Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: My Big Fat Broken Heart

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

She did ask Buddy if she should have bariatric surgery. Could they be setting up the Dr. Now crossover?

18 hours ago, princelina said:

The original premise, from what I recall, was that PCOS had rendered her fat and depressed, but then she danced with Todd just for the joy of it, and when the video went viral and haters started hatin, she realized that she didn't care, and whilst she wanted to be healthy, she didn't want to miss out on life while waiting to achieve the perfect weight.  She didn't even think she necessarily needed to ever be the perfect weight - but told us that she knew extreme obesity was not healthy and she was going to tackle it! So we were treated to episodes, for example, of her going bathing suit shopping for the first time in EVER, and visiting the beach to frolic exuberantly in the waves.  At the same time we were also shown a doctors appt which outlined future problems (like the diabetes!) which were creeping up on her, and which she bravely determined to master.  She did eat healthy for a week or two and brought her blood sugar down a bit, and that's the last we heard of that.  By season 2 she had done nothing towards the fitness/health goals, and that's when she announced to Buddy, on camera, that she "liked being fat" and the shenanigans ensued.  And so it has been for the rest of the seasons.  She did show off working out with Will for a bit,  until he busted her on camera with a car full of junk food wrappers and half of a giant cookie ("But I am trying!  I didn't eat the whole thing!" she bleated through sobs).  Before she bought her house Babs was shown dragging dirty food plates and empty wine bottles out of her room.  Glen opened the hatch of her car to scold her because it was filled with trash, mainly empty fast food wrappers and soda bottles, etc.  And of course the famous eating ice cream in the car, and her three pizza apps which can bring her a tasty treat at any time of the day.  I wouldn't say she went downhill as much as her true behaviors were exposed, and her original goal of getting fit was thrown out the window because it involved effort.  So now she acts like that was never her goal in the first place.

Whitney bringing up weight loss surgery in episode really stuck out to me.  I also recall from the beginning of the series how she would talk a lot about how she had managed to lose 100 pounds before and she wanted to do it again.

What is really interesting by comparison is Rebel Wilson's weight loss over the last year.  I watched her Instagram Live last week and she talked about how she has PCOS and she is genetically predisposed to weight gain (she had the genetic testing done) AND she fully admitted she had been an emotional eater.  She also said not every day or every week was perfect, but over time she made big changes in her eating habits and exercise habits and now she's 5'3" and 165.  I *think Whitney is around the same height.  Granted Rebel went to a special clinic and has trainers, but it is hard for me to see any reason why Whitney Thore of TLC could not do the same with the resources at her disposal.  She COULD do it.  I just don't think she has the determination for it.  Plus being overweight is keeping her (somehow) in a TV show.

I feel the same way about Whitney that I do about a lot of the 600 pound lifers AND Chrissy Metz's character on This is Us.  I would really, really like to see these people give up the ghost, succeed with healthy habits and achieve their weight loss goals.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

but it is hard for me to see any reason why Whitney Thore of TLC could not do the same with the resources at her disposal.  She COULD do it.  I just don't think she has the determination for it.  Plus being overweight is keeping her (somehow) in a TV show.

She absolutely could do it, and frankly, with TLC’s resources behind her, she’d have a relatively easy time of it. They could hire her a nutritionist, chef, and trainers galore. They could sell it as a return to the original premise. I’ve put on a lot of weight during pandemic, and am now looking down the barrel of a hard return to normal; I’d *kill* to have her resources. As with everything about her life, it’s just such a waste! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

She absolutely could do it, and frankly, with TLC’s resources behind her, she’d have a relatively easy time of it. They could hire her a nutritionist, chef, and trainers galore. They could sell it as a return to the original premise. I’ve put on a lot of weight during pandemic, and am now looking down the barrel of a hard return to normal; I’d *kill* to have her resources. As with everything about her life, it’s just such a waste! 

Let’s start with just the basics. Couldn’t she buy a treadmill and walk? Even if she’s worried about being out because of Covid or in a moment of reality realizes that she really can’t walk that far right now (think the 600lb lifers that go for a walk in their driveway) she should be able to get a treadmill. If she can’t do a lot having it right there would mean she could walk a short distance multiple times a day rain or shine. Is she too heavy for a treadmill? I know spin cycles top out around 300lbs but I would think treadmills could handle more. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Let’s start with just the basics. Couldn’t she buy a treadmill and walk? Even if she’s worried about being out because of Covid or in a moment of reality realizes that she really can’t walk that far right now (think the 600lb lifers that go for a walk in their driveway) she should be able to get a treadmill. If she can’t do a lot having it right there would mean she could walk a short distance multiple times a day rain or shine. Is she too heavy for a treadmill? I know spin cycles top out around 300lbs but I would think treadmills could handle more. 

She lives in a relatively warm area and could walk outside, if need be.  Honestly, though, she can't out-train her diet.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, readheaded said:

She lives in a relatively warm area and could walk outside, if need be.  Honestly, though, she can't out-train her diet.  

Sure but the super obese often have issues waking outside alone because of the risk of over exertion or tripping on uneven walkways. And I agree with those who say those pills weren’t for anxiety. She has something major going on physically. So a treadmill could be the safest way to start some exercise besides sitting on the bench and moving her legs.  But who are we kidding. She doesn’t want to get healthy and yes, she can’t out-train her diet. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Leprechaun and skiing, yes, but let’s not forget her attempt to do her signature move, Todd’s reaction,

image.jpeg.ee4834975c575521fdd63bf75a7d4ba0.jpeg

and the fact that she basically got an “award” for lifting her foot 2 inches off the ground.

31D31481-CE62-40C4-83E6-9B6E715C872D.thumb.jpeg.4e32b20af61301cf0d5b5c8f9f7106d5.jpeg

But that is a beautiful arabesque. I am also the Queen of England.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 12/10/2020 at 7:58 AM, 3girlsforus said:

Once again Whitney completely distorts everything to fit her ‘poor me’ storyline. 

First, I have never seen any comments that say her friends are fake or that she’s too fat to have friends. We all know that Heather, Todd, Buddy, Tal etc have been her friends for a long time. What we have said on this forum is that because everyone but Whitney has a life, it does look like she sees these people much outside of filming. This is pretty typical for high school relationships. We’ve also said that these friends all look very tired of playing the ‘blow sunshine up Whitney’s ass’ game. The second they tell Whitney anything remotely true or confrontational (like a real friend would) she shoots daggers at them. We know Heather is sick of the ‘Buddy’s ex-girlfriend’ role. Whitney has enough influence on how the show goes to show Heather as more than that. But she didn’t. I could go on, but we all know the examples. The point is that NEVER has anyone said her friends are fake. She’s just crappy to them and they are getting sick of it. Absolutely none of that has anything to do with her weight. 

As far relationships, yep we’ve said they are fake. That’s because they are and poorly done ones at that. Don’t claim to have a guy in the bag when everyone knows he’s gay. Don’t claim to be engaged to a guy who has been living with another woman for several years (I can’t remember the date someone posted that they moved into the house they are in). Don’t claim a relationship is real when it coincides perfectly with the filming of your TV show. Stop doing crap like that and people will stop saying you hired someone.

And really no one here has said she can’t have a real relationship. As Buddy pointed out, and she tried to ignore, fat people have successful relationships and marriage. It’s harder to attract someone. That’s just reality. But her issue is her lack of anything in her life and her personality. She needs to get off her ass. Get a job. Get a life. Bathe regularly. Wear clothes. Learn to think about someone other than herself. Establish some kind of adult components to her life. Then, even if she’s obese, she could find someone. She said in her whine to Buddy that no one will ever just feel lucky to have her. Well no - probably not. Who would feel happy to have such a narcissist in their lives. But again - that has nothing to do with your weight. 

So no Whitney, try reading comments again. On the whole people are not saying your friendships and relationships are fake because fat people can’t have those things. People are saying that while being obese makes finding a partner harder, your narcissistic, obnoxious personality is what is preventing you from establishing a real relationship and is driving your friends away.

She is like the 90 fiancé folks that claim they cannot meet someone local. Instead they target attractive  desperate men or women from poor countries. They want someone young, fit and hot. They don’t want a partner. They want a hot trophy. Nine times out of ten they are unattractive inside and out and constantly paint themselves as victims . No local would touch them with a ten foot pole. Lennie and Chase were no trophies but she would never look twice at a guy her size. She wants someone thin and attractive. Being an arrogant asshole doesn’t help. What does she have to offer?

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Who at the age of 94, could probably do a better one.
And what I could never understand, is who'd take dance lessons from someone whose feet stayed on the ground.  

Edited by auntjess
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 12/9/2020 at 5:49 PM, Kid said:

OK, I broke down and watched this episode because the title was just too appealing.

Follow me here. She had a panic attack. So the doctors told her not to work out???  In what fucking world does she exist? I have dealt with depression and anxiety my entire life and the first thing they will tell you is to get off your ass and exercise because it creates endorphins that make you feel better. So what a convenient excuse for her to just sit on her ass. She is a piece of work!!

You don't go to an ER and walk out with a 3 month supply of multiple anti-anxiety drugs, either.

On 12/10/2020 at 1:02 PM, Persnickety1 said:

In all honesty, I found it more satisfying than if he had told her "Fuck you, Whitney!" 😂

He was the definition of shit eating grin.

1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I do that when I need to reach something off the top shelf in the closet.

On to the only part of this episode I think was actually legit:

Whitney crying her eyes out about how she's too fat to find a man. She is not happy with her body, she does care a lot that she's fat, and she desperately wishes that she could have all her shitty habits including over eating and be thin. She wasn't sobbing over how fat she is because being fat is fabulous. She very clearly doesn't believe the lies she tells everyone including herself.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Sure but the super obese often have issues waking outside alone because of the risk of over exertion or tripping on uneven walkways. And I agree with those who say those pills weren’t for anxiety. She has something major going on physically. So a treadmill could be the safest way to start some exercise besides sitting on the bench and moving her legs.  But who are we kidding. She doesn’t want to get healthy and yes, she can’t out-train her diet. 

My point is that she could get the exercise she would need to lose weight if she walked outside for a short amount of time.  Dr. Now's 600 pounders walk outside for exercise and given that Whitney's able to navigate a barbell, she'd probably be ok walking outside for 15 minutes.

But, like you said, she doesn't want to do what it takes whether it be exercise or not eating 3,000 calories a day.

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 5
On 12/9/2020 at 12:18 PM, bichonblitz said:

I wish Whit would pay more attention to the dog. That sweet, well trained beautiful dog. She ignores him. Where's the snuggles and petting and kissing? Put a leash on him and go for a nice long walk. You can do that in quarantine, Twitney. 

That's been bothering me, too.  Is the dog a rescue?  The dog seems to have no interest whatever in Whitney, and I wondered if it might have a miserable past that's keeping it wary of a new guardian.  But she sure seems to have zero interest in snuggling, playing with, walking that poor dog.  She seems to have a good relationship with the cats (and they with her); I wonder if she got the dog to help her compete with Chase's dog for his affection.

And I'd like to see her get bariatric surgery!  Assuming Dr. Now's approach is typical, she'd have to lose weight before she could qualify for the surgery.  That doctor's office would be a revolving door in that case.  Although I suspect that a big chunk of the audience for weight-loss shows is overweight people, so she ought to know, but she seems like she's another one who believes you get the surgery and hey presto! instant weight loss.

And I ask again:  So Chase and Whitney never had sex?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Mothra said:

That's been bothering me, too.  Is the dog a rescue?  The dog seems to have no interest whatever in Whitney, and I wondered if it might have a miserable past that's keeping it wary of a new guardian.  But she sure seems to have zero interest in snuggling, playing with, walking that poor dog.  She seems to have a good relationship with the cats (and they with her); I wonder if she got the dog to help her compete with Chase's dog for his affection.

To answer your last question first - I doubt it because he had a girlfriend and was acting a role as her boyfriend.  But I feel like she did at least imply last year that they did - as one would when pretending to have a boyfriend 😄 

As far as the dog goes - maybe that's a fake relationship too, and she just borrowed him from somewhere for instagram posts after she and Chase "broke up" and for this season.  I did find it weird that she was all "last month I started thinking I might like to have a poodle" and then she just has one - it just sounded weird.  If I had believed she and Chase were planning to get married and live together I would have found it weird that she just told him she wanted a poodle and he said "Cool!  Get one!" when he already had a dog.

Edited by princelina
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Mothra said:

I’m going to guess yes, but that depends on if we have the same definition of “had sex”.

6 hours ago, Mothra said:

That's been bothering me, too.  Is the dog a rescue? 

I’m guessing no.  Because:

She’s an OVERsharer of information to her social media sources yet not one peep on any of it for how she got the dog.  Any rescue organization I’ve been acquainted with has very specific adoption criteria including interviews and home visits before the adoption.  “My latest on-screen romance has a dog so I want one” is not a legitimate reason to place a dog in her care and control.  Remember when she adopted a pig?

Rescue organizations tend to absolutely love publicity, especially if it is free and includes someone with some measure of popularity adopting a pet from them...again, radio silence.  Back to the pig-I think that adoption process was pretty well documented.

I can’t imagine anyone in their right mind deciding that she would be a good forever home for that dog and if so, shame on them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, readheaded said:

Was it just me, or did Todd look like he had a fuller head of hair in this episode?

Almost everyone now has a fuller head of hair.  I was noticing it on a new Paula Zahn mystery last night.  She didn't look bad, but you realized make-up folks weren't standing right by between shots.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Almost everyone now has a fuller head of hair.  I was noticing it on a new Paula Zahn mystery last night.  She didn't look bad, but you realized make-up folks weren't standing right by between shots.

No kidding. I usually get it cut November or so to a length that I can blow it straight and look good for the holidays.  Then I don’t get it cut once more  around March before letting it grow for the summer because it’s hot and I put it in a ponytail all summer.  Since I didn’t foresee prolonged inability to get my haircut, I didn’t make a point of getting my March cut early enough and everything closed. I FINALLY got a hair cut 2 weeks ago, basically a year since my last one. My hair is thick and curly. I looked like Cousin It. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Mothra said:

Hard to say. I work for a fairly large animal rescue organization in our state (we run a kitten rescue on our farm, but also foster dogs). On the one hand I don't know of any puppy mills that sell full-grown dogs. On the other hand, if she'd gotten it from an animal shelter or a humane society then I don't know why she wouldn't publicly name them. However, Whitney can be polarizing so perhaps she adopted her from a rescue organization that asked NOT to be named (that does happen). 

Not all animal shelters have an application process. You can still walk into some, pay a fee, and walk out with a dog on the same day. IMO she either did this or she paid a rehoming fee to a private individual who no longer wanted the dog. 

I was upset that she apparently changed her name. This is an adult dog who presumably had a name to start with. We never change names unless we honestly don't know it. The poor animal's already confused and disoriented. 

If she'd gone through our org we would've recommended a low-energy breed. COVID's already restricting our movements to some extent, but Whit's not active to begin with. 

• Love 6
On 12/11/2020 at 6:55 PM, auntjess said:

Who at the age of 94, could probably do a better one.
And what I could never understand, is who'd take dance lessons from someone whose feet stayed on the ground.  

This has always always always been my question about her and her BGDC group.  Who in their right minds would take any kind of dance class from an overweight and very unhealthy woman such as Whitney?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, auntjess said:

Oh, I meant like his hair was much thinner  before and now he doesn’t look as bald, not so much the reduced grooming resulting from COVID. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Juliet2020 said:

This has always always always been my question about her and her BGDC group.  Who in their right minds would take any kind of dance class from an overweight and very unhealthy woman such as Whitney?  

I thought BGDC was really just for the show, so I guess mostly it would just be people that wanted to be on TV or get a check.  With that said, I actually think if she put a real effort into it she could have had real classes. I mean people did sign up for NOBSACTIVE and people do go on her cruise.  She does actually have fans, but I think a lot of them probably are paying to interact with her as opposed to lose weight or learn to dance, but I think some people would sign up for her classes because she’s probably not intimidating in the sense that a lot of her fans probably feel their on her level physically or she understands what it’s like to be fat, whereas some other “trainers”/“teachers” might not.  As far as being in their right minds that might be somewhat subjective 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Juliet2020 said:

If it had been a real thing I think people would have gone for the fun of it - lots of people claim to not like fit instructors because they find them intimidating.  And when the show first started she did make it look like it could be fun.  It was kind of the theme of the original show premise - you don't have to be thin to get out there and do things 🙂 

• Love 7

I'm sorry, but she isn't much of a teacher. I have never seen her break down the routine into separate parts, teach each one and build upon them as the class is confident in the simple steps. She seems to rely on "5,6,7,8 wiggle, hair flip, twerk, hand pose"

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, princelina said:

If it had been a real thing I think people would have gone for the fun of it - lots of people claim to not like fit instructors because they find them intimidating.  And when the show first started she did make it look like it could be fun.  It was kind of the theme of the original show premise - you don't have to be thin to get out there and do things 🙂 

Yea, there use to be (maybe still is?) a company called Curves that basically advertised itself as a gym for overweight and/or older women. I could easily see that with a little work Whit could have franchised BGDC into a dance-based gym targeting a similar group looking for a fun, no pressure experience. I bet it would be popular among her fans who are typically younger overweight women who follow "fat acceptance" but still want to be seen as active and/or fabulous.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, alabetser said:

Yea, there use to be (maybe still is?) a company called Curves that basically advertised itself as a gym for overweight and/or older women. I could easily see that with a little work Whit could have franchised BGDC into a dance-based gym targeting a similar group looking for a fun, no pressure experience. I bet it would be popular among her fans who are typically younger overweight women who follow "fat acceptance" but still want to be seen as active and/or fabulous.

Yeah,  I tried  Curves for a couple of weeks. It was one of the "Silver Sneakers " options included with my Medicare Advantage plan.

Never been so bored in my life --- but that’s just me. I didn't find it the least bit challenging. 

• Love 2
On 12/12/2020 at 4:26 PM, PearlClutcher said:

She's nothing but a giant child.  She cries that maybe if she wasn't fat, she'd still have Chase or somebody.   Truthfully I don't think it's because she's fat.  She's a slob who doesn't look clean half the time.  Wear something that flatters you for once instead of skin-tight Lycra that accentuates every roll and piece of cellulite.  The haphazard top knot and stupid glasses, ugh.  Pull yourself together.  I had an aunt who was large and quite the dish.  She took care of her appearance and didn't walk like a rhino.  She didn't whine and she had men who were interested and proposed.  

That whole bit though was her true feelings about being fat. She's miserable being fat. If she could snap her fingers and be 120 pounds she would, but it takes actual work so instead she'll just cry about it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 12/11/2020 at 8:23 PM, cherenkov said:

You don't go to an ER and walk out with a 3 month supply of multiple anti-anxiety drugs, either.

So somehow I missed the pills but I will track it down and watch again. I am wondering if maybe she is on Metformin, big giant pills in a big giant bottle. I take 2000mg of the ER version and it is 4 pills a day. It doesn't come in 1000/2000mg tabs. I have PCOS, insulin resistance and Type 2. been this way since 16. Gained about 40lbs, got my period (not regular) and felt like shit at 16. Didn't have a regular cycle until 30 or so and was never able to conceive. Metformin is a pretty regular prescription for prediabetics or even those with PCOS and no diabetes. By the way somehow I've managed for 30 years to not be 300lbs. I am 5'8" and 182, not skinny but...

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, spacefly said:

So somehow I missed the pills but I will track it down and watch again. I am wondering if maybe she is on Metformin, big giant pills in a big giant bottle. I take 2000mg of the ER version and it is 4 pills a day. It doesn't come in 1000/2000mg tabs. I have PCOS, insulin resistance and Type 2. been this way since 16. Gained about 40lbs, got my period (not regular) and felt like shit at 16. Didn't have a regular cycle until 30 or so and was never able to conceive. Metformin is a pretty regular prescription for prediabetics or even those with PCOS and no diabetes. By the way somehow I've managed for 30 years to not be 300lbs. I am 5'8" and 182, not skinny but...

This makes sense. I know people on SM have responded to some of her posts suggesting Metformin. She responded that she has in the past but implied that she wasn’t anymore. I can’t remember what Whitney-type excuse she used for stopping but I remember it sounded lame. Maybe after whatever really happened in the ER they told her to get back on it. Since it’s associated with diabetes, it’s likely she’d hide having to be on it. At one point a few years ago she referred to be prediabetic but never mentioned it again and acted like she fixed that when what I suspect really happened was that it developed into full diabetes. And that’s assuming she wasn’t diabetic back when she claimed she was pre-diabetic. 

• Love 4
On 12/11/2020 at 5:18 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Honestly, she can walk all the ding-dong day and she'll still be enormous until she stops stuffing absolute shit into her piehole. 

What she needs to do is keep a food diary for two weeks. If she's an emotional eater, she can put a smiley/emotion face next to what she ate. But we all know she's had a metric fuckton of dieting and exercise advice, and she's too selfish and petulant to follow any of it. She should just get the damn weight loss surgery because it's a quick fix and that's the only thing she wants in life.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Honestly, she can walk all the ding-dong day and she'll still be enormous until she stops stuffing absolute shit into her piehole. 

What she needs to do is keep a food diary for two weeks. If she's an emotional eater, she can put a smiley/emotion face next to what she ate. But we all know she's had a metric fuckton of dieting and exercise advice, and she's too selfish and petulant to follow any of it. She should just get the damn weight loss surgery because it's a quick fix and that's the only thing she wants in life.

Here's the thing... it's NOT a quick fix. Any reputable bariatric surgeon would require her to lose weight  before the surgery,  and you know she  wouldn't.  Also, it's not  "one and done." It's a lifetime  commitment.  There's a woman at my gym who had the surgery about 20 years ago.  It worked  --- for a few years.  Then she got complacent/lazy and stopped  watching her diet, not exercising as much. She is now even bigger than when she had the surgery.  If you can imagine,  she's even bigger than  Twit.  She's about 5'7" and I'd put her close to  500#. Butt wings and all. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Here's the thing... it's NOT a quick fix. Any reputable bariatric surgeon would require her to lose weight  before the surgery,  and you know she  wouldn't.  

Right - but to Sweatney, it *IS* a quick fix. She doesn't get that it's dedication because she doesn't understand that word. She thinks she can just have a surgeon wave his or her magic wand and BOOM. She'll be thin enough to land a husband! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, spacefly said:

So somehow I missed the pills but I will track it down and watch again.

She pulls a big pill bottle out of a Ziplock bag while she's on the couch after her trip to the ER for the "panic attack" episode as if this is medication prescribed to her in relation to that.

• Love 2

Quick question - how long are extensions supposed to last? Because Whitney's look pretty good for someone who supposedly hasn't seen a hairdresser in months.

It depends on the type of extension and how fast your hair grows. Whitney used to have tape-ins. Those can last a long time but you have to go in about every 6 - 8 weeks to have them moved up (when they are first put in, they are not quite at your scalp, but close. As your hair grows, they move down and you have them moved back up). The extensions Whitney has now don't seem quite as visible. She could have hand sewn, which again, last awhile but you have to go and have them moved up as your hair grows. I currently have Great Lengths, which are applied in tiny pieces, and the bond is created with keratin. I can only use them once but they last about five months and they don't have to be moved once applied. My hair grows fast though - some people get 6 - 8 months out of them.

Hard to say. I work for a fairly large animal rescue organization in our state (we run a kitten rescue on our farm, but also foster dogs). On the one hand I don't know of any puppy mills that sell full-grown dogs. On the other hand, if she'd gotten it from an animal shelter or a humane society then I don't know why she wouldn't publicly name them. However, Whitney can be polarizing so perhaps she adopted her from a rescue organization that asked NOT to be named (that does happen). 

Not all animal shelters have an application process. You can still walk into some, pay a fee, and walk out with a dog on the same day. IMO she either did this or she paid a rehoming fee to a private individual who no longer wanted the dog. 

I assumed the dog was a rescue as well because I don't know where one would go to buy an adult dog. It definitely could be a dog from a shelter or a rescue; sometimes those dogs are very well trained. I used to volunteer with a rescue and we would get owner give-ups for one reason or another and the dog had been trained and well cared for - there was just some circumstance that led to the dog needing a new home. Our fosters would also work on training the dogs to make them more adoptable. I agree that a rescue and/or shelter may ask not to be named. I'd be interested to know more about where the dog came from and what her background is. She does seem like a sweetie.

She could also have gotten the dog on Craigslist (or a PA might have done all the leg work). A LOT of people sell/rehome their pets that way and I hate it - but it could have been how she got an adult poodle so quickly.

Other overweight and unhealthy people? I'm overweight and I'd much rather take a dance class from someone who looks like me than someone who is thin and can dance circles around me. And if said dance teacher didn't have a tv show (which Whitney didn't when she started BGDC), I'd have no way of knowing whether she was reasonably healthy or not. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I agree that a rescue and/or shelter may ask not to be named.

I’ll go along with the idea that the rescue/shelter doesn’t want HER publicity...but she’s such a social media whore that I think she’d still brag on it, if that’s indeed what she did,  and just leave off the name of the organization.  I’m inclined to believe she got it off of Craigslist or some such.

• Love 2
On 12/8/2020 at 9:59 PM, goofygirl said:

Choo Choo!! Hot Mess Express!!! Good Gawd Almighty! What a freak!  I've never been so happy for someone else's unhappiness (even if it's a big charade).

THIS has made all the listening to Twitney caterwaul and carry on worth it!  Yep, stoopid ass.  Go on and meet Chase at a rest stop between Charlotte & Wilmington.  You complete MORON.

Hopefully he'll say: "BUH-BYE YOU FAT STINKY WOMAN!!"

She's already got the DOG calling Buddy "Daddy".....  Just go with it Twit!

Did you hear her backpedal when she got called out on calling Buddy Daddy? “Uh, that’s just because...”

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I love the spin that a one time hook-up with an ex resulted in Chase becoming a father.  It's fun to add, "because it's his girlfriend", to most of the explanations given on this show.  Twit also wanted to redirect the storyline to be that Chase would be "active in the child's life", like a distanced co-parent, but then we have him flat out say that he's with the girl and he loves her.  Yes!!

I can't remember, are Chase and the girlfriend engaged?  Or did they even get married?

Chase was in on this heist from the beginning.  Twit's knowledge is debatable.  But I do think that regardless, even if it was fake, there's a certain amount of true depresssion that has sprung even from that.  She knows she has to fake a relationship.  She can't find a real one.  And even with a fake one, she has to watch a thin and pretty girl "win" over her yet again.  It's absolutely humiliating.  I still don't feel bad for her though.  She could take this show in so many better directions and yet this is the one she chose.   

• Love 11
On 12/14/2020 at 7:35 PM, cherenkov said:

She pulls a big pill bottle out of a Ziplock bag while she's on the couch after her trip to the ER for the "panic attack" episode as if this is medication prescribed to her in relation to that.

So I watched this again and that is the same size bottle my Metformin comes in. I take 2000mg/day and the ER (Extended Release) dose is 500mg/pill. So for me there are 120 pills in the bottle and they are huge pills. Sometimes they squeeze them into the squat wide mouth bottle but more often than not they are in the tall one.

ETA: My husband is on a few anxiety and depression meds and not none of them comes in that size bottle and on most (Xanax & Trazadone)they don't give more than 30 days at a time and when he was on Clonazepam the pills were even smaller and a gain controlled. So yeah I don't think those are anxiety meds.

Edited by spacefly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

She’s such a big fat liar! According to her, Twit’s weight is from PCOS.  She doesn’t “eat all day” according to her statements (lies) in the past! Well hello!!! Weight loss surgery is for people who cannot control their appetite and they get most of their stomach cut out! Which I think is wonderful for people to lose weight and get healthy! My question to Twit is...Why would you need surgery If you don’t have a problem with food and it’s from your PCOS??? Hmmm! 🧐🧐🥸🥸

Edited by kaia77
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, kaia77 said:

She’s such a big fat liar! According to her, Twit’s weight is from PCOS.  She doesn’t “eat all day” according to her statements (lies) in the past! Well hello!!! Weight loss surgery is for people who cannot control their appetite and they get most of their stomach cut out! Which I think is wonderful for people to lose weight and get healthy! My question to Twit is...Why would you need surgery If you don’t have a problem with food and it’s from your PCOS??? Hmmm! 🧐🧐🥸🥸

I think she is grasping at straws. All the romance storylines have failed she must be so desperate to keep the show going that throwing out the possibility of bariatric surgery to lose weight is a last resort. We all know the Twit doesn't have willpower to go through the pre surgery weight loss required so some "tragedy" will befall her that keeps it from happening. So she sucks another season out of it...gaaah this woman is just beyond the beyond of believing...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, kaia77 said:

Yep. Whitney is full of shit. Although PCOS can make it difficult, we've seen her stuff her face and hide food containers in her car. All her weight gain is not from PCOS alone and yes, she lies lies lies over what she eats. Whitney is a food addict--the sooner she admits and faces that, the better off she'll be. I'd actually have some respect for her if she came out and admitted that (and also admitted that her life is NOT fabulous). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I think she is grasping at straws.

Her facade slipped and she's finally showing that she is not happy being fat. Everything about her life, including this show, is her trying to convince herself otherwise. She is miserable. And still eating her feelings.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

Her facade slipped and she's finally showing that she is not happy being fat. Everything about her life, including this show, is her trying to convince herself otherwise. She is miserable. And still eating her feelings.

Telling comment from her when she confronted  Chase: "I was gonna have a life!" 

Um...... I thought you already had a big fat fabulous one?

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Telling comment from her when she confronted  Chase: "I was gonna have a life!" 

Um...... I thought you already had a big fat fabulous one?

This episode shows exactly how miserable Whitney really is, and that she has no interest in doing anything difficult to work on herself.

happiness.jpg.9c8683341864b1d5c39ac324ab6e73b4.jpg

• Love 7
On 12/14/2020 at 3:48 PM, lightninggirl said:

But that isn't a quick fix. After watching Dr. Now work with countless huge people, Step #1 always is, "I want you to follow this 1200/day diet, closely watch what you eat. Exercise and LOSE 50 POUNDS IN THE NEXT TWO MONTHS". It's never "snip...ZAP!" A miracle! {cue Angels Singingk - no wait, that's another show entirely}

But it would be TV GOLD to watch Dr. Now and Whitney go at it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Not Buyin It said:

But that isn't a quick fix. After watching Dr. Now work with countless huge people, Step #1 always is, "I want you to follow this 1200/day diet, closely watch what you eat. Exercise and LOSE 50 POUNDS IN THE NEXT TWO MONTHS". It's never "snip...ZAP!" A miracle! {cue Angels Singingk - no wait, that's another show entirely}

But it would be TV GOLD to watch Dr. Now and Whitney go at it.

Right - as I responded to someone else above, Sweatney thinks it is. When I heard her say that I was like, "girrrrrl." I'm sure she just thinks she can just get put under and BAM - she rolls out of surgery with a goddamn christmas weight loss MIRACLE. I have had 3 friends who have had weight loss surgeries, and one is pretty much exactly Sweatney's size and build, and 6 years later? She's exactly Sweatney's same size and build. The other two have lost and maintained, but my Sweatney-lookalike (with an amazingly kind and wonderful personality WITH a husband!) did not lose enough weight for it to actually be noticeable. 😢

I am also sure that Sweatney thinks that Dr. Now magically would produce a husband for her post-op, too. 🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Right - as I responded to someone else above, Sweatney thinks it is. When I heard her say that I was like, "girrrrrl." I'm sure she just thinks she can just get put under and BAM - she rolls out of surgery with a goddamn christmas weight loss MIRACLE. I have had 3 friends who have had weight loss surgeries, and one is pretty much exactly Sweatney's size and build, and 6 years later? She's exactly Sweatney's same size and build. The other two have lost and maintained, but my Sweatney-lookalike (with an amazingly kind and wonderful personality WITH a husband!) did not lose enough weight for it to actually be noticeable. 😢

I am also sure that Sweatney thinks that Dr. Now magically would produce a husband for her post-op, too. 🙄

What's the statistic they quote on M600PL? The  long term  success rate is 5%

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Colleenna said:

What's the statistic they quote on M600PL? The  long term  success rate is 5%

Yup. Because people who get themselves into that situation are not willing to do the horrifically hard work to fix the mess they've gotten themselves into. Whitney's no different from the many women on that show who declare, "Dr Now doesn't know MY body! I know how to do this...I don't need Dr. Now's strict diet. I don't need physical therapy/mental health therapy. I. Know. Better."

On 12/16/2020 at 8:14 AM, spacefly said:

So I watched this again and that is the same size bottle my Metformin comes in. I take 2000mg/day and the ER (Extended Release) dose is 500mg/pill. So for me there are 120 pills in the bottle and they are huge pills. Sometimes they squeeze them into the squat wide mouth bottle but more often than not they are in the tall one.

ETA: My husband is on a few anxiety and depression meds and not none of them comes in that size bottle and on most (Xanax & Trazadone)they don't give more than 30 days at a time and when he was on Clonazepam the pills were even smaller and a gain controlled. So yeah I don't think those are anxiety meds.

Ditto for my experience with metformin.  Mine were 500 mg tablets, same size bottle for a 30-day supply.  I pointed this out to Mini Persnickety last night when Whitney came into the kitchen holding the prescription bottle to take a pill before breakfast.  I had to take my metformin with meals, so a light bulb went off in my stroke-addled brain.  

Sure, she could be taking it for her PCOS...but I also find it entirely possible that she could have gone from prediabetic to diabetic.  

It might also explain why Buddy is attempting to feed her healthier now (seeing her actually eat salads and "healthy" pizza is a change).  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

t might also explain why Buddy is attempting to feed her healthier now (seeing her actually eat salads and "healthy" pizza is a change).  

No, no, we've seen her eat salad before - I recall her ordering her "usual" salad from some delivery service with a cute delivery driver a couple of seasons ago. It had a base of macaroni, lots of mayonnaise and ranch dressing and was covered with crumbled real bacon. I'm pretty sure there was a lettuce leaf or two, also, but nothing she couldn't push aside to get to the hardcore carbs and fats!  

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 7