Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, MsTree said:

What the hell is wrong with Angelina Jolie filing this anonymous (Jane Doe) lawsuit against the FBI?  Findings were revealed in 2016...no wrongdoing by Brad Pitt. So what the hell is her problem?  She obviously hates the man and wants to bury his career with more bullshit.

Let me say this, if my mother tried to destroy my father every time he slapped me, the guy would be a dead man. Get over it, bitch. That was 6 years ago. Allegedly, it happened, he apologized, went to therapy, etc. and it's over. Can't you just move on??

To be fair, it has only been speculated that Miss Jolie COULD be the plaintiff in this suit not that she is, in fact, the Jane Doe in question.  Yes, the circumstances that plaintiff is describing do sound very similar to what has been alleged to have happened to Miss Jolie's son Maddox during a clash with Mr. Pitt and, yes, this incident related also was on a plane. However, Miss Jolie and her family are not the only family who were traveling on private planes in 2016- nor the only ones to ever have altercations between a father and son.

OK, IF it turns out that Miss Jolie is behind this suit there are two things to keep in mind. One is that it would be a virtual snowball's chance in a blast furnace for her (or any private citizen) to WIN a suit against the entire FBI. Secondly, Maddox Jolie is now 21 years old- a legal adult so shouldn't Miss Jolie leave it up to HIM whether he wants to pursue any kind of legal action against his onetime adoptive father Mr. Pitt instead of bringing forth any legal actions on his supposed behalf?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I find that Gawker media post so incredibly disingenuous.  Moaning about a person who "never seems to run out of things to post of instagram"  and "Why did Teigen post this photo?'  Uh... it is INSTAGRAM you idiots.  The whole reason for Insta is for people to post pictures for any reason or no reason at all.  It is kinda like asking why someone posted a dance video on Tik Tok.  Utterly bizzarre take by them because this is positively banal by any measure.

7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I mean, hey, what she's doing really isn't that far off from what the Kardashians did/do, and BB didn't have the benefit of celebrity friends that they did. You can't fault a girl who can hustle, right?

I am an old, so I have very little idea who Bhad Bhabie is but I always respect a solid hustle.  And I give her more props than I to the K Klan because they are the examples of the 'born on third base but act like they hit a home run' crew.

• Love 17
17 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Angelina Jolie has gone scorched earth in the divorce from day 1.   Because she can't have done anything wrong, nor can her narrative been less than perfect.   This fits right in with this.   No she cannot let go until everyone acknowledges she was right and Brad is a terrible horrible human being.   The FBI report gets in the way of that.   Therefore it must go away or be proved WRONG.   

Thank you! That was exactly my point. I wasn't concerned about the legalities, but more about why this chick just can't let sleeping dogs lie. I mean, come on, 6 years and she's still bitching about her ex? She's never going to be happy unless she buries the poor guy 🙄

• Love 13

FWIW,  boiled down to essentials: from the description of the incident, the Jane Doe who filed suit against the FBI for non-prosecution of her onetime husband could be Angelina Jolie (and, yes, I agree that  it would fit Miss Jolie's MO these past six years).However, since that family wasn't the only one to  travel via private plane or have clashes between father and son (even in the year in question), doesn't mean that  said Jane Doe must be Miss Jolie. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

Ellen Pompeo says Katherine Heigl was right about the working hours at Grey’s Anatomy

Well that’s only about ten years delayed.  Way to have her back there, Ellen. 

I posted this on the greys media thread. Ellen did an article about six years ago discussing Heigls exit and how she took a big pay rise and then wanted out of her contract. At a time when Heigls reputation was already tanking Ellen deliberately made it worse so I’m seriously side eyeing her sudden support. 

I don’t think Heigl was an angel. I hated how she handled the exit and her general behaviour back then was off putting. However, that Greys set was/is fucking toxic and full of big egos. It wouldn’t shock me if Pompeo was a ringleader in it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

Ellen Pompeo says Katherine Heigl was right about the working hours at Grey’s Anatomy

So I am always curious when stars talk about long hours on a set. In that article Pompeo says they work 17 hour days. But no actor is in every scene of every episode of a show. So how much of that 17 hours is spent hanging out in your dressing room, or eating food from craft services? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

That's revisionist history.  Her comments about long hours barely made a blip on anyone's radar since actors high on the call sheet have been talking about long hours on set for years.

It was her Vanity Fair interview re: that Judd Apatow movie followed by her comments about the subpar writing she felt she was getting on Grey's.  True or not, you do not shit on your employers in public.  You can complain about your work hours all day long and nobody will care, but you complain about your boss and they hear it, then yeah consequences.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
33 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

but you complain about your boss and they hear it, then yeah consequences.

Charlie Sheen would know something about that.

34 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

It was her Vanity Fair interview re: that Judd Apatow movie followed by her comments about the subpar writing she felt she was getting on Grey's.

Yeah she didn't do herself any favors being so outspoken about things.  But she continued to get work and still does.  I've always liked her and honestly leaving Grey's was probably the best decision she could make.  

1 hour ago, Avabelle said:

It wouldn’t shock me if Pompeo was a ringleader in it.

I always got a mean girl vibe from her.  I was vaguely aware of who she was before Grey's and when the show debuted and it was built around her I thought well this seems like an odd choice. And as time went on and it became the whole thing of GA continues as long as EP wants it to I once again thought this seems like an odd choice.  I'm guessing someone must really like her.  Have we heard any castmates say they really like her?

• Love 9

She’s the queen bee and ABC seem to be right up her ass. Anytime she speaks she just comes across so out of touch and ego centric. I’d say it’s more a case that you have to play the game with her to stay comfortable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

I’d say it’s more a case that you have to play the game with her to stay comfortable.

But why?  She wasn't an A lister before GA and I would argue even with GA she isn't really an A lister.  Do people who don't watch GA know who she is? Since Grey's started she has done next to nothing when it comes to other projects. Now that may be because she didn't want to and wanted to have family time or it could be because she isn't someone people want to hire for their projects. Whether it is because they don't think she is right for a part or because they don't want to deal with her I don't know.  

24 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

But why?  She wasn't an A lister before GA and I would argue even with GA she isn't really an A lister.  Do people who don't watch GA know who she is? Since Grey's started she has done next to nothing when it comes to other projects. Now that may be because she didn't want to and wanted to have family time or it could be because she isn't someone people want to hire for their projects. Whether it is because they don't think she is right for a part or because they don't want to deal with her I don't know.  

Hasn't she said that she has no interest in doing other acting outside of Grey's Anatomy? Which I get. She is making and has made crazy money off that show. And she is a 52 year old woman who is not that great an actress. If it was me I probably wouldn't bother with the massive hassle of reading scripts and going on auditions and all the other crap you have to do to get roles in movies.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

One thing that's missing from that article about the long hours is after Heigl got on Letterman and complained about the hours, the show responded that those hours were temporary and specifically to accommodate her request to take time off to be on Letterman. Heigl then backpedaled and pretended like she had no clue.

But seriously you don't know the hours you usually work and then don't just ask when you're required to work more? I think she knew exactly why but didn't expect to be called out because she wanted to be the martyr of the story for PR purposes. Really, time and again, she had what could have been valid things to complain about (the writing, the hours), but she never handled it the right way--she'd apparently blindside people by giving interviews and ranting about things she'd never brought up to them before. That's why I've never bought that she is being unfairly blackballed in the industry. You don't act that way on many jobs regardless of the industry and develop a reputation as someone people want to work with. 

I never watched the show, but everything I've ever read about Grey's Anatomy makes me think backstage was a toxic mess. Heigl and Pompeo have both always struck me as absolutely insufferable too. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 21
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

She doesn't even seem to be blacklisted. She's the co-lead in Firefly Lane, which was renewed for a second season, she apparently has a mini-series coming up, and she has credits for almost every year since Grey's.

Yeah she still seems to be in projects, but I've routinely heard people claim she is unfairly blacklisted from the industry. 

• Love 1

Actress Jennifer Grey is ready to spill her tea.

The actress, of course, became one of the most recognizable stars in the world during the 1980s thanks to her performances in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Red Dawn, and in particular, Dirty Dancing. She also had a profound influence on the culture of the time; she recently revealed that her break-up with Matthew Broderick inspired Madonna‘s song “Express Yourself.”

The 62-year-old star will tell all in her forthcoming memoir Out of the Corner due on bookshelves on May 3. Just ahead of the release of the book, Grey opened up about one of the most traumatic moments of her life: having her father outed as gay to her.

Grey’s dad, incidentally, is Oscar-winning actor Joel Grey, known for his performance in Cabaret as well as on stage in Wicked. Joel married Jennifer’s mother Jo in 1958; the couple divorced in 1982. He officially came out to the world in 2015, and revealed that his family had long known about his attraction to men.

Of course, Jennifer didn’t always know about her dad. Speaking to People, the actress previewed a passage from her memoir in which she recalled the mother of then-boyfriend Broderick outing Joel to her.

https://www.queerty.com/jennifer-grey-recalls-father-outed-matthew-brodericks-mom-know-dads-fg-20220422

Yeah, I'm totally reading this book.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

I won't get into the fairness, because that's too murky, but Katherine's definitely blacklisted.  Women want the career of Julia Roberts, not to be just relegated to Netflix (though obviously all the big stars are doing TV now -- that wasn't her plan after Knocked Up, believe me!)

I'm sure she wanted a Rachel McAdams type of career.  Rachel is certainly not doing a Netflix show (or wherever Firefly Lane is?) and even Rachel has the career she has with saying No to huge projects like "The Devil Wears Prada".

Katherine has done some of the worst movies I've ever seen.  I know movies like 27 Dresses have their fans but I am not one of them.  And I never saw "Life as We Know it" because the previews displayed a baby shitting on her face.  I was like yeah i'm not seeing that.  I don't need to know about that life.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, Blergh said:

FWIW,  boiled down to essentials: from the description of the incident, the Jane Doe who filed suit against the FBI for non-prosecution of her onetime husband could be Angelina Jolie (and, yes, I agree that  it would fit Miss Jolie's MO these past six years).However, since that family wasn't the only one to  travel via private plane or have clashes between father and son (even in the year in question), doesn't mean that  said Jane Doe must be Miss Jolie. 

Again, not interested in the essentials. It's a fact that she hates Brad, would like nothing better than for all the kids to ignore him, and probably wouldn't shed a tear if she never saw or heard from him again.

FWIW, perhaps I shouldn't have used the lawsuit as a jumping off point even though TMZ and every other entertainment outlet is reporting it as such, but that does NOT change the fact that Jolie is still at odds with her ex SIX years later and just can't seem to let it go. She's a very bitter, vindictive woman holding a grudge and tearing a family apart over an incident that is continuing to damage the kids mentally, when instead they should be healing. Unfortunately, she will not allow that to happen.

Edited by MsTree
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Actress Jennifer Grey is ready to spill her tea.

The 62-year-old star will tell all in her forthcoming memoir Out of the Corner due on bookshelves on May 3. Just ahead of the release of the book, Grey opened up about one of the most traumatic moments of her life: having her father outed as gay to her.

Wait, there was a time when people thought Joel Grey was straight?

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

Back in the day, it was politely ignored.  Like many gay men of that era, Grey got married and had kids.  His marriage was pretty long lasting too.  So, magazines and such emphasized the wife and kids and people generally kept their suspicions to themselves, at least publicly.  I am sure amongst those who knew him, it was not really a secret.

Even today, people assume you are 100% straight if you are married to a member of the opposite sex especially if you have biological children. Many people automatically assume a gay person is incapable of having intercourse with a member of the opposite sex, which is not the case for some.  Or that they cannot have romantic love for a member of the opposite sex.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
52 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Even today, people assume you are 100% straight if you are married to a member of the opposite sex especially if you have biological children. Many people automatically assume a gay person is incapable of having intercourse with a member of the opposite sex, which is not the case for some.  Or that they cannot have romantic love for a member of the opposite sex.  

But OTOH, I think it's a bit much how it seems that 'he likes showtunes so he MUST be gay/ she likes sports so she MUST be a lesbian'  criteria bandied about aren't that different from the old stereotypes that unconventional straight and gay folks in the past fought AGAINST . IOW, yes, while I admit that it wasn't a surprise that Mr. Grey turned out to be gay as per his coming out, that doesn't mean that I didn't think it was possible that he and others who aren't macho jocks/ genteel dames might have been completely hetero despite not fitting the stereotypes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, Blergh said:

that doesn't mean that I didn't think it was possible that he and others who aren't macho jocks/ genteel dames might have been completely hetero despite not fitting the stereotypes. 

Exactly!  One of my sisters was very sporty growing up (played hockey in winter, baseball in summer), not interested in hair/nails/make-up or swooning over the latest boy band type thing so of course she got teased at school a lot about being a "homo".  Hurtful behavior from others, gay or not, but she wasn't gay and how insulting to women to assume you must be if you aren't interested in stereotypical "girlie" things.  

Edited by SusanM
  • Love 22
14 hours ago, MsTree said:

Again, not interested in the essentials. It's a fact that she hates Brad, would like nothing better than for all the kids to ignore him, and probably wouldn't shed a tear if she never saw or heard from him again.

FWIW, perhaps I shouldn't have used the lawsuit as a jumping off point even though TMZ and every other entertainment outlet is reporting it as such, but that does NOT change the fact that Jolie is still at odds with her ex SIX years later and just can't seem to let it go. She's a very bitter, vindictive woman holding a grudge and tearing a family apart over an incident that is continuing to damage the kids mentally, when instead they should be healing. Unfortunately, she will not allow that to happen.

Well, I don't consider TMZ and other outlets to be Sinai Tablet equivalents (e.g. I haven't forgotten how they unquestionably accepted and repeated Mr. Spears's spins re why Miss Spears HAD to be under his conservatorship in perpetuity- and seemed to do their best to trash if not quash evidence presented to the contrary for a very long time) . Hence,  just because they've tried to pitch the scenario of   ' since Miss Jolie HAS  been grinding an axe re Mr. Pitt for six years, she MUST be (instead of merely could  be) THE Jane Doe in this case', doesn't mean I'm ready to buy said pitch. 

Now, if any news outlet   has actual evidence beyond the suit itself having been  filed as has been reported, I might be more willing to give them credence but, as of now, I don't consider their take on the suit's existence as irrefutable evidence in itself of Miss Jolie's evident vindictiveness towards Mr. Pitt. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 2

Ehh... depends on who you talk to. Every step you take towards heteronormativity (e.g. marriage, children, etc.) usually quells the speculation about celebs. But some people only become more convinced that you're closeted and hiding your sexuality.

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Ehh... depends on who you talk to. Every step you take towards heteronormativity (e.g. marriage, children, etc.) usually quells the speculation about celebs. But some people only become more convinced that you're closeted and hiding your sexuality.

Yeah, there are some specific fandoms that have a group of people that are... not ok with the actors/creators having families.  

I have never quite understood the obsession, or at least fixation, that some fans have with the sexuality of celebrities.  I do see some of the "but he's really one of us" stuff, but there is a lot of "these two guys are in love and their wives are just beards and they are FORCING THEM TO HAVE BABIES!!".  I get wanting to see yourself in the famous people on your screens every day, the other one... I do not get.

• Love 18

I do see some of the "but he's really one of us" stuff

I see a lot more of this. I still think Kate Winslet is a little ridiculous for those comments about why Ammonite was totally cool but I do think there's a sense from the people gossiping that actors staying closeted maintains a stigma about not being straight. If someone insists that they're straight, I might believe the gossip but I won't engage in it. I will say, I do think it happens more with men but that has so much to do with acceptable gender norms, women being allowed more sexual fluidity, etc.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

Yeah, there are some specific fandoms that have a group of people that are... not ok with the actors/creators having families.  

I have never quite understood the obsession, or at least fixation, that some fans have with the sexuality of celebrities.  I do see some of the "but he's really one of us" stuff, but there is a lot of "these two guys are in love and their wives are just beards and they are FORCING THEM TO HAVE BABIES!!".  I get wanting to see yourself in the famous people on your screens every day, the other one... I do not get.

Neither do I. A person’s sexuality is nobody’s business.

• Love 20

Richard Chamberlain, beloved for his ruggedly masculine performances, especially in The Thorn Birds and Shogun, publicly admitted to being gay at 69. And he was still telling actors to stay in the closet in 2010.

I don't care about his sexuality, but Joel Gray is guilty of one of the worst cases of yellowface since the Charlie Chan movies. In the mostly forgotten Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins, based on the long-running Destroyer book series, Grey played a Korean martial arts master. Somehow this rated a Golden Globe nomination. Yes, this is Joel Gray:

1308127041_1.jpg

Grey (a terrific actor who was rightly lauded for his turn as the MC in Cabaret) plays Chiun like an effeminate bird who mangles his l’s and r’s all over the place while his accent wonders across several hemispheres...Being a mystical chop sock “Oriental” he is of course endowed with sage-like wisdom and rather awkwardly realised eccentric “charm”.

I realize he didn't write the lines but he willing chose to play an Asian character, as a white man, that was entirely made up of stereotypes, and he leaned into that hard.

• Useful 4
10 hours ago, Blergh said:

Well, I don't consider TMZ and other outlets to be Sinai Tablet equivalents (e.g. I haven't forgotten how they unquestionably accepted and repeated Mr. Spears's spins re why Miss Spears HAD to be under his conservatorship in perpetuity- and seemed to do their best to trash if not quash evidence presented to the contrary for a very long time) . Hence,  just because they've tried to pitch the scenario of   ' since Miss Jolie HAS  been grinding an axe re Mr. Pitt for six years, she MUST be (instead of merely could  be) THE Jane Doe in this case', doesn't mean I'm ready to buy said pitch. 

Now, if any news outlet   has actual evidence beyond the suit itself having been  filed as has been reported, I might be more willing to give them credence but, as of now, I don't consider their take on the suit's existence as irrefutable evidence in itself of Miss Jolie's evident vindictiveness towards Mr. Pitt. 

I give up. 🙄

Edited by MsTree
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I’m very excited for Jennifer Grey’s book. I never thought it was fair that she got so much crap for one stupid nose-job. 

I never thought she should’ve gotten one in the first place. She was beautiful with her original , unique nose.

• Love 19
13 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I realize he didn't write the lines but he willing chose to play an Asian character, as a white man, that was entirely made up of stereotypes, and he leaned into that hard.

I'm not defending Joel Gray exactly but in 1985 there wasn't the sensitivity we expect now. It's a problem with a lot of older movies and TV shows. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I'm not defending Joel Gray exactly but in 1985 there wasn't the sensitivity we expect now. It's a problem with a lot of older movies and TV shows. 

True but that is mostly because the people who were upset by that type of thing were largely ignored. Soul Man came out in 1985 so there was enough sensitivity on racial issues generally that those involved should have none that it was at least a questionable decision. This was also post Karate Kid so going with a white actor in makeup over an Asian actor was a clear choice rather than it just being the norm like in Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

Personally, I don’t condemn actors for doing things like that in the past but I wish there was more discussion about it rather than the tendency my many* to write it off just the way things were done or PC culture. I really appreciate the actors like Hank Azaria and Fisher Stevens who are willing to engage in a discussion on the topic and acknowledge the hurt involved. 

*I am speaking generally and not about anyone here specifically. 

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, tessaray said:

I'm sure Asian actors and people always had a major problem with it but nobody cared what they had to say or think.

Yellowface still exists in Hollywood today.  It was on SNL and How I Met Your Mother in the 2010s.  I would argue it was in Blade Runner 2049 and that was 2017.  We still see examples of this.

And, as Dani brings up, Hank Azaria only stopped being Apu recently.  He announced he was stopping January 2020.  

This is not a problem that has disappeared completely.  People are not across the board sensitive to it.  It's just that marginalized communities have better mediums for being heard now and the people in power are sometimes being asked to answer for things.

If it wasn't for activism on Twitter, documentaries, etc. then there would be not as much change because nobody would want to.  And people still don't want to, it's just that their hand is being forced.  Many people were extremely, extremely angry about Hank not playing Apu anymore.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, festivus said:

I know. I imagine the pressure she was under in Hollywood went something like this:

"Your look is too unique. We can't hire you."

"You look too generic now. Nobody knows who you are. We can't hire you."

FTR, I loved, loved her original looks but I don't think she should have to take the crap she does for giving in to the pressure. Women are made to feel bad about their natural look all the time. Constantly. Not everyone has it in them to keep ignoring that.

2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I never thought she should’ve gotten one in the first place. She was beautiful with her original , unique nose.

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I agree, but she didn’t deserve being called a sell-out for doing what thousands of other actresses have already done.

1 hour ago, tessaray said:

What's amazing to me is that Jennifer took all the crap for the nose job, but I have never heard anybody say anything about her father's nose job, when his nose is so obviously the result of surgery. He has one of those "too done" noses, it's barely visible on his face, but nobody gives him crap about it.

• Love 4

I liked Jennifer Grey's original nose better, but I think she's still an attractive woman either way. I think what probably hurt her more than the nose job compared to other celebrities who have also had plastic surgery is simply the fact she got it after she got famous verses before and the change was so different. Still, it's her business, not anyone else's.  

Edited by Zella
  • Love 18
23 minutes ago, Zella said:

I liked Jennifer Grey's original nose better, but I think she's still an attractive woman either way. I think what probably hurt her more than the nose job compared to other celebrities who have also had plastic surgery is simply the fact she got it after she got famous verses before and the change was so different. Still, it's her business, not anyone else's.  

This. I don’t remember her being criticized for getting the nose job but that people just did it recognize her afterwards. In press for her new books she talks about feeling invisible after the surgery and that Michael Douglas, who was a friend, didn’t even recognize her. 

I’m curious to read her new book. It sounds like she has a different perspective on the experience now based on the press she is now doing. 

In her book, Grey touches on being shunned by Hollywood, writing: 'I spent so much energy trying to figure out what I did wrong, why I was banished from the kingdom. That's a lie. I banished myself.'

4 minutes ago, Dani said:

that Michael Douglas, who was a friend, didn’t even recognize her. 

I did not know about that, but I can actually see what happened. Honestly, I've not recognized people after they've shaved their facial hair or changed their hair. Changing a pretty prominent part of their face can make a big difference. 

Her book does sound interesting!

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I've probably watched her episode of "Friends" a million times, yet I often forget it's her when I see it.  She played Mindy in "The One with the Evil Orthodontist".

Most beautiful actresses all got nose jobs at some point.  But Jennifer's original nose was so distinct and she had it when she got famous.  That's why SJP and Barbra Streisand didn't change their looks too dramatically. They both got work done but they still have the prominent noses.

2 hours ago, aradia22 said:

There was so much chatter when Renee Zellwegger "reappeared." And people still won't lay off Nicole Kidman.

I've said this before but it is distracting when an actor's face doesn't move or their face is all you can focus on and you can't concentrate on the acting or the movie.  That's what moviemaking is.  It's supposed to transport you and let reality fall away.  You can't do that if you keep thinking about the facework.  Women with a lot of procedures are doing period pieces too, and sometimes that's really all I can think about.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I’m very excited for Jennifer Grey’s book. I never thought it was fair that she got so much crap for one stupid nose-job. 

I saw in 'People' that she was shocked/appalled to find out that Andy Warhol said that Joel Grey didn't love her enough to have gotten her a nose job before she became a public figure. I fully agree that it was a meanspirited and snotty thing to say about BOTH the Greys. However, when was the late Andy Warhol not a completely shallow and pretentious phony? Count me as someone grateful to have never met him!

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Zella said:

I did not know about that, but I can actually see what happened. Honestly, I've not recognized people after they've shaved their facial hair or changed their hair. Changing a pretty prominent part of their face can make a big difference. 

Her book does sound interesting!

She was a main cast member playing herself on a “blink and miss it” sitcom called It’s Like You Know back circa 1999. Her nose job and people unable to recognize her was a running gag. (Why do I remember this but can’t remember to move the laundry to the dryer?)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I've said this before but it is distracting when an actor's face doesn't move or their face is all you can focus on and you can't concentrate on the acting or the movie.  That's what moviemaking is.  It's supposed to transport you and let reality fall away.  You can't do that if you keep thinking about the face work.  Women with a lot of procedures are doing period pieces too, and sometimes that's really all I can think about.  

I'm not a huge Julia Roberts fan, but the girl is definitely letting her 54 year-old crows feet hang out in recent photos.   Not sure if she Botox's her forehead, as it's pretty smooth.  But she's not trying to hard to revert back to her teens, surgically.   

She & Nicole K. are the same age, but Nic looks so much more plastic.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 7