Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: In Hot Water

• Start Topic

After blowing up at Sharrieff’s birthday party, all of Jen’s relationships are on the rocks. Lisa takes some time away from the drama to focus on work, and now that Heather’s Beauty Lab and Laser business is thriving, she wants to carry that success into her personal life. With Meredith and Seth in a better place, it’s finally time to share some good news. And later, things get heated when Whitney and Heather try to make amends with Jen who’s still fuming about Whitney’s poor timing.

Airdate: 01.13.2021

What?  Lisa takes time away from the drama to FOCUS ON WORK?  Unheard of.

• LOL 5

I like Lisa and Meredith’s friendship, at least they aren’t tearing each other apart. I don’t understand what Heather and Whitney are getting out of their friendship with Jen aside from bullshit. I would have drowned her in that bathtub. 
Best thing about this episode: no Brookes. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
46 minutes ago, GrammyPammy said:

Sharieff “not talking” to Jen is immature and unsupportive. And not productive at all.

I would generally agree. But after watching how out of control her reactions and anger is, it may have been one time too many for him.

Jen, Whitney is the the problem in your marriage, she is not part of your marriage,

• Love 10

Whitney started that shit at Shah’s party all on her own; Heather delivering the message because Whitney lost her words was neither here nor there.  Whitney tried to start something, it backfired, and now she’s engaging in revisionist history.  Heather sounded crazy to me saying that she wanted things to pop off at Coach Shah’s party, so that Jen would ostensibly side with her and Whitney against Lisa and Meredith, in a war that I didn’t even know was occurring.  Didn’t all these women go snowmobiling happily together like two episodes ago?  When did the schism occur?  This feels so much like people trying to make a franchise happen that isn’t there.  Either that or I fell asleep during one of the episodes and missed something.  Both are highly likely.  

Let me get this straight—Whitney’s excuse for telling Jen bad things about Jen’s friends at Jen’s husband’s party was because Jen is calm around her husband?  Alrighty, what is her excuse for telling Meredith at the party that Jen was gossiping mad shit about Meredith at same party?

This whole “who’s afraid of Jen?” storyline is going absolutely nowhere.  This is the RH SLC version of RHOC’s “sad” and “depressing” about Gina’s home and RHBH and who was “glam” and for how long.  Who actually cares whether Lisa and Meredith said “afraid” with regard to Jen off camera??  Not me!

It wouldn’t be an episode without Heather’s poor me tour.  Glad we got that out of the way as to what a dutiful wife she was until the rug got pulled out from under her with her divorce Zzzzzz...shades of Sonja Morgan...

So Meredith’s storyline is that she and her husband are <drumroll> staying married?  I wonder if there was a single viewer who was like, “Today’s Wednesday, Salt Lake City is on—I can’t wait to see if there is going to be resolution between Meredith and Seth!”

This show clearly has no footage left to give.  They spent an eternity driving to the spa, showing up at the spa, looking around the spa...this is the chief reason I stopped watching RH Atlanta—I clocked the time they spent on FaceTime and driving to events, and when filler moments like these started to dominate the episodes, I stopped watching.  This one is not far behind.  Just...end your season when you run out of story.  Not a tough concept.  

Holy cats, Whitney, you are a perfectly pleasant looking woman, but your body is not—I repeat not—thong ready.  I can’t unsee that.  

I hate Heather as the mediator between Jen and Whitney.  They are both grown women—let them hash it out.  I don’t like two against one, even if it is freaking Jen, and, to add icing to the cake, Heather admitted Whitney was wrong when Jen was out of earshot!  These are just two cousins who do each other’s dirty work.  What is this, summer camp?  It’s not Whitney’s fault that Jen threw the glass, but she was out of line at the party, drunk and gross, and I don’t know why an apology wasn’t coming off her tongue forthwith.  

OMG, Heather is such a child, worrying that Jen is going to go with Meredith and Lisa!!!  I also wish she would stop referring to herself as a “girl.”  Heather is teetering on the precipice of being as damaged as Jen and Whitney.  I have to reluctantly side with the brunettes.  They are dull as dishwater, but they don’t carry on like assholes.  I can’t say the same for the other women.  The brunettes are so much more composed than the others, and I appreciate that.  The rest of them are so damaged that it’s not even entertaining.  

Alrighty Jen, as if your husband is going to break up with you on camera.  He is a public figure and the savviest person on this show by far.  He was going to say all the right words, put on a sympathetic face, and when the divorce papers come, he’ll be out of state “recruiting” and she’ll be served with process while she is skiing down the side of a mountain.  He is not brand new.  

That was rough to get through.  Not one redeeming moment.  If week 12 is not the finale, I can’t promise I’m hanging in for more.  I simply don’t care.  Next week looks very dull too.  Only these heifers can make freaking Vegas dull.  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Lisa is not Jen
  • Love 19

Heather...you should thank the heavens if you lose Jen's friendship.  Jen has a lot of misplaced anger...and she isn't enjoyable to watch.

Whitney's timing with the tea (i.e. spilling tea at Sharif's party) was so off even Mary was giving you side eye.  

• Love 19

Whitney maybe shouldn’t have brought up the stuff at the bday party but no one made Jen go completely psycho like that. She’s a nutcase. Your husband is embarrassed of your behaviour bitch lol.

Also calm down Jen you threw a bday party at some arcade/golf place catered with basic food and dips lol. It didn’t take months and months of planning lol.

Heather and Whitney bowing down to Jen is gross.

Lisa’s Yurt dinner. Boring boring boring. Do not care.

I feel like Coach Shah isn’t that embarrassed tho if he just lets his private convos with his wife be filmed lol.

I FF most of Meredith and Seths scenes. Just so much ugh for them. At least no Brooks sightings!

Edited by Marley
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Holy cats, Whitney, you are a perfectly pleasant looking woman, but your body is not—I repeat not—thong ready.  I can’t unsee that.  

I thought she looked fine. Mr. Witter thought so too when he glanced up at the tv and I had to remind him that she is crazy in a bad way (see: going to Sturgis during a pandemic, hanging out with that QAnon/insurrectionist Sara girl, having her lifestyle funded by MLM endeavors, and, if the show is to be believed, being “friends” with Lala/Lauren from Utah). He, somewhat ashamed, said “yeah, but she’s still kinda hot except the makeup.”

I find her clumsy attempts at shit stirring aren’t quite up to HW standards though.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I would generally agree. But after watching how out of control her reactions and anger is, it may have been one time too many for him.

Jen, Whitney is the the problem in your marriage, she is not part of your marriage,

And when the guy did show up, Jen blamed her drinking and lashing out on him - same way she blamed Whitney and everyone else. Wonder what her kids think of Jen’s behavior - likely they’ve seen it all from this delusional narcissist.

• Love 6

Yeah, the nothingness yurt dinner was also a worse sin than anything Whitney's done.

I don't necessarily mind these characters as people, but a few too many of them just aren't as engaging - yet.  The brunettes are dull as shit.  Whitney, Jen, and Mary have entertainment value, even if 2/3rds of it is the entertainment value of watching a car crash.  I seem to be forgetting the 6th, which can't really be a good sign.   EDIT: Oh yeah, the third bathtub person.  She's pretty forgettable.  Not sure if that's better or worse than dull.  I guess I can at least remember dull, so.

But, I mean, things take time to get footing.  Seems a bit of an oversell to dismiss something so fast.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 4

I will say so far in the season...the most refreshing reaction to Jen's outbursts had been Meredith.  She casually said she was disengaging from the conversation and left the table.  So unhousewife like..but refreshing.

Maybe it's everything going on in the USA...but I'd rather watch Heather being awkward on dates, Lisa being type A, Mary's kookiness, and Meredith sleepwalking (I suspect she's tuning out Brooks)...than yelling and tantrums.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Nice of Seth to wear his best hoodie out to dinner with the Barlows. 

Come on, I saw no masking tape with his son’s name on it so it can’t possibly be his best hoodie!

Also, I purposefully chose a picture of the hoodie where the head is not visible (can you even believe he allowed such a picture to be used on the internet?). I know this week was a welcome break for many of us not seeing his face so didn’t want to completely ruin it!

7021BD46-3BBA-4365-AB47-26705F29AD3F.jpeg

• LOL 18
26 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I will say so far in the season...the most refreshing reaction to Jen's outbursts had been Meredith.  She casually said she was disengaging from the conversation and left the table.  So unhousewife like..but refreshing.

LOL- Meredith definitely has developed a strategy when dealing with Jen.  

Mary is having the last laugh.  She managed to initiate a blow up at Jen's party without even being there!

I was laughing at Meredith's description of the Boss Babes' Yurt luncheon as "elegant."  It was unique and rustic, but a yurt, Caesar salad and a boatload of products to promote does not seem très élégant.

• Love 6

To an extent I think that Whitney was set up to go to Jen and spill the beans about people being afraid of her. She did chose the wrong time and place to discuss it, but the people that were fearful should have been the ones approaching Jen. 

I did have to agree with Jen that driving (3.5 hours) to that spa only to find out it looked janky was a disappointment. Was there no spa in SLC that would have allowed them to film? Jen definitely has anger issues. Splashing water at the camera and crew was uncalled for. She states something along the lines of: “ That’s what you get for pointing the camera at me and filming”. Ah yes Jen. That is their job and you signed up for it. Childish tantrum. I wonder how long it took the show runner to soothe her into going back to finish filming the scene. 

Something has been annoying me about the way that Meredith (and to an extent Lisa) talks. It came to me. They have the same vocal fry as Drew Barrymore lol. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I did have to agree with Jen that driving (3.5 hours) to that spa only to find out it looked janky was a disappointment.

I'm going to side-eye and then try and track that transportation time.  I'm trying to find the location of the Spa and failing after my OVERWHELMING 45 seconds of internet search.  Can someone else maybe do a better job?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Lassus said:

I'm going to side-eye and then try and track that transportation time.  I'm trying to find the location of the Spa and failing after my OVERWHELMING 45 seconds of internet search.  Can someone else maybe do a better job?

The bath spas at Mystic Hot Springs. They had a photo. Same place. It’s in Monroe, Utah. The baths are fed by a natural hot spring. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

The bath spas at Mystic Hot Springs. They had a photo. Same place. It’s in Monroe, Utah. The baths are fed by a natural hot spring. 

Thank you!  Well, it's not 3.5 hours, but it's still farther than I would have thought, 2.5 hours.  Unless Jen lives north of the city a bit, I did a google maps from Salt Lake City in general.  

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Something has been annoying me about the way that Meredith (and to an extent Lisa) talks. It came to me. They have the same vocal fry as Drew Barrymore lol. 

And Meredith has the same lopsided smile as Drew, that's how I tell them apart in the talking heads.  That, and Lisa has more of a babydoll voice.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Whitney started that shit at Shah’s party all on her own; Heather delivering the message because Whitney lost her words was neither here nor there.  Whitney tried to start something, it backfired, and now she’s engaging in revisionist history.  Heather sounded crazy to me saying that she wanted things to pop off at Coach Shah’s party, so that Jen would ostensibly side with her and Whitney against Lisa and Meredith, in a war that I didn’t even know was occurring.  Didn’t all these women go snowmobiling happily together like two episodes ago?  When did the schism occur?  This feels so much like people trying to make a franchise happen that isn’t there.  Either that or I fell asleep during one of the episodes and missed something.  Both are highly likely.  

Let me get this straight—Whitney’s excuse for telling Jen bad things about Jen’s friends at Jen’s husband’s party was because Jen is calm around her husband?  Alrighty, what is her excuse for telling Meredith at the party that Jen was gossiping mad shit about Meredith at same party?

This whole “:who’s afraid of Jen?” storyline is going absolutely nowhere.  This is the RH SLC version of RHOC’s “sad” and “depressing” about Gina’s home and RHBH and who was “glam” and for how long.  Who actually cares whether Jen and Meredith said “afraid” with regard to Jen off camera??  Not me!

It wouldn’t be an episode without Heather’s poor me tour.  Glad we got that out of the way as to what a dutiful wife she was until the rug got pulled out from under her with her divorce Zzzzzz...shades of Sonja Morgan...

So Meredith’s storyline is that she and her husband are <drumroll> staying married?  I wonder if there was a single viewer who was like, “Today’s Wednesday, Salt Lake City is on—I can’t wait to see if there is going to be resolution between Meredith and Seth!”

This show clearly has no footage left to give.  They spent an eternity driving to the spa, showing up at the spa, looking around the spa...this is the chief reason I stopped watching RH Atlanta—I clocked the time they spent on FaceTime and driving to events, and when filler moments like these started to dominate the episodes, I stopped watching.  This one is not far behind.  Just...end your season when you run out of story.  Not a tough concept.  

I hate Heather as the mediator between Jen and Whitney.  They are both grown women—let them hash it out.  I don’t like two against one, even if it is freaking Jen, and, to add icing to the cake, Heather admitted Whitney was wrong when Jen was out of earshot!  These are just two cousins who do each other’s dirty work.  What is this, summer camp?  It’s not Whitney’s fault that Jen threw the glass, but she was out of line at the party, drunk and gross, and I don’t know why an apology wasn’t coming off her tongue forthwith.  

OMG, Heather is such a child, worrying that Jen is going to go with Meredith and Lisa!!!  I also wish she would stop referring to herself as a “girl.”  Heather is teetering on the precipice of being as damaged as Jen and Whitney.  I have to reluctantly side with the brunettes.  They are dull as dishwater, but they don’t carry on like assholes.  I can’t say the same for the other women.  The brunettes are so much more composed than the others, and I appreciate that.  The rest of them are so damaged that it’s not even entertaining.  

Alrighty Jen, as if your husband is going to break up with you on camera.  He is a public figure and the savviest person on this show by far.  He was going to say all the right words, put on a sympathetic face, and when the divorce papers come, he’ll be out of state “recruiting” and she’ll be served with process while she is skiing down the side of a mountain.  He is not brand new.  

That was rough to get through.  Not one redeeming moment.  If week 12 is not the finale, I can’t promise I’m hanging in for more.  I simply don’t care.  Next week looks very dull too.  Only these heifers can make freaking Vegas dull.  

Couldn't have said it better myself. This is one giant snore.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lassus said:
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I did have to agree with Jen that driving (3.5 hours) to that spa only to find out it looked janky was a disappointment.

https://www.messynessychic.com/2016/01/11/soaking-in-the-desert-bath-tubs-of-a-pioneers-hot-spring/. Lots of photos here,

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, lizajane said:

Let me get this straight—Whitney’s excuse for telling Jen bad things about Jen’s friends at Jen’s husband’s party was because Jen is calm around her husband Whitney is part of the Real Housewives franchise and they get paid to do exactly these sorts of things, as opposed to acting like normal, regular non-televisioned people?

Yes.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, GrammyPammy said:

Oh, Heather...take the alimony and run, Girl!

No kidding.  With the benefit of hindsight, I hope her business survived 2020.

This has bugged me every week but I always forget to post - why is Jen’s house labeled as “Jen’s Chalet.”  C’mon.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

No Brooks.  I was happy about that.  We didn't have to see Whitney's dad either.

Why does Jen call her husband Coach Shah?  It just came off as odd to refer to your husband that way.

Meredith and Lisa are as boring as their homes.  No pictures on the walls.  Just really blah rooms.

Lisa kept petting her hair in the yurt.  It was distracting.

It made me laugh when we saw all the camera people standing around the bathtubs at the spa.   Jen was also rather insulting to the woman running the spa. 

• Love 10

I still feel like a big piece of the story is missing about Jen’s dad’s funeral and her husband missing it.  Something just does not add up.  I see professional athletes and coaches missing things for funerals or paternity leave, especially baseball players who have games with a lot more frequency than football which has games once a week.  Why would Jen’s family schedule the funeral on a game day (or travel day) when they are WELL aware of their son in law’s schedule and obligations?  He would certainly be able to miss a practice or recruit visit for a family funeral.  Make it make sense!

• Love 21

Is Mary just going to shoot from her closet the rest of the season? That belt was fug.

Why does Jenn go off every episode? She is ridiculous. Of course she shows up to the spa with one of her assistants.

Speaking of the spa, it did look a little creepy at first sight but I would totally try those tubs. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I still feel like a big piece of the story is missing about Jen’s dad’s funeral and her husband missing it.  Something just does not add up.  I see professional athletes and coaches missing things for funerals or paternity leave, especially baseball players who have games with a lot more frequency than football which has games once a week.  Why would Jen’s family schedule the funeral on a game day (or travel day) when they are WELL aware of their son in law’s schedule and obligations?  He would certainly be able to miss a practice or recruit visit for a family funeral.  Make it make sense!

Yes, it does seem strange...maybe Jen's father did not like Coach and visa versa?  This is like Heather saying she said "no," once to her then husband and he walked out on the marriage...nothing is that cut and dry so there has to be more to both of their stories.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, it does seem strange...maybe Jen's father did not like Coach and visa versa?

Then she needs to admit this.  Because otherwise she is mad going on 2 years over something that cannot be changed!  And she uses it to excuse her behavior, which no.  Move on!

9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

This is like Heather saying she said "no," once to her then husband and he walked out on the marriage...nothing is that cut and dry so there has to be more to both of their stories.

Oh I need to know what is up with her (Heather’s) ex.  Dude does not look well.  And it’s OBVIOUS.

• Love 9
On 1/13/2021 at 10:09 PM, GrammyPammy said:

Is Heather in the National Guard?

Sharieff “not talking” to Jen is immature and unsupportive. And not productive at all.

Something tells me this is not his first rodeo with Cray Cray Jen, sometimes you just have to walk away for a bit and I think we are watching one of those times.  Jen needs meds.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Something tells me this is not his first rodeo with Cray Cray Jen, sometimes you just have to walk away for a bit and I think we are watching one of those times.  Jen needs meds.

I thought she was on meds?  She made that big scene about how it was looked down on but she decided she needed them.  And we have seen her assistant bring her the pills because god forbid you get your own pills out. The issue is that she still is drinking heavily.  So she is not using her meds responsibly....

• Love 8

Whitney is full to the brim of sh&^%$.  She can stop right now with the innocent doe-eyed stare and baby voice saying "Jen, I was just telling you as your friend" while her eyes show no emotion and she almost has a smirky look on her face (ok, it could be the botox overload).  She stirred up the whole thing at the (stupid) golf/hip hop party (these shows all have a theme: everything must have a theme- it's never just "I'm having a get together for my husband's birthday," but rather "let's dress up in costumes, see who can get drunkest, humiliate someone, and end it with a fight!")  Whitney was on her face drunk at that party, and after doing her obligatory stripper routine and piling on the "liquid courage," she incited a lot of crap amongst the women.  I mean, maybe bring up the comment that Mary said (ummm.... Jen hates Mary, so is there really any validity to the comment at all?  Oh right- Mary doesn't lie!) in private or something but good lord so much was made out of that.

• Love 7
Just now, KateHearts said:

She can stop right now with the innocent doe-eyed stare and baby voice

She is such a Urkel.  The whole “did I do that?” CANNOT stand her innocent me act.

2 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

stupid) golf/hip hop party (these shows all have a theme: everything must have a theme- it's never just "I'm having a get together for my husband's birthday,"

But but but it was the FIRST birthday party Jen has thrown for her husband in TWENTY FIVE YEARS!!!!

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, geauxaway said:
4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Why does Jenn go off every episode?

Alcohol + Meds.

I'd say it is primarily a case of "Lights, camera, action!"  She's probably studied the HW playbook and decided to go with scene stealing.  Sometimes that works but sometimes it doesn't (see Teresa vs. Siggy behavior on RHoNJ).  There has to be more of a story behind the outbursts beyond simply grabbing for attention and beating a dead horse issues.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I love water, enjoy baths, hot tubs, etc., but there is just something about those tubs they went to that gross me out. I went to the website and see that the water isn't actually dirty, and the tubs are drained and cleaned often, but I would not be able to relax in that thing. Couldn't they have made them a different texture than just old bathtubs? I'm so bothered by it, lol.

Edited by mothmonsterman
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5