Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Gettin’ Real

Bort
Message added by Bort

If you know something from the media and it hasn't happened yet, IT IS A SPOILER. Do not discuss it in this topic.

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Sydney is still thick and her hair needs help. Jada and Darian are very attractive. All the brown girls can dance not sure why K&J always put so much focus on just a few. Claire W, Dani and Jessica looked really strong this episode. 

Speaking of which - I wonder how they will handle the makeover part due to the COVID restrictions.

• Love 1

FAV MOMENTS: Charms segment, Sheridan calling Kelly girl and Shannan's response when she was cut made my night.   The look on Kelli's face both times was HILARIOUS!!!!

LOVE: Armani, Darian, Dani, Elli, Claire W, Kelly, and Sydney.

HATED:  Kelli's FAKE "wokeness".... you work for the Cowboys organization, we all know how the Jones family feels about racial inequality.  Keep that same energy.

They could've cut at least 4 people (Claire D, Alora, Annabelle, and a blonde whose name escapes me) that night.   If TC is going to be so short,  don't drag out the cuts....just get it done!

P.S.  Can TPTB please hire Charm as the new DCC Choreographer.... she adds some much needed freshness and sass. 

• Love 18
11 hours ago, KickPretty said:

This episode was boring.

Couldn't agree more.  I fell asleep twice.  I'm thinking it's because the girls are hardly ever together as one big group so there's no real interaction with the girls.  If you think about it, the only time the girls are actually seen talking to each other is right after a routine.  And it's in a very small area right outside the door to the practice room.  The poor cameraman has no room so all the shots are looking down on 2-5 girls (tops)...most with their back to the camera. 

I need to see the cattiness.  You know what I'm talking about.  When the girls have to sit there and watch others perform and you watch the sick, about-to-puke looks on less talented dancers who you know are just realizing they are toast.  And then the fake clapping and rah rah encouragement when you know they are actually thinking yes, Cyndi Sue just got called to the office by K&J.....I hopeIhopeIhope they make a cut tonight.  Yeah, I miss that. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SMP637 said:

They could've cut at least 4 people (Claire D, Alora, Annabelle, and a blonde whose name escapes me) that night.   If TC is going to be so short,  don't drag out the cuts....just get it done!

Sheridan?

My two cents on this Episode:

• - Sydney and Jessica both stood out to me dance-wise this episode when they hadn't previously seemed very good (Sydney's face is drop dead gorgeous btw)
  • - I think Sheridan really wants to be a DCC and she just got super nervous in the office and the Girl thing wasn't really that big of a deal
  • - Shannon obviously did not care in the least that she got cut
  • - Lily's makeup looked horrible in her confessional.. but I love her
  • - Meredith looked somehow even prettier than last season but remains every bit as ditsy 
  • - I LOVE Elli and Armani 
  • - Marissa seems sweet 
  • - I'm glad someone pointed out Hannah's pale pale body against those super tan tights. Don't they have a tanning sponsor? That looked sorta weird and not very DCC
  • - The "first meeting" was super odd. Several of the girls had on jeans and some kept their masks on? 
  • I live for Charm.
  • Alora Rose is by far the worst of the Rookies 
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, RyL said:

During the episode:

•  Does anyone else also envision Kashara singing the theme song? Have no clue why lol

I hadn't, but I will now!  Kashara needs her own reality show.  At the very least, she needs to be one of the Duke girls in a female reboot of the Dukes of Hazzard.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Eh I don't know. If theres a time to give loyalty a try it would be during a pandemic. Freshness can come in 2021. And honestly I don't see what all the hype is about this rookie class. They aren't showing us anything all that spectacular. 

I suppose that's a good justification for loyalty.

I'm not getting their thinking behind bringing in so much new talent with so few slots available. Seems very wasteful ... of human and monetary resources.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, NC-CFD09 said:

I'm glad someone pointed out Hannah's pale pale body against those super tan tights. Don't they have a tanning sponsor? That looked sorta weird and not very DCC

The sponsor is in Dallas.  Hannah was living for months in Chicago during the pandemic and probably wouldn't have thought of going when she got back to town.  I believe even the judges were told to ignore roots, split ends, hairstyles. etc  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

18 hours ago, RyL said:

I saw Maddie M mess up a couple times oop

Even to my untrained eye, it was more than a couple.  She was way out of step with the rest of the girls.

Am I the only one who noticed that Maddie is a little...ahem...heftier than last season?  Her face is much more rounded.  I'd say in the neighborhood of 15 lbs.

On 12/9/2020 at 8:03 AM, vanillagum said:

YOU COULD TELL THEY WANTED SHANNAN TO SOB AND GROVEL LOL but she didn't give them shit, queen! and i loved that. why does nearly every single girl have to act like their life is literally over if they don't make this team?

LOVED Shannan's blase' attitude about being cut.  That's a first.

On 12/9/2020 at 10:42 AM, Retired at last said:

I couldn't believe how Meredith was still saying how she was getting better, but still needed time. I still can't believe she was selected last year.

I've never understood Meredith.  You can tell she's a dancer.  She's mentioned she's worked professionally.  For a professional dancer not to be able to pick up the DCC routines after all this time is ridiculous.  

23 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

That said, this rookie class really does appear to be strong, which is much needed. 

There are several strong ones, and it does help that they all came in to TC knowing the routines.  Think of the wasted hours allowing girls to continue in TC when they can't even lift their legs high enough for a DCC kickline, or keep having problems with the choreography after 3-4 weeks (not to mention listening to the same b.s. about stretching more or they just got lost in their head on the dance steps....whatever).  Kelli needs to take advantage of this good idea that came out of scrambling to accommodate the Coronavirus and change the whole audition process next year.  Instead of allowing anyone who shows up to audition, only allow girls who signed up in advance to try out.  Once they sign up, Kelli sends them a Welcome to Tryouts DVD which shows the minimum qualifications a candidate must have.  Throw in a simple 15 second routine and the height their kicks y must be, and tell them they will be tested on this as soon as they get on the property and if they can't do it, they will be sent home.  No meeting Kelly, Judy, or any of the veterans.  And especially no getting on TV!  And then stick to that.

18 hours ago, RyL said:

Honestly, if they have 11 cuts and no time for it, there's no reason to keep extending their stay when certain ppl just aren't going to get the dances.

A perfect example is Annabelle.  Despite Kelly's love of her cows, she never should have been invited to TC.  Her audition video was peppy and sweet.  It lacked one thing, however.  Any real dancing ability.  She should have been the first to go.  Yet she's still there, clearly outmatched by everyone else.

Wouldn't you love, just once, for a candidate to go to Kelli and voluntarily ask to be cut, saying they can tell their dancing is not of the same caliber as their competition?  How refreshing that would be.

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, JapMo said:

Wouldn't you love, just once, for a candidate to go to Kelli and voluntarily ask to be cut, saying they can tell their dancing is not of the same caliber as their competition?  How refreshing that would be.

It would certainly be entertaining to see an interaction like that. Hoping this does happen at least once some day. Someone with Shannan's balls and IDGAF attitude + Kelli's affronted response + Amen Corner Judy would have me hooked.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, SMP637 said:

HATED:  Kelli's FAKE "wokeness".... you work for the Cowboys organization, we all know how the Jones family feels about racial inequality.  Keep that same energy.

P.S.  Can TPTB please hire Charm as the new DCC Choreographer.... she adds some much needed freshness and sass. 

The Cowboys organization is nothing short of dynasty rule. They’ll only be woke enough to make a good headline while they keep their own power and influence firmly in place. Also, Judy is probably 95% removed from the choreography now while their hired hands (ahem...guest choreographers) come up with the actual routines.

But yes, Charm needs to take Judy’s spot, stat. Unfortunately, I see Cassie or Victoria taking over Judy’s stool at some point.

• Love 5
On 12/9/2020 at 11:09 AM, Pj3422 said:

I burst out laughing when Shannon said her main plan for 2020 was to dance on a cruise ship. Oh, honey, no. In Kelli’s eyes, DCC is the dream. You’ll be lucky if you get into training camp. 

I thought what Shannon meant was that her plan for 2020 was to dance on a cruise ship but couldn't because of COVID, so that's why she tried out for DCC.  I think that's why Shannon was like, "Is that all?  Okay."

She'd rather dance on a cruise ship.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, JapMo said:

Even to my untrained eye, it was more than a couple.  She was way out of step with the rest of the girls.

Am I the only one who noticed that Maddie is a little...ahem...heftier than last season?  Her face is much more rounded.  I'd say in the neighborhood of 15 lbs.

No, you’re not the only one to notice Maddie’s weight gain. She’s not the only vet in that boat. Brianna looked pretty thick in the middle. 

Edited by laprin
  • Love 1

If we are talking about thick by DCC standards, how come no one ever mentions Claire W? She is a phenom dancer but her lower half would have never made the team a few years ago. I'm happy for "DCC thick" - all for it. I like it better than the pre-pubescent girl look which seemed to dominate the last several years.  Just it find funny that K and J have all of sudden stopped talking about it.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, NC-CFD09 said:

Hannah's pale pale body against those super tan tights. Don't they have a tanning sponsor?

I'm not a fan of the fake tans that make people look like yams (not that Kelli cares what I think LOL). I don't see why they all wear those "suntan" shade tights, the more pale girls should just so a few shades lighter. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

If we are talking about thick by DCC standards, how come no one ever mentions Claire W? She is a phenom dancer but her lower half would have never made the team a few years ago. I'm happy for "DCC thick" - all for it. I like it better than the pre-pubescent girl look which seemed to dominate the last several years.  Just it find funny that K and J have all of sudden stopped talking about it.

honestly, it seems they barely ever show her? and if they do it's in tiny bursts. i keep forgetting she's even there and can't get more than a 3-second glance of her

i, too, am happy for 'dcc thick.' love it. it's about time. don't understand the sudden change though 

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 3
On 12/9/2020 at 9:34 AM, LaurelleJ said:

Kelli is just full of stuffing and this episode is no exception. I know she was pissed when Shannon didn't cry and seem devastated when she was cut. Sheridan, you are in the room but not on the team. DUH. Sometimes I think she talks just to hear herself talk. 

I

Yes, I loved this!  Not that Shannon got cut but wasn't devastated.  Kelli is waiting for the grovel that didn't come!  lol!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 12/10/2020 at 4:56 PM, JapMo said:

There was one girl that quit by post it note (or email?) Kelli was so ANNOYED she couldn't cut her!

• Love 3
On 12/8/2020 at 11:09 PM, DCCOracle said:

Someone with 30 years of experience would not allow her best friends daughter to be an embarrassment to the entire "world-class" organization.

Spill the tea, what did Victoria do this time?  I only saw her face once, thank goodness!

Maddie looks even more Cabbage Patch like!

Who is Chance?

Charm's funny. "You tiredt?"

Although I haven't cared for Sydney, I did really enjoy her segment! But how ironic that the person who has a Master's in nutrition got sick from not being nourished?

I hope to see a highlight of Dani. 

Claire D. Didn't have "the look", but I really liked her in her cut scene.

It was awkward watching Hailey, "I know you all want your spots back, so come on in" or whatever she said. Just uncomfortable. 

Sheridan's "girl" scene was cringey, but I actually liked her personality a lot. 

Why are they keeping Allora?

Sorry, but Annabelle doesn't have the look.

• Love 3
On 12/9/2020 at 12:28 AM, Stee said:

I love Armani, so I don't mind if they keep giving her positive screen time! Darian too.  I also thought Sydney came off more intelligent this episode, and less 'arrogant' as some have called her.  Jada showed she'd be a great, mature teammate when consoling Alora Rose.  I have no clue who Jessica, Ashlinn, Dani, Claire (not the one who was cut) and Tori are though - currently all just basic white girls.. there are probably more too but I don't even remember their names!

The only weird part was the manufactured drama during Armani's website graduation - she couldn't find her name, and then she just forwarded to hour 1.2 (of 9 hours!) to see her name announced?!  With that weird music playing?!  

I loved being able to see more dancing overall in this episode but it felt anticlimactic and weird.

I am not sure if that was MTT fault or the schools. I do applaud every university who had to pivot and do a virtual May graduation when for most, for centuries, graduation was in person on campus event.

I do wonder how they got to 9 hours. How long was the real in-person event last year?  Did they call names of every person, every degree, every college , to make one big video? Which mean  the law/medical/Phds would have been a long ways out from the beginning . Most large universities have smaller graduations by college - where they actually call the names, with their own main commencement speakers. 

I think some of the foolery was her mom, wanted to see Armani's face when she saw her name. 

What made up for the technical issue in finding her name , was seeing the big smile on her face. The big smile on her mom's face. Congratulations.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

RE: the COVID 15 lbs that is on some of the vets - I say this about every year, and so do some of the judges.

When the vets appear, they should get handed back their past uniform. Day1, Hour 1.  Any poundage over Kelli's ( and probably Jay's) allowance, well.. sad to say...that is a reason for good-bye

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, sATL said:

RE: the COVID 15 lbs that is on some of the vets - I say this about every year, and so do some of the judges.

When the vets appear, they should get handed back their past uniform. Day1, Hour 1.  Any poundage over Kelli's ( and probably Jay's) allowance, well.. sad to say...that is a reason for good-bye

Which vets have covid 15 lbs?

1 minute ago, Pies said:

Which vets have covid 15 lbs?

the ones that were mentioned in earlier posts... probably not really 15 true lbs - but that seems to be the term for those who kinda gained during quarantine. 

Any body keeping score on who both Charm and Denise said no or maybe too ?

Shannan’s cut was amazing. She didn’t GAF. No tears, no I’ll be back next year, seriously didn’t care. I love her. 

Armani and Elli are my favorites. I can’t remember any of the blondes’ names. They all look the same to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 12/13/2020 at 3:48 PM, sATL said:

THIS!  Judy & Kelli said in an earlier season that they're sick of having that conversation with vets & they should cut them for that.  Then do it!

• Love 7

Sorry Sheridan but someone who was 'raised right by her mama' and 'spent the last two years saying yes ma'am as a rangerette' should know better than to call Kelli 'girl'.  If Angela, who wasn't even American could give Kelli a ma'aming (is that a word?) then so can you. 

Also did I hear right? Did Sheridan say she was 25 last time she tried out and that was a few years ago? So she is 28 / 29 now? 

I love Elli. Shes stunning. Elli and Jada are my faves so far. 

Sydney meh. I don't see what everyone loves about her. 

The episode was horrible and I couldn't get into it. I don't watch 'dance' shows to see college graduations, I watch them to see some dancing! I really wish they would just let us watch each group fully with the same routine so we can actually compare who is doing what. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Sorry Sheridan but someone who was 'raised right by her mama' and 'spent the last two years saying yes ma'am as a rangerette' should know better than to call Kelli 'girl'.  If Angela, who wasn't even American could give Kelli a ma'aming (is that a word?) then so can you. 

Also did I hear right? Did Sheridan say she was 25 last time she tried out and that was a few years ago? So she is 28 / 29 now? 

I love Elli. Shes stunning. Elli and Jada are my faves so far. 

Sydney meh. I don't see what everyone loves about her. 

The episode was horrible and I couldn't get into it. I don't watch 'dance' shows to see college graduations, I watch them to see some dancing! I really wish they would just let us watch each group fully with the same routine so we can actually compare who is doing what. 

From your words to CMT's ears! I don't mind the getting to know the girls a little stuff, but the crying and these stupid little things are just time wasters.  I rewatch the episode most times, and I just mark things like that as things I will ff through and never watch again.  And I love Armani!

On 12/13/2020 at 12:36 PM, sATL said:

I do applaud every university who had to pivot and do a virtual May graduation when for most, for centuries, graduation was in person on campus event.

I do wonder how they got to 9 hours. How long was the real in-person event last year?  Did they call names of every person, every degree, every college , to make one big video? Which mean  the law/medical/Phds would have been a long ways out from the beginning . Most large universities have smaller graduations by college - where they actually call the names, with their own main commencement speakers. 

I think the reason that it took longer was that normally at a graduation, they read a name about every five seconds so they can get through the names pretty quickly. But during virtual graduations like the one we saw, they leave the name up on the screen for longer because that is each student's entire graduation experience. And by giving each student a longer time (I'm guessing 30 seconds to a minute?), they can give each student a more specific time for their family and friends to tune in.

• Useful 3

Shannon was weird in her cut “oh well, I wanted to be a cruise ship dancer anyway”. Way to say the DCC are second choice. Why even bother to bubble? 

What the heck else was she going to do as a dancer during Covid? Broadway's dark; ballet and opera are dark; even Hollywood shut down for months. The NFL is basically the only game in town, entertainment-wise. If she hadn't done the DCC tryout, she would have spent the last 8 months catching up on Netflix like me.

• Love 4
On 12/13/2020 at 4:15 PM, sATL said:

I don't remember ANYTHING.  I thikn the switch to Tuesday NIghts has impacted me... don't have all weekend to think about it!

• LOL 3
On 12/13/2020 at 4:15 PM, sATL said:

No, but I re-watched the episode because Charm seems to speak truth.  I love her!

Jessica- like it

Armani- I love it

Sheridan- sloppy

Darian- you are playing it safe.  You have the moves...(encouraging)

Jada- you got it back there, don't get distracted

Marrisa- you pushed through, you got out of step but you push through.  you got to find the light in your dance.

Annabelle-  then at some point she said she would get rid of the whole group.  All I know is Jada, Marrisa, Annabelle and maybe Alora Rose were in that group but there might have been one more

Elli- (positive) hitting it, Elli!

Sheridan, Claire, Sydney- floating it, just getting it done

Annabelle- fell off for me.  you tired?

AloraRose- you were all over the place for me.  There is a difference between dancing big as possible and wild (Charm, please work with VK)

yes to  Darian, Armani, Elli, Jada, Tori, Dani

(no) thank you to Annabelle, Shannan, Alora, Claire D

• Useful 1
  • Love 4