Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Gettin’ Real

Bort
Message added by Bort

If you know something from the media and it hasn't happened yet, IT IS A SPOILER. Do not discuss it in this topic.

• Start Topic

Celebrity choreographer Charm La’Donna challenges the candidates while choreographer Denise Dicharry pushes them out of their comfort zones.

Airdate: 8 December 2020

If you know something from the media and it hasn't happened yet, IT IS A SPOILER. Do not discuss it in this topic.

Any events that play out in the episode are no longer spoilers and fair game to discuss.

“Girl”?!? 😬 Surprised Sheridan made it out of the room alive. Kelli is a “yes m‘am”  type. Hell, I’d say “yes m’am” if I ever met her. 

Wish we got more of the vets, but this show loves their rookie projects. Shannon was weird in her cut “oh well, I wanted to be a cruise ship dancer anyway”. Way to say the DCC are second choice. Why even bother to bubble? 

Hi Charm and Denise. Flashbacks made me really miss Bridget. She was a star.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Why are they shoving Armani down our throats? Something about her rubs me the wrong way, but according to Kelli and Judy she invented the actual act of dance. 🙄 

Exactly, very odd for them to keep pushing rookies onto us and have us question veterans throughout these past 3 episodes.

• Love 2

I just love me some KAT. I need her to get more air time. She was giving us the most facials when dancing lol 

Also, can we talk about the attire when the vets joined the bubble. Some were dressed up, some were casual (Brennan?) and some were “what the actual heck was Lisa wearing?”??

Edited by DCCdoll
  • Love 10

I have been watching for many seasons but only discovered this board just recently...a few thoughts...

1- Sheridan’s “girl” comments were completely a fluke and obviously she was embarrassed after being called out.  To me it seemed a little catty to even show that scene.... But as soon as she left the office, it was all over Kelli’s face... Sheridan’s time is short lived with DCC

2-  Unless the veterans have quarantined for 10-14 days prior to coming to the bubble then they could have potentially been exposed. Kudos to the few vets for wearing their masks more frequently than others. 

3- It also seems to me that if the interviewed candidate is asked leading questions On camera, the likelihood of that person being cut is great.  (I really have never noticed that until this past season and this current season).

I absolutely like reading others thoughts.  Thanks!  Have a wonderful evening! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Marissa's a fine dancer but I'm still glad they aired her group getting called out. What I don't like is that we weren't exactly shown why her group was called out. We are watching one group with Jada for multiple clips and then in the next edit Charm is cutting all of a totally different group- Marissa's group. Why is that? We saw about one blip of them messing up - along with a very slow whoosh of Cassie's behind. Then all of sudden Charm's comment  I don't understand the editing- I really don't. --Also if you watch behind the people the edits want you to watch  -- there are A LOT of mistakes everywhere.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 3
  • Love 16

It’s not so much that Brennan chose to wear jeans, but that she wore jeans with a  tank top and tennis shoes with them.  No effort, class or style IMO  
Lisa’s jeans were obviously more of a cute fashion jean (love em or hate em)  with an appropriately cut blouse and shoes/boots.  If Brennan had worn a cute, feminine blouse with a nice shoe with her jeans, she wouldn’t have looked so out of place.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, dbell1 said:

“Girl”?!? 😬 Surprised Sheridan made it out of the room alive. Kelli is a “yes m‘am”  type. Hell, I’d say “yes m’am” if I ever met her. 

Wish we got more of the vets, but this show loves their rookie projects. Shannon was weird in her cut “oh well, I wanted to be a cruise ship dancer anyway”. Way to say the DCC are second choice. Why even bother to bubble? 

Hi Charm and Denise. Flashbacks made me really miss Bridget. She was a star.

I actually loved Shannon's response because it wasn't crushed spirit.  You don't really hear what all Kelli says, she can sometimes be cutting so I was glad Shannon indicated that she really wanted to dance on a cruiseship!  🙂

• Love 8

thoughts: 

• omg I loved charm's routine (and miss her as a full-time presence). and I was shocked at how they played that Doja Cat song despite it being so salacious lol
  • little redhead kelly is sooo pretty
  • wish i could get the MLM shill with meredith vibes off my screen. alora seems so fake to me, starting with that dramatic 'thanks for not giving up on us this year' speech she gave kelli in her office. she could've/should've been cut this week tbh
  • jada is adorable and seems sweet but she is just so LONG and young-looking for a DCC
  • claire d is fit but has a very visible double chin...surprised they liked her look. kind of masculine
  • lmao at armani's graduation filler
  • vet briana is so gorgeous ❤️
  • kat's brunette wig is such a better look it's not even funny. it is a CRIME that she was able to keep that brown blonde monstrosity from last season
  • lol at only half of the vets wearing masks during the meeting. what a JOKE
  • omg that random singer coming in to talk to them...that was such pandering, theater. also awkward since no one knew who she was
  • 'i feel like i'm grasping it a LITTLE more this year, but there are still minor hiccups here and there...' - meredith...GIRL
  • sydney was a LOT more likable in her little background interview
  • sheridan being scolded about 'girl' was one of the cringiest things ever on this show. she handled it well tho lol
  • darian is so pretty GOD
  • YOU COULD TELL THEY WANTED SHANNAN TO SOB AND GROVEL LOL but she didn't give them shit, queen! and i loved that. why does nearly every single girl have to act like their life is literally over if they don't make this team?
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

Just saw the episode. Enjoyed the guest choreographers. 

I can't keep any of the blondes straight except for Marissa because of her short hair. I'm still liking Ellie and Sydney. 

I personally want to see more of the vets. 

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 8

I get second hand embarrassment cringe for Armani because I know she is sweating out her hair every night. It's too bad she didn't get an install like Sydney before camp. 

Kelli is just full of stuffing and this episode is no exception. I know she was pissed when Shannon didn't cry and seem devastated when she was cut. Sheridan, you are in the room but not on the team. DUH. Sometimes I think she talks just to hear herself talk. 

I love Charm and she's a good choreographer and judge of the ladies. Denise is unnecessarily rude. Calm down girl (excuse me Sheridan, ma'am). Maybe the show has gone to her head too. 

My girl crush continues to be Jada. She is long and lean, I love her hair, and her dancing is amazing. Still love Elli, Dani, and Sydney. Starting to like Kelly too. 

LOL at Armani's graduation scene. I just know that production was salivating when she said she couldn't find her name. They live for any kind of drama. Elsewhere, Daphne is thinking that the University of South Carolina is no UCLA. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

I thought Brennan looked hot even if she was under-dressed. There were a few vets that were not as formal as usual (Lisa, Kristin, Savannah). They all looked better than Kelli and her chin-high collar blouse. 😳

That blouse was ... let's just say interesting ?

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

I thought Brennan looked hot even if she was under-dressed. There were a few vets that were not as formal as usual (Lisa, Kristin, Savannah). They all looked better than Kelli and her chin-high collar blouse. 😳

Brennan is usually the queen of fashion so I can only assume that some thought they'd have spare time between moving in and first meeting like the rookies did and it was changed last minute perhaps? I mean some of the rookies had some interesting outfits on when they moved in yet were more DCC style for the first meeting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I burst out laughing when Shannon said her main plan for 2020 was to dance on a cruise ship. Oh, honey, no. In Kelli’s eyes, DCC is the dream. You’ll be lucky if you get into training camp. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

thoughts: 

• omg I loved charm's routine (and miss her as a full-time presence). and I was shocked at how they played that Doja Cat song despite it being so salacious lol
  • little redhead kelly is sooo pretty
  • wish i could get the MLM shill with meredith vibes off my screen. alora seems so fake to me, starting with that dramatic 'thanks for not giving up on us this year' speech she gave kelli in her office. she could've/should've been cut this week tbh
  • jada is adorable and seems sweet but she is just so LONG and young-looking for a DCC
  • claire d is fit but has a very visible double chin...surprised they liked her look. kind of masculine
  • lmao at armani's graduation filler
  • vet briana is so gorgeous ❤️
  • kat's brunette wig is such a better look it's not even funny. it is a CRIME that she was able to keep that brown blonde monstrosity from last season
  • lol at only half of the vets wearing masks during the meeting. what a JOKE
  • omg that random singer coming in to talk to them...that was such pandering, theater. also awkward since no one knew who she was
  • 'i feel like i'm grasping it a LITTLE more this year, but there are still minor hiccups here and there...' - meredith...GIRL
  • sydney was a LOT more likable in her little background interview
  • sheridan being scolded about 'girl' was one of the cringiest things ever on this show. she handled it well tho lol
  • darian is so pretty GOD
  • YOU COULD TELL THEY WANTED SHANNAN TO SOB AND GROVEL LOL but she didn't give them shit, queen! and i loved that. why does nearly every single girl have to act like their life is literally over if they don't make this team?

Alora-Rose would've been such an easy cut this episode in my opinion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, TUOwl84 said:

Alora-Rose would've been such an easy cut this episode in my opinion.

Oh, absolutely, no doubt. But Kelli's holding on for dear life because she was a Rockette 🙄

She messed up just as much as if not more than Amelia, Shannan, and Claire D. I'd say more tbh

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Oh, absolutely, no doubt. But Kelli's holding on for dear life because she was a Rockette 🙄

She messed up just as much as if not more than Amelia, Shannan, and Claire D. I'd say more tbh

Agree 100%

• Love 4

First time poster, but I've been lurking on here for a while.

I think Armani is absolutely adorable, so I don't mind seeing more of her. I don't see her as someone shoved down our throats. I see that with people like VK, Kat, and Vivian back in S9 - I use that term when I get tired of seeing them in confessionals every other scene.

I cringed when Sheridan called Kelli "girl". Idk if she said that out of nerves, but as someone who's been in TC before, she should've known better.

All in all, this episode was a little bit boring for me. Hopefully things will get more exciting when they go back to AT&T stadium next week.

Oh and I loved Charm's routine! I like the change that her choreography brings to the DCC.

Edited by MissDivine
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

That is actually a cute outfit

raggedy hem jeans look awful everywhere but the beach...Brennan, on the other hand, although woefully underdressed (yes, she should know better) looks very put together & smokin' hot. She'd not have been noticed had she worn a shrug over her shoulders.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, vanillagum said:

'i feel like i'm grasping it a LITTLE more this year, but there are still minor hiccups here and there...' - meredith...GIRL

Words spoken from an actual Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader veteran. I just ... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😡😡😡

• Love 5

My thoughts:

I probably would have cut Alora-Rose but I’m sure Kelli wants to be able to brag that DCC is such a dream that even a Rockette wants to join. Claire W looked heavy last night. I’m kind of surprised no one has had a weight talk yet. 

Armani is a standout to me. She just always looks like she’s having fun when she dances. 

I laughed when Shannon told Kelli and Judy that DCC wasn’t her initial plan. If she auditions again, Kelli will probably hold it against her.

What was going on with the veteran’s outfits? Rachel W had a cute, matching outfit but Brennan and Lisa?!?! You know you’re being filmed and I thought TPTB said you have to be camera ready. Lisa’s jeans were hideous. 

I wish we had gotten to see more of the vets this episode. The show seems to always ask the girls on the bubble (Lily, Meredith) about what it’s like coming back as a vet. 

• Love 5
  • Alora-Rose is not cut out for DCC if she can't take the small bit of criticism she received in this episode without crying.
  • Lots of generic blonde comments, but I think Jessica stands out among them.
  • I was pulling for Sheridan, but I'm jumping off that sinking ship after calling Kelli "girl".
  • Did CMT really need to show it 3 times, including teasing it twice going into commercial breaks?
  • Meredith, Meredith, Meredith.  I love you, but no.
  • Hannah looked like 2 different people with her natural, paler skin contrasting those tan leggings.
  • Blonde Claire could've been cut this episode.
  • When they showed the board, I couldn't believe Jada was outside the top 36.  
  • I'm glad they got their obligatory country singer cameo out of the way.  
  • This show really suffers without the prelims/semis/finals/TC format.
  • I will forever maintain they should've kept the veterans out of tryouts and just held auditions to fill the retirement vacancies, especially since they aren't even able to do normal routines at games.
  • That said, this rookie class really does appear to be strong, which is much needed.  The last 2 rookie classes have been mediocre at best, leaving a massive leadership void on the squad.  
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Marissa's a fine dancer but I'm still glad they aired her group getting called out. What I don't like is that we weren't exactly shown why her group was called out. We are watching one group with Jada for multiple clips and then in the next edit Charm is cutting all of a totally different group- Marissa's group. Why is that? We saw about one blip of them messing up - along with a very slow whoosh of Cassie's behind. Then all of sudden Charm's comment  I don't understand the editing- I really don't. --Also if you watch behind the people the edits want you to watch  -- there are A LOT of mistakes everywhere.

The show has always done this - jump between different groups doing the same dance. I’ve always thought that they do it to highlight certain people (strengths and weaknesses), catch strong moments, etc. The editing may be the one thing that is consistent with this season and past ones.

Based on the episode.....I’m still liking Dani, Jada, Armani, Jessica, Dorian, Ellie, and Claire W. Sydney continues to grow on me, and I still have no issue with Marissa. I like Sheridan, but that was cringeworthy. What on earth was she thinking? 

I agree with others that some of the vets probably thought they would have time to change...that seems like a reasonable belief to me. 

Meredith is pretty and likeable, but she was weak last year and still seems weak. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, LilBlueDCCStar said:

Kelli has such a weak spot for girls with black hair and blue eyes. I wasn't even surprised when she said Shannon was her favorite rookie, she and Meredith have similarities. 

Yes, she always seems to have strong thoughts about girls with dark hair and blue eyes. I'm thinking about Brandi from season 3/4 who she kept calling a stripper and she was tough on 50 yard Kelsi. From her name I'm assuming Kelli is of Celtic stock and this hair and eye combination is very common in Ireland/Scotland. Perhaps this look reminds her of family members.

• Love 2

My thoughts on Episode 3. I have a lot of thoughts this week folks. 

1. It's Charm La'Donna Week lol. I like her and I like that's honest and straight to the point. I also loved her choreography. I would LOVE for her to be a part of the permanent team, because her opinions are valid and you can tell that she loves DCC and the girls.
2. Armani and Elli KILLED IT with Charm's routine. 
3. Marissa's group was the weakest in Charm's routine and frankly she was kinda right when she said that she could cut the group right now. Sorry Ashlinn 😞
4. Claire W? Floating? I disagree but ok.
5. The same thing that Charm said about Alora-Rose's dancing I would say the same towards Marissa as well. OVERDOING IT AND ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!
6. Marissa has some moments where she shows maturity and other moments where I am like just shut up. Her confessionals sound fake and forced. I am kinda warming up to her, but sometimes she's just annoying.
7. Even though Claire D's audition video was better than most girls, I understand why she got cut. Her facial expressions were off putting. 
8. Personally I would have cut Annabelle and Cassie along with Claire D.
9. I don't think they should have aired Armani's graduation mishap and use it as drama.
10. Ugh I love Lily. She's just so likeable and has this aura of kindness every time she talks. It's refreshing.
11. Oop looks like Meredith's no longer Kelli's favorite. Rightfully so, that girl should not have made the team last year.
12. I am still not a fan of Sydney's dancing and her audition video does not do her justice. She's good in the DCC style, but not great.
13. Kelli sure has some weird favorites. Meredith and Shannan are very much alike, pretty but weak dancers. I mean you're telling me, that compared to girls like Elli, Claire W., McKenzie, Kelly, your favorite was Shannan? Ok I guess.
14. Ooooo Sheridan just got on Kelli's bad side. Yikes. I love her accent and her personality though. Personally I don't mind it but I don't know southern hospitality.

Anyways here's my current line up as of Episode 3

Armani
Ashlinn
Claire W.
Dani
Darian
Elli
Jada
Kelly
McKenzie
Sheridan
Tori

I removed Alora-Rose and replaced her with Tori. Even though there wasn't that much screen time of her, she did get complemented by Charm.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:
  • That said, this rookie class really does appear to be strong, which is much needed.  The last 2 rookie classes have been mediocre at best, leaving a massive leadership void on the squad.  

This is why, if it were left up me, there would be a bloodbath among the vets. This league, and by extension this squad, needs shaking up. 

There is so much freshness and talent about this incoming class that I want to see more of, that keeping some of these vets is loyalty just for the sake of being loyal.  

But then, I would never have place Kashara, Maddie or Amy at point – so what do I know?

• Love 1

During the episode:

•  Does anyone else also envision Kashara singing the theme song? Have no clue why lol
  • My eyes went straight to Sydney during Charm's choreo and stayed there, damn lol. Phenomenal. That is what they all should look like doing that choreo. Power, energy, hitting the moves hard, being smooth with it when it calls for it, adding style and some sass. I rewinded and watched again. (ATL girls can get it 😏)
  • Jada and Marissa's groups were *blows air*. Idk. Low energy and they all were halfway doing the moves. Nobody popped tbh. The only one who was doing the moves w/ the energy I expected was Annabelle, but she was messing moves up pretty badly
  • oml that virtual graduation; Covid really ruined that experience for students countrywide. Commencement was long and annoying, yes, but damn, walking across that stage and getting a diploma after 4 yrs of utter shite, hard work, and difficult and amazing experiences was something I would not give up for the world
  • here come the veterans~ lets see what editing they have in store to shape and mould the average viewer
  • Kat's wig looks a little dry tbh; needs some sheen.
  • I saw Maddie M mess up a couple times oop
  • okay power duooo (Darian and Armani)
  • Refreshing to see Amanda, Ashlee, Gina, and Hannah's clean, fun, powerful style for that brief moment we got of them
  • Showrunners obviously asked Meredith about her learning dances for the confessional and cut and chopped it up to make it seem like she was struggling big time. I doubt a vet would say that unprompted about learning dances. You can't fool me editing~
  • Shannan wtf lol; she said IDGAF. But they obviously edited her to look a certain way. She was clearly crying earlier during it. She had watery, red eyes and her voice wavered a bit.
  • Sheridan stood out in a bad way. And not just because she was calling Kelli 'girl' (which I thought was funny af). Something about the way she overacts was hmmm to me. She doesn't come across bubbly cute. She was lowkey obnoxious? I wonder how much of that is editing.

Thoughts after

• no shots taken this episode. Boo.
  • Editing is slipshod. Have a feeling it's going to get worse.
  • lmao Charm was NOT impressed w/ the rookies; I was cackling for a good minute at her disinterest
  • if I'm correct, this is the first season they have ever mentioned racial injustice, yes? Honestly, having watched this show for several years, I made a face, and not a good one. Really hope they don't push this "racial diversity/racial inequality/racial injustice" angle more in this season to try to portray the show as caring in that respect. It screams disingenuous considering they have paid that dust in the past.
  •  Has Kelly made any positive comments about the girls in the past 2 episodes? I had a feeling K&J's enthusiasm in ep 1 was kind of fake. They're snarky and snipping about every girl and it's coming across as catty now. They seem just an unenthusiastic about this season as many of the viewers on this site do.
  • Honestly, if they have 11 cuts and no time for it, there's no reason to keep extending their stay when certain ppl just aren't going to get the dances. They're not going to give them time to get it anyway.
  • I can't recognise about half of the blonde girls. Jeez. They do not stand out whatsoever.

Ep 3 favourites: ***Elli***, Darian, Sydney, Armani, Dani came out of nowhere for me and blended before but she gets a yaaasss, Jada is soft and sweet and genuine and though I'm not a fan of her dancing she has become a fave for that reason alone, Kelly impressed me with her power, Amanda bc I do love me some Amanda, Ashlee bc I do love me some Ashlee

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, lemonbus230 said:

Anyone else notice every time they showed Maddie’s group dancing last night, she was also messing up? But the edits would have you believe it was only Annabelle and Cassie.

Yes! Went back and rewound to see if I was wrong. Thought maybe it was a syncopated/segmented dance and she was supposed to be off due to her placement in the formation? But I think she was just off a few times. Marissa was in front of her and dancing wildly (and rushing) so it was hard to tell sometimes.

30 minutes ago, StillHere said:

This is why, if it were left up me, there would be a bloodbath among the vets. This league, and by extension this squad, needs shaking up. 

There is so much freshness and talent about this incoming class that I want to see more of, that keeping some of these vets is loyalty just for the sake of being loyal.  

But then, I would never have place Kashara, Maddie or Amy at point – so what do I know?

Eh I don't know. If theres a time to give loyalty a try it would be during a pandemic. Freshness can come in 2021. And honestly I don't see what all the hype is about this rookie class. They aren't showing us anything all that spectacular. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

Wait..!  Brennan made a conscious decision to show up to vets 1st meeting in jeans, tennis shoes and a tank top?!   No. That’s not ok, and pretty disappointing for someone wanting to have a 3rd year vet status not showing any leadership in what’s appropriate.  To me, this just shows her attitude and was getting arrogant.  The vet cuts are already making more sense now.  

I think they filmed this scene for the show.  I feel like these girls would have show up to camp with WAYYYYY more than one carry on size bag.  I feel like they moved in then filmed. But I was still disappointed in Brennon’s outfit 😞

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Yes! Went back and rewound to see if I was wrong. Thought maybe it was a syncopated/segmented dance and she was supposed to be off due to her placement in the formation? But I think she was just off a few times. Marissa was in front of her and dancing wildly (and rushing) so it was hard to tell sometimes.

Eh I don't know. If theres a time to give loyalty a try it would be during a pandemic. Freshness can come in 2021. And honestly I don't see what all the hype is about this rookie class. They aren't showing us anything all that spectacular. 

And honestly I don't see what all the hype is about this rookie class. They aren't showing us anything all that spectacular. 

Agreed. I’m like ok, but aren’t they supposed to be decent at most if they made it to training camp? I’m not all that wowed myself. Elli & Armani are still my favorites. I’d like to see more Darian too instead of some of the less attractive girls they love to show on camera. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

This episode was boring.

You know, I couldn't put my finger on why I was so distracted watching it, but I agree. It was lacklustre. And that little bit of contrived drama they tried to include with Armani's name not on the commencement screen (which was wtf to me lmao) didn't do anything for me. I was only invested in Charm's section. Everything after was just meh. Even the vets coming into the bubble wasn't enough to excite me.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, RyL said:

You know, I couldn't put my finger on why I was so distracted watching it, but I agree. It was lacklustre. And that little bit of contrived drama they tried to include with Armani's name not on the commencement screen (which was wtf to me lmao) didn't do anything for me. I was only invested in Charm's section. Everything after was just meh. Even the vets coming into the bubble wasn't enough to excite me.

I keep wondering if it's the lighting or the carpet thats giving it this sort of muted vibe. The girls in the back are hard to see because they're in the dark. But mainly it's because there just doesn't seem to be anything beyond jumpy editing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Overall impression is that whilst the rookie class are potentially quite great, the atmosphere at TC isn't conducive to a good team. Everyone seems really on edge. I would have cut Annabella, Claire and Alora - it feels like Kelli is so wedded to having a rockette on the team when she should have been cut by now. I hate that they're making cuts so slowly. 

I also feel like there are almost certainly "dunt feet in ower yoonifomm" cuts coming - some of the girls have different builds and Kelli always likes them teeny tiny. 

Love CHARM. She is so great. 

Really a huge fan of Sydney and also Armani - they have great attitudes and are confident. 

Anyone else find Kelli trying to be woke a bit awkward - surely she should have played the song to the girls before having that message delivered?

Edited by dccfangirl
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

Overall impression is that whilst the rookie class are potentially quite great, the atmosphere at TC isn't conducive to a good team. Everyone seems really on edge. I would have cut Annabella, Claire and Alora - it feels like Kelli is so wedded to having a rockette on the team when she should have been cut by now. I hate that they're making cuts so slowly. 

I also feel like there are almost certainly "dunt feet in ower yoonifomm" cuts coming - some of the girls have different builds and Kelli always likes them teeny tiny. 

Love CHARM. She is so great. 

Really a huge fan of Sydney and also Armani - they have great attitudes and are confident. 

Anyone else find Kelli trying to be woke a bit awkward - surely she should have played the song to the girls before having that message delivered?

Kelli couldn't resist having a rockette in camp and showing that rocket struggle. She love to draw parallels between their style and DCC style, in terms of kicks. And Kelli in that "woke" scene was a bit awkward. I guess I appreciate the effort though. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
I can't spell
  • Love 5

Who was teaching a routine to the TCCs at the very beginning of the episode (right before Charm taught her dance)?

I like that Charm gives constructive criticism without being overtly mean for the sake of being mean. I'm not saying the girls need to be handled with kid gloves, but there are times when Kitty says things in the rudest way possible. You can give criticism without insulting someone. I was cracking up that the chyron gave Chance the title of "creative." Not choreographer or dancer, just creative.

I loved the routine that Charm taught the rookies, but the other thought I had while I was watching it was that this dance would never be performed by the DCC because there aren't enough girls on the team who can pull off that style. This is not the kind of dance that you want to see performed by someone whose only exposure to hip hop is taking an after school class at a white suburban dance studio.

While I appreciate any chyrons they give us (especially in the early weeks of training camp when I still haven't figured out who all these girls are), putting "group 4" but no names while the girls were dancing wasn't very helpful. Do they think I memorized which TCCs are in each group already?

What I like about Armani is that she is really clean with her lines and she hits her poses. Contrast that with Alora-Rose who, as Charm pointed out, was a little too out of control with her dancing. I know that sometimes when you try to put more power and energy into your dancing, it can end up looking too loosey goosey so Alora-Rose needs to figure out how to have high energy and power with precision so that she doesn't look like she's just flailing. She needs to really think about placement and where to hit.

The other thing I like about Armani is that she has good facial expressions, as in plural, and she mixes them up. I don't like when dancers just plaster on a smile and then keep that same expression for the entire dance.

Sydney looked surprisingly good during Chance's routine (I found her mostly okay but not amazing in the first two episodes so I wasn't expecting much from her) but she was weaker in the DCC dances that they've already learned.

Jada is so gorgeous. She was a little gangly during Chance's routine though.

Ellie looked great in Chance's dance for the few brief seconds we saw her.

Lisa's jeans were HIDEOUS.

I couldn't decide what was more awkward to watch: Kelli bringing up being woke or Kelli awkwardly dancing along while some of the girls did Chance's dance.

I loved that Shannan took being cut so well. I actually find it kind of depressing when girls get cut and totally lose it because they're THAT devastated about not being on a dance team.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 8