Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Gina's going on my list of best technical dancers ever. She's superb and the best dancer on the squad right now. I don't mind her expressions annoying at all, she's just feeling the music all the time!

I don't mind Gina's expressions on this type of thing.  It is on the DCC style.  She holds that wide-mouth smile that looks like the Joker because she loses her lips.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Ashley Hancock never made the team right? Just training camp? If so I wonder whose DCC boots she borrowed. Its on Tess and Savanah's instagram. Looks like they are all wearing some sort of cowboy boots. Or I wonder if she bought them. They seem to always be sold out if trying to buy them via DCC shop. Or I wonder if she got to keep the boots from training camp.

Edited by Uk-Eve
16 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Or I wonder if she got to keep the boots from training camp.

If she had made it that far, she would have received a pair of "trash boots", a used pair from a former DCC.  She probably bought them.  

• Useful 4
32 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Rachel A just put her retirement announcement on Instagram.

It's pretty cool to see how many past and current DCC have shared their well wishes on her retirement post. Enjoy the next part of your journey, Rachel A!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Gina's going on my list of best technical dancers ever. She's superb and the best dancer on the squad right now. I don't mind her expressions annoying at all, she's just feeling the music all the time!

I think the videography/special effects takes away from the dance. I wish they wouldn't try to get so techie.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Rachel A just put her retirement announcement on Instagram.

It seems like they are releasing a retiring annoucement in a pattern -  every 3 days. So this Monday may be the next one....  (Savannah, Tess, Sydney, Briana)??

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

It seems like they are releasing a retiring annoucement in a pattern -  every 3 days. So this Monday may be the next one....  (Savannah, Tess, Sydney, Briana)??

Ooooh what if they are going alphabetically for official social media announcements (Rach A.'s prior to this was just an instagram story on banquet night)

Alphabetically it is:
Alanna, Cici, Maddie, Rachel, that leaves Savannah, Sydney, Tess. So maybe Briana is not retiring after all?

Names alphabetically after Rachel A. not already mentioned are Rachel W., Taylor, and Victoria. I have always wondered about a Rachel W. retirement.

15 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Ooooh what if they are going alphabetically for official social media announcements (Rach A.'s prior to this was just an instagram story on banquet night)

Alphabetically it is:
Alanna, Cici, Maddie, Rachel, that leaves Savannah, Sydney, Tess. So maybe Briana is not retiring after all?

Names alphabetically after Rachel A. not already mentioned are Rachel W., Taylor, and Victoria. I have always wondered about a Rachel W. retirement.

They aren’t going in any perticular order It’s just when the girls want to officially announce 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Let’s keep this on topic, please, shall we? This isn’t a topic/forum about other platforms and it’s not about cheerleaders’ boyfriends either. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I am impatient AF!!! I need to know who else is retiring NOOOOOWWWWW!!!! lol

There was a list announced of who is retiring, or are you just waiting for the girls to post themselves?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, dccstan said:

would love to know what y'all feel about this 

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 7.09.23 PM.png

Who is this?  I can’t tell with the mask off?  Is it someone that is retiring or on the chopping block?

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Who is this?  I can’t tell with the mask off?  Is it someone that is retiring or on the chopping block?

This is McKenzie, a Rookie from last year.

Edited by dccstan
(edited)

Found some DCC footage I don't think has been posted on here. Enjoy! The last 3 are different videos with Caroline, Lexie, and Rachel W. as point.

Edited by dccstan
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, dccstan said:

would love to know what y'all feel about this 

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 7.09.23 PM.png

My .02 cents? McKenzie is gorgeous with a rockin’ bod in many pics/vids I’ve seen. I think anyone can have an unflattering body shot here and there, I’d have to see it regularly to have any concern over it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, dccstan said:

Found some DCC footage I don't think has been posted on here. Enjoy! The last 3 are different videos with Caroline, Lexie, and Rachel W. as point.

Interesting... My eyes were on Tess the whole time. She was never my favorite but she sure is my favorite in this video!! Her eyes and hair is gorgeous!!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, RileyJDR said:

My .02 cents? McKenzie is gorgeous with a rockin’ bod in many pics/vids I’ve seen. I think anyone can have an unflattering body shot here and there, I’d have to see it regularly to have any concern over it. 

Her torso is twisted & there is barely a crease in her back, and no muffin top over the shorts. I think she was caught doing a big exhale.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

Any guess why Sydney is retiring after only one season? Is her boyfriend changing teams? Or is she no longer with him? 

If I recall correctly, boyfriend was a generous interpretation of their situation. I believe he recently had a second child with the mother of his first child and those two are together. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Wow. I hope she doesn’t get cut for her weight. I like McKenzie! 

How does she compare to VK?  Has there ever been a ROTY or VOTY that has been cut?

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Any guess why Sydney is retiring after only one season? Is her boyfriend changing teams? Or is she no longer with him? 

Im not certain she could make the cut if she reauditioned.  She just doesn't look DCC ready.  I don't mean that to be an insult but clearly candidates have been not invited in or have been cut for not being ultra thin.   I think last year maybe TPTB were trying to make a statement that looking perfect in the uniform wasn't that important after all.  But it really is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Im not certain she could make the cut if she reauditioned.  She just doesn't look DCC ready.  I don't mean that to be an insult but clearly candidates have been not invited in or have been cut for not being ultra thin.   I think last year maybe TPTB were trying to make a statement that looking perfect in the uniform wasn't that important after all.  But it really is.

Sydney is gorgeous, in fact, I think she won or came close to winning the poll on here for the most beautiful current DCC. The not DCC ready is just subjective, I don't think she should change her body at all. I think if she were to be cut it would be for other reasons not really discussed on MTT. She cheered 4 years already with the Falcons, so she just finished her 5th year as an NFL cheerleader- maybe it's just time.

• Love 16
59 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Sydney is gorgeous, in fact, I think she won or came close to winning the poll on here for the most beautiful current DCC. The not DCC ready is just subjective, I don't think she should change her body at all. I think if she were to be cut it would be for other reasons not really discussed on MTT. She cheered 4 years already with the Falcons, so she just finished her 5th year as an NFL cheerleader- maybe it's just time.

I agree with you.  I don’t think she should change her body either.  Just remembering how unforgiving DCC has been in the past.  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, RileyJDR said:

Exactly. I can literally go from pretty slim to looking like I am 5 months pregnant just by changing my posture (hollow back, pushed out belly and slumped shoulders).  It’s a trick that is frequently used in fitness commercials “to show a quick progress”.  
And I am quite sure that even the tiniest DCC can look unflatteringly ‘fat’ if they take a picture of her sitting on the floor leaning forward with slumped shoulders. So it’s all in the moment.

• Love 8

I've just watched the extended highlights of season 15 and I really think they tried to pick out the very worst clips of Brennan, Hannah and Lily. You could see mistakes across the board from rookies and vets yet they picked those three out.

Based on the clips I saw, Savannah, Maddie, Madeline, Kat, Ashlee and Kristin made visible mistakes.

I'd have kept 4 of the 5 cut on the last day (Brennan, Hannah, Ashlinn and Tori) and got rid of Kat, Kristin and Sydney, possibly even Madeline and Savannah. 

I really want to like Kat but I just find her too annoying, Kristin just doesn't wow me and Sydney just looked out of stamina at several points. Madeline and Savannah might be good teammates but they're two of the worst dancers on the team (not bad but not great) and I saw them make lots of mistakes in the clips, mostly on the field.

The only thing going against Tori was her kicks. How Ashlinn didn't get a spot, I'll never know. 

I actually really like Alora-Rose; she's got a similar style to Meredith but is better in pom style. I think she's pretty coachable. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I've just watched the extended highlights of season 15 and I really think they tried to pick out the very worst clips of Brennan, Hannah and Lily. You could see mistakes across the board from rookies and vets yet they picked those three out.

Based on the clips I saw, Savannah, Maddie, Madeline, Kat, Ashlee and Kristin made visible mistakes.

I'd have kept 4 of the 5 cut on the last day (Brennan, Hannah, Ashlinn and Tori) and got rid of Kat, Kristin and Sydney, possibly even Madeline and Savannah. 

I really want to like Kat but I just find her too annoying, Kristin just doesn't wow me and Sydney just looked out of stamina at several points. Madeline and Savannah might be good teammates but they're two of the worst dancers on the team (not bad but not great) and I saw them make lots of mistakes in the clips, mostly on the field.

The only thing going against Tori was her kicks. How Ashlinn didn't get a spot, I'll never know. 

I actually really like Alora-Rose; she's got a similar style to Meredith but is better in pom style. I think she's pretty coachable. 

Mind boggling that they cut all those veterans and rookies, yet kept Taylor with her one day audition which didn't even air in a regular MTT episode. It was posted on social media as extra footage, and it was pretty blah. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MeeMee2 said:

Yep! Ashlinn looks great! I'm really rooting for her. Hope she makes it back into TC.  This is the first time I've seen a vid of Alora-Rose at one of the prep classes.  She really got out danced 😬

LOL yeah Alora Rose is someone I'm still unsure about. Kelli loved her hairography but in this video she dances for a full 7 seconds with all the hair completely covering her face. I also think she tries to look bold but comes off as a little unstable/messier. Talented for sure but there's just something not clicking for me. Currently trying to figure out if that lens is real or if it was colored by the show who painted her as a struggler. 

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/11/2021 at 10:30 PM, dccfan204 said:

My guess is Lexie since she was group 3 leader while Gina was group 4.

As co-point, Rachel has group leader in the bag. My guess for the other one would be Ashlee since she was 2GL for group 1. But Caroline reallyyy should be a group leader ugh

My opinion for group leaders:

Group 1: Gina

Group 2: Lexie

Group 3: Ashlee

Group 4: Rachel 

Potential Second Leaders: (no group delineation) 

Caroline

Amber

Kelcey/Amanda 

Daphne/Erin 

11 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Yep! Ashlinn looks great! I'm really rooting for her. Hope she makes it back into TC.  This is the first time I've seen a vid of Alora-Rose at one of the prep classes.  She really got out danced 😬

I really like Ashlinn as well🤗 Alora ... meh. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Kelli loved her hairography but in this video she dances for a full 7 seconds with all the hair completely covering her face.

And Kelli really hates that. I remember Patriots Alexandra being called into the office because her dancing with her hair in her face wasn't "cute" (or whatever).

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

LOL yeah Alora Rose is someone I'm still unsure about. Kelli loved her hairography but in this video she dances for a full 7 seconds with all the hair completely covering her face. I also think she tries to look bold but comes off as a little unstable/messier. Talented for sure but there's just something not clicking for me. Currently trying to figure out if that lens is real or if it was colored by the show who painted her as a struggler. 

Alora-Rose was pegged as a struggler by Kelli the moment her pom- pom broke in half. I go back and forth on her too because while she's obviously pretty and talented, she doesn't have that sparkle or DCC "IT" factor.  In this latest video, I was more interested in watching the two non- DCCs dancing along side Alora-Rose than her. However, there is something about Alora-Rose that makes me WANT to like her.  

• Love 5