Type keyword(s) to search

S33 Preview Talk & Speculation

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Figuring out when TAR33 will resume filming is tough to determine. While I hope things go below pandemic level, this is still a series that needs a healthy world. And even if TAR decided to keeps things contained in the U.S. (or North America), each state is handling things their own way.

Also . . . would the same teams come back? Would eliminated teams get a second chance? I'm thinking Elise and Bert are still having trouble managing the possible logistics, and it's been nine months since filming was suspended. This is still foreign territory.

I'm thinking we end up watching TAR33 in Summer 2021. Of course, if Survivor figures out a way to film without endangering everyone involved, we might not get TAR for a longer period of time.

6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Of course, if Survivor figures out a way to film without endangering everyone involved...

Survivor has a single, secluded venue to worry about. They can test everyone, and ensure that only green-lit contestants and staff enter their controlled arena. 

TAR... not so much.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Survivor has a single, secluded venue to worry about. They can test everyone, and ensure that only green-lit contestants and staff enter their controlled arena. 

TAR... not so much.

1000 times this. Its honestly delusional to think TAR has any chance to film soon. If Survivor is having this much trouble resuming filming in one secluded location, then I doubt they're even considering TAR at this point. It all depends on the vaccine rollout and effectiveness. My guess would be best case scenario it films in the usual November corridor of 2021, airing sometime in 2022. But I wouldn't be surprised if we don't film until 2022.

In te interview with Bertram, he didn't say they were waiting for a handful of safe countries to film in, he said they were waiting for containment. Given the months of logistical planning that goes into a season, it's not entirely feasible to just bank on a handful of safe countries, because things can change mightily between planning and filming in this environment. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Netfoot said:

TAR... not so much.

Agreed.  Survivor’s biggest challenge is getting everyone from Point A to Point B and back.  Unlike TAR, since they are in one location, it would be easier to quarantine everyone and do what they need to do to keep everyone safe.  They can probably get way more creative, too, with the filming side of it and how many people they bring on. Rumor has it that Survivor could start filming next spring, and may use a location that other international versions have been using to film.  However, I still think there’s a lot of big ‘if’s’ before they actually make it.  TAR has way more challenges than Survivor to being filming again.  I’d be really surprised if it didn’t start filming a new season until 2022 or at least not until next summer/fall.  

2 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

te interview with Bertram, he didn't say they were waiting for a handful of safe countries to film in, he said they were waiting for containment. Given the months of logistical planning that goes into a season, it's not entirely feasible to just bank on a handful of safe countries, because things can change mightily between planning and filming in this environment. 

Airplanes are the biggest variable going between "safe" countries.  Even if they stuck to spoon fed flights they can't control who is on the plane with them.

It's sad the last season was kind of a bust because we're not getting this for a while.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Netfoot said:

TAR... not so much.

Exactly this. One of recurring complaints about The Amazing Race over the last few years has been the fact that the racers have seemed to be too insulated from the places and cultures they're racing through. Even if there were a way for the show to film safely before the pandemic is over, I doubt anyone would like the end result.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Netfoot said:

I was thinking about how Survivor is favored by CBS, and how TAR would be put on the back burner -- or dumped altogether -- if Survivor became a regular thing once again.

On 12/27/2020 at 7:00 PM, kittykat said:

Airplanes are the biggest variable going between "safe" countries.  Even if they stuck to spoon fed flights they can't control who is on the plane with them.

It's sad the last season was kind of a bust because we're not getting this for a while.

I posted in the "how to fix TAR" thread, that TAR could be done without internal flights.  But even with trains, ferries & buses, until Covid is contained there is a risk on any public transport.  I agree, TAR can't be filmed until there is widespread containment.  I don't know how much time is actually needed between filming and airing, but I think if they really wanted to they could have a season ready to air within a few months of filming.  I think the best possible hope for filming is late 2021, but I think 2022 is much more likely, airing in fall 2022.

And, just a guess, but I think they'll start S33 from scratch.  They may use the same racers, or as many as possible, but start over completely. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, chaifan said:

I think they'll start S33 from scratch.  They may use the same racers, or as many as possible, but start over completely. 

To continue, they would have to recall all the not-eliminated-so-far racers. To introduce new racers, they would essentially have to be given a 'free ride' to leg #4, not having had to avoid elimination three times, like the returnees. This could be considered unfair.

Not to mention, the challenges and tasks that had been arranged and scheduled might not be available any more. So they will probably have to redesign the race completely.

But to scrap the three episodes they have "in the can" will be to throw out what ever value those episodes might have. Given that these episodes have been expensed and paid for, I'm sure they'd prefer not 6to throw them out. 

It is possible they will air the first three episodes, and then, acknowledging the effect of CV19, have a re-start for an abridged, 9-episode race, with as many of the original teams as possible, and introduce new teams to fill any blanks. But I don't think that is likely. 

I believe they will have to do a full restart from scratch. But I'm curious to see what structural changes they will incorporate, in an effort to get the Race running again with the least delay.

• Love 2

I agree with what most of you have said here. Quoting myself from a couple months ago in the media thread, since we now have this one for speculation:

it does not seem at all likely that there will be a "re-start" of the halted season that was filming when COVID emerged. Since they'd already completed three legs, it would not be fair for the non-eliminated teams who could not come back, and no way would they give new participants that kind of advantage (though I guess stranger things have happened). At this point, it would logistically make better sense to start all over with a new season, though I do wonder if CBS would make every effort to re-cast every team from before. IF by some miracle, they could bring back every team, then it might be possible to start the non-eliminated teams from where they left off, or they would start the whole race over and if the first three boot order ends up being different, that's a chance the racers will take, but almost assuredly a revised route and many different tasks would have to be planned out long before the racers could begin. In any case, as the health experts have noted, the vaccine may not be widely available to the public until mid-2021, so I honestly don't expect any filming to begin until late 2021 or even 2022. Just my speculation.

And at this point, I'd be very surprised if they are able to film even by late 2021. Frankly, I want them to wait for as long as needed to be absolutely certain everything is safe, and maybe a long break is just what the show needs to look at fixing some things that fans have been complaining about. BUT, that interview with Bert and Elise that was posted a couple weeks ago said they wanted to "finish" season 33, which leads me to believe that the are somehow going to try to finish what they started. I just think if they do, it will be a logistical nightmare, lol.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

And at this point, I'd be very surprised if they are able to film even by late 2021.

I tend to agree, but so much has happened in  2020, who knows what can be accomplished in the early months of 2021? Perhaps  they can pull a rabbit out of a hat late in '21 and finish the season. Not likely, but not impossible. In any case I'm sure they won't do anything dangerously precipitate.

I just hope they don't start production again, and have to stop because somewhere along the route they encounter a fast-occurring medical situation. Like a sudden, unexpected lockdown! Or a new regulation about how many can ride in a taxi at one time. Or something unexpected, sudden and race-critical. A second halt to the season would probably be a death-knell. 

I have no doubt that the intention will be to finish season 33 with the same cast. Let's say there's 8 teams left. If all of them are able to come back, great! If only 7 are able to come back, then they add another non-elim or maybe shorten the race to 10 or 11 legs. Ditto if only 6 come back. But if several teams are unable to return, then that probably means theyll be forced to scrap what they have and start from scratch.

Thinking about it, maybe Phil Keoghan found a great backup plan with Tough As Nails. It's set in one area, it would be easy to quarantine cast and crew, and CBS does like the "American Working Person" angle. I try to think positive thoughts about TAR, but a race around the world is extremely problematic. A while back, I had put out the idea of a "domestic" TAR, a season set in the U.S. in order to keep costs down. That's also feels unlikely, given how the pandemic has been handled differently from state to state. It would be possible to keep things on the road and fly teams by chartered airplanes, but I don't think that would be effective.

8 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

A while back, I had put out the idea of a "domestic" TAR, a season set in the U.S. in order to keep costs down.

The USA-centric Season 8 has been widely condemned but for me, this was due to the different format (family of four, instead of teams of two not-necessarily family). The fact that it was set in the USA wasn't a problem for me; as a non-American, the USA is as exotic as many other countries they might have gone to.

And I wonder how much the absence of Airport Drama contributed to the difference, and therefore dislike, of the season? The same Airport Drama we don't get nowadays anyway?

So, in short, if they did an all-USA series I'd be more than OK with it. Better than no series at all for one? two? more? ...years to come.

Hell, they could even bring back the Weavers! (Running! Ducking! Laughing!)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Netfoot said:

this was due to the different format (family of four,

Of course, not all "families of four" were equal---some were parents with young (ish) children, some were parents with teenagers, some were just a family of 4 adults (siblings, early twenties), etc. That put several teams at a disadvantage from the get-go.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Netfoot said:

The USA-centric Season 8 has been widely condemned but for me, this was due to the different format (family of four, instead of teams of two not-necessarily family). The fact that it was set in the USA wasn't a problem for me; as a non-American, the USA is as exotic as many other countries they might have gone to.

And I wonder how much the absence of Airport Drama contributed to the difference, and therefore dislike, of the season? The same Airport Drama we don't get nowadays anyway?

So, in short, if they did an all-USA series I'd be more than OK with it. Better than no series at all for one? two? more? ...years to come.

Hell, they could even bring back the Weavers! (Running! Ducking! Laughing!)

As noted above, it was that all of the families were not on anywhere close to equal footing.  Some had a couple of very young kids; I think the minimum age was 9.  A kid that age is going to be limited in what sorts of tasks they can do, so the show 'dumbed down' a lot of the challenges so that young kids could participate which made it much less interesting to watch.  Since there was no requirement for teams to have a child member, the adults who competed in the kid-based challenges tended to smoke them.  I also think that 4 members per team was too many, it was hard to get to know them all and to get a feeling for how they worked together.  Or didn't.

If they wanted to do a US race with 2 person teams, both adults, I think it could be done.  Give them a car and some road maps and turn them loose.  The problem is there is no way to prevent interaction with strangers along the route; that is part of the charm of the race, seeing locals interact with the racers.  And, as the CDC has told us repeatedly, traveling from state to state is very high risk behavior.  

Even if they were to do a US race, it would have to be after the vaccine is widely available to everyone and, at the rate vaccination is (not) happening in the US, we're talking probably 2022 at the earliest.

• Love 1

Thank you, Cotypubby.  I work in a large hospital, and non-patient facing employees are not expected to be able to be vaccinated until late April at the earliest.  And we're organized about it.  It's more likely July when low-risk members of the public get their vaccine, after a couple more are approved.

8 hours ago, MartyQui said:

Thank you, Cotypubby.  I work in a large hospital, and non-patient facing employees are not expected to be able to be vaccinated until late April at the earliest.  And we're organized about it.  It's more likely July when low-risk members of the public get their vaccine, after a couple more are approved.

And, even after that, I expect they’ll have to plan the route very carefully to avoid countries where they’d still be at risk of exposure. Since the vaccine is at the very beginning stages of roll-out worldwide, I think the route/travel arrangements/tasks parts of pre-production will be delayed. I’m sure they’re doing as much as they can as early as they can and keeping copious lists of possible countries, but I believe it will be too dangerous to finalize it until the end of 2021 or later.

• Love 6

Looking at current vaccination rates and projections for countries and currently covid safe countries, I think we might see TAR 33 resume filming by Q4 of this year at the earliest and March of 2022 at the latest. I think due to the current situation this might force a first time visit to Israel & a Caribbean nation and a revisit to Australia (after 15 seasons). I think that because TAR 33 is being suspended for so long this season might be released just a couple of months after it finished filming, just like older seasons.

• Love 3

This may be a very unpopular opinion, but I think we may have seen the last of TAR for good.

Unless they decide to do a U.S. version, there is no way they can leave the country. Where are they going to go? Europe, which requires vaccine passports? Africa and South America, which don't even have vaccines? Asia, where some vaccines are of questionable efficacy? And countries with quarantine requirements are out, right? Unfortunately, all that may be left are the countries with the raging outbreaks and sporadic access to vaccines.

I think the "get on a plane and travel around the world" show died with the pandemic. There can be no more crowded marketplaces with highly contagious variants, and as others have said, you're at the mercy of who gets on a plane with you. Unlike Survivor, which had its own headaches resuming, you can't lock down the world. This show is about exploring the world in an unfettered way that COVID and even post-COVID will make impossible.

MTV's The Challenge had to shut down production due to a positive COVID test and they supposedly quarantined. There's too much risk for exposure baked into the fabric of TAR. Interfacing with the locals and long-haul airline flights and all those high-risk things was the essence of this show. Its time has come and gone. I do believe COVID was the final nail in its coffin.

• Useful 1

Countries requiring vaccination proof wouldn't be an issue.   Just make it a requirement of casting.  

I don't think it's going to resume soon but that doesn't mean it never will.   And they can contain things some.  Almost all flights are spoon fed anymore so you can always charter.   And do more driving.   And a lot of task have always been setup in remote locations. 

12 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Unless they decide to do a U.S. version

They already did a U.S. version. *cough cough Family Edition cough cough*

Oh wait, they left the country... twice.

Edited by Kawaiiko

Vaccination passports are easy enough to comply with. There are already countries that you have to have proof of vaccinations before entering, I believe it is called the yellow sheet. You know it is a requirement to travel so you get your yellow sheet. If you want to go to Europe or Asian countries, you get your COVID vaccination passport. I would bet that it is an app. Easy enough for a camera crew to carry for the participants on their phones or you give each contestant a basic phone for their passport and insist that it is turned off at all times unless they have to show their vaccination passport. The camera crew or production person with them reports any use of the phone outside of showing their vaccination passport.

Asian countries have been using COVID trackers this entire time, not just vaccination passports. Want to enter a business? Show that you have not been in contact with anyone with COVID by showing the green check on the approved app. Easy. Totally voluntary in many countries but you don't get to eat a restaurant or shop or see a movie without it. The choice is yours. Add the necessary apps and feel free to travel to those countries.

It is small change that would allow for travel to Countries requiring vaccination passports and requiring the COVID trackers. If participants do not want to use those apps, then they cannot be cast.

23 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Want to enter a business? Show that you have not been in contact with anyone with COVID by showing the green check on the approved app. Easy. Totally voluntary in many countries but you don't get to eat a restaurant or shop or see a movie without it. The choice is yours.

Sounds wonderful. Why, if we're lucky, they will upgrade the app so restaurants, shops and cinemas can check to make sure you haven't been in contact with anyone who has dubious politics, as well!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Right now, a “Race Across America” would be the best bet to ensure the survival of the series. As long as they don’t repeat the mistakes of TAR8, it might be good.

I try not to dwell on TAR’s future, but it is galling AF Big Brother might outlast it. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Love 2

I assume that contestants would probably be required to be vaccinated, so having a vaccine passport would likely not be an issue.  As mentioned above, just make it a requirement.  I could also see a shorter season being filmed;  there's a rumor that Survivor may shorten its filming schedule, from 39 days to 29, so maybe TAR would do something similar.  They could also limit the number of countries visited on the race, and just do a bunch of legs in one spot, which could also make for a shorter season.  There's options.

Edited by LadyChatts

I think the best compromise would be to do the USA and Canada. For me, and maybe others like me, the USA and Canada are just as foreign, exotic and interesting as many of the places they have visited in the past. Contiguous landmasses -- they could dramatically reduce the number of flights and either ramp up self navigation or have rolling pitstops on private coaches or even reserve a sleeper car on a train.

They could also venture south (Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, etc) but that would depend on the state of affaires WRT COVID in those countries. Plus some geo-political realities would probably need to be considered.

I think they could still do a European based TAR without waiting much longer, but with a few tweaks...  First, start it in Europe.  Get everyone vaccinated and over to, say, Stockholm or Oslo, somewhere far north, quarantine for whatever period necessary, and then start the race there.  Would anyone really care if we miss the initial run to the airport from the US departure city?  I wouldn't.

From that point, it's land/water travel only.  No airplanes.  Just zig zag your way south... Oslo to Copenhagen, to Hamburg, to Amsterdam, etc., ending down at Gilbraltar.  Assuming the borders, are open, which I think they are even now.   Everything is self driving, or give them drivers but the contestants have to do all the navigation.  I suggested in another post to give each team their own RV so they can avoid hotels.  If everyone is vaccinated they could theoretically still do public tasks, like marketplace ones, but they could easily cut those out and have all tasks be relatively isolated, which most are anyways. 

They could also end it in Europe, have the finish line there, or have everyone do the final leg home.  Again, wouldn't matter to me one bit where the final leg was - it doesn't have to be in the US for me. 

The biggest obstacle to any of this is fear of the unknown.  The last thing TAR wants is to get 1/2 way through a season and have to send everyone home because of a spike or border closings or whatever. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, chaifan said:

The biggest obstacle to any of this is fear of the unknown.  The last thing TAR wants is to get 1/2 way through a season and have to send everyone home because of a spike or border closings or whatever.

I think this is the biggest drawback to your TAR-EU idea. It involves lots of boarder crossings. TAR-NA would be only one boarder, and nearly twice the land area.

7 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

I think this is the biggest drawback to your TAR-EU idea. It involves lots of boarder crossings. TAR-NA would be only one boarder, and nearly twice the land area.

Yes, but TAR NA would be boring as all get out.  Most of us are in it for the foreign locations.  And sorry, Canada doesn't cut it. 

Just pure spitballing, anyways.  Not like TPTB are reading these posts and going, hey, now there's an idea!

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, chaifan said:

Yes, but TAR NA would be boring as all get out.  Most of us are in it for the foreign locations.  And sorry, Canada doesn't cut it. 

Like I've said before: the USA is as foreign as anywhere else they've ever been and Canada too. At least from my perspective.

Just pure spitballing, anyways.  Not like TPTB are reading these posts and going, hey, now there's an idea!

Sure. (If only they would!)

I don't really care where they go. TAR-ANYWHERE would be a whole lot better than TAR-NOWHERE-AT-ALL. So long as Will & James aren't allowed anywhere within 100 nautical miles of it.....

• Love 1
On 5/1/2021 at 7:45 PM, chaifan said:

Would anyone really care if we miss the initial run to the airport from the US departure city?  I wouldn't.

Honestly, I would. It's one of my favorite parts of the first episode, and I hated that this last season basically blew it off. But I concede I'm probably in the minority on this, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/1/2021 at 7:02 PM, chaifan said:

I don't know.  I really enjoy TAR Canada and they stay almost 100% in Canada.  They've gone a few other places but mostly stay at home.  An NA edition would be fine for me.  There are some spectacular locations in NA that are just as beautiful as anywhere else in the world, that some wouldn't see otherwise. 

However, I'm not up on the latest with US/Canada border relations at the moment.  Nothing seems to be happening with TAR Canada either, as far as I can tell.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Going up into Alaska could be an adventure for many challenges

*flashing back to Wil setting the giant ice globe on fire*

Good times. Bring on the road trip.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

So happy that TAR 33 is about to restart production. Filming of the restart season will begin at the end of October and finish before Thanksgiving.

Source?

• Love 3
On 6/2/2021 at 9:56 PM, Spoopy said:

Let me know if this isn't the place to ask this but does anyone know what the originally planned route for TAR 33 was?

From what I have seen this is the speculated/partially confirmed original route for TAR 33 (I’ll put it in a spoiler warning just in case):

Spoiler

Leg 1: Racers hometowns -> London, England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿, UK 🇬🇧 (confirmed by Bertram)

Leg 2: London -> Glasgow & Loch Lomond, Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿, UK 🇬🇧 (confirmed by Bertram)

Leg 3: Glasgow -> Stockholm, Sweden 🇸🇪 -> unknown northern Swedish city 🇸🇪 (confirmed by Bertram)

Leg 4: unknown northern Swedish city -> Innsbruck, Austria 🇦🇹 -> Vipiteno/Sterzing, Italy 🇮🇹 (countries and regions confirmed by Bertram)

Leg 5: Vipiteno/Sterzing -> Johannesburg, South Africa 🇿🇦 

Leg 6: Johannesburg -> Lilongwe, Malawi 🇲🇼 

Leg 7: Lilongwe -> Da Nang, Vietnam 🇻🇳 (country confirmed by Bertram)

Leg 8: Da Nang -> Jakarta, Indonesia 🇮🇩 

Leg 9: Jakarta -> Melbourne, Australia 🇦🇺 

Leg 10: Melbourne -> Port Campbell & Great Ocean Road, Australia 🇦🇺 

Leg 11: Port Campbell -> Lima, Peru 🇵🇪 (continent and leg number confirmed by Bertram)

Leg 12: Lima -> Indianapolis, USA 🇺🇸 

Although no new countries were going to be visited it would have been the first visit to Malawi, South Africa, and Australia in over 12 seasons and the first visit to Austria, Peru, and Sweden in over 5 seasons.

• Useful 2
Spoiler

The race is supposed to end in Indianapolis???  Obviously there will be something happening at the Speedway.

If the race ever gets up and going again, with the same itinerary I'm going to have to keep and eye on spoilers and hang out there.

• Love 1
(edited)

Another updating speculated/partial confirmed TAR 33 route (WARNING: I put the spoiler tag if you don't want to click anyway.)

Spoiler

According to Bertram van Munster's interview last October, the countries of TAR 33 being suspended that were to be Tyrol region (Austria/Italy), central part of Vietnam and a penultimate leg in South America (particularly Chile or Peru) as planned.

One production member contracted the virus during the initial production before the Race halted filming in Glasgow, Scotland. BVM was in Sweden to prepare filming the third leg that was to begin on February 26, 2020.

Rumor there was to be legs in Cape Town, South Africa and Melbourne, Australia. As if the South America leg would be about to cancel, producers could change an alternative location in Tokyo, Japan as a penultimate leg.

The big reason is flights between Australia/New Zealand to South America have been off-limits since the pandemic began last year.

The Race initially began on February 22, 2020 and was to finish on March 16 onto an original planned format but filming suspended on February 28 after two completed legs. BVM and crew stopped in Sweden and teams went home from Scotland before shutdowns happened around the world as what was about to change in the lives of pandemic.

Spoiler

INITIAL ROUTE AS FOLLOWS:

• Start: Racers hometowns, United States 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png (originally as planned instead of a starting line city)
  • Leg 1: London, England 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png, United Kingdom 22px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
  • Leg 2: Glasgow, Scotland 22px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png, United Kingdom 22px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png via Scottish countryside by train
  • Leg 3: Stockholm, Sweden 22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png (originally planned in the unknown Northern Swedish city)
  • Leg 4: Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria 22px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png and Vipiteno/Sterzing, Italy 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png (one country confirmed by Bertram; the other confirmed by producers)
  • Leg 5: Cape Town, South Africa 22px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png
  • Leg 6: Lilongwe, Malawi 22px-Flag_of_Malawi.svg.png
  • Leg 7: Da Nang, Vietnam 22px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png (country confirmed by Bertram)
  • Leg 8: Jakarta, Indonesia 22px-Flag_of_Indonesia.svg.png
  • Leg 9: Melbourne, Australia 22px-Flag_of_Australia_(converted).svg.p
  • Leg 10: Port Campbell, Australia 22px-Flag_of_Australia_(converted).svg.p via Great Ocean Road
  • Leg 11: Tokyo, Japan 22px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png (originally planned to take place in South America confirmed by Bertram but travel from Oceania to South America became off-limits)
  • Leg 12: Indianapolis, Indiana or Boston, Massachusetts, United States 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

The fully vaccinated cast and crew (including Phil Keoghan and Bertram van Munster) will start a mandatory 14-day quarantine at the hotel to avoid the risk of COVID-19 infection in the middle of October before production will conduct filming restart on October 30, 2021.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
(edited)
22 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

Hide contents

INITIAL ROUTE AS FOLLOWS:

• Start: Racers hometowns, United States 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png (originally as planned instead of a starting line city)
  • Leg 1: London, England 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png, United Kingdom 22px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
  • Leg 2: Glasgow, Scotland 22px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png, United Kingdom 22px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png via Scottish countryside by train
  • Leg 3: Stockholm, Sweden 22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png (originally planned in the unknown Northern Swedish city)
  • Leg 4: Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria 22px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png and Vipiteno/Sterzing, Italy 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png (one country confirmed by Bertram; the other confirmed by producers)
  • Leg 5: Cape Town, South Africa 22px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png
  • Leg 6: Lilongwe, Malawi 22px-Flag_of_Malawi.svg.png
  • Leg 7: Da Nang, Vietnam 22px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png (country confirmed by Bertram)
  • Leg 8: Jakarta, Indonesia 22px-Flag_of_Indonesia.svg.png
  • Leg 9: Melbourne, Australia 22px-Flag_of_Australia_(converted).svg.p
  • Leg 10: Port Campbell, Australia 22px-Flag_of_Australia_(converted).svg.p via Great Ocean Road
  • Leg 11: Tokyo, Japan 22px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png (originally planned to take place in South America confirmed by Bertram but travel from Oceania to South America became off-limits)
  • Leg 12: Indianapolis, Indiana or Boston, Massachusetts, United States 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

Is this the route that production is planning to use for TAR 33?, because if so this would be a major step up from the other mid-pandemic season.

Spoiler

If production is really planning to restart the race instead of resuming it I wonder if they will redesign the London and Glasgow legs since teams already completed those legs. As much as I would love a visit to Indianapolis I feel like Boston should be a no-brainer for production.

Edited by Spoopy
(edited)
On 6/28/2021 at 1:51 AM, Spoopy said:

Is this the route that production is planning to use for TAR 33?, because if so this would be a major step up from the other mid-pandemic season.

Reveal spoiler

If production is really planning to restart the race instead of resuming it I wonder if they will redesign the London and Glasgow legs since teams already completed those legs. As much as I would love a visit to Indianapolis I feel like Boston should be a no-brainer for production.

It's a mix of speculation and wishlist. And the comment about the restart date is completely unverified.

Edited by TheRabbi