Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: My Big Fat Broken Heart

• Start Topic

Airs December 8, 2020

After months of quarantine and struggling with panic attacks, Whitney is still reeling after hearing that Chase is having a baby with another woman. She turns to Buddy for comfort.

31 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Months of quarantine? On the last episode we were only into the first few days of quarantine.  Guess there was nothing worth documenting for all that time.

On the ep, they showed a screen saying that because of the pandemic, filming was shut down so that would explain the time jump. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Why is Buddy going to comfort Whitney?  Shouldn’t he be SCARING her!  I wonder after the Chase outcome, if Whitney wishes TLC had paid she had fallen in love with another one of Ryan’s random other friends.  

If I recall correctly, one of the Ryan options was a conservative Republican, who did not align with Whit's political views, one was involved with the woman he married a few weeks ago, and one was apparently put off by the enthusiasm with which Whit attempted to court him (that NoBSactive clip, where Whitney twerked in front of him, while Ryan was attempting to lead an exercise.) I think Ryan was running out of options when he got to Chase. 🙂  And, as we all know, even if Ryan had lined up every member of his fraternity, past and present, whoever Whitney picked would have fled the scene sooner or later.  TLC would never be willing to pay enough to keep any sane man in the role, once he had experienced the reality that is MBFFL.

(I predict Buddy's idea of comfort will look kind of scary, to me, at least.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

If I recall correctly, one of the Ryan options was a conservative Republican, who did not align with Whit's political views, one was involved with the woman he married a few weeks ago, and one was apparently put off by the enthusiasm with which Whit attempted to court him (that NoBSactive clip, where Whitney twerked in front of him, while Ryan was attempting to lead an exercise.) I think Ryan was running out of options when he got to Chase. 🙂  And, as we all know, even if Ryan had lined up every member of his fraternity, past and present, whoever Whitney picked would have fled the scene sooner or later.  TLC would never be willing to pay enough to keep any sane man in the role, once he had experienced the reality that is MBFFL.

Is there a link to the Whitney twerking in front of the dude clip? I somehow missed it and now I want to see it.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Is there a link to the Whitney twerking in front of the dude clip? I somehow missed it and now I want to see it.

Taking my response to the Social Media forum. 🙂

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

The only guy I remember anyone talking about was the “Thanksgiving bra” guy.  I do wonder what Buddy’s pay is for having to comfort Whitney.  Actually I’ve always wonder if the barnacles get paid the same.  Like, I feel Buddy should get paid more this episode for “comforting” Whitney.  Todd should still get paid for the chub rub instance.  

Since they mention Whitney’s panic attacks, was the first one shown on the show the fight with Todd over BGDC.  I hope this doesn’t turn into a bash session of Chase and Ryan, since most people knows this is all fake. I’m guessing the Barnacles will run to Whits defense and tell us how great she is.  I wish Buddy or anyone could point out the real reasons she has to have these preposterous “relationships”, but we saw how Buddy got his head bitten off trying to tell her hurdling over logs wasn’t a great idea.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Not gonna lie... I'm looking forward to laughing at how pathetic the show is going to be in trying to keep painting this as a real romance gone tragically wrong for Whitney.

Here's what I will be watching for: the length of  Twit's hair when she gets "the phone call." 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I'm just trying to understand what Whit thinks is appealing about her regularly making a fool of herself on national TV as far as romantic partner is concerned. Sane people generally don't seek out low level fame whores as romantic partners.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, auntjess said:

I hope Buddy doesn't fall off the wagon because of her.
It occurs to me that Dr. Pimple Popper does liposuction.  I don't know what the limits of that are, but...

Current  medical guidelines set a limit of about 11 lbs per extraction. I'm sure there's probably a waiting period between  extractions as well.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

We got some disappointing news with my mom - she's hospitalized with an infection and we thought she'd be discharged tomorrow but they don't think she's ready to come home. So I need something to put a malicious smile on my face.

The schadenfreude is going to be delicious.

• Love 2

So they're just diving right in. Glad that they're not dragging this out. 

Translation: "His real life girlfriend who is small and pretty and fertile got pregnant and we hid this as long as we could for the sake of this fake-ass storyline, but the cat's out of the bag now and I look like a flaming idiot."

• LOL 11
  • Love 6

My opinion of Glenn is really dropping at him not wearing a mask. Sure, stay apart for weeks but don't take the smallest precaution when you go outside. This whole family (with the possible exception of Hunter) don't have the good sense that the Gods gave a rock.

And seriously... she went to the ER during a pandemic for a panic attack (which she's had in the past)? What an idiotic heifer! The overworked healthcare workers must have been thrilled to be graced with her presence.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16

Not a surprise that savy business woman Whitney is going to ditch her very successful business partner because he's too close to her ex. She's right that she can't be around him when he's violating the covid shutdown rules, but he was 1000% right that she needs to get off the couch, stop moping and focus on something other than doing her best Camille impression. 

They're making it clear that quite a bit of time has passed since Whit got the news and she's still crying and whining about how awful this all is. There comes a point when you have to pick yourself up and move on with your life. 

Quick question - how long are extensions supposed to last? Because Whitney's look pretty good for someone who supposedly hasn't seen a hairdresser in months.

• Love 11

Oh she is totally throwing Ryan under the bus and I don’t think Ryan is the consoling type. I LOLed when Ashley said “I don’t know whether to be mad at Chase or congratulate him” whit is using the virus and break up as an excuse to not work out. Ryan is right it doesn’t stop her from filming her workout separately 

• Love 13

Heather is a better person than Whit. Perhaps Heather should hang out with Chase, lie about it and then complain about her not getting over it. That would be just desserts since Whit treated Heather like shit and tried to hook up with Buddy right after they broke up.  

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh she is totally throwing Ryan under the bus and I don’t think Ryan is the consoling type. I LOLed when Ashley said “I don’t know whether to be mad at Chase or congratulate him” whit is using the virus and break up as an excuse to not work out. Ryan is right it doesn’t stop her from filming her workout separately 

Whitney looked like she wanted to strangle Ashley through the screen lol

• LOL 13

I get panic attacks on occasion and I've never been advised to just sit around and complain about what an unfair hand I've been dealt in life. I'm wondering if being advised to take it ease (if she actually was instructed to do so) is because of the cardiac issues that we've seen in the past. Because that would justify the 2 (!) visits to the ER in just a few weeks. 

And I'm glad that Chase is being honest (as honest as he can be on this show) by expressing that his loves his GF and he didn't automatically tell Whitney that he'd loved her too. No, he "cared" about her. If that doesn't tell Whitney's sycophants that this was all staged, I don't know what would convince them.

4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

LOLed when Ashley said “I don’t know whether to be mad at Chase or congratulate him”

I loved the look on Whitney's face. Like she was thinking "How dare you not feel sorry about my barrenness and that he's with someone who can pop out a baby without trying!"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

And seriously... she went to the ER during a pandemic for a panic attack (which she's had in the past)? What an idiotic heifer! The overworked healthcare workers must have been thrilled to be graced with her presence.

I can't believe I'm defending Whitney, but at her size, anything medical could kill her, no? Not that that's how she would phrase it, of course. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

And "Buddy the Co-Dependent Enabler" strikes again. Whitney recognizing that her life isn't "fabulous" is a good thing. It's an honest thing. Recognizing that her weight (along with other issues) is a primary reason why she's alone is an honest assessment of her situation. Fair or not, the dating pool for extremely obese women is just tiny compared to what most other women could expect. That's just reality.

So the answer is either accept the situation or make the changes to change it. Taking steps to lose weight isn't betraying her ideals because those ideals just sucked.

3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I had my heart broken really badly once. We were together for almost 3 years and I was only 22. I admit I cried a lot but I think I carried on less than this.

I broke up with someone that I was seriously considering marriage with and knew that while it hurt at the moment, it was the right thing to do. I somehow managed to survive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

I broke up with someone that I was seriously considering marriage with and knew that while it hurt at the moment, it was the right thing to do. I somehow managed to survive.

Oh yea if we had stayed together it would have been a disaster 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I had my heart broken really badly once. We were together for almost 3 years and I was only 22. I admit I cried a lot but I think I carried on less than this.

5 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

I suspect you were both in real relationships, not made-for-tv ones. And yet you managed better than Whit with her fake one. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Choo Choo!! Hot Mess Express!!! Good Gawd Almighty! What a freak!  I've never been so happy for someone else's unhappiness (even if it's a big charade).

THIS has made all the listening to Twitney caterwaul and carry on worth it!  Yep, stoopid ass.  Go on and meet Chase at a rest stop between Charlotte & Wilmington.  You complete MORON.

Hopefully he'll say: "BUH-BYE YOU FAT STINKY WOMAN!!"

She's already got the DOG calling Buddy "Daddy".....  Just go with it Twit!

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5