Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

I was not thinking of buying an entire house for $12000 LOL but for a mortgage payment or Air BNB rental payment or something.  Or, he could have done this several times over.  It just doesn't really make me suspicious because it is his own money.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I was not thinking of buying a house for $12000 LOL but for a mortgage payment or Air BNB rental payment or something.  I don't know.  It just doesn't really make me suspicious because it is his own money.  

Yeah It didn't make me suspicious either, though I've never physically made that big of a withdrawal in cash and am not really sure what it would be for off the top of my head. I also don't blame him for wanting it to be counted discretely. 

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Couldn't it have been a real estate payment/down payment for something?  

He explained to the police. Quote is from The Wrap

“I’m trying to pull money out of my own account,” Coogler explains to officers, now outside near a squad car. “It’s a medical assistant that works at my house and prefers to be paid in cash. … Every time I make a withdrawal to pay her … if I don’t write it down on a note, the whole bank is looking at me.”

8 hours ago, SusannahM said:

Totally agree but I'm curious too.  No reason to believe it was for anything underhanded.  Maybe he's an awesome tipper.  Maybe it just comes down to "the rich are different" but I can't help wondering why he needed that amount in cash.

There are several Youtube videos showing the arrest and detention of Mr. Coogler. In the longest one he explains that his Nanny prefers to be paid in cash, and he agreed to that. She and another staff member were in the car waiting for him to return.

In the video he is confused and afraid and on the verge of tears. He asked to have his handcuffs removed after the Police realized that there was no bank robbery. But the longest video that I viewed (about 10 mins) the officer kept trying to explain that they were not at fault for arresting him and he kept trying to get them to understand that he is afraid by what is happening to him at this very minute. Coogler was calm beyond belief. I think it is him calm that kept the officers (about five of them) from pushing back in their usual manner.

I worked for the Postal Service in a previous lifetime and had to handle large sums of cash, All the teller had to do was let Mr. Coogler know that the limit was $10K and she would have to do two separate transactions. After seeing the interior of the bank with it separate glass enclosed sections, there was no way she or her manager should have thought a man who gives you his bank card and ID with the transaction receipt is robbing them. 

This could have turned out much worse.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, photo7521 said:

In the longest one he explains that his Nanny prefers to be paid in cash, and he agreed to that. She and another staff member were in the car waiting for him to return.

Leads me to even more curiosity!  The Nanny, his employee,  gets to decide how she gets paid?  And she gets somewhere in the neighbourhood of $12K in cash on designated paydays?  This sounds like one of those "fast facts of the rich and famous" that make me go "yikes"!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SusannahM said:

Leads me to even more curiosity!  The Nanny, his employee,  gets to decide how she gets paid?  And she gets somewhere in the neighbourhood of $12K in cash on designated paydays?  This sounds like one of those "fast facts of the rich and famous" that make me go "yikes"!

Yeah and he's admitting he pays at least one employee under the table.  I'm sure the IRS would like to know the details of that. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Yeah and he's admitting he pays at least one employee under the table.  I'm sure the IRS would like to know the details of that. 

Getting paid cash doesn't necessarily equal under the table.  I had a job once where I got paid cash, but I still got a pay stub and they took out taxes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

What sucks though, of course, is he didn't intend to put his personal financial decisions out there for us to pick over!  I freely admit to being nosy but I also concede that what he does with his own money is his own business!

• Love 19
6 hours ago, photo7521 said:

There are several Youtube videos showing the arrest and detention of Mr. Coogler. In the longest one he explains that his Nanny prefers to be paid in cash, and he agreed to that. She and another staff member were in the car waiting for him to return.

He specifically says he is paying a medical assistance that works for his family. He also refers to a baby nurse who was one of the people with him that was detained. They may or may not be the same person. I’m guessing they are not because he doesn’t seem to use the two terms interchangeably. 

26 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

What sucks though, of course, is he didn't intend to put his personal financial decisions out there for us to pick over!  I freely admit to being nosy but I also concede that what he does with his own money is his own business!

I agree. He is extremely private. It wasn’t even publicly known that he had a young baby before this. 

42 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I think this whole situation proves the dangers of jumping to conclusions. 

Yeah the cash thing can still be documented. I prefer checks for my freelance business, but one time, I ended up with cash, and it was hardly me being paid under the table. It still got reported as income, and I still paid taxes on it. 

The main thing that new info makes me think is it's such a security issue for him now for everyone to know that he regularly has large amounts of cash on him (at least for a little bit)--and for the employee for people to know that about them. I'm sure that's exactly the kind of situation he was wanting to avoid by having the manager assist him in private and now it's way more than everyone in the bank knowing. :( 

• Love 20
10 hours ago, Dani said:

“I’m trying to pull money out of my own account,” Coogler explains to officers, now outside near a squad car. “It’s a medical assistant that works at my house and prefers to be paid in cash. … Every time I make a withdrawal to pay her … if I don’t write it down on a note, the whole bank is looking at me.”

So unless he just hired this lady, he's done this before, possibly at the same bank. It makes the suspicion on the part of the bank employees make even less sense.

My dad used to give me like $400 cash to buy my textbooks in college, and it made me so nervous carrying that much cash around. I can't imagine being paid thousands of dollars in cash and having it on hand.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Fool to cry said:

Women who are already in business are going to be soooooo grateful for that advice Kim!

I imagine Twitter is having a field day with sex tape jokes after that advice. 

This quote comes to mind when I read Kim’s advice:

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." - Barry Switzer

Edited by Guest
6 hours ago, Fool to cry said:

Women who are already in business are going to be soooooo grateful for that advice Kim!

Gee, what a great way to cement the good will   of many actual struggling working women (and men) who'd sympathized with her over what she's had to deal with re her ex- husband in recent weeks- NOT!

NOT that she (and especially her kids) don't deserve for their persons, safety, properties and loved ones to remain safe- regardless of any inane commentary on her part.

However, is there ANYone in her circle who might have tried to advise her that it would have been in her better interest to just not say anything on that subject especially during these times?

• Love 16

If you haven't seen, Grimes and Elon Musk had a secret second child. No one caught her looking pregnant because they used a surrogate. She had a pretty bad time with the first pregnancy and I won't drag her for that. But I generally find her exhaustingly pretentious. The kid is named Exa Dark Sideræl Musk, and her explanation why is equally tortured. She also described the relationship as fluid and they planned to have three or four kids altogether. That was some time ago, as now the interview has been published she says they've broken up again.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

She also described the relationship as fluid and they planned to have three or four kids altogether. That was some time ago, as now the interview has been published she says they've broken up again.

Because that's heallthy for the kids to see:  Mommy and Daddy just get together when we want to have kids.   The rest of the time we can't stand each other.

They are using a surrogate.   Like why bother?   These people are just weird.   They think they are so avant garde and edgy but they are just weird people who think way to highly of their genes.

As for Kim K.   Even she doesn't work that hard.   Her mom finds all her deals and Kim just signs whatever contract is stuck in front of her face.   Kim K's "job" is to be photographed.   PERIOD.   The only "effort" she puts into her "job" is to make sure she looks good (she has a glam squad for that) and is wearing whatever brand she is  hired to endorse.   Sooooooo hard.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
On 3/11/2022 at 9:52 AM, roseslg said:

I have taken out 12k before to pay my contractor.  He wanted to be paid in cash 🤷🏾‍♀️

Yeah, a lot of tradespeople prefer cash.

Some people just prefer getting paid in cash.  Some don’t trust banks.  I remember some interview with Leslie Jones saying that early on in her career she wanted to get paid in cash to the bewilderment of her business manager.

• Love 8

Oh no, we were just discussing her:  Hailey Bieber taken to the hospital with a blood clot.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/natashajokic1/hailey-bieber-blood-clot?d_id=3261184&ref=bftwbuzzfeed&utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bftwbuzzfeed

So glad she is going to be okay.

My older sister started experiencing "stroke like symptoms" at dinner in last August.  An ambulance rushed her to the hospital.   She had an aneurysm, there was nothing they could do.   She passed away from it.  I can just imagine where Justin and the rest of her family were going through while it was happening.

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

And others just don't like to pay taxes.  🤑

If someone wants to avoid paying taxes they wouldn’t be asking an employer to pay them over $10,000 in a single transaction. Withdrawing that much money in a single transaction immediately puts you on the IRS’s radar because it triggers the bank to file a currency transaction report. Paying someone under the table in that manner would be extremely stupid. 

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Oh no, we were just discussing her:  Hailey Bieber taken to the hospital with a blood clot.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/natashajokic1/hailey-bieber-blood-clot?d_id=3261184&ref=bftwbuzzfeed&utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bftwbuzzfeed

So glad she is going to be okay.

My older sister started experiencing "stroke like symptoms" at dinner in last August.  An ambulance rushed her to the hospital.   She had an aneurysm, there was nothing they could do.   She passed away from it.  I can just imagine where Justin and the rest of her family were going through while it was happening.

YIKES!! I hope that Mr. Bieber somehow was able to keep a cool head  during the dinner and do all he could to get her to the hospital (or at least summon help).  Truly, Mrs. Bieber needs all the foul-weather friends she can get in her corner!  This condition is something one can't ever play around with!  

Merylinkid@I'm truly sorry to hear that this happened to your sister and family! I hope you all are taking care of each other in spite of that horrific shock. 

One often  thinks this can only happen to older people but, alas, as in Mrs. Bieber's case, this can potentially happen at any age!

• Love 1
On 3/11/2022 at 12:20 PM, janie jones said:

So unless he just hired this lady, he's done this before, possibly at the same bank. It makes the suspicion on the part of the bank employees make even less sense.

The teller could've been a new employee, I guess.  But still, he handed her his ID, what bank robber is going to do that?

On 3/11/2022 at 3:04 PM, Fool to cry said:

Says the woman who's only famous because of a sex tape.  Thanks, Kim.

• Love 8

This is just disgusting

Stevie J Appears to Be Receiving Oral Sex During FaceTime Interview

However, it became clear quickly that SJ himself wasn't nearly in the same head space as her -- not only was he shirtless and lying in bed ... but he seemed to have company.

At one point -- after a mysterious hand enters Stevie's frame -- Henry flat out asks him what the heck is going on over there. He's coy about it and never directly cops to being on the receiving end of a sex act -- but that definitely seems to be what's happening here.

1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

The teller could've been a new employee, I guess.  But still, he handed her his ID, what bank robber is going to do that?

After listening to the recording of the call to the police, the teller doesn't sound like the sharpest knife. She told the 911 operator twice that he gave her his debit card and photo ID, but for some reason she had a problem with it being from California.

• Useful 7
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, merylinkid said:

As for Kim K.   Even she doesn't work that hard.   Her mom finds all her deals and Kim just signs whatever contract is stuck in front of her face.   Kim K's "job" is to be photographed.   PERIOD. 

To be fair, she has been studying (but not at any law school) to pass the bar, and did apparently pass the "baby bar", the equivalent of 1 year of law school in California last year (on her 4th try...but still.  At minimum, that shows her commitment to going through with the process.).  Research shows she's on schedule to take the actual bar exam sometime this year.

Even so, that doesn't take away any of the tone-deafness of the statement about women and work.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

We go to CVS. 

You are very, very wrong. Kim DOES go to CVS, just like us. I always dress in one of my favorite Balenciaga outfits when I go to CVS, don't you?

• LOL 18

5 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Yes Kim does work.  But school?  Obviously NOT hard enough at that.  I don't see her ever being a lawyer. 

But what she DOESN'T do is all the extra stuff most of us women do, in ADDITION, for ourselves & our families:

Do we really think she scrubs her own toilets?  We houseclean.  We shop for groceries.  We cook our meals.  We take care of our pets, no professional walkers.  We do our own laundry, we can't send everything out.  We drive ourselves to work, no Bentley's with a driver. We get our oil changed.  We go to CVS.  We pay our bills, not an accountant.  WE RAISE OUR OWN KIDS!

We do all the stupid, drudge-type tasks that we cannot afford to PAY others to do.  

Sure, she can probably make Mojitos, a grilled cheese & microwave popcorn.  But forget being like a real working woman.  

She wouldn't know where to start.

Exactly. I don't doubt Kim works hard. She seems like a hustler, and she probably would have made something of herself regardless of her background. Now with all due respect, I doubt she would have become insanely rich. It's also offensive to suggest most people don't work hard. Most people work hard but don't earn as much as they should. There is a reason people constantly say how being a parent is a ton of work and even adulting itself can be a lot. 

Most working people I know work at least around 40 hours a week. They then go home to clean, cook, do laundry, parent if they have children, run errands, etc. Some of them have long commutes that take up a ton of the day. Kim has someone to take care of everything so she can go to business meetings, photoshoots, film TV. A lot of moms have to decide if working outside of the home is even worth it with the cost of child care. There are people who work crazy hours/multiple jobs but will never have a fraction of Kim's money. I'm sure she means well, but she has no clue how the vast majority of people live. Everything from going to school to get a degree to starting a business is so much easier when you have money to fall back on. Most of us have to think long and hard before we throw thousands into anything. If the Kardashian boutiques didn't work out, they would be okay. If Kim ends up not doing anything with law, she will be a-okay. One of her sisters wanted to be a model, and all Kris had to do was take her to a modeling agency. Another sister is a so-called self-made billionaire. Are we supposed to really believe she would have been able to become that wealthy if she started a business from the ground up starting with nothing? I know so many intelligent, beautiful, talented people who lead regular lives despite working really hard.     

people-angry-at-kim-kardashian-variety-m

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, SVNBob said:

To be fair, she has been studying (but not at any law school) to pass the bar, and did apparently pass the "baby bar", the equivalent of 1 year of law school in California last year (on her 4th try...but still.  At minimum, that shows her commitment to going through with the process.).  Research shows she's on schedule to take the actual bar exam sometime this year.

If she just passed the baby bar she won’t be ready to take the bar this year.  You have to pass the baby bar to continue past the first year so if you fail on the first attempt you stop receiving study hour credit until you pass. She still has three years to complete. 

1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

Yes Kim does work.  But school?  Obviously NOT hard enough at that.

That really doesn’t mean she’s not studying hard enough. Both California bar exams are very difficult. For perspective the first year Kim took the baby bar she was one of 257 and only 22% passed. When she passed 272 people took it and only 14% passed. 

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Exactly. I don't doubt Kim works hard. She seems like a hustler, and she probably would have made something of herself regardless of her background. Now with all due respect, I doubt she would have become insanely rich. It's also offensive to suggest most people don't work hard. Most people work hard but don't earn as much as they should. There is a reason people constantly say how being a parent is a ton of work and even adulting itself can be a lot. 

Most working people I know work at least around 40 hours a week. They then go home to clean, cook, do laundry, parent if they have children, run errands, etc. Some of them have long commutes that take up a ton of the day. Kim has someone to take care of everything so she can go to business meetings, photoshoots, film TV. A lot of moms have to decide if working outside of the home is even worth it with the cost of child care. There are people who work crazy hours/multiple jobs but will never have a fraction of Kim's money. I'm sure she means well, but she has no clue how the vast majority of people live. Everything from going to school to get a degree to starting a business is so much easier when you have money to fall back on. Most of us have to think long and hard before we throw thousands into anything. If the Kardashian boutiques didn't work out, they would be okay. If Kim ends up not doing anything with law, she will be a-okay. One of her sisters wanted to be a model, and all Kris had to do was take her to a modeling agency. Another sister is a so-called self-made billionaire. Are we supposed to really believe she would have been able to become that wealthy if she started a business from the ground up starting with nothing? I know so many intelligent, beautiful, talented people who lead regular lives despite working really hard.     

people-angry-at-kim-kardashian-variety-m

This. How hard Kim does or doesn’t work is irreverent. She is missing that all of her work is able to go towards her success while for many all of their work is going towards simple survival. Implying that people aren’t more successful in business because they don’t want to work is insulting. 

Edited by Guest
19 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

An added insult to an already insulting comment is that this is the go to slam aimed against people who, due at least in part, to the pandemic have not gone rushing back to low paying jobs where they have to deal with an increasing hostile public.  That "people don't want to work today" is entitled people shorthand for "why can't the little people just be happy with the crumbs from the table of life"?

thank-you-winnie-the-pooh.gif.b3cc4b51efb7a93b786d061f8dafd904.gif

• Love 24

An added insult to an already insulting comment is that this is the go to slam aimed against people who, due at least in part, to the pandemic have not gone rushing back to low paying jobs where they have to deal with an increasing hostile public.  That "people don't want to work today" is entitled people shorthand for "why can't the little people just be happy with the crumbs from the table of life"?

Yes. I am so tired of this mentality that people who are caring for their physical and mental health are just lazy. It’s something that I hear a lot at my work. We have three longtime employees who have retired or are about to retire and there was a lot of hand wringing that we have trouble replacing them because people just want to live off of unemployment. Then we got dozens of applicants for the entry level office jobs. People who were jumping at the opportunity to transition out of the service industry. 

Edited by Guest

Quoted again for emphasis. THIS. Thank you. 

There's also the fact that depending on where one lives/the country's economic situation/etc., there might not be a lot of jobs available, so it's hard to get a job when, y'know, there's barely anything out there. 

• Love 13

Yeah, go  eat some of your OWN cake instead of trying to shake crumbs on others while lamely  attempting to throw  shade, Miss Kardashian! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 8

What kills me about that Kim K. quote is that she INVENTED the social media influencer and now she's complaining about the generation younger than her not wanting to do real work?  She is by far one of the biggest influences over it alongside Mark Zuckerberg.  Imagine Zuckerberg saying "Get off Facebook and work."   She is an absolute expert at gaslighting the public.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 23

I had to laugh at Ryan Coogler asking the bank to be discreet when counting out his cash withdrawal because when I used to go to my credit union to withdraw cash, I hated how the teller would count it out so everyone in the place knew how much cash I was being given.  "TWENTY, FORTY, SIXTY, EIGHTY, AND ONE HUNDRED.  WOULD YOU LIKE AN ENVELOPE?"   I can't imagine withdrawing $12,000 in cash and having them count it out.   

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Pete said this in the texts

'This isn't public dude. I'm not here for pictures and press.

Then why did he screenshot the exchange and share it with a friend?

I don't expect Pete to not fight back but why poke the bear?

We're dealing with two emotional children, so...

• LOL 1
  • Love 14