucer. She and Jim Nabors(!) played time-traveling androids who accidentally kidnap a young boy and his babysitter. And who could forget their pet the Dorse, a half-dog, half-horse played by a guy in a really bad, poorly sewn costume?  It was also shown as part of the short lived Krofft Supershow with other segments including Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, which continues to be remembered with fondness.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Agree wholeheartedly. The only difference is that an addict continues to feed his/her illness, whereas those with a cold or flu fight their illness with health care and bed rest.

• Love 5

https://tonedeaf.thebrag.com/kevin-federline-video-britney-spears-fighting-sons/

I'm sure the video will be taken down soon.....but wow, this man really isn't shit. I watched the recording and it looked like a mom trying to discipline her bratty preteen boys. Should she have cursed as much as she did? Probably not, but no one's perfect. All I see is a woman who is admittedly overwhelmed with having to deal with two pre-teens trying to parent.

It's so messy as hell to have the kids hold on to that for 5 years, and then decide "as a family" to release right as Dad's gravy train is about to end. Kevin is awful and I feel so sorry for Britney that her kids are being used to gaslight her. 

This makes me so angry on her behalf. How dare he chose to humiliate the mother of his children his way. K-Fed, let's see some of your arguments when you've tried to discipline those boys, Mr. Perfect. I bet he isn't always Dad of the Year himself.  

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

I'm sure the video will be taken down soon.....but wow, this man really isn't shit. I watched the recording and it looked like a mom trying to discipline her bratty preteen boys. Should she have cursed as much as she did? Probably not, but no one's perfect. All I see is a woman who is admittedly overwhelmed with having to deal with two pre-teens trying to parent.

I've been torn with Britney during this saga. I've always felt that her mental issues were real and when coupled with her arrested development led to some really bad decisions. I think they're still a real factor but she's probably going to be reticent to take medication because of what she went through. And that first video is...odd. Waking the kids up to put lotion on their "coarse" faces seems like something someone would worry about during a manic phase. But at the same time, like you said, it was 5 years ago. If there were recordings of me arguing with my parents at that age I don't think I'd come out of it looking great. Would people be attacking the kids over this? Most of the stuff I've seen is going after K Fed for being a bitter free loader. I'd be disappointed it the kids were getting abused but people suck so who knows.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

@AgentRXS apparently this didn’t start with Kevin posting this video. Britney made a post on Instagram which has since been taken down about Kevin’s house having more weed than various rappers whom she named. SMH. So he responded by posting videos from 5-6 years ago of Britney trying to discipline her kids thinking that would prove she’s a horrible mother I guess?

It is obvious that Britney has mental health issues and with that likely has/had difficulty interacting with her kids. I’m betting her being under a conservatorship didn’t help their relationship either and contributed to the lack of respect her kids showed her in those videos. But the fact that Kevin posted those videos is extremely problematic. He knows she has mental health issues. He knows he has kids to think about, their kids (even his kids with others who could be targeted by some of Britney’s crazed fans) and yet he posts it anyway. This is not a good look for him at all for various reasons. And makes me think he’s not the “good” parent everyone thinks he is. He may be more mentally stable than Britney but could let their kids run amok.

At this point, everyone is looking a mess and need to step away from SM and regular media, and do the real work to heal. 

• Like 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Enero said:

@AgentRXS apparently this didn’t start with Kevin posting this video. Britney made a post on Instagram which has since been taken down about Kevin’s house having more weed than various rappers whom she named. SMH. So he responded by posting videos from 5-6 years ago of Britney trying to discipline her kids thinking that would prove she’s a horrible mother I guess?

It is obvious that Britney has mental health issues and with that likely has/had difficulty interacting with her kids. I’m betting her being under a conservatorship didn’t help their relationship either and contributed to the lack of respect her kids showed her in those videos. But the fact that Kevin posted those videos is extremely problematic. He knows she has mental health issues. He knows he has kids to think about, their kids (even his kids with others who could be targeted by some of Britney’s crazed fans) and yet he posts it anyway. This is not a good look for him at all for various reasons. And makes me think he’s not the “good” parent everyone thinks he is. He may be more mentally stable than Britney but could let their kids run amok.

At this point, everyone is looking a mess and need to step away from SM and regular media, and do the real work to heal. 

Wow. I didn’t know about her deleted post.  I agree, they all need to get off social media. I feel for those boys when they go back to school. Having your parents argue on social media and one of them posting an video of an old argument with your mom is beyond embarrassing. I can’t imagine the kids being ok with that, despite what Kevin says.

Yes, all involved need to go to family therapy.

• Like 3
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, patriciahelenkit said:

People get confused about what feminism is, and what it isn't. If Britney threw dung first in that deleted post, it's perfectly fine to fight back.

That really depends on when Britney posted the now deleted post.  Did she do it unprovoked or did she post it after Kevin's Daily Mail interview? If it's the latter, then Kevin was the one who opened up this can of worms.  

• Love 5

I guess it depends on whether you consider the DM interview an attack on Britney or not.  I won't read DM, but if all he said was "the kids don't want to see her, it's their choice" then that isn't an attack at all.  And if Britney was so angry that her sons won't see her that she decided to attack their dad then she's the asshole.  OTOH if the article said "she's an unfit parent and the kids are scared of her" then her anger is a little more justified.  haven't seen the videos though, so I don't know what to say about that.  

ETA: OK, the link in that post to the video doesn't work for me.  I don't have insta so that might be why, or they are already gone.  Either way the description of the first video sounds slightly unhinged.  The second one is just a frustrated parent and is par for the course, but the first one?  That sounds like something that would be scary, especially if it was indicative of how things were on a regular basis.  And frankly, I wouldn't want to risk being around that either.

Also I kind of wonder why the kids thought it was important to keep video of their mom like that in the first place?  If it was recorded by accident and they wanted to show their dad maybe?  or if they were trying to prove that she was nuts so they wouldn't have to go back there?  it's just strange.

Edited by ouinason
got more info
6 hours ago, Enero said:

She got immediately backlash for that post because she only named black rappers who aren’t particularly known for smoking weed. 

She also made a post (which has also been deleted) calling out her kids “hateful” behavior of spending all their time with her in their room. She came across as pretty needy in the post. 

More entertaining to me is Britney’s upset that the Catholic Church not letting her get married in St. Peter’s Basilica unless she converted and took a TEST !!!! (emphasis hers) or visit during covid. 

I feel for everything Britney has been through (including having to co-parent with Kevin) but it seems like she would be a difficult person to have as a mother despite being well-intentioned. 

Edited to add the timing. Kevin did the interview and Sam responded with Britney responded shortly after that. Last night Britney made the post calling her son’s behavior hateful then Kevin released the videos. That was followed by Britney making the weed post. 

11 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

It was also shown as part of the short lived Krofft Supershow with other segments including Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, which continues to be remembered with fondness.

Lori & Judy!  I LOVED that show!  Serious blast from the past. 

I preferred all of the H.R. Puffesnstuff shows to cartoons.  Sigmund the Seamonster was a fave too.  And who didn't love Witchiepoo?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Dani said:

She got immediately backlash for that post because she only named black rappers who aren’t particularly known for smoking weed. 

She also made a post (which has also been deleted) calling out her kids “hateful” behavior of spending all their time with her in their room. She came across as pretty needy in the post. 

More entertaining to me is Britney’s upset that the Catholic Church not letting her get married in St. Peter’s Basilica unless she converted and took a TEST !!!! (emphasis hers) or visit during covid. 

I feel for everything Britney has been through (including having to co-parent with Kevin) but it seems like she would be a difficult person to have as a mother despite being well-intentioned. 

Edited to add the timing. Kevin did the interview and Sam responded with Britney responded shortly after that. Last night Britney made the post calling her son’s behavior hateful then Kevin released the videos. That was followed by Britney making the weed post. 

Now that Britney is free, I hope she can establish a stable of girlfriends who she can set up a group chat with, the way God intended.  All of these posts prime examples of what a group chat is for.  Then she can learn what thoughts to post and what thoughts to privately share.  

Of course, she is not the only celebrity who needs to learn this lesson.  It feels like once a week, some celebrity tweets out some thoughts that are better left in drafts or shared in the group chat.  Jane Lynch comes to mind with her tweet from a few weeks ago complaining about how "annoying" some womens' voices sound on podcasts and that women should consider modifying their voices to sound "better."  

• Love 5

So my husband grew up with a mentally ill mother. They stopped having a relationship when he was 13 once he was able to choose to live with his father and step mother and today they have a very distant relationship, so he was actually triggered by those videos because despite what her fans are saying, that’s not discipline, that’s a mentally unwell woman and her kids being at the mercy of it. The video of her in their room at night ranting about lotion and  shoes and the kids being confused why she’s choosing to do that now broke my heart. They don’t get it. My husband said his mom would do that a lot, just snap about something at the most random times, she once yelled at him because he didn’t put a towel in a hamper in the middle of his birthday party and when he would question why she was doing this she would say the exact same thing Britney said: she was his mom and he has to respect her. 

My heart certainly breaks for Britney, she needs help, but mental illness doesn’t make you untouchable. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, patriciahelenkit said:

Being a woman doesn't mean that you should never be humiliated by another woman or a man. Women are flawed people, not paragons of virtue humming along to the dead Helen Reddy. That whole song is based on a falsehood anyway as being marginalised or oppressed does not inherently make you a stronger or better person.

No one should be humiliated publicly on SM, imo, no matter their sex.

4 hours ago, patriciahelenkit said:

People get confused about what feminism is, and what it isn't. If Britney threw dung first in that deleted post, it's perfectly fine to fight back.

I don’t think 2 wrongs make a right 🤷‍♀️.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, WhitneyWhit said:

So my husband grew up with a mentally ill mother. They stopped having a relationship when he was 13 once he was able to choose to live with his father and step mother and today they have a very distant relationship, so he was actually triggered by those videos because despite what her fans are saying, that’s not discipline, that’s a mentally unwell woman and her kids being at the mercy of it. The video of her in their room at night ranting about lotion and  shoes and the kids being confused why she’s choosing to do that now broke my heart. They don’t get it. My husband said his mom would do that a lot, just snap about something at the most random times, she once yelled at him because he didn’t put a towel in a hamper in the middle of his birthday party and when he would question why she was doing this she would say the exact same thing Britney said: she was his mom and he has to respect her. 

My heart certainly breaks for Britney, she needs help, but mental illness doesn’t make you untouchable. 

Britney at the time those videos were taken was not well. She was being abused herself, whatever actual mental illness she is living with was being poorly treated in favour of medicating her to control her. I don't blame her sons if they choose to never have a relationship with her. It's not their job or responsibility to be the bigger person when their parent mistreats or they were scared or anything else. I can look at Britney and feel empathy but those boys don't owe her anything. They may one day want to form a relationship with her or they may never feel safe doing so. There is no wrong answer.

But that does not excuse Kevin Federline releasing these videos. That is a cruel thing to do to his kids and to Britney. This entire thing kicked off with him giving that interview. Clips and comments leaked and then Kevin, Victoria, Britney and Sam started taking shots at each other online. All of it is sad. All four of them should do better for the sake of those two kids who have had a very unstable upbringing because of Britney's issues and the conservatorship abuse she faced. Everyone needs to calm down and de-escalate the issue so those boys can have some peace and privacy.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

No one should be humiliated publicly on SM, imo, no matter their sex.

I don’t think 2 wrongs make a right 🤷‍♀️.

Agree. I don’t think it’s great to publicly say anything negative about minor kids, but putting those videos out there is so violating imo. All of this needs to stop.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Now that Britney is free, I hope she can establish a stable of girlfriends who she can set up a group chat with, the way God intended.  All of these posts prime examples of what a group chat is for.  Then she can learn what thoughts to post and what thoughts to privately share.  

Of course, she is not the only celebrity who needs to learn this lesson.  It feels like once a week, some celebrity tweets out some thoughts that are better left in drafts or shared in the group chat.  Jane Lynch comes to mind with her tweet from a few weeks ago complaining about how "annoying" some womens' voices sound on podcasts and that women should consider modifying their voices to sound "better."  

This. She posts and deletes so much I can’t even keep up with it. The girl needs real friends to help her navigate things.

Kevin deleted the videos of his IG, but the damage is already done. And if his wife’s kids are being supported off of and live lavishly because of Brit’s child support money, she needs to have several seats. 
At this point, I think Britney would be well within her rights to sign her parental rights away and let Kevin rot off the lack of a gravy train rolling in. 
I get why she doesn’t and wouldn’t want to, but I can’t wait for the day the asshole has to get a real job.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

At this point, I think Britney would be well within her rights to sign her parental rights away and let Kevin rot off the lack of a gravy train rolling in. 
I get why she doesn’t and wouldn’t want to, but I can’t wait for the day the asshole has to get a real job.

She wouldn't be within her rights to do that.  She has a legal fiscal obligation to her children that has been set by a judge or custody agreement.  That agreement may end at 18 unless a college education was part of the arrangement but she can't walk away any earlier than she could have before they divorced.  

• Love 11
14 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I was just thinking of Ruth Buzzi the other day. That skit, on Laugh-In with Arte Johnson, was funny. 

My favorite Ruth Buzzi character.

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

This. She posts and deletes so much I can’t even keep up with it. The girl needs real friends to help her navigate things.

I really hope she's getting some kind of therapy, because she really can't seem to help herself screaming at everyone how everything is their fault. She's reminds me of Rose McGowan who was also a victim, but won't stop blaming everyone in the world for what happened to her. Britney just keeps making posts screaming "and you! and you! and you!" at everyone, & now she's including her kids in the crazy publicly. Who knows what those poor kids have been going through in private. 

• Like 2
  • Love 9

More detail- 

However, the law enforcement insiders cautioned that fentanyl may have been administered to Heche at the hospital to help manage her pain after the accident, so they will do more testing to determine whether the fentanyl was in her system when she crashed.

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Heche allegedly tested positive for cocaine & fentanyl, no alcohol.

anne-heche-under-influence-of-cocaine-at-time-of-crash

I feel like her survival is unlikely at this point, which would probably be a blessing.

I'm tired of so many press statements that make it sound like Heche was a victim.   She came very close to killing two people, destroyed a house, and who knows what the after effects will be financially, and psychologically to the people living in the house.   The woman who used to live in the house says the car missed her by a couple of feet.      

She's no victim.    

However, the photo the salon owner posted not long before this happened shows she was already not right to drive.   

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm tired of so many press statements that make it sound like Heche was a victim.   She came very close to killing two people, destroyed a house, and who knows what the after effects will be financially, and psychologically to the people living in the house.   The woman who used to live in the house says the car missed her by a couple of feet.      

She's no victim.    

However, the photo the salon owner posted not long before this happened shows she was already not right to drive.   

She’s not a victim but she’s also in the hospital dying of smoke inhalation and third degree burns. People aren’t going to sound gleeful over anyone in that condition.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

She’s not a victim but she’s also in the hospital dying of smoke inhalation and third degree burns. People aren’t going to sound gleeful over anyone in that condition.

I'm certainly not gleeful, but it's all her fault that she's in this condition. Nobody did anything to her, she made the choices & did it to herself. I just can't feel sorry for her.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
44 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

She's no victim.    

I didn’t read that article  as making her out to be a victim. 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by Cinnabon
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I didn’t read that article  as making her out to be a victim. 🤷‍♀️ 

That article doesn't, but I've read others and the statements of support that sound like she is a victim, and not the people she almost killed.  

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

That article doesn't, but I've read others and the statements of support that sound like she is a victim, and not the people she almost killed.  

I haven’t heard anyone here say that. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GaT said:

I'm certainly not gleeful, but it's all her fault that she's in this condition. Nobody did anything to her, she made the choices & did it to herself. I just can't feel sorry for her.

Uh ... her father raped her as a little kid and her mother betrayed her by becoming a gay conversion therapist? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Uh ... her father raped her as a little kid and her mother betrayed her by becoming a gay conversion therapist? 

Yes, that's terrible, but it doesn't give her the right to destroy other people. The bad things that happened to her weren't her choice or fault, the bad things she did to other people are. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
8 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Good points.  Most people can’t understand how stressful and painful living with a person who suffers with mental illness can be, if their symptoms are not well managed.  One common problem is that there’s always a battle. Always someone bothering them…..someone against them…..never their fault….Eventually, people avoid them and don’t want to hear more of those accusations as it’s exasperating, especially if they resist treatment.   Imo, sadly, Britney will eventually take issue with other people that are close to her.  The list of those she is estranged from is growing.  

Kevin’s intentions may be good, but his public representations aren’t helpful.  He needs professional help with problem solving skills.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, GaT said:

Yes, that's terrible, but it doesn't give her the right to destroy other people. The bad things that happened to her weren't her choice or fault, the bad things she did to other people are. 

I don’t think that anyone is saying that it gives her that right or that she’s not at fault. I feel compassion for her because the price she is paying right now is steeper than what fits her actions. There is a very good chance she will not survive and if she does will have lasting consequences. If she survives I imagine the tone of the press will change and become more critical. For the moment there’s really no point when she’s not even conscious. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
41 minutes ago, GaT said:

She didn't destroy other people though. She destroyed herself. She's not going to make it and I wouldn't be surprised if she's taken off life support in the next few days. 

Yes she was reckless and didn't make good choices. But she's about to die an agonizingly painful death. I feel like she's suffered enough.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 8