Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: The Jet Set and the Upset

• Start Topic

Drew hosts a Hollywood-themed dinner where Porsha brings up some messy gossip. Kandi starts planning a very special surprise for Cynthia. The ladies are shocked when they find out that Kenya has chartered a flight for her and LaToya to jet down to South Carolina, leaving the rest of the ladies to languish on a hot bus.

Airdate: 01.24.2021

• Useful 1

So, since we know Bravo pays for the trips, did Kenya just insist on a jet?  I can’t imagine she paid for it herself.

I know it’s so messy, but I love the fact that Drew just made sure everyone knew about the jet.

• Love 13

Kenya went thru her closet and gifted LaToya a bra that she never wore, the size she was 32B - when was Kenya a B cup, in high school? Unless I’m wrong, she hasn’t (like me) been a B cup since high school and weight has nothing to do with it, biology does.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

So, since we know Bravo pays for the trips, did Kenya just insist on a jet?  I can’t imagine she paid for it herself.

I know it’s so messy, but I love the fact that Drew just made sure everyone knew about the jet.

A private jet for what is a 6 hour drive? Seriously, I know Kenya doesn’t have that kind of money.

Also, way too many of these women live near me (totally different neighborhoods). I really want to run into one of them and has a conversation. One of my girlfriends got her nails done at the same place Nene did and Nene was in one day (friend doesn’t watch the show but knew who she was) and said Nene was very tall and quiet. The quiet threw me for a loop.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Wow, that beach house was beautiful, and makes me want to take a trip to Charleston. I've barely gone five miles from my house since last March, and a trip to the beach right now sounds wonderful.

That clip of Porsha singing Amazing Grace from the reunion show 8 years ago just shows how...enhanced these ladies have become, lol.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

A private jet for what is a 6 hour drive? Seriously, I know Kenya doesn’t have that kind of money.

Also, way too many of these women live near me (totally different neighborhoods). I really want to run into one of them and has a conversation. One of my girlfriends got her nails done at the same place Nene did and Nene was in one day (friend doesn’t watch the show but knew who she was) and said Nene was very tall and quiet. The quiet threw me for a loop.

I always wanted to run into someone from the Potomac franchise but I doubt I ever will because I live closer to Potomac than most of them do.

I'm not a mother, so, that may be why, but, I don't understand why all the women with babies were upset they didn't bring them.  Why would you want to go somewhere with a houseful of babies if you didn't have to.  I mean on a girls trip.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

Ugh Kenya and the private jet. Such a bitch move and Kenya did it on purpose. This whole Latoya obsession is so fake and forced.

Too much fucking Ralph.  He seems like the type to make himself look like such a great guy in front of everyone because he’s such an asshole behind closed doors. Typical dick behaviour. Altho I guess it’s all on camera now lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 17

My dad and step-mother live in Florida from December to May. Because of COVID, when they came back to Chicago in May (and again when they then went back this December), they didn’t want to fly commercial, as they are older. So, they and 10 other people also returning to Chicago went in together to fly private. It was $1200 per person. Not inexpensive for sure, but not a crazy amount of money either.

Flying everyone private 40 minutes from Atlanta to South Carolina would not have cost $50,000, Kenya. Not that she should have to pay for everyone’s flight, but she could have at least offered anyone who wanted to upgrade an opportunity to fly with her and pay themselves, rather than being a snobby brat about it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

This season is kind of dull. Todd did mention getting the word out that they need some strippers which I guess is a tease. 
How sweet of Ralph to let Drew go away for a few days. 
Why did Kenya get her own sidekick this season? The show did not need a Kenya groupie. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

This season is kind of dull. Todd did mention getting the word out that they need some strippers which I guess is a tease. 
Why did Kenya get her own sidekick this season? The show did not need a Kenya groupie. 

I guess Bravo hired a friend for Kenny since nobody else is enthusiastic about being with her. (In other words, Kenny sucks.)

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Axie said:

Why is Ralph on this so much?  None of the other men are on all the time.

10 hours ago, Marley said:

Ugh Kenya and the private jet. Such a bitch move and Kenya did it on purpose. This whole Latoya obsession is so fake and forced.

Too much fucking Ralph.  He seems like the type to make himself look like such a great guy in front of everyone because he’s such an asshole behind closed doors. Typical dick behaviour. Altho I guess it’s all on camera now lol.

I agree, Ralph wants to make himself look good because he knows he’s actually an abusive asshole - and I suspect he also resents the attention Drew gets and wants a piece of the action himself. Wonder if her mom sticks around for protection.

• Love 9

I can't stand Ralph but I would definitely watch if production could conspire a way to give Ralph the shitty room like they're doing to Marlo.

I don't think that man could help himself but do anything other than decomp in zero to ten seconds.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Why did Kenya get her own sidekick this season? The show did not need a Kenya groupie

Exactly. The Kenya/Latoya thing is so tedious. It's even worse than the annoying Kandi Clique (starring Don Juan) from a few seasons back, because at least those friendships pre-dated the show.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 11

I think Ralph is always around to control the narrative.  If he’s always there he can keep Drew in check.  When, other than Simon on RHNY, has a man attended a dinner with just the women?  Also, if you’re expecting company, answer the damn door.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

I think Ralph is always around to control the narrative.  If he’s always there he can keep Drew in check.  When, other than Simon on RHNY, has a man attended a dinner with just the women?  Also, if you’re expecting company, answer the damn door.

Ralph is ALWAYS there.  Doesn't this guy have a job?

• Love 10

Very interesting that they now are blocking out Brooklyn's face, I assume that comes from Marc, but I could be wrong.  Kenya should have given the ladies the heads up that she was bringing her so Porsha and any of the other ladies with youngins at home have a right to be pissed. I see why LaToya and Kenya get along so well, they are both extremely ugly on the inside

• Love 13

The whole "whose baby gets to come along" is the same exact storyline from RHOP this season. I get it, if multiple women have babies and someone is going to be allowed to bring their child to work, everyone should be given that opportunity. Not to mention, in the case of Atlanta, there are so many babies, it might have made it easier to just have each of them bring another adult if they wanted to to watch the kids. But we've already been there done that and its a huge nothing.

DISCLAIMER: Its a pandemic, so I don't understand why you would be dragging your child out to some strange house to stay, but whatever.

And for all Kenya's "I can't leave Brooklyn behind", I noted that she skipped down the stairs of that jet and right into the Tahoe without so much as a diaper bag in her hands. Where's your baby, girl? I don't think her keeping Brooklyn close has anything to do with how she feels about that kid, and everything to do with her trying to exert control over Mark. If she left the kid with anyone else, she'd have to explain why she doesn't trust him specifically to be alone with his child. This way, she just gets to say "I don't trust anybody with my baby.:

Edited by Rlb8031
Because Kenya and Kanye are two different people
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Kenya went thru her closet and gifted LaToya a bra that she never wore, the size she was 32B - when was Kenya a B cup, in high school? Unless I’m wrong, she hasn’t (like me) been a B cup since high school and weight has nothing to do with it, biology does.

It was 32DDD. I only remember because I'm as flat as they come, so I'm often shocked when reminded that even the smaller band lengths come in double and triple cup sizes.

Wow, Drew was channeling her inner Sheree tonight.

tenor.gif?itemid=5486322

I guess since this is only her second time hanging out with the women all season, she felt she had to bring some spice. I was wondering why Kenya was coming for her so hard, cause up until this point, I don't even think Drew registered in Kenya's brain other than someone LaToya makes fun of. I mean it was small, but big enough for petty ass Kenya to put a target on her back. I hope she's ready. Tanya didn't do anything nearly as messy and she wasn't ready for that cookie lady grenade Kenya threw right into her lap.

And here's Ralph trying to make us forget he doesn't regularly mentally abuse his wife all the time. 

tenor.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

Kenya hasn’t  been a 32 bra since who knows when.  The DD’s are just the cup.  My tiny daughter is a 32 D.  Kenya has always been huge next to my daughter.  It’s her frame.

Kenya is a horrible person.  

LaToya, Drew and Ralph can get off my screen, and take Kenya with them.  They are ruining the show.  

Marlo needs a peach.  I love her.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Kenya hasn’t  been a 32 bra since who knows when.  The DD’s are just the cup.  My tiny daughter is a 32 D.  Kenya has always been huge next to my daughter.  It’s her frame.

Kenya is a horrible person.  

LaToya, Drew and Ralph can get off my screen, and take Kenya with them.  They are ruining the show.  

Marlo needs a peach.  I love her.

I agree with all your points so much:
When I was at my ideal weight I was a 34D and I have a larger frame. I agree that Kenya was never a 32.

Ralph is a manipulative ahole. My ex was good a presenting himself as a wonderful human being to the outer world while at home he was abusive and manipulative. Ralph revealed his true self. I wish I could have a conversation with Drew, I feel awful for her.

Marlo definitely needs a peach. I will be honest, I really didn’t like Marlo for several years. Then she showed up to raise to two nephews and her real self came out. Now I am a huge fan of hers. Definitely needs a peach.

• Love 18

I think Ralph is trying to harm Drew...the scooter and the insurance comment...too ID Channel adjacent.

Kenya is like a F.  One of the sizes you have to go to the specialty shop where you go in thinking you’re a D and they come back with a weird half band size and double G or H.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 1/25/2021 at 5:36 AM, Chatty Cake said:

...so he could spend time with his side piece without suspicion maybe?  He just seemed way too happy to send her off

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 1/25/2021 at 5:28 PM, Stats Queen said:

Marlo definitely needs a peach. I will be honest, I really didn’t like Marlo for several years. Then she showed up to raise to two nephews and her real self came out. Now I am a huge fan of hers. Definitely needs a peach.

Same! I actively HATED her, and after she took on her nephews and that scene at Kenya and Marc's thing where they snubbed her, I changed my feelings for good. She's hilarious and fun.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I think Ralph is trying to harm Drew...the scooter and the insurance comment...too ID Channel adjacent.

Kenya is like a F.  One of the sizes you have to go to the specialty shop where you go in thinking you’re a D and they come back with a weird half band size and double G or H.

Alarm bells went off when he made the insurance joke. And why was he omnipresent at the women’s get together? He was too giddy not to be planning a rendezvous while the wife is away.

All the Atlanta husbands except Mike Sterling (Eva’s husband) are red flags but Ralph is the literal worst.

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
Typo
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

Alarm bells went off when he made the insurance joke. And why was he omnipresent at the women’s get together? He was too giddy not to be planning a rendezvous while the wife is away.

All the Atlanta husbands except Mike Sterling (Eva’s husband) are red flags but Ralph is the literal worst.

Mike Sterling is a keeper. Such a good marriage and how he loves Eva’s daughter from another relationship as much as his own ❤️❤️❤️

• Love 6

For those who do not want to watch the video...the rumor is that Marc is getting his own reality cooking with Vivica Fox and that is why he married Kenya.

I think Marc is pretty shady but he never seemed like a camera whore. He never did anything to help Kenya further her storyline or keep her peach and in fact just made her earning her reality show paycheck much more difficult.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, qtpye said:

For those who do not want to watch the video...the rumor is that Marc is getting his own reality cooking with Vivica Fox and that is why he married Kenya.

I heard this on Wendy today who seemed to think just saying you're working with a producer doesn't mean anything.  Even "in production" could mean just pitching a show.   Geez Kenya really knows how to pick 'em.  

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Who would watch that fucking prick on a cooking show? Maybe they can add Ralph to their show?

It could be titled "Let The Asshole Husbands Of Atlanta Cook You Dinner".

Maybe they could eventually add Apollo and Peter to the mix.

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
On 1/26/2021 at 8:00 PM, For Cereals said:

Too much Ralph for sure, but I am not sold on Drew either - most definitely a toxic relationship. I am finding this season really tedious so far.

A friend of mine is a natural 32H. No surgical enhancement. Before she went to a specialty shop I think she was wearing a 36C or D, and the fit is incredibly different. So is the price.

• Love 1