Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: You So Bad Boy


  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, WahooLAH99 said:

I am SO confused about this hot tub situation! My parents have one. Not going to lie, I have been in it topless,  plenty of time. But nerves once have I been told I have to be naked because clothing will mess up the PH!  That is not a thing! There is one rule- no drinking. And that is only because someone almost passed out after drinking and getting out! Also my dad changes the water a lot, almost every time I come home. I told them to stop because I was sure it was a pain. My DAD, who is a cheap ass was like- it is not a big deal, and it is not even that expensive! So shut up mother Brandon!

As sex-obsessed as Betty is, I still can't help but think that her "other thing we don't do in the hot tub" was pee in it.  We were meant to think that she was referring to having sex in it, but the obvious is DON'T PEE IN THE POOL.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

If Rebecca didn't get permission from the store owner to take that shopping cart off of store property, she is advertising her commission of a misdemeanor crime by having it in her apartment.  Those things aren't cheap.

Stores in my good hire a pickup truck guy to collect and bring 'em back.

  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, christmaslights said:

exactly.  it's been a long long time since I lived in an apartment, but I remember people would return them by mailboxes. kind of a like a luggage cart. 

? How does a shopping cart fit in a mailbox? Where does the label go?

  • LOL 6
Link to comment
On 1/18/2021 at 3:43 PM, KateHearts said:

I chuckle at the obvious camera-lingering that goes on:  Rebecca's big hips from behind swinging through the empty apartment in her mom-jeans. the sad looking grocery cart in the apartment, Zied making his little Elvis-like point in his hair.  Others include the pantry-like shelf of protein powder in Brandon's room,  Jovi very intentionally getting out of the cab without helping Yara, Mike practically rolling his eyes at Natalie's insults with his totally indifferent body language, Tarik's giant necklace, and various dirty closets, laundry-strewn bedrooms and forlorn, empty refrigerators.  The camera crew must laugh and laugh at the end of the day. 

I thought Zied looked better with his shorter hair but he has still stuck to the too-tight sweaters and odd-fitting joggers for his uniform. And what's the deal with his teeth? They just look like a giant white bar across his mouth.

 

I LOVE how this show highlights the little things like that by lingering juuuust a little bit too long so we all get a laugh.

UMMM too-tight sweaters and odd-fitting joggers is basically my covid uniform, since I am still working from home.  When he got up and threw on the sweater I was like, yeah that is my morning.

 

21 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

 

Rebecca:  "I would have given anything to have the day off to spend it with him!"  You had HOW MUCH TIME to know he was coming?  Ask for a day off, fool!  Ask some friends (or a friend) to come by to say hi and take him to lunch?  Sightsee?  Not gonna lie:  I kinda like the exposed brick in the apartment and the huge windows.

The exposed/distressed brick is not a bad look.  I don't know if Zied's mom knows that it looks that way on purpose.  I think that she thought it is a run-down apartment with peeling walls.

When I moved into my loft condo, my parents were upset that it wasn't "finished" before I moved in.  The ductwork was exposed and the walls were brick and cement.  I was like, yeah I paid extra for this!

 

  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
Link to comment

19 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Just wanted to add...Mike is totally over Natalie and I’m here for it!   “Explain, that, with your high IQ”. 🤣🤣🤣

I sure hope he’s over her.  In his thinking head tho, doesn’t he say he loves her?  Or was that before she became unbearable?

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, christmaslights said:

send Julia to live with Mike, she could sleep all damn day and he would never know. Natalie can go live in Las Vegas with David, its warm there. 

problems solved.

 

That’s a great idea.  We can do a switcharoo with all of them.  Where can we put Ziad Baby?

 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Chellichik said:

While I don't think Julia should be treated like a farm hand, she should be doing SOMETHING aside from sleeping in til noon and then whining whenever Brandon has to do his farm chores.  Brandon seemed to enjoy the farm work and getting things done until she showed up.

Outside work not her "cup of tea"?  Find some other way to help out.  Offer to do some laundry or clean something inside.  Offer to cook a meal.  Do something other than take up space and eat their food.  What are her plans after they get married?  Anything??

To me, a lot depends on what Julia was expecting.  If Brandon had told her that she'd be expected to work, then yes, she should be expected to work.  But if he didn't mention it (like he didn't mention that they wouldn't be sharing a room), then I don't have the slightest problem with her simply taking up space and eating their food.

But my opinion could have a lot to do with the fact that I don't like Brandon or his parents at all.

 

  • Love 8
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

That’s a great idea.  We can do a switcharoo with all of them.  Where can we put Ziad Baby?

I noticed on the commercial for “Bares All” Shawn asked Rebecca to give Belize Ryan a score and she said he was a “2.” I wonder what number Stephanie (the one who doesn’t have an illness) would give Zied. It would be interesting to see what scores participants give other couples and I’ve thought it would be fun to change the pairings 

  • Love 4
Link to comment

I just can't with Natalie. I so wanted Mike to lean in even harder on her "low class" statement. What bougie lifestyle did she give up in the Ukraine? She was living in typical Eastern European industrial era apartments with her elderly mother. Did she have a career? Or if she didn't have a career did she have passion projects that she committed time and her 110 IQ to? I've said before, I think Mike probably does have a drinking problem and is gaslighting Natalie so their toxic, loveless relationship is on him too. She is a fucking lunatic though. 

And I especially can't with Brandon and his parents. He threw Julia under the bus so fast when he was telling his parents that it's Julia's fault that he has been slacking off on his chores. Brandon is a loser. His parents are menacing. That life is not worth the green card.

 

  • Love 14
Link to comment
38 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

To me, a lot depends on what Julia was expecting.  If Brandon had told her that she'd be expected to work, then yes, she should be expected to work. 

And they should definitely have discussed what "work" means.  To some people, it might mean doing your own laundry and maintaining your own space.  To others, it might mean helping out around the house, doing dishes, starting dinner, etc.  I'm 74, and I'm just floored that Brandon's parents expect a city slicker from another country to slop the hogs, feed the sheep, etc.  And they didn't even start with something easy ("here's how you feed the chickens, and this needs to be done by 9:00 every morning") and let her master that first.  It appeared on the show that they just marched her out there and expected her to do everything from the first day.

  • Love 14
Link to comment

So much of it comes down to what did Brandon tell her life would be like at the farm.  My guess is he told her nothing because she may have decided not to come if she knew what their expectations were going to be.  I don't think his parents would be quite so aggravated if Brandon kept to doing his chores.  He is totally slacking because of Julia which puts more burden on his parents.

Of course, this could probably all be producer driven storylines...so I take everything that happens with a huge block of salt.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Haven't read all the posts yet but:

Rebecca: That studio apartment is actually pretty sweet.  Looked like a staging space for Ikea furniture or something.  Hint to Rebecca- pick up an Ikea catalog for inspo. You can make it look pretty nice there. Zied's sweater for the win! His midsection in those outfits is the best character on this show. Rebecca needs to stop speaking broken english though.  So much annoying, baby. 

Big Mike: We ❤ him. I'm sure he'll lose a LOT of weight...running away from "high class," crazy Natalie. 

Andrew: I see something off with this guy. He's not right in the head.  Sociopathic?? They had my support episode 1 then 👎. I said to my husband if it were simply just a fake game of "detective," you'd retrace Amira's steps.  Starting at the airport security, ask where detained folks are taken, etc., questioning around with any of the Mexican version of TSA and reporting that your fiance (or even say your "wife") is missing. The sitting in the hotel room & calling random #'s was annoying me. I think Amira will be done with him. Unless via the TV show (as I suspect happens a lot with these couples), she gets a "work" visa from TLC & makes it stateside. 

Brandon: I can't shake the suspicion this is fake. The parents go from uptight to kind of jovial at times. I see both sides still. Mother was SO rude to Julia that morning saying "no time for tea" then snipping "wake up" & making Julia hold her mug as she enjoyed *her* morning beverage right in front of the guest she denied one to was SO RUDE. Buuuut, Julia should *want* to help out. The work would finish in half the time if she helped her man out. Then the excess time could be spent together.  Everyone has a cell phone so she should've set her alarm for 4:15-4:30 am & shut them all down with an eagerness to start the day. Kill 'em with kindness. Worth a shot!

Jovi: These two are so boring. I can't get into them no matter how many pregnancies they conjure up. The mom is nice & she tries. That's all I can gather. 

Tarik: Almost forgot these two-that's how much I care. But Hazel probably isn't bi or lesbian, she is just having auditions for a nice, American female roomie for after she gets the green card in the mail. 

 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 6
Link to comment
50 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

I can't shake the suspicion this is fake.

In the beginning of this season's TLC charade, in Brandon's introduction, didn't he say they met up in Iceland with Julia and her parents and his dog breeding parents? Also another trip? Which is why he's in debt and has to live at Green Acres? I think he also said Julia was very demanding or something like that. Under the heading of demanding would be Smilin' Betty and Herr Papa.

If my recollection is correct, no way would farm life not be a topic of conversation.

My problem is, believing they are "acting". Their creep factor appears real.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
Link to comment
1 hour ago, albarino said:

I respectfully beg to differ.  A guest is a guest.  In my opinion, Brandon's parents should have the discussion about helping around the farmstead with Brandon, not Julia.  She is a guest and has demonstrated good-sportsmanship in my opinion.  I respect your strong opinion on this.  

I have a home, I have a kid who lived with us for almost a year post-doc (thanks COVID) and have had some of her friends stay with us for a bit.  I WOULD NEVER give them chores.  NEVER.  As in, NEVER.  As in, shrivel up and die, never.  Can't stand it?  Get a cleaning service; problem solved.

Rather, if I had a young woman engaged to my son staying at my home, I would really engage her in teaching me about her culture.  What do you celebrate?  What do you eat?  Can we shop together for that and make it at home together?  If I'm cleaning, I would think she may want to model my behavior.  That is it.

I shudder at the alternative.

 

Again, if they end up living there for a year or longer because Brandon can't afford for them to move out, does Julia remain a guest who is free to lounge around the house and do nothing?  I can see for a few weeks or if she was truly just visiting for a few weeks, but she's going to be living there as a member of the family, not some princess who needs to have everyone cater to her while she does nothing.  What if they move out and then have to move back in - are they both guests? 

Maybe Brandon's mom would be able to spend more time learning about Julia and her culture if she had more help from Brandon and Julia to feed the animals.  I don't see Julia being overly outgoing and wanting to show them her culture either.  All she wants to do is screw Brandon and drink tea.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

As a hot tub owner for about two decades now...you can absolutely wear clothing in a hot tub.  You can have sex in a hot tub.  Hell, I’m relatively sure each of our kids did so at some point as they were in high school or college, more than once....never thought to check for cloudy water to see if they had...I mean if you aren’t cheap with the chemicals and you are conscientious about maintenance you simply do not get cloudy water.  Yes, heavy usage could mean water changing needs to occur.  Things like sunscreen or moisturizers can cause changes in pH or build up that has to be addressed. Hot tubs do require water to be changed at times...sex is not usually a reason for this.  They are more demanding to maintain than a swimming pool but it’s not hard and that woman is just a loon if she thinks that way.

I almost hope that this crap with Brandon and Julia is all scripted because if it isn’t she needs to run far and fast...and never look back.  The rudest most arrogant parents I think I have seen.  Yes, you make the rules in your home, but for the love of all that is holy, she is here to marry your son, not work the farm as a free laborer.  If you cannot handle your farm perhaps you need to reduce the number of animals you have...seems like an awful lot of goats in not much space, for example.  You need to have a company that removes your unwanted crap come in and haul it Away.  You need to consider selling the whole mess and going to a very rules oriented 55 plus community. 
 

Brandon doesn’t want that farm, Julia hates that farm.  Honestly, I don’t think Betty and the jerk father really like the farm either. It’s a burden they are shouldering as the martyr parents that need something to leave to baby boy Brandon. I will end with this.....maybe they should really think long and hard about the way they are treating the woman who may be the mother of their grandchildren...she may just want to move very, very far away and never look back.....these people are just TOO MUCH.

  • Love 14
Link to comment

2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

In the beginning of this season's TLC charade, in Brandon's introduction, didn't he say they met up in Iceland with Julia and her parents and his dog breeding parents? Also another trip?

I think a France trip was when the parents met each other

Link to comment
8 hours ago, albarino said:

I respectfully beg to differ.  A guest is a guest.  In my opinion, Brandon's parents should have the discussion about helping around the farmstead with Brandon, not Julia.  She is a guest and has demonstrated good-sportsmanship in my opinion.  I respect your strong opinion on this.  

I have a home, I have a kid who lived with us for almost a year post-doc (thanks COVID) and have had some of her friends stay with us for a bit.  I WOULD NEVER give them chores.  NEVER.  As in, NEVER.  As in, shrivel up and die, never.  Can't stand it?  Get a cleaning service; problem solved.

Rather, if I had a young woman engaged to my son staying at my home, I would really engage her in teaching me about her culture.  What do you celebrate?  What do you eat?  Can we shop together for that and make it at home together?  If I'm cleaning, I would think she may want to model my behavior.  That is it.

I shudder at the alternative.

 

This, 100%. Brandon's parents have undermined the relationship from day one. Whenever Brandon and Julia manage to snatch a few minutes together, Betty is right there, ready to break up their alone time with her scolding. Brandon is up and out before she wakes up, and when he gets home him bloodsucking parents demand all his attention. Julia feels left out and abandoned and I don't blame her. There's a difference between helping out and being full time unpaid labor. Who did the farm chores before Julia arrived? 

What is so terrible about Julia wanting to spend time with her fiance, or drink a cup of tea in the morning? 

7 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

In the beginning of this season's TLC charade, in Brandon's introduction, didn't he say they met up in Iceland with Julia and her parents and his dog breeding parents? Also another trip? Which is why he's in debt and has to live at Green Acres? I think he also said Julia was very demanding or something like that. Under the heading of demanding would be Smilin' Betty and Herr Papa.

If my recollection is correct, no way would farm life not be a topic of conversation.

My problem is, believing they are "acting". Their creep factor appears real.

According to Brandon, they all met up in France. Also according to him, he's in debt $10,000. (Which he could pay down in a year if he'd drop a dime with a credit counseling company and get on a program so why is he whining?). And further according to him, Julia is "hard to please". Even though she has endured the rudeness, the intrusiveness, and the shit attitude of her future inlaws without a murmur. Why can't Brandon's parents try to accommodate Julia? She's not an early riser, she makes no apology for that and why should she? I can't imagine myself in Julia's shoes, making an effort, getting up early, only to have it met with a snotty "You're late! No tea for you!" Brandon and his appalling, controlling abusive parents have all joined together and thrown Julia under the bus with enthusiasm. I feel terrible for her. Remember when Betty tried to kibosh Julia's selected wedding date because it was "Mother's Day weekend"? They are genuinely creepy and I'm still at least partially convinced that unless Julia makes a break for freedom she'll end up being locked in a closet every night and thrown a crust. "Its for the best, dear". 

  • Love 21
Link to comment
On 1/18/2021 at 11:23 AM, linthia said:

I will never understand why anyone would enslave themselves to a bunch of goats, chickens, pigs and horses. Especially for a hobby farm? Here's a clue Brandon's parents: if you cannot handle your "farm" chores then sell the damn animals and get out from under the burden. How dare they demand Julia also become a slave to their hobby? If it so much fun to serve their animals then why are they complaining about it? They are looney tunes.

Animal hoarding is a very real thing. Cages everywhere, no real barn just a pole barn and what looks like patchwork pens and habitats set up as they decided to get a new animal for their ‘farm’. 

Also I question their obsession and lack of boundaries with Brandon’s sexual health, Julia’s reproductive health, and breeding (animals) when they have no business doing so. There is more going on here with the parents. 

  • Love 17
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Rebecca: That studio apartment is actually pretty sweet.  Looked like a staging space for Ikea furniture or something.  Hint to Rebecca- pick up an Ikea catalog for inspo. You can make it look pretty nice there.

And if they got their furnishings from Ikea, Zied would DEFINITELY have something to keep himself busy until he's able to work.  LOL.  I sometimes joke that Ikea is a Swedish word for "comes flat in box with instructions."

3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Why can't Brandon's parents try to accommodate Julia? She's not an early riser, she makes no apology for that and why should she? 

Before arriving in the USA, she worked as a "go-go dancer."  That is NOT a job that starts at 5:00 AM.  I'd love to see Brandon's parents stay with Julia in her home country and have her DEMAND that they come to work with her.  "No, you can't be in bed at 10:00 at night.  My solo act doesn't start until 1:30 AM.  You have to be here and applaud for me, since getting applause (and tips) is a big part of my job and I need you to help."

 

  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Chellichik said:

 

How long is she considered a "guest"?  A week?  If they are still living there in 6 months, is she still a guest who is not expected to lift a finger to help out in any way whatsoever?  Bottom line is they are living in his parents' house.  If they want to live according to their own rules, GET YOUR OWN HOME.

If Julia was there visiting for a few weeks, I would agree with you 100%.  However, she is not there is a guest visitor.  She is there as part of the family and that means participating as a family member.  I think they should have given her at least a week or so to get acclimated to how they live and then start slowly pitching in here or there.

I don't dislike Julia.  I just think there are two sides to this and she could help to make the situation easier for everyone.

Exactly.

I can't get mad at the parents mainly because I think most of it is producer antics.  But living rent free at that house?  They ought to be doing something.  If Julia is upset at her living arrangements and being on the farm, maybe do more research on who you're going to be living with before you make the trip.  But of course, this wouldn't help the storyline.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

10 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I can't get mad at the parents mainly because I think most of it is producer antics.  But living rent free at that house?  They ought to be doing something. 

If you were my guest in my home, you don't need to "pay rent."  I think this is where we differ.  My guests don't need to do anything.   

  • Love 6
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, albarino said:

If you were my guest in my home, you don't need to "pay rent."  I think this is where we differ.  My guests don't need to do anything.   

Guests stay for a few days, a week then leave.  Her son is not a guest.  Neither is his fiance now.  They are living there indefinitely.  If son expects not to have to help them, while living their rent free, then he should move out with his fiance.  

But then there would't be this Green Acres story line.

 

  

 

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 1
Link to comment
40 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Before arriving in the USA, she worked as a "go-go dancer."  That is NOT a job that starts at 5:00 AM. 

It ends at 5am!

Per Tarik and Hazel - she needs some of his HOR SAUCE to perk herself up!!!  I found that awful song on youtube..  I lasted about 15 seconds.  It was THAT bad.  

3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And further according to him, Julia is "hard to please"

Okay, I am going to out on a limb and say our boy Brandon is over the top with this one.  Julia perhaps did not like a meal or a drink ONCE and wham she is labeled hard to please.  Funny, because she seems to roll with the punches on the farm on the daily!!!  Me, again, would have been booking the first flight outta there with no hint of where I was going and blocking him on my phone and email.  

  • Love 8
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

.  If her son expects not to have to help them, while living their rent free, then he should move out with his fiance.

Once again, I find myself on the outs.  

What is their agreement regarding their living arrangements?  We don't know. Without that, we're spitting in the wind.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, albarino said:

Once again, I find myself on the outs.  

What is their agreement regarding their living arrangements?  We don't know. Without that, we're spitting in the wind.

Well, based on the show alone we know:

  • Brandon is an adult with a full time job living at their home.
  • Brandon's fiance does not have a full time job and is now living at their home.
  • Brandon's parents are upset that they apparently do not much of anything except complain they aren't allowed to be in the same room so they can fuck.
  • When they do fuck in hot tubs, they don't clean up after themselves.  Apparently he never cleans up after himself when he uses his parent's hot tub.

You know what will help them get out of this terrible living situation?

  • Move out.

If he's got a full time job, he can afford his own place.  If he can't afford his own place, his option is:

  • Brandon helps out on the farm.
  • Julia helps out on the farm.
  • Brandon gets a part-time job so he can afford his own place.

It's pretty simple.  They stopped being guests when they have no other place to live with no plans to move out.  If they don't want to be told what to do, they get another place.  Being a parent doesn't mean your adult children move the fiance in they can't afford and you have to wait on an able bodied adults.

 

 

 

  • Love 7
Link to comment
52 minutes ago, albarino said:

Once again, I find myself on the outs.  

What is their agreement regarding their living arrangements?  We don't know. Without that, we're spitting in the wind.

Julia does help out, she said she did and I'm inclined to believe her. She's not helping enough, apparently. Papa Brandon is spitting with fury that she's living in the house, and eating food. 

This whole storyline is a retread of "Scantily Clad Pao Practically Flashes her Tits at her Nonplussed Mother In Law" and "the Naive Mormon boy Meets a Ukrainian Go Go Dancer in Prague Who Won't Get Up Early for Bible Study".  Or even Danny and Amy, or "Naive Christian Boy Meets (GASP) Woman of Color on Mission Trip and Throws HIs Racist Family Into a Tizzy". Danny's family was also unburdened by boundaries and were constantly referencing Danny and Amy's sex life. It just looks like Julia isn't playing ball with the producer antics. The more I see her, the more I like her. I still think she needs to flee these fools. Brandon doesn't love her. He loves his mommy best. 

  • Love 9
Link to comment

2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Julia does help out, she said she did and I'm inclined to believe her. She's not helping enough, apparently. Papa Brandon is spitting with fury that she's living in the house, and eating food. 

This whole storyline is a retread of "Scantily Clad Pao Practically Flashes her Tits at her Nonplussed Mother In Law" and "the Naive Mormon boy Meets a Ukrainian I Go Dancer in Prague Who Won't Get Up Early for Bible Study".  Or even Danny and Amy, or "Naive Christian Boy Meets (GASP) Woman of Color on Mission Trip and Throws HIs Racist Family Into a Tizzy". Danny's family was also unburdened by boundaries and were constantly referencing Danny and Amy's sex life. It just looks like Julia isn't playing ball with the producer antics. The more I see her, the more I like her. I still think she needs to flee these fools. Brandon doesn't love her. He loves his mommy best. 

I definitely think this is the Green Acres storyline they're all.

I wish I could say that Natalie is a producer-driven act, but I fully buy that she's purposefully taking out the fact her life didn't turn out like she planned on her "low-IQ, fat, drunk" backup plan.

  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Exactly.

I can't get mad at the parents mainly because I think most of it is producer antics.  But living rent free at that house?  They ought to be doing something.  If Julia is upset at her living arrangements and being on the farm, maybe do more research on who you're going to be living with before you make the trip.  But of course, this wouldn't help the storyline.

Julia is cooperating, although not to their exact specifications. She is shown feeding animals, slopping around the farm. I think no matter how she does it, it won't be good enough for Ma and Pa.

  • Love 6
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Big Mike: We ❤ him. I'm sure he'll lose a LOT of weight...running away from "high class," crazy Natalie. 

Speak for yourself!  I don't like Natalie but I don't like Mike either.  YES for sure Natalie is nuts and most certainly should NOT have called Mike low class or question his I.Q. however he is cold, aloof, unwilling to try new things, the guy just comes across as a jackass.  Would it kill you to at least TRY a veggie burger or simply not drink alcohol in front of her?  He knows she is a healthy eater but suggested french toast as breakfast??  It almost seems like he's rubbing it in her face with his behavior.

  • Love 6
Link to comment
On 1/18/2021 at 11:34 AM, Silver Bells said:

“LOW CLASS DRUNK MAN”.  Put that Whackadoodle High Class bitch on the plane ASAP back to the Ukraine.

Better yet, come to think of it, put her ass in some kind of job that doesn’t require a green card.  Like cleaning houses or mopping floors, for eight hours a day.  Or is she too high class for that?  Then, let her come home and make a low fat meal, then clean up.  I don’t feel sorry for her.  She knew his personality before she came here.  She was nasty in Ukraine when she threw the ring at him.  She’s a spoiled brat who wants to push him around and have everything her way.  If she wants hi class, she should go back and find a guy who will take her shit.  Mike is who he is and doesn’t need a woman who knocks him down.  He works and travels five hours a day.  If he wants a beer when he comes home, that’s his business.  Her first husband must have dumped her.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 9
Link to comment

20 hours ago, albarino said:

I respectfully beg to differ.  A guest is a guest.  In my opinion, Brandon's parents should have the discussion about helping around the farmstead with Brandon, not Julia.  She is a guest and has demonstrated good-sportsmanship in my opinion.  I respect your strong opinion on this.  

I have a home, I have a kid who lived with us for almost a year post-doc (thanks COVID) and have had some of her friends stay with us for a bit.  I WOULD NEVER give them chores.  NEVER.  As in, NEVER.  As in, shrivel up and die, never.  Can't stand it?  Get a cleaning service; problem solved.

Rather, if I had a young woman engaged to my son staying at my home, I would really engage her in teaching me about her culture.  What do you celebrate?  What do you eat?  Can we shop together for that and make it at home together?  If I'm cleaning, I would think she may want to model my behavior.  That is it.

I shudder at the 

 

Link to comment

@Albarino .. I’m so sorry for messing up your post.  The mailman rang my bell while I was writing my post, and messed up yours.  I hope you can fix it?  Meanwhile, I can’t find mine as it disappeared.  Btw, I loved your post and agree with you.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Speak for yourself!  I don't like Natalie but I don't like Mike either.  YES for sure Natalie is nuts and most certainly should NOT have called Mike low class or question his I.Q. however he is cold, aloof, unwilling to try new things, the guy just comes across as a jackass.  Would it kill you to at least TRY a veggie burger or simply not drink alcohol in front of her?  He knows she is a healthy eater but suggested french toast as breakfast??  It almost seems like he's rubbing it in her face with his behavior.

Yeah I don't like him much.  He's fine as a beer buddy but anyone married to that guy can expect a lifetime of schlubby boredom.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

@Dirtybubble, I am extremely health food oriented but personally, I don’t equate vegetarian to being healthier all the time or for each person.  I have many friends in the agricultural/livestock biz and it is an unspoken rule that they will order the filet (if they are female) and and they will order the rib eye (if they are male).  Every single time.  I myself go for salmon, which I hate, because I know it’s good for me, and I don’t really drink so I get an ice tea while they are having a Jack and coke. Who is having a better time? Probably them.  I have never forced myself to eat a veggie burger and I would never ask a big guy like Mike to eat one except maybe to taste it and watch him make a gagging face.  For him, some of this is cultural.  For her, maybe it was cheaper for her mother to serve her veggies than real meat.  I just used a calculator to figure out how many calories a 6’7” guy, 35yo, 225 lbs, lightly active, would need to maintain.  2683calories.  For a 5’6” woman, 35yo, 120 lbs, lightly active, 1699 calories.  1,000 calories difference.  He can have some bread with those steamed veggies!

  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Colfrmb said:

@Dirtybubble, I am extremely health food oriented but personally, I don’t equate vegetarian to being healthier all the time or for each person.  I have many friends in the agricultural/livestock biz and it is an unspoken rule that they will order the filet (if they are female) and and they will order the rib eye (if they are male).  Every single time.  I myself go for salmon, which I hate, because I know it’s good for me, and I don’t really drink so I get an ice tea while they are having a Jack and coke. Who is having a better time? Probably them.  I have never forced myself to eat a veggie burger and I would never ask a big guy like Mike to eat one except maybe to taste it and watch him make a gagging face.  For him, some of this is cultural.  For her, maybe it was cheaper for her mother to serve her veggies than real meat.  I just used a calculator to figure out how many calories a 6’7” guy, 35yo, 225 lbs, lightly active, would need to maintain.  2683calories.  For a 5’6” woman, 35yo, 120 lbs, lightly active, 1699 calories.  1,000 calories difference.  He can have some bread with those steamed veggies!

I get the feeling that Natalie just wants to be in control.  If Mike became a vegetarian, stopped drinking and gave up bread . . . she would STILL complain.  His closet stinks.  His work keeps him away from home too long.  He gives her purple roses!!!

It will never end.

Edited by AZChristian
Added purple roses.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
Link to comment

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I get the feeling that Natalie just wants to be in control.  If Mike became a vegetarian, stopped drinking and gave up bread . . . she would STILL complain.  His closet stinks.  His work keeps him away from home too long.  

It will never end.

Completely agree.  I know of A LOT of women who are like this:  "No, you are going to squeeze the toothpaste THIS WAY DAMNIT!"  like who the hell cares.

He gets a job closer to home or working remotely?  (Careful what you wish for, Natalie, Mike could be home 24/7!)

I think these two started out harmless enough - we are the godparents, we are both single, maybe we can hit it off?  Well ya didn't so time to part, yes?  No?  Gonna drive it into the ground and try to make something work?  Okay then!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
days have 24 hours in them, not 27. I should know this.
  • Love 4
Link to comment

Poor Zied. He makes a huge move, leaves his family and his culture, and even if he wasn't deluded about everyone in America being rich, he at least expected a bed and a chair. I can't blame him for immediately planning to go back home. 

Unless it's all producer driven, there is absolutely no excuse for Rebecca to bring him home to an empty apartment. That had to be devastating to Zied. She couldn't even take out the stolen shopping cart? That is no way to welcome any guest, much less the "baby" you're supposed to be so in love with. 

I also think Zied is growing more attuned to how much older Rebecca is. And she has to stop with that broken English when speaking to him. It's so demeaning.

  • Love 14
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

 If he wants a beer when he comes home, that’s his business.

I wonder if his refusal to kiss her was because he had already stopped off for a drink on the way home 

  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
22 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Speak for yourself!  I don't like Natalie but I don't like Mike either.  YES for sure Natalie is nuts and most certainly should NOT have called Mike low class or question his I.Q. however he is cold, aloof, unwilling to try new things, the guy just comes across as a jackass.  Would it kill you to at least TRY a veggie burger or simply not drink alcohol in front of her?  He knows she is a healthy eater but suggested french toast as breakfast??  It almost seems like he's rubbing it in her face with his behavior.

I think Mike has made some mistakes, such as not preparing for her arrival and stocking the fridge with healthy choices.  But, I don't fault him for trying to introduce her to a favorite breakfast of his- can it be any worse than the croissant she offers him on another episode?  Since she is bored and has the whole day to herself, she should have prepared a nice healthy meal for him instead of waiting for him to get home and then fighting about food and cooking practices.  He may end up enjoying the taste of her healthy meals and appreciate her efforts.  She could feel productive and happy that Mike was eating her style of food.  But, I guess, that wouldn't bring the drama and this is, after all, a "reality show."

  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
Link to comment
33 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I think Mike has made some mistakes, such as not preparing for her arrival and stocking the fridge with healthy choices.  But, I don't fault him for trying to introduce her to a favorite breakfast of his- can it be any worse than the croissant she offers him on another episode?  Since she is bored and has the whole day to herself, she should have prepared a nice healthy meal for him instead of waiting for him to get home and then fighting about food and cooking practices.  He may end up enjoying the taste of her healthy meals and appreciate her efforts.  She could feel productive and happy that Mike was eating her style of food.  But, I guess, that wouldn't bring the drama and this is, after all, a "reality show."

All true!  She may have good intentions but the way she goes about it is all wrong.  And then she belittles him when he doesn't do what she wants.  A kinder, gentler approach to healthy living is what's called for especially for someone like Mike who perhaps hasn't been exposed to a lot of different lifestyles.  Catch more flies with honey! 

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...