Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: My Big Fat Broken Heart

• Start Topic

Oh nice, next week there's an intimate conversation between Whitney & Chase coming up.  Just them.....plus the BFFL production crew LOL.  And it looks  like he can't even keep a straight face.  What a relief it must be to be done with her and the show. 

Well looks like she's already got herself a new love interest!  Funny how that happens!  Back on the saddle of phony romance again, eh Whitney??

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Fair or not, the dating pool for extremely obese women is just tiny compared to what most other women could expect. That's just reality.

On 600 lb Life, they seem to be mostly feeders or fat chasers.

• Love 5

Well color me disappointed. I was anxiously expecting to see a blubbering (and blubber-filled) mess of a shit show this episode but it wasn’t quite as dramatic as I had hoped. It took her long enough to spit out what happened with Chase and Babygate. Now we’re going to have to listen to her crying and complaining, in every single fucking episode, about how unfair life is for the Twitster.  Production should at least show her inhaling tons of random junk food to ease her “panic attacks”. That would offset my disappointment. 

Edited by nytonc
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Wow, Martyr Whitney is really annoying. And all the whining about missing out on birthday party! A lot of people didn’t get parties in 2020 - you’re not a child, you can live with just getting good wishes from friends. 

• Love 13

LIES!!!! Uh nooooooooooooooo Twit , Chase did NOT say “he still loves me” during that drive by convo with Heather.  Chase said “ i still CARE about you Whitney” 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

"Well, Whitney, we think what we have here is an anxiety attack. The best thing for that is to stay as still as possible. If you have to get out of bed, make sure someone is there to walk you to the bathroom or down the stairs -very slowly, now! Anxiety is no joke, so remember, absolutely NO EXERCISE for the time being. Maybe in a month or two, you can try taking short walks," said no doctor ever.  It's a perfect prescription for spiraling an anxious person into clinical depression.

Was that Whitney filming herself as she was being taken from the ambulance onto the ER? It looked like footage from a cell phone, and it didn't seem as if anyone else could be getting that angle!

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

And seriously... she went to the ER during a pandemic for a panic attack (which she's had in the past)? What an idiotic heifer! The overworked healthcare workers must have been thrilled to be graced with her presence.

I doubt an actual "panic attack" when the only footage of her in the hospital are selfies.  ETA:  I see @Ketzel caught that as well!!

1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh she is totally throwing Ryan under the bus and I don’t think Ryan is the consoling type. I LOLed when Ashley said “I don’t know whether to be mad at Chase or congratulate him” whit is using the virus and break up as an excuse to not work out. Ryan is right it doesn’t stop her from filming her workout separately 

She said she'd work out when "the doctors" said she could - sorry, not buying it.

1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

And "Buddy the Co-Dependent Enabler" strikes again. Whitney recognizing that her life isn't "fabulous" is a good thing. It's an honest thing. Recognizing that her weight (along with other issues) is a primary reason why she's alone is an honest assessment of her situation. Fair or not, the dating pool for extremely obese women is just tiny compared to what most other women could expect. That's just reality.

So the answer is either accept the situation or make the changes to change it. Taking steps to lose weight isn't betraying her ideals because those ideals just sucked.

You are totally right, but I felt like Buddy was in a hard spot - I'm sure he was picturing angry "big girls" all over his social media if he told her to do something about it.  Giving a friend good, true advice on camera would be hard.  But I said months ago when this all came out that the only way she could save her dignity was to go all "revenge bod" and come back after post-quarantine filming much smaller.  I didn't realize I was asking her to violate her principles 😄 

Edited by princelina
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh she is totally throwing Ryan under the bus and I don’t think Ryan is the consoling type. I LOLed when Ashley said “I don’t know whether to be mad at Chase or congratulate him” whit is using the virus and break up as an excuse to not work out. Ryan is right it doesn’t stop her from filming her workout separately 

I've been working from home since April as are most of the people I know, god knows you can to these things remotely. Hell I was even able to pick up a used pan/tilt/zoom HD video conferencing camera pulled out of some office conference room for not that much money, we video chat with our friends and family life size on our den 65" TV, these are all things within the realm of the possible if Whit gave a shit, they even make ring lights with iPhone docks for like $100, there you go Whit, NoBS Active right from your living room!

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

OOOOO, Whitney's got a new man on the horizon already?  Or was the "surprise visitor" at the end just Lennie again?

It's an ex right?  So that leaves Lennie in need of a new muse for his art, Avi ready to repent and show his face on camera, Roy dumping his boyfriend due to a desire for Whit as his girlfriend, the girl she kissed on her "lesbian date", or that second cousin she met online.  Any bets?  😄 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I loved the "If my mom had been able to stay with me".

Honey, you mom did not have pressing obligations, your own mom was sick of your shit and left. How sad for you.

And why is Buddy delivering groceries to her? There are grocery delivery services that you can use.

Edited by John M
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, DNR said:

LIES!!!! Uh nooooooooooooooo Twit , Chase did NOT say “he still loves me” during that drive by convo with Heather.  Chase said “ i still CARE about you Whitney” 

"Do you love her?"

"Yes."

"Did you ever love me?

"Well, yeah, uh, um, I still care about you Whitney."

I care about my lime tree and when we were getting close to a freeze recently my husband asked me if I wanted to wrap it and I was just like, whatever happens happens. People use strong and more forceful words to describe their love of throw pillows, much less friends, family, pets and romantic partners.

God this is so sad, he can't even pretend for TV anymore.

Edited by John M
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

Buddy being the sense of reason, wow.

"Plenty of fat women have happy marriages."

YES! THEY DO! I KNOW THEM!

Maybe you would find more luck finding a partner if once they looked past your weight the only thing there wasn't an awful personality desperate for any kind of attention, even if it means humiliating yourself. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Welp, you brilliant people have covered the bulk of it, so there’s nothing really left to add except that Chase is DEFS cracking up during the Rest Area Summit, and that Buddy is giving major John C. Reilly vibes in his talking heads. 

image.thumb.jpeg.da53bce04f754921747b264269ee9578.jpeg

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

Welp, you brilliant people have covered the bulk of it, so there’s nothing really left to add except that Chase is DEFS cracking up during the Rest Area Summit, and that Buddy is giving major John C. Reilly vibes in his talking heads. 

image.thumb.jpeg.da53bce04f754921747b264269ee9578.jpeg

Ever since I saw that guy on We Need to Talk About Kevin, I can't see him as anyone else. It was so weird seeing him go from Stepbrothers to that.

• Love 5

So how for how long can they string out this story line?  Next week is called "Whitney Confronts Chase," but hasn't she done that in the past 2 episodes?
I love that U-verse describes her as "a 380-pound dancer and radio host who has learned to embrace her body..."

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

And seriously... she went to the ER during a pandemic for a panic attack (which she's had in the past)? What an idiotic heifer! The overworked healthcare workers must have been thrilled to be graced with her presence.

I went to the ER for a panic attack during a pandemic, and I also have a history of them. It only sounds crazy because it's Whitney. COVID sent me into a heart attack in late June. My only symptoms were feeling jittery and slightly dizzy. It felt VERY similar to panic attacks I've had in the past so I took a warm bath, drank some kratom, and tried to nap. My husband only called the hospital when, hours later, I lost consciousness. My BP was 105/85, my pulse 105. Conversely, a month later I was suddenly struck by a crushing pain in my chest that spread up into my jaw, dizziness, nausea, and a racing heart. I'd never felt anything like it. When the ambulance came my BP (which generally runs low) was 300/115. My pulse was 189. THAT ended up being a panic attack. During my time in the ER, as well as during my hospitalization with the heart attack, the staff repeatedly said the same thing: they were concerned that those with medical emergencies wouldn't come in because they were afraid of the pandemic.

This sounds crazy because it's Whitney. If these were truly symptoms she'd never had before, and they were concerning to her, then she should have received help. Continually elevated BP and heart rate can lead to other things. Her filming on her phone/selfies doesn't necessarily mean anything either. I self recorded a good bit of mine. People in my county refused to believe COVID was dangerous, I was trying to show them how bad it could get. It's not like anyone else could have filmed for me-I had to enter the ER, and later the hospital, alone. Visitors not allowed.

Our hospitals have repeatedly spoken out and encouraging people going to the ER if they think something scary is wrong. They've seen an uptick in strokes, heart attacks, and mental health issues (like suicide attempts). Some of these can be related to anxiety.

If I were Chase's girlfriend then I'd be pissed to hear Whitney telling the world that I hid the pregnancy for months, whether it was true or not.

Also, this episode proved that Whitney lied. When she first announced Chase's baby, she said that he and the ex had hooked up during the pandemic. We knew that wasn't right, though, because quarantine didn't start until late March/early April. She finally admitted that it happened over Christmas. Which leads us to...

Who the heck are the "friends" she went to Paris and Switzerland with? I saw the pictures and didn't recognize them. Where were they during the birthday drive by? I do think that the barnacles are only for filming purposes.

I believe her crying and upset are real. I think they're mostly about embarassment, though. And maybe a big part of her DID think Chase was falling for her.  Whitney's whole life seems to be built around this fake image. Seeing all that falling down may have truly been unnerving.

Naturally, of course, I want to see more of it...

I'm loving Babs getting the heck out of dodge after the ER visit. She'd literally rather risk COVID than to tend to Whitney. I get that. 

All the talking heads seem to have been filmed after they finished filming for this season.

• Love 18

Whitney went to Europe with a couple of fat girl influencers. One lives in CA so she wouldn’t be part of any birthday parade. I don’t remember where the other one is but it wasn’t NC either. 

That said, with or without quarantine,  I agree that she doesn’t see or talk to the Greensboro group that often outside of filming. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 12/7/2020 at 6:56 PM, John M said:

I'm just trying to understand what Whit thinks is appealing about her regularly making a fool of herself on national TV as far as romantic partner is concerned. Sane people generally don't seek out low level fame whores as romantic partners.

You'd think, but Whitney has a huge fanbase that's constantly telling her that everything she does on camera is fabulous. People who are constantly stroking her ego and telling her that she's beautiful, sexy, and "too good" for whatever man they have playing "Whitney's boyfriend" that season. I think a big part of her believes it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, John M said:

I've been working from home since April as are most of the people I know, god knows you can to these things remotely. Hell I was even able to pick up a used pan/tilt/zoom HD video conferencing camera pulled out of some office conference room for not that much money, we video chat with our friends and family life size on our den 65" TV, these are all things within the realm of the possible if Whit gave a shit, they even make ring lights with iPhone docks for like $100, there you go Whit, NoBS Active right from your living room!

She has all of that equipment, from the last episode I saw her in the garage with the ring light and the camera. She's f**king lazy!

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Ketzel said:

"Well, Whitney, we think what we have here is an anxiety attack. The best thing for that is to stay as still as possible. If you have to get out of bed, make sure someone is there to walk you to the bathroom or down the stairs -very slowly, now! Anxiety is no joke, so remember, absolutely NO EXERCISE for the time being. Maybe in a month or two, you can try taking short walks," said no doctor ever.  It's a perfect prescription for spiraling an anxious person into clinical depression.

Was that Whitney filming herself as she was being taken from the ambulance onto the ER? It looked like footage from a cell phone, and it didn't seem as if anyone else could be getting that angle!

My hubby has a legit anxiety disorder with full on panic attacks. The doctors told him to exercise more as it can be helpful for some people. Whit is full of shit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, Bookworm 1979 said:

I can't believe I wasted an hour of my life for this. This season has been so boring! The only thing Whitney is good for right now is motivating me to get my ass off of the couch and exercise.

It really was a snooze fest. I get that trying to make being stuck in your house interesting, but there's only so long that I could watch Whitney spread out on her sofa like a depressed walrus before I started playing Plague Inc on my computer. Pretending to wipe out all of mankind was far more interesting than watching her feel sorry for herself.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

My hubby has a legit anxiety disorder with full on panic attacks. The doctors told him to exercise more as it can be helpful for some people. Whit is full of shit.

This is why I suspect that it's a more significant health issue. Being somewhat dehydrated is a relative quick fix, And those were awfully big pill bottles for anxiety meds. I take Xanax (which I've needed more since my Mom's diagnosis) and it's an itty bitty pill bottle. And my doctors have insisted that I take time for myself (including exercise) to improve my mental outlook.

This whole thing was just dumb. No one (except for Whitney's SM followers) believes that this was real and it's really obvious that this whole thing was scripted. I still believe that the plan was to find a neat incompatibility agreement (or later, to use COVID) as the reason for an eventual tearful breakup, but Chase's real life girlfriend getting pregnant shot a hole in those plans and they've been scrambling to find something where Whitney doesn't look like an idiot (or worse, a fake). The problem for the show is that we can see where the original script ends and where the more recent edits begin. And with the amount of time that supposedly passed between the revelation and the start of the ep, to see Whitney still in full mourning for her "relationship" was kind of silly. It's supposedly weeks or even a few months.

And to see a grown woman whining that she wasn't able to celebrate her birthday was beyond pathetic given everything going on in the world. People are dying and she was upset that her barnacles weren't around to watch her shove an entire cake down her throat? That she needed a drive by birthday that they do for kids in order to cheer her up? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

This is why I suspect that it's a more significant health issue. Being somewhat dehydrated is a relative quick fix, And those were awfully big pill bottles for anxiety meds. I take Xanax (which I've needed more since my Mom's diagnosis) and it's an itty bitty pill bottle. And my doctors have insisted that I take time for myself (including exercise) to improve my mental outlook.

This whole thing was just dumb. No one (except for Whitney's SM followers) believes that this was real and it's really obvious that this whole thing was scripted. I still believe that the plan was to find a neat incompatibility agreement (or later, to use COVID) as the reason for an eventual tearful breakup, but Chase's real life girlfriend getting pregnant shot a hole in those plans and they've been scrambling to find something where Whitney doesn't look like an idiot (or worse, a fake). The problem for the show is that we can see where the original script ends and where the more recent edits begin. And with the amount of time that supposedly passed between the revelation and the start of the ep, to see Whitney still in full mourning for her "relationship" was kind of silly. It's supposedly weeks or even a few months.

And to see a grown woman whining that she wasn't able to celebrate her birthday was beyond pathetic given everything going on in the world. People are dying and she was upset that her barnacles weren't around to watch her shove an entire cake down her throat? That she needed a drive by birthday that they do for kids in order to cheer her up? 

Yes to all of this. I was thinking that she may very well have been told she has serious health issues.  No matter what her diagnosis, I find it difficult to believe a doctor would tell her not to exercise at all, but maybe it explains why in her videos with Jessica she is basically doing exercise like a 600lb life person would do. She wasn’t doing a very difficult workout with Ryan, but she was doing a lot more than with Jessica. 

I was nearly screaming at the TV when we got to the ‘poor me - my birthday’ part. She’s freaking 36 years old!!!! My daughter worked her ass off in college for 4 years to have her graduation day consist of dinner at our house with just us. No graduation. No final days with friends. No party. Nada. Then a couple of months later she spent her 21st birthday the same way. The 21st birthday is not supposed to be at home with mom and dad. You know what she said ‘It’s ok. It’s worse for so many more people.’. So Whitney the bitch can STFU!! 

• Love 15

So, did anyone else catch it when she was having the zoom call with her friends and said she  "went overboard with the post-breakup haircut?"

Post breakup haircut.  Haircut took place around  April 17.  That means that they broke up  WELL before her May 27 post announcement. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

13 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

I get panic attacks on occasion and I've never been advised to just sit around and complain about what an unfair hand I've been dealt in life. I'm wondering if being advised to take it ease (if she actually was instructed to do so) is because of the cardiac issues that we've seen in the past. Because that would justify the 2 (!) visits to the ER in just a few weeks. 

And I'm glad that Chase is being honest (as honest as he can be on this show) by expressing that his loves his GF and he didn't automatically tell Whitney that he'd loved her too. No, he "cared" about her. If that doesn't tell Whitney's sycophants that this was all staged, I don't know what would convince them.

I loved the look on Whitney's face. Like she was thinking "How dare you not feel sorry about my barrenness and that he's with someone who can pop out a baby without trying!"

I think that might have started as a panic attack, but normally ERs will do an EKG and blood work just to rule out any underlying cardiac cause.  The physical symptoms of a panic attack can be very similar.  

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out she was advised to avoid physical exertion whilst they schedule her up for more tests.  It's not uncommon for patients to be referred for outpatient studies, such as a treadmill stress test, if there's any question at all of an underlying heart condition.  

On the other hand (see below)...

13 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Choo Choo!! Hot Mess Express!!! Good Gawd Almighty! What a freak!  I've never been so happy for someone else's unhappiness (even if it's a big charade).

THIS has made all the listening to Twitney caterwaul and carry on worth it!  Yep, stoopid ass.  Go on and meet Chase at a rest stop between Charlotte & Wilmington.  You complete MORON.

Hopefully he'll say: "BUH-BYE YOU FAT STINKY WOMAN!!"

She's already got the DOG calling Buddy "Daddy".....  Just go with it Twit!

And when she called Chase when she got the dog, she said, "Let's call Daddy."  She needs to find a foreign soulmate and go on 90DF or an inmate on LAL, where the term "daddy" is thrown around like one of Whitney's used tissues last night.

12 hours ago, DNR said:

I also noted our Whitney left out the part about Chase saying yes, that he did love the "other woman."

12 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Am I the only one who laughed out loud when Whitney said ‘thank God my mom was here ... but only for a few days she really wanted to go home’. I can practically see the burned rubber marks Babs left fleeing the shitshow she knew was coming. 

Now this where I reconsider my thought that Whitney might have had something cardiac related detected during her ER visit and hence the reason to rest physically.

I don't believe there's any way in hell that Babs would have left Whitney after a couple of days *if* she had something other than a panic attack.  

Which brings me full circle to not knowing what the fuck went on in that ER, but if it was just a panic attack, I can see Babs bouncing the hell out of Dodge rather than listen to Whitney's caterwauling.  

2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Yeah, come sit by me.

I'd bet a week's salary that big jug of pills was not an antianxiety medication.  I've been on Xanax off and on several times over the years.  Xanax (no matter what the milligram) are teeny tiny.  I used to get 90 of the 1 mg in what was probably the smallest prescription bottle available.  Ativan are very small as well.  

That big assed prescription bottle would have held at least a 5-year supply of Xanax.

I'm in CA, so I'm not sure about NC, but our ERs here are notoriously stingy with the medications and it would be extremely unusual for the docs to write for more than a few days' worth of medications, just enough to get the patient through until they can make an appointment to see their primary care physician or, if they don't have one, they're given a list to round one up.  

So, here I am, back at square one, not having a clue what the fuck really went down with Whitney and her bullshit stories.  

I will say, though, that the more curious her explanations get, the less potential sympathy I have for her situation.  

Looking forward to next week, when we'll see Chase trying to hide his smirk from the camera.  He must feel great after shedding 400 pounds.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

People are dying and she was upset that her barnacles weren't around to watch her shove an entire cake down her throat? 

See now you're just being ridiculous. We all know she doesn't even like cake!

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

She sure managed to work herself up into a soggy, self pitying mess during those talking heads. If I didn't pretty much know otherwise, I would have believed it was all real. It was nice to see her enormous arms covered up, though.

I was surprised to hear her say something like 'I'm going to have to be out there looking for another man', and then talking about bariatric surgery (not that I believe she'd ever go there). Buddy looked bored to death and not at all sympathetic. 

That short red dress with the asymmetric hem: NO. Her legs have to weigh 100 lbs. each. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Quick question - how long are extensions supposed to last? Because Whitney's look pretty good for someone who supposedly hasn't seen a hairdresser in months.

I don't know about the rest of the episode but I'm pretty sure in her TH's she's wearing a full on wig. You can't even see the part in her hair and it looks really fake all around the hairline. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

I was surprised to hear her say something like 'I'm going to have to be out there looking for another man', and then talking about bariatric surgery (not that I believe she'd ever go there). Buddy looked bored to death and not at all sympathetic. 

I was liking Buddy (normally can't stand the lump) because he seemed completely over Whitney's fake crying and didn't coddle her at all. 

The friends driving three hours to Charlotte to drive by Whit's with ballons and birthday wishes was sweet but I don't think they would have ever done that if the producers didn't tell them they had to. 

I wish Whit would pay more attention to the dog. That sweet, well trained beautiful dog. She ignores him. Where's the snuggles and petting and kissing? Put a leash on him and go for a nice long walk. You can do that in quarantine, Twitney. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 12

Yeah, those pill bottles looked like the quantity that a PCP or specialist would've prescribed, not an ER doc.

The instructions about physical and emotional exertions sound like something they'd give her after a cardiac event, not a panic attack. They're the same ones I got after my heart attack. I don't think Whitney had one, but she could very well have high blood pressure or a vascular issue and was told to limit physical activity until the medicine kicked into gear. And that's something she most likely wouldn't share with us because she'd be too concerned about people bringing up her weight. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I think that might have started as a panic attack, but normally ERs will do an EKG and blood work just to rule out any underlying cardiac cause.  The physical symptoms of a panic attack can be very similar.  

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out she was advised to avoid physical exertion whilst they schedule her up for more tests.  It's not uncommon for patients to be referred for outpatient studies, such as a treadmill stress test, if there's any question at all of an underlying heart condition.  

On the other hand (see below)...

And when she called Chase when she got the dog, she said, "Let's call Daddy."  She needs to find a foreign soulmate and go on 90DF or an inmate on LAL, where the term "daddy" is thrown around like one of Whitney's used tissues last night.

I also noted our Whitney left out the part about Chase saying yes, that he did love the "other woman."

Now this where I reconsider my thought that Whitney might have had something cardiac related detected during her ER visit and hence the reason to rest physically.

I don't believe there's any way in hell that Babs would have left Whitney after a couple of days *if* she had something other than a panic attack.  

Which brings me full circle to not knowing what the fuck went on in that ER, but if it was just a panic attack, I can see Babs bouncing the hell out of Dodge rather than listen to Whitney's caterwauling.  

Yeah, come sit by me.

I'd bet a week's salary that big jug of pills was not an antianxiety medication.  I've been on Xanax off and on several times over the years.  Xanax (no matter what the milligram) are teeny tiny.  I used to get 90 of the 1 mg in what was probably the smallest prescription bottle available.  Ativan are very small as well.  

That big assed prescription bottle would have held at least a 5-year supply of Xanax.

I'm in CA, so I'm not sure about NC, but our ERs here are notoriously stingy with the medications and it would be extremely unusual for the docs to write for more than a few days' worth of medications, just enough to get the patient through until they can make an appointment to see their primary care physician or, if they don't have one, they're given a list to round one up.  

So, here I am, back at square one, not having a clue what the fuck really went down with Whitney and her bullshit stories.  

I will say, though, that the more curious her explanations get, the less potential sympathy I have for her situation.  

Looking forward to next week, when we'll see Chase trying to hide his smirk from the camera.  He must feel great after shedding 400 pounds.  

I want to say that ER would only give you a couple of doses of antianxiety meds but here in Texas if you antianxiety meds you have to go to a Psychologist  to get those meds

19 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I was liking Buddy (normally can't stand the lump) because he seemed completely over Whitney's fake crying and didn't coddle her at all. 

The friends driving three hours to Charlotte to drive by Whit's with ballons and birthday wishes was sweet but I don't think they would have ever done that if the producers didn't tell them they had to. 

I wish Whit would pay more attention to the dog. That sweet, well trained beautiful dog. She ignores him. Where's the snuggles and petting and kissing? Put a leash on him and go for a nice long walk. You can do that in quarantine, Twitney. 

that one piece red romper she had on was horrid looking

• Love 3

You know, if this is indeed a scripted show, as we all expect, whoever is writing the script must hate Twitney as much as the camera crew that film the unflattering angles.  The whole time I’m watching the show yesterday I’m thinking, just last week you had this attitude like, well if Chase wants ME, he’s going to have to come to Charlotte to get him some of this.  She was sauntering around in his club and his house with her nose in the air like none of that was good enough for her.  She was demanding that he leave his whole life and all he worked for behind just so he could be in Charlotte to watch her wallow on her sofa.

This week, my, my, my how the tables have turned!  Not so arrogant now, are we?  More like a blubbering lump.  The awesome writing of this story makes it look now like when Twit said it was her way or the highway, Chase chose the highway right into his girl friend’s bedroom and fatherhood.  This only highlighted for me what a pompous jerk Twit is and spared me the tediousness of feigning sadness or concern over her ugly crying . . .

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Twit re-writing history. She told Heather and Ashley that Chase said he still loves her. Ummm... No, he didn't, Twit. She asked him on the phone,

Whit :"Are you in a relationship with her"? (regarding baby mama)

Chase: Yes

Twit "Do you love her?"

Chase: Yes

He may have said he loves Twit as a friend or cares about her but she made it sound like "He still loves me" as if there is a shred of hope for them as a couple.  The lies she tells!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Yeah, those pill bottles looked like the quantity that a PCP or specialist would've prescribed, not an ER doc.

The instructions about physical and emotional exertions sound like something they'd give her after a cardiac event, not a panic attack. They're the same ones I got after my heart attack. I don't think Whitney had one, but she could very well have high blood pressure or a vascular issue and was told to limit physical activity until the medicine kicked into gear. And that's something she most likely wouldn't share with us because she'd be too concerned about people bringing up her weight. 

I agree.  Seriously, she is a huge walking risk factor at her size, and she's so deconditioned that she starts huffing and puffing after just 3-4 steps.  I'm thinking they might have advised her to see a cardiologist for further testing (which doesn't mean she will do it because...below).

I'm trying to remember her last trip to the ER in the episode where she had passed out at the dance marathon.  

I recall that ER doc trying to talk to her about her weight and its complications.  She gave lip service and nodded in agreement.

Then I also seem to recall she ordered in pizza or some other unhealthy food as soon as she got home.  

I do recall seeing her eating a salad in this current episode.  Second time I've seen her do that.  Maybe she took this ER visit more seriously.  

Oh, who am I kidding.  This is Whitney we're talking about 😂

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

You know, if this is indeed a scripted show, as we all expect, whoever is writing the script must hate Twitney as much as the camera crew that film the unflattering angles.  The whole time I’m watching the show yesterday I’m thinking, just last week you had this attitude like, well if Chase wants ME, he’s going to have to come to Charlotte to get him some of this.  She was sauntering around in his club and his house with her nose in the air like none of that was good enough for her.  She was demanding that he leave his whole life and all he worked for behind just so he could be in Charlotte to watch her wallow on her sofa.

This week, my, my, my how the tables have turned!  Not so arrogant now, are we?  More like a blubbering lump.  The awesome writing of this story makes it look now like when Twit said it was her way or the highway, Chase chose the highway right into his girl friend’s bedroom and fatherhood.  This only highlighted for me what a pompous jerk Twit is and spared me the tediousness of feigning sadness or concern over her ugly crying . . .

^^^ THIS.  

This is what makes me think that perhaps she was blindsided by this and it wasn't scripted.

Her entire uppity attitude from almost the start of her "dating" Chase, as you described it, with her nose in the air and behaving as if she was suddenly so above the others that she was looking down on them, came back around to bite her in her ample ass.  

I also don't think she's a good enough actress to fake that look of hatred/anger she had going towards Ryan in this episode.  I was waiting for her to hurl a heavy object at him through the glass door.  Then I remembered this is Whitney and that would take some physical effort, so I knew it wouldn't happen.  

BTW, anybody else notice that Ryan appeared to have a pretty big grin on his face as he walked away from that interaction?  It was for all the world the look of a man who had just earned his TLC paycheck and never had to look back.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't know about the rest of the episode but I'm pretty sure in her TH's she's wearing a full on wig. You can't even see the part in her hair and it looks really fake all around the hairline. 

Yea I thought it looked kind of fake too.   This episode was one long boring pity party.  Buddy seems to be doing better, he's more coherent and looks like he lost some weight.  Twit's a mess and her constant need for people to do things for her bothers me.  I guess it was nice that her friends drove 3 hours so they could drive around her house to wish her a happy birthday.  Not that she would ever return the favor.   I see next week is more of the same with a surprise visit from Lenny of all people, wow that has to be real and not scripted at all right?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

BTW, anybody else notice that Ryan appeared to have a pretty big grin on his face as he walked away from that interaction?  It was for all the world the look of a man who had just earned his TLC paycheck and never had to look back.  

And she literally handed him a check through the door.  She mumbled something about him "getting paid".  That grin was telling. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Yea I thought it looked kind of fake too.   This episode was one long boring pity party.  Buddy seems to be doing better, he's more coherent and looks like he lost some weight.  Twit's a mess and her constant need for people to do things for her bothers me.  I guess it was nice that her friends drove 3 hours so they could drive around her house to wish her a happy birthday.  Not that she would ever return the favor.   I see next week is more of the same with a surprise visit from Lenny of all people, wow that has to be real and not scripted at all right?

Seriously, Lenny?  My fucking DVR only showed a few seconds of next week's preview and then cut it off.

WTF is up with this Lenny dude anyway?  

I'd have to double check, but I believe he was even on an episode of Catfish a couple of seasons ago.  

Now he's coming back to this dumpster fire?  

Dude must love his reality TV paydays.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

I had trouble hearing Twit and Chase's phone conversation. What did she say to him that made him say that he wanted to be a part of his daughter's life?

I missed that part but the entire episode had the overall feel that Whitney was upset that he wanted to be part of the baby’s life. I felt like even if he said he still wanted to be with her but wouldn’t abandon his responsibility as a father she would have been ticked. That really annoyed me. What kind of person would want to be with someone who would walk away from their child like that? If my fiance did something like that but wanted to make it work I wouldn’t even question that he would stay in his daughter’s life and frankly if he said he didn’t want to I’d probably be dumping him. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9