Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: The Last Leg

• Start Topic

There is nothing that Bravo loves more than to show the hypocrisy among the ladies. If they can catch you at it, they will play it for all it is worth.  The season began with Aviva basically calling Carole a fake - she didn't write her own books but used a ghost writer.  When folks told her such an accusation was hurtful and potentially harmful to Carole's credibility, she acted like it was not a big deal, since in her world no one writes their own books - it takes a village after all. She simply couldn't comprehend (or acted like she couldn't) that someone would be so angry over being called a fake. Move to the end of the season and she is being called out as a fake and she feels attacked because her credibility is being questioned. She cannot just walk away and not engage like Carole did after the initial shock. No, she has to get a doctor's note, or bring in a bag full of x-rays to prove her point because she will not be minimized.

It was always clear to me that Aviva concocted the story about Carole and the ghostwriter to create a dramatic storyline for herself. This was similar to what Jill did with the Beth deal. Clearly these gals are always going to ramp up drama in certain circumstances, but the difference is when someone tries to make themselves look good by harming someone else, just for the sake of the show and there exists no basis for the drama. If they filled the other gal in on what they planned it would be one thing, but like Jill before her, Aviva invented this all on her own with zero regard for what it might mean for Carole and her professional credentials. This will spell the end for Avivia. The other gals will never trust her again. 

• Love 11

Why do I feel like it's LESS crazy to rip off your prosthetic leg than to bring X-rays to a party?

We need to establish a Housewives craziness level, like Terror Threat Alerts or Defcon levels.

• Love 17

When Sonja - entitled and nasty piece of work that she herself is - sounds like the most reasonable and empathetic star of the series, it's time for cancellation.

Between her rambling, nonsensical speech, her yammering about needing a "French" towel for her leg, and her reference to P Diddy on her yacht, she comes across as merely delusional and out of touch with reality, not reasonable and empathetic.  I loved Luann's reaction to the yacht statement.....her WTF look and saying "Sonja, you don't have a yacht!".  In fact, I loved watching Luann crack up at most of the shit that took place in this episode.

I'm still on Team Heather, Carole and Luann.  Those girls know how to have fun, and have no problem laughing at themselves and the silliness that comes with having to work with the crazy brought on by Ramona, Sonja and Aviva.

• Love 9

Or was she trying to hold her hair in a way it wouldn't alter the blowout too much?  She's still with those ridiculous fuckin' blowouts?  How is she not bald by now?  Too much of those things absolutely murder your hair.  I know so many women who had to stop doing them cuz they got so hooked on 'em & and their hair started to fall out like cra-zazy!

I'm still plotzing that Moaner dated Fabio.  Oh. My God.

I blow dry my hair daily and it is not falling out. She probably only does it for functions.

Get a load of this quote-

Guess it didn't occur to Veevs the amputee community might be more disturbed to have someone representing them who throws her prosthetic leg across a fancy restaurant when she gets angry?  Even played for laughs (which it clearly wasn't), it's still pretty low -- for her & Bravo & Andy Cohen.  But it is getting some buzz so they did accomplish that.  We'll see if it translates to improved ratings.

I hate group politics. While Aviva is no friend of mine, she doesn't have to go around worrying about "representing" some group just because she is an amputee. She is an individual. Her behavior reflects on her, and her alone.

I think Ramona looked wonderful on WWHL.

• Love 7
If someone else had thrown that party, Sonja - who likes to tell us that she's the "hostess with the mostest" - would have been all over the hostess' late arrival, not greeting all her guests, that weird rambling speech, and yes, even the pigs in blankets.

Right??? Sonja, who went on and on about what a horrible hostess Kristen was because she didn't have someone at their beck-and-call 24 hours to wipes their asses, breezes in an hour late and doesn't even greet her guests. No, instead she launches immediately into another one of her long, delusional speeches about how awesome her life is. Sonja is not the "hostess with the mostest" that she thinks she is. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Get a load of this quote-

Guess it didn't occur to Veevs the amputee community might be more disturbed to have someone representing them who throws her prosthetic leg across a fancy restaurant when she gets angry?  Even played for laughs (which it clearly wasn't), it's still pretty low -- for her & Bravo & Andy Cohen.  But it is getting some buzz so they did accomplish that.  We'll see if it translates to improved ratings.

Yeah, and I'm sure the entire amputee community was collectively shaking their heads, saddened and sickened to see that uber-expensive limb carelessly thrown around the restaurant.  90% of amputees probably couldn't afford Aviva's custom sculpted prosthetic limb.  I can't even begin to imagine how much the prosthetic cost.  50K?  75K?  I'm so out if it - that leg probably is more like 100K or more.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 2

Yeah, acid refux is easy to treat.  WTF has it got to do with losing 10 pounds in a few weeks?  Me thinks she got serious eating disorders.

Loathe as I am to defend Aviva, you can lose a ton of weight when being treated for reflux. I went through a bout of this a few years ago and before medication, any good doctor will first put you on a special diet to rule out which foods are triggering you. It means not being able to eat SO many things, from tomatoes to chocolate (!). It's basically the worst diet in the world. You can't even have coffee. Then you slowly add foods in one by one over a period of many weeks until you figure out which food triggers your reflux. I lost a ton of weight when I was on it. Sometimes when I'm feeling chubby, I'll think to myself that I should go back on that diet and then I think no freaking way.

That said, I would not at all be surprised if Aviva starved herself before this event in order to appear sick. I really wouldn't.

• Love 7
I hate group politics. While Aviva is no friend of mine, she doesn't have to go around worrying about "representing" some group just because she is an amputee. She is an individual. Her behavior reflects on her, and her alone.

I generally agree with this, except Aviva seems to act like she is some ambassador for amputees everywhere. At least that's the impression that I get. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Carole to so unappealing looking to me.  She looks so 'shriveled' (?) to me and like she would have a slightly offensive odor.   She has the mouth of a Simpsons character.  Don't quite understand why they all think she is so fabulous.

I suspect it's a combination of the name and the title. Aside from being Jackie's sister, I understand that Lee was pretty well known in her own right in NY social circles and was often named among the best dressed women. Most of those women are old enough to remember it, although ironically probably not Heather or Kristen who seem to be her biggest supporters.   Heck I am sure Sonja probably hung out with Lee. And Jackie. And  Prince Ranier and anyone else famous..

Edited by chlban

The difference is Luann was stepping out in her marriage as well as the Count and Ramona was not.  LuAnn's antics made the tabloids and Ramona has either not stepped out  or has not been caught.  It is tacky, even by Real Housewives standards, to bring up a cheating spouse, especially if the couple is trying to reconcile. What does the wife say if someone asks about her husband cheating?   All I can say to Heather is STFU-you don't have to weigh in on everything.  LuAnn used her divorce as a major storyline-Ramona's divorce filing did not occur during filming.

How do we know that Luann was stepping out in her marriage? Has she ever said this? Has any reputable source ever said this? Or is it the same sources that have been saying for years that Mario is a serial cheater and that Ramona has always looked the other way? Looked the other way until he threw it in her face by bringing the gal to their home in The Hampton's? Why wouldn't Lu's divorce be part of her story? Are only the things that happen during filming part of the story? 

The fact is that there were not a lot of tabloid rumors about Lu and the Count before Ramona went on stage and started making accusations.  Sure, folks wondered what was up with their marriage, since they seemed to spend a lot of time a part. The same way that folks have wondered for years about Mario, since he so often seems to be checking out other women on the show. Ramona was the one who gave any rumors about Lu a public forum. She didn't give one single rats ass about Lu's kids. Even if Lu and the Count did have an open marriage, why in the world would Ramona want to say something like that on TV? Did she think that Lu's kids would be OK with hearing this? That they wouldn't be ridiculed by their friends about such an issue? The answer is that Ramona didn't care because her only goal was to make Lu look bad.

Now she will have the nerve to sit on a stage and say that she doesn't want to talk about her own marital issues because she is protecting her daughter. Her daughter who is in college.  She will probably say that her issues are different because she didn't do anything wrong, where she thinks the Countess did. Only in Ramona's dumb, delusional, narcissistic mind could it make sense that her college aged child should be protected, but another woman's children (who were I believe about 10-14 at the time) don't deserve such consideration. She will think that since Lu was in part at fault, her kids feelings wouldn't really matter very much, while Avery's matter a lot, since Ramona is so innocent. She truly is the most vile woman on any HW show.  IMO she makes Brandi look good. 

• Love 18

I think Ramona gets off easy on the affair. It wasn't really mentioned in her update, and something she said on WWHL made me believe that everyone agreed not to bring it up because of Avery. That's when Heather pointed out the LuAnn has 2 kids and that didn't stop Ramona from trashing her.

Ramona is lucky that the other woman are more decent then Ramona.

And of course Ramona dated Fabio hahahaha!

• Love 3

Ramona is lucky that the other woman are more decent then Ramona.

And of course Ramona dated Fabio hahahaha!

I think the only blowing going on in that "relationship" was each other's hair.........

• Love 7

More shocking to me than Aviva throwing her leg was MISSES-DeLesseps-To-You greeting Pickles with the double air kiss.  Countess wouldn't have done that in previous seasons.  Either she was faking a persona before or she's doing it now. 

Hmmm.  See a trend amongst the Hos?  They all do it so I wonder why they hold Aviva to such a higher standard to not being fake.  

Someone made a great point on this board, in one of the forum about the RH franchise (yeah, I suck at remembering when I read things) : the women hate it when one of them is presenting a big fake persona on camera while they know the truth. LuAnn got a taste of the women wrath when she was always "MISSES-DeLesseps-To-You" as you put it (love it !), while she was clearly letting lose on her real life. Teresa ate it when she was always acting like everything is ok in her lalaland when the women knew that she was going through rough (and deserved) shit in her life. Lisa got a warning last year when her Little Miss Perfect act was showing some cracks after throwing shade at some of her castmates and being a diva. Etc.

Aviva is full of shit. And some of the other women are calling her on it. She is not just exagerating a trait of her personnality like the others (Sonja's lust, Ramona unfiltred mouth, Heather bossiness, Carole's hipster ways etc...) for the show : she's faking entire sides of her story. 

- Fake asthma and real weight loss for fake health reasons

- Fake phobias. In this episode, when Ramona tried to give her a lifeline with "you didn't want to leave without your husband", Aviva said that she has no problem with it and she and Reed were travelling without the other. Remembering her storyline from last year, she quickly added "for the past 8 months". Yeah right. Last year, she couldn't go in an elevator without him, let alone go on vacations... Psychiatry does real wonders if she got over 30 years of fear during the two seasons... 

- Her father's fake fiançailles (but real creepiness).

- The lies she spread. And even if, she wasn't lying about Carole's ghost writer, the disgusting way she spread them was enough to turn anybody off.

- Fake outrage. Seriously, she had a hard time keeping a straight face after throwing her leg. She needs acting lessons, stat.

Heather, Carole, LuAnn and Kristen are doing what I would do with a collegue I can't stand but must work with : freezing her out when they can or laughing at her face when they can't escape her presence.

Imho, when they said "you are sick", it's not ment as Kelly Bensimon brand of cuckoo. It means : how can you vilify yourself to that point (with the Xrays, lies about them, yet again talking about the ghost writer...) just for screen time. When Heather was furious, up and pointing finger, she was just sick of it and really not in the mood to let her hijack the fun with her verbal vomit to create drama and relevance.

When LuAnn, Heather and Carole first got up to talk among themselves about the "lying doctor joke" and later exploded in laughter during Aviva big scene, they broke out of character big time I think. When they laughed at her, it wasn't some witches pointing a finger at the disabled/mentally unstable woman. They were not RH characters, they were the real 3 women of the same troup looking at their peer when she jumped the shark to get attention from collegues who won't feed her lines anymore and an audience who doesn't care about her. That was cool to see.

• Love 16
(edited)

Maybe Moaner "dated" Fabio like Carole "dated" Clooney….

Actually Ramona said Fabio pursued her relentlessly. She didn't date him.

<snip>

Even though I am inclined to agree that the resentment towards Aviva stems largely from her shirking of professional obligations and the attribution of that habit to a dubious medical ailment, I'm still mystified by the obsession with her supposed offense. What does anyone care if a co-worker fails to perform their responsibilities as long as it doesn't directly create more work for their colleagues?<snip>

I felt that the producers prompted most conversations about Aviva. Also I think it's very common for co-workers to talk about a lazy, unlikable co-worker.

<snip>

Mario and Ramona still have hot sex, my foot! I'm not saying that a lacking love life has to be present where there's infidelity. Men cheat for many reasons. But in all the scenes we've seen this season, Mario just seems disgusted by Ramona and I doubt he finds it scintillating on his end.

Actually it's quite common for sex to become more ramped up during an affair and after discovery of an affair. Sex can become both a barometer and a marking of territory, so to speak. Mario seems highly sexual, but I do find it hard to picture Ramona being a freak between the sheets. Sonja however"................well that's another story.

I think I heard Kristin say that it made sense to use her as a model so the company could use the money they would have paid another model for something else. In other words, sounds like the new Face of Eboost works for free.

Dumbass.

I think in all fairness to Kristin, many spouses have worked for "free" for their spouses start-up company. Myself included.

eta: oops I hit post too soon. I forgot I was replying to more than one post.

Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 1

Exactly. I think Carole and Heather's issues are legitimate. And I think Kristen is justified in not liking Aviva, but in no way does she need to get into giant shouting matches with her and demand apologies. I, honestly, think Kristen - A. wanted the camera time/attention and B. wanted to try and impress the "cool girls". 

Yeah, Kristen's beef seems way more about garnering screen time than any sort of legitimate reason for not liking Aviva. Granted, Aviva did tell her to "shut the fuck up" in the presence of children, but I feel like Kristen taking on Aviva's asthma claims is about her budding friendship with Carole and Heather. In the case of Heather, since I believe that she and Carole are really good friends off screen, it seems more like, "I'm backing up my girlfriend who's in conflict with that hose beast over there."

I have to say that also liked that moment of them bag shopping. When they were talking about Jax and his hearing condition, I liked that Carole said how important it is for Heather to just go with her gut and listen to the doctor that she most trusts. 

We need to establish a Housewives craziness level, like Terror Threat Alerts or Defcon levels.

How about:

• DEFCON Salahi (most severe)
  • DEFCON Aviva
  • DEFCON Kelly
  • DEFCON Brandi
  • DEFCON Kenya (least severe; she's just kind of kooky)

I blow dry my hair daily and it is not falling out. She probably only does it for functions.

I think Ramona looked wonderful on WWHL.

Any other time I would agree with the sentiment. However, Aviva has set herself up as an ambassador, so to speak, of the amputee population. From last season when we saw her meet with the little boy to give him his running legs to the charity function she put on in conjunction with Soul Cycle about amputees to her meeting with one of the people who lost her leg after the Boston marathon bombing. She's putting her face to those causes, so she is de facto representing the group.

I still hate Heather, though.  Loved her yelling at Carole to shut up.  (There's more from where that came from, Radzi.  You can bank on that.)

Meh. That seemed more like a, "Girl, it's not worth it!" moment when Heather called Carole's name. Heather's that friend who will fight for you, particularly if she already doesn't like the chick trying to beef with her friend.

• Love 5
I'm really looking forward to the reunion. From the preview they showed, it looks like Sonja is going to get called out big time and I am just salivating at the thought!

I always look forward to the reunions, until I remember that Andy gives a pass to his favorites and they never really call out the Ho's with their most egregious BS.

For example, we won't get anything about Sonja's FRAUD being the reason she's broke and desperate, and they won't talk about how fake and staged the whole thing with Harry was.  And we won't get much on Ramona being a rude-ass bitch all season to everyone, nor any truthful discussion of her marital problems being the real reason she ran away from the Hamptons, etc.  And no one will stand up and say they won't film anymore with sexual harasser George.

• Love 6

•DEFCON Salahi (most severe)

•DEFCON Aviva

•DEFCON Kelly

•DEFCON Brandi

•DEFCON Kenya (least severe; she's just kind of kooky)

I think there should be two for Kelly.

1. DEFCON Sharpton
  2. DEFCON Gummi bear
  • Love 9

When LuAnn, Heather and Carole first got up to talk among themselves about the "lying doctor joke" and later exploded in laughter during Aviva big scene, they broke out of character big time I think. When they laughed at her, it wasn't some witches pointing a finger at the disabled/mentally unstable woman. They were not RH characters, they were the real 3 women of the same troup looking at their peer when she jumped the shark to get attention from collegues who won't feed her lines anymore and an audience who doesn't care about her. That was cool to see.

Completely agree. They weren't gals on a Reality Show specifically with cameras in their faces, but 3 co-workers watching what a peer was willing to do to get attention. The couldn't believe it, yet they could, because they have been dealing with her antics for a couple of years. It was priceless. 

I personally don't think Carole will come back next year, regardless of whether she is asked. I think she has done what she set out to do, which was to raise awareness of Carole the Writer, and sell some books. She seems like she is so in on the joke that reality TV is, and that she is just not that interested in all of the drama. I wonder if Heather would come back without Carole? She will have a lot on her plate with her lawsuit as well. I love them both (my fav. gals on any of these shows), but part of me wishes they would exit stage left before Bravo entices them to do something to harm their friendship. I don't think they would, but would prefer to not chance it. 

• Love 2

How do we know that Luann was stepping out in her marriage? Has she ever said this? Has any reputable source ever said this? Or is it the same sources that have been saying for years that Mario is a serial cheater and that Ramona has always looked the other way? Looked the other way until he threw it in her face by bringing the gal to their home in The Hampton's? Why wouldn't Lu's divorce be part of her story? Are only the things that happen during filming part of the story? 

The fact is that there were not a lot of tabloid rumors about Lu and the Count before Ramona went on stage and started making accusations.  Sure, folks wondered what was up with their marriage, since they seemed to spend a lot of time a part. The same way that folks have wondered for years about Mario, since he so often seems to be checking out other women on the show. Ramona was the one who gave any rumors about Lu a public forum. She didn't give one single rats ass about Lu's kids. Even if Lu and the Count did have an open marriage, why in the world would Ramona want to say something like that on TV? Did she think that Lu's kids would be OK with hearing this? That they wouldn't be ridiculed by their friends about such an issue? The answer is that Ramona didn't care because her only goal was to make Lu look bad.

Now she will have the nerve to sit on a stage and say that she doesn't want to talk about her own marital issues because she is protecting her daughter. Her daughter who is in college.  She will probably say that her issues are different because she didn't do anything wrong, where she thinks the Countess did. Only in Ramona's dumb, delusional, narcissistic mind could it make sense that her college aged child should be protected, but another woman's children (who were I believe about 10-14 at the time) don't deserve such consideration. She will think that since Lu was in part at fault, her kids feelings wouldn't really matter very much, while Avery's matter a lot, since Ramona is so innocent. She truly is the most vile woman on any HW show.  IMO she makes Brandi look good. 

I am not defending Ramona's actions towards Luann.  Prior to Ramona saying that at the Reunion there was a story about Luann grabbing a guy's crotch at a social event.  How reliable the publication I do not know.   Ramona did not put the story out there it came from a published source.

Early on Andy did do a screen shot grab of Mario checking out other women and asked Ramona about it.  She just stumbled around-what does one say when confronted with it.

I don't think Ramona should use the kid excuse because I don't think either parent thought about their child when the issue became public.  Ramona does not like the humiliation.   I believe Luann did ask Ramona to stop with the insinuations because of her children-and rightfully so on a couple of occasions and even went so far as to attack Ramona's looks-"crazy eyes".  LuAnn didn't seem to mind -when asking for an alibi the night of her pirate escapades having, "I will never change" put out on reality TV.  The last season Jill was on Luann and Jill were only to happy to announce Mario cheating rumors at the Reunion.  So LuAnn doesn't exactly have clean hands in the attack another's marriage category.

I would hope none of these women would ever feel compelled to divorce their husband over the other women's speculation on a spouse's faithfulness or someone else's insistence that one must divorce because their spouse cheated.  I really don't think Andy delving into how one feels about a cheating spouse is entirely appropriate.  It is not as if a RH is going to say- I am okay with it.  They do agree to put their lives out there but Ramona is not the first to draw a line in the sand when it comes to her personal life.

Ramona has a very special brand of crazy in Mario's summer fling.  Here is a story about the other woman and her continued attempts to keep the affair in the press http://www.examiner.com/article/kasey-dexter-screams-rhony-ramona-singer-s-husband-still-cheating-on-her  It sounds as if the Singers want nothing to do with this woman and she will not go away quietly.  Ramona has a right to peace and quiet in a restaurant especially since she is one of the owners.  This Kasey chick seems very "Fatal Attraction".  Why is she stalking Ramona?

I didn't see Mario at the Sonja party last night?  Was he there or was he not part of Team Sonja?

• Love 1
I really don't think Andy delving into how one feels about a cheating spouse is entirely appropriate.

I'm okay with Andy asking about anything that happens on the show...since Ramona's discovery of the affair happened after filming (allegedly), I don't think it's cool for Andy to go there. Not that there aren't plenty of other things he can ask Ramona about.

I enjoyed WWHL last night with Ramona, LuAnn, and Heather more than I think I did the entire season. Ditto on Ramona looking fabulous...she should stick to blue dresses that don't have a sheen.

• Love 1

swimmingwithsnarks, on 23 Jul 2014 - 02:20 AM, said:

No way LuAnn could have done that, as much as I would have loved it. She was trying too hard not to have pose running down one of her own legs.

I typed "pee." Autocorrect is so often Autoincorrect. Sorry.

Ah, I thought you meant poise.  Works either way!

Because they're paid by the season, not by how many scenes they film. So when you're getting paid x amount of dollars, and your co-worker, who makes the same amount, doesn't show up for work but still gets paid, you resent it.

Exactly.  You'd think that would be easy enough to comprehend.

Aviva is done.  Who wants to film with her?  Maybe Sonja but no one else.  She doesn't go on housewives trips for bogus reasons.  Her father is a disgusting lunatic.  See ya!

(edited)

However, she claims there is a "potential" spinoff for her father "in progress" and if it goes through, she will probably be on it.

The only show I picture George on is To Catch A Predator.  What possible theme could any spinoff for that pervert have?  Filming him as he goes from town to town groping people?  Or maybe he will be filmed as the Octogenarian Gigolo.  Bravo really needs to stop rewarding people for their bad behavior.  I just can't with them.  smdh 

Yeah, acid refux is easy to treat.

I wish this was true.  I've been suffering with it for a decade now and the problem is, your body gets used to the medication and it stops being effective.  I've been on 4 different medications and still have episodes at least 3 times a week and they are the most painful and uncomfortable episodes ever and leave me in tears most of the time.  I don't have asthma because of it though.  The scary thing is the damage it can do to your esophagus.  Changing your eating habits works...sometimes.  :-(

Edited by swankie
  • Love 5

The difference is Luann was stepping out in her marriage as well as the Count and Ramona was not.  LuAnn's antics made the tabloids and Ramona has either not stepped out  or has not been caught.  It is tacky, even by Real Housewives standards, to bring up a cheating spouse, especially if the couple is trying to reconcile. What does the wife say if someone asks about her husband cheating?   All I can say to Heather is STFU-you don't have to weigh in on everything.  LuAnn used her divorce as a major storyline-Ramona's divorce filing did not occur during filming.

Difference is that Ramona has one set of rules for herself and another for everyone else.

I don't know if Ramona sleeps around.  We have seen on camera Ramona flirt heavily with men, comment on men, request men, heck we even saw her kiss someone during Turtle Time. 

We've also seen Ramona trash talk LuAnn as a mother and bring up Victoria's problems.  But Avery is off limits as is Ramona's parenting.  Ramona called LuAnn a part time mother yet Avery on camera says that she has dinner alone most nights because both Ramona and Mario are out.

Ramona is free to point out off screen behaviors of others with no regard to the impact.

On WWHL last night, Andy mentioned that he met a friend of Ramona's.  Instead of saying something neutral, Ramona launches into how ill her friend is and.. Andy cuts her off and tells her that it's not appropriate to mention that on TV.  Ramona gives him that blank look. 

And Ramona was also called out for her deflection tactic. Andy had asked her a question that she didn't want to answer so she blurted out that LuAnn had a hot date.  Why?  

Again, Ramona doesn't care about others, just about herself in that moment.

• Love 14
(edited)

I don't watch WWHL, but since folks were talking about it here, I thought to check out the Bravo page. In one of the clips, a caller asks the women why Sonja was suddenly pro-Aviva. The quick and dirty is that Sonja's daughter is friends with Aviva's son, Harrison. 

Edited by Mozelle

Sonja's parties are always so sad looking.  Nothing wrong with pigs in a blanket but they looked so lost and lonely, all lined up like that on a dinky plate. All her New Age psycho-babble is so pathetic and dated. 

The thing with the leg was both crazy and dull.  Aviva is aces at bringing those two qualities together. That strapless red dress looked terrible on her. 

Kristen needs to tone it down -- way too confrontational with Aviva. 

Carole's apartment looks a lot grander and more comfortable.  Wish we had seen a bit more of it.  The butterfly coffee table thingie was pretty tacky though.  Glad she kept some vital appliances in her kitchen. 

The reunion does look like it's going to be fabulously entertaining.  P Diddy on Sonja's yacht!  Too funny.

I know this is probably too much to ask but I really wish Bravo had not shown the leg on the floor in previews.  Can you just imagine how awesome it would have been for us viewers to not know what was coming, and then to see Aviva put her fake leg on the table, and then go one step further and toss it?  Such a fun moment spoiled for us by Bravo's giving it all away too soon. They could have found a way to tease the episode without showing the main event.  I still laughed when it happened, but it could have been better. It was probably so awesome for the shlubs that were there.

Sheesh, I really get no hilarity from Sonja & her unpaid slaves.

Me neither. What was that part of her speech where her aura was not at its best when she bought the townhouse on 72 Street? Didn't Old Man Morgan buy that pile of bricks?  

Did anyone else catch Luann's response to Andy when he commented about Sonja's odd party? She said (paraphrasing) yep that's what a Sonja In The City party looks like.

Oh Sonja, please go back to your toaster oven cookbook idea. I have Royalty visiting this month (on my yacht) and haven't a clue what to feed them. I will, however be going commando (no special vacay undies for this crowd) and wearing a French blouse. :-p

• Love 1

On WWHL last night, Andy mentioned that he met a friend of Ramona's.  Instead of saying something neutral, Ramona launches into how ill her friend is and.. Andy cuts her off and tells her that it's not appropriate to mention that on TV.  Ramona gives him that blank look. 

Yea, that was amazing. Ramona really didn't seem to understand why it wasn't OK to say that this gal had a whole host of medical issues on TV.

The other interesting thing was when they were showing all the crap that Ramona has said about Lu. Lu asked Andy (and Ramona) if in the 6 years that they had been filming, Ramona had ever said anything nice about Lu. Ramona complimented her dress, but then said something like she had been nice all these years, because there was so much more that she could have revealed about Lu but didn't. Again, why in the world she had to go to a place where she made it sound like Lu was this terrible person was beyond me. All the time she is talking like this she is laughing and acting like she and Lu are friends. Lu said that is the problem with Ramona. She will say horrible things, then lean over and ask her if she wants to go get a drink later. 

• Love 3
(edited)
Did anyone else catch when she said something about it being "all season" or was it "last season" when she was in the middle of an argument at the table? She can't even keep her lines straight enough to remember how not to break the fourth wall.

Yeah, good catch.  Just before she took off the leg & threw it down, she said Kristen had treated her horribly "all this season".  Er, huh???

I blow dry myself daily too & I'm hardly bald, but have you ever had a professional blowout?  They are really, really harsh.  They pull & tug like crazy for 15 to 20 minutes -- at least.  Moaner said on WWHL her blowouts last 2 days.  And she said somewhere else she gets at least several a week.  Mark my works, she gonna be bald.  Won't be effortless for Mario to leave the Moaner in the dust.

Hey, btw, I'm not buying this bullshit of not bringing up Mario's skank outta respect for Avery.  Moaner never cared much about Lu's kids when she said her nasty shit bout Lu's marriage.  And Lu's kids were quite young.  Avery is 19.  She's old enough to handle the fact that Mario is a cheater.  I'm sure she's known about it for a long, long time.

I agree, her actions represent herself and that's it.  Kinda doubt most amputees could empathize with her having several prosthetic legs, each worth many thousands.  I'm sure most would just think of her as a ridiculous joke.  But it reminds me of how sad it is she squandered an important opportunity to extend her charity work for the amputee community.  She might have been able to do that if we had seen more of charitable Aviva & less of her made up nonsense.  Sad.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

I wasn't that invested in the early years of NYC but I remember there being a ton of hate towards Jill online. One particular blog was created just to bash her and I know Simon & Alex met or had contact with that person.

As the Housewives shows expanded and became more over the top, anything Jill did in her seasons just seems like small potatoes now.

If they want to save this franchise they need to find women who are willing to showcase their lives, not sell a product or play a character.

I'm sort of surprised Bravo is showing her throwing the leg in the promo. Hopefully there's more excitement,  like her trying to retrieve it.

Oh, I remember that.  Didn't that person/blogger turn out to be some nut case who actually stalked Jill's building and was posting up pictures of her actual residence and stuff?  I was no Jill fan, but if that's the same person, I thought it had all sorts of creeper undertones to it and I didn't blame Jill for raising hell over that one.  It's one thing to snark on these women in blogs but another thing to physically hang out at their building and publish shots of their actual residences in a blog.  Yikes.

Just a reminder that tonight's finale is 90 minutes long! (Or short, if you were hoping for 2 hours.) 

As bad as this show is, I really miss this particular franchise when it's gone. Bravo seems to be trying to "re-create" the magic with all of its copycat shows - groups of guys and gals doing things - but really there's nothing like it. 

Except Game of Crowns, which I think should be running on an endless loop 24/7 on its own channel.

That show is bringing everything the latest installments of the Housewives did not for me.  In my humble Bravo-addicted opinion, GOC is the best shit Bravo has trotted out in a very long time.

But is she in their mouth all the time? Considering how much they cannot stand her, I hear them talk about her rarely. Yea, if she comes up they snark on her, but I don't believe that any of these ladies gives much thought about Aviva one way or another. They think she is making up the asthma deal, but who is to say they are the ones to bring it up to her, but simply that they react to her silliness?

I actually think that is Aviva's entire problem. They don't care about her at all and are not really talking about her enough to give her any real story on the show. The only way the whole asthma deal got going is because Sonja was stirring that big fat pot.

I agree with you entirely.

I think Aviva was just so over the top with her phobias and batshit craziness that ultimately none of the other women had a single fuck to give about her.  She made herself a non-entity.  I don't think she crossed their minds at all unless it came to an event and the question of whether or not she would be invited came up...and we saw how that didn't work out so well for Aviva.  

A preview of a tense interaction between Andy and Ramona at the reunion, which I cannot wait for. Oh Ramona, you dumb ass, if Andy wanted to really make you look like the insipid, hypocritical asshole you are he could so easily do it. As it is, I assume he will go fairly easy on her in the end.

https://za.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/real-housewives-ny-reunion-preview-ramona-singer-lashes-173500686.html;_ylt=AwrBEiEt5s5TQV0An6eamolQ

Oh, that preview is 10 shades of awesome.

All except Kristen getting up doing that ridiculous sing-song "You're delusional" crap (probably to Aviva).

Andy needs to make these women sit their well-paid asses down in those chairs and KEEP them planted there.  Not only did that little clip make Kristen look like she had the social wares of a 3-year-old but we've seen how quickly getting up and approaching another person can escalate.

Sit down, Kristen, and just shut the fuck up.  

(edited)

Oh, I remember that.  Didn't that person/blogger turn out to be some nut case who actually stalked Jill's building and was posting up pictures of her actual residence and stuff?  I was no Jill fan, but if that's the same person, I thought it had all sorts of creeper undertones to it and I didn't blame Jill for raising hell over that one.  It's one thing to snark on these women in blogs but another thing to physically hang out at their building and publish shots of their actual residences in a blog.  Yikes.

I think Charming was refering to the LynnNChicago's (who passed away http://lynnfam.com/tributes-to-lynn/) blog first referenced as I Hate Jill Zarin. She was kind of a famous blogger at the time as you can see from the tribute. And at one point, in a season, Jill refered to the blog during one of her many blow outs if memory serves.

Jill is still not over it by the way http://lynnfam.com/2014/02/08/i-hate-jill-zarin-blog-mentioned-on-oprahs-where-are-they-now-plus-couples-therapy-brandis-podcast-and-beverly-hills-reunion-aftermath/ but hey, it's Jill, even if the horse is dead and transformed in glue, she will beat the shit out of the tube.

If that is indeed whom Charming was refering to, I don't remember Lynn ever going to her residence but once she indeed had her picture taken in front of (one of ?) Zarin fabric store while visiting New-York, as a joke. But they may be another blogger who was indeed a stalker that I'm not aware of so please, disregard this post if that's the case !

Edited by Pollock
  • Love 1

I think Charming was refering to the LynnNChicago's (who passed away http://lynnfam.com/tributes-to-lynn/) blog first referenced as I Hate Jill Zarin. She was kind of a famous blogger at the time as you can see from the tribute. And at one point, in a season, Jill refered to the blog during one of her many blow outs if memory serves.

Jill is still not ever it by the way http://lynnfam.com/2014/02/08/i-hate-jill-zarin-blog-mentioned-on-oprahs-where-are-they-now-plus-couples-therapy-brandis-podcast-and-beverly-hills-reunion-aftermath/ but hey, it's Jill, even if the horse is dead and transformed in glue, she will beat the shit out of the tube.

If that is indeed whom Charming was refering to, I don't remember Lynn ever going to her residence but once she indeed had her picture taken in front of (one of ?) Zarin fabric store while visiting New-York, as a joke. But they may be another blogger who was indeed a stalker that I'm not aware of so please, disregard this post if that's the case !

I could have the details confused, too, Pollock, especially if I read it as a piece Jill Zarin herself put out there.  I remember seeing a lot of hoopla about someone posting up a picture of the building in which she resided, and I could absolutely understand her being in a tizzy over that.  A picture of the blogger in front of Zarin Fabrics?  Not so much.  That store is a public location so if that's what Jill was really frothing at the mouth over...ye gads. I would think someone posting up a picture of your business would be a GOOD thing, free publicity and all of that good stuff.   

I wonder if Jill helped her buddy Aviva devise last night's fuck-and-awe leg chucking event.  Considering Jill's known penchant for creating her own storylines to generate drama, I sadly wouldn't be a bit surprised if they had concocted those over-the-top theatrics together.

Mario and Ramona still have hot sex, my foot!

Maybe they do, just not with each other! 

My grandfather was an amputee; he lost his leg in the war.  I think he would roll over in his grave had he seen this repulsive ploy for attention.  I wonder what the Boston Marathon victim who Aviva helped thought about it.  

To the poster upthread who asked what happened to Sonya's other dog (Marley).  I went to her Instagram page a while ago when I wondered if she got the red poodle, and there were recent pics of Marley so I don't think she traded him in.  And to Sonya's comment that her dog wasn't trainable, I potty trained my poodle within 30 minutes.  They are incredibly smart; you just have to take the time.  (Heather Dubrow, I'm talking to you too!) 

• Love 2

I'd love to see any of the women step up to the plate and let Aviva know that she is sick and tired of hearing about the accident and the leg.  It was enough already quite a long time ago.  And to point out that for someone who claims to be suffering from asthma, Aviva seems to have NO trouble going on and on and on in loud tones with nary a coughing fit.  

That party looked like was being held in the storage room of a ship--totally sterile, cold, and unattractive space for a party.  Was there even any food other than the little hot dogs?  All kind of Alice down the rabbit hole craziness going on.

I agree with the poster above who said she found the trotting out of the X-rays even crazier than the hammy throwing of the leg. Part of me wonders if, need for TV drama aside, Aviva doesn't secretly blame herself for the terrible accident.  The myriad ways in which she absolutely insists on being the center of attention and the constant object of pity -- while pretending that's not her intention -- makes me question whether she just can't get through a day without highlighting her victim status as a way to deflect.  I'm not saying she should feel guilty in ANY way but she's so full of self-loathing that it fills the air around her.  She's obviously enraged about all kinds of things but it doesn't really seem to be about this little group of women. When they don't buy her BS, she erupts in a way that seems to be the only honest thing about her.  Forget about the damn prosthetic -- her fury is what's real about her.

Carole said it best and most calmly:  "You need help."  For sure.  Here's to hoping that this will really and truly be her last season.  She's killing the show. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh, and plus one for Carole for, in the midst of all that ridiculousness, picking up Aviva's prosthetic leg and giving it back to her. 

ETA: Thank you, motorcitymom, for linking to the Vulture recap. I hadn't read them, but I do love this part:

Of all the reactions to the shenanigans, Heather's is really the only one that mattered, from standing up to tell Aviva that she finds her lies “laughable” to letting Kristen know that Aviva was making fun of her to her face without her even knowing. Heather is the only one here who gets it. Which just makes me ask: What is Heather doing here? What is this real, actual nice person who is smart and capable (and shockingly athletic) doing here with the rest of these yahoos around a table?

That’s when she said it. That’s when she said the thing that changed it all. “I would like to go home tonight, and this is just not worth my time.” Yes, Aviva Drescher threw her leg, but Heather Thomson told the truth, and that is more powerful than any tomfoolery and forced confrontation. Heather let us know exactly what this was: It was work. She is there to sell Yummerz Tummerz and maybe have a few laughs. That’s why she did the show. She did not do the show so that some mentally deranged shrieking monkey could hurl her limbs at her. This wasn’t fun anymore. This is not what she signed up for, and she would much rather have this time alone with her family than have to pretend that Aviva even cares one lick about the truth or reality or any of those basic concepts that we all need to cling to for survival.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 3
(edited)

I mean really, who does the Moaner she's kiddin'?  Herself?  She thinks she can shut down all talk of Mario cheating on her, when it's been widely reported since the beginning of the year?  Not gonna happen, Moaner.  About time Andy pushes her to acknowledge it -- at the very least.

http://www.thewrap.com/real-housewives-of-ny-reunion-preview-ramona-singer-lashes-out-at-andy-cohen-over-marriage-video/

Btw, a sneering, snippy Veevs (at the reunion) is gonna get old real quick.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Actually Ramona said Fabio pursued her relentlessly. She didn't date him.

Actually, I thought Ramona said it was a guy who looked like Fabio.  I don't think she was talking about Fabio, although Andy said later on WWHL something about Ramona dating Fabio. 

I suspect it's a combination of the name and the title. Aside from being Jackie's sister, I understand that Lee was pretty well known in her own right in NY social circles and was often named among the best dressed women. Most of those women are old enough to remember it, although ironically probably not Heather or Kristen who seem to be her biggest supporters. Heck I am sure Sonja probably hung out with Lee. And Jackie. And Prince Ranier and anyone else famous..

And I think the others like Carole despite how "unappealing" she may look because they are adults and realize that how a person looks means NOTHING and their character means everything.

They probably also realize that a person can't help how they look.

I used to think that females stopped being slammed for how they look once we left high school.

A person can't help how they look. Carole seems like a good person and a great, loyal friend. I'd prefer that over a beautiful woman who slams others looks.

• Love 11
Oh, and plus one for Carole for, in the midst of all that ridiculousness, picking up Aviva's prosthetic leg and giving it back to her.

It was funny that the one HW that Aviva's made no bones about despising (even now, one year after filming) was the only one who thought to retrieve her leg. It was a moment of quiet civility and I thought Carole deflated Aviva's sails in that moment.

• Love 9

It was funny that the one HW that Aviva's made no bones about despising (even now, one year after filming) was the only one who thought to retrieve her leg. It was a moment of quiet civility and I thought Carole deflated Aviva's sails in that moment.

My favorite moment of the entire episode. It seemed to fitting to me that Aviva - the selfish narcissist that she is - would fling her prosthetic leg like it meant nothing to her, like it had no value at all, simply to make a point.  Then you have Carole, the one who got called a "fake" at the beginning of the season by the gal who has done such an obscene thing, calmly pick up the leg and give it back to it's ungrateful owner.  She didn't have to.  I don't know if I would have, but Carole is the one who came out the looking like the far better person in that encounter. I will assume that Aviva was probably hoping that production would indeed get a shot of her crawling across the floor to get her leg. Carole for the big win here. 

• Love 5

While you can't help the looks you were born with, saying a person can't help how they look is tragically advice Carole Radziwill should have heeded about four slams to her face with a hammer followed by a sander if her talking heads are any indication.  Aging muppet worked for her in a way.  Now she looks like angry bees just finished with her.  Very very angry bees.

(edited)

Never mind. Totally not worth it.

I'll just say that a person who slams others looks must be flawlessly beautiful to say so many horrible things about how another person looks.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 15
(edited)

Never mind. Totally not worth it.

I'll just say that a person who slams others looks must be flawlessly beautiful to say so many horrible things about how another person looks.

Well, what I will say is that I find it interesting when a HW gets labeled "mean girl"...and then you see her looks torn to pieces. Like, wait. What?

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 2
(edited)

So isn't it then fair to say that a person who slams a sick person must be a perfect specimen of a human being to say so many horrible things about another person's mental or physical health?  But no, that wouldn't be true. Because a perfectly sane and utterly stable person would step away from the crazy.  Not laugh at it.  It's crazy.

I think it's all up for snark. Actually, I think it'd be easier to fix Carole and Heather's faces than to fix whatever the hell is wrong with Aviva. As the completely and utterly stable and perfectly sane Heather said last night, "Aviva has a laundry list of issues" which I believe she does.  So why is it okay for Heather to rag on those but if someone were to say one snide remark about Heather's remarkable nose, the whole internet would blow up?

Why is mental health up for snark and not someone's looks?  One is easier to fix than the other.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1

I don't think either Carole or Heather's faces need 'fixing'.   On the other hand, I have no idea if Aviva needs mental help or she's just a famewhore.  I wouldn't put her in the same catagory as Kelly on Scary Island and have no problem with the other women confronting her about her behavior.

• Love 10