Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: The Last Leg

• Start Topic

Sonja has a confrontation with Harry and LuAnn. Aviva makes her return to the group, which causes insults and accusations to be thrown around between the ladies.

In looking at the video sneak peeks, it seems Aviva gets testy when confronted with all her excuses.  Paraphrasing, Aviva screams 'is this fake?' bangs her leg on the table and then wings it across the room.  Unless someone accused her of faking missing a leg, I think that's poor behavior.  And for someone who represents a charity for prosthesis, to be abusing a 30K leg like that is shameful.

• Love 7

Want to bet we don't see her stump? I wonder how long she's been planning for a way to "shock" us. It's just another table flip for attention. Sigh......these shows really have jumped the shark.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm in disbelief that Aviva "ripped off" the leg that she's wearing. Just looking at the clip that is in the other thread, it doesn't make sense to me. I also watched the clip on the Bravo site of the woman who lost part of her leg at the Boston marathon bombing last year, and the care she uses to remove her prosthetic limb tells me that it isn't something like pulling a headband off one's head.

Secondly, Aviva has yet to appear on this show or at Bravo functions in a dress that's above her knees. Meaning that she's likely to have shown up at Sonja's event wearing a dress or skirt that is at least calf-length. That leg throwing moment doesn't show any kind of moment where Aviva is maneuvering her dress beneath the table to remove the leg she came in wearing. I believe that with the help of production, Aviva has one of her legs at the ready under the table. 

Even still, it's disgusting because it is such an expensive leg. To just throw it to the ground tells me just how fucking entitled Aviva is. What's a prosthesis that costs upward of $30,000? Meh. That's the way her thought comes across. The absolute fucking privilege that she carelessly tosses really bothers me.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 4

I also doubt this is the leg she wears into the party. The key will be to see what shoes she wears. Aviva has said she has at least 3 legs - one for high heels (which seems to be the one on the floor), one for flats, and I think a "swimming" leg(?).

I am also appalled at how she appeared to slam the leg on the table first.

Or does anyone know if people periodically get new prosthesis? This could be an "old" leg - because I also doubt she took this one off right there at the table.

Regardless, what a nut job!!

• Love 1

Maybe, it's the leg she helped "I dunno remember her name" to choose ! As in "What ?!? No, I was not available, I was helping "I dunno remember her name" to choose her prothesis, and here it is !!!!

*Bringing the prosthetis out of the bag -yes, she just colleted it....- and theatrically throwing it on the floor*

(edited)

Maybe, it's the leg she helped "I dunno remember her name" to choose ! As in "What ?!? No, I was not available, I was helping "I dunno remember her name" to choose her prothesis, and here it is !!!!

*Bringing the prosthetis out of the bag -yes, she just colleted it....- and theatrically throwing it on the floor*

Right before she tosses it, you can see her struggling with something below the view of the camera, I think she was wriggling the leg off. She's worn a prosthesis for many many years, she's expert at taking it on and off.

I doubt she had a stunt leg stashed.

Kristin's response is what I would do. A look of shock and then laugh.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 6

I think she took it off, too. But I bet it was loosened, or at-the-ready, since she planned it in advance. The woman is certifiable.

(And yes, to treat an expensive prothesis so haphazardly is really callous. So much for her being a role model for people without limbs, most of whom can't afford even the cheaper versions, let alone one she uses just for pedicures and high heels.)

• Love 1
(edited)

Paraphrasing, Aviva screams 'is this fake?' bangs her leg on the table and then wings it across the room.

Does she scream "We will bury you!" as well.....

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 4

I just saw the promo/commercial of "the leg" on Bravo and all I could think of was how similar it seemed to RHoNJ "tha book" that Danielle pulled out from under the table which interestingly she later said was put there by production. I'm going with someone planned it and I hope someone pulls back the curtain (or tablecloth) and spills the how.

My neighbor has a leg that appears to attach in the same location as Aviva's but his looks like a piece of pvc pipe with a shoe tree attached. Definitely a budget leg that he seems to always being having trouble with, so suck it Aviva and I hope your next pedicure chips.

• Love 5

Want to bet we don't see her stump? I wonder how long she's been planning for a way to "shock" us. It's just another table flip for attention. Sigh......these shows really have jumped the shark.

I think Aviva definitely had a lot of these shocking tactics planned pre-filming.  Her father's engagement, the ghost writer (how opportune that she had Carole's book before it was published), the leg toss...  Last year, I didn't mind her as much.  This year, I am very thankful that she was too much of a diva to travel.  If I were a housewife on this show, I wouldn't film anywhere within 3 hours of NYC just hoping that she wouldn't attend.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, the really huge problem for the producers is Veevs has almost no fans.  She's just soooo unlikable.  Do they really think people are gonna suddenly become interested in watching her -- just to see this crazy hateful woman fling her fake leg across one of the fanciest restaurants in NYC?  Eh, not really.  

Even tho they're on the verge of firing Veevs, they're still promoting the hell outta this leg-throwing nonsense.  So I guess they still wanna use Aviva (in a futile effort) do something (anything) to desperately get the ratings up.  Is this ghastly crap gonna do it?  Don't think so.  Is this something anyone wants to see?  Doubt it.  I predict the ratings are still gonna be in the toilet.  

If they played this for laughs maybe it might work, but Veevs has no sense of humor, so that would never happen.  With Veevs, there's just anger, anger & more anger.  Man, she's creepy to watch.  Ick, just ick.

Now what about the Moaner & Mario's skank in a smackdown?  C'mon, that would be 17 kinds of awesome.  I'd so much rather see that.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/theater-arts/dc-comics-celebrates-batman-day-article-1.1872337

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

I just saw the first look.  How pitiful that Sonja fell while chasing after Harry, who left her at the party.  That just smacks of her desperation.  She is always talking about all the men who want her.  Does she ever stop to think of what they want her for?  To me, that is no compliment.  

At the end of the scene I could see on Sonja's face that she didn't even believe that Harry was missing out on something by leaving her.  Poor, sad, pitiful lady.Sonja is a sinking ship, not too many men are going to want to jump on that with a ring. Certainly since she is still so damned delusional about her situation.  She isn't trying to pull herself up by her bootstraps and get things right, she is basking in her former glory.  Just sad.

I found the first look very interesting.  I think I don't like any of the new women, I feel like they are what killed the show.  They didn't know each other, had no real connection, and felt above the women already on the show.  The fun snark they used to do (like what is now on Game of Crowns-love that show) is missing.  

I agree that Aviva throwing that leg while supposedly a role model for amputees is pretty awful.  The only way I could see doing that if I were in her shoes, (shoe?) is if my ailments were real and these hags kept telling me I was a liar. Then, there might come a point where I'd hurl my prosthesis to drive a point home.  

That said, there are loads of people who have unavoidable health issues that would give anything to be healthy.  But look at all the people who abuse their otherwise healthy bodies (which are far more valuable than a 30K leg, imo) with food, cigarettes, alcohol, etc.   I don't think they care how those less fortunate people feel.  We're a selfish society.  Every single one them is a hypocrite.  Veevs possibly at the top of the heap but she also just happens to be the one who can stir it up like none other. With the help of production. Yes, she's the most hated Ho at the Mo, but I think Bravo likes the buzz she's created.

I keep reading here that she is done after this season.  Where is this coming from?

• Love 2

I agree that Aviva throwing that leg while supposedly a role model for amputees is pretty awful.  The only way I could see doing that if I were in her shoes, (shoe?) is if my ailments were real and these hags kept telling me I was a liar. Then, there might come a point where I'd hurl my prosthesis to drive a point home.  

That said, there are loads of people who have unavoidable health issues that would give anything to be healthy.  But look at all the people who abuse their otherwise healthy bodies (which are far more valuable than a 30K leg, imo) with food, cigarettes, alcohol, etc.   I don't think they care how those less fortunate people feel.  We're a selfish society.  Every single one them is a hypocrite.  Veevs possibly at the top of the heap but she also just happens to be the one who can stir it up like none other. With the help of production. Yes, she's the most hated Ho at the Mo, but I think Bravo likes the buzz she's created.

I keep reading here that she is done after this season.  Where is this coming from?

I think the reason some think she may be gone after this season is tptb sat her out for several episodes AND took her out of the opening which has never happened to any wife. She's also given interviews that probably didn't sit well with her bosses either and I get the sense she's all around difficult to work with to the point take no one wants to film with her but Jill Zarin.

(edited)

At this point, it's merely a natural assumption rather than fact.  She's become impossible to work with & she's making demands (like not going on ANY of the trips, for her own random, seemingly arbitrary reasons) these producers are not likely to tolerate.  

Because she's seriously pissed off every single cast member, nobody wants to film with her, except Sonja --  and that's only cuz she's so desperate to stay on the show for the Bravo cash, she'll do anything the producers tell her to do.  Anyhoo, Sonja's scenes with her seem way too stilted, set up & fake.  

If any of the others were to suddenly be friendly now to Aviva, it'd feel too fake.  And I really doubt Carole or Heather would fake that.  They both can't stand her at this point.  They look like they just want avoid her at all costs & any interaction with her looks extremely painful to them.  Hmmm, could that be fun & entertaining to watch?  Eh, not really.  See, that's the bottom line with Veevs.  She ain't fun to watch.  Just ick & painful.

Veevs has boxed herself into a corner she can't get out of.  Now if she was popular maybe the producers might tolerate her crap.  Maybe, but I doubt it.  Judging from social media she does (surprisingly to me) have some fans, but not many.  Me thinks she a goner.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

At this point, it's merely a natural assumption rather than fact.  She's become impossible to work with & she's making demands (like not going on ANY of the trips, for her own random, seemingly arbitrary reasons) these producers are not likely to tolerate.  

Because she's seriously pissed off every single cast member, nobody wants to film with her, except Sonja --  and that's only cuz she's so desperate to stay on the show for the Bravo cash, she'll do anything the producers tell her to do.  Anyhoo, Sonja's scenes with her seem way too stilted, set up & fake.  

Veevs has boxed herself into a corner she can't get out of.  Now if she was popular maybe the producers might tolerate her crap.  Maybe, but I doubt it.  Judging from social media she does (surprisingly to me) have some fans, but not many.  Me thinks she a goner.

I think this is what some of the gals fail to recognize: if the other gals all hate you and don't want to film with you, you will eventually be toast. They can all be mad at you, but as long as they see a benefit in filming with you it will be OK (Lisa and Teresa). Once they dislike you enough off the show and don't care to have a scene with you, even if it would mean drama, you are gone. They don't have to make a formal plan to not film with you (what Jill tried to get everyone to do to Beth), but one by one they just don't like you and they are not working with production to schedule any scenes with you. They don't even care about you enough to want to engage with you at all, even to make you look bad - they just simply don't care to have you around. This will kill a gal and it will no doubt spell the end of Aviva's time on the show, same as it did for Jill, Danielle, Alexis and Gretchen.

• Love 2
(edited)
I think this is what some of the gals fail to recognize: if the other gals all hate you and don't want to film with you, you will eventually be toast.

Well, it is kinda like real life in that sense.  If you work with someone who screws you over horribly or stabs you in the back or talks crap about you, will you trust them or have any desire to work with them in any capacity?  Obviously not.  But there are situations where you must work with people you don't like and/or don't trust.  So how would most deal with this?  You'd probably avoid them at all costs or interact only when necessary.  This is exactly how Heather, Carole, Kristen & even the Moaner are reacting to Veevs now.  Can Veevs change this?  No, she can't.

Make no mistake, this is a professional setting for these women.  It's a job for all of them.  But even if if this were a setting for friends -- would long time good friends forgive the kind of behavior Aviva has displayed?  Well, I know I wouldn't.  Yup, I'd say Veevs has sealed her own fate.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
They didn't know each other, had no real connection, and felt above the women already on the show.  The fun snark they used to do (like what is now on Game of Crowns-love that show) is missing.

I get your point, but also think at the end of the spectrum, incestuousness killed RHoNJ for me...everybody knew each other, or was related to each other. Once they introduced Teresa's brother and sister-in-law, and there was that brawl at the christening, I lost interest. Drama between frenemies is one thing - when it's between family members (Joe Gorga and Teresa, Caroline and Dina Manzo, Kim and Kyle Richards) it's less compelling to me...more like "please get off my TV and get into therapy, stat." 

• Love 3

If you work with someone who screws you over horribly or stabs you in the back or talks crap about you, will you trust them or have any desire to work with them in any capacity?  Obviously not.

But what if the boss, in this case, Bravo, enjoys a tumultuous relationship between 'employees'?  I worked for one of those once.  Thought it kept us on our toes, prevented an uprising of the employees against management.  It sucked. The nastiest one of them all was the boss' snitch and he made all kinds of concessions for her. I left.  But had I been making $500k per year I might have sucked it up for another year, or two.  Maybe Andy didn't have a problem with Aviva ditching the trips.  What else would Kristen have to bitch to the others about then?

The whole, 'cutting Veevs out of the intro as a punishment' never sit right with me.  I think it was Bravo's way of titillating the viewers. Getting the chatter going on the WWW.  I think they'd do anything, including subjecting us to freaking George, to get people talking.  Maybe farfetched but who knows.  If Aviva isn't back next year we'll know she burned the biggest bridge - with Andy.  Personally, I don't think it matters to Andy one whit if all the other Hos hate her.  If the ratings are big tomorrow night, imo, it's only because of Aviva's leg. 

(edited)
Maybe Andy didn't have a problem with Aviva ditching the trips.

No way.  One thing about Andy Cohen -- he does not like to be dictated to or manipulated.  I think that's the real reason he got rid of Jillzy.  But she didn't work him right.  She shoulda been more low key in her manipulations.  But low key ain't Jillzy's style -- at all.  

Veevs paid the price by ditching all the trips.  They took her outta the credits & they totally cut her outta many eps this season completely.  Last 2 eps she was in for maybe 2 minutes each.  So clearly the producers are not thrilled with her nonsense.  She's also setting a bad example.  If any of 'em can ditch trips when they want for whatever reason, there's no show left.  This played out exactly as it would in any job situation when the employee is acting out of line.  It might -- just might -- be a different situation if the ratings were great & Veevs was enormously popular.  But neither is the case.

Aviva is better off just doing her charity stuff & working only when she's in her "nice" personality -- as seldom as that one seems to pop out.

The leg throwing scene looks short.  We'll see if the promos for it will pump up ratings.  I doubt it.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

I hate to say something that Jill Zarin would likely take as a compliment, but I truly think the main reason Cohen helped oust her was because she was not only pushy but he also was afraid of her.  He saw how far she would go in her push for power on the show and I think the next logical step, even in his tiny little mind before the next shiny object drew it's attention, was she would completely cut him out of her "process".  She did a good job of it was it was.  But I think it was a combination of personal dislike, production dismay and professional terror he had that made getting rid of her make sense at the time no matter which way one might argue it affected the future of the show.  I think Nene Leakes was only protected by the fact that show was delivering ratings in a time nothing else really was and by the fact that Cohen is no longer sitting between the network and the cast.  Now he is off slightly to the side as merely a vested producer among vested producers. 

I wonder with Cohen having no say at BRAVO, simply now in a salesperson capacity of offering various goods for BRAVO to either take or pass on, how he feels about Zarin?  She can't affect him as much professionally and he might see the show renewed if she came back and brought higher ratings.  And yet as a producer not tied down by his network position, he might. ironically, have more power over her trying to make the show her own Sunset Boulevard.  Though her coming back might make him have to have her on his show.  And that last time he looked like he was constantly torn from running off stage or just pissing himself.  Even when he handled her well for Jill Zarin being handled.

• Love 2
(edited)
Personally, I don't think it matters to Andy one whit if all the other Hos hate her.

I agree, it doesn't matter to him at all.  But it affects the dynamic of the show & how each one fits in.  These shows are kinda like Survivor.  Play it wrong & you lose your place.  Gretchie poo did that & now so did Veevs.  Buh-bye, Veevs.  Happy leg-throwing, hun.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

I wish the Bravo promo didn't show quite so much.  The leg on the floor was enough for me, because I'm that kind of person, apparently.  Seeing a little more but not the full story...kind of deflating after waiting all this time.

• Love 3
(edited)

I wasn't that invested in the early years of NYC but I remember there being a ton of hate towards Jill online. One particular blog was created just to bash her and I know Simon & Alex met or had contact with that person.

As the Housewives shows expanded and became more over the top, anything Jill did in her seasons just seems like small potatoes now.

If they want to save this franchise they need to find women who are willing to showcase their lives, not sell a product or play a character.

I'm sort of surprised Bravo is showing her throwing the leg in the promo. Hopefully there's more excitement,  like her trying to retrieve it.

Edited by charming
  • Love 3

Yeah, Andy said on WWHL how incredible & great & funny this ep is gonna be.  Really?  We'll see.  How it gonna be funny?

He also said a few months ago on his Twitter page that the epis with George were hilarious.

So - Why is he trying to make Aviva happen?

Why can't I find anything online that he was upset with Aviva for missing the trips or for anything she has said?  I also can't find anything where she's angry at him for cutting her out of the intros.

Why were Andy, Luann, Jill and Kelly the only RHos that showed up at Aviva's book signing this spring?  (This season was filmed last summer.  That would tell me that fences were mended if they were together for a non-obligatory function the following spring, no?)

I agree, it doesn't matter to him at all.  But it affects the dynamic of the show & how each one fits in.  These shows are kinda like Survivor.  Play it wrong & you lose your place.  Gretchie poo did that & now so did Veevs.  Buh-bye, Veevs.

But what if it's not Aviva that loses her place? 

I think he/Bravo has a plan.  I'm not counting Aviva out yet. I think they're going to be watching the episode ratings very closely tonight.  I think Andy believes the leg hurling is going to be the Table Flip of 2014.

Maybe Andy didn't have a problem with Aviva ditching the trips.

No way.  One thing about Andy Cohen -- he does not like to be dictated to or manipulated.  I think that's the real reason he got rid of Jillzy.  But she didn't work him right.  She shoulda been more low key in her manipulations.  But low key ain't Jillzy's style -- at all. 

Veevs paid the price by ditching all the trips.  They took her outta the credits & they totally cut her outta many eps this season completely.  Last 2 eps she was in for maybe 2 minutes each.  So clearly the producers are not thrilled with her nonsense.  She's also setting a bad example.  If any of 'em can ditch trips when they want for whatever reason, there's no show left.

Devils advocate again, Scoobie:  What if she were legitimately sick?  He'd let her miss the trips because it would be the right thing to do. (FWIW, I think she does have asthma.  And a fake leg.  Who knows about the rest of her ailments.)  I honestly can't find one thing online or a soundbite that said he was upset at her for missing the trips.  Or that they had cut her out of epis on purpose.  Maybe it's not so much that the producers weren't thrilled with her nonsense as she was just straight up not giving them anything interesting or she was straight up sick.  Seems like Aviva was almost all we saw the first several episodes.

Theresa pushed Andy down and he still allowed her to stick around because she brings the drama and chaos.  Also, now that Andy isn't in full control, as heebeejeebie says above, his word about who stays or goes isn't the last word.  Don't get me wrong, it would pain me to see Aviva and Jill brought back.  But anything is possible. 

But (small voice)  I'd still watch.

• Love 3

It would be must see TV if they brought Jill back and she and Aviva became besties! That would drive the Heather/Carole/Kristen coven mad! It would be as if they teamed up super-villains to battle the Avengers or the Justice League or something. The one legged Catwoman and the Penguin Yenta lay waste to Gotham City!

Must see TV I tell Ya!

• Love 4

Devils advocate again, Scoobie:  What if she were legitimately sick?  He'd let her miss the trips because it would be the right thing to do. (FWIW, I think she does have asthma.  And a fake leg.  Who knows about the rest of her ailments.)  I honestly can't find one thing online or a soundbite that said he was upset at her for missing the trips.  Or that they had cut her out of epis on purpose.  Maybe it's not so much that the producers weren't thrilled with her nonsense as she was just straight up not giving them anything interesting or she was straight up sick.  Seems like Aviva was almost all we saw the first several episodes.

Theresa pushed Andy down and he still allowed her to stick around because she brings the drama and chaos.  Also, now that Andy isn't in full control, as heebeejeebie says above, his word about who stays or goes isn't the last word.  Don't get me wrong, it would pain me to see Aviva and Jill brought back.  But anything is possible. 

But (small voice)  I'd still watch.

You are right that there is nothing out there as proof that Andy and Bravo were pissed at Aviva for missing stuff, but I think it is easy to assume. They took her out of the credits first of all, which they didn't do for Ramona when she had a legitimate excuse for missing two episodes (had already booked her trip to South Africa). The bigger deal to me is that they completely cut out any footage of her during the 5 or 6 episodes where the other gals were on their trips. This is unusual as far as I am aware. In other situations where gals have stayed behind, Bravo continued to show us what they were doing back home. When Lu didn't go to Scary Island, we still saw footage of her. Same with Ramona and Aviva when they didn't go to England. On the BH show, we saw stuff with Taylor when she didn't go to Hawaii. Aviva was just completely absent, and while she didn't tweet or say anything publicly, she did retweet negative comments made about Andy by fans who were mad that she was taken out of the credits. Dumb ass move on her part.

• Love 3
What if she were legitimately sick?  He'd let her miss the trips because it would be the right thing to do. (FWIW, I think she does have asthma.

Oh I think she does too.  But would that mean she can't go to Montana?  Seems to me like she used her asthma to get out of going -- like ya might do when you were in 6th grade.  The idea of Veevs holding down a job in a law firm is laughable to me.  She wouldn't last a week.

Maybe it's not so much that the producers weren't thrilled with her nonsense as she was just straight up not giving them anything interesting or she was straight up sick.  Seems like Aviva was almost all we saw the first several episodes.

Andy & the peeps at Bravo are very, very coy.  They never ever said anything about Gretchen being fired & still haven't, so Gretchie poo can tell yet another of her bullshit stories about her deciding not to return & Andy has not commented at all about it, cuz he just won't.  He doesn't talk details of what goes on behind production cuz he still wants us believe it's real.  Er, OK then.  So we have to piece together what's gone on ourselves (based on logic) or depend on stories -- often from unreliable gossip sites.

Veevs started out the season as a major part of this show & then she went poof for many, many eps.  Had to be a reason for that.  Was it cuz she wasn't interesting enough?  Eh, not buying it.  How many excruciatingly boring scenes have we seen of the Moaner & Sonja this season?  Sheesh, we even had to put up with Mario's croaky off key shitty singing.  My ears are still hurting from that crap.  And how many times are we gonna see the same scene of whiny Kristen fighting with Dickhead being a dickhead?  Man, I hope they get rid of this tiresome duo.

• Love 2
It would be must see TV if they brought Jill back and she and Aviva became besties! That would drive the Heather/Carole/Kristen coven mad! It would be as if they teamed up super-villains to battle the Avengers or the Justice League or something. The one legged Catwoman and the Penguin Yenta lay waste to Gotham City!

Honestly, I think it would be a great idea to bring Jill back AND to make her a producer.  OK, so she's manipulative.  So what?  Big freakin' deal.  Get the fuck over yourself, Andy Cohen.  She could save the show.  She could bring on more interesting people & start up some fun fights.  First off, the show desperately needs a total recast & that includes the Moaner, who is just stale by now.  Unless the Moaner is willing to have some cat fights on camera with Mario's skank, I say get of rid of her.

Andy is just way off when it comes to his instincts about this show.  He thought George would be hilarious & viewers hated his shit.  He already said on WWHL he thinks this ep is gonna be great, which I really doubt.  C'mon Andy, give the show to Jillzy & let her try to save it.  Got nothing to lose.  Cuz if they don't change it drastically, Bravo shouldn't even bother to renew it.

Must see TV I tell Ya!

I don't think it would make them mad at all because I didn't think they really give two shits about Aviva.

• Love 1

They seem to be up in Aviva's grill about not going on a trip because she said she had "Asthma." There are whole scenes of them sitting around like the witches in Mac Beth getting ready to "take her down" TM Terry Dubrow. They actually seem pretty obsessed with her. If they didn't care about screwing with her then her name wouldn't be in their mouth all the time.

Aviva seems pretty friendless right now except for the poor addled Sonja. So bringing in the Penguin Yenta would even it up and make more a level playing field. It would be pure entertainment and be sure to give them a ratings boost.

The Real Housewives has become all about rooting for teams. So lets bring back Jill who is the A-Rod of the Real Housewives. The one you love to hate.

• Love 3

They seem to be up in Aviva's grill about not going on a trip because she said she had "Asthma." There are whole scenes of them sitting around like the witches in Mac Beth getting ready to "take her down" TM Terry Dubrow. They actually seem pretty obsessed with her. If they didn't care about screwing with her then her name wouldn't be in their mouth all the time.

Aviva seems pretty friendless right now except for the poor addled Sonja. So bringing in the Penguin Yenta would even it up and make more a level playing field. It would be pure entertainment and be sure to give them a ratings boost.

The Real Housewives has become all about rooting for teams. So lets bring back Jill who is the A-Rod of the Real Housewives. The one you love to hate.

But is she in their mouth all the time? Considering how much they cannot stand her, I hear them talk about her rarely. Yea, if she comes up they snark on her, but I don't believe that any of these ladies gives much thought about Aviva one way or another. They think she is making up the asthma deal, but who is to say they are the ones to bring it up to her, but simply that they react to her silliness?

I actually think that is Aviva's entire problem. They don't care about her at all and are not really talking about her enough to give her any real story on the show. The only way the whole asthma deal got going is because Sonja was stirring that big fat pot.

• Love 8

Why were Andy, Luann, Jill and Kelly the only RHos that showed up at Aviva's book signing this spring?  (This season was filmed last summer.  That would tell me that fences were mended if they were together for a non-obligatory function the following spring, no?)

Since Jill and Kelly aren't housewives, Luann was the only one to show, so I don't see that as fences being mended.  Andy doesn't count; he even had Jill on WWHL after she was fired, so I can see him feeling obligated to attend a current housewife's event.

This is the one thing that I absolutely HATED about what Jill did to the Housewives, and she infected other parts of the franchise with that ridiculousness (she was the one that advised Nene and Teresa to form their "teams" and those shows got just as tedious). That is when it became less about the women's lives and more about the arranged get togethers in order to create drama between the "teams." For me that is why I NEVER want to see Jill back on this show. 

• Love 8

On her blog last week, Aviva basically said that she was done - she started off the blog saying "the sun may be setting on the days in which a large audience can opine on my strengths and weaknesses on a weekly basis."   The rest of it read pretty much like a farewell speech.  I suspect she knew that this was the last week in which she would have a sympathetic audience (though she lost me long ago), and tried to sound like she was going out on a high note.

Even without that, though, I think it's pretty obvious, for all the reasons others have said.  I would also note that positioning yourself as the third blonde in a triangle with Ramona and Sonja, which was her only angle this year once the others refused to interact with her, is not a successful strategy.  Look what it did for Alex.  Those two will not let anyone else join their team.  (LuAnn was very smart to build strong alliances with Heather and Carole.  That countess is crafty!)

• Love 2
(edited)
This is the one thing that I absolutely HATED about what Jill did to the Housewives, and she infected other parts of the franchise with that ridiculousness

Oh, I absolutely agree.  Maybe I've forgotten how much I couldn't stand Jillzy before she got kicked off.  But the show is just so stale & lame now, I figured what have they got to lose by giving it to Jillzy to produce & star in.  Could it be any worse?  Er, maybe, maybe not.

OK, from the way Andy was talkin' last nite on WWHL, I'm expecting big things.  That leg better get up by itself & start dancing -- maybe singing too -- with croaky Mario & Lu.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
I think he/Bravo has a plan.  I'm not counting Aviva out yet. I think they're going to be watching the episode ratings very closely tonight.  I think Andy believes the leg hurling is going to be the Table Flip of 2014.

God, I hope you're wrong. I think there's plenty of scuttlebutt at the HW-related gossip sites about Bravo being pissed at Aviva and finding her hard to work with, but you're probably right in that Andy is beside himself today, waiting to see what kind of ratings the leg toss brings in. If the flaccid ratings suddenly jump, he'll take it as a sign that the audience wants more Crazy, Wound-Up Aviva. And while I can't stand Aviva, I don't want the show bringing her back to play her leg for laughs.

I closed my Twitter account a couple of months ago, but my understanding is that Bravo and Andy got a LOT of negative tweets about George. So, if this rumor is true that George and Cody are getting a wedding-planning show on Bravo, I'm very confused, unless Bravo's new strategy is "even outrage means that someone is paying attention to us." I thought Andy followed social media closely and based much of his decision-making on how cast members fared on Twitter.

I have said it before and,  as the season ends, they could fire the entire cast, with the lone exception of the Countess, and I really coudn't care less. I actively want Aviva gone, and I believe she is, or soon will be. I also actively want whiny Kristen and her douchebag hubby gone. I have gone from actually thinking she might, possibly, be a good addition to the show, in  spite of her poor taste in BFF's to thinking I cannot stand one more crying Kristen scene.

The rest, can pretty much go to. Or stay. I don't much care.  

I hate to say it, but I just may finally have reached Housewife burn out. I have watched these shows since the very first Orange County Show. Every one, with the lone exception of MIami, although I did try with that one too. I just couldn't. I even watched the Washington one and didn't hate it. Then, last year, halfway through the season on NJ I was done with that one. Again, I just did not like even one of the women on the show, and could not stand Theresa or Melissa or their disgusting husbands.

Now, I am meh on NY and OC and actually liked Ladies of London better than any of the HoWives.

They may have just overdone this whole concept.    

• Love 2

Just a reminder that tonight's finale is 90 minutes long! (Or short, if you were hoping for 2 hours.) 

As bad as this show is, I really miss this particular franchise when it's gone. Bravo seems to be trying to "re-create" the magic with all of its copycat shows - groups of guys and gals doing things - but really there's nothing like it. 

Except Game of Crowns, which I think should be running on an endless loop 24/7 on its own channel.

• Love 3